PDA

View Full Version : Austin Bowie 14 SA Madison 7 Halftime

d-train
11-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Defense is why Judson make deep runs and why Madison doesn't. Evident P-ville is better than Madison. Finish'em Dawgs!

bowiedawgs01
11-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Both defenses are playing decent. Aided by the wind.

d-train
11-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Both defenses are playing decent. Aided by the wind.
Bowie wins and Judson loses (trailing to Stevens and former Reagan assistant Bridges, 14-6) semifinals for Bowie!

Bass
11-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Bowie wins and Judson loses (trailing to Stevens and former Reagan assistant Bridges, 14-6) semifinals for Bowie!

Uh... it's 14-12 Stevens with about 10 minutes left in the 4th...

mad_fan
11-14-2008, 09:42 PM
td mad...

Bass
11-14-2008, 09:44 PM
td mad...

Woo hoo! Sorry Bowie.

d-train
11-14-2008, 09:44 PM
19-14 6 minutes left. If Bowie scores, its over.

Bass
11-14-2008, 09:58 PM
semifinals for Bowie!

Not quite. :rolleyes:

mad_fan
11-14-2008, 10:20 PM
19-14 6 minutes left. If Bowie scores, its over.

If not...It's...OVER...:notworthy

longhorn3
11-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Wow Madison beat Bowie now looks as if they might actually do something in the playoffs...congrats Bowie for a great season...Keep it going Mavs

chainsaw83
11-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Defense is why Judson make deep runs and why Madison doesn't. Evident P-ville is better than Madison. Finish'em Dawgs!

LMAO.

nice call. :notworthy

CKE
11-14-2008, 11:29 PM
LMAO.

The guy is a plain tool

mad_fan
11-14-2008, 11:30 PM
LMAO.

d-railed...:notworthy

svhorns
11-14-2008, 11:31 PM

:notworthy

CKE

:notworthy

mad_fan
The guy is a plain tool

Why are you being so nice tonight???
Lonny=tool....
d-train is no lonny...

CKE
11-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Why are you being so nice tonight???
Lonny=tool....
d-train is no lonny...

damn close...you should see the stats he is throwing around in another thread right now...trying to justify why P-ville is the best because Westlake beat 26-5A's 4th place team....its almost funny

bowiedawgs01
11-14-2008, 11:34 PM
He's not a 25-5A fan. He's not an AISD fan. He hates on Pville's coaching staff. He hates on Pville Connally's staff. I'm not really sure who he's a fan of. He just talks crap.

chainsaw83
11-14-2008, 11:43 PM
speaking of defenses though, Madison's did a hell of a job tonight!! That defense is why Madison was able to get out with a win. Bowie only had one drive of any merit all night. I hope we see this defense every week from here on out.

mad_fan
11-14-2008, 11:44 PM
damn close...you should see the stats he is throwing around in another thread right now...trying to justify why P-ville is the best because Westlake beat 26-5A's 4th place team....its almost funny

he was off the tracks long before the playoffs...:)

mad_fan
11-14-2008, 11:45 PM
speaking of defenses though, Madison's did a hell of a job tonight!! That defense is why Madison was able to get out with a win. Bowie only had one drive of any merit all night. I hope we see this defense every week from here on out.

special teams on the other hand...

bowiedawgs01
11-14-2008, 11:58 PM

Your D played great. But they will have to play even better. Don't take much stock in holding Bowie to 14 when we were missing our 2 biggest playmakers.

saMavsFan
11-15-2008, 01:03 AM

Only 1 drive? I think its pretty substantial when you score from the 1 yard line!:D Ugly game tonight, but the defense shut the 12th ranked offense out in the 2nd half. Great job Mavs, keep on rolling!!

Bowie, you guys have absolute class! I can't count how many times your players helped our players up after the end of a play. That's the kind of thing that is taught, so my hat is off to your entire program.:notworthy

chainsaw83
11-15-2008, 01:06 AM
special teams on the other hand...

As soon as you know that ball is over your head... just let it go. Good lord. Madison's defense held Bowie to 7. Not 14. Getting a turnover at the Madison 1 doesn't count as a scoring drive. IMO. lol

Madison doesn't look nearly as good as they looked last year at this point, and that's kind of sad considering the amount of injuries the Mavs had last season. They're going to need help getting to simis this season.

NEXT year on the other hand, is going to be awesome!!! Madison is going to be LOADED next year. Not that they're not loaded this year, but when all these sophomores and juniors are juniors and seniors, we're gonna be deadly!!! Does anyone know who is going to be the QB next season? That's going to be crucial to the success of this team next season.

saMavsFan
11-15-2008, 01:13 AM
As soon as you know that ball is over your head... just let it go. Good lord. Madison's defense held Bowie to 7. Not 14. Getting a turnover at the Madison 1 doesn't count as a scoring drive. IMO. lol

Madison doesn't look nearly as good as they looked last year at this point, and that's kind of sad considering the amount of injuries the Mavs had last season. They're going to need help getting to simis this season.

NEXT year on the other hand, is going to be awesome!!! Madison is going to be LOADED next year. Not that they're not loaded this year, but when all these sophomores and juniors are juniors and seniors, we're gonna be deadly!!! Does anyone know who is going to be the QB next season? That's going to be crucial to the success of this team next season.

We heard echoes of this for 10 minutes tonight. But hey, X hasn't returned a kick all year long. Why tonight of all nights they made the switch was beyond me.

It looks like Kevin Cortez. I've seen this guy run and throw. Arm strength is improving, which is scary considering he's just a slight notch behind Gutierrez in that department. He runs very well too. He doesn't quite have Leo's speed, but he is a very skilled runner.

chainsaw83
11-15-2008, 01:22 AM
We heard echoes of this for 10 minutes tonight. But hey, X hasn't returned a kick all year long. Why tonight of all nights they made the switch was beyond me.

It looks like Kevin Cortez. I've seen this guy run and throw. Arm strength is improving, which is scary considering he's just a slight notch behind Gutierrez in that department. He runs very well too. He doesn't quite have Leo's speed, but he is a very skilled runner.

can he see over the line?

saMavsFan
11-15-2008, 01:25 AM
He's a pretty big kid. He's taller than Leo by 3 or so inches. Outweighs Leo by about 10 pounds I think. He'll be a gamer.

chainsaw83
11-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Is he a junior or soph right now?

bowiedawgs01
11-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Bowie, you guys have absolute class! I can't count how many times your players helped our players up after the end of a play. That's the kind of thing that is taught, so my hat is off to your entire program.:notworthy

Hey, Bowie can be called a lot of things, but not unsportsmanlike or lacking class.

Thanks.

saMavsFan
11-15-2008, 03:10 AM
Is he a junior or soph right now?

He's a junior.

MADFAN#1
11-15-2008, 10:05 AM
defense is why judson make deep runs and why madison doesn't. Evident p-ville is better than madison. Finish'em dawgs!

not this judson!!!

MADFAN#1
11-15-2008, 10:06 AM

Where are u getting you info:rolleyes::rolleyes:

MADFAN#1
11-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Your D played great. But they will have to play even better. Don't take much stock in holding Bowie to 14 when we were missing our 2 biggest playmakers.

Never would have picked you for one who makes excuses. Game should not have been as close as it was. Madison played down to their competion. After that first play they thought it was going to be a cruise. Madison kept shooting themselves in the foot all night long. Running back had three fumbles, luckily not losing any. Numerous bad snaps in the shotgun. Gave you a gift with that muffed punt. They also dropped three TD passes that would have put the game away. Would have been difficult catches but #8 usually makes those catches. Granted Bowie's defense stepped it up a few times, but Madison should have won this one a lot easier.

Bottomline
11-15-2008, 10:30 AM

BowieDawg, I've said this before ( to another pollster) , You are whinning to the wrong team. Madison went deep into the playoffs last year with FIVE starters OUT at the skill position, that's not including the line. With what may have probably been one of the best RB's in the state included in that bunch. EVERYONE has injuries this time of year. Roosevelt had mutiple players out, no mention of that here lately. Bowie has a good team and played with alot of class. Team speed seemed to have given them an overall problem but they put up a great fight. No need to hang their heads, they showed great sportsmanship and were coahed well.