PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Allen

odessapermian.com
11-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Matt Brown will play, according to head coach Westerburg- http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/leija_2962___article.html/speed_injury.html

Wypirates03
11-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Matt Brown will play, according to head coach Westerburg- http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/leija_2962___article.html/speed_injury.html

That doesn't say he will play.

"
>> FROM THE RUMOR MILL: Speculation has been flying on high school football message boards about the status of Allen quarterback Matt Brown, who received an apparent shoulder injury in the Eagles' win over Coppell on Saturday.
A Dallas Morning News article reported Brown was scheduled to have X-rays on his non-throwing shoulder on Sunday.
And that speculation has Permian fans wondering if Brown will play Friday, but Allen head coach Tom Westerberg didn't acknowledge an injury to his starting quarterback Tuesday.
"He's fine," Westerberg said. "We sat him down because we were up big at the end of the first half.""

Which part of that does imply he will play?

"Tom Westerberg didn't acknowledge an injury to his starting quarterback Tuesday."

Certainly not.

"We sat him down because we were up big at the end of the first half.""

That could be because they don't want to give any more info out about his injury, if he has one.

allendad
11-25-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't see Brown playing.

I believe that Tucker will be doing his thing @ QB.

Ya can only play with those that can suit up.

Wypirates03
11-25-2008, 10:20 PM

I liked what I saw from Tucker... I think he has a lot of potential.

mojoguy
11-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Sounds like gamesmanship to me. I believe we better prepare as if he will be in there.

Wypirates03
11-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Sounds like gamesmanship to me. I believe we better prepare as if he will be in there.

I agree. From what I saw, Tucker was about the same size... if not a bit taller than Matt Brown. Not sure if he's as elusive though.

allendad
11-25-2008, 10:24 PM

I'm sure that Coach "W" won't comment on this because
he does NOT want to give the info to who O.P. should
prepare for.

But . . . . . .

I don't see Matt out there. BUMMER!

da hawaiian
11-25-2008, 10:27 PM
It's tough the injury bug. Especially to such a key player like Brown. Allen is a great team tho, they looked pretty effective running the ball with #3 when they wanted to.

bigdaddydog
11-25-2008, 10:33 PM

I think he plays.

You gotta remember Westerberg is being real foxy like this year. See, I've said it before and daw gone it! The fellow is being downright diabolical. Like the way he sandbagged that Trinity game and you couldn't even hardly tell. Westerberg and that wirey, spunky, smart as a whip coach Fleener.

Dang boy you can smell something cookin up there on the second floor of the Athletic Complex and it ain't that wonderful Mrs. Curtis and Mrs. Calton workin on a batch of cookies!! It's Westerberg and Fleener plotting some kinda diabolical plan.

I'm tellin you the rest of the coaching staff won't even get near them the smell is so pungent.

Whew! I'm gettin kinda woozy just talking about it.

~

allendad
11-25-2008, 10:36 PM
It's tough the injury bug. Especially to such a key player like Brown. Allen is a great team tho, they looked pretty effective running the ball with #3 when they wanted to.

I think this will be quite a test.

Talk about baptism by . . . FIRE!

Tucker will be thrown to the wolves!

But, what a great opportunity for him.
I hope he does well!!!

tjw
11-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I think he plays.

You gotta remember Westerberg is being real foxy like this year. See, I've said it before and daw gone it! The fellow is being downright diabolical. Like the way he sandbagged that Trinity game and you couldn't even hardly tell. Westerberg and that wirey, spunky, smart as a whip coach Fleener.

Dang boy you can smell something cookin up there on the second floor of the Athletic Complex and it ain't that wonderful Mrs. Curtis and Mrs. Calton workin on a batch of cookies!! It's Westerberg and Fleener plotting some kinda diabolical plan.

I'm tellin you the rest of the coaching staff won't even get near them the smell is so pungent.

~

Well I hope you're right as not seen anything for real either way?

da hawaiian
11-25-2008, 10:39 PM
I think he plays.

~

Trinity's own injuries have had an effect as well, but when healthy, our defense held you to 14

allendad
11-25-2008, 10:40 PM
I think he plays.

~

Is that what that was?

I went in to buy some tickets today and I could smell
something too.

There was a certain . . . . . sweetness in the air.

This whole injury
malarchy I'm sure is made up . . . . That's all, made up!

mojo4life
11-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Is that what that was?

I went in to buy some tickets today and I could smell
something too.

There was a certain . . . . . sweetness in the air.

This whole injury
malarchy I'm sure is made up . . . . That's all, made up!

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere ;that mojo's 2,000 yd rusher may have to sit out this game,:mad:;);)

allendad
11-25-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere ;that mojo's 2,000 yd rusher may have to sit out this game,:mad:;);)

Ya see . . . . . .

This injury thing is getting out of hand.;)

Tsup
11-25-2008, 10:49 PM
man if you have a kid as fast as matt brown backing up I give :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy that kids a stud
I agree. From what I saw, Tucker was about the same size... if not a bit taller than Matt Brown. Not sure if he's as elusive though.

Tsup
11-25-2008, 10:51 PM
you sure they dont just have bad gas ?
I think he plays.

~

TrojanMom88
11-25-2008, 11:04 PM
I am just a mom, but I thought the first Article was a little fishy!!

tjw
11-25-2008, 11:05 PM
DMN (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/videopage.html) preview says Brown is not playing Friday? Would be nice to know one way or the other for all fans.

bigdaddydog
11-25-2008, 11:05 PM
you sure they dont just have bad gas ?

That's what the other coaches keep sayin!!!

I would agree but I have seen some of that diabolical first hand.

It comes down to execution. Lord knows there are going to be three of them at TS come Friday. We will just have to wait to see who the executioners are.

~

Tsup
11-25-2008, 11:12 PM
well said :notworthy
That's what the other coaches keep sayin!!!

I would agree but I have seen some of that diabolical first hand.

It comes down to execution. Lord knows there are going to be three of them at TS come Friday. We will just have to wait to see who the executioners are.

~

THSBandDad
11-25-2008, 11:18 PM
I think he plays.

~

I think I need to go back and look at that game again. And, re-read all of the Allen folks' post-game comments on this website. :D I seem to recall the Allen QB having toubles most of that game and some of the Allen fans throwing him under the bus.

Or, I guess the coach just put it all in his hands to sandbag Trinity. :rolleyes:

bigdaddydog
11-25-2008, 11:20 PM
I think I need to go back and look at that game again. And, re-read all of the Allen folks' post-game comments on this website. :D I seem to recall the Allen QB having toubles most of that game and some of the Allen fans throwing him under the bus.

Or, I guess the coach just put it all in his hands to sandbag Trinity. :rolleyes:

Diabolical!! ;)

~

allendad
11-25-2008, 11:24 PM

I was one of those commenting on how poorly Matt played in that game.

He is NOT the same QB NOW that he was in the ET game.

He has grown quite a bit. I think he has grown into his "pads" so to speak.
A rematch would have been a sight to see, alas . . . . . .

Maybe you'll get to witness "Brown-Lite".;)

tjw
11-25-2008, 11:27 PM

You're correct there were some Allen fans ready to through him under the bus or to bench Matt for his play with the INT's as was the major difference in the game. Once he could have thrown it out of the back of endzone instead trying to force it in between two Trinity defenders and got picked off. Trinity won the game either way.

I thought TSUP summed it up best that both coaches were holding back knowing a possibility of a rematch in the playoffs. If you check the preseason picks it had that set at round 2 but since we verily beat Plano with all their starters out of the game and only had 11 players who were forced to play both offense and defense it switched Allen and Plano around in the playoffs.

jbusch
11-25-2008, 11:32 PM
I was one of those commenting on how poorly Matt played in that game.

He is NOT the same QB NOW that he was in the ET game.

He has grown quite a bit. I think he has grown into his "pads" so to speak.
A rematch would have been a sight to see, alas . . . . . .

Maybe you'll get to witness "Brown-Lite".;) ET has not progressed one bit since the Allen game

allendad
11-25-2008, 11:41 PM
ET has not progressed one bit since the Allen game

I'm sorry to hear that.

Maybe the 5 days of practice this week will
help y'all out some.

:rolleyes:

BlackAttack
11-25-2008, 11:42 PM
It will be interesting to see how the back up qb does with one less day to prepare for the biggest game of his life (so far anyway). personally, I think the Allen coach is crawdadding. I bet the starter plays.

bigdaddydog
11-25-2008, 11:44 PM
You're correct there were some Allen fans ready to through him under the bus or to bench Matt for his play with the INT's as was the major difference in the game. Once he could have thrown it out of the back of endzone instead trying to force it in between two Trinity defenders and got picked off. Trinity won the game either way.

I thought TSUP summed it up best that both coaches were holding back knowing a possibility of a rematch in the playoffs. If you check the preseason picks it had that set at round 2 but since we verily beat Plano with all their starters out of the game and only had 11 players who were forced to play both offense and defense it switched Allen and Plano around in the playoffs.

No man you got it all wrong!! Bradley was mugged in the endzone. If the Ref wasn't blind we would have gotten the called pass interference, scored and only come up three points short!!

If only eagleone would post again I am sure he would have some bright cheery things to say about our team!

Bwwaaaa!!

~

allendad
11-25-2008, 11:48 PM
No man you got it all wrong!! Bradley was mugged in the endzone. If the Ref wasn't blind we would have gotten the called pass interference, scored and only come up three points short!!

If only eagleone would post again I am sure he would have some bright cheery things to say about our team!

Bwwaaaa!!

~

Bradley got run over by a "Trojan Horse" in the endzone!:D

bigdaddydog
11-25-2008, 11:49 PM
It will be interesting to see how the back up qb does with one less day to prepare for the biggest game of his life (so far anyway). personally, I think the Allen coach is crawdadding. I bet the starter plays.

Hmmm. Crawdadding. You think he's using bacon fer bait? I hear you can catch some big ones with a hunk of bacon!

~

BlackAttack
11-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Hmmm. Crawdadding. You think he's using bacon fer bait? I hear you can catch some big ones with a hunk of bacon!

~

It almost sounds like a desperation move or something.

bigdaddydog
11-26-2008, 12:19 AM
It almost sounds like a desperation move or something.

Nope, nothing desperate about bacon fishing. It's one of those relaxing things you do for fun!

~

MOJOSS
11-26-2008, 12:24 AM
I wish this damn thanksgiving would hurry up and get here so we can play some football... damn holidays get in the way!

GO MOJO

MOJOLonghorn
11-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Nope, nothing desperate about bacon fishing. It's one of those relaxing things you do for fun!

~

And if you don't catch anything, you eat the left over bacon.. kinda' like trotlining with shrimp!:)

BackNBlack97
11-26-2008, 02:46 AM
I wish this damn thanksgiving would hurry up and get here so we can play some football... damn holidays get in the way!

GO MOJO

noooooo it needs to take its time... I was of the same opinion as you til i got sick but now I want time to get well so i can make the trip! :eek:

allendad
11-26-2008, 07:26 AM
noooooo it needs to take its time... I was of the same opinion as you til i got sick but now I want time to get well so i can make the trip! :eek:

Add the "down in bed time" . . . . . plus the 6 hour drive time . . . . . .

You should be o.k. by the time you get here.:eek:

Make the trip!

The pilgrimage to the Shrine of the Texas Stadium could
result in a miraculous cure!:notworthy

We'll prop you up against a wall or something!

Hope you feel better.

BackNBlack97
11-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Add the "down in bed time" . . . . . plus the 6 hour drive time . . . . . .

You should be o.k. by the time you get here.:eek:

Make the trip!

The pilgrimage to the Shrine of the Texas Stadium could
result in a miraculous cure!:notworthy

We'll prop you up against a wall or something!

Hope you feel better.

Thanks, and I think I'm gonna make that miraculous cure... it seems like it's a 24 hour bug... :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

allendad
11-26-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks, and I think I'm gonna make that miraculous cure... it seems like it's a 24 hour bug... :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Lots of fluids baby, lots of fluids!

Have a safe trip.

(Oh yeah, don't eat the nachos . . . . .
they WILL kill you!):D

BackNBlack97
11-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Lots of fluids baby, lots of fluids!

Have a safe trip.

(Oh yeah, don't eat the nachos . . . . .
they WILL kill you!):D

Trust me, I know... I ate them at the cowboys game I went to earlier this season... The pizza is worse! /gag

jbusch
11-26-2008, 08:16 AM

Bwwaaaa!!

~ allen was off-side on the play and it was never called:D

bigdaddydog
11-26-2008, 09:43 AM
allen was off-side on the play and it was never called:D

See that's what I'm talking about!! in homage to the refs i'm changing my Avatar.

~

trojanbacker
11-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah, and there was that play where Samir's forward progress was stopped and they didn't whistle.....oh wait....that was last year's Plano game. My bad.

NorthTexUmp
11-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm sure that Coach "W" won't comment on this because
he does NOT want to give the info to who O.P. should
prepare for.

But . . . . . .

I don't see Matt out there. BUMMER!

does it even make a difference ... OP will prepare for Allen & what they will run, not for a specific QB

trojanbacker
11-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah, you're right about how they will prepare. My only point has been that you can't lose your leading rusher and say there's no drop off between him and his backup, especially when the backup is not known as a dangerous runner.

mojoman21
11-26-2008, 10:35 AM
allen is going to good with or without there qb. there runningback and recievers are all good.

Coach J
11-26-2008, 10:53 AM
allen is going to good with or without there qb. there runningback and recievers are all good.

Allen is good but not the same team without their starting QB. He is hurt and will not play.

TheDarkSide15
11-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I'll believe him being hurt when I walk into the stadium and see him in a sling... and no pads on.

I just have a hard time believing it....

Wypirates03
11-26-2008, 12:09 PM
I'll believe him being hurt when I walk into the stadium and see him in a sling... and no pads on.

I just have a hard time believing it....

He was in a sling and had his jersey off at the end of the game last week.

TheDarkSide15
11-26-2008, 12:10 PM
This week....

that game was over quick.... so, no need to even have him in...

KattTx
11-26-2008, 12:33 PM

I agree that Allen is more than one player and will respond very well to any change in their starting lineup. Good teams may have a small fall off at the loss of one player. But it would take an injury to several key players to completely derail the team, imho.

HSFootball#1
11-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Dave Campbells has a good write up on this: Link (http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=33&url_article_id=2221&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

THSBandDad
11-26-2008, 12:52 PM
I agree that Allen is more than one player and will respond very well to any change in their starting lineup. Good teams may have a small fall off at the loss of one player. But it would take an injury to several key players to completely derail the team, imho.

Tell that to Abilene. :D

MOJOSS
11-26-2008, 01:03 PM

Thats right!

odessapermian.com
11-26-2008, 01:55 PM
He was in a sling and had his jersey off at the end of the game last week.

One of our players was at the game sitting with Allen kids, flirting with the girls, etc. When it happened, some of the kids went down to find out what they could. They came back saying he had probably broken his collarbone, so...... If this whole thing has been subterfuge and Brown is not hurt, I have to take my hat off to the Allen community- y'all know how to carry out a conspiracy. :notworthy

statguy
11-26-2008, 01:59 PM
man if you have a kid as fast as matt brown backing up I give :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy that kids a stud

I dont think they will be running up the score this week, losing Brown will hurt. But Tucker has to be good, afterall its a one HS town, lots of athletes to choose from ;)

slcdragonfan
11-26-2008, 02:01 PM

...and 2007 SLC.
...and 2006 Allen.

Coach J
11-26-2008, 02:14 PM
...and 2007 SLC.
...and 2006 Allen.

Yep, I totally agree....

If a "key" player is hurt, it certainly hurts the team. However, when you are a passing team and your QB gets hurt, you put 9 guys in the box and dare him to throw. You can't run, so you have to pass. If you don't have the experience and you put a lot of pressure with 9 guys, you probably aren't going to be very successful passing. Oh boy, it was a good season, maybe next year....

KattTx
11-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Okay.. haha. Good points. :o

But they - Allen specifically - sound like a solid team with a promising back up for that one position. So, I suspect they will come to play at close to the same level.

MOJO94
11-26-2008, 04:51 PM
From what I have seen on the video clips Allen has some great players along with a very good O line. If this backup QB has the talent that the Allen posters say, then this will still be a coin flip IMO. These two teams are alot alike, also IMO. I will also say no matter who starts for Allen if the panthers can not get a pass rush they will have a long day and a sad drive home.

hollywood
11-26-2008, 05:02 PM
DMN Allen Team Stats (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?propertyId=1&sportId=3&schoolId=441&infoType=teamStats)

AllenEagles15
11-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Yep, I totally agree....

If a "key" player is hurt, it certainly hurts the team. However, when you are a passing team and your QB gets hurt, you put 9 guys in the box and dare him to throw. You can't run, so you have to pass. If you don't have the experience and you put a lot of pressure with 9 guys, you probably aren't going to be very successful passing. Oh boy, it was a good season, maybe next year....

We will be fine, Tucker can beat anyone with the pass better than Matt probably could. We still have a running threat in Williams who went for over 200 yards and 4 TD's last week. Eazy had 2 TD catches last week. Don't doubt it, Tucker is very capable of doing the job.

ASH1157
11-26-2008, 08:22 PM
We will be fine, Tucker can beat anyone with the pass better than Matt probably could. We still have a running threat in Williams who went for over 200 yards and 4 TD's last week. Eazy had 2 TD catches last week. Don't doubt it, Tucker is very capable of doing the job.

Don't forget....#89 has been pretty quiet these last couple of games, too. I'm looking for a breakout performance from him. He's made some amazing catches this year, so here's hoping #11 can get the ball to him a few times (preferably in the end zone).

Tsup
11-26-2008, 08:30 PM
the only one they had that ran against us was brown and most of his yards were scrambles he he just took off. That boy is a man amoung kids and it will be very very different without his legs on the field. Allen is not a dsicplined running team, Brown got his yards sending his recievers down field then makong the d line look like there stuck in the sand

bigdaddydog
11-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Don't forget....#89 has been pretty quiet these last couple of games, too. I'm looking for a breakout performance from him. He's made some amazing catches this year, so here's hoping #11 can get the ball to him a few times (preferably in the end zone).

We just have too many weapons in the arsenal to use them all. Crying shame I say. :D

Permian Will throw the kitchen sink at us and regardless of the outcome things will be fine. The best team will have won. Just no more injuries on either side please.

One of our teams will have a rough game coming up next week and will need all the boys healthy.

~

Tsup
11-26-2008, 08:46 PM
:notworthy:):notworthy
We just have too many weapons in the arsenal to use them all. Crying shame I say. :D

Permian Will throw the kitchen sink at us and regardless of the outcome things will be fine. The best team will have won. Just no more injuries on either side please.

One of our teams will have a rough game coming up next week and will need all the boys healthy.

~

alleneaglefan07
11-26-2008, 10:05 PM
lol so we all think because matt was in a sling last week it wasnt more for roleplay and precatuion than a real injury. i think it was just a stinger and that he will play. our training staff keeps all our players (especailly our good ones) in pretty good shape. i think its just a setup. and he will play. but i could be wrong :rolleyes:

eaglelb2739
11-26-2008, 11:21 PM
delete

eaglelb2739
11-26-2008, 11:23 PM
it is the 20th anniversary of the permian loss to carter. maybe its a sign. permian losses to another carter :D
go Allen!
cant wait to see mojo never seen them in person.
good luck to both teams

MOJO94
11-27-2008, 12:13 AM

~Permian has many weapons on the O as well. The D on the other hand does not have a complete stand out....they play well as a team. Can they shut Allen down? I think not. With the O for Permian clicking, then D just has to make a few big stops...... we will see on Friday if they can.

Shoot2thrill
11-27-2008, 04:43 AM
Dave Campbells has a good write up on this: Link (http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=33&url_article_id=2221&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

That was a good write up?:rolleyes:

HSFootball#1
11-27-2008, 11:12 AM
That was a good write up?:rolleyes:

Someone ask about what to expect with starting QB out for Allen and get normal response from you. All I have to say is How about those Eagles! 10-1 and done. :D

Now I know why they call it Turkey day.:p

THSHarmonyDad
11-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Someone ask about what to expect with starting QB out for Allen and get normal response from you. All I have to say is How about those Eagles! 10-1 and done. :D

Now I know why they call it Turkey day.:p

Have not seen either Allen or Permian play. With a healthy Brown Allen should win, maybe easily. Permian is an unknown. Great record, margin of victory very impressive, but strength of schedule is questionable. Allen has played the best Texas can offer, and has peaked for the playoffs. Hopefully, Brown is healthy. In that case the real best team would have to go through Trinity to win the state champoionship. Don't care which team wins, just don't want any what if's? after all is done.