PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Ridge vs. Copperas Cove

Pages : 1 [2]

DawgDave
11-26-2008, 06:34 AM
Common opponents?
Couldn't find any, but the closest I could come was Round Rock.
Cy Ridge beat Round Rock in round 1, 26-22.
Round Rock lost to Round Rock Stony Point during the regular season 28-13.
Round Rock Stony Point lost to Waco during pre-district 9-3.
Cove blasted Waco 41-20.
I realize this isn't really an accurate comparison, but worth thinking about.

smw358
11-26-2008, 06:49 AM
Common opponents?
Cove blasted Waco 41-20.

And your point is?

DawgDave
11-26-2008, 07:15 AM
And your point is?
Cove will win!!

smw358
11-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Cove will win!!

Should Cy Ridge bother to show up? :eek: Maybe because your
so good at predicting stuff....what's the winnin lotto numbers this week?:confused: Better yet....when is the second coming?
It amazes me how some folks think that by stating this junk that
it would have an effect. The effect it has sir is more resolve to
is to make ya'll look silly! :D

covedawgfan
11-26-2008, 07:58 AM
so good at predicting stuff....what's the winnin lotto numbers this week?:confused: Better yet....when is the second coming?

I don't think DaveDawg needs my support so I won't respond to defend his comment, he can do that on his own. But what I find interesting is that both sides of the fan base (Cy Ridge and Copperas Cove) are making predicitons about the outcome of this game, and that is exactly what they are predicitons, they don't carry any weight just fans expressing their desire for their team to win. There is no disrespect in a prediction, just pride in a team. Therefore if one team gets resolve about a prediction from the opposing fan base, then the other team also gets resolve from predicitons and posts from the other's fan base, it is a two way street. High School football sure in fun and the game is played on the field not on Texas 5A website. Its Wednesday, but Friday is coming, Go Dawgs, Get TUIT!

smw358
11-26-2008, 08:04 AM
I don't think DaveDawg needs my support so I won't respond to defend his comment, he can do that on his own. But what I find interesting is that both sides of the fan base (Cy Ridge and Copperas Cove) are making predicitons about the outcome of this game, and that is exactly what they are predicitons, they don't carry any weight just fans expressing their desire for their team to win. There is no disrespect in a prediction, just pride in a team. Therefore if one team gets resolve about a prediction from the opposing fan base, then the other team also gets resolve from predicitons and posts from the other's fan base, it is a two way street. High School football sure in fun and the game is played on the field not on Texas 5A website. Its Wednesday, but Friday is coming, Go Dawgs, Get TUIT!

1. Nothing wrong with that!
2. If that is what was meant ....nothing wrong with that!
3. You are absolutely correct!

CFISDFootballFan
11-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Common opponents?
Cove blasted Waco 41-20.

I guess you didn't look at this one:
A&M Consolidated beat Copperas Cove 31-27 District
A&M Consolidated lost to Cy-Woods 28-17 Non-District
Cy-Woods lost to Cy-Ridge 43-41 District
But it really doesn't matter now.
This is the playoffs and anything can happen.
Just want both teams to play their best, no one gets hurt and may the best team win. I am pulling for Ridge and Woods keep winning.
CFISD!!! cyfallsbooster2 you rock!

cyfallsbooster2
11-26-2008, 08:21 AM

You're making fun of me again.:D

DawgDave
11-26-2008, 08:23 AM

From what I've been able to read all over websites, newspapers, etc., is that your QB is one outstanding player, and Cove will have to up it to keep him from going wild. But remember, while Cove may not have a Five-Star QB, they do have many good, quick players. The D is disciplined and hard hitting. The O suffered when the starting QB went down, but the back-up has played well enough to get two wins in the playoffs and is getting better each practice and each game. If the QB protects the ball and hits some passes, Cove's running game will take care of the rest. You guys will score, and might score 28-31 points. I just think Cove will light it up better.
Sorry I can't predict the winning lotto numbers for you because I don't play the game. As far as the second coming, didn't that just happen when Obama got elected?

caveman
11-26-2008, 08:24 AM
You're making fun of me again.:D
Wondered when I was going to see some "Cy-Life" again:D

CCDawgs
11-26-2008, 08:34 AM
From what I've been able to read all over websites, newspapers, etc., is that your QB is one outstanding player, and Cove will have to up it to keep him from going wild. But remember, while Cove may not have a Five-Star QB, they do have many good, quick players. The D is disciplined and hard hitting. The O suffered when the starting QB went down, but the back-up has played well enough to get two wins in the playoffs and is getting better each practice and each game. If the QB protects the ball and hits some passes, Cove's running game will take care of the rest. You guys will score, and might score 28-31 points. I just think Cove will light it up better.
Sorry I can't predict the winning lotto numbers for you because I don't play the game. As far as the second coming, didn't that just happen when Obama got elected?

:notworthy

cyfallsbooster2
11-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Wondered when I was going to see some "Cy-Life" again:D

Just livin' the Cy-Life, baby!:Music

smw358
11-26-2008, 08:44 AM

I am defense oriented by nature...I love a good hitting team. What really irks me is when I see players arm tackle or grab at a player thinking they are going to tackle a 4.4 speed power runner. I like to see a players t-bar planted in a runner's chest.....raking up from behind with the forearms and firmly planted on the ground. With all that said, I often used to wonder how a defense did not make a tackle against a Desean Hales or how did 6 guys miss him on a particular play. These kind of players including Russell S from Cy Ridge possess that uncanny ability to make ya miss. It is not just speed it's cutting speed. If CC's defense is solid and quick and can cut as quick they should be able to keep up with Russell. If they have any flaws.....he will find em.

He thinks so!

caveman
11-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Just livin' the Cy-Life, baby!:Music

Hey, you set me up...:D

Covedawg
11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
I am defense oriented by nature...I love a good hitting team. What really irks me is when I see players arm tackle or grab at a player thinking they are going to tackle a 4.4 speed power runner. I like to see a players t-bar planted in a runner's chest.....raking up from behind with the forearms and firmly planted on the ground. With all that said, I often used to wonder how a defense did not make a tackle against a Desean Hales or how did 6 guys miss him on a particular play. These kind of players including Russell S from Cy Ridge possess that uncanny ability to make ya miss. It is not just speed it's cutting speed. If CC's defense is solid and quick and can cut as quick they should be able to keep up with Russell. If they have any flaws.....he will find em.

He thinks so!

Tanner Brock will provide the hits that you speak of, he seems to like lifting them up and planting them in the turf....He's got a knack for making the hits that make the crowd go WOOOOOOO.......

This is gonna be one fun game to watch indeed

smw358
11-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Tanner Brock will provide the hits that you speak of, he seems to like lifting them up and planting them in the turf....He's got a knack for making the hits that make the crowd go WOOOOOOO.......

This is gonna be one fun game to watch indeed

And Russell S. has the speed and agility to make em go AAAAHHHHHH!

So we should be hearing WOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAHHHHHH :D

ktCarl
11-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Well sports fans, I just voted for Ridge mainly because I sit next to a Cy-Ridge band Dad at work. He's having a good time.

CoveMom
11-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Covemom, ur hot.:cool:

Funny you should say that.....there is at least one person in my part of town with a problem. An arson problem. Yesterday afternoon, The Husband was heading for the house and YET AGAIN had to call the Fire Department to come and put out a fire on the 6 acre vacant land next to our place. This is the 3rd time since we moved in and the 2nd in less than a year. Phone splice box was crispy critters and we still don't have phone/DSL at home but Embarq is working on it.

Where is CoveMom???????

ktCarl,

I trust this answers your question...

CM
:D

As to the Greater Question at hand here, I am hoping for a Cove win but more importantly I am hoping for a great game with no injuries. I KNOW it will be a great game, let us all pray for the "no injuries" part of my wish.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

CoveMom
11-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Well sports fans, I just voted for Ridge mainly because I sit next to a Cy-Ridge band Dad at work. He's having a good time.

You are now on my database of fecal matter*

*with thanks to Miss Kitty for providing me the software

ktCarl
11-26-2008, 10:38 AM
You are now on my database of fecal matter*

*with thanks to Miss Kitty for providing me the software

I'm already under scrutiny with the Katy fans because I left the last game early and I'm always in trouble with women so do your worst. ;)

Fecal matter?

You're nasty.

CoveMom
11-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm already under scrutiny with the Katy fans because I left the last game early and I'm always in trouble with women so do your worst. ;)

Fecal matter?

You're nasty.

Nasty? Try polite. Of course you might be more familar with **** list going by your post. :rolleyes:

cyfallsbooster2
11-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Funny you should say that.....there is at least one person in my part of town with a problem. An arson problem. Yesterday afternoon, The Husband was heading for the house and YET AGAIN had to call the Fire Department to come and put out a fire on the 6 acre vacant land next to our place. This is the 3rd time since we moved in and the 2nd in less than a year. Phone splice box was crispy critters and we still don't have phone/DSL at home but Embarq is working on it.

Bummer. Probably some young un's playing with matches and not understanding how much destruction they could cause.

Glad you are sort of back online!

Covedawg
11-26-2008, 12:12 PM
KtCarl

This is what is played on our scoreboard video during games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij43NTqDtjg&feature=related

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGBD1KUz2RA&feature=related

Ring'em loud and proud Friday night !!!!

covedawgfan
11-26-2008, 03:27 PM
After 266 posts on this thread, it looks like interest in football has gone by the wayside. Oh well, I am still excited about this 3rd round playoff game. It will be good sitting in the stands again watching these young Texas high school football play put everything they have and all they worked for on the line to move on to the Region Championship game. Boy, this sure is fun! Go Dawgs, Get TUIT!

BearPhi
11-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Ok, I have a very unique perspective on this game...I go to Baylor so the only thing I know about cove is that Griffin used to be their qb, the guy is flat out amazing and is lightyears ahead of every other freshman qb in the nation! How did yall not win the 4A state championship last year?...lost three games? These are real questions and not sorry attempts to pick on a very good team. Ok on the other hand I graduated from Ridge and have been able to see about 80% of their games the last three years. So ive been dying to give yall a real mini scouting report on us in hopes of being given the same.
Ridge: Russell Shepard- qb- electric with the ball in his hands, but in his soph and jun years he struggled with his progressions, accuracy, and overall smarts in certain situations. This year however the lightbulb has really come on and the 4 outa 5 times he throws the ball it is either completed or dropped.
Lipscomb- rb- Blazing fast, but deceptive at the same time, with great power and balance (when healthy) rarely fumbles ive seen 1 in 3 years as a starter.
-Now for the good news cove fans: Lipscomb limped off of the field several times against lufkin and didn't play against round rock, he is better than NF rb miller, so you can imagine having to stop him and RS in the same backfield. Now there is no way yall will see him at 100 % if he even plays at all it will be 75% Ive seen him return to his old self one time this year and it was on ESPN Ridge scored 68 pts in that one. Hopefully we will all get to see him turn it on like he did in that game but unlikely.
-Sorry this is so long but I'm replying to about 14pgs of stuff.
My take: Ridges defense is better than you guys think, the stats look bad b/c they play a slew of potent offenses, but they are at theyre best when rushing the passer funny thing tho if your qb can have time he will pick apart a weak secondary lacking range and a true cover guy. They are also good in stoping a one dimensional rushing attack as the D will bend but not break, It has been inproving all year and allows team to rack up big numbers while playing catch up. If cove can throw the ball and consistantly and their new qb doesn't make mistakes they will win, Russell can be stoped ive seen it against good defenses(anyone can be stopped). But if you can't keep him off the field with your O then your playing with fire and will get burnt soon enough.

DawgDave
11-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Ok, I have a very unique perspective on this game...I go to Baylor so the only thing I know about cove is that Griffin used to be their qb, the guy is flat out amazing and is lightyears ahead of every other freshman qb in the nation! How did yall not win the 4A state championship last year?...lost three games? These are real questions and not sorry attempts to pick on a very good team. Ok on the other hand I graduated from Ridge and have been able to see about 80% of their games the last three years. So ive been dying to give yall a real mini scouting report on us in hopes of being given the same.
Ridge: Russell Shepard- qb- electric with the ball in his hands, but in his soph and jun years he struggled with his progressions, accuracy, and overall smarts in certain situations. This year however the lightbulb has really come on and the 4 outa 5 times he throws the ball it is either completed or dropped.
Lipscomb- rb- Blazing fast, but deceptive at the same time, with great power and balance (when healthy) rarely fumbles ive seen 1 in 3 years as a starter.
-Now for the good news cove fans: Lipscomb limped off of the field several times against lufkin and didn't play against round rock, he is better than NF rb miller, so you can imagine having to stop him and RS in the same backfield. Now there is no way yall will see him at 100 % if he even plays at all it will be 75% Ive seen him return to his old self one time this year and it was on ESPN Ridge scored 68 pts in that one. Hopefully we will all get to see him turn it on like he did in that game but unlikely.
My take: Ridges defense is better than you guys think, the stats look bad b/c they play a slew of potent offenses, but they are at theyre best when rushing the passer funny thing tho if your qb can have time he will pick apart a weak secondary lacking range and a true cover guy. They are also good in stoping a one dimensional rushing attack as the D will bend but not break, It has been inproving all year and allows team to rack up big numbers while playing catch up. If cove can throw the ball and consistantly and their new qb doesn't make mistakes they will win, Russell can be stoped ive seen it against good defenses(anyone can be stopped). But if you can't keep him off the field with your O then your playing with fire and will get burnt soon enough.

Good post. I'll try to answer your questions concerning Griffin and Cove and why we didn't win state. First - the losses. The loss to Brownwood was mainly because Griffin was ejected in the first quarter. He thought he was subjected to a couple of late hits, argued with the ref, got a flag, then took off his helmet to argue some more. He was tossed. Without him QB'ing we had to turn to a kid (a WR) who hadn't played QB all year, but was the previous year's JV QB. The kid who was Griffin's backup (our current backup turned starter) was sent down to play on the JV on Thursday night because their QB was injured. Without Griffin the offense sputtered and Brownwood's defense keyed on our RB Troy Vital all night. The second loss was to Waco, district rival. That was in OT. In that game Griffin lead an amazing comeback and scored the final TD on the last play of the game. Waco's D was worn out, but Coach decided to go for the tie and play OT. Most of us think he should have gone for 2 and let Griffin do his stuff. The loss to Lamar Consolidated in the state championship game had to be the poorest offensive game plan I ever saw. We knew Jacquizz Rodgers would get his yards and score. Three times we had a first and goal and never scored. The final time was late in the 4th quarter and we ended up with a 4th and goal on the 4. After a timeout the OC called a play that hadn't done anything all night and we were stopped. Final score 20-14.
And you're right - Griffin is amazing. About the only other freshman around the country I've seen who could compare is Pryor from Ohio State. They were ranked #1 and #3 in the country last year.
Your D sounds good enough. I'm sure the OC has learned his lesson and will try various plays to exploit a weakness. If our QB can hit some passes then Cove should be fine. If it comes down to just running the ball we could be in trouble.
I'm sure we won't stop Shepard - just hope to contain him and try and keep him from breaking long plays. And it's rough when your RB is hurt. We kind of use RB by committee, and we had both of our main RB's out for two games, lost our All-State OG for a couple other games.
Should be a good one Friday night at Waco's Stadium. Good luck to both teams.

DrTallo
11-26-2008, 04:53 PM

Its not unique everyone in here that knows Ridge knows that what you said is 95% accurate. Russell knows when it's a important game than he will do anything possible to get the W.

covedawgfan
11-26-2008, 05:14 PM
As of 5:14 PM Wednesday, the poll on this site has the game as 45-44 Cove. If the game is as close as the poll it is going to be an exciting game. Really looking forward to the first time these two schools face each other. I hope it proves to be a classic, one that will be remembered as one of the best of 2008. Go Dawgs, Get TUIT!

DawgsFanForLife
11-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Well we will see who eats the crow come late Friday night. I am still gong with my DAWGS but as a realist, i know Cy has as good a chance as well. Hopefully the best team wins and moves on but strange things happin in football.

Go DAWGS!!!

Go JACKETS!!!

DFFL

Jayhawker
11-26-2008, 05:45 PM
KtCarl

and

...alot of the hs stadiums (especailly new stadiums) are getting away from letting people bring in noise makers.

ktCarl
11-26-2008, 05:50 PM
KtCarl

and

Ya'll have a scoreboard that plays music and videos and game replay?!?!?!?

I'm jealous.

Tell CoveMom I'm not speaking to her.

DrTallo
11-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Ya'll have a scoreboard that plays music and videos and game replay?!?!?!?

I'm jealous.

Tell CoveMom I'm not speaking to her.

Lol where do you live?....google Berry Center in Cypress. Thats where CFISD(teams which include Cy-Ridge) play their games. Rolls Royce of HS Stadiums better than alot of college stadiums too.

DrTallo
11-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Wait. lol you live by where I live so you should know about the Berry Center on Barker Cypress.

Covedawg
11-26-2008, 06:23 PM
...alot of the hs stadiums (especially new stadiums) are getting away from letting people bring in noise makers.

Our stadium is the same one I played on back in the 70's....it has just been enhanced, turf, expanded stands, new concession, and a few years ago the video scoreboard was added

Covedawg
11-26-2008, 06:28 PM
I have a rather large cowbell and just got a brand new drum stick, so I guess you can say I act as big a fool as Will Ferrell in the video,,,,,but bells are only rung for the most part on kick offs, scores and big 3rd down plays (offense or defense)

One stat all of our opponents have lead us on all year long......

KICKOFF RETURN YARDS....seems we can't compete in that category, no one hardly ever kicks off to the Dawgs more than once or twice....

mcamp002
11-26-2008, 06:28 PM
...alot of the hs stadiums (especailly new stadiums) are getting away from letting people bring in noise makers.

I know there are several teams around the state whose fans use cowbells during the games. Personally I do not see a problem with it, in fact Naaman-Forest's crowd had cowbells on the opposite side of the field and I thought it was cool. I can understand not allowing whistles, air horns, and electronically amplified devices - all of which violate UIL rules, but I know that when the kids have a large fan base and they hear their fans and the cowbells going - it pumps em up and they play harder!

ktCarl
11-26-2008, 06:36 PM
I know there are several teams around the state whose fans use cowbells during the games. Personally I do not see a problem with it, in fact Naaman-Forest's crowd had cowbells on the opposite side of the field and I thought it was cool. I can understand not allowing whistles, air horns, and electronically amplified devices - all of which violate UIL rules, but I know that when the kids have a large fan base and they hear their fans and the cowbells going - it pumps em up and they play harder!

Rhodes (KISD) and Tully (SBISD) don't allow 'noisemakers' which include cowbells.

mcamp002
11-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Rhodes (KISD) and Tully (SBISD) don't allow 'noisemakers' which include cowbells.

:confused: well I sure hope we never play there!!!!

txtaximom
11-26-2008, 07:07 PM
No cy-fair teams use cowbells. Yes, the Berry Center is a very nice stadium. I only prefer Pridgeon because it is walking distance from my house.

txtaximom
11-26-2008, 07:11 PM
KtCarl...my son used to be in band at Cy-Ridge, but he graduated in 2006. My daughter is on drill team at Cy-Ridge. She will be at the game Friday, not sure if my husband and I will make the trip to Waco.

Covedawg
11-26-2008, 07:26 PM
KtCarl...my son used to be in band at Cy-Ridge, but he graduated in 2006. My daughter is on drill team at Cy-Ridge. She will be at the game Friday, not sure if my husband and I will make the trip to Waco.

ya gotta come, we even have a guy in the "drill team" !!!:D

This game is gonna be BIG, we need to pack the house on both sides

BearPhi
11-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Good post. I'll try to answer your questions concerning Griffin and Cove and why we didn't win state. First - the losses. The loss to Brownwood was mainly because Griffin was ejected in the first quarter. He thought he was subjected to a couple of late hits, argued with the ref, got a flag, then took off his helmet to argue some more. He was tossed. Without him QB'ing we had to turn to a kid (a WR) who hadn't played QB all year, but was the previous year's JV QB. The kid who was Griffin's backup (our current backup turned starter) was sent down to play on the JV on Thursday night because their QB was injured. Without Griffin the offense sputtered and Brownwood's defense keyed on our RB Troy Vital all night. The second loss was to Waco, district rival. That was in OT. In that game Griffin lead an amazing comeback and scored the final TD on the last play of the game. Waco's D was worn out, but Coach decided to go for the tie and play OT. Most of us think he should have gone for 2 and let Griffin do his stuff. The loss to Lamar Consolidated in the state championship game had to be the poorest offensive game plan I ever saw. We knew Jacquizz Rodgers would get his yards and score. Three times we had a first and goal and never scored. The final time was late in the 4th quarter and we ended up with a 4th and goal on the 4. After a timeout the OC called a play that hadn't done anything all night and we were stopped. Final score 20-14.
And you're right - Griffin is amazing. About the only other freshman around the country I've seen who could compare is Pryor from Ohio State. They were ranked #1 and #3 in the country last year.
Your D sounds good enough. I'm sure the OC has learned his lesson and will try various plays to exploit a weakness. If our QB can hit some passes then Cove should be fine. If it comes down to just running the ball we could be in trouble.
I'm sure we won't stop Shepard - just hope to contain him and try and keep him from breaking long plays. And it's rough when your RB is hurt. We kind of use RB by committee, and we had both of our main RB's out for two games, lost our All-State OG for a couple other games.
Should be a good one Friday night at Waco's Stadium. Good luck to both teams.

Thanks very much for helping me because before the playoffs even a few baylor friends and I were wondering how Griffin could not have won state I know Vince couldn't do it in 2001 or 2002? (one of those years) but when you watch Griff play you just get the feeling that he has that "it" factor that very few players have. Anyways... Ive been following football recruiting for a while now Ive learned that there is very little difference between a four star and a three star player "talent wise" the real difference seems to be how well the coach is able to translate it onto the field by putting the players in great situations for success. In saying that, this game puts two totally different stylistic teams head to head. Old school run vs New age spread. What concerns me as a Ridge fan is that we haven't fared well against those types of teams. Round Rock gave us a little trouble in the first round, and last year in the third round we lost on a 50 yd field goal as time expired to a hightower team that we were killing but wore down our defense, and found a way to beat us despite giving up several plays to stop our two headed monster. Ive also seen the Ridge Coaching staff go into a shell when it is unable to start impossing its will on an oponent right away. I hope they are patient but not as patient as in that hightower game which is why I think we lost.
One more thing (honest question): What happend against A&M consolidated b/c ive looked at yalls games and that one just doesnt make sense, they got beat pretty good by a team in their first ever varsity game (cy Woods). Also couldn't find your "all state guard"? That is the only thing stopping me from giving cove the edge base on what Ive heard. It could just be yall district? NF was a good team but Horn(4-6), temple(5-5),A&M Consolidated(6-4), shoemaker(4-6). All of those teams lost first round. I'm sorry but that schedule has me scratching my head a little bit. Especially the fact that Horn was givin up 37 pts per game coming in to that game. Cove put up 21 pts and then 16 on NF. No disrespct intended just the facts.

CoveMom
11-26-2008, 07:31 PM
CoveMom is back online at home. Embarq cut down a bunch of trees and brush and got the phone splice box replaced about 2:30 this afternoon. Now if someone would just turn in the little snot who keeps setting fires on this piece of land, I will sleep better at night.

Is there a fly buzzing around in here? I thought I saw something that looked like ktCarl flit by earlier.....

:p

Covedawg
11-26-2008, 07:41 PM
CoveMom is back online at home. Embarq cut down a bunch of trees and brush and got the phone splice box replaced about 2:30 this afternoon. Now if someone would just turn in the little snot who keeps setting fires on this piece of land, I will sleep better at night.

Is there a fly buzzing around in here? I thought I saw something that looked like ktCarl flit by earlier.....

:p

He says he's not talking to you now.....

ktCarl
11-26-2008, 07:46 PM

You especially gotta go!!! It's your kid and she won't be in the drill team forever. Soak up the moment because it will be gone in a flash and you will regret it. Waco ISD Stadium is really nice!!!

Go Mom and Dad, go Mom and Dad. Support your girl and her school!!!!!!!!!!!
My co-worker is going cause he has a kid in Cy-Ridge's band. Ya'll go too.

Go.
Go.
Go.

Covedawg
11-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks very much for helping me because before the playoffs even a few baylor friends and I were wondering how Griffin could not have won state I know Vince couldn't do it in 2001 or 2002? facts.

What I want to know is will you guys be able to handle Tech this week? Being a Longhorn fan and now a sort of Baylor fan because of Griffin, we are pulling for the Bears this weekend........Sic'em Bears

CoveMom
11-26-2008, 07:48 PM

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz

ktCarl
11-26-2008, 07:48 PM

Tell her that the fly buzzing around her is probably her pet. ;)

Covedawg
11-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Tell her that the fly buzzing around her is probably her pet. ;)

He said the fly.....awh nevermind

BearPhi
11-26-2008, 07:59 PM
SIIICCCC'EEEEEMMMMMMM
Go Bears!!

Covedawg
11-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Some of you Cove fans out there, we've got a local site also

http://supercentex.yuku.com/directory

supercentex has been around for several years, but we could use some new opinions on the boards........

check it out

DawgDave
11-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks very much for helping me because before the playoffs even a few baylor friends and I were wondering how Griffin could not have won state I know Vince couldn't do it in 2001 or 2002? (one of those years) but when you watch Griff play you just get the feeling that he has that "it" factor that very few players have. Anyways... Ive been following football recruiting for a while now Ive learned that there is very little difference between a four star and a three star player "talent wise" the real difference seems to be how well the coach is able to translate it onto the field by putting the players in great situations for success. In saying that, this game puts two totally different stylistic teams head to head. Old school run vs New age spread. What concerns me as a Ridge fan is that we haven't fared well against those types of teams. Round Rock gave us a little trouble in the first round, and last year in the third round we lost on a 50 yd field goal as time expired to a hightower team that we were killing but wore down our defense, and found a way to beat us despite giving up several plays to stop our two headed monster. Ive also seen the Ridge Coaching staff go into a shell when it is unable to start impossing its will on an oponent right away. I hope they are patient but not as patient as in that hightower game which is why I think we lost.
One more thing (honest question): What happend against A&M consolidated b/c ive looked at yalls games and that one just doesnt make sense, they got beat pretty good by a team in their first ever varsity game (cy Woods). Also couldn't find your "all state guard"? That is the only thing stopping me from giving cove the edge base on what Ive heard. It could just be yall district? NF was a good team but Horn(4-6), temple(5-5),A&M Consolidated(6-4), shoemaker(4-6). All of those teams lost first round. I'm sorry but that schedule has me scratching my head a little bit. Especially the fact that Horn was givin up 37 pts per game coming in to that game. Cove put up 21 pts and then 16 on NF. No disrespct intended just the facts.

And no disrespect taken.
That game at A&M left us all scratching our heads. I personally didn't make the trip to College Station, but some I've talked to who did said Cove came out flat, was in a 14-0 hole quick and never really played to win. We did get the lead then lost it in the final minute or so. Some guys told me that not one Dawg played a real good game that night. By the way, A&M's record should be 7-4, not 6-4, and one of those losses was a forfeit for using an ineligible player who playing a couple of minutes in the 4th quarter of a win.
Temple was playing well at the end of the season. Their pre-district schedule was a killer including the likes of Plano. The low score against Mesquite Horn and Naaman Forest we pretty attribute to the new QB. We let him play his game - he's a good runner - and not let him pass. We know we will probably have to toss it against Cy Ridge.
Our All-State offensive guard is Anthony Mackey, 6'3", 275 lbs. When he was out for a couple of games, same time as our two main RB's, the offense kind of sputtered.

jp744
11-26-2008, 08:41 PM
You guys have not always handled Dual Threat QB's. I can remeber a player by the name of:
Giovanni Vizza passed for 347 yards and ran for 144 as San Antonio Alamo Heights defeated Copperas Cove 40-28 to win the Class 4A Division I state championship on Saturday night.
http://www.texasfootball.com/image_lib/gvizzapowart.jpg

I think this guy may be a little better. That defense was a state championship defense that you guys had that year. I would proceed with all caution. Good Luck to both teams.

DawgDave
11-26-2008, 08:57 PM
You guys have not always handled Dual Threat QB's. I can remeber a player by the name of:
Giovanni Vizza passed for 347 yards and ran for 144 as San Antonio Alamo Heights defeated Copperas Cove 40-28 to win the Class 4A Division I state championship on Saturday night.

I think this guy may be a little better. That defense was a state championship defense that you guys had that year. I would proceed with all caution. Good Luck to both teams.

Vizza ate their lunch that evening. By the time they kind of figured him out we were down 17-0. But Cove still had a chance to win it at the end with 5 minutes to go we stopped them, had the ball on our own 30 and then that early snap to Griffin in the shotgun caught him looking the other way to move a WR and went flying right by him. That was the ballgame right there. But that defense wasn't any state championship defense. Although we had some real talent, it had some holes. And the front four weren't particularly fast. This year's front four are fast off the ball and quick to cut. Lots of sacks and carries for a loss.
Should be interesting to see how it all fares out.

DawgsFanForLife
11-26-2008, 09:19 PM
I will be glad when this one is over just to see what is said by both teams fans when its over.

DFFL

DrTallo
11-26-2008, 10:24 PM
I will be glad when this one is over just to see what is said by both teams fans when its over.

DFFL

Yeah this is what I have been thinking since I finished reading page 5.

BearPhi
11-26-2008, 10:40 PM
And no disrespect taken.
That game at A&M left us all scratching our heads. I personally didn't make the trip to College Station, but some I've talked to who did said Cove came out flat, was in a 14-0 hole quick and never really played to win. We did get the lead then lost it in the final minute or so. Some guys told me that not one Dawg played a real good game that night. By the way, A&M's record should be 7-4, not 6-4, and one of those losses was a forfeit for using an ineligible player who playing a couple of minutes in the 4th quarter of a win.
Temple was playing well at the end of the season. Their pre-district schedule was a killer including the likes of Plano. The low score against Mesquite Horn and Naaman Forest we pretty attribute to the new QB. We let him play his game - he's a good runner - and not let him pass. We know we will probably have to toss it against Cy Ridge.
Our All-State offensive guard is Anthony Mackey, 6'3", 275 lbs. When he was out for a couple of games, same time as our two main RB's, the offense kind of sputtered.

I tell you it's nice to have someone respond with real info and not try to play the game on a keyboard...Thanks DogDave. Ok caution to both sides.
Fast Defense doesn't mean good defense I'd trade a fast one for a good one any day. I'm usually bad about criticizing Russell and I admit that sometimes I critique his performace as if he's wearing an LSU helmet already. O and to the UT fans out there this kid would be going there but they wouldn't offer him as a qb only an athlete apparently some kid named Gilbert is pretty good out there at Lake Travis:rolleyes:. My point being this the guy isn't college ready passer and a college secondary will take advantage when he lofts the ball a mile high on deep passes so If your secondary is as good as you're saying I'd welcome the deep ball. But if your DLine and LBs are fast as you say then that might hurt you against him. He is at his best when teams overpursue, If you dont then he will not break one. Interesting thing: I was looking back at some of the first round matchups and NF was picked to lose against ...Creekview somethin or other. So i'd be kinda worry about looking on the other side of that 5A bracket too soon, still alot of football to be played. Cove fans is there any highlights to some of the Cove games I'd like a better look at the enemy if you know what I mean. Also more highlights of ridge here: http://schools.cfisd.net/cyridge/athletics/FOOTBALL/results_index.html

iluvit73
11-26-2008, 11:00 PM
I tell you it's nice to have someone respond with real info and not try to play the game on a keyboard...Thanks DogDave. Ok caution to both sides.
Fast Defense doesn't mean good defense I'd trade a fast one for a good one any day. I'm usually bad about criticizing Russell and I admit that sometimes I critique his performace as if he's wearing an LSU helmet already. O and to the UT fans out there this kid would be going there but they wouldn't offer him as a qb only an athlete apparently some kid named Gilbert is pretty good out there at Lake Travis:rolleyes:. My point being this the guy isn't college ready passer and a college secondary will take advantage when he lofts the ball a mile high on deep passes so If your secondary is as good as you're saying I'd welcome the deep ball. But if your DLine and LBs are fast as you say then that might hurt you against him. He is at his best when teams overpursue, If you dont then he will not break one. Interesting thing: I was looking back at some of the first round matchups and NF was picked to lose against ...Creekview somethin or other. So i'd be kinda worry about looking on the other side of that 5A bracket too soon, still alot of football to be played. Cove fans is there any highlights to some of the Cove games I'd like a better look at the enemy if you know what I mean. Also more highlights of ridge here: http://schools.cfisd.net/cyridge/athletics/FOOTBALL/results_index.html
Hey you can go here..... http://www.prepticket.com/main/school/copperas--cove--copperas--cove--texas--hs....You can look up any team you want.

quemaj
11-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Don't sleep on this team. they have a very good defence, and an offence with lots of weapons

quemaj
11-27-2008, 01:06 AM
After 266 posts on this thread, it looks like interest in football has gone by the wayside. Oh well, I am still excited about this 3rd round playoff game. It will be good sitting in the stands again watching these young Texas high school football play put everything they have and all they worked for on the line to move on to the Region Championship game. Boy, this sure is fun! Go Dawgs, Get TUIT!

What's the weather for Friday?

quemaj
11-27-2008, 01:12 AM

If you want to see how good the Ridge QB is just look him up on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVRVGonCX3s
this tied a national high school record

quemaj
11-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Lol where do you live?....google Berry Center in Cypress. Thats where CFISD(teams which include Cy-Ridge) play their games. Rolls Royce of HS Stadiums better than alot of college stadiums too.

Andre Johnson of the Houston Texans who played for The University of Miami, said The Berry Center was a better stadium than the one he played at during college.

DrTallo
11-27-2008, 01:37 AM
Andre Johnson of the Houston Texans who played for The University of Miami, said The Berry Center was a better stadium than the one he played at during college.

Haha yeah dude Im not just saying this but you just made me remember someone once telling me that. But yeah it is a great stadium, I could be wrong but It can possibly be the best HS Stadium in the nation. Anyone disagree?

rmwestjr
11-27-2008, 06:18 AM
I thought you guys might like to see this year's comparison between Giovanni (North Texas 1-10) and Griffin (Baylor 4-7):

Rushing:
GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G

Giovanni 11 89 332 213 119 1.3 1 38 10.8
Griffin 11 155 1000 256 744 4.8 11 63 67.6

Passing:
GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G
Giovanni 11 113.7 283-455-13 62.2 2550 14 57 231.8
Griffin 11 142.1 148-252-2 58.7 2000 14 61 181.8

DawgsFanForLife
11-27-2008, 06:32 AM
Ok here is the answer to some questions from several of the most recent posts:

The Gilbert kid that UT is getting from lake Travis is the real deal. he should fit smoothly right behind Colt McCoy. The kid is AWASOME to say it mildly and i would take him over the Cy kid any day. (Compare stats)

The weather for Friday is going to be CCCCOOOLLLDDDD! Cold front is suposed to hit in the Austin area between 330-400 AM Friday morning so that would put it in Waco prob. about 200 AM or so. Winds are predicted out of the north about 10-15 MPH, last i heard. Dress warm, be loud, and go DAWGS, LOL.

Griffin has had a much better year than V. The big thing, V tore Cove apart in the championship game. I still say it was a lot of poor coaching by Cove to prepare for the game. I was very disappointed and so far the Cove coaches have not prepared the kids for the championship games they have played well enough to win. I scratch my head at the play calling some times. Not to take anything away from them, the coaches do a good job, but my observation in the BIG game they have choked.

This game will be a true test of two teams that deserve to be here. As someone said earlier, the team taht scores the most points will win, Duh! But that does not always mean the best team will win. Hopefully the best team will win as well regardless of which one it is. My opinion, if you get eliminated, you should hope that the team that knocks you out wins the championship. That is how you can measure your team upagainst a champion.

DFFL

smw358
11-27-2008, 07:57 AM

DFFL

I bet the loser will say something like this...."Gee, we're not as good
as we thought."

DawgDave
11-27-2008, 08:13 AM

Have you ever been to the Orange Bowl? The place is a crumbling dump.

CoveMom
11-27-2008, 08:19 AM
Have you ever been to the Orange Bowl? The place is a crumbling dump.

Trump. Cotton Bowl. I win.

:rolleyes:

DawgDave
11-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Ok here is the answer to some questions from several of the most recent posts:

The Gilbert kid that UT is getting from lake Travis is the real deal. he should fit smoothly right behind Colt McCoy. The kid is AWASOME to say it mildly and i would take him over the Cy kid any day. (Compare stats)

The weather for Friday is going to be CCCCOOOLLLDDDD! Cold front is suposed to hit in the Austin area between 330-400 AM Friday morning so that would put it in Waco prob. about 200 AM or so. Winds are predicted out of the north about 10-15 MPH, last i heard. Dress warm, be loud, and go DAWGS, LOL.

Griffin has had a much better year than V. The big thing, V tore Cove apart in the championship game. I still say it was a lot of poor coaching by Cove to prepare for the game. I was very disappointed and so far the Cove coaches have not prepared the kids for the championship games they have played well enough to win. I scratch my head at the play calling some times. Not to take anything away from them, the coaches do a good job, but my observation in the BIG game they have choked.

This game will be a true test of two teams that deserve to be here. As someone said earlier, the team taht scores the most points will win, Duh! But that does not always mean the best team will win. Hopefully the best team will win as well regardless of which one it is. My opinion, if you get eliminated, you should hope that the team that knocks you out wins the championship. That is how you can measure your team upagainst a champion.

DFFL

I don't mean to upstage you there, DFFL, but your comments on the coaching reminds me after last year's championship game loss the fans were blasting the coaches, and rightfully so. That had to be the lamest offensive play calling I ever saw. All night long we played right into what they wanted us to do - Vital right, roll out Griffin to the right, etc. Yet when we went to the left side or rolled Griffin out left we made decent yardage. The wind at our back (and it was a stiff wind) and we never passed. I really think that the coaches thought Griffin would break the huddles and have a big "S" on his jersey and play Superman. The kid had done it the past two seasons, but LC's defense was geared to stop him. The D played as good as they could, and holding Lamar Consolidated to 20 points was a major achievement. Your offense has to score and help out the D. Through 2-1/2 quarters they held Rodgers to minimal gains, but then he finally broke one and they took the lead.
Hopefully the OC has learned. I believe he has, because when we were kind of sluggish he inserted the "Big Daddy" package and Brock ran wild. That kid (Kendryx Madison) is a beast!!

I don't think the weather will be as bad as everyone first thought. Game time temps are forecasted to be in the low 50's, light north wind of 5MPH. The field may be wet, but Bulldawg North is astroplay so it should be ok.

One last thing - Cove, by far, has the smallest enrollment of any school left playing in both 5-A divisions - 2097 is what is reported. That is the figure that was turned in to the UIL for realignment one year ago. Cove is now smaller than that - actually has 4-A numbers. So although I do sometimes question the coaches, they do a fine job with what they have. And year after year after year Cove is in the playoffs. There's no rebuilding in Cove - they just reload.

jp744
11-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Trump. Cotton Bowl. I win.

:rolleyes:

Speaking of Cotton Bowl are in HS games ever played there.

kmo
11-27-2008, 10:02 AM
I am interested to see how this game plays out. Rooting for RIDGE for sure. As for them being a one-man team....that's ridiculous. Everyone acts like Russell is out there running one against eleven. Give credit to the rest the Ridge offense.....the line and receivers that give him the room to do what he does.

So I hope Cove thinks they only have one man to beat....continue to underestimate the other 10 on the field...

covedawgfan
11-27-2008, 11:00 AM
I am interested to see how this game plays out. Rooting for RIDGE for sure. As for them being a one-man team....that's ridiculous. Everyone acts like Russell is out there running one against eleven. Give credit to the rest the Ridge offense.....the line and receivers that give him the room to do what he does.

So I hope Cove thinks they only have one man to beat....continue to underestimate the other 10 on the field...

I am sorry to have to burst your "hope" bubble, but Cove knows that football is played with 11 men on each side of the ball. Together these 11 make a team. Cove knows that Cy Ridge is a football team, 11 on offense 11 on defense and several others on the sidelines. The Cove coaching staff will prepare the "team" to play against Cy Ridge not one man. This will be a great game, I am optimistic about the Dawgs chances to win this game, but it will be a battle, it's Thursday, Friday is coming, No excuses, leave it all on the field of play. Go Dawgs, Get TUIT!

rmwestjr
11-27-2008, 11:06 AM
In the Alamo Heights game, Cove was stunned by a well-coached and determined team. I actually thought Cove was going to win. They were 3 points behind with about 5 minutes to go in the game on their 35-40 yard line, and while Griffin was changing the play, the center snapped the ball into his helmet. The miscue totally took the momentum out of Cove's push and the Mules took the ball in for a 10 point margin of victory.

In the Lamar game, Vital hardly ran the ball because he was hurt. He could barely make a cut. The coaches put a backup in (Byrd?) for a drive, but the back fumbled the ball. They put Vital back in and the running was really all on Griffin's shoulders the rest of the game. Heck, Cove was within the 20 2-3 times and didn't score because they opted to use Vital as a decoy rather than run a 2nd stringer.

covedawgfan
11-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Just a quick sidebar: It seems that the playoffs brings new posters to the website, so since I joined at beginning of the season I want to welcome those who recently joined (based on # of post). I may get some wrong and I may omit some, but nothing in this post is meant to slight anyone, just a welcome:

Fiberdawg15, CoveFan74, mccamp002, CCdawgs, iluvit73, Txtaximom, DrTallo, famersfight, Temple Wildcat Fan, Bear Phi, quemaj, northtexump, purple swarm, cwh1inmyheart4eva, also Don'tcallmeFrancis

Eldawgo
11-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Wow!!! at the time of this post: Cove 50%-Cy Ridge 50% on the poll. Cy Ridge is gaining momentum in the latter hours. I hope it does'nt go that way in the game......Go Dawgs!

BearPhi
11-27-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't mean to upstage you there, DFFL, but your comments on the coaching reminds me after last year's championship game loss the fans were blasting the coaches, and rightfully so. That had to be the lamest offensive play calling I ever saw. All night long we played right into what they wanted us to do - Vital right, roll out Griffin to the right, etc. Yet when we went to the left side or rolled Griffin out left we made decent yardage. The wind at our back (and it was a stiff wind) and we never passed. I really think that the coaches thought Griffin would break the huddles and have a big "S" on his jersey and play Superman. The kid had done it the past two seasons, but LC's defense was geared to stop him. The D played as good as they could, and holding Lamar Consolidated to 20 points was a major achievement. Your offense has to score and help out the D. Through 2-1/2 quarters they held Rodgers to minimal gains, but then he finally broke one and they took the lead.
Hopefully the OC has learned. I believe he has, because when we were kind of sluggish he inserted the "Big Daddy" package and Brock ran wild. That kid (Kendryx Madison) is a beast!!

I don't think the weather will be as bad as everyone first thought. Game time temps are forecasted to be in the low 50's, light north wind of 5MPH. The field may be wet, but Bulldawg North is astroplay so it should be ok.

One last thing - Cove, by far, has the smallest enrollment of any school left playing in both 5-A divisions - 2097 is what is reported. That is the figure that was turned in to the UIL for realignment one year ago. Cove is now smaller than that - actually has 4-A numbers. So although I do sometimes question the coaches, they do a fine job with what they have. And year after year after year Cove is in the playoffs. There's no rebuilding in Cove - they just reload.

I know that the Gilbert kid is very very good to say the least... My post had a little sarcasim in it also Cove Fans think about this ive always wondered how a 4A team could move up in 5a and stay competitive you guys have done a good job of this but there is still a hell of a difference. For example Lamar Consolidated I saw last year lose to two mediocre 5A programs one of which was college park. Since they beat yall with Griffin that year thats also got me wondering how good yall really are. We shall see, but just so you know Ridge is for real and a 5A program that beats good 5A programs.

Eldawgo
11-27-2008, 12:06 PM
I know that the Gilbert kid is very very good to say the least... My post had a little sarcasim in it also Cove Fans think about this ive always wondered how a 4A team could move up in 5a and stay competitive you guys have done a good job of this but there is still a hell of a difference. For example Lamar Consolidated I saw last year lose to two mediocre 5A programs one of which was college park. Since they beat yall with Griffin that year thats also got me wondering how good yall really are. We shall see, but just so you know Ridge is for real and a 5A program that beats good 5A programs.
Cove was a very small but competitive 5A school before dropping down to 4A for two years. During those two, the Dawgs made 2 state championship appearances. Got moved back up to 5A this past re-alignment. Now we have 4A numbers again. Expect us to get moved down to 4A (probably for good) on the next realignment, but may opt to stay 5A. That's a possibility once we win a 4A state championship. We were the district pre-season pick to finish 3rd. Oh well. The DAWGS love to play and love to win. It will be a Dawg fight tomorrow night! We probably should'nt win.....but then we probably should'nt have done a lot of things. Get'r done!

Eldawgo
11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh yeah! Happy Thanksgiving to all! Enjoy your turkeys because maybe it'll be crow tomorrow....lol.... God Bless.

kmo
11-27-2008, 12:20 PM
I am sorry to have to burst your "hope" bubble, but Cove knows that football is played with 11 men on each side of the ball. Together these 11 make a team. Cove knows that Cy Ridge is a football team, 11 on offense 11 on defense and several others on the sidelines. The Cove coaching staff will prepare the "team" to play against Cy Ridge not one man. This will be a great game, I am optimistic about the Dawgs chances to win this game, but it will be a battle, it's Thursday, Friday is coming, No excuses, leave it all on the field of play. Go Dawgs, Get TUIT!

You couldn't possibly burst my bubble. My statement was based on the many post on this board that reflected a "Stop Russell-Stop Ridge" mentality. Lufkin's defense had #4 totally spy Russell the entire game...

I am looking for a battle and either way...both teams would represent well later in the playoffs.

covedawgfan
11-27-2008, 12:45 PM
You couldn't possibly burst my bubble. My statement was based on the many post on this board that reflected a "Stop Russell-Stop Ridge" mentality. Lufkin's defense had #4 totally spy Russell the entire game...

I am looking for a battle and either way...both teams would represent well later in the playoffs.

By the way, welcome, I left you out of my welcome, not intended to slight you, just an oversight, Welcome.

covedawgfan
11-27-2008, 12:51 PM

Sorry about leaving you out of my welcome, just an oversight on my part, Welcome to the discussion. Totaly agreed either team will be a good rep for the next round. Go Dawgs, Continue to Get TUIT.

Covedawg
11-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Cove has been a 5A school since UIL created 5A in 1976, the dip into 4A was only those two years, I hope we stay in 5A

DawgDave
11-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Who is "Gilbert"?? I think you have Garrett Gilbert (Lake Travis) mixed up with Giovanni Vizza from Alamo Heights.
I think it's been pretty well explained what happened last year in the championship game. Besides playing the best RB this state has produced in decades, the offensive game plan was bad.
Let's see - y'all lost two games this year and didn't win your district. That also has me wondering how really good y'all are!!!
You only beat a mediocre Round Rock team in round 1 by 4 points. That tells me something.

CCDawgs
11-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Who is "Gilbert"?? I think you have Garrett Gilbert (Lake Travis) mixed up with Giovanni Vizza from Alamo Heights.
I think it's been pretty well explained what happened last year in the championship game. Besides playing the best RB this state has produced in decades, the offensive game plan was bad.
Let's see - y'all lost two games this year and didn't win your district. That also has me wondering how really good y'all are!!!
You only beat a mediocre Round Rock team in round 1 by 4 points. That tells me something.

:notworthy

mcamp002
11-27-2008, 03:20 PM

Well Cove did drop down to 4A from 5A. Cove has been in the playoffs every year since and including 1998 with the exception of 2003. Cove has beat good 5A teams in the past. Games that I have personally seen them win were against Converse Judson, Tyler John Tyler, and I'm sure there are others. When Cove dropped to 4A The non-district games that we had scheduled against 5A programs all opted to NOT play us. All of this including your point is mute since none of those teams of yesteryear are playing tomorrow night. It is a new set of kids on each side of the ball who have obviously played 5A football at a pretty high level to be in the 3rd round!

mcamp002
11-27-2008, 03:22 PM

I think those posts are based off of the fact that the 2 teams who have managed to subdue Shepard this year also managed to win.

kmo
11-27-2008, 03:39 PM
I think those posts are based off of the fact that the 2 teams who have managed to subdue Shepard this year also managed to win.

Thanks for the welcome Dawg.

As for subduing anything....the only thing Humble and Creek did was subdue the Ridge coaching staff into being one-dimensional in their game plan. When Ridge diversifies...they get it done. When they are a one trick pony...they lose.

Looking for great football on Friday!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

CincoFTW21
11-27-2008, 03:40 PM
dang...look at the poll....dead even :rolleyes:

DrTallo
11-27-2008, 03:56 PM

Yup, I remember when it first started. Copperas Cove was heavily favored, now it's 50-50. Its not something you can base a prediction out of but just the fact that the poll got to this point. Crazy stuff :D

DrTallo
11-27-2008, 04:00 PM
One thing I wanted to talk about, last year Cy-Ridge went to the 3rd round also but playing all three at the Berry Center and now we have to travel across state(over exaggeration) to go see the rams. It would of been super nice if that would of happen this year. Also, who does not want to play at the Berry Center??

mcamp002
11-27-2008, 04:31 PM

I think that can be attributed to the fact that it was primarily Cove fans on here when it first started...frankly I like seeing it like this...means we also get diverse points of view on the game.

covedawgfan
11-27-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't want to play at the Berry Center, but thanks for asking.

DawgsFanForLife
11-27-2008, 06:08 PM
I don't have any desire to play at the scarry berry center. Keep the games at Dawg Pound North and everything will be fine.

Go DAWGS, get the job done.

DFFL

Covedawg
11-27-2008, 06:12 PM
One thing I wanted to talk about, last year Cy-Ridge went to the 3rd round also but playing all three at the Berry Center and now we have to travel across state(over exaggeration) to go see the rams. It would of been super nice if that would of happen this year. Also, who does not want to play at the Berry Center??

I believe for the same reason ya'll don't want to play at WISD, Waco is 70+ miles away, but The Dawgs and all us fans consider it a home game.

quemaj
11-27-2008, 07:31 PM

I don't thin you can really relate the 2 Ridge losses on the fact that the QB was limited in his running. The first game the whole team came out flat and over confident. The second loss came after a the team had a big win, and again I think being over confident. The second loss was to a team with a losing record last year and they won district this year.

iluvit73
11-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Just a quick sidebar: It seems that the playoffs brings new posters to the website, so since I joined at beginning of the season I want to welcome those who recently joined (based on # of post). I may get some wrong and I may omit some, but nothing in this post is meant to slight anyone, just a welcome:

Fiberdawg15, CoveFan74, mccamp002, CCdawgs, iluvit73, Txtaximom, DrTallo, famersfight, Temple Wildcat Fan, Bear Phi, quemaj, northtexump, purple swarm, cwh1inmyheart4eva, also Don'tcallmeFrancis (I know you joined earlier in the season and "reprimanded" me on an arrogant post for the AMC game, which I deserved, thanks) I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do anything to you.

DawgsFanForLife
11-27-2008, 09:08 PM
GO DAWGS...Finish the Thanksgiving treat on Friday night with some Cy Ridge Desert!!!

DFFL

CCDawgs
11-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Cove was a very small but competitive 5A school before dropping down to 4A for two years. During those two, the Dawgs made 2 state championship appearances. Got moved back up to 5A this past re-alignment. Now we have 4A numbers again. Expect us to get moved down to 4A (probably for good) on the next realignment, but may opt to stay 5A. That's a possibility once we win a 4A state championship. We were the district pre-season pick to finish 3rd. Oh well. The DAWGS love to play and love to win. It will be a Dawg fight tomorrow night! We probably should'nt win.....but then we probably should'nt have done a lot of things. Get'r done!

In 2005 when Cove went 13-1 in 5A losing to Lufkin, we had 1900 kids in the school(which put us in 4A in the next allignment)

covedawgfan
11-27-2008, 09:46 PM
i don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do anything to you.

ok

Covedawg
11-27-2008, 10:52 PM
running out of things to say on this board......

We Got Spirit
Yes We Do
We Got Spirit
How 'Bout You

ok, it is getting late, and I might have had to much Miller Lite
watching the Horns crush the Aggies.....

DrTallo
11-28-2008, 12:16 AM
I believe for the same reason ya'll don't want to play at WISD, Waco is 70+ miles away, but The Dawgs and all us fans consider it a home game.

Lol...yeah but I would drive to see a beautiful stadium tho. you really ask yourself, is this really a high school stadium?

BearPhi
11-28-2008, 12:30 AM

Well looks like I struck a nerve. Look if you want me to talk about who yall have beaten then I will, you guys beat NF 16-9. To me no one else is woth mentioning. O wait a sec i'd be remissed if I didn't mention that yall played a 7-4 team (A&M consolidated....And lost....The only other team in your district with a winning record) Another thing, talk all the crap in the world bout our defense but were not mesquite horn and giving up an average of 37 a game...Wait you can't talk about that either cuz Cove only scored 21 in that game! I'm not even close to being done. Best RB in the state??? in a decade??? Hmmmmm Adrian Peterson comes to mind, cedric benson, jamal charles...ect.(I don't want to be here all day). Please don't mention how weak our schedule is if you guys have played two 5a teams with a winning record and are 1 for 2. For those of you cove fans keeping score at home Horn was 4-6...like most the teams in your district. O since were comparing districts and all, how many teams in your district are still in the playoffs? just you! Ours: 2. And by the way that other team beat A&M consolidated by double figures(We beat them). hey dave had round rock been in your district they probably would have been 8-2? but they actually have some decent teams so they had to settle for 7 wins. Also I think you forgot to mention the fact that we beat lufkin pretty convincingly. I could do this all day but it doesn't mean anything. We will find out in 19 hrs or so. I hate to say it but I hope this cove team is better than last years. LC also lost to Mayde Creek 6-5 record in Katy's district. Quality 5A teams are just a little different than a really good 4A teams!

DrTallo
11-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Well looks like I struck a nerve. Look if you want me to talk about who yall have beaten then I will, you guys beat NF 16-9. To me no one else is woth mentioning. O wait a sec i'd be remissed if I didn't mention that yall played a 7-4 team (A&M consolidated....And lost....The only other team in your district with a winning record) Another thing, talk all the crap in the world bout our defense but were not mesquite horn and giving up an average of 37 a game...Wait you can't talk about that either cuz Cove only scored 21 in that game! I'm not even close to being done. Best RB in the state??? in a decade??? Hmmmmm Adrian Peterson comes to mind, cedric benson, jamal charles...ect.(I don't want to be here all day). Please don't mention how weak our schedule is if you guys have played two 5a teams with a winning record and are 1 for 2. For those of you cove fans keeping score at home Horn was 4-6...like most the teams in your district. O since were comparing districts and all, how many teams in your district are still in the playoffs? just you! Ours: 2. And by the way that other team beat A&M consolidated by double figures(We beat them). hey dave had round rock been in your district they probably would have been 8-2? but they actually have some decent teams so they had to settle for 7 wins. Also I think you forgot to mention the fact that we beat lufkin pretty convincingly. I could do this all day but it doesn't mean anything. We will find out in 19 hrs or so. I hate to say it but I hope this cove team is better than last years. LC also lost to Mayde Creek 6-5 record in Katy's district. Quality 5A teams are just a little different than a really good 4A teams!

Tell them boys!

covedawgfan
11-28-2008, 06:41 AM
It Football Friday, kickoff is at 730PM tonight. As of now the poll on this thread is tied and the score of the game is tied 0-0. Soon the players will take the field to play this exciting game. Strap it on, Go Dawgs, Get TUIT!

farmersfight
11-28-2008, 07:56 AM
[quote=BearPhi;1019687]Well looks like I struck a nerve. Look if you want me to talk about who yall have beaten then I will, you guys beat NF 16-9. To me no one else is woth mentioning. O wait a sec i'd be remissed if I didn't mention that yall played a 7-4 team (A&M consolidated....And lost....The only other team in your district with a winning record) Another thing, talk all the crap in the world bout our defense but were not mesquite horn and giving up an average of 37 a game...Wait you can't talk about that either cuz Cove only scored 21 in that game! I'm not even close to being done. Best RB in the state??? in a decade??? Hmmmmm Adrian Peterson comes to mind, cedric benson, jamal charles...ect.(I don't want to be here all day). Please don't mention how weak our schedule is if you guys have played two 5a teams with a winning record and are 1 for 2. For those of you cove fans keeping score at home Horn was 4-6...like most the teams in your district. O since were comparing districts and all, how many teams in your district are still in the playoffs? just you! Ours: 2. And by the way that other team beat A&M consolidated by double figures(We beat them). hey dave had round rock been in your district they probably would have been 8-2? but they actually have some decent teams so they had to settle for 7 wins. Also I think you forgot to mention the fact that we beat lufkin pretty convincingly. I could do this all day but it doesn't mean anything. We will find out in 19 hrs or so. I hate to say it but I hope this cove team is better than last years. LC also lost to Mayde Creek 6-5 record in Katy's district. Quality 5A teams are just a little different than a really good 4A teams![/qu

A very well thought out post. Facts are facts and I'm sure you delevoped your opinion based on these facts. Like you pointed out everything you said means nothing. Cove isn't going to lay down for anybody including the Cy Ridge Rams. Should me a great game.

cyfallsbooster2
11-28-2008, 07:58 AM
It Football Friday, kickoff is at 730PM tonight. As of now the poll on this thread is tied and the score of the game is tied 0-0. Soon the players will take the field to play this exciting game. Strap it on, Go Dawgs, Get TUIT!

About 11-1/2 hours to game time. Here's to hoping the game is as even as the poll and the play as spirited as the posts! The kids and coaches will determine that! Good luck to both sides in staying healthy.:notworthy

Go, Rams! Rep well!

CoveMom
11-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Well,

After cruising a few other sites I find that our poll (even if most of us are homers) reflects the predictions of the "pros" fairly well.

Jerry's has Cove by 1

Padilla has Cove by 4

In my (not so humble) opinion, that pretty much says these teams are evenly matched and that Either Team Can Win this. I look forward to a hard-played smash mouth game where EVERYTHING must be left on the field for the eventual winner to have something left to go forward with. I pray for no injuries and even-handed officials. Oh, and no rain.

Go Dawgs! You have it in you, just get out there and show us how it's done!

See ya'll tonight. I'm even bringing LPMom (LP = Lufkin) to this game. Say hi to me, I'll be the one in Blue and Gold! ;)

DawgDave
11-28-2008, 08:31 AM

Better check your stats on the great RB's this state has turned out. Rodgers led them all in TD's and yards. Oh, we played Midland Lee and Cedric Benson in 1998 when Lee won state. They kicked out butt in the Regional Finals, but our RB outperformed Benson by a big margin. We haven't played Round Rock in quite a few years. Would it surprise you that none of those RR teams want to play us anymore and won't schedule us for pre-district games. We've told you Cove came out flat against A&M and didn't play a good game at all. You said your team did the same in one of its' losses, so consider that point moot.
You're right about one thing - we're about to find out and I don't think you're going to like the end result.

mcamp002
11-28-2008, 08:39 AM
For the benefit of all the Cy Ridge fans on here...here are a couple articles from our local papers around Cove about tonights game.

http://www.kdhpressbox.com/news/story.aspx?s=29614
http://www.tdtnews.com/story/2008/11/28/54013
http://www.kdhpressbox.com/news/story.aspx?s=29615

Tried to find any news stories on the game from the Cy Ridge side of things...couldn't find any...if anyone knows of any, please post.

BearPhi
11-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Better check your stats on the great RB's this state has turned out. Rodgers led them all in TD's and yards. Oh, we played Midland Lee and Cedric Benson in 1998 when Lee won state. They kicked out butt in the Regional Finals, but our RB outperformed Benson by a big margin. We haven't played Round Rock in quite a few years. Would it surprise you that none of those RR teams want to play us anymore and won't schedule us for pre-district games. We've told you Cove came out flat against A&M and didn't play a good game at all. You said your team did the same in one of its' losses, so consider that point moot.
You're right about one thing - we're about to find out and I don't think you're going to like the end result.

Point taken regarding coming out flat it happens...and I hope neither side has that happen tonight. I know that Rodgers holds several records, but if I had one game to win and had to choose a RB he wouldn't make my top five no doubt. Ive seen him play on two occasions in HS. Yes it's getting close to game time and I'm being filled with anticipation the closer 7:30 comes. Good luck Cove fans I'm done talking. Hope it's a good game.

covedawgfan
11-28-2008, 09:05 AM
One last thought, All you Cy Ridge fans drive with care, the roads are wet and it would be a shame to ruin the atmosphere of the game by an injury on the road. Be careful, Strap yourself in, Go Dawgs, Get TUIT!

txtaximom
11-28-2008, 09:07 AM
What is so scary about the Berry Center? It is an awesome stadium. Well, in about 5 hours I am off to Waco to cheer on the Cy-Ridge Rams and watch my daughter perform at halftime. Hope the rain holds off and the weather is not too bad. Don't really wanta to make the 3 hour drive in the rain either. Should be an exciting game!

ktCarl
11-28-2008, 09:26 AM
What is so scary about the Berry Center? It is an awesome stadium. Well, in about 5 hours I am off to Waco to cheer on the Cy-Ridge Rams and watch my daughter perform at halftime. Hope the rain holds off and the weather is not too bad. Don't really wanta to make the 3 hour drive in the rain either. Should be an exciting game!

Way to go girl!!!!! You'll have a great time. I'm glad you're going.

You can tell CoveMom that I will speak with her now.

DawgDave
11-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Point taken regarding coming out flat it happens...and I hope neither side has that happen tonight. I know that Rodgers holds several records, but if I had one game to win and had to choose a RB he wouldn't make my top five no doubt. Ive seen him play on two occasions in HS. Yes it's getting close to game time and I'm being filled with anticipation the closer 7:30 comes. Good luck Cove fans I'm done talking. Hope it's a good game.

"..he wouldn't make my top five no doubt."
Hm....ask Pete Carroll and USC about him!! Granted, he's a short running back, but nothing small about him.
I, too, hope this is a good one. Good luck to both teams and a good, hard fought, injury free game.
Now, where the hell's my beer at....................?

DawgDave
11-28-2008, 09:40 AM
One question please on the Berry Center. And I'm serious, not trying to be a dumbie.
Is Cy Ridge and the other Cypress teams inside Houston city limits or they just call you Houston Cy Ridge, etc., kind of like Westlake, although not in Austin, is called Austin Westlake, Austin Lake Travis, etc?
I think I saw pics of this facility a year or two ago if it's the one of thinking of, and it completely blew my mind. Must be lots of $$ in Cypress to afford that stadium.

Eldawgo
11-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Finally, Gameday! Well Cy Ridge fans...you all are a class act. It's been good posting with y'all. I will depart Cove at about 4pm so as to get a meal in Waco. If you'r coming to the game I wish you safe travels. As for the teams, the best to both groups of fine young men. I hope you enjoy watching my Dawgs as much as I'll be enjoying the Rams. Get'r Done!!!!

rmwestjr
11-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Cypress is located Northwest of Houston proper. Lots of good football in that part of the country. If you go West of Houston on I-10 you run into Katy. If you draw a line from Katy to The Woodlands, you run into Cypress and Klein going Northeast up that line.

Covedawg
11-28-2008, 11:11 AM
The day has finally arrived !! less then 10 hours to go

I will enjoy seeing Russell Sheppard play, that is the beauty of watching HS football. In the last 10 years of so, we at Cove have had the opportunity to see some stellar athletes, that have went to the next level and beyond

Vontez Duff(Copperas Cove, Notre Dame)
Robert Griffin(Copperas Cove, Baylor)
Cedric Benson (Midland Lee,Texas, Chicago Bears)
LaDainian Tomlinson (Waco University, TCU, San Diego Chargers)
Charles Tillman(Copperas Cove, Louisana-Lafayette, Chicago Bears)
--also 2003 NLF Rookie of the Year
Ryan Mallett( Texarkana, Michigan, Arkansas)
Jacquizz Rodgers (Lamar Consolidated, Oregon State)
Romance Taylor(Belton, Texas, Bell county jail)

these are a few I can think of off the top of my head

Rams fans drive safely, looking forward to a great game !!

as I said earlier
35-31 pick'em (I'm going with the Dawgs) I think it's a toss up though

GO DAWGS

jp744
11-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Giovanni Vizza Alamo Heights, North Texas! Can you stop the Sheppard Train? Big task tonight Dawgs. Good luck to both teams. This will be a great football game. Two good teams battle it out in a beautiful stadium I hope the weather holds up.

txtaximom
11-28-2008, 12:01 PM
The Berry Center is half way between 290 and I-10 West in Northwest Houston. I do not believe it is in the city limits of Houston. I don't live in the city limit and I am a little further in. Cypress is a suburb of Houston. It is a huge school district. There are lots of concerts at the Berry Center as well as graduations. There is also an arena football team that plays there. The classes of 2006 were the first to use it for graduation. When refer to the other events besides football, the other part is a coliseum with lots of meeting rooms and small theaters. It is a pretty incredible facility. In a couple of hours i will be departing for Waco. GO RAMS!!!!!

cyfallsbooster2
11-28-2008, 12:04 PM
One question please on the Berry Center. And I'm serious, not trying to be a dumbie.
Is Cy Ridge and the other Cypress teams inside Houston city limits or they just call you Houston Cy Ridge, etc., kind of like Westlake, although not in Austin, is called Austin Westlake, Austin Lake Travis, etc?
I think I saw pics of this facility a year or two ago if it's the one of thinking of, and it completely blew my mind. Must be lots of $$ in Cypress to afford that stadium.

It is outside the Houston City limits....for now. The stadium looks more impressive than it is because of the Educational Support Center attached to it, oh and of course the pretty brick on the outside of it. The stadium's cost itself was comparable to other recent "regional" stadiums, like GPISD (another nice one). Not so much $$ in Cypress as much as it is the shear amount of taxable property in the district. Starting next school year, we will have 10 high schools in CFISD with lots more open space to build. I think I heard a while back that the geograpical area of CFISD makes it one of the largest in the State.

cyfallsbooster2
11-28-2008, 12:07 PM
The day has finally arrived !! less then 10 hours to go

I will enjoy seeing Russell Sheppard play, that is the beauty of watching HS football. In the last 10 years of so, we at Cove have had the opportunity to see some stellar athletes, that have went to the next level and beyond

Vontez Duff(Copperas Cove, Notre Dame)
Robert Griffin(Copperas Cove, Baylor)
Cedric Benson (Midland Lee,Texas, Chicago Bears)
LaDainian Tomlinson (Waco University, TCU, San Diego Chargers)
Charles Tillman(Copperas Cove, Louisana-Lafayette, Chicago Bears)
--also 2003 NLF Rookie of the Year
Ryan Mallett( Texarkana, Michigan, Arkansas)
Jacquizz Rodgers (Lamar Consolidated, Oregon State)
Romance Taylor(Belton, Texas, Bell county jail)

these are a few I can think of off the top of my head

Rams fans drive safely, looking forward to a great game !!

as I said earlier
35-31 pick'em (I'm going with the Dawgs) I think it's a toss up though

GO DAWGS

Romance Taylor....funny. Sad in life, but funny in presentation.:notworthy

CCDawgs
11-28-2008, 12:15 PM
My Final Prediction :

Cove 31
Cy-Ridge 20

cyfallsbooster2
11-28-2008, 12:21 PM
My Final Prediction :

Cove 21
Cy-Ridge 30

There. Fixed it for ya'!:ninja:

Have fun at the game tonight!

DrTallo
11-28-2008, 12:48 PM

Hilarious

CCDawgs
11-28-2008, 01:06 PM

:D:notworthy This is got to be the best Cove game discussion ive ever seen on here! Best of luck to the Rams. Its going to be a shootout!

HtownHacker
11-28-2008, 01:28 PM
good luck rams. we'll be pullin' for ya'.

Covedawg
11-28-2008, 01:46 PM
there. Fixed it for ya'!:ninja:

classic !!!

cyfallsbooster2
11-28-2008, 01:57 PM
:D:notworthy This is got to be the best Cove game discussion ive ever seen on here! Best of luck to the Rams. Its going to be a shootout!

We enjoy supporting the kids and their efforts.......on both sides of the field!;) I can't wait! Already have TSRN tuned up and ready to go. MsBooster just left for her momma's for the weekend, so I get to yell and cheer as loud as I want sitting here in my study with a cold beverage.;) I thought last week's Lufkin game was going to be a tough one for Ridge, and it was. I am even more hyped about this one! Hope our district brothers can do it one more time!

GO RAMS!

Covedawg
11-28-2008, 02:04 PM
We enjoy supporting the kids and their efforts.......on both sides of the field!;) I can't wait! Already have TSRN tuned up and ready to go. MsBooster just left for her momma's for the weekend, so I get to yell and cheer as loud as I want sitting here in my study with a cold beverage.;) I thought last week's Lufkin game was going to be a tough one for Ridge, and it was. I am even more hyped about this one! Hope our district brothers can do it one more time!

GO RAMS!

I Also listened to Cy Ridge/Lufkin on TSRN last Sat....That is when I first said Holy Crap who the :Censor: is this Sheppard kid !!!:eek:

getting my rain & cold weather gear ready to go. . . .

GO DAWG
WHO
WHO
WHO LET THE DAWGS OUT

cyfallsbooster2
11-28-2008, 02:11 PM
I Also listened to Cy Ridge/Lufkin on TSRN last Sat....That is when I first said Holy Crap who the :Censor: is this Sheppard kid !!!:eek:

getting my rain & cold weather gear ready to go. . . .

GO DAWG
WHO
WHO
WHO LET THE DAWGS OUT

An amazing athlete and kid. In the Lufkin game he started taking over with about 10 secs left in the 1st half. From there he just kept it going. He also does alot of things in his community with younger kids and people really start to like him when he speaks. Ego is very well in check and confident. Very humble for his recognition.

Stay warm and keep your wick dry!:D

Covedawg
11-28-2008, 02:23 PM
An amazing athlete and kid. In the Lufkin game he started taking over with about 10 secs left in the 1st half. From there he just kept it going. He also does alot of things in his community with younger kids and people really start to like him when he speaks. Ego is very well in check and confident. Very humble for his recognition.

Stay warm and keep your wick dry!:D

Robert Griffin is the same kind of kid. He was at one of the games this season when Baylor had an off week. I spoke to him in the stands at 1/2 time. Everything was "yes sir".....very humble, then he sat in aisle and had 5-6 little kiddos sitting there , and I heard him telling them to keep their grades up and not to mess with beer and drugs, one had a football and he was showing him the proper way to grip, etc......

Sounds like Sheppard is cut of the same cloth......

DrTallo
11-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Im going to go to the bank than im off to Waco. I hope I dont crash cause when you have a 04' Mustang you tend to get a little heavy foot. I also got my two bros and my aunt and cousins following me. Oh yeah Rudy's BBQ before the game!!! Yes Sir!!! See yall back tonight!

CCDawgs
11-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Im going to go to the bank than im off to Waco. I hope I dont crash cause when you have a 04' Mustang you tend to get a little heavy foot. I also got my two bros and my aunt and cousins following me. Oh yeah Rudy's BBQ before the game!!! Yes Sir!!! See yall back tonight!

be safe! Have a good trip! It will be worth it!

DawgsFanForLife
11-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Lets go DAWGS time to get ready to spank a little *** and move on to the 4th round.

DFFL

cyfallsbooster2
11-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Lets go DAWGS time to get ready to spank a little *** and move on to the 4th round.

DFFL

The Rams may have a little sumptin' to say about that!;)

CCDawgs
11-28-2008, 04:04 PM
The Rams may have a little sumptin' to say about that!;)

Im sure they will. But not enough to say :D;)

farmersfight
11-28-2008, 04:09 PM
I am departing for Waco. Good luck to both teams. Cy Ridge fans be safe on your trip. Go Dawgs!!!!

Primetime254
11-28-2008, 04:26 PM

DFFL

...again:D

Favpack
11-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Good luck both teams - hopefully it is not raining badly there?

CCDawgs
11-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Good luck both teams - hopefully it is not raining badly there?

its pretty wet down in cove today so im assuming its gonna be wet in waco!

onechase
11-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Good luck tonite CY RIDGE!!!!!:)

TXMike
11-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Is the game being webcast anywhere?

sportsmom28
11-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Is the game being webcast anywhere?

Yes TSRN has it

GO RIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

DawgsFanForLife