PDA

View Full Version : Deer Hunters

bubbacoach
11-30-2005, 10:07 AM
I private message with a couple of you guys about deer hunting. What I want to know is how many of you hard core high school football fans are also hunters? Where do you hunt? How is your season going? I have killed a 16 inch 7point cull buck and that is really it, except for a few hogs. My wife has killed a 19 inch 8 point. Tell me how your season is going? I am as passionate about hunting as I am High School Football.

wide-e-wide
11-30-2005, 10:43 AM
Yoou ain't gon' believ'is...but I's lookin' threw my peephole tha' other day...
An' guess what I seen?
A big 'ol buck a'standin' in my front yard. I's in my drawers just a'watchin' eem...Then one a'my younguns ran threw the house a'hoopin' and a'hollerin'...spooked the damn daeer...So what's I 'posed to do? Maah wife's hollerin' go ceetch 'em David Wayne...she thumped tha butt to her Camel at meeh...and plopped down to watch'at Spranger feller on TV...I cuddn't take it no mower...I had to do summthin'...so whut I do?
Well......I swang open 'nat dower...and ran after eeit...I's in my drawers and my unmentionables was just flappin' in the breeze boy...
I couldn't find nothin' to chunk a'dat sum*****...So I reached down in my naybors fliiour bed and grabbed me one 'nem bricks what you put 'round your garden...and I flung it...at's right I flung it as hard as I cooould...Lik'at Ryan feller what used to play for da' Astros...and riyaat as I chunked it ...that daeer stopped...It was tha most beautifulliest thang I'd ever seen...That ACME logo on'at brink twirling end over end...'till it hit that big 'ol baastard right between his eeays...I started hollerin' like I's at a Lynard Skynard concert err somthin'...and'nat daeer just flopped over dead on his ***...14 ded' gum points he was by God...and I kilt him with a naybor's brick. I grabbed that big 'ol sum***** by his nose and drug 'em back'over to my porch...Strung'em up right'dar and skinnt him for everybody to see. An' the moral to that story is........don't mess wit' me when I'm runnin' down the street in my drawers with my naybor's brick in maah hand.

I bet I's the onlyest won dats ever done'nat...
Top'at won big shots.

bubbacoach
11-30-2005, 11:00 AM
HA,Ha you liberal ..... I know you probably do not hunt because you couldn't find it in you to hurt poor littly bambi. You have atheist meeting to attend and all. If you aren't a hunter that is your business, but I would like to see who is. :cool:

wide-e-wide
11-30-2005, 11:23 AM
HA,Ha you liberal ..... I know you probably do not hunt because you couldn't find it in you to hurt poor littly bambi. You have atheist meeting to attend and all. If you aren't a hunter that is your business, but I would like to see who is. :cool:

Excuse me?:confused:

I was joking around with my fellow East Texans that hunt. I am not a liberal...and no I don't hunt. But it was a joke...not a statement that hunting is wrong in any way. I just don't do it...lighten up bro.

athiest?
Not in the least...
In fact if you were at my church last week you could have witnessed my Baptism....Imagine that.

And Bambi was overrated.

dada
11-30-2005, 11:30 AM

I was joking around with my fellow East Texans that hunt. I am not a liberal...and no I don't hunt. But it was a joke...not a statement that hunting is wrong in any way. I just don't do it...lighten up bro.

athiest?
Not in the least...
In fact if you were at my church last week you could have witnessed my Baptism....Imagine that.

And Bambi was overrated.
I cried when I saw Bambi....in a manly sort of way Of course! I looked hard while I was crying.

The closest thing I came to hunting besides "Slicky Boy" in Korea who kept stealing Sh#t out of the port-o-johns was Crawdads. Everytime it rained my sister and I would get a spool of thread and hotdogs and drop them in little holes on the side of the house where crayfish lived....and I STILL don't know how they got there or why they were living in 4th Ward with Buffalo Bayou about half-mile away.....Oh....one day I let my dog into my neighbors chicken coop....is that hunting?:D

Redneckn
11-30-2005, 11:38 AM
I don't hunt deer. Too much trouble. It's easier to just go and buy beef.

I do still coon hunt here and there.

wide-e-wide
11-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh....one day I let my dog into my neighbors chicken coop....is that hunting?

I don't know if it's considered hunting...but it is damn sure quality entertainment. I once saw a Rottweiller chasing an emu...ranks up there
with the funniest things I have ever witnessed.

dada
11-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I don't know if it's considered hunting...but it is damn sure quality entertainment. I once saw a Rottweiller chasing an emu...ranks up there
with the funniest things I have ever witnessed.
I kinda felt bad afterwards...I mean my dog...she didnt leave any witnesses. I wanted to tell so bad because I felt guilty. She also got a hold to one of his baby goats one day. I couldn't watch..I had to save it....my dog just seemed so happy when she was killing stuff. I miss her.

wide-e-wide
11-30-2005, 12:07 PM
I kinda felt bad afterwards...I mean my dog...she didnt leave any witnesses. I wanted to tell so bad because I felt guilty. She also got a hold to one of his baby goats one day. I couldn't watch..I had to save it....my dog just seemed so happy when she was killing stuff. I miss her.

LMAO

What is it about one animal attacking another animal that makes us as humans so fascinated? I watch it all the time on the Discovery channel...

dada
11-30-2005, 12:17 PM
LMAO

What is it about one animal attacking another animal that makes us as humans so fascinated? I watch it all the time on the Discovery channel...
I watch it ALL THE TIME TOO...My son thinks Steve Irwin is his real dad....but the thing about TV is that it's edited....looks so clean and painless...Lion bites antelope....antelope dies....lion eats antelope....NOPE...Lot of blood splattering, blood curling screaming...poop flying every where..It's nasty...lol I may have become a serial killer or something if I would have wathched my dog dismember a billy goat....glad I stopped it....I was getting excited watching it....and I don't think that's right..lol

Big Daddy Cool
11-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Never been much of a hunter myself though I did tag along with my dad when I was a wee little fellar. Though as long as you kill it and grill it I don't have a problem with anyone that likes doing it. And I certainly don't mind eating some of it.

mad_fan
11-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Not much anymore. I mostly go out with friends out here in west Texas (San Angelo, Junction, Sonora, etc). We shoot rocks and trees and stuff (and drink beer). Yes, beer is involved in EVERYTHING. We don't shoot oak trees, mostly mesquite and cedar (my .50 Cal fells them:D ). That's our west Texas water conservation plan...but there is lead everywhere.

lonny23
11-30-2005, 07:25 PM

athiest?
Not in the least...

And Bambi was overrated.
Congrats on getting baptized!

I thought it was funny.:D

BigArab
12-01-2005, 12:48 AM
My favorite places to hunt:

Coleman, Texas
Sonora, Texas
Garfield County, Montana

bubbacoach
01-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Ended my season with a good 8 pointer? Any of you guys kill anything worth bragging about?:)

Miss Kitty
01-13-2006, 01:21 PM

athiest?
Not in the least...

And Bambi was overrated.

Congrats on the Baptism Wide! :)

lonny23
01-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Congrats on the Baptism Wide! :)
They should've dunked Wide twice for good measure!:p

t00 playa
01-13-2006, 02:50 PM
is hunting a sport?:eek:

Redneckn
01-13-2006, 03:01 PM
I killed a coupla coon this season. Weren't unusually big, but I did make 15 apiece for them...:)

Big_Maar
01-13-2006, 04:07 PM
There is no sport in sitting in a tree waiting to ambush a deer..... that's why I track deem big hawgs, boyz. Having one of them 450lb hawgs charge you is exactly what makes it fun. Then you have to wrestle them and hope your dawgs bail you out.

Wide, you had me rolling with your little story.:D

I agree with Lonny, they should have double dipped you.:eek:

Miss Kitty
01-13-2006, 06:12 PM
I was joking around with my fellow East Texans that hunt.

People in East Texas hunt? :D

lonny23
01-14-2006, 04:14 PM
People in East Texas hunt? :D
They try to, but there isn't much to hunt.

thestud
01-14-2006, 04:59 PM
didn't go after any deer this year but if i did it woulda been in one of these places

throckmorton
thorndale
bradshaw
coleman

coleman has some damn fine bird huntin as well. knox city area is a great to place to get your hog hunting done, took 3shells of 44 mag hollowpoint to bring down a 317 lb sow. she wasnt messin around i was gona be on the menu:eek: