PDA

View Full Version : A&M Consolidated vs. berkner

a&mconsoltiger
11-19-2005, 06:06 PM
never heard of this team until this year,who are their main go to guys and what is the score yall predict

BHS0005
11-19-2005, 06:10 PM
well im not gonna go into detail but u have never seen an offense quite like ours

a&mconsoltiger
11-19-2005, 06:27 PM
well im not gonna go into detail but u have never seen an offense quite like ours

oh really,im sure yalls offense cant too much better than coves,or the woodlands

owldog
11-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Berkners has a great offense but their defense is good also. They recovered 4 interceptions today

owldog
11-19-2005, 06:49 PM
When and where will they be playing? I heard A&M coaches and Berkners coach will toss for home advatange.

BHS0005
11-19-2005, 06:51 PM
430 saturday at texas stadium.... but dont quote me on this one

Dusty Bottoms
11-19-2005, 09:48 PM
They recovered 4 interceptions today
what????

ACM Dad
11-19-2005, 09:51 PM
what????

I guess they caught them, then they dropped them, then they got them back again. Weird, but to do it 4 times? Bizarre.

Aggie
11-19-2005, 09:54 PM
same thing Pflugerville said about their O and Cobb..who rushed for a mere 50 something yards on ACM's defense. Dont know much about Berkner..but to win they will have establish the passing game..teams have not had much success running the ball on ACM..they really fly to the ball. Playing some great defense and their offense has really caught fire in the playoffs..very dnagerous team playing their best football of the year

Z3Roadstar
11-19-2005, 10:34 PM
The UIL web site has it as 4:30 at Texas Stadium on Friday (so I'm guessing its official), following the Highland Park/Ennis game. I'm guessing there will be another game following it also.

ACM Dad
11-19-2005, 10:39 PM
I'd actually prefer to see the game on Friday, try to keep with a "normal" week (as much as possible). As for the A&M/TU game, I can TIVO the devastation.

owlfan 1
11-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Ya'll know what Owldog meant...

As for Berkner, they run the wishbone as well as anyone I've seen since Mesquite in 2001 and Lake Highlands in the 90's. If you have not played against a 'bone team, it is unlike anything you've seen.

Berkner has a pretty good defense, too. Don't try to lob balls over the heads of the D ends or you'll be chasing him down the sideline trying to trip him up before he scores...

PonyExpress81
11-19-2005, 10:49 PM
We have seen your offense, your coach is Jim Ledford from Madisonville. he was head coach for several seasons at Madisonville HS which is right next door to us. He runs sweep left & sweep right - option left option right. He's done that for the past 15 years! He has never done much offensively as a coach but he can put together one heck of a defense.

ACM Dad
11-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Ya'll know what Owldog meant...

As for Berkner, they run the wishbone as well as anyone I've seen since Mesquite in 2001 and Lake Highlands in the 90's. If you have not played against a 'bone team, it is unlike anything you've seen.

Berkner has a pretty good defense, too. Don't try to lob balls over the heads of the D ends or you'll be chasing him down the sideline trying to trip him up before he scores...

Thanks for the update. I like our chances even more now.

Aggie
11-19-2005, 10:56 PM
ok does anybody know for sure when the game is. KBTX out of College Station and the UIL website say Friday..The Eagle (newspaper out of college station) and the A&M Consol athletic web site say Saturday?

Consol Tiger
11-19-2005, 10:59 PM
do you have a link to where it says it on the uil website, i couldnt find it

ACM Dad
11-19-2005, 10:59 PM
ok does anybody know for sure when the game is. KBTX out of College Station and the UIL website say Friday..The Eagle (newspaper out of college station) and the A&M Consol athletic web site say Saturday?

We'll all figure it out soon enough. I don't think anyone knows for sure at this point with all the conflicts. Someone call Coach and wake him up. The 5ATexasFootball.com website is demanding an answer!

ACM Dad
11-19-2005, 11:00 PM
do you have a link to where it says it on the uil website, i couldnt find it

It's on the official bracket.

Aggie
11-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Berkner website is saying Friday as well :mad:
why would Slaughter agree to this? If on Friday I would think he would at least try to get the game in Waco so people could make both the Aggie and Consol game..really dissapointed

Z3Roadstar
11-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Here's the link for the UIL's brackets...

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/brackets/football/index.html

DawgsFanForLife
11-19-2005, 11:06 PM
430 on a Friday seems a little odd but it is a holiday for a lot of people.
I would love to go and will keep tabs on this game as my DAWGS play on Friday night in Waco.

GOOD LUCK AMC!!!

DFFL

ACM Dad
11-19-2005, 11:07 PM
Berkner website is saying Friday as well :mad:
why would Slaughter agree to this? If on Friday I would think he would at least try to get the game in Waco so people could make both the Aggie and Consol game..really dissapointed

The 4 coaches of this weeks' teams all voted this past week on where the 2 winners would play. Coach Slaughter voted for Waco, the other 3 (including Pflugerville) voted on Texas Stadium.

As far as the day of play is concerned, I'm not sure how that is picked. But don't fault Slaughter for the location.

Aggie
11-19-2005, 11:18 PM
The 4 coaches of this weeks' teams all voted this past week on where the 2 winners would play. Coach Slaughter voted for Waco, the other 3 (including Pflugerville) voted on Texas Stadium.

Pflugerville has had a very tough time in WacoISD stadium. I'm sure their coach wanted to be as far from Waco as possible.

As far as the day of play is concerned, I'm not sure how that is picked. But don't fault Slaughter for the location.

It cannot work that way..if the vote is not unanimous, there will be a coin flip. There was no coin flip as far as I know.

and besides if Pflugerville voted not to play the Quaterfinlas in Waco, why would they agree to play the Regional Finals there?

Consol Tiger
11-19-2005, 11:25 PM
It cannot work that way..if the vote is not unanimous, there will be a coin flip. There was no coin flip as far as I know.

and besides if Pflugerville voted not to play the Quaterfinlas in Waco, why would they agree to play the Regional Finals there?

they probably voted against waco and everybody else voted for it

Aggie
11-19-2005, 11:29 PM
they probably voted against waco but everybody else voted for it
then why would the game be played at Texas stadium?
ACM dad is saying that Consol is the only team out of Berkner, Rowlett, Pflugerville and ACM that voted on Waco ISD instead of Texas Stadium. And that Pflugerville didnt vote on Waco ISD b/c of their history there. So again why would they agree to play the Regionals there and not the quaterfinals?

Consol Tiger
11-19-2005, 11:31 PM
i was saying pflugerville didnt want to play in waco last night either... and it was played there because everybody else voted for it

owlfan 1
11-19-2005, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the update. I like our chances even more now.

...and people think Owl fans are cocky? Sheesh... :rolleyes:

DawgsFanForLife
11-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Lol

PonyExpress81
11-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Richardson runs the wishbone - 90% time the outside option play mix in a few outside sweeps and you have it. The coach is Jim Ledford who used to coach next door to us at Madisonville High school. Not much of an offensive genius but a very good defensive coach, best thing is we can play spread or multiple option run from wing T. Our defense practices almost everyday against what Richardson will be running at us already. We just gotta get more points on the board against a very good defensive team. Ledford uses on-side kicks quite often on kickoffs - kind of like Bryan a couple years ago. Ledford has his DE to drop back in pass coverage in short yardage passing situations. Old school football - it just takes an old school football coach to teach his defense how to defend this style of play - I think coach Slaughter can handle this pretty easy, He's has been out of college for a few years and he probably read about this type of offense that they call the wishbone. I heard some aggies say that coach slaughter's college coach may have actually invented the wishbone at some encampment down on the Colorado River. Clearlake Falcons found that history book last year and ran plays out of the book of Wish Bone all season. It took them pretty far into the playoffs last year as well when all these 7 on 7 teams didn't know what to do against it. But even the Longhorns & Sooners eventually abandoned "The Bone"!

Tigers listen to Coaches Slaughter & Coach Clemmons they grew up playing "The Bone" and know exactly how to shut it down.

TIGERS ROLL BERKNER BY 3 TD's!!!!!!

ACM Dad
11-19-2005, 11:44 PM
My fault for interjecting my own commentary into what I heard first hand from Coach Slaughter.

My comment about Pflugerville wanting to stay away from Waco was my own opinion since they've had such a damn hard time playing in that stadium. I only assume that the Woodlands/Westlake/Conol coaches voted for Waco and perhaps Pflugerville did not? I don't know.

But, I did get the info from Coach directly about the two Dallas schools and Pflugerville voting for Texas Stadium while Consol wanted Waco. I trust that statement.

Sorry for interjecting my own opinion such that it appeared to be fact. I'll go back and correct my original assertation.

GRP05
11-19-2005, 11:48 PM
It's good to hear that we've got some Garland fans on our side. We had a great fan turnout today...I hope we can have even more next week! But still, good luck to A&M...I don't know anything about them; it should be an interesting game.

Consol Tiger
11-19-2005, 11:49 PM
ACMDad, how do you copy your pictures and post them on message boards, i tried bet it kept sayin somethin about javascript instead of .jpg

ACM Dad
11-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Richardson runs the wishbone - 90% time the outside option play mix in a few outside sweeps and you have it. The coach is Jim Ledford who used to coach next door to us at Madisonville High school. Not much of an offensive genius but a very good defensive coach, best thing is we can play spread or multiple option run from wing T. Our defense practices almost everyday against what Richardson will be running at us already. We just gotta get more points on the board against a very good defensive team. Ledford uses on-side kicks quite often on kickoffs - kind of like Bryan a couple years ago. Ledford has his DE to drop back in pass coverage in short yardage passing situations. Old school football - it just takes an old school football coach to teach his defense how to defend this style of play - I think coach Slaughter can handle this pretty easy, He's has been out of college for a few years and he probably read about this type of offense that they call the wishbone. I heard some aggies say that coach slaughter's college coach may have actually invented the wishbone at some encampment down on the Colorado River. Clearlake Falcons found that history book last year and ran plays out of the book of Wish Bone all season. It took them pretty far into the playoffs last year as well when all these 7 on 7 teams didn't know what to do against it. But even the Longhorns & Sooners eventually abandoned "The Bone"!

Tigers listen to Coaches Slaughter & Coach Clemmons they grew up playing "The Bone" and know exactly how to shut it down.

TIGERS ROLL BERKNER BY 3 TD's!!!!!!

And, Owlfan thought I was being cocky? Haha!

My point is that we have been on a holy terror when it comes to stopping the run lately. Our defense is extremely quick and athletic. I like our chances. Our O-Line has just dominated two well-respected playoff teams. Our QB has played nearly error free the last two weeks. Our running game is clicking and our receivers are extremely dangerous, especially when you look at yards after the catch. Our special teams are disciplined and our kicker is lights-out.

What's not to like? Nothing at this level is easy, but I do like our chances.

ACM Dad
11-19-2005, 11:57 PM
ACMDad, how do you copy your pictures and post them on message boards, i tried bet it kept sayin somethin about javascript instead of .jpg

I right click on the picture I want to use, go to Properties, and I copy the URL.

Then you put the url in between the following vBulletin code:

{img}http://yourURL.com/yourpic.jpg{/img} BUT you have to use brackets [ ] instead of { }. If I use the brackets in my example above, it wouldn't show up as text.

Just click on the Quote button of this message and look at what I did to host this picture below. Just make sure you don't post something that is too large in file size or so big that it shifts all the posts off the screen a bit. Forum ettiqutte would suggest that nothing bigger than 640x480 is acceptable.

Junior Kicker Matt Szymanski (sp?) has committed to Texas A&M.

http://tigerpics.smugmug.com/photos/45183832-M.jpg

GRP05
11-19-2005, 11:58 PM

My point is that we have been on a holy terror when it comes to stopping the run lately. Our defense is extremely quick and athletic. I like our chances. Our O-Line has just dominated two well-respected playoff teams. Our QB has played nearly error free the last two weeks. Our running game is clicking and our receivers are extremely dangerous, especially when you look at yards after the catch. Our special teams are disciplined and our kicker is lights-out.

What's not to like? Nothing at this level is easy, but I do like our chances.

Fair enough...

Consol Tiger
11-20-2005, 12:01 AM
http://tigerpics.smugmug.com/gallery/979199/24/45184844.jpg

GRP05
11-20-2005, 12:03 AM
javascript:window.open('http://TigerPics.smugmug.com/photos/popup.mg?popUp=true&ImageID=45184844&Size=Original','photo45184844','toolbar=no,scrollb ars=yes,resizable=yes,width=1130,height=824'); void('');

Denied...

Consol Tiger
11-20-2005, 12:03 AM
pretty much, for some reason i cant do it from that website

i know how to do it from like google images and stuff just not on the "smug-mug" website

http://www.richardcooper.biz/imagesfolder/Tiger1.jpg

i got that off google

i just cant seem to do it on smug mug

ACM Dad
11-20-2005, 12:08 AM
I looked at your code. You are trying to copy the large sized files. dont' do that.

When you are looking at the main screen for a gallery, the one where there are a lot of small thumbnails on the left and a medium sized picture on the right, I am linking to that medium sized picture on the right. Right click on that medium sized pic and then go to properties and copy the URL.

Notice the "M" in the link below...

http://tigerpics.smugmug.com/photos/45183832-M.jpg

owlfan 1
11-20-2005, 12:09 AM

LOL! Should be a great game. I'd love to see it, but I'll have some business to attend to in Waco on Friday night.

GIG 'EM OWLS!!!

Consol Tiger
11-20-2005, 12:11 AM
http://TigerPics.smugmug.com/photos/45184844-M.jpg

oh snap

Consol Tiger
11-20-2005, 12:13 AM
thanks for the help

GRP05
11-20-2005, 12:21 AM
http://berkner.s405.sureserver.com/gallery/albums/Rowlett/rowlett_17.jpg

Consol Tiger
11-20-2005, 12:23 AM
http://TigerPics.smugmug.com/photos/45180232-M.jpg

Consol Tiger
11-20-2005, 12:29 AM
http://TigerPics.smugmug.com/photos/40943478-M.jpg

i think im holding

Brant_Scott_76
11-20-2005, 12:39 AM
good luck berkner, this should be an intresting game scence we have never played before

Brant_Scott_76
11-20-2005, 12:47 AM
nm

Consol Tiger
11-20-2005, 12:53 AM
great sack last night brant........ it kinda sucked that they got that big gain on the next play but still, you shot right through the o-line and got the qb

Brant_Scott_76
11-20-2005, 12:59 AM
great sack last night brant........ it kinda sucked that they got that big gain on the next play but still, you shot right through the o-line and got the qb

thanx man i appreciate it, yea that next play people just lined up wrong and it went perfect for what they ran, but we are getting better each week, hopefully we can keep rolling

ACM Dad
11-20-2005, 09:49 AM
When was that sack? 2nd half photos are uploading this AM... I think I broke the 1000 barrier this game. A new personal best (or worst as you may).

I've had a few folks complain about the sheer number of photos, but I figure if you take enough, eventually there will be a couple of good ones. Plus, if you are a kid that doesn't get to play too often and I get shots of that kid(s), then I've made some families really happy.

Otherwise, my OCD behavior will give y'all something to look at all winter when football is finally over... :)

YuccaRoot
11-20-2005, 10:57 AM
AMC Dad,

Keep shooting...never too many photos. Your photos are the best.

BHS0005
11-20-2005, 11:05 AM
I love how Berkner doesn't get any respect, but it's all good. A&M must be good if they could beat the Woodlands and Pflugerville. It should be a good game. We love being the underdog

PonyExpress81
11-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Enough about the Pictures & Game Day - we actually have a very important game this week! Get focused!

http://berkner.s405.sureserver.com/main/staticpages/index.php?page=20050825171452917

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=103055

tigertrainer08
11-20-2005, 11:16 AM
the reason why it's friday is because P-ville had the 4:30 time slot on Saturday, and we weren't next in line to get it. So we had no choice but Friday.

The A&M Texas game is going to be a track meet anyways, why go and watch A&M get killed?

I don't know if that game's going to effect the crowd, but I would hope not, since we are deep in the playoffs now, and we haven't been in the playoffs for awhile. It's going to be a good showdown.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!:)

grayowl60
11-20-2005, 12:03 PM
I dont have a dog in this fight, but I saw theRams for One half (thats all I needed to see) Saturday. WOW, quick, big, well coached, and they hit. Weak district? Maybe. State title contender? Absolutely!

Dusty Bottoms
11-20-2005, 12:09 PM
yeah if this game is on Friday..which it appears it is..that makes no sense from a Consol standpoint.
Obviously Consol wants as many fans possible at the game..why play a game that conflicts with the A&M-Texas game.
there are many fans, myself included, which would be going to the Consol game but not now because of the A&M game.
Consol's crowd will be smaller because of the time conflict.

Dusty Bottoms
11-20-2005, 12:13 PM
It will effect the crowd because people are not going to just eat the $85 A&M tickets..if they have tickets they are going to the A&M game.

this is an unfortunate situation...I would say that it will have a big impact on the Consol attendance.

BHS03
11-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Haha, man up and make the drive. I've got two friends who snagged tickets for the UT/A&M game, and they plan leaving a bit early and driving straight back home to catch the Berkner/Consol game. Caravan from Kyle Field to Texas Stadium. :)

No, but seriously that does suck for your fans. I hadnt thought of it in terms of UT/A&M.

Aggie
11-20-2005, 01:19 PM
i was saying pflugerville didnt want to play in waco last night either... and it was played there because everybody else voted for it

why are people not understanding this? Berkner and Rowlett did not have any say on where the ACM Pflugerville game would be held. The coaches of final 4 teams in Region 2 got together and "voted"on where the Regional championship game would be held. The vote had to be unanamous or there would have been a flip today or last night, which there was not b/c we already knew this game would be played at Texas Stadium. Why would they not have decided on a date?
Slaughter should have never agreed to this and took his chances on a coin flip to play the game on Saturday at a different location if need be. ACM's attendance will suffer.

Brant_Scott_76
11-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I love how Berkner doesn't get any respect, but it's all good. A&M must be good if they could beat the Woodlands and Pflugerville. It should be a good game. We love being the underdog

haha we respect yall and know how yall fell, i think we have had only two or three games were we havent been an under-dog haha

Aggie
11-20-2005, 01:31 PM
From the Bryan-College Station Eagle

A&M Consolidated will play Richardson Berkner in the Class 5A Division I state quarterfinals at 4:30 p.m. Friday at Texas Stadium in Irving.

Consol officials had hoped to play the Region II football championship on Saturday to avoid a conflict with Texas A&M's game against Texas, but there was not a time available at Texas Stadium.

"We could not avoid playing on Friday," said Consol coach Jim Slaughter, who met with Berkner coaches after their 31-0 win over Rowlett on Saturday afternoon. "Our game will be after Highland Park plays Ennis at 1 p.m., so there should be a good crowd. It's going to be a great playoff
What's wrong with another stadium? Is there a 7pm game Friday night at Texas Stadium?

GRP05
11-20-2005, 01:32 PM
It's kinda funny how two underdogs made it this far...I guess we've shown a lot of people what we're made of. :)

Dusty Bottoms
11-20-2005, 02:18 PM
playing the game Friday is fine..I dont understand the 4:30 kickoff...kickoff at 7 or 7:30 and give the Consol fans that will be at the A&M game a chance to make it to Texas Stadium.
with a 4:30 kick you either attend one game or the other or leave Kyle Field at halftime to make the Consol game
this sucks....
Slaughter should of never agreed to this..this game should be played at 7 or later at Texas Stadium or 4:30 in Waco

dragonfootballfan
11-20-2005, 02:48 PM
playing the game Friday is fine..I dont understand the 4:30 kickoff...kickoff at 7 or 7:30 and give the Consol fans that will be at the A&M game a chance to make it to Texas Stadium.
with a 4:30 kick you either attend one game or the other or leave Kyle Field at halftime to make the Consol game
this sucks....
Slaughter should of never agreed to this..this game should be played at 7 or later at Texas Stadium or 4:30 in Waco
game will be over by halftime anyway

GRP05
11-20-2005, 03:10 PM

Which way are you leaning with that call???

Brant_Scott_76
11-20-2005, 03:29 PM

haha yea im wondering that myself?

BHS03
11-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I think he was referring to UT, not our game :p

GRP05
11-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I guess I should have read that whole post.

BHS0005
11-20-2005, 07:26 PM
What kind of offense does A&M run and who are the players ( both offense and defense) to look out for??

ACM Dad
11-20-2005, 07:53 PM
What kind of offense does A&M run and who are the players ( both offense and defense) to look out for??

Run and Shoot. :)

Brant_Scott_76
11-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Run and Shoot. :)

haha

c-town_scout
11-20-2005, 10:04 PM
A&M gave Copperas Cove a good test! they didnt suprise me, the RB was stellar and Detron Lewis was really good and not to mention their kicker!

Brant_Scott_76
11-20-2005, 10:12 PM
running game have gotten alot better and so has the passing since cove, great game by cove by the way

BHS0005
11-21-2005, 03:42 PM
How come A&M only beat Belton (4-6) by 7, Wace (2-8) by 4 , Shoemaker (6-4) by 4, Harker Heights (6-5) by 3, Bryan (4-6) by 3.... I'm not tryin to disrepect yall but what happen those games?? :confused:

PonyExpress81
11-21-2005, 03:52 PM
How come A&M only beat Belton (4-6) by 7, Wace (2-8) by 4 , Shoemaker (6-4) by 4, Harker Heights (6-5) by 3, Bryan (4-6) by 3.... I'm not tryin to disrepect yall but what happen those games?? :confused:
Offense never came out of the locker room - actually very tough district with a lot of good defense. Temple was the only real lay down in the district. Waco took Cove to OT & gave us a scare, Harker Heights took Lufkin to OT in the first round and they were our 3rd place team. Mostly everyone just traded licks all through district.

Eagle81
11-21-2005, 06:21 PM
I hope Consolidated knows how to defend the triple option. Because if they don't know how to do it right now, it's too late to get a handle on it. Berkner by 10.

BHS0005
11-21-2005, 09:34 PM
yall look pretty small

Consol Tiger
11-21-2005, 10:01 PM
we'll look even smaller when we're burnin you down the field ;)

jp

Brant_Scott_76
11-21-2005, 10:17 PM
yea were small

ACM Dad
11-21-2005, 11:59 PM
yea were small

Yep, and most can barely bench 100lbs, run a 6.9 40 and spend a lot of time watching Sesame Street.

Please underestimate us. We would really appreciate it. :cool:

FootballJunkie
11-22-2005, 12:04 AM

Perhaps if Berkner played in a competitive district you would know about a close game. :cool:

BHS03
11-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Perhaps if Berkner played in a competitive district you would know about a close game. I dont think he was dogging on you guys, judging by the fact that he said as much. He was just wondering why they were close.

Three more days.. I'm excited. I missed Berkner's first two rounds.

YuccaRoot
11-22-2005, 06:25 AM
What happen in those games is A&M Consolidated won:

Belton 7 point win by Consol (undefeated Abilene only beat them by 10)
Shoemaker: 4 point win by Consol (Consol was down 21-0 in the 1st quarter)
Harker Heights: 3 point win by Consol (Harker Heights took undefeated Lufkin to OT)
Waco: 4 point win by Consol (Waco took undefeated Copperas Cove to 3 OTs)
Bryan: 3 point win by Consol (a very talented team that didn't click this year)

A&M Consolidated v. Richardson Berkner should be a good one.

Aggie
11-22-2005, 01:09 PM
what can we say..this team knows how to win. Very competitive district

BHS0005
11-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Honestly, I know that 10-5a isnt a good district, but i dont think yours is either. But I'm telling you, yall haven't faced a team like ours yet. Our team has alot of speed and quickness. Our offense is unique and we have it down to perfection. Our defense hasn't given up a point in two playoff games... But still, you central texas fans have no respect towards DFW teams. Just keep talking and running your mouth and being smart because after this week

GOODBYE A&M CONSOL
&
GOODBYE COVE

yall had a nice season :rolleyes:

ACM Dad
11-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Honestly, I know that 10-5a isnt a good district, but i dont think yours is either. But I'm telling you, yall haven't faced a team like ours yet. Our team has alot of speed and quickness. Our offense is unique and we have it down to perfection. Our defense hasn't given up a point in two playoff games... But still, you central texas fans have no respect towards DFW teams. Just keep talking and running your mouth and being smart because after this week

GOODBYE A&M CONSOL
&
GOODBYE COVE

We'll all know by Friday night. don't count your chickens too quickly. you might just lay an egg...

Brant_Scott_76
11-22-2005, 08:48 PM

GOODBYE A&M CONSOL
&
GOODBYE COVE

do you play?

Aggie
11-22-2005, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=BHS0005] But I'm telling you, yall haven't faced a team like ours yet. QUOTE]

So obviously you have seen every Consol game this year

bryan viking
11-24-2005, 02:50 AM
pretty much, for some reason i cant do it from that website

i know how to do it from like google images and stuff just not on the "smug-mug" website

http://www.richardcooper.biz/imagesfolder/Tiger1.jpg

i got that off google

i just cant seem to do it on smug mug

what a q.u.e.e.r. i guess thats how all cunsol guys are

bryan viking
11-24-2005, 02:54 AM
:mad: bryan high shouldve beaten consol and we shouldve gone to the playoffs not yall we r a much better team r focus and discipline is greatly better than consols is

consol as a team does not know how to win the big games bryan beat temple just as bad as amc did and we are better

a&mconsoltiger
11-24-2005, 01:26 PM
:mad: bryan high shouldve beaten consol and we shouldve gone to the playoffs not yall we r a much better team r focus and discipline is greatly better than consols is

consol as a team does not know how to win the big games bryan beat temple just as bad as amc did and we are better

so your gonna get on here and start whining about how yall were better, if yall were better than us yall would of won,i knew after the year blake joseph left yall wouldnt make the playoffs and look what happened,

ACM Dad
11-24-2005, 02:43 PM

Choose your response....

1. Sour grapes? Maybe it is time for a new coach in Bryan?

2. Hooked on phonics? Try spending a bit of time in English Class next semester.

3. Consol just won two very big games while the Bryan Vikings are sitting at home working on their excuses.

4. Who's playing football tomorrow? Not Bryan.

Weak response kiddo. Truthfully, I would not have expected much different from a Bryan Viking. Good luck with the remote control tomorrow. :cool:

PonyExpress81
11-24-2005, 03:43 PM

All this from a 4-6 Team? And talk about somebody not being able to win the big game, Bryan barely won any games this year. Coaches contract is up for renewal in January - go ahead and pull the trigger.

And quit sleeping through all of your English classes, a mind is a terrible thing to waste!

GRP05
11-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Since the game's near Dallas, should I assume Berkner's the home team?

Brant_Scott_76
11-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Since the game's near Dallas, should I assume Berkner's the home team?

Consolidated is home

GRP05
11-24-2005, 06:59 PM
-Thanks-

ACM Dad
11-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Both teams have played well this post season. It ought to be one helluva game tomorrow.

BHS0005
11-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Good luck tomorrow. We'll see how good we will do with the injuries we have.

GRP05
11-24-2005, 07:54 PM

Yeah, this will be a huge test for us. I'm not too worried, but we'll need our defense more than ever.

Brant_Scott_76
11-24-2005, 08:15 PM

good luck to yall as well

Covedawg
11-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Choose your response....

1. Sour grapes? Maybe it is time for a new coach in Bryan?

2. Hooked on phonics? Try spending a bit of time in English Class next semester.

3. Consol just won two very big games while the Bryan Vikings are sitting at home working on their excuses.

4. Who's playing football tomorrow? Not Bryan.

Weak response kiddo. Truthfully, I would not have expected much different from a Bryan Viking. Good luck with the remote control tomorrow. :cool:

ROFLMAO.........
Bryan.....plz...
AMC is just gonna have to show these Berkner boys what 13-5A tastes like..
and it's gonna be a wee bit bitter

AMC held Cove's offense to 7 and Cove's D had to step up and did... Berkner is one of those "top 25 in metroplex teams" ....wooooooooooooow color me impressed........
whole lot more to Texas than the "metroplex"

AMC 34
R-B 20

ACM Dad
11-25-2005, 12:02 AM

I smell a ruse...

BHS0005
11-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Actually number 3 in the metroplex.... lol keep talking....

AmerBear
11-25-2005, 01:15 AM
The Berkner Rams have quietly surfaced through the DFW Metroplex with an undefeated record
while A&M Consolidated worked its way through a very competitive and gut wrenching schedule.
Down the entire Class 5A schedule for week three of the playoffs, this particular game could end
up being one of the best games to watch.

The game will by no means be a shootout, nor will it be a defensive slugfest.

Things to look out for in this game will be the play on special teams, which has been the specialty
of the A&M Consolidated Tigers for a vast majority of the season. If it is a close contest, the Tigers
could have a big advantage. Look for Berkner to use its defensive pressure to keep Consolidated in
the middle of the field and work the clock on offense. If the defense works like they have the last
five weeks, the Rams will be in solid position to make noise late in the game. The winner of the
field position game in this contest will be the eventual winner.

Berkner (12-0)
24 @ Mesq. Horn 17
34 Duncanville 16
37 @ Lakeview 3
43 @ Dallas Jesuit 22
43 Newman Smith 23
23 Lake Highlands 20
36 @ Rich. Pearce 22
28 Carr. Turner 0
37 @ Richardson 13
19 Carr Creekview 7
38 vs Dalls Skyline 0
31 vs Rowlett 0

A&M Consolid. (10-2)
30 @ Eisenhower 21
15 @ Westlake 36
37 Georgetown 7
30 Temple 7
28 @ Waco 25
35 Shoemaker 31
17 Harker Heights 14
17 @ Belton 10
14 Copperas Cove 21
9 @ Bryan 6
30 vs Woodlands 12
31 vs Pflugerville 26

Players To Watch
Richardson Berkner
QB Justin Johnson
DE Ugo Chinasa
DB Calvin Rubles

A&M Consolidated
DB Ryan Fitzgerald
PK Matt Szymanski
DB Leroy Thompson

Game Time & Location
Fri 4:30p Texas Stadium

catman
11-25-2005, 01:19 AM
I saw AMC earlier this year. Their defense was very impressive. They were not only big, but fast and played their assignments well. They have just the kind of defense that could give a wishbone team fits. If AMC is able to defense the wishbone adequately, Berkner had better be able to air it out.

I have not seen Berkner but I know what a well run wishbone can accomplish from seeing Lewisville successfully run it in other years. One of the best playoff games I ever saw was when Waco broke Lewisville's bone 7-0 at Floyd Casey Stadium. I will be at Texas Stadium tomorrow and look forward to a good hard-hitting game. Good luck to both teams.

Brant_Scott_76
11-25-2005, 08:14 AM
everyone travel safe on the way up there today

GRP05
11-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Will a lot of you ACM guys from this thread be at the game later?

Joboots
11-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Anyone who can't make it & want to listen in,log on here:http://wtaw.com

FootballJunkie
11-25-2005, 11:32 PM

GOODBYE A&M CONSOL
&
GOODBYE COVE

I always like to see these after the game!!!:D

Brant_Scott_76
11-25-2005, 11:34 PM
haha i feel that footballjunkie

Covedawg
11-25-2005, 11:54 PM
ROFLMAO.........
Bryan.....plz...
AMC is just gonna have to show these Berkner boys what 13-5A tastes like..
and it's gonna be a wee bit bitter

AMC held Cove's offense to 7 and Cove's D had to step up and did... Berkner is one of those "top 25 in metroplex teams" ....wooooooooooooow color me impressed........
whole lot more to Texas than the "metroplex"

Guess Consol wasn't impressed either.........

13-5A still rollin'

PonyExpress81
11-26-2005, 01:04 AM

GOODBYE A&M CONSOL
&
GOODBYE COVE

Goodnight Berkner - don't forget to put the 1 behind the 12.
Seriously you guys really did have a great season, see you again next year.

Red Raiders
11-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Goodnight Berkner - don't forget to put the 1 behind the 12.
Seriously you guys really did have a great season, see you again next year.

they might could have been like this last year but they were stopped by Tyler Lee which is great for me! yay!

PonyExpress81
11-26-2005, 01:07 AM
It's kinda funny how two underdogs made it this far...I guess we've shown a lot of people what we're made of. :)
Both teams have been blessed this season - but even an underdog has to reach out and bite someone to get any respect.