PDA

View Full Version : The one and only, official Abilene High Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

a-hi eagle2309
10-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Just thought this was a good idea to talk about anything abilene high football related topics...run amuck

TheScout
10-25-2008, 01:07 AM
When did the starters come out of your game tonight?

a-hi eagle2309
10-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Lets see, i know the second offense played the last series of the second quarter, but played most of the third quarter, and the D came out after a couple of quick 3 and outs in the third.

TheScout
10-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Very nice:notworthy

a-hi eagle2309
10-25-2008, 01:14 AM
Very nice:notworthy

I do my best:D

a-hi eagle2309
10-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Lets see, i know the second offense played the last series of the second quarter, but played most of the third quarter, and the D came out after a couple of quick 3 and outs in the third.

Sorry i meant that the first offense came back and played most of the third.

AE 8008
10-25-2008, 01:17 AM
I do my best:D

how many turnovers?

a-hi eagle2309
10-25-2008, 01:19 AM
how many turnovers?

Only 2! I'm not sure, but i think this might be a season low..but maybe it's a good thing, because we still scored 70 points. Just imagine what it woulda been if we took 5 or 6 from them...:eek:

TheScout
10-25-2008, 01:19 AM
The Trinity game was similar in that it was 42-0 at half and the 2nd string came in last series of the 1st half, then stayed in the rest of the game. Even 3rd string. I noticed y'all were up 42-6 at half I think

a-hi eagle2309
10-25-2008, 01:24 AM
You would be correct.

I think we have a curse on our team. Counting last year, i believe we have had 6 broken legs! 4 last year and 2 more this year. I visisted the kid who got hurt tonight, and he's doing ok. He's scheduled for surgery tomorrow...keep him in yall's prayers!

TheScout
10-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Will do

AE 8008
10-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Only 2! I'm not sure, but i think this might be a season low..but maybe it's a good thing, because we still scored 70 points. Just imagine what it woulda been if we took 5 or 6 from them...:eek:

nice

eaglefan87
10-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Good to see someone started a thread for all things AHS.....let's keep it front page!!! It looked like the Haltom coaches saw what most of us have been saying for awhile now.....our secondary is suspect:confused:!!! They definitely tried to exploit that weakness the first few possessions tonight....luckily they didn't have the athletes to get the job done. Dropped passes really hurt them...one would definitely have been a TD. I don't believe that the outcome of the game would have changed much but it is a concern for down the road.....possibly could be an issue next week against Richland who won the 7 on 7 tourney this past summer.

abilenefan
10-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Herchel Sims ------- remember that name. This kid is fast. I don't think I've ever seen an AHS running back with that much speed. Only a soph.

Sims had 6 touches for 185+- yards last night. I know it was against Haltom but his speed was evident. Outrunning the angles was impressive. I cant wait to see how he does once were out of district play.

AE 8008
10-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Herchel Sims ------- remember that name. This kid is fast. I don't think I've ever seen an AHS running back with that much speed. Only a soph.

Sims had 6 touches for 185+- yards last night. I know it was against Haltom but his speed was evident. Outrunning the angles was impressive. I cant wait to see how he does once were out of district play.

every other time i get a text update, it has his name in it

AHSeagles
10-25-2008, 12:32 PM

He also flat out ran over several people last night.:eek:

tmcran
10-25-2008, 06:01 PM
He also flat out ran over several people last night.:eek:

If Sims gets a step on ya he is gone. He sure plays bigger than he is.

biggolfdad
10-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Just thought this was a good idea to talk about anything abilene high football related topics...run amuck

This may be better than my poll. :)

ExCOOG88
10-25-2008, 09:25 PM
You would be correct.

I think we have a curse on our team. Counting last year, i believe we have had 6 broken legs! 4 last year and 2 more this year. I visisted the kid who got hurt tonight, and he's doing ok. He's scheduled for surgery tomorrow...keep him in yall's prayers!

who got hurt?

a-hi eagle2309
10-25-2008, 10:16 PM
who got hurt?

Can't mention names, but he was a backup on the defense

a-hi eagle2309
10-25-2008, 10:17 PM
This may be better than my poll. :)

I'm wittier than you think golf dad!

ExCOOG88
10-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Can't mention names, but he was a backup on the defense

um, why not?

a-hi eagle2309
10-25-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm not sure, I just heard it's some kind of rule to not mention names when injuries are involved.

ExCOOG88
10-25-2008, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=a-hi eagle2309;948827]I'm not sure, I just heard it's some kind of rule to not mention names when injuries are involved.[/QUOTEo

oh, I did not know that.

AE 8008
10-26-2008, 01:50 AM
[QUOTE=a-hi eagle2309;948827]I'm not sure, I just heard it's some kind of rule to not mention names when injuries are involved.[/QUOTEo

oh, I did not know that.

its rules on this board, meant for protection of the player and the team. i think its alright to talk about it after a few days, but not right after...i could be wrong though

AbEagleFan
10-26-2008, 02:47 PM
So talk about it and see if you get kicked off. :D

[QUOTE=ExCOOG88;948833]

its rules on this board, meant for protection of the player and the team. i think its alright to talk about it after a few days, but not right after...i could be wrong though

eaglefan87
10-26-2008, 03:52 PM

Simms is a stud!!!! Right now he is waiting his turn behind the senior Bass and is making the MOST of the opportunities he gets. When he is the featured back and is getting 25 or so touches a game he will be incredible. He is not only fast but very tough, is a great receiver and has great vision and instincts.....the kid could very well develop into a D1 player.

AHSeagles
10-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Simms is a stud!!!! Right now he is waiting his turn behind the senior Bass and is making the MOST of the opportunities he gets. When he is the featured back and is getting 25 or so touches a game he will be incredible. He is not only fast but very tough, is a great receiver and has great vision and instincts.....the kid could very well develop into a D1 player.

I don't think there's any doubt, barring injury or anything else, that he will be a D1 player. I just hope he stays in Texas.

Warbird
10-26-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't think there's any doubt, barring injury or anything else, that he will be a D1 player. I just hope he stays in Texas.

The kid's dangerous. He had 188 or so yards on six touches the other night; 3 rushing, 3 receiving. That's the kind of damage most can only dream of doing with around 20 touches.:notworthy

Here's hoping he stays injury free.

AHSeagles
10-26-2008, 10:25 PM
The kid's dangerous. He had 188 or so yards on six touches the other night; 3 rushing, 3 receiving. That's the kind of damage most can only dream of doing with around 20 touches.:notworthy

Here's hoping he stays injury free.

Those are some gaudy stats!:eek:

mojoguy
10-26-2008, 10:26 PM
The Eagles have been putting up video game scores all year. Not like All Madden either. We're talking about scores when you play on Rookie or mayyyybe Pro at the worst. I love it. The LSWC is dominating in two districts this year, and if the Cougs take care of business against Frenship it could be three. Go Eagles and Cougs this week against their undefeated district foes! The only thing cooler than one bell is three bells. ;)

AHSeagles
10-26-2008, 10:30 PM
The Eagles have been putting up video game scores all year. Not like All Madden either. We're talking about scores when you play on Rookie or mayyyybe Pro at the worst. I love it. The LSWC is dominating in two districts this year, and if the Cougs take care of business against Frenship it could be three. Go Eagles and Cougs this week against their undefeated district foes! The only thing cooler than one bell is three bells. ;)

Agreed! I still want another shot at getting our old bell back.:D

mojoguy
10-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Agreed! I still want another shot at getting our old bell back.:D

Lord willing, in two years we can have a Uniting the Bells season. ;)

AHSeagles
10-26-2008, 10:33 PM

Woah, I wonder if something like that has ever happened before where 3 different district champs came together in one district?

mojoguy
10-26-2008, 10:37 PM
No idea, but knowing UIL they will probably just create a super-mega district with all the West Texas schools including El Paso so we have to start our season in like April.

AHSeagles
10-26-2008, 10:42 PM
No idea, but knowing UIL they will probably just create a super-mega district with all the West Texas schools including El Paso so we have to start our season in like April.

El Paso is in Texas?:D

mojoguy
10-26-2008, 10:49 PM
El Paso is in Texas?:D

I hope so.. If not, they've been sneaking into our playoffs for years!

AHSeagles
10-26-2008, 10:50 PM
I hope so.. If not, they've been sneaking into our playoffs for years!

Sneaking in and given a swift kick in the pants out.:D

AE 8008
10-26-2008, 11:00 PM

:laugh

a-hi eagle2309
10-26-2008, 11:03 PM

Hopefully at Texas:D

AHSeagles
10-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Hopefully at Texas:D

No. He'd look much better in maroon.

a-hi eagle2309
10-26-2008, 11:09 PM
No. He'd look much better in maroon.

But he'd be much better off in burnt orange

AHSeagles
10-26-2008, 11:15 PM
But he'd be much better off in maroon and white

fify

a-hi eagle2309
10-26-2008, 11:20 PM
fify

I did not say that, God as my witness. You have misquoted me you kaniving :Censor:! And what is fify??

AHSeagles
10-26-2008, 11:22 PM
I did not say that, God as my witness. You have misquoted me you kaniving :Censor:! And what is fify??

fify is an acronym for fixed it for you. And you tried to tell golfdad that you're clever...:D;)

a-hi eagle2309
10-26-2008, 11:23 PM
fify is an acronym for fixed it for you. And you tried to tell golfdad that you're clever...:D;)

Wittier, not clever

AHSeagles
10-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Wittier, not clever

ou sucks.

AE 8008
10-26-2008, 11:59 PM
ou sucks.

deez

Warbird
10-27-2008, 12:00 AM
deez

This.

ExCOOG88
10-27-2008, 09:48 AM

Speaking of the bell. Did the Panthers get to keep it? If low and behold that one day a school from outside the LSWC wins it will the Panthers pass it on or did that tradition die when the UIL broke up the district?

Favpack
10-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Hershel Sims is the real deal - mark it down.

thestud
10-27-2008, 10:11 AM
finally everyone sees what i've been saying for the last couple of years now! herschel is a bad mamajamma. as a freshman the kid squatted 500lbs and benched 300:Censor::eek::notworthy. i've know since i got to watch him in pop warner he was fully capable of this and im glad to see him taking care of business. he plays as a cross between tavares sharp and kobey lewis in that he has the speed and feet of kobey and the physicality of tavares. if Tony Curtis, another sophmore RB, develops that killer instinct on the field, we could be looking at the best backfield in the state next year:cool:

Favpack
10-27-2008, 10:22 AM
finally everyone sees what i've been saying for the last couple of years now! herschel is a bad mamajamma. as a freshman the kid squatted 500lbs and benched 300:Censor::eek::notworthy. i've know since i got to watch him in pop warner he was fully capable of this and im glad to see him taking care of business. he plays as a cross between tavares sharp and kobey lewis in that he has the speed and feet of kobey and the physicality of tavares. if Tony Curtis, another sophmore RB, develops that killer instinct on the field, we could be looking at the best backfield in the state next year:cool:

Hey - I watched a little of the dismantling Friday when I traveled over from Lufkin for the ACU homecoming. Trust me - he makes Lufkin rb's look like old men - he is lightning quick. He and Bass are a very good combo. Who plays qb next year?

thestud
10-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey - I watched a little of the dismantling Friday when I traveled over from Lufkin for the ACU homecoming. Trust me - he makes Lufkin rb's look like old men - he is lightning quick. He and Bass are a very good combo. Who plays qb next year?

Ian Williams is the varsity backup and the heir apparent at the moment. herschel's cousin ronell (sims) is scary good but right now he doesnt have the height to lead the team, plus williams will have the mental edge having had this entire season to learn how to play on friday nights. time will tell but for now its williams' job to lose in the offseason.

AHSeagles
10-27-2008, 01:21 PM

I watched Herschel and Tony play against each other in the 7th grade and was in awe of freakishly good these to athletes were. There's no doubt in my mind that one day we'll be seeing of these kids playing on Saturdays.

ExCOOG88
10-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Here i will help the eagles on this one.

bump:D

AbEagleFan
10-27-2008, 04:49 PM

Speaking of bells, how is that ole thing doing? :notworthy

mojoguy
10-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Speaking of the bell. Did the Panthers get to keep it? If low and behold that one day a school from outside the LSWC wins it will the Panthers pass it on or did that tradition die when the UIL broke up the district?

It's still intact. Actually, I think our northern brethren had a bell too that Coronado brought to Ratliff this past week. I wonder if we get two bells if we win district?

mojoguy
10-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Speaking of bells, how is that ole thing doing? :notworthy

Still dingin' on third downs and before the game. We try to keep her all shiny to give her the respect she deserves. ;)

Maybe our two teams should battle in a non-district game the next couple of years and have a bell as the travelling trophy since I think our new district has their own.

AbEagleFan
10-27-2008, 04:53 PM
It's still intact. Actually, I think our northern brethren had a bell too that Coronado brought to Ratliff this past week. I wonder if we get two bells if we win district?

Did you confiscate it? Should have and sent us OUR's back so we won't have to buy a new one. :D

mojoguy
10-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Did you confiscate it? Should have and sent us OUR's back so we won't have to buy a new one. :D

We are currently in the process of attempting to do so. Let me get back to ya in a couple of weeks. :D

AbEagleFan
10-27-2008, 05:11 PM
We are currently in the process of attempting to do so. Let me get back to ya in a couple of weeks. :D

What on earth will Mojo do with TWO bells?

ExCOOG88
10-27-2008, 05:13 PM

I can remember when Permian broke the thing and had to get a new one.:D

ExCOOG88
10-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Actually the original bell is in the AHS museum. IT was retired around 1970. Abilene high got to keep it because there name appeared on it the most. Permain has the second bell which was retired in 96 I believe. (this bell was different from original) The third bell which is a replica of the original(made from a cast of the original) permian has now. AHS should have it cause their name appears on it the most.

The bells, there are two, were made by Santa Fe railroad in Amarillo. It was given to the district back when it was Abilene, Midland, Odessa, Lubbock, ans Amarillo schools. Abilene kept the bell when that district was split up in the 60's. The Amarillo district was then given another bell by the railroad.

ExCOOG88
10-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Actually the original bell is in the AHS museum. IT was retired around 1970. Abilene high got to keep it because there name appeared on it the most. Permain has the second bell which was retired in 96 I believe. (this bell was different from original) The third bell which is a replica of the original(made from a cast of the original) permian has now. AHS should have it cause their name appears on it the most.

The bells, there are two, were made by Santa Fe railroad in Amarillo. It was given to the district back when it was Abilene, Midland, Odessa, Lubbock, ans Amarillo schools. Abilene kept the bell when that district was split up in the 60's. The Amarillo district was then given another bell by the railroad.

ExCOOG88
10-27-2008, 05:59 PM
wtf, how did i do that? sorry didn't mean to double post.

a-hi eagle2309
10-27-2008, 08:14 PM

he did not bench 300 pounds

a-hi eagle2309
10-27-2008, 08:15 PM

Somebody did their homework:notworthy

eaglefan87
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
So what does the champion of this new 3-5A district get as the championship trophy...a bell , trophy or what?

tomlandryjrhigh
10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Um...a cream puff?

eaglefan87
10-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Um...a cream puff?

:laugh:eek:

ExCOOG88
10-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Somebody did their homework:notworthy

LOL, just one phone call to make sure I had my facts right.

Coug78
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
I haven't updated this page, but it has useful info.

http://www.cougar-country.com/distbell.html

eaglefan87
10-28-2008, 08:04 PM

eaglefan87
10-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Let's Black out Shotwell for the game friday....should be a great atmosphere for the 3-5A championship.

tiger94
10-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Abilene will lose when they have to play a team in the metroplex. Enjoy the undefeated season until probably the second or third round. Thank goodness your not playing division 1 because Abilene would get destroyed by Euless. Can you say over rated and thats a fact.

tmcran
10-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Abilene will lose when they have to play a team in the metroplex. Enjoy the undefeated season until probably the second or third round. Thank goodness your not playing division 1 because Abilene would get destroyed by Euless. Can you say over rated and thats a fact.

Commerce???:D

Eagle81
10-29-2008, 09:32 AM

We appreciate the warning. And trust me we will enjoy the undefeated season until it ends. Just curious who do you see ending our season in DII.

Warbird
10-29-2008, 09:32 AM

Quoth jtk: Move along, skippy.

biggolfdad
10-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Interesting !!! :confused:

AHSwarbird2009
10-29-2008, 05:12 PM
If Sims gets a step on ya he is gone. He sure plays bigger than he is.

Thats for sure. He maybe a little guy but he has a set of powerful legs. Other than the kids athleticism, I personally know the kid and off the field he is a very humble individual!

biggolfdad
10-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Thats for sure. He maybe a little guy but he has a set of powerful legs. Other than the kids athleticism, I personally know the kid and off the field he is a very humble individual!

agree

:cool:

AHSeagles
10-29-2008, 09:19 PM

Welcome to the board! Herschel is an extremely nice kid and for someone with as much to brag about as he has, I don't think I've ever heard him talk himself up. He definitely has his head on straight and has a bright future regardless of football.

a-hi eagle2309
10-29-2008, 10:00 PM

hahaha...wow some people really no how to crack that joke that just gets you rollin on the floor laughing till you can't breathe...hahahaha....yah

eaglefan87
10-30-2008, 03:35 AM

:laugh:laugh!!!! Abilene has played and beaten many metroplex teams including the GIANT. AHS is for real. They have dominated this "metroplex" district and have beaten several metroplex teams in the playoffs over the years.....not intimidated by anyone...including Trinity!

AHSeagles
10-30-2008, 08:54 AM
:laugh:laugh!!!! Abilene has played and beaten many metroplex teams including the GIANT. AHS is for real. They have dominated this "metroplex" district and have beaten several metroplex teams in the playoffs over the years.....not intimidated by anyone...including Trinity!

Last time AHS played Trinity (beat em in 99), they slashed our eagle head that the players run out of.

mojoguy
10-30-2008, 09:42 AM

I'm just glad they're getting all this practice beating up on plex teams in their district before that then. It would be a shame if they went in without knowing what to expect! :eek:

Hey, at least you're citing facts. It's tough to argue when someone drags out the book of facts and starts throwing them around. Every single one of your campaign ads have been negative, and that's a fact!

AE 8008
10-30-2008, 09:46 AM

:rolleyes:

mojoguy
10-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Last time AHS played Trinity (beat em in 99), they slashed our eagle head that the players run out of.

Geez who put the sand in their football pants to make them want to do that?

AHSeagles
10-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Geez who put the sand in their football pants to make them want to do that?

Who knows? I'm not sure if they still do, but they used to have the score of the game on the patch that covered it up.

mojoguy
10-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Who knows? I'm not sure if they still do, but they used to have the score of the game on the patch that covered it up.

That works as some pretty sweet revenge.

AHSeagles
10-30-2008, 09:57 AM
That works as some pretty sweet revenge.

I'd enjoy a match up with Trinity. I'm not sure how we'd handle the mammoths that are the O and D lines, but it would be fun.

mojoguy
10-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I'd enjoy a match up with Trinity. I'm not sure how we'd handle the mammoths that are the O and D lines, but it would be fun.

Stick and move! Stick and move!

Actually, for my money that would be the #1 v.#2 game right now. I would take the time to go watch that one.

AHSeagles
10-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Stick and move! Stick and move!

Actually, for my money that would be the #1 v.#2 game right now. I would take the time to go watch that one.

It would bring out a huge crowd for sure.

AHSwarbird2009
10-30-2008, 01:40 PM
hahaha...wow some people really no how to crack that joke that just gets you rollin on the floor laughing till you can't breathe...hahahaha....yah

I think you are putting alot out there when you say metroplex teams will beat us when we hit the playoffs. We are better than last years team, and can someone remind me who we beat 1st 3rd and 4th round last year?

biggolfdad
10-30-2008, 05:19 PM
:eek:

eagle03
10-30-2008, 06:00 PM

I remember that happening, I was in the student section right next to it. The guy that did it got taken out by one of AHS' teacher's, then got arrested. It was great to watch.

Warbird
10-30-2008, 07:05 PM
I remember that happening, I was in the student section right next to it. The guy that did it got taken out by one of AHS' teacher's, then got arrested. It was great to watch.

I heard the teacher was soon after given a T-shirt that read "Defensive Hit of the Week" on it. Doesn't AHS have an all-time winning record against the Trojans stretching back to the 60's or 70's?

AHSeagles
10-30-2008, 07:19 PM
I heard the teacher was soon after given a T-shirt that read "Defensive Hit of the Week" on it. Doesn't AHS have an all-time winning record against the Trojans stretching back to the 60's or 70's?

Not a clue. PM WOS87, he'd be able to find out.

Warbird
10-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Okay, found the games thanks to fridaynighthistory.com

1969: AHS 55, ET 19
1970: AHS 23, ET 12
1971: AHS 7, ET 6
1998: AHS 28, ET 49
1999: AHS 17, ET 14

AHS leads the series 4-1. :D How about that, folks?

tomlandryjrhigh
10-30-2008, 08:14 PM
But Abilene High has no haka. We are doomed.

biggolfdad
10-30-2008, 09:35 PM
But Abilene High has no haka. We are doomed.

We can start our own haka.

:D

AHSeagles
10-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Okay, found the games thanks to fridaynighthistory.com

1969: AHS 55, ET 19
1970: AHS 23, ET 12
1971: AHS 7, ET 6
1998: AHS 28, ET 49
1999: AHS 17, ET 14

AHS leads the series 4-1. :D How about that, folks?

Those wins from 69-71 impress me more than anything because that was when we were terrible.

eaglefan87
10-31-2008, 12:54 PM
We don't need no haka:D:eek:

biggolfdad
11-01-2008, 12:05 AM

eaglefan87
11-01-2008, 12:46 AM
We got verbage yes we do we got verbage how 'bout you:confused::D

eaglefan87
11-01-2008, 12:47 AM
How do you spell speed...S-I-M-M-S!!!!!:D

EagleDude73
11-01-2008, 12:48 AM
How do you spell speed...S-I-M-M-S!!!!!:DE_A_T_I_T

eaglefan87
11-01-2008, 12:53 AM
E_A_T_I_T
:confused:OK????

eaglefan87
11-01-2008, 03:57 AM
I posted this on the AHS vs. Richland thread but thought it wasa good tidbit for this thread too. I heard one of the radio announcers say during th postgame show that this year's Eagle team is on pace to break the all time scoring record (currently held by the 1923 team I believe) first or second round of the POs. My, my how far this offense has come since the first of the year. :notworthy

eaglefan87
11-01-2008, 04:10 AM
Looks like the Weatherford-Burleson game will determine if we go D1 or D2. If Burleson wins they take last PO spot and go D1 with N Crowley while AHS and Richland go D2. If Weatherford wins it puts them and Burleson tied at 2-4in district and Weatherford would take the last PO spot via head to head tiebreaker. That scenario would put AHS and N Crowley in D1 and Richland and Weatherford D2.

warbird00
11-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Looks like the Weatherford-Burleson game will determine if we go D1 or D2. If Burleson wins they take last PO spot and go D1 with N Crowley while AHS and Richland go D2. If Weatherford wins it puts them and Burleson tied at 2-4in district and Weatherford would take the last PO spot via head to head tiebreaker. That scenario would put AHS and N Crowley in D1 and Richland and Weatherford D2.

I may be wrong, but I think its a bit more complicated then that for WHS to get in. If Haltom wins this week, they would be 3-3 in district and WHS is out as the best they can hope for right now is 2-4. Not sure I see that happening, but Haltom's coming off a bye week and Richland is coming off its first loss. But even if Weatherford wins, does that not put fourth place in a three way tie that also would include Haltom? They [Haltom] would have tie breaker advantage over Weatherford, they won by 6, and lost to Burleson by 1. That would put them at a plus 5 in a tie breaker. Between them, Burleson and Weatherford. So Weatherford has to win by more then 5, and Haltom lose to have a shot. I see a hard fought game, but I'd give a slight advantage to Burleson. Either way, I dont see Weatherford pulling away from anyone. Could be wrong, but I dont think so. My money is on DII.

AE 8008
11-01-2008, 10:35 AM
E_A_T_I_T

STFU&GTFO

AE 8008
11-01-2008, 10:45 AM

I may be wrong, but I think its a bit more complicated then that for WHS to get in. If Haltom wins this week, they would be 3-3 in district and WHS is out as the best they can hope for right now is 2-4. Not sure I see that happening, but Haltom's coming off a bye week and Richland is coming off its first loss. But even if Weatherford wins, does that not put fourth place in a three way tie that also would include Haltom? They [Haltom] would have tie breaker advantage over Weatherford, they won by 6, and lost to Burleson by 1. That would put them at a plus 5 in a tie breaker. Between them, Burleson and Weatherford. So Weatherford has to win by more then 5, and Haltom lose to have a shot. I see a hard fought game, but I'd give a slight advantage to Burleson. Either way, I dont see Weatherford pulling away from anyone. Could be wrong, but I dont think so. My money is on DII.

who knew 3-5A could be so exciting:D

ExCOOG88
11-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Here's my 2 cents. AHS goes DII and that sets a great 3rd rnd matchup between either CHHS or SLC. My money is on CHHS. TS anyone?

a-hi eagle2309
11-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Here's my 2 cents. AHS goes DII and that sets a great 3rd rnd matchup between either CHHS or SLC. My money is on CHHS. TS anyone?

Thems fightin words

a-hi eagle2309
11-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Did anyone notice that the game last night was almost 4 hours long:eek:

republicaneagle
11-01-2008, 01:00 PM
I posted this on the AHS vs. Richland thread but thought it wasa good tidbit for this thread too. I heard one of the radio announcers say during th postgame show that this year's Eagle team is on pace to break the all time scoring record (currently held by the 1923 team I believe) first or second round of the POs. My, my how far this offense has come since the first of the year. :notworthy

I doubt it, but I've been wondering if we're out scoring the district put together. Is that possible? Also, does anyone (I hate research) know what our points scored/points allowed numbers are?

ExCOOG88
11-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Thems fightin words

I meant you will see CHHS in the 3rd rnd, not that CHHS would win. Hell, i am pulling for the Eagles all the way!

biggolfdad
11-01-2008, 06:05 PM
I think the EAGLES are better than they were at the first of the year, except for our kick coverage.

Shoot2thrill
11-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I meant you will see CHHS in the 3rd rnd, not that CHHS would win. Hell, i am pulling for the Eagles all the way!

I guess I understand cougarspeak because I knew what you meant.;)

eaglefan87
11-01-2008, 06:22 PM

U r right...i totally forgot about haltom. That 3 way tie breaker is a mess:eek:!

eaglefan87
11-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Just wanted to bump our thread back to page 1.....Herschel Simms for 5A Sophmore of the year!!!!

AE 8008
11-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Just wanted to bump our thread back to page 1.....Herschel Simms for 5A Sophmore of the year!!!!

seriously...look at these stats

55 carries, 541 yards, 9.8 avg, 8 TDs

17 receptions, 346 yards, 20.4 avg ypc, 5 TDs

he gets 12.3 yards every time he touches the ball

eaglefan87
11-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Scary to think of how good this kid will be by the time he's a senior....scary for AHS opponents that is:D

eaglefan87
11-02-2008, 08:17 PM

a-hi eagle2309
11-02-2008, 08:28 PM

Haha my bad coog:o

a-hi eagle2309
11-02-2008, 08:29 PM

This might be a dumb question, but i think i missed something with the whole "bump" deal...Can anyone explain?

eaglefan87
11-02-2008, 08:33 PM
This might be a dumb question, but i think i missed something with the whole "bump" deal...Can anyone explain?

just getting our thread back on page 1......I was looking at the projected PO brackets on this site.....they have us and Richland locked in D2. Our first round game looks to be Mansfield...Richland against Arlington Bowie.

a-hi eagle2309
11-02-2008, 08:39 PM
just getting our thread back on page 1......I was looking at the projected PO brackets on this site.....they have us and Richland locked in D2. Our first round game looks to be Mansfield...Richland against Arlington Bowie.

Much appreciated

eaglefan87
11-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Barring some major upsets looks like we should meet up with our old district mates Midland Lee in second round

War Eagle
11-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Barring some major upsets looks like we should meet up with our old district mates Midland Lee in second round

If we do, I wonder where we will play that game. Would Warren feel confident enough to flip home and home or would we go to Lubbock or San Angelo. I personally would rather play at Jones Stadium then take a chance and play in Midland. Of course no one knows but fun to speculate.

eaglefan87
11-02-2008, 09:02 PM
If we do, I wonder where we will play that game. Would Warren feel confident enough to flip home and home or would we go to Lubbock or San Angelo. I personally would rather play at Jones Stadium then take a chance and play in Midland. Of course no one knows but fun to speculate.

Yeah...you never know how that's going to go. Coach Warren has won plenty of games in Midland....is he confident enough to risk having to travel and give Lee home field? Coach Quisenberry beat the Eagles in some big games at Shotwell when he coached at Cooper....does he have a secret formula to beat the Eagles at home that would prompt him to risk having to travel to Shotwell? Oh boy...ain't this fun?:D

a-hi eagle2309
11-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Grande stadium is my personal favorite stadium. Besides shotwell of course...

eaglefan87
11-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Grande stadium is my personal favorite stadium. Besides shotwell of course...

I haven't been to the new stadium in Midland yet....heard it's nice.

warbird00
11-02-2008, 09:09 PM

Midlands not that bad...could be worse. We've won pleanty of times there, and I think in recent playoff games, we've never lost one that was played in Midland. The team you really dont wanna play at home in the playoffs is a few miles west.

eaglefan87
11-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Midlands not that bad...could be worse. We've won pleanty of times there, and I think in recent playoff games, we've never lost one that was played in Midland. The team you really dont wanna play at home in the playoffs is a few miles west.

Amen brother.....some coach will be dumb enough to flip for home field and end up playin at Ratliff though.....too bad:cool:

Shoot2thrill
11-02-2008, 10:08 PM

It really won't matter where (and if) we play Lee. I doubt they would win this year no matter where we play them IMHO. :cool:

ExCOOG88
11-03-2008, 10:35 AM
It really won't matter where (and if) we play Lee. I doubt they would win this year no matter where we play them IMHO. :cool:

I agree, AHS ought to march into the third rnd.

War Eagle
11-03-2008, 01:36 PM

While I don't disagree I really hate to make statements like that due to past playoff experiences when we should have done the same...Lubbock Monterrey comes to mind more than once, as does El Paso Del Valle. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

What I am hoping this year's team is thinking is since they came through such a weak district they will be extra focused against the 1st and 2nd round opponents and do just fine. I think our weaker district could actually help us against being complacent and avoid the potential low emotion game.

AHSeagles
11-03-2008, 01:49 PM
seriously...look at these stats

55 carries, 541 yards, 9.8 avg, 8 TDs

17 receptions, 346 yards, 20.4 avg ypc, 5 TDs

he gets 12.3 yards every time he touches the ball

You forgot his return stats. He's returned three kicks for TDs.:eek:

AHSeagles
11-03-2008, 01:51 PM

You're dumb...:D

AE 8008
11-03-2008, 02:11 PM
You're dumb...:D

WHOOSH
:confused:

there it went, over his head:D

AHSeagles
11-03-2008, 02:13 PM
WHOOSH

there it went, over his head:D

He does catch some things.:eek:

AE 8008
11-03-2008, 02:22 PM
He does catch some things.:eek:

nothing worthwile;)

biggolfdad
11-03-2008, 04:56 PM
How has the JV, Soph., and 9th grade teams faired in district ?

biggolfdad
11-04-2008, 11:12 AM

War Eagle
11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
I do not know but wouldn't it be nice if our wonderful paper cared enough to print scores of the local JV's, sophmore, and freshman games? They used to years ago even print the middle school games scores.

ExCOOG88
11-04-2008, 11:26 AM
I do not know but wouldn't it be nice if our wonderful paper cared enough to print scores of the local JV's, sophmore, and freshman games? They used to years ago even print the middle school games scores.

Hell, I gave up on the Distorter in the 80's. Worthless newspaper in my opinion.

youtellatale
11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
I coach several of the AHS JV gold and JV black players in soccer, they are both doing well, with Black destroying everyone just about like the varsity except maybe a little worse and Gold doing just fine on their own. The future is bright. (Also, AHS has some good kickers coming up, theyre young but can kick through the endzone with ease, figured id throw it out there)

tmcran
11-04-2008, 02:52 PM
The one thing I liked about the old 3-5A was being able to read the Midland and Odessa sports pages online. They gave more info on Abilene and Cooper than the Abilene Repeater Snooz. The Abilene sports page is good to line the bird cage with. :(

AE 8008
11-04-2008, 05:27 PM
The one thing I liked about the old 3-5A was being able to read the Midland and Odessa sports pages online. They gave more info on Abilene and Cooper than the Abilene Repeater Snooz. The Abilene sports page is good to line the bird cage with. :(

people still have pet birds?:confused:

Shoot2thrill
11-04-2008, 07:15 PM

Or wrap fish in. :eek:;)

tmcran
11-04-2008, 10:05 PM
people still have pet birds?:confused:

Yep, pet buzzard.:D

AE 8008
11-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Yep, pet buzzard.:D

hahaha

Warbird
11-05-2008, 06:23 PM
hahaha

What's the over/under on AHS vs. NC?

AHSeagles
11-05-2008, 08:46 PM

Us by a large margin.:D I don't actually know except I've heard they have good enough athletes to potentially make things a little interesting, but they don't play well as a team.

AE 8008
11-05-2008, 08:47 PM

no idea

Shoot2thrill
11-05-2008, 08:48 PM

What, you think this is Vegas with an over/under line??;)

If there were such a thing in HS football, I would set it @ about 65 for this game though. :cool:

wperry4
11-05-2008, 11:43 PM

to much to, to little

eaglefan87
11-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Let's hope AHS is taking N Crowley seriously....from what I hear they are loaded with good athletes. That gets me to wondering why a team "loaded" with good athletes has a losing record overall....coaching or just too many "all about me" players?

AE 8008
11-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Let's hope AHS is taking N Crowley seriously....from what I hear they are loaded with good athletes. That gets me to wondering why a team "loaded" with good athletes has a losing record overall....coaching or just too many "all about me" players?

could be a combination of both. either way, those athletes kept them in a close game tonight, 20-10. idk if subs were played alot, or if Abilene was just flat, or what. but 10-0 is 10-0 no matter how ya get there. here's to 4 district championships the past 5 years, and 10 straight years of playoffs! GO EAGLES!

eaglefan87
11-08-2008, 02:17 AM
could be a combination of both. either way, those athletes kept them in a close game tonight, 20-10. idk if subs were played alot, or if Abilene was just flat, or what. but 10-0 is 10-0 no matter how ya get there. here's to 4 district championships the past 5 years, and 10 straight years of playoffs! GO EAGLES!

Amen brother! GO WARBIRDS!!!!!

AbEagleFan
11-08-2008, 02:23 AM

You want to know why? Were you at the game? Read my thread "Hey North Crowley"

If it's still there...

biggolfdad
11-08-2008, 09:38 AM
:

If it's still there...

It is still there. I think you hit the nail right on the head
:D :notworthy :eek:

AbEagleFan
11-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Cpr
:d

AHSeagles
11-12-2008, 08:38 PM

If it's still there...

I'm surprised you're still here for that. ;):D I agree though.

AHSeagles
11-12-2008, 09:16 PM
I'll go ahead and throw this out since there's not much going on currently.

The Eagle boys basketball team has their first game Tuesday night at 7 at the Eagle Gym. The Eagles will be taking on Lubbock Coronado. Come out and support the basketball team!

AbEagleFan
11-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm surprised you're still here for that. ;):D I agree though.

Oh I am sure the football gods understood my frustration and the fact one of their own fans stated the fact as well.

AbEagleFan
11-12-2008, 09:44 PM

The Eagle boys basketball team has their first game Tuesday night at 7 at the Eagle Gym. The Eagles will be taking on Lubbock Coronado. Come out and support the basketball team!

Thanks, keep us posted, etc.

PeterGibbons
11-13-2008, 03:08 AM

I think any games this year... especially in district... that they can keep within 40 they can consider a moral victory. For everything good the football team has/will do this year, the AHS basketball team will be that bad or worse

eaglefan87
11-14-2008, 10:39 AM
I think any games this year... especially in district... that they can keep within 40 they can consider a moral victory. For everything good the football team has/will do this year, the AHS basketball team will be that bad or worse

I think u r right about that.....We r gonna take some serious :Censor:whoopings in b-ball. I'm not sure why we can't seem to put a good team on the court.....we have some good athletes. I'm sure FW Paschall can't wait for the first b-ball game against us.

eaglefan87
11-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Well the season is over....and while it ended prematurely in a very disappointing upset it was a very entertaining season. We played some new teams and possibly established a couple of rivalries. We finished the regular season 10-0 and won our district. We beat Cooper. We saw the emergence of our next superstar player, Herschel Sims. While we fell far short of the expectations we had prior to the season I still enjoyed the ride! Here's looking forward to next year!!!!!

abileneeagles311
11-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Well the season is over....and while it ended prematurely in a very disappointing upset it was a very entertaining season. We played some new teams and possibly established a couple of rivalries. We finished the regular season 10-0 and won our district. We beat Cooper. We saw the emergence of our next superstar player, Herschel Sims. While we fell far short of the expectations we had prior to the season I still enjoyed the ride! Here's looking forward to next year!!!!!
and he will definitely be a superstar, as well as a few other sophmores like tony curtis (RB), darius joseph (S), jarrod west (DE), and ronnell sims (QB or WR).

abileneeagles311
11-16-2008, 06:34 PM

i think the scores of our district games in basketball will be about the same as the football scores, but we will be on the other side of those games. :laugh:laugh:laugh

AE 8008
11-16-2008, 09:43 PM
i think the scores of our district games in basketball will be about the same as the football scores, but we will be on the other side of those games. :laugh:laugh:laugh

nonetheless, true fans would come to the games and support them

AHSeagles
11-16-2008, 10:48 PM

I keep up with the basketball team about as much as the football team, and I think the only district games the Eagles have no shot of winning are North Crowley and Richland. NC is the returning state champs and Richland have the freak Nolan Dennis on their team. The rest of the teams are pretty average at basketball. Besides, the old LSWC was no push over in round ball. Midand Lee went deep in the playoffs until losing to eventual state champs NC, and the Eagles played Lee pretty close both games.

AHSeagles
11-16-2008, 10:51 PM
I think u r right about that.....We r gonna take some serious :Censor:whoopings in b-ball. I'm not sure why we can't seem to put a good team on the court.....we have some good athletes. I'm sure FW Paschall can't wait for the first b-ball game against us.

There are some good athletes in basketball, but the problem is most of the best athletes at AHS are playing football. The varsity team will always be full of kids who are natural athletes, but if you go watch the JV and Freshman off-season basketball kids, it makes you wonder if some of these kids have even picked up a ball before. Also, Warren tends to discourage his good players from going to basketball in favor of staying and doing the off-season workout in football. On the flip side, Willis, the head basketball coach, doesn't like relying on kids coming from football and those kids normally don't get very much playing time and eventually end up quiting.

MOJO Mystique
11-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Congrats on a great season Abilene. Hopefully #20 heals up and goes on to a good college career.

AHSeagles
11-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Congrats on a great season Abilene. Hopefully #20 heals up and goes on to a good college career.

Much appreciated and good luck to Mojo. Welcome to the board!

eaglefan87
11-17-2008, 04:02 AM
There are some good athletes in basketball, but the problem is most of the best athletes at AHS are playing football. The varsity team will always be full of kids who are natural athletes, but if you go watch the JV and Freshman off-season basketball kids, it makes you wonder if some of these kids have even picked up a ball before. Also, Warren tends to discourage his good players from going to basketball in favor of staying and doing the off-season workout in football. On the flip side, Willis, the head basketball coach, doesn't like relying on kids coming from football and those kids normally don't get very much playing time and eventually end up quiting.

I have heard that before.....I know that a few of the starting receivers on last years football team quit basketball because they were not getting any playing time. All were very good bballers. It's a shame if it is true that the coach won't play his best athletes.

AHSeagles
11-17-2008, 01:12 PM
I have heard that before.....I know that a few of the starting receivers on last years football team quit basketball because they were not getting any playing time. All were very good bballers. It's a shame if it is true that the coach won't play his best athletes.

Yeah, Kortney is the only senior from last year that came from football. He was a 3 year starter in both football and basketball, but several other players came from football and ended up quitting. The only other player that stuck with it was John Reynols, who's back this season. Not real sure the logic behind the discrimination Willis shows the football kids. I can understand not wanting to have to be completely reliant on kids that are coming in after the season is already under way, but some of those kids are good players and need to be on the court.

abileneeagles311
11-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I keep up with the basketball team about as much as the football team, and I think the only district games the Eagles have no shot of winning are North Crowley and Richland. NC is the returning state champs and Richland have the freak Nolan Dennis on their team. The rest of the teams are pretty average at basketball. Besides, the old LSWC was no push over in round ball. Midand Lee went deep in the playoffs until losing to eventual state champs NC, and the Eagles played Lee pretty close both games.
yeah i know that abilene will have a hard time with richland and NC but idk anything about the other teams in our district when it comes to basketball

biggolfdad
11-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Basketball may be a long season. Do not see many W on the schedule.

:(

abileneeagles311
11-18-2008, 09:14 PM
yeah they played lubbock coronado tonight, and i left with like 3 minutes left in the game and we were down by 12 or 13

biggolfdad
11-19-2008, 04:09 PM
yeah they played lubbock coronado tonight, and i left with like 3 minutes left in the game and we were down by 12 or 13

That is not too bad. Closer than I expected.

ExCOOG88
11-19-2008, 04:13 PM
They will be lucky to keep it with in 60 against North Crowley, Knowing Brackel he won't let up.

abileneeagles311
11-19-2008, 04:19 PM
That is not too bad. Closer than I expected.
i think they ended up losing by 11.

biggolfdad
11-19-2008, 05:26 PM
i think they ended up losing by 11.

That is encouraging.

eaglefan87
11-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Mansfield beat EP Montwood 31-21. Monty was up at half 21-17. Mansfield's RB Taylor had over 200 yards rushing in the 3rd qtr....don't know what his final total was.

AE 8008
11-22-2008, 12:28 AM
Mansfield beat EP Montwood 31-21. Monty was up at half 21-17. Mansfield's RB Taylor had over 200 yards rushing in the 3rd qtr....don't know what his final total was.

wow:eek:

what are his season totals?

abileneeagles311
11-22-2008, 01:05 PM
the basketball team lost to lubbock high last night. 42-61.:(:(:(

eaglefan87
11-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Taylor finished the game against Montwood with 267 yds on 44 carries and 4 TDs. My earlier post was somewhat misleading...I should have said he had 200 yards rushing thru the 3rd not in the 3rd...sorry.

DMN article said he carried the ball on 18 of Mansfield's 22 plays in the fourth qtr and two of those 4 where he did not were kneel downs. Mansfield limited Montwood one first down in the second half and monty only ran 2 offensive plays in the fourth qtr according to the DMN article.

They get CHill next week....I'm rooting for them.....they are definitely the cinderella of this seasons POs.

AHSeagles
11-22-2008, 06:04 PM
the basketball team lost to lubbock high last night. 42-61.:(:(:(

Rough night for the Eagles last night. Lubbock started the game on an 18-0 run, all of which being contested 3 pointers.:eek:

Both games the Eagles have played so far this season were very winnable. They do lots of shooting themselves in the foot (17 and 18 turnovers in the two games and only shot 50% from the free throw line). Seth Carroll is leadind the eagles averaging 14 points and 7 rebounds a game.

They play Lubbock Monterey Tuesday night at 7 here.

abileneeagles311
11-23-2008, 12:54 PM
the all district teams came out today, abilene high had 24 players make it.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
stephen warren got offensive MVP
chris williams and marvin foster (north crowley) got defensive MVP
herschel sims got offensive sophmore of the year
they had 11 players on first team (4 were juniors)
they had 8 players on the 2nd team (5 were juniors)
they had 2 players make it to honorable mention (1 was a junior)

AHSeagles
11-23-2008, 03:26 PM
the all district teams came out today, abilene high had 24 players make it.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
stephen warren got offensive MVP
chris williams and marvin foster (north crowley) got defensive MVP
herschel sims got offensive sophmore of the year
they had 11 players on first team (4 were juniors)
they had 8 players on the 2nd team (5 were juniors)
they had 2 players make it to honorable mention (1 was a junior)

Congrats to all the Eagle and other 3-5A players that made this list. :notworthy

eaglefan87
11-23-2008, 03:41 PM
AHS also had alot of kids make the All-Academic Team. Coach Warren was named Coach of the Year and the AHS coaching staff won Staff of the Year.

biggolfdad
11-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Congrats to all the young men who made the 3-5A list. All were well deserving.

:) :) :)

AE 8008
11-23-2008, 06:01 PM
wow, thats domination lol

abileneeagles311
11-23-2008, 09:07 PM
AHS also had alot of kids make the All-Academic Team. Coach Warren was named Coach of the Year and the AHS coaching staff won Staff of the Year.
o yeah, i forgot to put the coaching stuff.
thanks.

biggolfdad
11-24-2008, 04:53 PM
:notworthy

:)

-

trojanbacker
11-24-2008, 04:59 PM
In answer to your question about Taylor. According to the DMN, he is at 360 for 2262 and 28 TDs.

abileneeagles311
11-24-2008, 05:55 PM
In answer to your question about Taylor. According to the DMN, he is at 360 for 2262 and 28 TDs.
i would have to say that that's pretty dang good
thanks for the stats :notworthy:notworthy

AbEagleFan
11-24-2008, 06:12 PM
wow, thats domination lol

yeah, a lot of good it did them, huh....

AE 8008
11-24-2008, 06:15 PM
is there a link to an article that shows who all got what honors?

abileneeagles311
11-24-2008, 07:20 PM
is there a link to an article that shows who all got what honors?
http://reporternews.com/news/2008/nov/22/eagles-dominate-all-district-selections/?partner=RSS
http://reporternews.com/news/2008/nov/23/no-headline---all-district_3-5a_list/?partner=RSS

biggolfdad
11-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Impressive list of young men who received honors. Well deserved by all.

:D

biggolfdad
11-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Eagles boys basketball won last night vs. Lubbock Monterey.

AE 8008
11-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Eagles boys basketball won last night vs. Lubbock Monterey.

congrats to those boys, hope they can keep it goin

biggolfdad
11-28-2008, 10:20 PM

abileneeagles311
12-03-2008, 05:04 PM
the guys and girls basketball teams lost last night....
guys played wichita falls
and the girls played ballinger
i don't know the scores though

biggolfdad
12-06-2008, 07:43 PM
They lost some games in this weeks tournaments.

AE 8008
12-06-2008, 09:59 PM
i went to Harding's basketball game tonight...won by 49 points....idk why we even schedule teams like that lol

biggolfdad
12-07-2008, 02:17 PM
i went to Harding's basketball game tonight...won by 49 points....idk why we even schedule teams like that lol

someone needs to play them..

AbEagleFan
12-07-2008, 10:26 PM
the guys and girls basketball teams lost last night....
guys played wichita falls
and the girls played ballinger
i don't know the scores though

Wow, Ballinger is a 2A team...

trinitytrojansdominate
12-07-2008, 10:46 PM
ya'll are a heck of a team
ya'll beat southlake last year witch i was pleased with

AE 8008
12-08-2008, 12:50 AM

thanks. dont know how much longer we'll be up here with you guys though

tmcran
12-08-2008, 09:27 AM

The thing I remember about last year was driving thru Euless to TS after beating SLC the week before. We stopped at a place to eat and a van had "Hug a Trojan". Underneath is said "Thanks Abilene Eagles." While setting in the cafe some Trogan fans came up and offered congats and wished us well in the game with Hebron. Have had warm spot for the Trojans since. :D

I was hoping you guys would go all the way this year.

abileneeagles311
12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
The thing I remember about last year was driving thru Euless to TS after beating SLC the week before. We stopped at a place to eat and a van had "Hug a Trojan". Underneath is said "Thanks Abilene Eagles." While setting in the cafe some Trogan fans came up and offered congats and wished us well in the game with Hebron. Have had warm spot for the Trojans since. :D

I was hoping you guys would go all the way this year.
thats pretty funny :D

biggolfdad
12-09-2008, 06:44 PM
EAGLES face Cooper tonight in boys basketball.

abileneeagles311
12-09-2008, 08:36 PM
eagles face cooper tonight in boys basketball.
go eagles!!!!!

abileneeagles311
12-10-2008, 10:23 AM
abilene high - 37 cooper - 51:(:(

Eagle81
12-10-2008, 05:02 PM
abilene high - 37 cooper - 51:(:(

Isn't district going to be fun?:eek:

tmcran
12-10-2008, 07:03 PM

Hey, we knew this was going to happen. No surprise so lets just stay on FB:D

biggolfdad
12-10-2008, 08:11 PM

non-district is already a barrel of fun

:eek:

abileneeagles311
12-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey, we knew this was going to happen. No surprise so lets just stay on FB:D
i agree.... :D:D

abileneeagles311
12-10-2008, 09:26 PM
:laugh:laugh... it should be great :D

biggolfdad
12-11-2008, 07:30 PM
:laugh

eaglefan87
12-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Someone started a social group on here called, " Abilene High Eagles". It is a public group that anyone who is an Eagle fan can join. I didn't even know there were groups on this site until I got a notice to join. Anyone interested please join....may be a good way to communicate to all Eagle fans...especially during the season.

abileneeagles311
12-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Someone started a social group on here called, " Abilene High Eagles". It is a public group that anyone who is an Eagle fan can join. I didn't even know there were groups on this site until I got a notice to join. Anyone interested please join....may be a good way to communicate to all Eagle fans...especially during the season.
yeah, we should get as many eagle fans to join as possible. :D

biggolfdad
12-13-2008, 03:07 PM

Join up...

biggolfdad
12-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Join up...

:Music

Satchel
12-15-2008, 06:12 PM
:Music

Gee, heres another ABILENE thread! I sure dont want to miss any little thing about them!:D

tmcran
12-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Gee, heres another ABILENE thread! I sure dont want to miss any little thing about them!:D

See you are getting smarter already......

Satchel
12-15-2008, 06:48 PM
See you are getting smarter already......

:notworthy I know! But i have so far to go!:notworthy

tmcran
12-15-2008, 07:17 PM

Hee Hee :cool:

abileneeagles311
12-15-2008, 10:28 PM
the abilene high boys lost tonight to estacato
69 - 51

AE 8008
12-16-2008, 02:37 AM

just think if he was 2 years ago with all the SLC threads!

believe me man...the whole front page was dedicated to SLC

AbEagleFan
12-16-2008, 02:23 PM

oh yeah sure. I bet someone has already gone down to home depot and purchased a rope with my name on it...

tmcran
12-16-2008, 03:25 PM
oh yeah sure. I bet someone has already gone down to home depot and purchased a rope with my name on it...

Now that is funny!!!!!:D:D:D

abileneeagles311
12-16-2008, 04:09 PM
:laugh:laugh

biggolfdad
12-16-2008, 09:51 PM

yeah, another one.

ashmad6
12-18-2008, 10:08 AM
cAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW cHRIS wILLIAMS IS DOING SINCE SURGERY? i HAVE A FRIEND THAT IS A HUSKER FAN WONDERING!

abileneeagles311
12-18-2008, 02:59 PM
cAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW cHRIS wILLIAMS IS DOING SINCE SURGERY? i HAVE A FRIEND THAT IS A HUSKER FAN WONDERING!
he's not doing bad, he's in a wheelchair right now. he just needs time

eaglefan87
12-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Just got through reading the 5A all state list and I am really surprised that Chris Williams was totally snubbed this year.......not even an honorable mention! I have not seen his official stats for the year but I saw every game this year except Paschall and N Crowley and I thought he was having a great year. He was making huge plays seemed like every week......making huge hits, blowing up plays for loss, forcing TOs, making INTs, blocked at least 1 kick and scored at least 1 TD. What a total FAIL by whoever is responsible for the all state teams to have a player who was having a great year THIS year go from 5A Def POY to not even an honorable mention!!!

abileneeagles311
12-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Just got through reading the 5A all state list and I am really surprised that Chris Williams was totally snubbed this year.......not even an honorable mention! I have not seen his official stats for the year but I saw every game this year except Paschall and N Crowley and I thought he was having a great year. He was making huge plays seemed like every week......making huge hits, blowing up plays for loss, forcing TOs, making INTs, blocked at least 1 kick and scored at least 1 TD. What a total FAIL by whoever is responsible for the all state teams to have a player who was having a great year THIS year go from 5A Def POY to not even an honorable mention!!!
yeah, i was thinking the same thing. and one of the reasons that his stats aren't as good as some of those guys are cuz he only played like 2 to 3 quarters of each game

ExCOOG88
12-19-2008, 11:01 AM
he's not doing bad, he's in a wheelchair right now. he just needs time

Really, damn after my reconstructive knee surgery they had me up and around in a month. Never was in a wheel chair.

abileneeagles311
12-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Really, damn after my reconstructive knee surgery they had me up and around in a month. Never was in a wheel chair.
yeah, but i don't really know how he's feeling

biggolfdad
12-19-2008, 08:19 PM
yeah, but i don't really know how he's feeling

someone told me today that he is on crutches and moving pretty good.

abileneeagles311
12-20-2008, 12:44 AM
someone told me today that he is on crutches and moving pretty good.
it must've been some time this week then