PDA

View Full Version : Toughest District?

TheYoungCoach
05-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Who's got the toughest district in the state? I'm talking overall, top to bottom, not just those districts with 1 or 2 strong teams. 11-5A and 14-5A come to mind.(Garland, South Garland, Lufkin, etc.) I'm sure the Dragon-backers will scream blasphemy, but I don't think 5-5A qualifies, b/c after Southlake and Denton Ryan, it really drops off. Any thoughts?

dragonsdaddy
05-31-2005, 06:54 PM
coach, after slc, and a fairly distant dr(they have lots of holes), there really isn't much to brag about. keller should be down as will fridge. haltom may win a few more. gv and c-h are question marks.

Red Raiders
05-31-2005, 06:56 PM
12-5A (Tyler Lee, Longview,John Tyler, North Mesquite, and Mesquite). There all going to be better next year so it should be the toughest district.

LeanderLions3033
05-31-2005, 07:06 PM
15-5a has to be top 10 material by now. Leander(for the most part), Pflugerville, and RR McNeil (for the most part) are becoming regulars in the playoffs every year now. After Pflugerville finally bridged the gap of getting out of the 1st round (that'll happen when Waco starts having down years ;) ) our district has gotten alot more recognition. When Georgetown finally gets a new coaching staff, they'll be more than legit, they have plenty of talent. And before McNeil was on, RR Westwood and Round Rock High school were the schools to beat. This year I expect the 4 playoff teams to be (sounds weird saying 4 playoff teams, i know)...
1. Leander
2. Pflugerville
3. RR McNeil
4. Georgetown

Cedar Park has just lost too much. But what do you guys think of 15-5a?

Red Raiders
05-31-2005, 07:11 PM
15-5a has to be top 10 material by now. Leander(for the most part), Pflugerville, and RR McNeil (for the most part) are becoming regulars in the playoffs every year now. After Pflugerville finally bridged the gap of getting out of the 1st round (that'll happen when Waco starts having down years ;) ) our district has gotten alot more recognition. When Georgetown finally gets a new coaching staff, they'll be more than legit, they have plenty of talent. And before McNeil was on, RR Westwood and Round Rock High school were the schools to beat. This year I expect the 4 playoff teams to be (sounds weird saying 4 playoff teams, i know)...
1. Leander
2. Pflugerville
3. RR McNeil
4. Georgetown

Cedar Park has just lost too much. But what do you guys think of 15-5a?

I would say that yall would be top 10 hardest district in Texas.

BAMF cowboy
05-31-2005, 07:25 PM
Who's got the toughest district in the state? I'm talking overall, top to bottom, not just those districts with 1 or 2 strong teams. 11-5A and 14-5A come to mind.(Garland, South Garland, Lufkin, etc.) I'm sure the Dragon-backers will scream blasphemy, but I don't think 5-5A qualifies, b/c after Southlake and Denton Ryan, it really drops off. Any thoughts?

Please don't automatically assume that the Dragon-nation will be claiming we have the toughest district. Most level-headed Dragon fans will know that 5-5A isn't much to show off.

owlfan 1
05-31-2005, 07:38 PM
11-5A is a tough district and belongs in the top half of any list of the toughest in the state.

Everyone is talking about South Garland and Garland this year; I think that North Garland is going to be a tough team this year, too. They got smoked in the playoffs against a powerful Longview team, but they return almost everyone again this year. The Raider's losses to GHS and SG last year were both last minute thrillers (they took Garland to OT).

Rowlett has a solid program that has yet to crack the playoffs, but they are up and coming and could be in the mix at the end.

Lakeview has a new coach and has always had talent. I believe we'll be hearing from them in the future.

Naaman Forest may have suffered worse than anyone when Sachse HS opened up - the talent level is down for the Rangers right now. Sachse and Naaman will likely fight it out for last place again this year.

Overall, this is a competitive district that is a lot of fun to follow. Nothing like districts 12 or 26, but a good one nonetheless.

GTown02
05-31-2005, 08:14 PM
I still would like to have North Mesquite and Mesquite back in our district. I always enjoyed playing against those two teams. :)

owlfan 1
05-31-2005, 08:19 PM
True - I miss going to Hanby and Memorial, too. Those are great places to watch games. Memorial is the site of one of my all time favorite Owl moments - the win against NM in 2002.

I think Mesquite will surprise some folks this year in 12-5A. North Mesquite will have to overcome the loss of those two standout players...

CCDawgs05
05-31-2005, 08:50 PM
13-5A should be considered......6 winning teams last year....

1.Copperas Cove
2.Byran
3.Waco
4.AM Consolidated
5.Harker Heights
6. Killeen - Shoemaker

Those are pretty solid teams.....but theres also Temple and Belton

supercentex
05-31-2005, 08:51 PM
I think 13-5A is pretty tough.

2003 was a crazy year. Waco, Cove, and A&M picked to make the playoffs....

Cove and Waco stayed home.

Bottom cellar dwellers Belton and Temple made the playoffs along with A&M Consolidated.

There always seems to be a 'surprise' making the playoffs.....2004 had Bryan making it.

2005's surprise team could be Killeen Shoemaker.

NMHS fan
05-31-2005, 08:54 PM
True - I miss going to Hanby and Memorial, too. Those are great places to watch games. Memorial is the site of one of my all time favorite Owl moments - the win against NM in 2002.

I think Mesquite will surprise some folks this year in 12-5A. North Mesquite will have to overcome the loss of those two standout players...

Yeah, that was a great game. I'm still feeling our OT loss to Lufkin in the playoffs that year. We had one of out better teams. That was a great win for the Owls at our place, both undefeated going in.

We should be better this season than the last two, but still some question marks that need answers. Mesquite should be good, although I'm not sure who will be replacing that QB they had in the playoffs, Dray Johnson. He was great for them during their playoff run.

supercentex
05-31-2005, 08:54 PM
But, I think the toughest district ever right before it was broken up was the old 12-5A.

13-5A was tough when Killeen and Ellison were the only two schools in Killeen.

NewSherriffInTown
05-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Based on Freeman Ratings which is done by a computer...

here is the order...

26-5A
3-5A
6-5a
12-5a
13-5a
15-5a
27-5a
8-5a
5-5a

Nobody else separated themselves for the 10th spot.

6-9 are toss ups...

Big Daddy Cool
05-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Not sure as to which is the toughest but i know 23-5A has got to be one of if not the weakest district in the state. You have North Shore and then its a dog fight from there with no one really standing out.

Xfballphenome05
05-31-2005, 11:04 PM
26-5a

Smithson Valley,Judson,Madison,Reagan,Churchill,all playoff worthy teams.

SV state taker
06-01-2005, 02:09 AM
haha maybe all of those but regan... the only way they could get into playing in the playoffs is maybe buying their way in... god nos they have so much money in stone oak alone they couls buy a state championship too... but as for SV judson churchill and madison.... they show texas what 26-5A is all about..

if you do happen to throw in Reagen you might as well add lee too right?

Purple Haze
06-01-2005, 07:01 AM
Based on Freeman Ratings which is done by a computer...

here is the order...

26-5A
3-5A
6-5a
12-5a
13-5a
15-5a
27-5a
8-5a
5-5a

Nobody else separated themselves for the 10th spot.

6-9 are toss ups...

I am not surprised that 26-5A and 3-5A are at the top... both are the cream of the crop. Oops, didn't mean to play the rhyme game. :D

pack0808
06-01-2005, 09:47 AM
But, I think the toughest district ever right before it was broken up was the old 12-5A.

13-5A was tough when Killeen and Ellison were the only two schools in Killeen.

you know the old 115a east tex district would have a big say on that centex. usually at least 3 were in the top 10 on a regular basis. once all 3 were in the top 5 all at once and in 98 4 were in the top 5 at the same time.

Bilbo
06-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Pack0808 posted the following in another thread entitled Best Football in the Nation East Texas - "Since the big 3 from east texas split up their district they are a combined 20-0 in the new district competition in the Houston and Dallas area" That's pretty impressive!

Red Raiders
06-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Everyone says there own district is hard, thats just ridicoulous.

supercentex
06-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Everyone says there own district is hard, thats just ridicoulous.

I didn't...I said the old 12-5A............which is 11-5A also.

That is why Waco High schedule a team from there every year.

One year we played all of them in one year! Longview, Tyler John-Tyler, Lufkin, and Tyler Lee all in one year.

Purple Haze
06-01-2005, 05:40 PM
One year we played all of them in one year! Longview, Tyler John-Tyler, Lufkin, and Tyler Lee all in one year.

Damn...I mean dang. THAT's murderers row right there...LOL :cool:

Red Raiders
06-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Damn...I mean dang. THAT's murderers row right there...LOL :cool:

Yep, it was very hard!

CoppellCowboy57
09-08-2005, 10:11 PM
6-5a

mad_fan
09-08-2005, 11:32 PM
haha maybe all of those but regan... the only way they could get into playing in the playoffs is maybe buying their way in... god nos they have so much money in stone oak alone they couls buy a state championship too... but as for SV judson churchill and madison.... they show texas what 26-5A is all about..

if you do happen to throw in Reagen you might as well add lee too right?

UNDEFEATED LEE!!!