PDA

View Full Version : Rip 6-5a

CoppellCowboy57
11-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Its taken me a few days on what to write on what a great season of football 6-5A had. Even though none of us made our goals this season, we have next season to look forward to.

In No Order:
Hebron: Great season congrats on owning the 6-5A crown, you've earned it. Next year take it to the house. Oh, and keep bringing that wood.

Flower Mound Marcus: I really wanted to see y'all upset Euless but you have great returning Jrs. and You are deffently in the TOP 5 in the Metroplex when you start next season.

Southlake: What a season of disappointments, but hey I still think you can bounce right back up there and win it all. I mean hell Traditions end, but new ones start.

Flower Mound: You flew high at the start of the season a turned alot of heads, Keep y'alls head up 6-5A was tough and it came down to points who would make what spot in the play-offs. Great season Jags!

Lewisville: Alot was learned this year, you guys will have a new coach, and new learning expriances to start this season. Build on what you learned not todo this season.

And Finally To my Coppell Boys:

Way to play all season long, you did things that nobuddy thought you could do. I know you guys didnt make state, but y'all played your hearts out right up until the end. You did something that hadnt been done at Coppell in 7 years by beating Southlake, and you won a play-off game for the first time since 2003. You rank up there with the Top Coppell teams ever including the 2000 team that advanced three rounds deep. Im proud of y'all and the City of Coppell is proud of you. The Curse of the Spike will just have to wait to next year to be broken.

6-5A thanks for a great season, and I can't wait till next season kicks off. :notworthy

~CC57

trinitytrojansdominate
11-27-2008, 07:34 PM
I thought Coppell could go all 'da way;)

Dain Bramage
11-27-2008, 07:53 PM
It's ironic. All the sportswriters pegged 6-5A as the most competitive district in the state yet no one's left. My kids graduated Hebron and I was pulling hard for the Hawks but they fell short.

I think Marcus and Coppell will be the same or better next year. Also suspect Southlake comes back strong. Don't know much about Lewisville.

Hebron's screwed as long as the Brazil still thinks he's at a 1A school and makes the skill players go both ways! If we don't go deep or win state next year he has to go.

da hawaiian
11-27-2008, 08:44 PM
It's ironic. All the sportswriters pegged 6-5A as the most competitive district in the state yet no one's left. My kids graduated Hebron and I was pulling hard for the Hawks but they fell short.

I think Marcus and Coppell will be the same or better next year. Also suspect Southlake comes back strong. Don't know much about Lewisville.

Hebron's screwed as long as the Brazil still thinks he's at a 1A school and makes the skill players go both ways! If we don't go deep or win state next year he has to go.

Brazil is a saavy coach. Platooning is nothing new, most of us 30 and olders remeber the days of going offense, defense and special teams and thought nothing of it.

I loved the kickoff formation he called last week to get Wylie to burn a timeout as he was bluffing witn the onside formation. His playcall on the "Drive" that beat Bell last week where they catch Bell napping with a swinging gate formation that went for 30 and put them in great field position to seal the game...

I'm sure there's alot of schools who'd love to have a shot at Brazil should yall not want him.

SMELL-IT!
11-27-2008, 08:54 PM

Last time I checked, Coach Brazil has not one, not two, but three state rings on his fat little fingers. You my friend have no clue!!!!!!!!! Let me see, District champs, what 5 years in a row!! They went 4 rounds deep last year. You must be pissed because your kid didn't get to play. You put the best 11 on the field. Sounds like a great record to me.:D

CoppellCowboy57
11-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Hey gents lets keep it positive. We're all in the same boat right now. The kids had an amazing year this year and we should all be proud of our respective year. Lets not bash Coaches, Players, or Schools.

MOJOLonghorn
11-28-2008, 03:55 AM
Last time I checked, Coach Brazil has not one, not two, but three state rings on his fat little fingers. You my friend have no clue!!!!!!!!! Let me see, District champs, what 5 years in a row!! They went 4 rounds deep last year. You must be pissed because your kid didn't get to play. You put the best 11 on the field. Sounds like a great record to me.:D

I'll bet he wouldn't have to move 5-10 miles, if at all.

HebronHawk
11-28-2008, 06:16 AM
Dain Bramage speaks for nobody in the Hebron football program.

JagFan
11-28-2008, 06:40 AM
I know that nobody got as far as they wanted. I like this district, it has a sense of family. Let's keep this thread positive.

JagFan
11-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Its taken me a few days on what to write on what a great season of football 6-5A had. Even though none of us made our goals this season, we have next season to look forward to.

In No Order:
Hebron: Great season congrats on owning the 6-5A crown, you've earned it. Next year take it to the house. Oh, and keep bringing that wood.

Flower Mound Marcus: I really wanted to see y'all upset Euless but you have great returning Jrs. and You are deffently in the TOP 5 in the Metroplex when you start next season.

Southlake: What a season of disappointments, but hey I still think you can bounce right back up there and win it all. I mean hell Traditions end, but new ones start.

Flower Mound: You flew high at the start of the season a turned alot of heads, Keep y'alls head up 6-5A was tough and it came down to points who would make what spot in the play-offs. Great season Jags!

Lewisville: Alot was learned this year, you guys will have a new coach, and new learning expriances to start this season. Build on what you learned not todo this season.

And Finally To my Coppell Boys:

Way to play all season long, you did things that nobuddy thought you could do. I know you guys didnt make state, but y'all played your hearts out right up until the end. You did something that hadnt been done at Coppell in 7 years by beating Southlake, and you won a play-off game for the first time since 2003. You rank up there with the Top Coppell teams ever including the 2000 team that advanced three rounds deep. Im proud of y'all and the City of Coppell is proud of you. The Curse of the Spike will just have to wait to next year to be broken.

6-5A thanks for a great season, and I can't wait till next season kicks off. :notworthy

~CC57

Great post Coppell. We all need to thank you for all you do for all of us. You sir, are a hero. Thank You:)

Stuck_In_The_Middle
11-28-2008, 07:37 AM
:notworthy

CoplBandDad
11-28-2008, 10:53 AM
What I love about this district is every game was like a playoff game. Each game had the potential of knocking you out of the playoffs. We had huge crowds, big bands, large drill teams and great student fan participation. Unlike in years past with other former district members you didn't feel sorry for the other team with a couple of hundred people in the stands. The other major positive from these type games is that gate, concession, program and souvenir receipts must have been great with these big crowds.

Maybe an "excuse" for 6-5A not going deeper in the playoffs is because we were beating the crap out of each other for the past 5 weeks. Hard to play with that kind of intensity every week.

Looking forward to next year. It will be another year of two great teams missing the playoffs. In the meantime, we can enjoy some great games in the other sports with so many state level competitive teams in basketball, soccer, baseball, etc....

That reminds me, this district had 2 of the top three marching bands in the state this year (Marcus and Coppell), Go Band!

CoppellCowboy57
11-28-2008, 12:04 PM
It still amazes me what Scott Mason does for his Band kids year in and year out.

6-5A beat each other up, but nobuddy took any team lightly even Lewisville who played hard there at the end. By the play-offs we were rooting each other on, maybe next year we'll have an all 6-5A region finals so we can at least say a 6-5A team knocked us out of the playoffs

marcusdrillmom
11-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Good thread coppellcowboy!

It is true every Friday night was like a playoff game this year. It gets to be mentally exhausting as well as physically for the teams.

Next year 6-5a will be back strong I am sure.

and Coppellcowboy - thank you for your service, it is so appreciated!

Dain Bramage
11-28-2008, 03:53 PM

I have no ax to grind because my kids didn't get to play. My 2 daughters already graduated Hebron. BTW, credit him with ONE championship. He was an assistant at Lewisville the first 2 times. You giving him the credit for those, too??

I repeat, this is 5A. With varsity, 3 freshman and 2 JV teams there's got to be someone who can play corner besides having Alex Norman do it along with playing every offensive play as wide receiver. And every kick and punt coverage. Phillip Mitchell played the same schedule along with every other skilled position. Using your logic why didn't Brazil have the best athlete on the team play both ways and on special teams? His name is Justin Iwuji.

Bottom line with the talent at Hebron we should have gotten to the finals 3-4 time by now. Underachieving is a form of failure you must not recognize.

slim
11-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Doc RJ..... I mean Dain bramage is a good name for you, because you have no clue what you're talking about. Alex does not play corner (he plays outside linebacker), and he's not on ANY Special Teams. Phillip only plays about 1/2 the time on offense, and Iwuji did play a couple of play at corner the last 2 weeks. Please drop the crack pipe!

Also, please enlighten us as to which 3 or 4 Hebron teams SHOULD have made the finals???

Please change affiliations, and follow another team. I'm sure Smith, Turner, or Creekview could use another fair weather fan!!! Everyone know who you are, and we were not sad to see you go, DOC!!!!!

Dain Bramage
11-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Doc RJ..... I mean Dain bramage is a good name for you, because you have no clue what you're talking about. Alex does not play corner (he plays outside linebacker), and he's not on ANY Special Teams. Phillip only plays about 1/2 the time on offense, and Iwuji did play a couple of play at corner the last 2 weeks. Please drop the crack pipe!

Also, please enlighten us as to which 3 or 4 Hebron teams SHOULD have made the finals???

Please change affiliations, and follow another team. I'm sure Smith, Turner, or Creekview could use another fair weather fan!!! Everyone know who you are, and we were not sad to see you go, DOC!!!!!

Not sure who you think Doc RJ is and why you were glad he left. BTW, I don't smoke crack! OK, Norman played outside linebacker not corner.

If you don't think we could gotten to the finals or won 3-4 championships by now then YOU are the pessimistic fair weather fan.

In 4A, before we won state were probably the best teams ever . Tim Ball at running back and Pitrucha at QB. And they weren't the best players. Lewis Baker went to Oklahoma and started at safety and Ian Cunningham started OL at Virginia. Remember. those were the days they beat everyone 60-7?? The team last year with Tanner Marsh had a chance also. Got beat by Abilene in the Region I finals. They should/could have gone all the way. The 2005 state champ team was maybe equal to this and last years teams but not close to the 2003/2004 teams.

If the coaching fails the players, why should we be happy about it.

SMELL-IT!
11-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Not sure who you think Doc RJ is and why you were glad he left. BTW, I don't smoke crack! OK, Norman played outside linebacker not corner.

If you don't think we could gotten to the finals or won 3-4 championships by now then YOU are the pessimistic fair weather fan.

In 4A, before we won state were probably the best teams ever . Tim Ball at running back and Pitrucha at QB. And they weren't the best players. Lewis Baker went to Oklahoma and started at safety and Ian Cunningham started OL at Virginia. Remember. those were the days they beat everyone 60-7?? The team last year with Tanner Marsh had a chance also. Got beat by Abilene in the Region I finals. They should/could have gone all the way. The 2005 state champ team was maybe equal to this and last years teams but not close to the 2003/2004 teams.

If the coaching fails the players, why should we be happy about it. WE, would mean YOU had something to do with the Hebron football team. I think not! Humor me and share some of YOUR coaching tips! I along with many more folks would love to hear how YOU would do it. Please tell us how coaching fails! For your info. Coach Brazil was the DC when LHS won the title in 96. While Tim, Justin P., Ian, and Lewis were all great players, their supporting cast was not near what Hebron had in 05.

CoplBandDad
11-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey gents lets keep it positive. We're all in the same boat right now. The kids had an amazing year this year and we should all be proud of our respective year. Lets not bash Coaches, Players, or Schools.

As CC57 said, lets keep this thread positive and about 6-5A. Its his thread afterall. I suggest a new thread for "Would Hebron had won more championships without Brazil..." where you guys can continue your argument.

FMJags490
11-28-2008, 06:45 PM
I know you guys hate the fact that Brazil plays your best athletes both ways, but I think you should trust him. I would take Coach Brazil in a second. He is a top 5 coach in the state.

SMELL-IT!
11-28-2008, 06:56 PM
I know you guys hate the fact that Brazil plays your best athletes both ways, but I think you should trust him. I would take Coach Brazil in a second. He is a top 5 coach in the state.AMEN:notworthy

Maroondog
11-28-2008, 07:16 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to Rip 6-5a. Oh,... no,.. I see, you mean R.I.P. :D

Dain Bramage
11-28-2008, 08:02 PM
6-5A will be back stronger and more competitive next season. Too bad only 4 teams make the playoffs. Can't wait.

slim
11-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I call you Doc, because we need you about as much as we need him. You're not fooling anyone.

"If the coaching fails the players, why should we be happy about it. "

EXACTLY how did the coaching fail???

PS-Brandon McCain was the QB with Time Ball, DOC. Pitrucha played about every 3rd series back then.

bigdaddydog
11-28-2008, 10:27 PM
It still amazes me what Scott Mason does for his Band kids year in and year out.

6-5A beat each other up, but nobuddy took any team lightly even Lewisville who played hard there at the end. By the play-offs we were rooting each other on, maybe next year we'll have an all 6-5A region finals so we can at least say a 6-5A team knocked us out of the playoffs

Coppell, your band is great! Lots of respect to the Cowboys football team also. They played a hard game against the Eagles. Too many mistakes and just plain bad breaks for you guys to recover.

Congratulation on a great season. 6-5A will be back next season!! :notworthy

I wanted to let you guys know about the highlight video of the Allen vs Coppell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74RwIxQ7fR8) game. Be sure to watch the high quality version.

Don't pay any attention to the Yosemite Sam voice at the end that was a special message for a good friend of mine that lives in Coppell. He and I have a running smack down over our HS football.

Cheers,

~

farmerfan
11-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Anybody who is ripping on Coach Brazil goes down as the biggest idiot in the world. What a tool.

Hebron has not even had 10 varsity season, and they already have a history that schools who have been around for 80 years would envy.
Catch a freaking clue brain damage.

Hawkfan60
11-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Dain Bramage speaks for nobody in the Hebron football program.

Thank you. :) I think 6-5A lacked the powerhouse state contender like a Trinity, for example, but was full of very good teams making it very competitive and fun from week to week. You could go 4 or 5 deep in 6-5A without much of a dropoff compared to other districts. The Hawks were a special teams play away from staying alive last week but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Among all his other accomplishments, Coach Brazil deserves a lot of credit for this year's rebound from an 0-3 start to winning 6-5A! :notworthy

Buford T Justice
11-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Dain Bramage you are a freakin idiot. I guess next your going to say Tom Landry was a terrible coach because the Cowboys didnt win the Super Bowl every year. Go root for another team. The Hawks dont need your kind of loyalty

Trinity Alum
11-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Hebron had a very good season and Brazil had a lot to do with that.

Drphill
11-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Hebron's screwed as long as the Brazil still thinks he's at a 1A school and makes the skill players go both ways! If we don't go deep or win state next year he has to go.[/QUOTE]

What an Idiot! Last year we returned 1 starter and Brazil takes the kids four deep. This year a brand new QB and we still win District and go two deep. Brazil was picked Coach of the Year by the other Coaches who have tons of respect for him. Then your dumb butt gets on here and makes a dumb :Censor: statement like that. Im with smellit, Buford and Slim, go find another program! Plano is close, well no not them. They played Burkhead in every position and they have 5000 kids to chose from.

HebronHawk
11-29-2008, 02:11 PM

If the coaching fails the players, why should we be happy about it.

Baker and Cunningham were great players at Hebron but Coach Brazil was still building the team. Graduating among the first classes at Hebron, they did play on Hebron's first playoff team in 2002 which went 2 deep in the playoffs.

Everyone was disappointed in the 2004 team which exited in the first round after an undefeated reg. season. That was good experience for the 2005 team which went all the way 16-0.

Entering 5A, we encountered the unbelievable Cedar Hill team twice in 2006 knocking us out in the 2nd round of the playoffs. We got beat, they were the better team in 2006.

Last year, we went 4 rounds deep in the playoffs with almost no returning starters.

I'm disappointed personally that we didn't make it further in the playoffs this year but I saw a lot of hard play and a very tough schedule that this year's Hawks contested with. We swept our district (who would have predicted this) and this year's team is made up of some very tough, dedicated players.

Wylie beat us twice this year, the last time in a very close, contested OT game.

It is difficult to get through the 5A playoffs each year and I give our kids and coaches a lot of credit getting us there continually year after year since 2002. The 2008 Hawks including the coaches, have no apologies to make on this year's performance, imo.

Dain Bramage
11-30-2008, 05:54 PM
To all the 6-5A thread bloggers I want to apologize.

I was wrong to run down Brazil and didn't want to start an uprising. New to the blog and I wanted to get insightful critique of Hebron's program by some old timers. Thought if I ruffled a few feathers I would get more spontaneous and cogent responses. I like the guy and have nothing against him.

In the words of Rodney King, 'can't we all get along'?.:notworthy

slim
11-30-2008, 08:03 PM
We were getting along fine until you showed up, Doc.

drgnbkr
11-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I know a couple of the schools have a lot of returning players, but Carroll brings back 17 of the 22 starters, with a very strong freshman/Soph group coming up. They were very young by Carroll standards this year. If the Dragons can stay healthy next year you can bet that they will represent 6-5A well.

HebronHawk
12-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Next year the battles in 6-5A should be just as intense as this year.

Hebron will have a couple of this year's Freshman up on Varsity next year, imo. We also have 7 sophs from this year that will probably come up next year. Three of these sophs played this year on Varsity for most of the year.

The Hawks should do well next year.

DrEdward
12-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Next year the battles in 6-5A should be just as intense as this year.

Hebron will have a couple of this year's Freshman up on Varsity next year, imo. We also have 7 sophs from this year that will probably come up next year. Three of these sophs played this year on Varsity for most of the year.

The Hawks should do well next year.

I agree that Hebron looks loaded for next season. The combination of returning players plus what you guys have coming up from this year's JV squad will be a power.

LAHawk
12-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Thank you. :) I think 6-5A lacked the powerhouse state contender like a Trinity, for example, but was full of very good teams making it very competitive and fun from week to week. You could go 4 or 5 deep in 6-5A without much of a dropoff compared to other districts. The Hawks were a special teams play away from staying alive last week but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Among all his other accomplishments, Coach Brazil deserves a lot of credit for this year's rebound from an 0-3 start to winning 6-5A! :notworthy

Good job of summing everything up, HF60. Brazil does deserve some of credit and should be 6-5A coach of the year if he hasn't been named already. The Hawks did not have that one "superstar", but rather a collection of some very talented players. One could argue that this group of Seniors were probably good enough to take the team a little further. But I think the nagging injuries to Staten and Mitchell and not having Darius for the last game was too much to overcome. But this is not a Hebron post-year thread but rather a 6-5A thread, so I'll get back on track.

First off, thanks CC57 for your original post and what you are doing over there.:notworthy Next year, 6-5A should be just as competitive as this year if not more. Again, the top three teams based on returning players will be SC, Hebron, and Marcus, not in any particular order. Throw FM and Coppell in there as well as Lewisville's competitiveness and you have the making of another tough district, top to bottom. Hopefully they don't break it up too much after next year. I've seen some of the Carroll posters say the travel to some of these schools is not as good as going to Grapevine/Colleyville, Keller, etc., but you've got to admit this district is pretty fun.

DrEdward
12-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Good job of summing everything up, HF60. Brazil does deserve some of credit and should be 6-5A coach of the year if he hasn't been named already. The Hawks did not have that one "superstar", but rather a collection of some very talented players. One could argue that this group of Seniors were probably good enough to take the team a little further. But I think the nagging injuries to Staten and Mitchell and not having Darius for the last game was too much to overcome. But this is not a Hebron post-year thread but rather a 6-5A thread, so I'll get back on track.

First off, thanks CC57 for your original post and what you are doing over there.:notworthy Next year, 6-5A should be just as competitive as this year if not more. Again, the top three teams based on returning players will be SC, Hebron, and Marcus, not in any particular order. Throw FM and Coppell in there as well as Lewisville's competitiveness and you have the making of another tough district, top to bottom. Hopefully they don't break it up too much after next year. I've seen some of the Carroll posters say the travel to some of these schools is not as good as going to Grapevine/Colleyville, Keller, etc., but you've got to admit this district is pretty fun.

Not as easy for sure and I had largely forgotten the parking nightmares at Coppell and had never experienced those at Hebron previously. But ease of travel and parking hassles are hardly the same as heading to the schools themselves for solid competition. On that we have no squabble this past season.

drgnbkr
12-01-2008, 10:15 AM

Ia agree, nothing is as good as a high level of competition! It's fun to see the different stadiums and fans.

HebronHawk
12-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Not as easy for sure and I had largely forgotten the parking nightmares at Coppell and had never experienced those at Hebron previously. But ease of travel and parking hassles are hardly the same as heading to the schools themselves for solid competition. On that we have no squabble this past season.

I would have to say that the parking at Hebron was worse for the Plano fans than any of our other opponents because they showed up with a whole bunch of Wildcats for their game with Hebron. I believe that they set a new record for visiting fans.

DrEdward
12-02-2008, 12:10 AM
I would have to say that the parking at Hebron was worse for the Plano fans than any of our other opponents because they showed up with a whole bunch of Wildcats for their game with Hebron. I believe that they set a new record for visiting fans.

I do apologize for the lack of Carroll fans at the game. Eech. The parking itself wasn't bad, getting there as early as I did along with the usual cast of suspects. But getting out of Hebron's lot was indeed a waiting game.

HebronHawk
12-02-2008, 06:24 AM
I do apologize for the lack of Carroll fans at the game. Eech. The parking itself wasn't bad, getting there as early as I did along with the usual cast of suspects. But getting out of Hebron's lot was indeed a waiting game.

The Carrollton Police directing traffic on the visitor side try to keep it moving but that lot dumps out on a two lane country road for the most part.

I guarantee that parking will be worse in a year or two when the 9th grade center gets built in the middle of the home parking and they move that around to accomodate things. Some of the visitor parking will probably move over to Prestonwood for the big games.

SLC
12-02-2008, 08:11 AM

No doubt at all that this ditsrict is far more competitive top to bottom than Carroll has been involved with. It makes every team that much better and playoff ready having to bring your A game every Friday night.. For alot of us, we get there so early it doesnt have a real effect on parking.. The log jam leaving is a different story, but it's that way almost everywhere... It's going to be interesting to see after next season as to what the UIL does to this district, if anything at all.. I'm betting as of right this moment that Carroll will remain for a second term.. And I wouldnt mind that one bit if we did.

SLC
12-02-2008, 08:14 AM

It would have been very interesting to see the Hebron parking and traffic situation if both Carroll and Hebron fans had sold out their seats that night.

SLC
12-02-2008, 08:17 AM
The Carrollton Police directing traffic on the visitor side try to keep it moving but that lot dumps out on a two lane country road for the most part.

I guarantee that parking will be worse in a year or two when the 9th grade center gets built in the middle of the home parking and they move that around to accomodate things. Some of the visitor parking will probably move over to Prestonwood for the big games.

Alot of us early arrivers parked in the home parking area.. It made it easy to and from the parking lot... Just not from the parking lot to the house.

drgnbkr
12-02-2008, 08:43 AM

Had no trouble, other than the Hebron players giving us dirty looks as we had taken their parking spots in front of the field house...Arrive early and prosper.

LAHawk
12-02-2008, 08:54 AM
No doubt at all that this ditsrict is far more competitive top to bottom than Carroll has been involved with. It makes every team that much better and playoff ready having to bring your A game every Friday night.. For alot of us, we get there so early it doesnt have a real effect on parking.. The log jam leaving is a different story, but it's that way almost everywhere... It's going to be interesting to see after next season as to what the UIL does to this district, if anything at all.. I'm betting as of right this moment that Carroll will remain for a second term.. And I wouldnt mind that one bit if we did.

Hopefully we have some good new rivalries in the making. It's good to see SC/Coppell start their's up again and SC/Hebron looks to be another pretty good rivalry starting up.

SLC
12-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Had no trouble, other than the Hebron players giving us dirty looks as we had taken their parking spots in front of the field house...Arrive early and prosper.

Agreed... They were none to appreciative about that.:D

SLC
12-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Hopefully we have some good new rivalries in the making. It's good to see SC/Coppell start their's up again and SC/Hebron looks to be another pretty good rivalry starting up.

I agree... There looks to be some good rivalries a brewing throught the district with Carroll.

LAHawk
12-02-2008, 09:10 AM

I guess that means we should return the favor next year. :D

DrEdward
12-02-2008, 10:40 AM

Sorry, won't work. Our players are bussed to the stadium. But I am sure you would be welcome at the tailgate parties.

LAHawk
12-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Sorry, won't work. Our players are bussed to the stadium. But I am sure you would be welcome at the tailgate parties.

Elitist! :D

CCHS77
12-02-2008, 10:54 AM

I say, direct them to the field house at the senior high and let them have at! (the player's parking spots)

DrEdward
12-02-2008, 10:55 AM

Just hard to drive in cleats. :cool:

SLC13
12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
I say, direct them to the field house at the senior high and let them have at! (the player's parking spots)
and the parking is free!! I think all the Hawk fans should park there for the game.......:D

SLC
12-02-2008, 11:58 AM

Wouldnt work. Dragon stadium has visitor parking right next to the entrance and you certainly wouldnt be able to take the players spots.. We bus em in.

JagFan
12-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Flower Mound will be a tough call. We are losing some big players. Most of the d-line and secondary. You cannot replace a Collin Ashley. Good kids are coming up and we will just have to wait and see how they mix. All of our receivers are gone. I don't know alot about who is coming up and who is moving around into or out of that position. At QB Millard will be a Junior and battle Winfrey a senior for the starting spot. I was impressed with Millard during the Coppell game. He came in and did a good job for a sophmore with no varsity experience in a big game. He did not get rattled.

I would watch Millard #16 at QB, Hunter Lee #2 at RB, Jernigen #36 at LB, Layne #18 at FS, Sumpter #30 at SS. The o-line will be more experienced and bigger. I will not make any predictions after this last year. It just depends on how these kids step up. Can the coaches get them ready for a tough district? Lots of questions. And no answers until next August when it all starts again. A plus for us is that we get both Hebron and Carroll at home this year.

dragonpants
12-02-2008, 12:55 PM

Wow, he is a great coach, I would love to have him and would have no problem with him coaching my kids. I think you are in the minority on this one.

FMHSJaguar
12-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Flower Mound will be a tough call. We are losing some big players. Most of the d-line and secondary. You cannot replace a Collin Ashley. Good kids are coming up and we will just have to wait and see how they mix. All of our receivers are gone. I don't know alot about who is coming up and who is moving around into or out of that position. At QB Millard will be a Junior and battle Winfrey a senior for the starting spot. I was impressed with Millard during the Coppell game. He came in and did a good job for a sophmore with no varsity experience in a big game. He did not get rattled.

I would watch Millard #16 at QB, Hunter Lee #2 at RB, Jernigen #36 at LB, Layne #18 at FS, Sumpter #30 at SS. The o-line will be more experienced and bigger. I will not make any predictions after this last year. It just depends on how these kids step up. Can the coaches get them ready for a tough district? Lots of questions. And no answers until next August when it all starts again. A plus for us is that we get both Hebron and Carroll at home this year.

I'd also be on the lookout for Jay Payne and Jacob Peraza on defense. Offensively our running game should get better and Lee will be utilized more. Clark #14 will be the only reciever next year with starting varsity experience. '09 Should be an interesting year.

JagFan
12-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I'd also be on the lookout for Jay Payne and Jacob Peraza on defense. Offensively our running game should get better and Lee will be utilized more. Clark #14 will be the only reciever next year with starting varsity experience. '09 Should be an interesting year.

I forgot about Peraza and Payne. Now I am not as concerned about defense as I was. If these guys can work as a unit they will be tough. Hopefully one of the new Seniors can step up and be a leader for this group. Lots of talent but we have had that for the last two years and we know how that went. On offense our running game will be outstanding, I am concerned about who besides Clark can step up as receivers.

09 will tell us a lot about the Flower Mound program. I am getting a little tired of waiting for us to break through.

GATORS35
12-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I look for Hebron to win the district again next year, with SLC and Marcus right their pushing Hebron. I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone of the 3 win the district. I think Coppell and FM fight it out for the 4th spot. I really don't know alot about Lewisville but I expect them to be strong defensively.

The top 3 seem to have a lot of returning players and playmakers.

CCHS77
12-03-2008, 02:25 PM
I really don't know alot about Lewisville but I expect them to be strong defensively.

Is Lewisville getting a new coach? (from outside the ISD)

JagFan
12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Is Lewisville getting a new coach? (from outside the ISD)

I have heard that they are looking outside the district but cannot help but wonder if any of the assistants within the district have applied. There a lot of very good oc/dc in this district. Could be interesting. Shouldn't they be rapping up the search pretty soon? Off season has already started:eek:

CCHS77
12-03-2008, 07:54 PM
TOC suggests that Dick Olin is coming to the Farmer's aid.

FarmerFootballPlayer
12-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Coach Wasson told us today before workout that the future should be decided "very soon."

I don't know if that means they've already selected the hire or what. Hope they have though. Being in limbo kind of sucks. I do trust the school board to bring in a quality coach though. LISD has a great track record with coaching hires.

As for players, we've got a lot of youth and experience coming back in the secondary and linebackers. D-line not so much. But we're usually athletic enough to cause problems on the d-line regardless of experience. As for offense, we return two starters on the line, including an all district player in Davanta White, and have some solid senior to be backups and JV players ready to fill the spots. I have confidence in our o-line. Receivers, we return some and they're all good athletes. But the bottom line is can they catch the ball? RB's We've got a couple of quality backs with Deandre Skinner and Theron Holmes. QB is really wide open. I'd give the upper hand to returning letterman Sadlowski. But we've got another senior to be and a junior that will certainly challenge for PT. Hopefully competition brings out the best.

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic. We had about every bad break you can get this year. And while I'm not making excuses, I do think we'll be much improved. Good luck to the rest of the district as well. Only about ten months til kickoff. ;)

FMHSJaguar
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
I forgot about Peraza and Payne. Now I am not as concerned about defense as I was. If these guys can work as a unit they will be tough. Hopefully one of the new Seniors can step up and be a leader for this group. Lots of talent but we have had that for the last two years and we know how that went. On offense our running game will be outstanding, I am concerned about who besides Clark can step up as receivers.

09 will tell us a lot about the Flower Mound program. I am getting a little tired of waiting for us to break through.

Forget to mention...Matt Arend will be shifting to reciever next year :notworthy. So it looks like he and Hunter Miller #13, along with Clark, will lead the recieving corps next year.

FMJags490
12-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Will these new receivers be as consistent as the groups we've seen over the last 4 seasons? If our line is bigger like you guys say, and we can somehow reload at WR, we will have a good shot at the final playoff spot. Millard gave us something to look forward to in that Coppell game.

JagFan
12-04-2008, 06:36 AM
OK I am feeling better about next years team especially Millard. Any chance Winfrey takes it from him? Spring ball could be interesting. Now the big question is can they play as a team and take that playoff spot? We need to take our program to a new level, will this finally be the year?

HebronHawk
12-04-2008, 07:02 AM

The stadium is away from the high school unlike ours which is right on campus. The Carroll fieldhouse is nowhere near the stadium.

Now if we did tailgate outside the fieldhouse, we would need a bus (and a good driver) to get to the game.

There is probably no parking fee outside the Carroll fieldhouse either. :D

farmerdad
12-04-2008, 09:07 AM
The schoolboard is suppose to announce the new Lewisville Coach on Monday at the board meeting.

JagFan
12-04-2008, 09:24 AM
The schoolboard is suppose to announce the new Lewisville Coach on Monday at the board meeting.

Good. Hope it is a good one. :)

slcdragonfan
12-04-2008, 06:13 PM

That means somebody knows and ain't a'talkin'. We need to know before the meeting. Anybody? Anybody?;)

FMJags490
12-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Dick Olin.

JagFan
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Dick Olin.

Does anyone know anything about him?

CCHS77
12-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Does anyone know anything about him?

Baytown Lee coach since 1992. Drew Tate's step father (if you're an Iowa fan) Lewisville fans better be ready for a pass happy offense! One of the founders of the state 7 on 7, I believe.

FarmerFootballPlayer
12-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Baytown Lee coach since 1992. Drew Tate's step father (if you're an Iowa fan) Lewisville fans better be ready for a pass happy offense! One of the founders of the state 7 on 7, I believe.

:Censor: :Censor: :Censor: :Censor:

And I thought I couldn't hate our offense more. :mad: At least I'm a decent pass blocker... But hey, if the offense wins us games my senior year, I'm sure I'll approve of it.

JagFan
12-04-2008, 09:50 PM
:Censor: :Censor: :Censor: :Censor:

And I thought I couldn't hate our offense more. :mad: At least I'm a decent pass blocker... But hey, if the offense wins us games my senior year, I'm sure I'll approve of it.

I hope the new coach works out. Good luck next season and may it be injury free

FarmerFootballPlayer
12-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I hope the new coach works out. Good luck next season and may it be injury free

Thanks a lot. Same to you guys. Hopefully we can play an actual game witth y'all this year ;).

Still wish we could have shifted more towards the run. I really do think it fits us more. But, hey, gotta play the cards you're dealt. And like it said, winning usually stops complaints.

farmerfan
12-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Damnit.
My dream of bringing back The Bone has been defeated. Oh well.
Lets just get that Farmer Pride back and win some football games.

FFP, keep busting your butt this off-season and thats all we can ask. I know you guys will come back next year and continue to give it your all like you di this past year :notworthy

JagFan
12-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks a lot. Same to you guys. Hopefully we can play an actual game witth y'all this year ;).

Still wish we could have shifted more towards the run. I really do think it fits us more. But, hey, gotta play the cards you're dealt. And like it said, winning usually stops complaints.

If he is a good coach you will get to do both. He needs to go where the talents leads him. IMO

Hopefully next years game will not be for who is in last place. I think both teams will be better and look forward to a good game.:)

marcusdrillmom
12-05-2008, 09:31 AM

I think the Farmers will have a much better season next year. Bringing in a new coach is always a good thing. Makes things fresh and exciting again!

farmerdad
12-05-2008, 10:45 AM
I was told by a very good source that the final decision would be made in a closed meeting before the actual board meeting. Then they would announce it at the board meeting. So right now no one knows for sure who it will be. I would also like to see more of a running game, but we will see.

CCHS77
12-05-2008, 11:19 AM
I was told by a very good source that the final decision would be made in a closed meeting before the actual board meeting. Then they would announce it at the board meeting. So right now no one knows for sure who it will be. I would also like to see more of a running game, but we will see.

What's the board's relationship with the Super? Will they "rubberstamp" or will they want a coach that will embrace their tradition of running the ball?

farmerdad
12-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I don't really know for sure, but they all pretty much Lewisville people that have been around a while, so I hope they embrace the Farmer tradition when making this decision.

HebronHawk
12-07-2008, 07:14 AM
I have confirmation from a LISD school board member, the new Lewisville coach is Dick Olin.

panamamyers
12-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Good luck with him.
Olin is a pretty good offensive coach.
More than anything, he's a wonderful developer of quarterbacks.

CoppellCowboy57
12-09-2008, 11:10 PM
I think the Farmers will do alot better this season, they have alot to build off of last years season. They lost some close games.

Off Season Predictions for 2009 (will change as the weeks go bye

1. Southlake (Oh come on, lets face it they can't have three bad years in a row)
2. Hebron (lets face it there good, real good)
3. Coppell (They're returning so meny starters, I cant see why they can't finish third if not at the top)
4. Lewisville (New coach new attitude new era in Farmer Land...<they'll still lose to Coppell tho :)>
5. Flower Mound Marcus (will just miss the play offs, they have a great young team, but 6-5A is always full of surprises)
6. Flower Mound (Odd team out I think, Teams like Southlake, Hebron, Coppell, Marcus, and my dark horse Lewisville could spell trouble.)

Here how I think they'll get there.

Southlake will go 4-1 into the play offs Losing to you guess it Coppell for the second streight year. Wins 6-5A by the blasted point system
Hebron will go 4-1 losing to Southlake.
Coppell will go 4-1 Losing to Hebron
Lewisville will go 2-3 losing to Southlake Hebron and Coppell
Marcus will go 1-4 losing to Lewisville, Coppell, Southlake, and hebron
Flower Mound will go 0-5 Losing to all 6-5A

Wypirates03
12-09-2008, 11:13 PM
I think the Farmers will do alot better this season, they have alot to build off of last years season. They lost some close games.

Off Season Predictions for 2009 (will change as the weeks go bye

3. Coppell (They're returning so meny starters, I cant see why they can't finish third if not at the top)
<they'll still="" lose="" to="" coppell="" tho="">

Traditional 2nd half collapse?
</they'll>

CoppellCowboy57
12-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Well yeah besides that.

LONG LIVE THE CURSE OF THE SPIKE