PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Upset over SLC

WildcatFan
11-21-2005, 04:00 PM
I am predicting upset this weekend in Waco, let's see who else agrees.

toonman
11-21-2005, 04:02 PM

What are the facts to support your predicition or is this just a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling you have.

Redneckn
11-21-2005, 04:05 PM
The game is in Waco? Saturday? Time?

I may go see that...

KatyTigerDad0407
11-21-2005, 04:07 PM
I predict that Abilene will be pretty upset.

Dargason
11-21-2005, 04:07 PM
I kind of doubt the upset, but I'm curious what a really windy outdoor game might do to SLC's air game. This time of year the wind can really kick up, probably more out west than in Waco, but ya never know. If SLC gets a blustery evening and a team with a strong ground game and solid run defense simultaneously it might make things a lot more difficult for them.

Phoenixrising05
11-21-2005, 04:09 PM
you dissapoint me Redneckn you've seemed like a pretty sensible guy in your other posts :confused:

stevefoxsc
11-21-2005, 04:11 PM
i hope not as soon as TX team falls of the national poll's all i hear is omg tx football is so over rated and blah blah blah yackitty smackitty

nate
11-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Not a chance in the Devil's playground.

Mad Hatter
11-21-2005, 04:16 PM
lol once again in going to defend the Dragons, abilene started this crap last year granted the game was close ill give ya that but ima go with SLC.

Redneckn
11-21-2005, 04:24 PM
you dissapoint me Redneckn you've seemed like a pretty sensible guy in your other posts :confused:

What the heck did I say? I just asked if the game was sat. and what time..
What's wrong with that?

UT66
11-21-2005, 04:26 PM
The weather is going to play a more and more important role as we get deeper into the playoffs. Saturdays games will be windy and wet according to the prognosticators.

drgnbkr
11-21-2005, 05:12 PM
The weather is going to play a more and more important role as we get deeper into the playoffs. Saturdays games will be windy and wet according to the prognosticators.

The game is Friday night, Floyd Casey at 7:00 or 7:30

KTHoC
11-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Well atleast you may dodge ( no pun intended) some of the rain predicted for Saturday. Have to go with a NO! Abilene may hang in there for most of the game, but, SLC will walk out the winner.

Redneckn
11-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Friday nite? Well, crap. Can't go now. I have to work 'til 7pm Friday nite.
That figures. I wonder if it will be on the web anywhere.

southlake thug
11-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Yeah I am going to be out of town - anyone got the website for the radio?

thestud
11-21-2005, 05:43 PM
at first when i read this i wasnt going to vote, because i know full well we are capable of beating SLC, or "upsetting" as you guys call it. but whether we were going to play to our potential would remain to be seen until friday at about 10:15 pm. but talking with a bunch of the guys today, i feel confident this will be better than last year's game. make no mistake about folks, abilene is coming to waco to win, not to keep it respectable. they're coming to lay the wood and prove why we should not be taken lightly.

dragonfootballfan
11-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Yeah I am going to be out of town - anyone got the website for the radio?
Carroll football games radio station (http://www.kkgmam.com/)
I think this station will be having the game on friday. They have a pregame show 30 minutes prior to the game

dragonfootballfan
11-21-2005, 05:50 PM
does anyone have any reasons why Abilene will win other than the cliche, "every Friday night...."

PowerPack'd
11-21-2005, 05:58 PM
I kind of doubt the upset, but I'm curious what a really windy outdoor game might do to SLC's air game. This time of year the wind can really kick up, probably more out west than in Waco, but ya never know. If SLC gets a blustery evening and a team with a strong ground game and solid run defense simultaneously it might make things a lot more difficult for them.

We played the our last two games at Waco ISD and it has been windy there. It affected our passing game. If it is windy SLC will need to stick to their shorter timing patterns. They did that well against us last year.

PowerPack'd
11-21-2005, 06:01 PM
at first when i read this i wasnt going to vote, because i know full well we are capable of beating SLC, or "upsetting" as you guys call it. but whether we were going to play to our potential would remain to be seen until friday at about 10:15 pm. but talking with a bunch of the guys today, i feel confident this will be better than last year's game. make no mistake about folks, abilene is coming to waco to win, not to keep it respectable. they're coming to lay the wood and prove why we should not be taken lightly.

We would expect nothing less. Lufkin went to Waco last year to win as well. We came close, but SLC is hard to keep down for very long (as we all know).

WILDCAT27
11-21-2005, 06:57 PM
it will be an awesome game bc both teams are very good again this year. i think abiline will put up a fight like last years match up, but i think slc will sneak out with the win. if plano gets by midland this week it would be an awesome
"old school" vs "new school" match up

SanAngeloBobcat
11-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Abilene's bread and butter is their passing game too, so if the wind effects Carroll's passing game, it is going to effect Abilene's as well.

SmilinTiger
11-21-2005, 08:11 PM
We would expect nothing less. Lufkin went to Waco last year to win as well. We came close, but SLC is hard to keep down for very long (as we all know).

OK. Here's the secret to beating SLC. Take the lead in the last two minutes of the game. Then intercept the ball back.

Simple. Been there. Done that. Hello.

dragonsdaddy
11-21-2005, 08:54 PM
OK. Here's the secret to beating SLC. Take the lead in the last two minutes of the game. Then intercept the ball back.

Simple. Been there. Done that. Hello.
simple to type, i agree. simple to accomplish? let's see if the recipe is still good. love those tv games.

yankee
11-21-2005, 09:31 PM
slc's defense is better this year so that might mean less points for abilene. r they a running team or a passing team or balanced?

Solve Et Coagula
11-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Abilene runs counter a bit and uses TEs so they have some balance to them

yankee
11-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Abilene runs counter a bit and uses TEs so they have some balance to them
but its not an air-it-out like slc though right?

Solve Et Coagula
11-21-2005, 09:41 PM
i not sure i would have to bust out some film but i think it is a running team mainly

Shoot2thrill
11-21-2005, 09:44 PM
but its not an air-it-out like slc though right?

Yankee, we have run for 2209 yards this year and thrown for about 2800 so I would say it's pretty balanced. :)

Solve Et Coagula
11-21-2005, 09:46 PM
thanks for the stats

Plano Wildcat Fan
11-21-2005, 10:38 PM
NO upset here. It's destiny for SLC & Plano to play in the region finals.

3-5A will be swept away.

SLCalumni
11-21-2005, 11:28 PM
it's not gonna matter if abeline is balanced or not. the fact of the matter is SLC's amazing defense this year. this defense is arguably the best we've had in a while. both playoff games thus far should have been shut-outs but the teams scored in the fourth, after the game was decided. if you keep pressure on southlake, the defense will answer and leave other offenses with quite a handful.

by the way...allen had 13 total yards of offense in the first half, and we had 15 off of scott simpson's interception (not to mention 38 pts)...good defense?

SLCalumni
11-21-2005, 11:32 PM
**15 yards on defense...to make that clearer

Shoot2thrill
11-22-2005, 06:01 AM
by the way...allen had 13 total yards of offense in the first half, and we had 15 off of scott simpson's interception (not to mention 38 pts)...good defense?

We are not Allen. ;)

Dawg Fan
11-22-2005, 07:59 AM
it's not gonna matter if abeline is balanced or not. the fact of the matter is SLC's amazing defense this year. this defense is arguably the best we've had in a while. both playoff games thus far should have been shut-outs but the teams scored in the fourth, after the game was decided. if you keep pressure on southlake, the defense will answer and leave other offenses with quite a handful.

first off its Abilene not abeline
second ( and I am just interested) what tough teams has SLC played this year?
Both teams are undefeated and it should be a good game.

Dawg Fan
11-22-2005, 08:00 AM
NO upset here. It's destiny for SLC & Plano to play in the region finals.

3-5A will be swept away.

man are you gonna be disappointed this week :D

dragons08
11-22-2005, 09:55 PM
hmm let me think about this...

SLC! :D

toonman
11-26-2005, 12:39 PM

Wow - You were right. No one prediceted that Abilene would be slaughtered. That was some upset.

dragonsdaddy
11-26-2005, 12:44 PM
We are not Allen. ;)
sameole sameole however. the lb carroll and the rb were difference makers last year, that weren't well replaced. how does next year's team look, returning starter/letterman wise?

toonman
11-26-2005, 01:02 PM

There are 37 posters who need to reassess their game prediction skills.