PDA

View Full Version : Yanni....Your thoughts.

Redneckn
11-18-2005, 09:06 AM
What do y'all think about Yanni?

I kind of like his music.. As far as Yanni himself, I don't know the man. But his music is good.. It's almost as good as Enigma and Enya...

wide-e-wide
11-18-2005, 09:13 AM

I kind of like his music.. As far as Yanni himself, I don't know the man. But his music is good.. It's almost as good as Enigma and Enya...

Congratulations Redneckn...you're gay

If you will please take 2 steps back...place your man card on the table..and get the hell off of our board now.

dada
11-18-2005, 09:19 AM
As Butthead would tell Beavis "Huh hu hu huhuhaa..Yannis your dad"
Beavis: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BigArab
11-18-2005, 10:51 AM
I have a wiiiiide tast in music including classical, classic rock, musicals hard rock, I even like some of the newer Christian hardcore bands (imagine an old man like me at one of those concerts getting moshed to death). Regardless of my profession, music has always been an intergral part of my life. That being said, I don't own a Yanni CD and probably never will but I respect the man because he makes very good music and has done many things for his genre.

Redneckn
11-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Wide. You just need to open your mind a little more..haha..

Really, I like his music. I don't sit and listen to it all the time, but it is good.
I have a couple of his cd's..Nothing wrong with that...

wide-e-wide
11-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Wide. You just need to open your mind a little more..haha..

Really, I like his music. I don't sit and listen to it all the time, but it is good.
I have a couple of his cd's..Nothing wrong with that...

My musical taste ranges from Conway Twitty to Motown to 50 cent...
I guess I haven't made it to the "Y's" yet...
It's elevator music bro...how can you listen to elevator music?
It's like those dorks that ride around blasting club music on a Monday morning...WTF is that all about?

Redneckn
11-18-2005, 11:43 AM
My musical taste ranges from Conway Twitty to Motown to 50 cent...
I guess I haven't made it to the "Y's" yet...
It's elevator music bro...how can you listen to elevator music?
It's like those dorks that ride around blasting club music on a Monday morning...WTF is that all about?

I listen to club music. Everyday.. Not just Monday...

It's just a music thing...

SeguinMatadors
11-18-2005, 11:54 AM

Now this is one thing no redneck should ever admit to.

Redneckn
11-18-2005, 12:49 PM
There is nothing wrong with being open minded musically...
I am comfortable enough with my manhood to be able to listen to Yanni without worrying about maybe it turning me into a homosexual.

lonny23
11-18-2005, 01:38 PM
I agree that Yanni is easy to make fun of. He makes nice sounding music, but I've never been into his new-age music stuff. Club music is fine any day of the week. There are no bad days for certain musical genres.

Redneckn
11-18-2005, 01:43 PM
I'd like to see Yanni in concert. And Enigma.. And NIN once more before I die. The Cure again before I die... And RobZombie...

jtk1519
11-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Do I really need to comment on this...

http://www.bravenavel.com/blog/images/Yanni.GIF

dragons08
11-18-2005, 05:42 PM
yanni? wtf

BigArab
11-18-2005, 05:42 PM
I want to see Smashing Pumpkins before I die.

The only Conway Twitty song I like is Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man.

mad_fan
11-18-2005, 05:51 PM
There is somethin' appealin' about sittin' on the front porch...listenin' to some Yanni...throughin' back some cold brews...and shootin' sh!^ with ye're shotgun.

Redneckn
11-18-2005, 06:03 PM
I want to see Smashing Pumpkins before I die.

The only Conway Twitty song I like is Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man.

There are no more Smashing Pumpkins.. One of 'em died...

MadFan... That's right.. It's very calming music...
If the whole world owned at least 1 Yanni CD... Uh...Yanni would be really really really rich...

Redneckn
11-18-2005, 06:04 PM
yanni? wtf

Why aren't you at the game? oh yeah.. Mommy wouldnt take you..hahahaha

lonny23
11-18-2005, 06:11 PM
There is somethin' appealin' about sittin' on the front porch...listenin' to some Yanni...throughin' back some cold brews...and shootin' sh!^ with ye're shotgun.
He probably shoots stuff because he IS listening to Yanni! :D

BigArab
11-18-2005, 10:53 PM
There are no more Smashing Pumpkins.. One of 'em died...

MadFan... That's right.. It's very calming music...
If the whole world owned at least 1 Yanni CD... Uh...Yanni would be really really really rich...

No, James Melvoin wasn't an original member. He was the touring keyboardist and Jimmy Chamberlain (the drummer) gave him drugs that he ODed on so Jimmy was kicked out. Then D'arcy the bass player quit/was kicked out because of drug problems. Chamberlain rehabbed and came back with a new bass player named Melissa Auf der Maur. After the one album with her, they broke up. Corgan and Chamberlain formed Zwan (which met a quick demise) and James Iha is playing with A Perfect Circle. Very recently, Corgan said he is going to do whatever he can to get them back together.

Redneckn
11-18-2005, 11:00 PM
No, James Melvoin wasn't an original member. He was the touring keyboardist and Jimmy Chamberlain (the drummer) gave him drugs that he ODed on so Jimmy was kicked out. Then D'arcy the bass player quit/was kicked out because of drug problems. Chamberlain rehabbed and came back with a new bass player named Melissa Auf der Maur. After the one album with her, they broke up. Corgan and Chamberlain formed Zwan (which met a quick demise) and James Iha is playing with A Perfect Circle. Very recently, Corgan said he is going to do whatever he can to get them back together.

I didn't know any of that.. I stand corrected...
That would be pretty kool if they got back. I was never a huge fan, but they were kool enough in my book..

LoneStarProud
11-20-2005, 10:37 AM
I heard that listening to Yanni has become the thing to do in the locker room before games...or is it Anne Murray...I forget. Really gets you pumped up. :p

SeeingRed
11-20-2005, 05:32 PM
I heard that listening to Yanni has become the thing to do in the locker room before games...or is it Anne Murray...I forget. Really gets you pumped up. :p

Pumped as in "stomach pump"?

mad_fan
11-21-2005, 07:23 PM
...rhymes with Lonny. :D