PDA

View Full Version : America's going to Collapse and breakup

farmerfan
11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Per a Russian Political analyst.

I must admit, I'm not as informed on these issues as I wish to be.

Please discuss.

Firebird, it would be interesting to read your prespective on this.

http://drudgereport.com/flashrur.htm

Pinion
11-25-2008, 09:01 PM
He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

That was my favorite part. What a dickhead. I'd like to see this hoser come to the U.S. spouting that crap out.

Interesting stuff though Farmer. Looks like the vultures are lining up. I say bring 'em. When the dust settles, there'll be Texans and rednecks left standing and the East/West coasts can go screw themselves.

jtk1519
11-25-2008, 09:02 PM
I got dibs on Maine. We can't let the godless Canadians invade.

farmerfan
11-25-2008, 09:06 PM

Can we let them have Florida?

That way the Dawgs and their fans can sleep better at night knowing they will no longer be B*tches

jtk1519
11-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Can we let them have Florida?

That way the Dawgs and their fans can sleep better at night knowing they will no longer be B*tches

Florida is safe. Georgians are too stupid to invade leaving just Cuba to the South, but more than half of them would drown before they could hit the Keys. There are enough swamp-dwelling rednecks to fend off the rest.

mad_fan
11-25-2008, 09:10 PM

Quebec goes with Maine...you lose...

jtk1519
11-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Quebec goes with Maine...you lose...

Quebec = French = Easy win. Hell, I'll invade and take half of Nova Scotia.

farmerfan
11-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Florida is safe. Georgians are too stupid to invade leaving just Cuba to the South, but more than half of them would drown before they could hit the Keys. There are enough swamp-dwelling rednecks to fend off the rest.

They wouldn't drown, that swoop haircut they all have would be enough to keep them afloat

jtk1519
11-25-2008, 09:14 PM
They wouldn't drown, that swoop haircut they all have would be enough to keep them afloat

Give one redneck an AK-47 and a cigarette boat and I promise you, not one Cuban will set foot on Florida soil.

mad_fan
11-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Quebec = French welfare economy...I'm f:Censor:ed...

farmerfan
11-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Give one redneck an AK-47 and a cigarette boat and I promise you, not one Cuban will set foot on Florida soil.

Well what does a Dawg have to do to get rid of Florida then?

:mad:

mad_fan
11-25-2008, 09:16 PM
I'll invade and take half of Nova Scotia.

Why not just ask for it???

jtk1519
11-25-2008, 09:17 PM

You can start with fielding a competent football team.

mad_fan
11-25-2008, 09:19 PM

I was getting ready to deploy some of lonnys fat a$$ san antonians for the same reason...

Favpack
11-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I'll speak Russian before I live in Oklahoma.

farmerfan
11-25-2008, 09:21 PM
You can start with fielding a competent football team.

Aint going to happen with Bobo calling the offense and after watching the Auburn game Richt better get his head out of his ***. 7 personal foul penalties which could have been 9 had Auburn not declined 2 of them was ridiculous.

:Censor::Censor:

mad_fan

Sell it...
Hugo Chavez would drill that b:Censor:ch...

jtk1519
Why not just ask for it???

Step 1: Take Nova Scotia
Step 2: Use Nova Scotia to take the St. Lawrence River, thus cutting off all Eastern trade routes
Step 3: Cripple the country, invade and claim all of Canada
Step 4: Take the 5% of the country that doesn't suck and make money off of resorts
Step 5: Take the remaining 95%, take all the natural resources and use it for a penal colony

twcpfan1
11-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Quebec = French = Easy win. Hell, I'll invade and take half of Nova Scotia.

quebec is the most attractive province in canada as far as its female citizens are concerned.

mad_fan
11-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Step 1: Take Nova Scotia
Step 2: Use Nova Scotia to take the St. Lawrence River, thus cutting off all Eastern trade routes
Step 3: Cripple the country, invade and claim all of Canada
Step 4: Take the 5% of the country that doesn't suck and make money off of resorts
Step 5: Take the remaining 95%, take all the natural resources and use it for a penal colony

in my best cartman voice....
hahaha...jtk posted penal colony...:D

rocketgrl94
11-25-2008, 09:47 PM

PINION??:p

jtk1519
11-25-2008, 09:50 PM
We will entertain offers for California though.

jtk1519
11-25-2008, 09:56 PM
quebec is the most attractive province in canada as far as its female citizens are concerned.

I take it you have never been to BC.

DragonBand06
11-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's bad*** that some Russian dude predicted Texas would be it's own country? I mean, obviously, nobody wants to see the breakup of the US, but if it happened, we are teh ****. :cool:

twcpfan1
11-25-2008, 09:59 PM
I take it you have never been to BC.

Been to both.

As well as Alberta and Ontario. BC would probably be the least attractive (peoplewise) of all the places I visited. That was between 1984 - 1991 though. Things might have changed.

mad_fan
11-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's bad*** that some Russian dude predicted Texas would be it's own country? I mean, obviously, nobody wants to see the breakup of the US, but if it happened, we are teh ****. :cool:

Yep...aggy would be like the number 10 or 11 team in THE COUNTRY...:notworthy

farmerfan
11-25-2008, 10:00 PM

I found that part interesting too.
If that were to hold up, we better lock the borders down, with the way the Texas economy preforms compared to the rest of the country, people would be flocking to get here as fast as they could.

Firebird
11-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Per a Russian Political analyst.

I must admit, I'm not as informed on these issues as I wish to be.

Please discuss.

Firebird, it would be interesting to read your prespective on this.

http://drudgereport.com/flashrur.htm

You need to take a lot of what this guy says with a grain of salt, especially as he is not very up to speed and accurate with his assessment of internal U.S. politics. (Independence movements gaining popularity in Texas? Really? Get off the chat rooms kthxbai:rolleyes:)

But there are some grains of truth to his analysis. No one knows how the current financial crisis and meltdown will ultimately play out, but the U.S. will almost assuredly not be the one nation calling all the shots after all the dust has settled. The "Washington Consensus" in terms of economic/political reform is all but finished around the world as developing nations are preferring to look at other models, particularly China's spectacular growth while maintaining tight political control. And the U.S. has some enormous hurdles to clear. That foreign debt is real, as is our national debt. We have some challenging demographic issues which will almost certainly force us to take stock of our priorities and make difficult choices on what we want to spend money on.

For what it's worth, this is not something that only wild eyed foreigners are saying. The National Intelligence Council released its premier document for long range analysis, Global Trends 2025 and it also predicts a world where the U.S. is no longer the unquestioned global leader but rather a very powerful nation among several other powerful nations. You may read a draft of it at their website, it has been making headlines all over the world, though oddly enough, not here.

His thoughts on US collapse, as I said, need to be taken with a grain of salt. However, I would point out that this man is a sixty year old Russian political scientist. That means that he has been alive and well and working during the long decline, fall, and ultimate collapse and breakup of a superpower that nearly everyone in the world thought would be a nigh permanent feature of the global landscape. Believe me, all the geniuses who point out the fatal flaws of the USSR today were not so smart in the early 70s or even 80s. So one would think that a person like that might know a bit about the types of things that lead to state failure and breakup. Of course, we all know he hates us 'cause he's Russian, so he must be full of crap, right? Right?

jtk1519
11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
You need to take a lot of what this guy says with a grain of salt, especially as he is not very up to speed and accurate with his assessment of internal U.S. politics. (Independence movements gaining popularity in Texas? Really? Get off the chat rooms kthxbai:rolleyes:)

But there are some grains of truth to his analysis. No one knows how the current financial crisis and meltdown will ultimately play out, but the U.S. will almost assuredly not be the one nation calling all the shots after all the dust has settled. The "Washington Consensus" in terms of economic/political reform is all but finished around the world as developing nations are preferring to look at other models, particularly China's spectacular growth while maintaining tight political control. And the U.S. has some enormous hurdles to clear. That foreign debt is real, as is our national debt. We have some challenging demographic issues which will almost certainly force us to take stock of our priorities and make difficult choices on what we want to spend money on.

For what it's worth, this is not something that only wild eyed foreigners are saying. The National Intelligence Council released its premier document for long range analysis, Global Trends 2025 and it also predicts a world where the U.S. is no longer the unquestioned global leader but rather a very powerful nation among several other powerful nations. You may read a draft of it at their website, it has been making headlines all over the world, though oddly enough, not here.

His thoughts on US collapse, as I said, need to be taken with a grain of salt. However, I would point out that this man is a sixty year old Russian political scientist. That means that he has been alive and well and working during the long decline, fall, and ultimate collapse and breakup of a superpower that nearly everyone in the world thought would be a nigh permanent feature of the global landscape. Believe me, all the geniuses who point out the fatal flaws of the USSR today were not so smart in the early 70s or even 80s. So one would think that a person like that might know a bit about the types of things that lead to state failure and breakup. Of course, we all know he hates us 'cause he's Russian, so he must be full of crap, right? Right?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/familyguy/images//1/1e/Buzz_(150_x_255).jpg

CKE
11-25-2008, 11:00 PM
the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise

He must have been on 5atexasfootball and saw my avatar :D

HebronHawk
11-26-2008, 05:58 AM

Why don't you just annex Florida as part of Georgia. Then you can all be Dawgs. No more Gators. :D

HebronHawk
11-26-2008, 06:01 AM

I think our decline and collapse is occurring and can be laid at the feet of our collective decline in morals and work ethic which started in the 1960's.

slorch
11-26-2008, 06:42 AM
I knew this was going to happen when they quit putting coffee in one-pound cans...:rolleyes:

jtk1519
11-26-2008, 07:18 AM
Why don't you just annex Florida as part of Georgia. Then you can all be Dawgs. No more Gators. :D

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/die_in_a_fire.jpg

okt0ber
11-26-2008, 07:20 AM
That was my favorite part. What a dickhead. I'd like to see this hoser come to the U.S. spouting that crap out.

Interesting stuff though Farmer. Looks like the vultures are lining up. I say bring 'em. When the dust settles, there'll be Texans and rednecks left standing and the East/West coasts can go screw themselves.

:rolleyes:

Because those people are so educated to be able to run a country. God help us if the rednecks are put in charge of Texas. I don't even think Rick Perry is a redneck and he doesn't do much.

AFBroGermany
11-26-2008, 07:53 AM
I wonder if he realizes that if the US economy fails, the global economy will go down with it. Just look at recent events. The US DOW dropped a little and all the asian and european markets almost collapsed. Other countries will lend us money before we collapse.

RedRage00
11-26-2008, 08:17 AM

Because those people are so educated to be able to run a country. God help us if the rednecks are put in charge of Texas. I don't even think Rick Perry is a redneck and he doesn't do much.

:laugh

pied
11-26-2008, 08:20 AM
I think our decline and collapse is occurring and can be laid at the feet of our collective decline in morals and work ethic which started in the 1960's.

Curious how you come to that conclusion. From Leave it to Beaver re-runs?

Our moral history is not as righteous as many would like to believe.

Go back 100 years, see if you could get a lady of the night? Legally in many cases. Drinking and drugging have been constant companions for a long time. Remember all those tonics sold in the late 1800's? Why do you think some wanted Prohibition?

KatyTigerDad0407
11-26-2008, 10:21 AM
I knew this was going to happen when they quit putting coffee in one-pound cans...:rolleyes:I knew this was going to happen when they started putting 4 teams in the playoffs:D

Pinion
11-26-2008, 01:05 PM
PINION??:p

Loaded and waiting. :D

Pinion
11-26-2008, 01:08 PM

Amusing.

Thank you for generalizing a whole mass of people. Your ignorance shows with that type of statement. "Those people" are educated enough to make most of what makes America America function. Maybe all the rednecks that are putting food on your plate will stop and let you do it for yourself.
Please try and refrain from making such a jackass statement.

Firebird
11-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Amusing.

Thank you for generalizing a whole mass of people. Your ignorance shows with that type of statement. "Those people" are educated enough to make most of what makes America America function. Maybe all the rednecks that are putting food on your plate will stop and let you do it for yourself.
Please try and refrain from making such a jackass statement.

Unless you can eat primered Z-28s and Trans Ams up on blocks in the front yard, rednecks are not raising anything that goes on my plate.

jakerz
11-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Unless you can eat primered Z-28s and Trans Ams up on blocks in the front yard, rednecks are not raising anything that goes on my plate.

+1

Winnar.

Pinion
11-26-2008, 03:02 PM

ok sure. yeah. you're right. :rolleyes:

Firebird
11-26-2008, 03:06 PM
ok sure. yeah. you're right. :rolleyes:

You're right, I forgot to mention El Caminos and 1989 5.0 Mustangs.;)

fbstangman
11-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Farmer Fan, I find it ironic that you would fend of the Cubans with an AK-47. That is a Russian designed machine gun. Why not use a Browning. It is made here.:rolleyes:

fbstangman
11-26-2008, 03:33 PM
The USA has been through much tougher times then this...1861, 1929, just to name two. The Russians are just hoping.
I will admit the last 8 years have been a pain.
With a president named Bush and a VP named Dick, somebody(middle class) was going to get screwed.

It will get better.

Pinion
11-26-2008, 03:45 PM
The USA has been through much tougher times then this...1861, 1929, just to name two. The Russians are just hoping.
I will admit the last 8 years have been a pain.
With a president named Bush and a VP named Dick, somebody(middle class) was going to get screwed.
It will get better.

I hear that a lot. but I dont know anyone in middle class that's gotten screwed. I'm middle class and I've done better since Bush has been in the White House. Not to say that he had anything to do with that, but he certainly didnt do anything that hurt me either.

as far as it getting better, I guess time will tell on that one.

fbstangman
11-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Lets see, our dollar is devalued since Bush, our unemployment is up since Bush. Somebody(middle class) will eventually have to pay for this war(at 2 billion a week)
We can hardly pay the interest on the loans we have from China(of all places). 46 million workers, not free-loaders, but workers, don't have a medical plan. After WW2 most jobs offered some form of medical. But some smart business man thought of the word,"sub- contracting" and the job owner no longer took an active part in the health of the worker , who was helping his company run. I know that's not Bush's deal, but he favors CEO's and business owners. Even the ones who claim a Carribean island as their address, so they avoid taxes. If you are not seeing it , perhaps you ain't lookin.

Pinion
11-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Lets see, our dollar is devalued since Bush, our unemployment is up since Bush. Somebody(middle class) will eventually have to pay for this war(at 2 billion a week)
We can hardly pay the interest on the loans we have from China(of all places). 46 million workers, not free-loaders, but workers, don't have a medical plan. After WW2 most jobs offered some form of medical. But some smart business man thought of the word,"sub- contracting" and the job owner no longer took an active part in the health of the worker , who was helping his company run. I know that's not Bush's deal, but he favors CEO's and business owners. Even the ones who claim a Carribean island as their address, so they avoid taxes. If you are not seeing it , perhaps you ain't lookin.

I'm not saying none of that's happening. I'm just saying that it's not affecting me or anyone that I know.

It's easy to blame Bush for all these problems. and Liberals have made an art out of blaming Bush so, hearing it all the time is nothing new and I find it rather amusing.

fbstangman
11-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Harry Truman, who was from Missouri, and by today's standard would definitely not be called a liberal, had a sign on his desk, that said"The buck stops here." Meaning the president takes blame for what happens under his watch.
So like it or not Bush will be blamed for the deficit. And for many other things. Just like President Johnson was blamed for Viet Nam. Bush's time in office will not be looked at in a good light. His dad was much better.

twcpfan1
11-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Farmer Fan, I find it ironic that you would fend of the Cubans with an AK-47. That is a Russian designed machine gun. Why not use a Browning. It is made here.:rolleyes:

I thought the Brownings were made in Belgium

Pinion
11-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Harry Truman, who was from Missouri, and by today's standard would definitely not be called a liberal, had a sign on his desk, that said"The buck stops here." Meaning the president takes blame for what happens under his watch.
So like it or not Bush will be blamed for the deficit. And for many other things. Just like President Johnson was blamed for Viet Nam. Bush's time in office will not be looked at in a good light. His dad was much better.

I can agree with that part.

It's not so much a matter of like it or not. I mean, I dont care for Bush that much anyway. I just find it silly to blame everything from gas prices to Katrina on Bush. It's absurd.

fbstangman
11-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey TWCP Fan,
You are right. I had to google Browning to find, that they are made in the U.S., Belgium, and Italy. But I do know John Browning invented the first Browning machine gun here.
Maybe I should have said a Colt M4. If Colts are not made here anymore I'll be disappointed.

BDB
11-26-2008, 08:30 PM

Go back 100 years, see if you could get a lady of the night? Legally in many cases. Drinking and drugging have been constant companions for a long time. Remember all those tonics sold in the late 1800's? Why do you think some wanted Prohibition?

facial

fbstangman
11-26-2008, 09:04 PM
I had an English prof. tell me that if you want to know where America stands in the world, look at where Great Britian(England) was 100 years ago. In the mid 1800's Britian had ownership of 70% of the worlds ports. They controlled them with gunships. By the beginning of the 20th century they had lost control of most of those ports. They never had control of the interior of most of those countries, just the ports. I believe England is the country that designated the modern boundaries of Iraq. They were heavily involved in the middle east at the time of WW1. 1914.
My point is that England lost status in the world, but still was a very powerful country.
We may not be the only big dog on the block in the coming century, but we will be a major player.
I see China as the next really big dog. (if they aren't already) We owe them a lot of money.

HebronHawk
11-27-2008, 08:06 AM

That stuff is always around, you are correct. But was it enjoyed by a minority of the people or a majority of the people?

dragonsdaddy
11-27-2008, 09:30 AM
I thought the Brownings were made in Belgium

the best(read superposed) were. most are now made in utah.

GoOwls
11-27-2008, 09:35 AM

I have Kalishnikov's autograph.......no joke.....;)

BDB
11-28-2008, 12:42 AM
That stuff is always around, you are correct. But was it enjoyed by a minority of the people or a majority of the people?

no, the question is "were people hiding it, or were they outspoken?"

that first question is "majority, in shadows".