PDA

View Full Version : Plano Vs Allen

Pages : [1] 2

NHB06
10-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Plano (7-0) vs Allen (5-1) at Clark. This game will likely determine the district 8-5A champion. Any predictions? Let the smack talk begin!!!!

TrojanHorse03
10-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Oh yeah, that is this coming week. I hate to say it though I think Plano will win. While Plano has struggled defensively this year, it's been primarily against teams who ran right at them. I also think this is a game where Matt Brown will miss Dan Buckner who was huge in last year's game, Plano will win.

HakaPoppa12
10-11-2008, 11:00 AM
This is my upset special for the upcoming week. Allen wins by a field goal.

EaglePower
10-11-2008, 11:53 AM
This is my upset special for the upcoming week. Allen wins by a field goal.

This. Both teams are doing great, but since I'm an Allen fan i'll have to give the edge to them ;)

da wiz
10-11-2008, 12:03 PM
i think it will be like that coppell- carroll game last night..
49-42 whoever..., since we are playing keller central, no dissrespect to them,
id almost consider going to this game.:eek:

jbusch
10-11-2008, 12:07 PM
i think it will be like that coppell- carroll game last night..
49-42 whoever..., since we are playing keller central, no dissrespect to them,
id almost consider going to this game.:eek:
Da wiz - give your heart a rest and stay away form the Plano - Allen game

Planofan2007
10-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Plano's defense finally put a complete game together last night. The last 2 TDs West scored were not on the starters. Plano was hitting and hitting hard seen a couple of times a West receiver going over the middle but not extending their arms nowing they were going to take a shot.

PlanoTexan
10-11-2008, 12:49 PM
If Plano wins it a district championship. Allen still has to play Wylie and will have their hands full. I think Plano wins by a TD.

covedawgfan
10-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Not in this district, but from what I've read, I am going with Allen, in a close battle to be won in the final few minutes of the game.

Tsup
10-11-2008, 03:19 PM
I give the defensive edge to Allen and think with that edge they will win the game. Still this game is like any other turnovers will be a huge factor and Allens QB has to take care of the ball for this prediction to hold. Once he learns game managment Allen can beat anyone

AllenFan09
10-11-2008, 04:27 PM
I think Allen has finally found a defense this year which will step up even more this game, get the crucial 3rd downs, and hold back Plano's strong offense. Plano's defense will let Allen's O score, while Matt Brown will try to keep his turnovers down to a minimum, and I'll go with the homer pick of Allen winning by a field goal 31-28.
Go Eagles!

TrojanHorse03
10-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Well seeing as some people(http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/wrappin-up-plano-44-plano-west-21.html) think Plano is the true best team in the area, Plano should win at home

eagleone
10-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Allen has only played one 5a team with a winning record and that was Trinity.
Their soft schedule doesn't prepare them for what lies ahead with Plano and then Wylie. Allen d has not been tested like it will be against Plano. Burkhead will have a great night if he gets to carry alot. Plano will score 40+ points and Allen 28. Too many tunovers for Allen to overcome!

AllenFan09
10-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Their soft schedule doesn't prepare them for what lies ahead with Plano and then Wylie. Allen d has not been tested like it will be against Plano. Burkhead will have a great night if he gets to carry alot. Plano will score 40+ points and Allen 28. Too many tunovers for Allen to overcome!

That's what they said last year :rolleyes:

dumbnimrod
10-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Plano played their first really solid defensive game last night, but the Quarterback Committee at Plano West can't hold a candle to Matt Brown. Allen has a lot of weapons. They will miss Dan Buckner from last year, but they still have a great offensive scheme. Looking at my roster last night, it seemed like Plano got bit in the rear by the eligibility bug. They're missing some guys that will be back in time for the playoffs, but gone for this game; and I think that will hurt them in the end.

Allen wins a close one; and it will be a real track meet. Plano then has two bye weeks (ok... McKinney Boyd and then a real bye week) before Jesuit rolls in for Homecoming. Last night's win pretty much means that the worst Plano will do is 9-1.

mrja13
10-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Allen by 7!:D

PWCF03
10-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Where did all of the people saying Plano was oR? I really miss them :( . Also I hope we don't get too embarrassed on our home turf....:p

da wiz
10-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Da wiz - give your heart a rest and stay away form the Plano - Allen game

yeah, you are right, i dont know what i was thinking:confused::)

bigdaddydog
10-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Allen 35

Plano 28

~

PWCF03
10-12-2008, 01:00 AM
bdD is being modest, it's kinda weird :D. i sure hope that we can stay up with them. our whole team in general is oR. have you looked at the "almost intercepted passes"? i think the UIL really needs to think about implementing something like that, our QB has had too many 'almost intercepted passes" for them to overlook the issue. I see Matt Brown having a perfect game and their D being stellar. On the other hand Carson MEGER will have a off night and have those "almost intercepted passes" and our D will collapse. ;)

jbusch
10-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Realistically shouldn't this one be held at Texas stadium?

allendad
10-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Where did all of the people saying Plano was oR? I really miss them :( . Also I hope we don't get too embarrassed on our home turf....:p

What do you mean "... our home turf"?

Man, that's OUR home turf!;)

bigdaddydog
10-12-2008, 10:34 AM
bdD is being modest, it's kinda weird :D. i sure hope that we can stay up with them. our whole team in general is oR. have you looked at the "almost intercepted passes"? i think the UIL really needs to think about implementing something like that, our QB has had too many 'almost intercepted passes" for them to overlook the issue. I see Matt Brown having a perfect game and their D being stellar. On the other hand Carson Meager will have a off night and have those "almost intercepted passes" and our D will collapse. ;)

From Your mouth to God's ear... :D

With 46 post's you might want to look into spelling your QBs name right. :rolleyes::p PWF is rolling over in his grave right now. He has eviscerated lesser men for that offense.

Allen 35

Plano 28

~

bigdaddydog
10-12-2008, 10:37 AM
What do you mean "... our home turf"?

Man, that's OUR home turf!;)

I looked at the Deed of record and it clearly says "Pwned by Allen ISD" :p

~

grayowl60
10-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Allen has a strong record this year... vs. teams from Mexico and 4A schools.
Sorry, just seems like something missing;)
GO EAGLES!!!

chickenheart1
10-12-2008, 11:26 AM
From Your mouth to God's ear... :D

With 46 post's you might want to look into spelling your QBs name right. :rolleyes::p PWF is rolling over in his grave right now. He has eviscerated lesser men for that offense.

Allen 35

Plano 28

~

If you really think you will hold us to 28 points than you no nothing about Plano. Meger...7 games / 16 TDs / NO INTERCEPTIONS!!! I think we have turned the ball over once, not including blocked punts.:notworthy We played a sloppy game on offense against west and still managed 44 points. Plano has somebody in the top 5 of every individual category in the area. Plano can score 28 points in their sleep.

THSBandDad
10-12-2008, 12:56 PM
If you really think you will hold us to 28 points than you no nothing about Plano. Meger...7 games / 16 TDs / NO INTERCEPTIONS!!! I think we have turned the ball over once, not including blocked punts.:notworthy We played a sloppy game on offense against west and still managed 44 points. Plano has somebody in the top 5 of every individual category in the area. Plano can score 28 points in their sleep.

28 points doesn't matter if your opponent scores 30.

PWCF03
10-12-2008, 01:11 PM
My bad I knew there was gonna be somethin you would point out. :(. Anyways MEGER will have more "almost interceptions" this game than any in his career. Also Allen owns Clark Field, they own Plano. Also if Plano is district champs it doesn't matter because Allen is superior to all. Plano will fall over like a dead horse. I don't even think I am gonna go, I don't want to be there when Allen beats us into the ground.

PWCF03
10-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I hope Plano can keep it as close as you guys are saying. Plano's D will not even show up. I doubt the team will even show up. Allen is pretty scary this year, they almost beat eT.

PWCF03
10-12-2008, 01:17 PM

It would be all Allen fans, Plano won't show up. They are shaking in their boots right now. This Allen team ALMOST beat eT. WATCH OUT the eagles are on the attack

PWCF03
10-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Also I am surprised Allen isn't ranked #1 in the state, I mean they did almost beat eT.

tjw
10-12-2008, 01:29 PM

:laugh Plano couldn't score 40+ points

Think this is easier then most figure as Plano is so overrated and has been all year.

Allen 31 Plano 17.

PWCF03
10-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Matt Brown has some impressive stats 7 interceptions. While Carson Meger has thrown at least 20+ "almost interceptions" this year. Dang Matt Brown is the leading rusher for you guys. Starting to sound like that Mckinney team, they have some guy that is a Mr. Do It All.

Also looking at Allen's receiving corps you have Dakarai Pecikonis has 299 yards and is avg almost 19 yards a catch. We are going to get ripped another one I can already tell. Looking at Plano's receiving corps Kris Lott only has 582 yards and his avg sucks it's only 15 yards.

Also Burkhead is way over-rated he only has 970 yards that's just rushing, he also has 200 in the receiving catagory. I couldn't get the stats on punt returns. Also couldn't really tell you how many "almost interceptions" MEGER has had. Hopefully the UIL will fix that this year.

I see Allen winning this one by a landslide, because I really don't think this Plano team will show up. Allen is too intimidating this year.

bigdaddydog
10-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Matt Brown has some impressive stats 7 interceptions. While Carson Meger has thrown at least 20+ "almost interceptions" this year. Dang Matt Brown is the leading rusher for you guys. Starting to sound like that Mckinney team, they have some guy that is a Mr. Do It All.

Also looking at Allen's receiving corps you have Dakarai Pecikonis has 299 yards and is avg almost 19 yards a catch. We are going to get ripped another one I can already tell. Looking at Plano's receiving corps Kris Lott only has 582 yards and his avg sucks it's only 15 yards.

Also Burkhead is way over-rated he only has 970 yards that's just rushing, he also has 200 in the receiving catagory. I couldn't get the stats on punt returns. Also couldn't really tell you how many "almost interceptions" MEGER has had. Hopefully the UIL will fix that this year.

I see Allen winning this one by a landslide, because I really don't think this Plano team will show up. Allen is too intimidating this year.

And the Nobel Prize for Sarcasm goes to..... PWCF03!! :notworthy:notworthy:D

I do hereby nominate you for the 2008 Posters award for "Best use of Sarcasm by a Ninja" :ninja:

~

eagleone
10-12-2008, 04:57 PM
For you homer eagle fans that haven't been paying attention, Plano is averaging right at 40 points a game against much better teams than Allen is playing. Allen's weakness is against the run(see Trinity game) A Plano strong point. I have been to all Allen games and to the Plano/Wylie game and there is no comparison-Plano and Wylie both are better! Matt Brown and Westerburg both choke under high pressure. You can't compare this years teams against last and say that the same situation existed last year and Allen won. Allen had a more experienced team last year and If not for a late Carson fumble, probably would have lost.. That won't be the case this year, too much offensive talent on Plano side. Allen will score, but not enough!

SLC
10-12-2008, 05:26 PM
If Plano was going to lose in district, it would have been against the Wylie the 2nd best team in the district. Plano is to well balanced for Allen...

Plano 35

Allen 24

allendad
10-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I went to the first half of the Plano/Wylie extravaganza.

I saw enough of to know that Allen will be very fortunate
if they were to win.

Both of those teams seemed much more disciplined and
executed their schemes much better than Allen has.

My heart will be totally supporting my EAGLES, but . . . .
I'm expecting a loss.:(:(:(

hollywood
10-12-2008, 06:56 PM
If Plano was going to lose in district, it would have been against the Wylie the 2nd best team in the district. Plano is to well balanced for Allen...

Plano 35

Allen 24

Well you posted it before I could. This is probably it but I will up the ante.

Plano 42

Allen 28

AllenEagle06
10-12-2008, 08:28 PM

bdD is being modest, it's kinda weird :D. i sure hope that we can stay up with them. our whole team in general is oR. have you looked at the "almost intercepted passes"? i think the UIL really needs to think about implementing something like that, our QB has had too many 'almost intercepted passes" for them to overlook the issue. I see Matt Brown having a perfect game and their D being stellar. On the other hand Carson MEGER will have a off night and have those "almost intercepted passes" and our D will collapse. ;)

My bad I knew there was gonna be somethin you would point out. :(. Anyways MEGER will have more "almost interceptions" this game than any in his career. Also Allen owns Clark Field, they own Plano. Also if Plano is district champs it doesn't matter because Allen is superior to all. Plano will fall over like a dead horse. I don't even think I am gonna go, I don't want to be there when Allen beats us into the ground.

I hope Plano can keep it as close as you guys are saying. Plano's D will not even show up. I doubt the team will even show up. Allen is pretty scary this year, they almost beat eT.

It would be all Allen fans, Plano won't show up. They are shaking in their boots right now. This Allen team ALMOST beat eT. WATCH OUT the eagles are on the attack

Also I am surprised Allen isn't ranked #1 in the state, I mean they did almost beat eT.

Hey don't be so down. At least you're being honest.

PWCF03
10-12-2008, 08:49 PM
you know it is just being honest but really though it is just embarrassing to see MEGER throw so many "almost interceptions". also to see our first team D give up a touchdown against pW. Matt Brown is phenomenal and we will all see that on Friday. The kid has only thrown 7 interceptions and pretty much right at 1000 yards. I really like what Allen has done to John Clark with the new jumbo tron. Maybe Allen will fix up the traffic jams after the games, but this year there shouldn't be much since it will be all Allen fans.

4 reasons why Allen will beat us this year

1) Burkhead, Meger, and Lott will not show up

2) only a handful of our D will show up (only the ones that didn't get the memo to not show up

3) you guys almost beat eT

4) allen is just better overall i mean look at those stats. very impressive...:D

EaglePower
10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
you know it is just being honest but really though it is just embarrassing to see MEGER throw so many "almost interceptions". also to see our first team D give up a touchdown against pW. Matt Brown is phenomenal and we will all see that on Friday. The kid has only thrown 7 interceptions and pretty much right at 1000 yards. I really like what Allen has done to John Clark with the new jumbo tron. Maybe Allen will fix up the traffic jams after the games, but this year there shouldn't be much since it will be all Allen fans.

4 reasons why Allen will beat us this year

1) Burkhead, Meger, and Lott will not show up

2) only a handful of our D will show up (only the ones that didn't get the memo to not show up

3) you guys almost beat eT

4) allen is just better overall i mean look at those stats. very impressive...:D

9 sarcastic posts ... I think it's safe to say we get the point.

plano8in08
10-12-2008, 09:52 PM
i honestly can't say that i know who will win, but i do now that as of now, plano is playing with a purpose. a beloved classmate, max brustein, was fatally stabbed early this morning. last year, a classmate died during the season and the game was dedicated to him, and i assume the same will happen this year.

rest in peace max. we love you!

FeeltheHaka
10-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Plano should win this, but Allen more than has what it takes to win. They have got to believe in themselves.

PWCF03
10-12-2008, 10:10 PM
9 sarcastic posts ... I think it's safe to say we get the point.

What is my point?

PWCF03
10-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Do they teach math in Allen because I am only counting 8 sarcastic comments. I want to see how many people scamper after Allen loses. Just like the people from Wylie oh they can run their mouth but when they lost where did they go? They went and hid in their bunker for weeks on end. So when Allen loses all of you saying they are going to win, please come back and bow down to Plano. Because we will run all over you on Friday. :D

EaglePower
10-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Do they teach math in Allen because I am only counting 8 sarcastic comments. I want to see how many people scamper after Allen loses. Just like the people from Wylie oh they can run their mouth but when they lost where did they go? They went and hid in their bunker for weeks on end. So when Allen loses all of you saying they are going to win, please come back and bow down to Plano. Because we will run all over you on Friday. :D
Grats on your counting skills. Nobody will scamper.
Good luck with your confidence.

bigdaddydog
10-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Plano should win this, but Allen more than has what it takes to win. They have got to believe in themselves.

You are right they have to believe in themselves. Some great execution would be nice also! :D

If only we had more fans like eagleone, then we could believe in ourselves. :rolleyes:

Allen does have more than it takes to win this game. Allen's defense is better than they were last year. We have more experienced players on defense than we had last year. If anyone thinks that Plano's "O" line is as good or better than Trinity's "O" line then you would expect them to do as well as Trinity did against Allen. I don't think they are...

If Wylie played Trinity, I would like to see them try and do the same thing they did to Plano "O". Wouldn't happen.

As much credit as folks want to give to Wylie, their DBs struggled all night against Plano. I think Allen's DBs can do better. The only thing that saved the Wylie secondary was the way they were able to disrupt Meger and Burkhead and Plano's "O" still put up 38 points.

Heck, Meger may even get intercepted. :rolleyes::p

~

allendad
10-13-2008, 12:34 AM

'03,

I find it even more telling when
those from the winning side are
silent.

It truly tells much about character.

If Plano wins . . . . great for them.
I'm going to the game with my two
sons expecting an Allen win though.

PWCF03
10-13-2008, 12:45 AM
aD all i was trying to say is if you are going to talk :Censor: about how plano is going to lose, and plano wins, get back on here and admit that plano was the better team. plano will win on friday and plano will win state in 08. mark it. i have said from the beginning that if plano were to lose i would come back on here and give kudos to the other team. i am tired of hearing plano payed off the refs or plano won because they are bigger than everybody else. just take a look at pE, biggest school in the state of texas and can't win a single football game

SLC
10-13-2008, 12:47 AM
i honestly can't say that i know who will win, but i do now that as of now, plano is playing with a purpose. a beloved classmate, max brustein, was fatally stabbed early this morning. last year, a classmate died during the season and the game was dedicated to him, and i assume the same will happen this year.

Welcome to the board...

And I saw this on the news... Sad, very sad:(

My heart goes out to his family and the Plano faithfull...

TheScout
10-13-2008, 02:27 AM
I actually think Plano will win this but my computer says I'm wrong. The avg is a little low, so I think maybe I typed something in wrong....

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CZane%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="Edit-Time-Data" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CZane%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_editdata.mso"><!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> “2626 Predicts”:

1: Allen 15-13
2: Allen 31-27 $$
3: Allen 27-18
4: Allen 40-17

( $$ = Most Accurate formula used )

Avg. / Official Prediction = ( Allen wins 28-19 ) (+/-) 5 points

Disclaimer--Not for use with any illegal acts including, but not limited to, betting or wagering. Not responsible for monies earned or lost.<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt; height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Zane\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_im age001.gif" o:href="http://5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/images/smilies/mad.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->:mad:<!--[endif]--> Obviously the program does not include OT or take into account trash-time-scores, or the use of 2nd string players during a blowout; whether on defense or offense......but it's pretty dang close.<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt;height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Zane\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_im age002.gif" o:href="http://5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/images/smilies/biggrin.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->:D<!--[endif]-->

Wypirates03
10-13-2008, 02:45 AM
I actually think Plano will win this but my computer says I'm wrong. The avg is a little low, so I think maybe I typed something in wrong....

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CZane%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="Edit-Time-Data" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CZane%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_editdata.mso"><!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> “2626 Predicts”:

1: Allen 15-13
2: Allen 31-27 $$
3: Allen 27-18
4: Allen 40-17

( $$ = Most Accurate formula used )

Avg. / Official Prediction = ( Allen wins 28-19 ) (+/-) 5 points

Disclaimer--Not for use with any illegal acts including, but not limited to, betting or wagering. Not responsible for monies earned or lost.<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt; height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Zane\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_im age001.gif" o:href="http://5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/images/smilies/mad.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->:mad:<!--[endif]--> Obviously the program does not include OT or take into account trash-time-scores, or the use of 2nd string players during a blowout; whether on defense or offense......but it's pretty dang close.<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt;height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Zane\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_im age002.gif" o:href="http://5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/images/smilies/biggrin.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->:D<!--[endif]-->

What does your super computer say about the Wylie/PESH game??? *Insert smiley here*... it says I have used 6 images... but I only counted a few!

TheScout
10-13-2008, 02:47 AM
What does your super computer say about the Wylie/PESH game??? *Insert smiley here*... it says I have used 6 images... but I only counted a few!

Give me a few mins and I'll post on the thread. This program is very young, so It's just a guess.

Wypirates03
10-13-2008, 02:48 AM
Give me a few mins and I'll post on the thread. This program is very young, so It's just a guess.

So is the PESH team! Guess the program will like them better. :notworthy

SLC
10-13-2008, 02:53 AM
So is the PESH team! Guess the program will like them better. :notworthy

Simply put.... Plano beats Allen.... Wylie beats East.... No computer needed for that...

Wypirates03
10-13-2008, 02:55 AM
Simply put.... Plano beats Allen.... Wylie beats East.... No computer needed for that...

Well, I already knew that! I was just wondering what the computer said the spread would be (+/- 5 of course!)

stinger
10-13-2008, 06:55 AM

Really?? How close is almost???

Gazelle
10-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Really?? How close is almost???

Stinger,

Realizing your a veteran of this board, I'm sure you know, to some Allen fans, any Allen loss is almost an Allen win. It doesn't matter how close. They could get beat 38-0 and to some, it is an almost win.

Like this year's almost win against ET.
and last year's almost win against Rockwall.

They do win alot, which I guess is why they can't say the words "Allen lost".

jreiner
10-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Allen 32
Plano 24

planowestwolf94
10-13-2008, 10:00 AM
I`m Hoping Allen will win!!!!!! those wildcats need to be put in their place.....even though i am not a fan of allen....still GO EAGLES....BEAT WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allendad
10-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Stinger,

Realizing your a veteran of this board, I'm sure you know, to some Allen fans, any Allen loss is almost an Allen win. It doesn't matter how close. They could get beat 38-0 and to some, it is an almost win.

I remember in 2nd grade when Gene Lashell told me, "It takes one to know one!"

So your words remind me of how Plano folks treat last year's LOSS to Allen that is still referred to as a "non-loss".

So yeah, I guess maybe it is a Collin County thang and not only an Allen thang.;)

stinger
10-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Stinger,

OOHHH....now I get it. Never Mind>>>

tjw
10-13-2008, 10:15 AM

Yeah right just like SLC beat Coppell:rolleyes:

tjw
10-13-2008, 10:20 AM
For you homer eagle fans that haven't been paying attention, Plano is averaging right at 40 points a game against much better teams than Allen is playing. Allen's weakness is against the run(see Trinity game) A Plano strong point. I have been to all Allen games and to the Plano/Wylie game and there is no comparison-Plano and Wylie both are better! Matt Brown and Westerburg both choke under high pressure. You can't compare this years teams against last and say that the same situation existed last year and Allen won. Allen had a more experienced team last year and If not for a late Carson fumble, probably would have lost.. That won't be the case this year, too much offensive talent on Plano side. Allen will score, but not enough!

:laugh Then you don't know football!

I was at the Wylie-Plano game and Allen would have killed Plano that night period! Only reason Wylie didn't is the ref calls. It will be the same old story in Clark. First you beat the bad calls from the Plano homer ref's then you beat Plano. Just like last year and the year before.;). Only way Allen loses this game is if Plano gets to many calls.

Gazelle
10-13-2008, 10:28 AM
I remember in 2nd grade when Gene Lashell told me, "It takes one to know one!"

So your words remind me of how Plano folks treat last year's LOSS to Allen that is still referred to as a "non-loss".

So yeah, I guess maybe it is a Collin County thang and not only an Allen thang.;)

Now com' on Dad,

You know I call 'em like I see 'em.

Allen won last year.

We'll find out on Friday who wins this year.

And up till now, Plano has not had any ALMOST wins.

chickenheart1
10-13-2008, 10:53 AM
You are right they have to believe in themselves. Some great execution would be nice also! :D

If only we had more fans like eagleone, then we could believe in ourselves. :rolleyes:

Allen does have more than it takes to win this game. Allen's defense is better than they were last year. We have more experienced players on defense than we had last year. If anyone thinks that Plano's "O" line is as good or better than Trinity's "O" line then you would expect them to do as well as Trinity did against Allen. I don't think they are...

If Wylie played Trinity, I would like to see them try and do the same thing they did to Plano "O". Wouldn't happen.

As much credit as folks want to give to Wylie, their DBs struggled all night against Plano. I think Allen's DBs can do better. The only thing that saved the Wylie secondary was the way they were able to disrupt Meger and Burkhead and Plano's "O" still put up 38 points.

Heck, Meger may even get intercepted. :rolleyes::p

~

Your defense is not in the same league as Wylie's. Don't fool yourself.

vtwinwilly
10-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Hoping that Allen wins as I think district teams need a shake-up before going into the playoffs. Wakes you and and reminds you what you're there for. A little reality check wouldn't hurt Plano at all.

Unfortunately, considering homefiled advantage, I think Plano takes this one.

Plano 38
Allen 31

I just don't think Allen can win without the smell of the port-a-cans wafting accross the grid-iron. (Seriously, I thought you guys were kidding about the port-a-cans).

chickenheart1
10-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Hoping that Allen wins as I think district teams need a shake-up before going into the playoffs. Wakes you and and reminds you what you're there for. A little reality check wouldn't hurt Plano at all.

Unfortunately, considering homefiled advantage, I think Plano takes this one.

Plano 38
Allen 31

I just don't think Allen can win without the smell of the port-a-cans wafting accross the grid-iron. (Seriously, I thought you guys were kidding about the port-a-cans).

Allen will finish 3rd in the district...port-a-cans and all. Home field is an understatement in this game. We have played at clark field 3 games in a row. It's getting pretty darn comfortable for Plano there.

bigdaddydog
10-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Your defense is not in the same league as Wylie's. Don't fool yourself.

Said the blind man... :cool:

~

Bandnerd1983
10-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Allen 28
Plano 21

Maroondog
10-13-2008, 03:15 PM
I`m Hoping Allen will win!!!!!! those wildcats need to be put in their place.....even though i am not a fan of allen....still GO EAGLES....BEAT WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allright! The peanut gallery returns for another round of foolishness.

Maroondog
10-13-2008, 03:18 PM
:laugh Then you don't know football!

I was at the Wylie-Plano game and Allen would have killed Plano that night period! Only reason Wylie didn't is the ref calls. It will be the same old story in Clark. First you beat the bad calls from the Plano homer ref's then you beat Plano. Just like last year and the year before.;). Only way Allen loses this game is if Plano gets to many calls.

Since Plano always has the refs in their pocket and you know all about it, why don't you complain to the UIL?
Better yet, tell me where all this happens, I'd like to make a contribution. :D

TheScout
10-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Since Plano always has the refs in their pocket and you know all about it, why don't you complain to the UIL?
Better yet, tell me where all this happens, I'd like to make a contribution. :D

Not to get too involved in this discussion, but even my step-brother, who goes to Plano, say you can't win at Clark, because Plano also wears the zebra stripes. And he's proud of this????

Maroondog
10-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Not to get too involved in this discussion, but even my step-brother, who goes to Plano, say you can't win at Clark, because Plano also wears the zebra stripes. And he's proud of this????

Excellent. I still want to know where to sign up and help the cause.

TheScout
10-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Excellent. I still want to know where to sign up and help the cause.

oh,...............I'm sure this week they will be available for funding , in the room next to Plano's locker room 1 hour before game time.:D

Maroondog
10-13-2008, 03:33 PM
oh,...............I'm sure this week they will be available for funding , in the room next to Plano's locker room 1 hour before game time.:D

Gee and all this time I never realized it would be this easy. ;)

TheScout
10-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Gee and all this time I never realized it would be this easy. ;)
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

mojoman21
10-13-2008, 03:35 PM
you can just feel the love between these two teams.:):

Vols4Ever
10-13-2008, 03:41 PM
This will be my FIRST Plano game sitting on the Plano side, with my 2 future Wildcats.

Go Plano. Crush Allen. Shut that d*mn oversized, should be banned Allen band up!

Vols4Ever
10-13-2008, 03:42 PM
you can just feel the love between these two teams.:):

Go whoever is playing Permian too. :P

allendad
10-13-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm just going to throw a little fuel on the embers . . . .

At the Plano/Wylie super show . . . . . .
I noticed that the "jumbotron" operator NEVER
showed a replay of a controversial PLANO play.

Anybody else notice that little tidbit?

It was a ONEWAY highlight extravaganza! No replays
of Wylie touchdowns or great plays.

I realize that Clark is Plano's home field(kind of), but
to not show ALL the highlights is a tad narcisistic ain't it?!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I'm talking about Plano !

TheScout
10-13-2008, 03:54 PM

Plano would call those "low-lights";)

allendad
10-13-2008, 04:00 PM
This will be my FIRST Plano game sitting on the Plano side, with my 2 future Wildcats.

Go Plano. Crush Allen. Shut that d*mn oversized, should be banned Allen band up!

QUICK! . . . . .

Throw'em over the top of the stadium before it's too late ! ! ! ! !;)

Don't be jealous of our band. EVEN our bands uni's are better lookin'
than your team's!

Watch the stands also . . . .
Our side fills up way before y'all's does.
I guess it takes a long time to beg the nanny to
stay at the estate for 3-4 hours longer!:rolleyes:

(I love this trash garbage. here I wasn't going to do it this year, but . . . .
oh it feels so good!):eek::eek:

Vols4Ever
10-13-2008, 04:27 PM
QUICK! . . . . .

than your team's!

I always have hated Allen, even before I got up here to Plano. Now it's just worse.

I promise to raise my daughters to be decent human beings, and avoid trash from Allen.

Bandnerd1983
10-13-2008, 04:28 PM

Wow!!! Somebody else has notice it too.....but it's been that way for years!!!
You will not see an Allen touchdown on the jumbotron.:rolleyes:

Vols4Ever
10-13-2008, 04:29 PM
QUICK! . . . . .

than your team's!

Don't be mad at me because I can afford a nanny. It's not my fault that it's the only decent paying job she can get. She went to Allen High School -- class of 1996.

Maroondog
10-13-2008, 04:30 PM

So we have homers at our home stadium. I'd be offended if we DIDN"T show favoritism.
I don't think we'd interrupt the Haka though! :D:
p;

Vols4Ever
10-13-2008, 04:31 PM

Good. We only want to see things that are pro-Plano anyways. No need to allow Allen fans to gawk at all the holding their db's and oline get away with.

Maroondog
10-13-2008, 04:32 PM

I'm getting all teary eyed.

Bandnerd1983
10-13-2008, 04:34 PM
I always have hated Allen, even before I got up here to Plano. Now it's just worse.

I promise to raise my daughters to be decent human beings, and avoid trash from Allen.

And what makes Plano a decent place to live....least I smart enough to move out Plano and move to Allen so my son could a better education!!!!

Bandnerd1983
10-13-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm getting all teary eyed.

I'll bet you are:rolleyes:

Maroondog
10-13-2008, 04:35 PM
And what makes Plano a decent place to live....least I smart enough to move out Plano and move to Allen so my son could a better education!!!!

Thats because we give you all the Robin Hood money!

Vols4Ever
10-13-2008, 04:39 PM

Honestly, tradition for one. I do believe that Plano has a longer lasting and better one than Allen......

But, in all seriousness, proximity to PSA StarCenter and Frisco StarCenter were important for me -- my girls play ice hockey and figure skate.

I'm just here to throw fuel on the fire.

Bandnerd1983
10-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Thats because we give you all the Robin Hood money!

Whatever!!!! Keep telling youselves that::rolleyes:

Vols4Ever
10-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Whatever!!!! Keep telling youselves that::rolleyes:

It's a pretty good joke now -- come on! (We know it's not true -- he just beat you to the punch!)

How is that big tent that Plano taxpayers built for Allen Football anyways?

Southlake Carroll Dragons
10-13-2008, 04:48 PM
I say allen in this one.

Maroondog
10-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I say allen in this one.

If you do, I won't let you wear green anymore. :eek:

Vols4Ever
10-13-2008, 05:15 PM
If you do, I won't let you wear green anymore. :eek:

Man -- I wish Plano had a Grapevine in district......

PWCF03
10-13-2008, 05:48 PM
allen sucks :D

PWCF03
10-13-2008, 05:49 PM
who would want to see trash on the jumbo tron anyways. nobody wants to see that. grats on getting their first. YAY wanna cookie?

Maroondog
10-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Doesn't matter, Allen can see their great plays on their j....... oh, wait, never mind.

Bandnerd1983
10-13-2008, 05:59 PM
allen sucks :D

Plano sucks more:D

PWCF03
10-13-2008, 06:00 PM
HAHAHAHA :D hopefully we can give them enough money so when they get a new stadium they can have one too. Anyways all you Allen fans need to leave motel 6 alone and go back to your shacks. i know you guys in Allen don't have any internet.

PWCF03
10-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Plano sucks more:D

wow what a come back, you are really good at those. :notworthy i need to learn from you

Bandnerd1983
10-13-2008, 06:12 PM
wow what a come back, you are really good at those. :notworthy i need to learn from you

I'm waiting too see how much more childish you can go, than the adult you probably are::rolleyes:

TheScout
10-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Man -- I wish Plano had a Grapevine in district......

They do. Their called Plano East

PWCF03
10-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm waiting too see how much more childish you can go, than the adult you probably are::rolleyes:

i told you to leave motel 6 alone. i could probably go a little more but i am gonna hold off right there. What is your definition of a "adult"?

Gazelle
10-13-2008, 07:01 PM

I believe controversial plays are not to be shown.

And, just like your TV, the owner gets to chose the content.

Bandnerd1983
10-13-2008, 07:01 PM
i told you to leave motel 6 alone. i could probably go a little more but i am gonna hold off right there. What is your definition of a "adult"?

Adult n. One that has attained maturity or legal age.:) Fully developed and mature.:notworthy

SLC
10-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah right just like SLC beat Coppell:rolleyes:

Keep it classy bird fan, keep it classy...

I realize anything can happen... As wittnesed Friday night in Coppell.. But honestly based on recent past and the abilities of all 4 teams I mentioned... That has to be the general consensus...;)

sportsjunkie40
10-13-2008, 09:12 PM

Clark holds about 16k, i think that would be about right, when Wylie played there 2 weeks ago, it was a great atmosphere and they opened the grass in the endzone area...i think Clark will be fine......

Moe Moe
10-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Should be a great game, wish I could be there..........gatta go watch my Garland Owls! Maybe we will meet one of these teams in the playoffs?

GO OWLS!

sportsjunkie40
10-13-2008, 09:17 PM

Wylie people? I was on here the night of the game saying that the PLANO program had class..i guess you missed that....but again, you drew me in....

alleneagles8
10-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Doesn't matter, Allen can see their great plays on their j....... oh, wait, never mind.

Hey! It's not our fault we spent all of our money on flags and mascots! :laugh

bigdaddydog
10-14-2008, 12:10 AM
So we have homers at our home stadium. I'd be offended if we DIDN"T show favoritism.
I don't think we'd interrupt the Haka though! :D:
p;

Right, just like you guys didn't interupt the Haka after the playoff loss to Trinity last year... :rolleyes:

I still can't believe you guys stopped giving us the Robin Hood money. I mean we had just finished that wonderfull aquatic center with indoor water park and the new Athletic offices and indoor practice field.

Just when we was about to get the Mercedes of football stadiums, sugar daddy up and left us.

I'm tending to agree with Farmer... :p

This game should make for some great Highlight video!

~

bigdaddydog
10-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Should be a great game, wish I could be there..........gatta go watch my Garland Owls! Maybe we will meet one of these teams in the playoffs?

GO OWLS!

Region 1 and Region 2 will meet in the Semifinals. So make sure the Owls make it that far. For Garland that should be doable this year.

Good luck this week! Rowlett should be a good test for you guys.

~

chickenheart1
10-14-2008, 12:51 AM
QUICK! . . . . .

than your team's!

That never happens!!! The Plano faithful always fill the stands first even if it is at your stadium. I still remember '05 at Allen, when we kicked your butts all over the field, the visitors side was full when your team was doing warm-ups. That's pretty much the case anywhere we travel to.

TheScout
10-14-2008, 03:14 AM
I'm rooting for Allen, but leaning toward Plano. All I got to say, is if Allen's defense shows up to play....Allen all the way.

Eagle1986
10-14-2008, 07:33 AM
That never happens!!! The Plano faithful always fill the stands first even if it is at your stadium. I still remember '05 at Allen, when we kicked your butts all over the field, the visitors side was full when your team was doing warm-ups. That's pretty much the case anywhere we travel to.

Allen is the same, because when we travel everyone wants a good seat. At home, the home side is all reserved seating so there is no urgency to fill it up till right before kickoff.;)

sportsjunkie40
10-14-2008, 08:07 AM

Remember it only takes 73 people to fill up the visitor side in Allen anyway:Music

allendad
10-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Don't be mad at me because I can afford a nanny. It's not my fault that it's the only decent paying job she can get. She went to Allen High School -- class of 1996.

That was a goodie!

allendad
10-14-2008, 10:20 AM

It doesn't take long to fill up 200 seats!;)

Southlake Carroll Dragons
10-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Rex Burkhead is a dang good runningback. I just think Plano's defense is not doing great and Allen did really good against euless. The experience from that game will help allen alot.

texasprepsports
10-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Plano by 7

28-21 Burkhead will be the difference

dragonpants
10-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Plano (7-0) vs Allen (5-1) at Clark. This game will likely determine the district 8-5A champion. Any predictions? Let the smack talk begin!!!!

Not so fast. Allen still has to play Wylie.

NHB06
10-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Not so fast. Allen still has to play Wylie.

If Plano wins on Friday, the district 8-5A championship goes to the Wildcats.

goodolboy
10-14-2008, 11:28 AM
This is the SECOND most interesting game in the metroplex to me, but I wish I could be at two places at once. I'll be watching Duncanville kick Cedar Hill's rear-end, but I will be listening to the radio. Wildcats will spank the Eagles....35-14

SLC
10-14-2008, 11:51 AM

Yea.. If Allen wins.. They will win district.. I dont think that will happen though... I'm just saying..

KT2000
10-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Allen's had turnover problems, so I think that'll be what determines whether or not Allen wins this game. I think the Eagles have a chance if they can play a clean game. Their offense will certainly be capable of moving the ball and scoring points on Plano. I think this one will be played in the 30s like the Wylie game.

SLC
10-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Allen's had turnover problems, so I think that'll be what determines whether or not Allen wins this game. I think the Eagles have a chance if they can play a clean game. Their offense will certainly be capable of moving the ball and scoring points on Plano. I think this one will be played in the 30s like the Wylie game.

I agree here.. If this starts out really close to the vest.. It may favor Allen.. If Plano starts to get going early... It could be a long night for Eagle fans.. I dont like Allen in a shootout with Plano... But a close game, they could steal it..

allendad
10-14-2008, 12:50 PM

Until you lose to Boyd ! ! ! !

:p:p:p:p

PWCF03
10-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I just looked at the DMn, Allen has scored a avg 30.6 points against plano in the last 5 games. Also in the last 5 games Allen is whooping our :Censor: 4-1-1. The 45-7 whooping Plano gave Allen in 2005 wasn't really a "loss" it was more of a "almost won" game.

Also people are talking about the Wylie - Plano game as being close? Yeah there at the end it was close but all in all Plano had full control of the game. But if you look Plano had the lead 20-7 in the first QT. The reason it got so close was those 2 blocked punts which I think I know at least one lead to a TD. It is mistakes like that, that will keep this game close if they don't fix that line. Although Whitlock is the real deal, he definitely gave our line hell. Also these guys know how to deal with preasure, you noticed they were very well poised in their last TD. I guess it has helped a lot since Burkhead, Meger and Lott all went pretty deep in the playoffs last year.

I don't see Allen having a chance. You will see Meger having more "almost interceptions" this game than any other game.

THSBandDad
10-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Super close game between two very good teams. Winner takes it by less than a touchdown and teams in the 30's..

PWCF03
10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Also if you stop "superman" you have Meger that knows how to run really well. Also you have Robinson, did anybody see that 9 second 80+ yard touchdown? But you have Hoetger and Burkhead will even line up and catch a few, I think he has somewhere around 200 yards of receiving, oh wait sorry 198. :D

vtwinwilly
10-14-2008, 01:19 PM

:p:p:p:p
Now I know you're being sacastic here, but seriously... I don't know that anyone is going to lose to Boyd...this year! You probably notice in the Allen game, Boyd's star QB was, well... doing other stuff (WR/RB). They had their backup QB in the entire game. I'm wondering if Coach Drake has already given up on this season and focussing on next year.

Sad to say, Boyd also lost IMO one of their best defensive players OLB #40, Bo Davis. He left the game in the 3rd quarter. Word on the street is he broke his leg and won't be back this season. Bo is a great kid, and this is a big loss for the already lingering Boyd defense.

But as they say in football... "there's always next season.":D

bigdaddydog
10-14-2008, 01:24 PM

:p:p:p

Oh, Snap! Can that really happen? I mean if plano scored less than 40 on Boyd then the game would actually be counted as a loss for Plano, right? :confused: :D

~

PWCF03
10-14-2008, 01:32 PM
if plano doesn't score more than 40 points and they don't shut them out then plano sucks and allen is the better team. allen would then become the district champs.

bigdaddydog
10-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Now I know you're being sacastic here, but seriously... I don't know that anyone is going to lose to Boyd...this year! You probably notice in the Allen game, Boyd's star QB was, well... doing other stuff (WR/RB). They had their backup QB in the entire game. I'm wondering if Coach Drake has already given up on this season and focussing on next year.

Sad to say, Boyd also lost IMO one of their best defensive players OLB #40, Bo Davis. He left the game in the 3rd quarter. Word on the street is he broke his leg and won't be back this season. Bo is a great kid, and this is a big loss for the already lingering Boyd defense.

But as they say in football... "there's always next season.":D

Boyd is traveling a very similar road to what Wylie went down. The folks that espouse the concept that there is not much difference between 4A and 5A can't be taken very seriously. Especially in a district like 8-5A. Alves was on the sideline for a while cause he got banged up. He did come back in so it must not have been bad. I just did not see what all the fuss was about with him.

There is no denying that Burkhead is a great player. He has his sweet spot, but he is not without vulnerable areas.

Even if Allen gets down by a bunch of points I don't count them out. I have seen too many games where they have been able to come back and take the victory. If Plano had a better "D" I might not be so generous with Allen's chances.

~

bigdaddydog
10-14-2008, 01:36 PM
if plano doesn't score more than 40 points and they don't shut them out then plano sucks and allen is the better team. allen would then become the district champs.

Drinkin the kool aid, your doin it right! :D

~

LAHawk
10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
I was really impressed with the team speed of Allen when I saw them in person a few weeks ago. I believe their DB's will be able to shut down Plano's receivers leaving Rex to carry the team. And even though he is very capable of doing so, I think Allen pulls this one out. No score prediction, just predicting an Allen victory.

bigdaddydog
10-14-2008, 02:04 PM
54 to 55 on the poll.... next time try setting it up so we can see who voted for who... Rookies! :rolleyes: :D

~

tjw
10-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Also if you stop "superman" you have Meger that knows how to run really well. Also you have Robinson, did anybody see that 9 second 80+ yard touchdown? But you have Hoetger and Burkhead will even line up and catch a few, I think he has somewhere around 200 yards of receiving, oh wait sorry 198. :D

Megar will throw 2-3 ints this game alone!

Allen 37
Plano 14

MOJO94
10-14-2008, 02:50 PM
54 to 55 on the poll.... next time try setting it up so we can see who voted for who... Rookies! :rolleyes: :D

~I took Plano, Burkhead is a beast......he will have a big game.

chickenheart1
10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I was really impressed with the team speed of Allen when I saw them in person a few weeks ago. I believe their DB's will be able to shut down Plano's receivers leaving Rex to carry the team. And even though he is very capable of doing so, I think Allen pulls this one out. No score prediction, just predicting an Allen victory.

There's not a DB in 8-5A that can shut down Lott. Maybe not in the area.

AllenEagle06
10-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I just looked at the DMn, Allen has scored a avg 30.6 points against plano in the last 5 games. Also in the last 5 games Allen is whooping our :Censor: 4-1-1. The 45-7 whooping Plano gave Allen in 2005 wasn't really a "loss" it was more of a "almost won" game.

Also people are talking about the Wylie - Plano game as being close? Yeah there at the end it was close but all in all Plano had full control of the game. But if you look Plano had the lead 20-7 in the first QT. The reason it got so close was those 2 blocked punts which I think I know at least one lead to a TD. It is mistakes like that, that will keep this game close if they don't fix that line. Although Whitlock is the real deal, he definitely gave our line hell. Also these guys know how to deal with preasure, you noticed they were very well poised in their last TD. I guess it has helped a lot since Burkhead, Meger and Lott all went pretty deep in the playoffs last year.

I don't see Allen having a chance. You will see Meger having more "almost interceptions" this game than any other game.
So it was an "almost blowout"?

Gazelle
10-14-2008, 04:15 PM
So it was an "almost blowout"?

No.

The Allenite perspective of that game would be an almost loss for Plano.
If Allen beats Wylie by the same score, then it would be an almost blowout.

bigdaddydog
10-14-2008, 04:41 PM
No.

The Allenite perspective of that game would be an almost loss for Plano.
If Allen beats Wylie by the same score, then it would be an almost blowout.

Ah the revisionist historical perspective. All I know is that Wylie had Plano skerd!! I give Plano all the credit they deserve for being mature and composed and driving the stake right through Wylie's heart.

Plano won that game clear as day.

My tickets for the game are firmly in hand. These are games that make the regular season so much fun. Heck I could pay 100x as much to get the same seats and go see the Cowboys play, but why would I want to when I got this.

Cheers,

P.S. If only the Plano Concessions would sell Dr. Pepper!! :p

TheScout
10-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Ah the revisionist historical perspective. All I know is that Wylie had Plano skerd!! I give Plano all the credit they deserve for being mature and composed and driving the stake right through Wylie's heart.

Plano won that game clear as day.

My tickets for the game are firmly in hand. These are games that make the regular season so much fun. Heck I could pay 100x as much to get the same seats and go see the Cowboys play, but why would I want to when I got this.

Cheers,

mmmmm Dr. Pepper "Drink it slow"

vtwinwilly
10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
... Alves was on the sideline for a while cause he got banged up. He did come back in so it must not have been bad. ....
~
My point was that Alves was NOT playing Quarterback... his normal position. Boyd had their backup QB in the entire game.

But what the hey... doesn't matter... Go Eagles!:rolleyes:

Trojanman96
10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Well, I say with the lack of Plano's D....Allen wins 49-35

TheScout
10-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Well, I say with the lack of Plano's D....Allen wins 49-35

:eek:

bigdaddydog
10-14-2008, 05:46 PM
My point was that Alves was NOT playing Quarterback... his normal position. Boyd had their backup QB in the entire game.

But what the hey... doesn't matter... Go Eagles!:rolleyes:

Trust me I got your point. See my post from the "3 in top 5 from 8-5A thread" It was the injury factor that I was focusing on. even though we are not supposed to talk injury, I kept it general in nature. PM me if you want more info.

As far as McKinney Boyd goes, they played So. #3 Jonovan Griffin at QB and Jr. #7 Alves was the RB. Alves was a total non factor in the game with allen and I was dissapointed in what I saw from him (8/21 rushing, 4/22 receiving). Jonovan was better but not good. (19/87 rushing and 11/23 passing 48%)

Jesuit should do well against McKinney Boyd.

~

Given that Jonovan is a So. they really do seem to be planning for 2009 and 2010 season.

Cheers,

GO EAGLES!!!

~

bigdaddydog
10-14-2008, 05:53 PM
mmmmm Dr. Pepper "Drink it slow"

Mmmmm, Dr. Pepper... My love for you will never die!!

We're not talking normal Dr. Pepper either I want the real thing, Dublin Dr. Pepper!! (http://www.dublindrpepper.com/) mmmmmm!!

BYODP!!

~

TheScout
10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Please don't speak of Dublin Dr. Pepper. I crave it so much, I could keel over.

PWCF03
10-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Megar will throw 2-3 ints this game alone!

Allen 37
Plano 14

I think you are being modest TJW. You know for a fact he has thrown 20+ "almost interceptions" this year. Just think if we played teams like Allen where their secondary knows how to catch the ball...

Wildcat Band
10-14-2008, 07:02 PM
I think Plano could pull this off if the defense steps it up. Against Wylie there were bad call and at least one of those punt blocks should have been roughing the kicker. The last 2 touchdowns that West scored last week were against Plano's 3rd string. As far as the Band goes if Plano had only One high school as Allen does the band would be over 1000. Plano Band is very inpressive and at least does a different drill every year and not the same follow the leader and counter marching. I give this one to Plano but very close as the crowd will get behind them as in every game.

Plano by 3

Wypirates03
10-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I think Plano could pull this off if the defense steps it up. Against Wylie there were bad call and at least one of those punt blocks should have been roughing the kicker. The last 2 touchdowns that West scored last week were against Plano's 3rd string. As far as the Band goes if Plano had only One high school as Allen does the band would be over 1000. Plano Band is very inpressive and at least does a different drill every year and not the same follow the leader and counter marching. I give this one to Plano but very close as the crowd will get behind them as in every game.

Plano by 3

LOL! A punt blocked can not have a roughing the kicker penalty... :notworthy

Wildcat Band
10-14-2008, 07:44 PM
When a kicker is hit before letting go of the ball with his leg in the air or is hit in the helmet before letting go of the ball and they call a "blocked punt" it is really roughing the kicker.

Wypirates03
10-14-2008, 07:47 PM
When a kicker is hit before letting go of the ball with his leg in the air or is hit in the helmet before letting go of the ball and they call a "blocked punt" it is really roughing the kicker.

No it's not... Unless I'm really wrong on this...

But, that scenario would lead me to believe it wouldn't be a blocked punt...

Gazelle
10-14-2008, 07:48 PM

I don't know about DP, but I know they don't sell Coke.

Don't worry, It's not Jerry's World, they won't pat you down at the gate. Carry in a liter bottle in your drawers like I do.

da hawaiian
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
This game has instant classic written all over it. I may just miss this fridays date with KellerCentral to stroll up there to catch this one.

Hopefully it's televised so I can just record it for later veiwing

I voted for neither, where's the NULL vote?

AllenEagle06
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
No.

That's what it seems like to PWCF03.

The Allenite perspective of that game would be... If Allen beats Wylie by the same score, then it would be an almost blowout.

That's because it would be.:rolleyes:

bigdaddydog
10-14-2008, 09:56 PM

Plano by 3

Welcome to the board.

Now if Plano had one School it would have a UIL reported attendance of 15,296 - 9-12th grade. While Allen has UIL attendance of 4837 with just one school.

[off topic]

So let's talk band smack.

Allen Attendance 4837 / 500 # of instrument playing band students = 10.34% Student participation at Allen

If Plano Sr. had the same participation percentage, you guys should have a band of 5215 *10.34% = 539 You guys should have a band of 539 students. Now I will give you the benefit of only marching 11th and 12th grade. You guys should have a band that marches 270 but your band Marches 180 7%, why?

Now If Plano had one high school that would be 1,582 students in the band. If you only marched 11th and 12th it would be 791 students marching in the band.

You say the Plano band is very impressive but how is anyone but the Plano fans supposed to be impressed if the Plano band does not play to the home crowd at the away games? :eek:

Allen does a different half time show every year just like Plano does so I'm not sure what you are harping on with "the same follow the leader and counter marching" You must have us confused with someone else. :rolleyes:

[on topic]

I agree if your defense steps it up and Allen's "O" makes mistakes, Plano wins. Otherwise We win, again... :cool:

~

bigdaddydog
10-14-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't know about DP, but I know they don't sell Coke.

Don't worry, It's not Jerry's World, they won't pat you down at the gate. Carry in a liter bottle in your drawers like I do.

Ewww! :D:p

I may have to go with the two liter bottle...! :cool:

~

tjw
10-14-2008, 10:34 PM
I think you are being modest TJW. You know for a fact he has thrown 20+ "almost interceptions" this year. Just think if we played teams like Allen where their secondary knows how to catch the ball...

First smart thing you've said!

Meger got picked off last year in the Allen-Plano game and will this year.

So what is that stupid chant ya'll say Plano, Plain old, Plano, Plain old?:D

tjw
10-14-2008, 10:43 PM
There's not a DB in 8-5A that can shut down Lott. Maybe not in the area.

You've got to be kidding!:laugh:laugh
He's not even the leading receiver in the area.:D
Player, school Gms. No. Yds. Avg. TD
David Acker, Arlington Lamar 7 42 840 20.0 5
Taylor Gabriel, Mesquite Horn 6 51 788 15.5 8
Collin Ashley, Flower Mound 6 48 682 14.2 15
Winford Tennell, Irving 7 36 593 16.5 8
Mike Davis, Skyline 6 28 583 20.8 7
Kris Lott, Plano 7 39 581 14.9 4 :eek::eek:

PWCF03
10-15-2008, 12:10 AM
when were wide receivers called DB? where does it say "kris lott is the best wide receiver out there with the most yards"? kris lott is one of the best wide receivers out there. the catches he will make on friday will make you sick at your stomach. also there is a video out there at the nike camp where burkhead makes a sick catch too. but kris lott has it in his blood, his dad played in the NFL. it is really unbelievable some of the catches kris lott has made. i think what he might have been saying is nobody can cover him? not sure i could have totally read that wrong. either way kris lott and rex burkead and bA players and burkhead will make you look silly when he lines up at wide receiver. also if you wanna talk some more about awesome wide receivers you could talk about robinson and hoetger. you don't have to be a leading receiver to be a great receiver. think about all of the players in college that are 5 or 6 back to play running back, but yet the 6th person back isn't any worse than the person starting. are you picking up what im throwing down? hope that wasn't too confusing for you TJW.

I have a gut feeling the outcome will be something like the 2005 game. To people talking :Censor: about Plano's D keep on running your mouth. :D

PWCF03
10-15-2008, 12:11 AM
First smart thing you've said!

Meger got picked off last year in the Allen-Plano game and will this year.

So what is that stupid chant ya'll say Plano, Plain old, Plano, Plain old?:D

Meger won't get picked off this year. He will have no "almost interceptions". They will throw short up the middle passes on to the outsides.

EaglePower
10-15-2008, 12:42 AM
You talk a lotta smack buddy I can't wait to see your face Friday night:D:notworthy

PWCF03
10-15-2008, 01:02 AM
that's what plano people do, that's all we are good at doing. because our team sucks, and Allen is always district champs. They also own everything of ours so why shouldn't we talk smack.

I want to see you buddy back on here Friday night when Allen loses and you can say

1) how Plano payed off the refs
2) if Brown didn't have those 2 interceptions you guys would have won
3) it was home field
4) they weren't selling dublin dP
5) because Meger didn't have any "almost interceptions"

excuses excuses excuses.

Plano will take a huge lead. Brown will choke and get into a panic mode like he did in the first round of the playoffs. You won't know what to do with yourselves, although it will be worth seeing Burkhead and Lott. Hope you enjoy the game, and don't cry like a little baby when you don't see instant replays of Allen on our jumbo tron you guys bought us. Nobody wants to see that kinda trash on a big TV anyways. I know Motel 6 leaves the light on in all but please stop using their computer and let some other Allen citizen us it.

PWCF03
10-15-2008, 01:04 AM
you guys are gonna get whooped by Wylie too :D...Allen sucks

bigdaddydog
10-15-2008, 01:21 AM
that's what plano people do, that's all we are good at doing. because our team sucks, and Allen is always district champs. They also own everything of ours so why shouldn't we talk smack.

I want to see you buddy back on here Friday night when Allen loses and you can say

1) how Plano payed off the refs
2) if Brown didn't have those 2 interceptions you guys would have won
3) it was home field
4) they weren't selling dublin dP
5) because Meger didn't have any "almost interceptions"

excuses excuses excuses.

Plano will take a huge lead. Brown will choke and get into a panic mode like he did in the first round of the playoffs. You won't know what to do with yourselves, although it will be worth seeing Burkhead and Lott. Hope you enjoy the game, and don't cry like a little baby when you don't see instant replays of Allen on our jumbo tron you guys bought us. Nobody wants to see that kinda trash on a big TV anyways. I know Motel 6 leaves the light on in all but please stop using their computer and let some other Allen citizen us it.

Excusses are Plano's MOO! :eek:

~

chickenheart1
10-15-2008, 09:03 AM
You've got to be kidding!:laugh:laugh
He's not even the leading receiver in the area.:D
Player, school Gms. No. Yds. Avg. TD
David Acker, Arlington Lamar 7 42 840 20.0 5
Taylor Gabriel, Mesquite Horn 6 51 788 15.5 8
Collin Ashley, Flower Mound 6 48 682 14.2 15
Winford Tennell, Irving 7 36 593 16.5 8
Mike Davis, Skyline 6 28 583 20.8 7
Kris Lott, Plano 7 39 581 14.9 4 :eek::eek:

What does that have to do with anything??? You forget we have the most balanced offense in HS this year. Go look at the rushing yards to receiving, they are almost the same. I haven't seen Lott drop a pass yet, he is incredibly physical and goes up to get the ball every time. He will make dbs pay! When a receiver leads a school in scoring and yards it just means they have no running game or play the spread. Look at how many touchdowns Burkhead has and Lott still gets his yards and tds. Besides all of this, you have Robinson, who is turning out to be a legitimate weapon, and Hoetger who finds himself wide open in the middle every game. The wealth of yards and tds has been spread out all over the field which proves you have a great QB and plenty of talent. NOT JUST ONE GUY!!! Good luck stopping all of this. Wylie couldn't and I believe by the end of the season, they will have the number 1 defense in the area.

Maroondog
10-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Well, I wasn't going to post this but I think its needs to be brought out in the open.
In the spirit of good fellowship I had petitioned the PISD to bring in several outhouses for the visitors side so that the Allen folks would feel more at home. However the district turned me down flat saying that it was possible we'd have a northerly wind on Friday night and we absolutely could not add the the already unbearable odor.
So, all my efforts have gone for naught, and makes the PISD look like a bunch of uncaring low lifes. :p

Gazelle
10-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Well, I wasn't going to post this but I think its needs to be brought out in the open.
In the spirit of good fellowship I had petitioned the PISD to bring in several outhouses for the visitors side so that the Allen folks would feel more at home. However the district turned me down flat saying that it was possible we'd have a northerly wind on Friday night and we absolutely could not add the the already unbearable odor.
So, all my efforts have gone for naught, and makes the PISD look like a bunch of uncaring low lifes. :p

That's okay. I have another way to make the Allenites welcome.
Let's put nails in their seats. They seem to think WE enjoy it.

PWCF03
10-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Just went up to the ticket office and the Plano side is about 99% as of 11 this morning. A lot of Plano people were getting tickets for the visitors side. Looks like it will be like the double wide.

Dargason
10-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Plano Band is very inpressive and at least does a different drill every year and not the same follow the leader and counter marching.
When I was in the Plano Band we did a new drill EVERY WEEK except for the two weeks before UIL. But those days are gone in favor of corps-style curves... so much for variety. But I still love the exciting sounds in motion of the Plano Wildcat Marching Band! I heard they will have new uniforms very soon...

And thank you PWC03 for the heads-up on tickets! Wife is heading to Clark NOW!

tjw
10-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Just went up to the ticket office and the Plano side is about 99% as of 11 this morning. A lot of Plano people were getting tickets for the visitors side. Looks like it will be like the double wide.

I doubt it as Allen is having to buy Plano homer side seats now since Plano can not fill their side of Clark. The same as the PESH & Wylie games or any others.:D

BTW Farmer and Grayowl already have stated it several times of how much Plano Sucks, which is right and the biggest thing in Collin county that does.:p

chickenheart1
10-15-2008, 02:46 PM
I doubt it as Allen is having to buy Plano homer side seats now since Plano can not fill their side of Clark. The same as the PESH & Wylie games or any others.:D

BTW Farmer and Grayowl already have stated it several times of how much Plano Sucks, which is right and the biggest thing in Collin county that does.:p

So misinformed. Our stands are always full. Even on the road.

Maroondog
10-15-2008, 02:59 PM

Well, if Farmer and Grayowl said it, then it must be really important. Poor old slobs here in Plano just trying to get by and win a game or two. We're just like the guy who once said, "I don't care what they say about me as long as they mention the name."

bigdaddydog
10-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Well, if Farmer and Grayowl said it, then it must be really important. Poor old slobs here in Plano just trying to get by and win a game or two. We're just like the guy who once said, "I don't care what they say about me as long as they mention the name."

Gawww, don't get all choked up about it.

Hair Ball, hair ball, hair ball! :p

~

Maroondog
10-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Gawww, don't get all choked up about it.

Hair Ball, hair ball, hair ball! :p

~ bigdaddy, from one dog to another you and I can go round and round but we're never gonna get anywhere. :D

grayowl60
10-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Whatever we said Mr.Go, it must be working. If schtick will work in Plano, it will work anywhere;)

Wildcat fan
10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Well, if this Allen team has a decent defense(base on the fact that their offense seems to be doing ok) they will beat Plano. Mark my words, Plano will meet up against a team with a good defense and offense and lose. Plano's defense is their achilles this year. It may not cost them in the regular season where it really doesn't matter but it will cost them down the road where it does count(the playoffs). Can you say "oh my gosh, our defense sucks?"

tjw
10-15-2008, 03:51 PM

:laugh You've got to be kidding, Plano could not even fill the stands against East! I still have it on DVR if you want to see it, all the way through the game one section was empty. East side was full while Plano had empty seats. Same as at the Wylie game, yes students sat in the grass, but one whole section on Plano side was empty. That is when Plano had already won 3 games which is the only way you get some of those so called fans to the game.

Only one misinformed here is on the homer side.:rolleyes:

Band! I heard they will have new uniforms very soon

I wish your football team would, those sure are some plain old uniforms. At least you could do is put some logo on the sides or something? Oh I guess it would not be just plain old then would it. :eek:

KLH75287
10-15-2008, 03:55 PM
After seeing both teams this year (Allen vs Trinity and Plano vs Wylie) I have to give the edge to Plano. That just seemed to be executing better and make the big plays when necessary. Allen didn't look overly impressive aginst Trinity, while Plano fought hard and held on against a very good Wylie team.

Allen's D does not have the speed or tackle as well as Wylie's, and i think that will be the difference. Just an opinion.

BTW: I don't think I've picked this game right in three years:D

It ought to be a good one!

Maroondog
10-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, if this Allen team has a decent defense(base on the fact that their offense seems to be doing ok) they will beat Plano. Mark my words, Plano will meet up against a team with a good defense and offense and lose. Plano's defense is their achilles this year. It may not cost them in the regular season where it really doesn't matter but it will cost them down the road where it does count(the playoffs). Can you say "oh my gosh, our defense sucks?"

What? We hear from the mighty Temple? Go back and hide your face. Winning one game this year,(not against Plano), makes you an expert.
By the way, check the stats. You lose 100% of the time when you get outscored. Mark my words! :eek:

Maroondog
10-15-2008, 04:09 PM
:laugh You've got to be kidding, Plano could not even fill the stands against East! I still have it on DVR if you want to see it, all the way through the game one section was empty. East side was full while Plano had empty seats. Same as at the Wylie game, yes students sat in the grass, but one whole section on Plano side was empty. That is when Plano had already won 3 games which is the only way you get some of those so called fans to the game.

Only one misinformed here is on the homer side.:rolleyes:

I wish your football team would, those sure are some plain old uniforms. At least you could do is put some logo on the sides or something? Oh I guess it would not be just plain old then would it. :eek:

I'd like to see it. I was there and you my friend are wrong.
Sorry you don't like the uniforms. Guess we ran out of money for logos and things. Robin Hood is expensive. Besides, a fancy looking uniform doesn't win a state championship. We've done OK with what we've got.

Maroondog
10-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Whatever we said Mr.Go, it must be working. If schtick will work in Plano, it will work anywhere;)

Bingo Mr Grayowl. It sure works in Garland!

farmerfan
10-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Go Allen
PLANOSUCKS

tjw
10-15-2008, 04:17 PM
I'd like to see it. I was there and you my friend are wrong.
Sorry you don't like the uniforms. Guess we ran out of money for logos and things. Robin Hood is expensive. Besides, a fancy looking uniform doesn't win a state championship. We've done OK with what we've got.

Why PISD sells advertising to anyone...didn't I see Zone Erotica ads on the PISD school buses? Must be making more then enough to do something?

Anytime you want to see it I can show you the East game on my DVR or anyone else who has it.

farmerfan
10-15-2008, 04:17 PM

Anytime somebody not from Plano says something then it is important. Always remember that. Plano sucks more than suck itself.

Maroondog
10-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Anytime somebody not from Plano says something then it is important. Always remember that. Plano sucks more than suck itself.

Still in denial I see. We know you want to come over and play. ;)

Maroondog
10-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Why PISD sells advertising to anyone...didn't I see Zone Erotica ads on the PISD school buses? Must be making more then enough to do something?

Anytime you want to see it I can show you the East game on my DVR or anyone else who has it.

You might be right but all that money gets siphoned off to buy all the BS repellant.

PWCF03
10-15-2008, 05:36 PM
i meant to say plano's side is 99% empty. i forgot, nobody is coming to the game. because allen is better, i already put up the stats, do i need to bring them up again? Allen is gonna beat us like a red headed step child. Our O and our D sucks this year.

PWCF03
10-15-2008, 05:38 PM
if plano barely beats allen then it will be a win for allen. if plano whopps allen then it is a "almost win" for allen. either way you look at it, Allen is by far the better team and city. I wish we could get a shopping center like the one off stacey road. but we are home of the suckage

PWCF03
10-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Drinkin the kool aid, your doin it right! :D

~

I am drinking the kool aid again... I can't wait for you guys to get back on here and be like but allen lost because plano payed off the refs. when really its allen that pays them since they are visiting OUR stadium. oh wait nope it's not our stadium, it's ALLEN'S

Trojan4653
10-15-2008, 06:10 PM
aD all i was trying to say is if you are going to talk :Censor: about how plano is going to lose, and plano wins, get back on here and admit that plano was the better team. plano will win on friday and plano will win state in 08. mark it. i have said from the beginning that if plano were to lose i would come back on here and give kudos to the other team. i am tired of hearing plano payed off the refs or plano won because they are bigger than everybody else. just take a look at pE, biggest school in the state of texas and can't win a single football game

so marked!

Dargason
10-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Same as at the Wylie game, yes students sat in the grass, but one whole section on Plano side was empty.

I was not at the PESH game, but I was at the Wylie game. This is flat out not true - there was no empty section. You do know the band goes down on the field during halftime right?

Wildcat Band
10-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Dargason,

When were you in the Plano Band? When I was there we also did a new drill every week until UIL.

As for the stands I think everyone is confused. Plano was the visitor at the East game. The visitor side was completely full. Also at Hebron, Plano fans were turned away because the stands were too full. Plano always fills their side.

As for the Band playing to our own crowd during the game. It was something that was started years ago.

EaglePower
10-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey guys. Allen fan here wanting to go to the game. Looking for Plano advice. If I wanted to get tickets, do I just show up on Friday? Should I go somewhere in advance?(new to this, have only attended home games)

paradox169
10-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey guys. Allen fan here wanting to go to the game. Looking for Plano advice. If I wanted to get tickets, do I just show up on Friday? Should I go somewhere in advance?(new to this, have only attended home games)

Get tickets early. You can go to Clark Stadium and buy them there in advance before 1pm on Friday I believe. Or you can hope that there not sold out and you may get lucky if you just show up at 730 but I wouldnt count on it.

Dargason
10-15-2008, 08:20 PM
My wife bought tickets at 1pm today and there was A LINE at Clark. She also agrees with PWCF03 that it appears to be nearly sold out already.

EaglePower
10-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh no! Haha. I'll run up there tomorrow at 1 pm. I hope it's not sold out, I was really looking forward to seeing this game. Thanks for the heads up

The Wood
10-15-2008, 09:28 PM

How utterly horrible that is. So sorry to hear that.

sportsjunkie40
10-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Oh no! Haha. I'll run up there tomorrow at 1 pm. I hope it's not sold out, I was really looking forward to seeing this game. Thanks for the heads up

I think the box office opens up at 6 pm on the day of the game....Wylie/Plano was the same way and people were able to get tickets that way...but i wouldnt show up much later than that

alleneagles57
10-15-2008, 10:44 PM

I was at the athletics office at Allen High School this afternoon to buy tickets. Reserved tickets are $7 for adults. I'm assuming you'll want to sit on the Allen side. There are still tickets available, but they tell me that there's usually a mad rush in ticket sales on Thursdays and Fridays before the game so I'd get there soon.

AllenEagles15
10-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Stinger,

I'm pretty sure allen won 35 - 27.

Oh congratulations on the "almost" win over allen last year? (:

Allen will win because of clark, yeah the stadium is only about 5 miles from both schools. We will win.....again.
I predict a shootout since both D's have seemed to have trouble.

Allen - 42
Plano - 38

TrojanHorse03
10-15-2008, 11:52 PM
I personally wouldn't be surprised if the Plano defense plays their best game this week, being matched up against a team that isn't primarily a running team and with Matt Brown not having Dan Buckner to go to. The question is who can Allen look to step up for Allen this year, in this game?

SLC
10-16-2008, 12:36 AM
I was at the athletics office at Allen High School this afternoon to buy tickets. Reserved tickets are $7 for adults. I'm assuming you'll want to sit on the Allen side. There are still tickets available, but they tell me that there's usually a mad rush in ticket sales on Thursdays and Fridays before the game so I'd get there soon.

Welcome to the 5atexasfootball community 57......:)

bigdaddydog
10-16-2008, 12:39 AM
I personally wouldn't be surprised if the Plano defense plays their best game this week, being matched up against a team that isn't a primarily running team and with Matt Brown not having Dan Buckner to go to. The question is who can Allen look to step up for Allen this year, in this game?

Allen runs a balance Run / Pass offense. I think they run more than they should but that's just me.

Here is some video of So. QB Matt Brown taking on a Plano LB (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAbgCZUlvOQ)last year.

I can't picture him getting away with this on Trinity Eh?!

#89 Sr. Dakarai Pecikonis WR is on fire this year. He runs some great routes and does a great job of breaking off routes when the QB gets in trouble.

Brown has really been spreading the ball around this year. #33 Bradlee Waddell is always dangerous as is #3 RB Jeremiah Williams.

This is going to be a good game.

~

AllenEagle06
10-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Just to stir things up. :cool:

I have a gut feeling the outcome will be something like the 2005 game. To people talking :Censor: about Plano's D keep on running your mouth. :D
The thing about 2005 is Allen was reloading that season which is not the case this year. If you really think the score will be 45-7 again then you are seriously misguided.

I know Motel 6 leaves the light on in all but please stop using their computer and let some other Allen citizen us it.
No Motel 6 exists in Allen. However, there are 2 that I know of in Plano.

That's okay. I have another way to make the Allenites welcome.
Let's put nails in their seats. They seem to think WE enjoy it.
We put nails in the seats as a favor to you. The pain of a rusty nail in your spine takes your mind off the pain of your team losing to Allen. We know you hate that. :)

Not during 0-10 seasons I'm afraid. The stands were nearly empty in 2003 as were the message boards.

GameTyme
10-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Game is hard to call. Plano has had it momets were you would see the score and sctrach your head then the next thing you know Burkhead is saving the day. If Allen stops Burkhead they win. Alot easier said then done, because when Superman is rolling Plano is rolling. This is going to be a classic. This type of game give me the home team.

PWCF03
10-16-2008, 01:09 AM
I couldn't agree with you more tH, Plano had probably one of their best defensive performances last week againast pW. The final score would have been 44-7 if they hadn't put in their second team defense. I really like how Jaydon McCullough is doing that so he can get them ready for the playoffs. Also looking at the Wylie game that wasn't close until Whitlock and his buddy Nick Knott decided to block a few punts of ours. I think our biggest threat is Matt Brown, at least for the first half until our guys get adjusted. He will make us look silly but i think what is going to hurt him is when he gets under pressure and throws those 2 interceptions. Don't get me wrong, Matt Brown is a really good player but you can't forget last year when he choked. Yeah he has grown up and this is 2008 but so far this year he has had 7 interceptions where as Meger hasn't thrown any (knock on wood) he is gonna probably have his worst game on Friday. I haven't been able to see any of Allen's games but I have heard their secondary is a force to be reckoned with. I am sure Jaydon has a few plays up his sleeves. With that said you are gonna see some trickery and high octane offenses going on in the first quarter. The first quarter it is going to be Plano 14-7. Second quarter it is going to be 21-10. Start of the third quarter Plano gets the ball back and goes 3 and out. Allen gets the ball back with 6 minutes to go in the 3 quarter and scores a TD making it 21-17. They kick it off and burkhead really doesn't get too far. Burkhead is having a so-so night with a few touchdowns from inside the 10. You have about 2 minutes remaining in the third quarter are about the 30 yard line and they have to settle for a field goal making it 24-17. Start of the fourth quarter Allen has a impressive return and brings it out close to the 50. Looks like they have some momentum going for them and Brown throws a interception and Laron Kelly takes it back for a TD making it 31-17. We have about 8 minutes remaining and Allen gets it back to around the 27 yard line. Talk about being able to control the clock it is now down to 2:47 seconds and Allen just scores making it 31-24. Plano gets the ball back has a few plays to have enough time to kneel the ball. Final score 31-24

PWCF03
10-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Game is hard to call. Plano has had it momets were you would see the score and sctrach your head then the next thing you know Burkhead is saving the day. If Allen stops Burkhead they win. Alot easier said then done, because when Superman is rolling Plano is rolling. This is going to be a classic. This type of game give me the home team.

Wylie pretty much shut down Burkhead and co. But yet we were still able to find ways to win even though they blocked two of our kicks and one "roughing the kicker" even though they said it wasn't, I don't know how it isn't when you run right into the kicker while letting the ball go? Anyways all I am saying is the fact that we overcame adversity even though I think we had 3 blocked punts that night and they stopped "superman".

PWCF03
10-16-2008, 01:14 AM

The thing about 2005 is Allen was reloading that season which is not the case this year. If you really think the score will be 45-7 again then you are seriously misguided.

No Motel 6 exists in Allen. However, there are 2 that I know of in Plano.

We put nails in the seats as a favor to you. The pain of a rusty nail in your spine takes your mind off the pain of your team losing to Allen. We know you hate that. :)

Not during 0-10 seasons I'm afraid. The stands were nearly empty in 2003 as were the message boards.

I am not saying it is gonna be 45-7 I am just saying Plano will come up with the W. I can't remember besides 2005 when Plano did give Allen a L. Also when did I say the motel 6 in Allen? We have to have somewhere where you guys can go and get on the computer and talk smack about your team :D

AllenEagle06
10-16-2008, 01:44 AM
I am not saying it is gonna be 45-7 I am just saying Plano will come up with the W. I can't remember besides 2005 when Plano did give Allen a L. Also when did I say the motel 6 in Allen? We have to have somewhere where you guys can go and get on the computer and talk smack about your team :D
You said it would be "something like the 2005 game" which was quite obviously a blowout. I don't think you'd be comparing that game to this one just becuase it was a 'W' now would you? Whether you were or not, don't you think you are being a little overconfident? You have to admit that losing to Allen is very possible, and looking at some of the stuff you've said in this thread, it would be pretty embarrassing coming back on here after a loss now wouldn't it?

And about the Motel 6 comment. I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here, but it seems to me like you're saying people in Allen are poor and can't afford their own computers. If that is what you're saying, then I suggest you take a drive through Twin Creeks.

bigdaddydog
10-16-2008, 02:29 AM
I couldn't agree with you more tH, Plano had probably one of their best defensive performances last week againast pW. The final score would have been 44-7 if they hadn't put in their second team defense. I really like how Jaydon McCullough is doing that so he can get them ready for the playoffs. Also looking at the Wylie game that wasn't close until Whitlock and his buddy Nick Knott decided to block a few punts of ours. I think our biggest threat is Matt Brown, at least for the first half until our guys get adjusted. He will make us look silly but i think what is going to hurt him is when he gets under pressure and throws those 2 interceptions. Don't get me wrong, Matt Brown is a really good player but you can't forget last year when he choked. Yeah he has grown up and this is 2008 but so far this year he has had 7 interceptions where as Meger hasn't thrown any (knock on wood) he is gonna probably have his worst game on Friday. I haven't been able to see any of Allen's games but I have heard their secondary is a force to be reckoned with. I am sure Jaydon has a few plays up his sleeves. With that said you are gonna see some trickery and high octane offenses going on in the first quarter. The first quarter it is going to be Plano 14-7. Second quarter it is going to be 21-10. Start of the third quarter Plano gets the ball back and goes 3 and out. Allen gets the ball back with 6 minutes to go in the 3 quarter and scores a TD making it 21-17. They kick it off and burkhead really doesn't get too far. Burkhead is having a so-so night with a few touchdowns from inside the 10. You have about 2 minutes remaining in the third quarter are about the 30 yard line and they have to settle for a field goal making it 24-17. Start of the fourth quarter Allen has a impressive return and brings it out close to the 50. Looks like they have some momentum going for them and Brown throws a interception and Laron Kelly takes it back for a TD making it 31-17. We have about 8 minutes remaining and Allen gets it back to around the 27 yard line. Talk about being able to control the clock it is now down to 2:47 seconds and Allen just scores making it 31-24. Plano gets the ball back has a few plays to have enough time to kneel the ball. Final score 31-24

Man that is some write up. It's almost like you can see the future!! :D

You must be Psychotic? :p

~

TrojanHorse03
10-16-2008, 09:45 AM
The Dallas Morning News' Pick...

7:30 p.m. Friday, Clark Field

(KFCD-AM 990, KVCE-AM 1160)

Mobile quarterbacks have given Plano some trouble this season, and Matt Brown is definitely mobile. Brown is Allen's leading rusher with 424 yards and three touchdowns, and he can also make plays with his arm. Plano's offense probably has too many playmakers to be stopped, but if Brown can keep Plano's swarming defense guessing, this could get interesting.

Pick: Plano 35, Allen 28

Keith Whitmire

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/101608dnspoallenplano.39ebda6.html

tjw
10-16-2008, 10:12 AM

We don't have those sleezy motels in Allen, that's a Plano thing.:p

That is it in the last 5 meetings, Allen has owned Plano everytime else and will again this Friday night.:D

SLC
10-16-2008, 10:12 AM
The Dallas Morning News' Pick...

7:30 p.m. Friday, Clark Field

(KFCD-AM 990, KVCE-AM 1160)

Mobile quarterbacks have given Plano some trouble this season, and Matt Brown is definitely mobile. Brown is Allen's leading rusher with 424 yards and three touchdowns, and he can also make plays with his arm. Plano's offense probably has too many playmakers to be stopped, but if Brown can keep Plano's swarming defense guessing, this could get interesting.

Pick: Plano 35, Allen 28

Keith Whitmire

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/101608dnspoallenplano.39ebda6.html

They also picked Carroll over Coppell....:(

tjw
10-16-2008, 10:16 AM
I personally wouldn't be surprised if the Plano defense plays their best game this week, being matched up against a team that isn't primarily a running team and with Matt Brown not having Dan Buckner to go to. The question is who can Allen look to step up for Allen this year, in this game?

Then you don't know Allen as all the others have!

tjw
10-16-2008, 10:16 AM

And he will be wrong again!

bigdaddydog
10-16-2008, 11:11 AM

Yup Whitmire is not only a wonderful HS football prognosticator he is really good with color and uniform design.

Keith on Color: (http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/what-can-brown-do-for-you-and-your-high.html)

~

SLC
10-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Yup Whitmire is not only a wonderful HS football prognosticator he is really good with color and uniform design.

Keith on Color: (http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/what-can-brown-do-for-you-and-your-high.html)

~

Yea... Not to mention even if there were brown uni's.. they'd still mostly be clean.. Seeing as how most teams play on turf now...

PWCF03
10-16-2008, 11:49 AM
You said it would be "something like the 2005 game" which was quite obviously a blowout. I don't think you'd be comparing that game to this one just becuase it was a 'W' now would you? Whether you were or not, don't you think you are being a little overconfident? You have to admit that losing to Allen is very possible, and looking at some of the stuff you've said in this thread, it would be pretty embarrassing coming back on here after a loss now wouldn't it?

And about the Motel 6 comment. I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here, but it seems to me like you're saying people in Allen are poor and can't afford their own computers. If that is what you're saying, then I suggest you take a drive through Twin Creeks.

Sure you could always say on any given day a team CAN get beat. It really doesn't matter how great a team is they can get beat. On the other hand you have to take into consideration what Meger has done (no interceptions) also you have to take into account Brown has 7. Also looking at your stats (allen's) it would seem to be that Brown is the one that is carrying ya'lls team(leading rusher) I guess that doesn't mean he is carrying your team but the stats arn't all that great rushing for 400+ yards and thrown just a little over 1000. You take the stats of Rex and you have 940 something. The guy right below him has almost as much as Brown. If we can find a way to stop Brown in the running game and I would say have our secondary play lights out then it is our game all the way no questions asked. Do I really think all that is going to happen probably not at least not in the first half. But Meger on the other hand since ya'lls secondary is so good (just from what people have said) I would say he is gonna throw some short passes and some to the outside, Kriss Lott is unbelievable there on the outside. That is probably when he makes some of his best catches. Also you can't sit there and say our defense sucks. The final score of the pW game would have been 44-7 if Jaydon had left the first team defense in there. Although pW is no Wylie or Allen team they are no push over by any means. I think Friday night it will be a great game. Plano has too many weapons my brother and we become very poised and calm when we are in stressful situations (we learned a little bit from playing eT last year). Yeah our defense is small, it has never been big. We like to use the bend don't break defense. But if you went to the Wylie game you saw Meger got rattled quite a few times but yet he stayed poised and didn't lose his cool (well once I saw him a little ticked, but hey i would be too) All in all Allen is a really good team, but I also see Wylie beating you guys. Nothing against Allen but Wylie is legit and I really think they will go deep in the playoffs if their wide receivers learn how to catch the ball. We would have gotten beat that night if they had caught some of those long throws. If Plano does win I am not going to run off like a little :Censor: . I will come back on here and tell everybody Allen was the better team and Plano sucks. I would hope the same from all of you Allen fans. I think it is fine to talk smack as long as if your team loses come back on here and be a man and admit that you were wrong.

KT2000
10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Question for Plano folks, is Rex playing any defensive downs? I wondered if they might put him in for important downs given the struggles on that side so far. He does enough as it is, but was curious about that.

Madison did that with Vince Young when he was in high school. Vince came in at free safety on 3rd downs. 6'5 210 pounds with 4.4 speed. Unfair.

PWCF03
10-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Question for Plano folks, is Rex playing any defensive downs? I wondered if they might put him in for important downs given the struggles on that side so far. He does enough as it is, but was curious about that.

Madison did that with Vince Young when he was in high school. Vince came in at free safety on 3rd downs. 6'5 210 pounds with 4.4 speed. Unfair.

Yeah they did that a little when they played Wylie and a few other games. I know when we played pE they put him in (usually when they are about to score) and Toben Opurum was going in for the 2 point conversion Rex stripped the ball and ran it back for 2 points.

KT2000
10-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah they did that a little when they played Wylie and a few other games. I know when we played pE they put him in (usually when they are about to score) and Toben Opurum was going in for the 2 point conversion Rex stripped the ball and ran it back for 2 points.

Lawd. I'm sure he sells programs as well.

NBC_43
10-16-2008, 12:11 PM

He goes in as a safety in goal line situations I think

EaglePower
10-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Woot. Picked up my ticket at the Allen athletic office today. There was still a fat roll left :D:D Totally excited for this!!!

slcdragonfan
10-16-2008, 02:15 PM

Yeah, when I saw that happen, I knew that the 'Superman' moniker was for real. Never seen anything like that. Tugging the ball away while holding the guy up, he was just stronger, THEN having the presence of mind to race to the other goal!!!!!:notworthy:notworthy

I'll never forget that play.

Gazelle
10-16-2008, 02:20 PM

Only when he's not selling peanuts.

hollywood
10-16-2008, 02:21 PM

Does he drive the bus? Or maybe just holds it while they fix the tire.

Gazelle
10-16-2008, 02:23 PM

Well, then those nails in Clark's east stands are going to come in handy for you Allenites on Friday.

PWCF03
10-16-2008, 02:34 PM
I sure hope Allen gets those penalties down, that will hurt them I was looking at the pW game they had some 112 yards of penalties. That is a elite team at its best. Sounds about right, nothing but trash over there. You have that many yards in penalties Plano will really make you look silly. Matt Brown also had 2 interceptions....HAHAHAHAHAHA WOW. ALLEN IS GOING TO WIN BY A LANDSLIDE. We are in so much trouble

I am having a hard time finding out how many interceptions Meger has thrown anybody have the stats on that?

Also looks kinda like a "one man show" there over in Allen? How is that going for Boyd?

Looking at the stats when you guys played eT. Again he had 2 interceptions, what a joke.

PWCF03
10-16-2008, 02:36 PM
I bet when Allen plays pE he doesn't throw any interceptions in that game either. Seems like when Allen plays "somewhat good teams" with the exception of eT Brown chokes big time.

PWCF03
10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Dang I was just looking and Meger has thrown about 600 more yards than Brown. HAHAHAHA I really wouldn't want to see his stat sheet on the interceptions :D

One more thing Laron Kelly you will see his # when he is running it in for a TD after Brown throws that INT. You better look closely, you might not be able to see it ;)

Eagle1986
10-16-2008, 02:49 PM
I sure hope Allen gets those penalties down, that will hurt them I was looking at the pW game they had some 112 yards of penalties. That is a elite team at its best. Sounds about right, nothing but trash over there. You have that many yards in penalties Plano will really make you look silly. Matt Brown also had 2 interceptions....HAHAHAHAHAHA WOW. ALLEN IS GOING TO WIN BY A LANDSLIDE. We are in so much trouble

I am having a hard time finding out how many interceptions Meger has thrown anybody have the stats on that?

Also looks kinda like a "one man show" there over in Allen? How is that going for Boyd?

Looking at the stats when you guys played eT. Again he had 2 interceptions, what a joke.

Nathan Dick, Allen, 0 interceptions until the second round of the playoffs. What Meger has done is nothing new!:cool: Lets see how he has done that far into the season.

As far as the penalties go in the PW game, 90 percent of those happened in a two minute period at the goal line, for both teams. What a joke it was, most of them unsportsmanlike conduct on both teams. All the players were standing there just looking at each other in amazement of what just happened.:eek:

Eagle1986
10-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Dang I was just looking and Meger has thrown about 600 more yards than Brown. HAHAHAHA I really wouldn't want to see his stat sheet on the interceptions :D

One more thing Laron Kelly you will see his # when he is running it in for a TD after Brown throws that INT. You better look closely, you might not be able to see it ;)

Meger 7 games played.
Brown 6 games played.

Not as far off as you wish.:rolleyes: At least Brown has the ability to run.:D

Piratefan09
10-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Allen by 14:)

wylie is playing east this week so i'm not to terribly worried about our game. me and a few buddies are going to head over to the allen plano game to see the second half and cheer on allen. we need allen to win, if they win wylie will beat allen which (if everything works out) will put wylie and plano in a tie for district.

dragonpants
10-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Sure you could always say on any given day a team CAN get beat. It really doesn't matter how great a team is they can get beat. On the other hand you have to take into consideration what Meger has done (no interceptions) also you have to take into account Brown has 7. Also looking at your stats (allen's) it would seem to be that Brown is the one that is carrying ya'lls team(leading rusher) I guess that doesn't mean he is carrying your team but the stats arn't all that great rushing for 400+ yards and thrown just a little over 1000. You take the stats of Rex and you have 940 something. The guy right below him has almost as much as Brown. If we can find a way to stop Brown in the running game and I would say have our secondary play lights out then it is our game all the way no questions asked. Do I really think all that is going to happen probably not at least not in the first half. But Meger on the other hand since ya'lls secondary is so good (just from what people have said) I would say he is gonna throw some short passes and some to the outside, Kriss Lott is unbelievable there on the outside. That is probably when he makes some of his best catches. Also you can't sit there and say our defense sucks. The final score of the pW game would have been 44-7 if Jaydon had left the first team defense in there. Although pW is no Wylie or Allen team they are no push over by any means. I think Friday night it will be a great game. Plano has too many weapons my brother and we become very poised and calm when we are in stressful situations (we learned a little bit from playing eT last year). Yeah our defense is small, it has never been big. We like to use the bend don't break defense. But if you went to the Wylie game you saw Meger got rattled quite a few times but yet he stayed poised and didn't lose his cool (well once I saw him a little ticked, but hey i would be too) All in all Allen is a really good team, but I also see Wylie beating you guys. Nothing against Allen but Wylie is legit and I really think they will go deep in the playoffs if their wide receivers learn how to catch the ball. We would have gotten beat that night if they had caught some of those long throws. If Plano does win I am not going to run off like a little :Censor: . I will come back on here and tell everybody Allen was the better team and Plano sucks. I would hope the same from all of you Allen fans. I think it is fine to talk smack as long as if your team loses come back on here and be a man and admit that you were wrong.

This game will come down to defense and no disrespect to either team but both defenses are not great. Allen's has never been very good and Plano's has has not been up to it's usual standard this year.
That being said I think that Plano will win this year as Plano has too many weapons. Meger is much better than last season. Last year Plano was more one dimensional and Allen does not have the talent on offense it did last year.
I do not think this one will be very close. Not a blowout but Plano wins by 10 or more.

bigdaddydog
10-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Meger 7 games played.
Brown 6 games played.

Not as far off as you wish.:rolleyes: At least Brown has the ability to run.:D

Hey now don't be so hard on Plano!! :p

Meger can run,. Just look what happened when he did last year.

1:44 to 1:56Meger Runs and Gets Mugged: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnqcjqxB4GE) :eek:

I mean it's not like they beat him up or anything. They just nicely took the ball and left him in a heap on the ground. :cool:

~

bigdaddydog
10-16-2008, 03:18 PM
This game will come down to defense and no disrespect to either team but both defenses are not great. Allen's has never been very good and Plano's has has not been up to it's usual standard this year.
That being said I think that Plano will win this year as Plano has too many weapons. Meger is much better than last season. Last year Plano was more one dimensional and Allen does not have the talent on offense it did last year.
I do not think this one will be very close. Not a blowout but Plano wins by 10 or more.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3179/2849565146_e8d4e401b3_o.gif

Ack! :D

~

dragonpants
10-16-2008, 03:22 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3179/2849565146_e8d4e401b3_o.gif

Ack! :D

~

You can ack all you want. Allen normally has tons of talent and ya'll need a coach. Allen is not a big game team and that has to do with coaching.

bigdaddydog
10-16-2008, 03:48 PM
You can ack all you want. Allen normally has tons of talent and ya'll need a coach. Allen is not a big game team and that has to do with coaching.

Preach on Preacher!! While I sing this here hymn! :D

I am channeling ScottS. It is my little tribute to his wonderful legacy.

Have you been to any games to see Allen play this year? The Trinity Game Perhaps?

Cheers,

~

farmerfan
10-16-2008, 03:51 PM

Let me start by saying Plano Sucks, always have and always will.
But Plano was not one dimensional last year. 3000 yard passer and as a tem rushed for close to if not over 2000.
I'll end by saying Plano sucks.

hollywood
10-16-2008, 03:53 PM
But Plano was not one dimensional last year. 3000 yard passer and as a tem rushed for close to if not over 2000.

So this seems a bit unclear to me. Are you saying that Plano sucks more or less this year?

farmerfan
10-16-2008, 03:56 PM
So this seems a bit unclear to me. Are you saying that Plano sucks more or less this year?

Right now Plano sucks to the 7th degree, been that way since about 94, time will tell if they can add to that legacy of suck that no one else knows in high school

Dargason
10-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey farmerfan, you might try the Latin version:

Ceterum censeo Plano esse delendam (Furthermore, I think Plano should be destroyed.)

See this Wikipedia link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carthago_delenda_est) for original version and explanation.