PDA

View Full Version : 'We will be good Next Year' Thread

twcpfan1
12-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Those who feel they'll have a good year next year, post here. (Actually, the ones who feel they'll have a down year due to graduation, new schools etc can post here too.) Tell us about number of returning players (starters) and which ones are the ones to watch. Tell us how far you think your team will go.

KOfb92
12-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Klein Oak will no doubt make another playoff run, whether we make it as far is unknown with all the talented guys leaving for the next level.

Starters/Impact players returning:
QB Andy Wilson
WR/QB Brandon Mclain
WR Tory Waites
WR/DB Corey Waits
TE/WR Max Stevenson
WR Michael Starr
K Micheal Schroble
DB Trey Payne
DB Luke Muncie
LB Antwoine Stewart
LB Demetrich Gilliam
OL/DL Aurthur Fatu
DE Nathan Hughes

Our JV teams did well this season so hopefully some size and speed can be added from there. We lose our whole oline which averaged 6'3", 279lbs. It had 2 D1 guys and 1 D2 guy. And some standout guys at dline and linebacker. We will recover. Klein Oak has built a nice program. I think we should add some new coaches ie: OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Look for Max Stevenson to become the TE in Stanford commit, Jordan Najvar's absence. Tory Waites and Michael Starr are 2 speedy guys who can make plays with the ball. And on defense 2 very good DB's in Trey Payne and Muncie will be back. Also Nathan Hughes who only a sophomore this season made all kinds of plays. He is a great player and will only get better. The biggest concern for me is at runningback. RB has been a position we've always had a very talented player at...look at Desean Hales (Texas), Terrence Robinson (Michigan), and Ossam Cook (Kansas State? Undecided). I don't know who will take that role, but no doubt there will be someone.

Overall, look for a playoff run - I can't say much more than that at this time. Too many unknowns...

chunky79
12-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Katy will be dangerous

HomeofChampions'06
12-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Katy will be dangerous

Mmhmm. Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run.....and pass. :D

KOfb92
12-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Mmhmm. Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run.....and pass. :D

That sums up just about any highschool team.

desotoeaglesgrad
12-06-2008, 01:19 PM
DeSoto should have a very strong team next year. Nearly every one of their starters were juniors or sophomores this year, and they seemed to get better as the year went along.

chunky79
12-06-2008, 01:19 PM
That sums up just about any highschool team.

It's an understatement to katy next year

Plano West Wolf
12-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Here's to saying next year's team will MOST DEFINETLY be better than this Plano West team. We only returned about three starters and the 2007 team was senior heavy, not the case here. Our JV team went 8-2 (losing to only Flower Mound Marcus' JV and Plano East's JV capturing the 8-5A JV Championship, so there should be some good guys coming up. I say we'll make the playoffs again, and will win a playoff game for the first time since 2004. :D

Players to Watch:
Michael Pruneau (QB) - going to be a senior. Has the best shot at the starting job, he's tall (6'4"), quick and has a very strong arm. D1 tools, though when he played, he seemed to hold onto the ball for too long.

Jarrett Horan (RB) - going to be a junior. Was our super soph on offense. :) Ran for 629 and nine touchdowns while starter Darius Cohen was out with an injury. Quick, elusive and tough (not very big, but didn't wear down). Barring injury, he should be a 1,000 yard rusher for us next year.

Sean Ballard (WR) - going to be a senior. He was our leading receiver in terms of yardage and he has track speed. Expect him to be the to-go guy next year.

Nathan Broussard (LB) - going to be a junior. The super soph on defense. He was our best linebacker last year as a sophomore. He's got good size, speed and tackling ability. Has D1 tools.

Jackson Jeffcoat (DE) - going to be a senior. He's one of the best players in the nation and the best known guy on our team. This guy has been a beast since fresman year and he's even going to be better as a senior. Excellent size (6'5" 240) and speed (4.5 more or less) and has made a living in the opponents backfield.

Those guys will be the main impact players...

Other returning key contributors (with name, position and their grade level next year)
Shannon Adams (Linebacker - senior)
Blake Baldridge (Receiver - senior)
Travis Cross (Offensive Guard - junior)
Aaron Jefferson (Defensive Back - senior)
Elliott Moran (Defensive Back - senior)
Michael Rodriquez (Defensive End - senior)
Chase White (Offensive Line - senior)

I was going to make a list of the JV guys that will play key spots, but my computer has been spazzing out. If anyone is really interested, I'll type it out. :)

CKE
12-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Sv is losing a ton of people....see you in the semis again ;)

HUM398
12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Humble should have one of its better teams since 2003.

Offensive Starters returning:
OL Chris Martinez
OL Jeric Reynolds
RB Donavon Young
RB Tre Owens (Both backs were starters, One was the starter for the first half of the season, the other the second half)
WR Darius Tubbs
WR Xavier Maxwell
WR Daryl Smith

Defensive Starters returning:
DT Kenny Brown
DE Shannon Nettles
LB John Walker
FS Brison Burris
CB Alphanzo Harleston
OLB LaQuintas Dowell

Key players returning that weren't starters:
QB Javelle Walker
OL Spencer Drake
DE Paul Benniot
DT Thomas Mosely

Humble Returns 13 players from a very young 7-3 team. Im not sure how good we will be, but i know that we will win our district....We Shouldn't lose a single district game next season....and we shouldn't lose a Non-District game either.

We will see....i don't think anyone will have us high on their lists, but that the way i like it. We always do better when we are expected to suck...:D 10-0 season looks very likely to me though...

oldmojo94
12-06-2008, 04:17 PM
those crazy permian fans will tell ya all about the jv, and sophmore speed coming up..........im gonna wait till the 4th round;)

coriv
12-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Odessa High should improve on their 9-3 record.

Returning starters on offense
QB Derrick Teegarden - 2,224 yards and 24 TD's - 743 yards rushing and 10 TD's
RB Bradley Marquez - 1,743 yards and 21 TD's - 484 yards receiving and 5 TD's
RB Ronnie Marquez - 509 yards and 3 TD's
WR Tyler McQueen - 387 yards and 5 TD's
WR Gabriel Rodriguez - 269 yards and 2 TD's
LG Andrew Lopez
RG Jachin Hammack

Returning starters on defense
DE Dejion Rangel - Led the team with 8 sacks
DE Adam Daniels - 6 sacks
OLB Cody Ross
MLB Kody Tennison - Led the team with 76 tackles
OLB Alex Salgado
CB Renel Rodriguez
CB Darrian Samuels - 1 int.

The Wet Mustard
12-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Katy will win state, im going to run through the roster in number order

No4- jr -RB - Will jefferies- has split 1 time with a senior and a soph

No7- jr - QB- Michael Stojkovick - spent all year as a starting reciever and number 2 Qb ( will be interesting to see what he plays mext year)

No8 -jr- Wr- Ryan Jones- half the year was a starter but half as a back up, is a 3 year starter if you include is sophomore season from his previous school

No11-so-DB- colt atwood- started since middle of the season at corner, and his dad post on here i believe

No13 - SO-DB- Cameron Hancock- hasnt seen staring time but has been with 2's

No16-JR-QB- Hunter smith- hasnt even seen the field, should spend alot more time there with a frosh in front of him

No19-JR-K- Deyvi Hurtado- da punter and might take over all responsibilities next year

No20-Fr- Qb- Brooks Haak- where to start with this kid woowow, first freshman to play on varsity since aundre dean, nuff said

No23-SO- DB- Greg Morris- half the year as a starter and the other half inneligable( get your **** together kid)

No24-so- RB- Vernon Jefferies- has over 600 yards but missed quiet a few games dew to injury and has been 2nd string only because we are so deep

No25-Jr-Db/olb/kr/beast- Sam Holl- only person that will be remaining from the 07 team next year, oh and hes probably the best also

No27-so-Db- Channing Pate- has seen time in the playoffs

No30-jr-rb/db/kr- Duston Wilson- played running back and db both as a back up throughout the year

No31-jr-db- Ryan Rose-has started half the year and if gets bigger could be reallly good

No32-jr-olb- Duece Brown- havent seen much of this guy but he is big and fast

no33-jr-olb- Quentin Garrison- has seen 2 time

No35-so-db kevin turcious- has seen 2 time thoughout the year

no36-jr-lb- Corey matney- played some with ones and some with 2's

no 38-so-fb- eric needham- has seen late game time i believe

no40-jr-olb-Terrance Barley- hehas seen starting time

no41-so-lb- Grant clifton- big strong and has started a large percent of the year

no42-jr-lb- Johnathon Fishcer- has started all year and is a very smart player

no43-jr-olb- Zacj Okruhlik- started first game but has been back up since, he needs to get bigger

no48-so-db-joey chapman- he is a back up soley because he just stasted this position

no66-so-ol- connor cox- has been a back up and played a bit in the playoffs

no68-jr-ol- alfredo gonzalez- started or rotated with 1's all year

no78-jr-ol- Shep Klinke- is maybe the best offensive lineman on the team, he is Div-1 material-started all year

no82-jr-wr- matt guajardo- back up all year but playiff playing time

no87-jr-wr- manny alexander- same as above

no88-jr-te- zach swanson- has been rotating with 1's all year

no90-jr-dl-tyler adams- hasnt playesd alot but is decent back up

no91-so-dl- nick narcisse- stated all year and us good, and a class act

no95-jr-dl- michael bray- tall slender and fast off the edge, has seen 1 time

no99-so-dl-john sampa- has seen one time

If i counted right then there are
(is)1 Frshman
12 Sophomres
21 juniors
returing next year, thats not including move-ups,
actually the fresman is a move up but hes a special move up as stated above
if you want to include the move ups there are
1frosh
20soph
43jr

If i were to make an guess id say we are returing atleast 14 starters but over 22 that have starting time

ruffshod
12-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Did you miss anyone?:D

odessapermian.com
12-06-2008, 06:39 PM
those crazy permian fans will tell ya all about the jv, and sophmore speed coming up..........im gonna wait till the 4th round;)

Wow, Tommy Morris is sure going to be disappointed. Wasn't that you slobbering all over him earlier this season? :eek:

MOJO Mystique
12-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Odessa High should improve on their 9-3 record.

Returning starters on offense
QB Derrick Teegarden - 2,224 yards and 24 TD's - 743 yards rushing and 10 TD's
RB Bradley Marquez - 1,743 yards and 21 TD's - 484 yards receiving and 5 TD's
RB Ronnie Marquez - 509 yards and 3 TD's
WR Tyler McQueen - 387 yards and 5 TD's
WR Gabriel Rodriguez - 269 yards and 2 TD's
LG Andrew Lopez
RG Jachin Hammack

Returning starters on defense
DE Dejion Rangel - Led the team with 8 sacks
DE Adam Daniels - 6 sacks
OLB Cody Ross
MLB Kody Tennison - Led the team with 76 tackles
OLB Alex Salgado
CB Renel Rodriguez
CB Darrian Samuels - 1 int.

The all district qb and the newcomer of the year at rb. OHS should be salty again.

oldmojo94
12-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Wow, Tommy Morris is sure going to be disappointed. Wasn't that you slobbering all over him earlier this season? :eek:
nope, not me. new to site. thanks though.:notworthy

MOJO Mystique
12-08-2008, 11:01 PM
It must have been another oldmojo94. Yea sure :rolleyes:

oldmojo94
12-08-2008, 11:58 PM
It must have been another oldmojo94. Yea sure :rolleyes:
why are you so bitter? seasonal depression? let me know if i can do anything for you. i have tons of references. seriously, not talking trash. just pm me......

odessapermian.com
12-09-2008, 12:06 AM
nope, not me. new to site. thanks though.:notworthy

I meant on the MOJO message board.

08/21/08

Hey Tommy,
Just wanting to let you know that you are a ******. I think you will be on varsity before the playoffs. Just keep doing what you do and play hard every down. You have true god given talent. When the lights shine bright on Thursday night (or Friday night before too long) reach down deep and pull out your MOJO! Good Luck for the rest of your MOJO carer. I will be cheering for you! Go T and Go MOJO!

That was posted by someone who can no longer post over there. Since that person's existing names were on read only status, that person tried to register the new name of oldmojo94 a few hours before the same name was registered over here. I guess it was purely coincidental. My bad. :D

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 12:48 AM

That was posted by someone who can no longer post over there. Since that person's existing names were on read only status, that person tried to register the new name of oldmojo94 a few hours before the same name was registered over here. I guess it was purely coincidental. My bad. :D
dont even know the morris kid. he a stud on jv? just got on here couple of weeks ago.:) now, i did try to get on the odessapermian.com site, but the host (yuku?)wanted me to blow rainbows up their butt with a paragraph about why i wanted to be on the site, soooooo........but i never posted anything on your site...

MOJO Mystique
12-09-2008, 01:14 AM
why are you so bitter? seasonal depression? let me know if i can do anything for you. i have tons of references. seriously, not talking trash. just pm me......

Must be talking about yourself. :rolleyes:

MOJO Mystique
12-09-2008, 01:16 AM

Ouch... Somebody just got owned. :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Must be talking about yourself. :rolleyes:
just let me know.....;)

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Ouch... Somebody just got owned. :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
???????:confused: hang in there mystique....its gets better, i promise!!

MOJO Mystique
12-09-2008, 01:19 AM
dont even know the morris kid. he a stud on jv? just got on here couple of weeks ago.:) now, i did try to get on the odessapermian.com site, but the host (yuku?)wanted me to blow rainbows up their butt with a paragraph about why i wanted to be on the site, soooooo........but i never posted anything on your site...

Anyone in Odessa who does'nt know who Tommey Morris has no business giving opinions about anything having to do with Permain football. Come back when you get a clue. :rolleyes:

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Anyone in Odessa who does'nt know who Tommey Morris has no business giving opinions about anything having to do with Permain football. Come back when you get a clue. :rolleyes:
so ive been spending too much time with your girl.....forgive me......obviously hes not that great.....sophomores have played on varsity before, during the regular season. just because you worship him in the halls, and try to get him to go to rosa's with you for lunch doesnt make him good:confused:

MOJO Mystique
12-09-2008, 01:22 AM
???????:confused: hang in there mystique....its gets better, i promise!!

It can't get any better than this... I enjoy watching you make a fool out of yourself. Keep going. :notworthy

MOJO Mystique
12-09-2008, 01:25 AM
so ive been spending too much time with your girl.....forgive me......obviously hes not that great.....sophomores have played on varsity before, during the regular season. just because you worship him in the halls, and try to get him to go to rosa's with you for lunch doesnt make him good:confused:

Uh yea right... I'm not the one making the stalker posts about him on the Mojo board. :notworthy:notworthy
Please go back to school, and come back next year to wow us with what you have learned about high school football.

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:25 AM
It can't get any better than this... I enjoy watching you make a fool out of yourself. Keep going. :notworthy
i was just typing the same thing......

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:27 AM
Uh yea right... I'm not the one making the stalker posts about him on the Mojo board. :notworthy:notworthy
Please go back to school, and come back next year to wow us with what you have learned about high school football.
he didnt play, bro. guess the coaches thought he wasnt ready.....

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:27 AM
theres a school that teaches high school football?? SWEET!!!

odessapermian.com
12-09-2008, 01:29 AM
dont even know the morris kid. he a stud on jv? just got on here couple of weeks ago.:)

Sorry man, everyone knows the secret.

MOJO Mystique
12-09-2008, 01:31 AM
nm

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:32 AM
crap:( they got a website? ive got good sat scores:) so i found a little on morris. wideout, right?? dude couldnt be #2 wr???

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:33 AM
What secret?
dur,dur,dur......what secret........geez......:mad: talk slowly for mystique, please

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:35 AM
ok, op.com....whats up with the morris kid? talented but too raw? why didnt he move up early?

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:36 AM
nm
he edited his post.....what an idiot!!! hahahaha:notworthy:notworthy

MOJO Mystique
12-09-2008, 01:39 AM
he edited his post.....what an idiot!!! hahahaha:notworthy:notworthy

Yea, turns out I was right all along. Get a life dude.

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Yea, turns out I was right all along. Get a life dude.
you changed your post brother. it takes you too long to get things. its ok man, we were all young once:notworthy game over sir!!

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:45 AM
so is this kid the 'next big thing'? why did he not get any cracks at varsity?

MOJO Mystique
12-09-2008, 01:45 AM
you changed your post brother. it takes you too long to get things. its ok man, we were all young once:notworthy game over sir!!

Kid? Class of 1978 baby boy.

The game was over when you got banned from the Mojo board and had to find other places to dump on. :eek:

have fun playing and talking to yourself.

MOJO Mystique
12-09-2008, 01:47 AM
so is this kid the 'next big thing'? why did he not get any cracks at varsity?

Talk about not getting it? The secret is who you ...really... are. Duh! Enjoy being in time out little boy.

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:49 AM
whooooooooa!!!!! way past your bedtime geezer!!! its almost 2am!!

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 01:50 AM
whooooooooa!!!!! way past your bedtime geezer!!! its almost 2am!!
This message is hidden because MOJO Mystique is on your ignore list (http://5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).:):)

RRSP1
12-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Stony Point. 20+ of sophs & jrs got quality varsity time this year, and 5 subvarsity teams posted a 36-12-1 record, including a 10-0 JVA team. Not saying they'll go as far as this year's team, but they will be a threat.

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Stony Point. 20+ of sophs & jrs got quality varsity time this year, and 5 subvarsity teams posted a 36-12-1 record, including a 10-0 JVA team. Not saying they'll go as far as this year's team, but they will be a threat.
that experience is gonna be helpful. they will be in the mix again. seems the coaches have started a little something. how long has stony point even been a school?

Maroondog
12-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Superman is flying away along with the other two of the triplets so I think we will suck. :D

Do you hear me Farmer?

NBC_43
12-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I like the way Jesuit looks next year, and I definitely think they'll have a better season than they had this year. Lots of returning starters on defense, and plenty of good athletes at the skill positions on offense. Big question will be the O line as they will be losing 3 three year lettermen in Tausch, Haynes, and Rhatican. I think playoffs are likely for them.

STPFootball2011
12-09-2008, 09:55 PM
that experience is gonna be helpful. they will be in the mix again. seems the coaches have started a little something. how long has stony point even been a school?
SP been around since 99 i think and first varsity team was 01 i believe. agree with above that next years team will be good but maybe not the physical talent on the d-line like this year. but first we need to see how great this team really is. hope we'll know Sat and Dec.20th

farmerfan
12-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Superman is flying away along with the other two of the triplets so I think we will suck. :D

Do you hear me Farmer?

There are some things in life that you don't ever have to think about.
Plano and SUCK happen to be one of those.
You are slowly starting to come around, just quit thinking and start knowing and you will be set :D

LR46
12-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Be aware and ever so cognizant of the TROJANs.
My advice, just be aware.

Katy Krusher
12-09-2008, 10:30 PM
I think Katy will be good next year. This team was supposed to be rebuilding, and we have done well.

I expect next year to be even better.

oldmojo94
12-09-2008, 11:11 PM
SP been around since 99 i think and first varsity team was 01 i believe. agree with above that next years team will be good but maybe not the physical talent on the d-line like this year. but first we need to see how great this team really is. hope we'll know Sat and Dec.20th
not winning sat or dec 20th will not make you un-great. to be in the semis after only 8 years is somewhat special. has the same coaching staff been in place the whole time?

dragonpants
12-10-2008, 07:47 AM
I am taking the Trinity approach. We will not be very good next year. Hopefully we can finish in the top 4 in a six team district so we can have a playoff game.

dragonpants
12-10-2008, 08:12 AM
I think Katy will be good next year. This team was supposed to be rebuilding, and we have done well.

I expect next year to be even better.

I am very impressed with Katy this year.

A rough start and now a deep run in the playoffs, they obviously got better as the season went on which is an indication of great coaching and great kids.

Hats off, win the whole damn thing...............

dragonpants
12-10-2008, 08:14 AM
I like the way Jesuit looks next year, and I definitely think they'll have a better season than they had this year. Lots of returning starters on defense, and plenty of good athletes at the skill positions on offense. Big question will be the O line as they will be losing 3 three year lettermen in Tausch, Haynes, and Rhatican. I think playoffs are likely for them.

How could you have a worse year?

Playoffs? It is questionable whether ya'll should be playing 5A ball to begin with and couple that with a tough district, Jesuit does not make the playoffs for a long long time.

chhspantherfan
12-10-2008, 08:15 AM
I am taking the Trinity approach. We will not be very good next year. Hopefully we can finish in the top 4 in a six team district so we can have a playoff game.

that doesn't fit you very well;)

cfisdbacker
12-10-2008, 01:24 PM
In 15-5a what out for CyCreek, Langham Creek, and CyRidge. They each have a bunch of returning All District players.

Cy-Creek has 8 All District players returning plus 3 other starters from their 1st place team. They have a strong incoming senior class and their JV team going undefeated in District.

Langham Creek has 6 returning All District starters and will be a factor in the title hunt

As always CyRidge will be the favorite with 5 All District starters returning and plenty of talent.

Cy-Fair has 3 returning All District selections and should be improved.

Cy-Woods, Jersey Village, Cy-Falls and CySprings have 1 or 2 returning All District players returning.

Pearland1
12-10-2008, 01:34 PM
In 15-5a what out for CyCreek, Langham Creek, and CyRidge. They each have a bunch of returning All District players.

Cy-Creek has 8 All District players returning plus 3 other starters from their 1st place team. They have a strong incoming senior class and their JV team going undefeated in District.

Langham Creek has 6 returning All District starters and will be a factor in the title hunt

As always CyRidge will be the favorite with 5 All District starters returning and plenty of talent.

Cy-Fair has 3 returning All District selections and should be improved.

Cy-Woods, Jersey Village, Cy-Falls and CySprings have 1 or 2 returning All District players returning.

I hope the Cy Guffies come back.

oldmojo94
12-11-2008, 08:05 AM
hey mojo......go vote!!!!http://www.prepticket.com/news/market/tx/id/2290