PDA

View Full Version : Plano Vs Allen

Pages : 1 [2]

dragonpants
10-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Preach on Preacher!! While I sing this here hymn! :D

I am channeling ScottS. It is my little tribute to his wonderful legacy.

Have you been to any games to see Allen play this year? The Trinity Game Perhaps?

Cheers,

~

Yes I went to the Trinity game.

MOJO94
10-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Let me start by saying Plano Sucks, always have and always will.
But Plano was not one dimensional last year. 3000 yard passer and as a tem rushed for close to if not over 2000.
I'll end by saying Plano sucks.LMAO:notworthy. Sry but that made me laugh.

PWCF03
10-16-2008, 04:23 PM
T-Mac's Week 7 Hot Pick

Plano 35, Allen 31
Allen fans with good memories will probably remind me that I picked Plano to win last season's meeting of Collin County powers and was wrong. Well, Dan Buckner is wearing burnt orange these days, so he won't have 130 receiving yards and three touchdowns against Plano again. And Plano's coaches will get the ball to Rex Burkhead, who had 276 yards from scrimmage on 13 touches, a lot more often.

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/tmacs-week-7-hot-picks.html

hollywood
10-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Right now Plano sucks to the 7th degree, been that way since about 94, time will tell if they can add to that legacy of suck that no one else knows in high school

Ok, I see. They could get 8 in 08. Then they would achieve a level of 8th degree of suck. Wow. This is getting very Zen. You know they say once you reach a certain level it all begins again ...

bigdaddydog
10-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Yes I went to the Trinity game.

Ok so as long as that is the only Allen game you have been to then I understand your perspective much better.

There are things you can't understand and that is ok! There are things I did not understand about the Southlake Carroll program till I had a chance to spend some time talking with Daddy Dodge.

I certainly wish that the Allen coaches would change some of the things they do, but unless you know what they go through and spend some time with them, there is just stuff you won't know and can't appreciate.

Good luck with your District.

Cheers,

~

PWCF03
10-16-2008, 05:39 PM
It's interesting I was looking at Wylie and Jesuits stats and Wylie had over 100+ yards in penalties. I think that is one thing Allen and Wylie have in common this year both have had games with over 100+ yards in penalties. What a bunch of trash

Plano Hasbeen
10-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Hey now don't be so hard on Plano!! :p

Meger can run,. Just look what happened when he did last year.

1:44 to 1:56Meger Runs and Gets Mugged: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnqcjqxB4GE) :eek:

I mean it's not like they beat him up or anything. They just nicely took the ball and left him in a heap on the ground. :cool:

~

Well that can happen when you're surrounded by 6 defenders holding you up and stripping at the ball...

Meger is very evasive in the pocket, and has the ability to run. He's actually pretty evasive and can take a hit w/o getting rattled, and could be a dual threat QB.
However, with 2 ACL surgeries and 4 concussions in the last 3 1/2 years, I'm sure the coaches at Plano try and keep him from risking getting hurt by running in the open field when he can just complete 65% of his passes and throw zero INT's and 17 TD's in 7 games from the pocket(actually mostly on the run), while letting Burkhead take care of the running aspect of the game.

Matt Brown is a great young athlete as well, and I'm sure he'll see the type of improvement in the INT column that Meger is in his Sr. season.

hollywood
10-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Well that can happen when you're surrounded by 6 defenders holding you up and stripping at the ball...

Meger is very evasive in the pocket, and has the ability to run. He's actually pretty evasive and can take a hit w/o getting rattled, and could be a dual threat QB.
However, with 2 ACL surgeries and 4 concussions in the last 3 1/2 years, I'm sure the coaches at Plano try and keep him from risking getting hurt by running in the open field when he can just complete 65% of his passes and throw zero INT's and 17 TD's in 7 games from the pocket(actually mostly on the run), while also letting Burkhead take care of the running aspect of the game.

Matt Brown is a great young athlete as well, and I'm sure he'll see the type of improvement in the INT column that Meger is in his Sr. season.

Welcome to the board.

TrojanHorse03
10-16-2008, 06:10 PM
T-Mac's Week 7 Hot Pick

Plano 35, Allen 31
Allen fans with good memories will probably remind me that I picked Plano to win last season's meeting of Collin County powers and was wrong. Well, Dan Buckner is wearing burnt orange these days, so he won't have 130 receiving yards and three touchdowns against Plano again. And Plano's coaches will get the ball to Rex Burkhead, who had 276 yards from scrimmage on 13 touches, a lot more often.

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/tmacs-week-7-hot-picks.html

I gotta say I can definitely see T-Mac's points. Columnist Matt Wixon also had this to add http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/counting-down-to-allen-vs-plano.html#comments .

Most of the people I've talked to believe Plano is going to beat Allen Friday night, but it's not an overwhelming majority. Allen's offense isn't as good as in the past, they say, and Plano's big offensive weapons -- RB Rex Burkhead, WR Kris Lott and QB Carson Meger -- can outscore anyone.

Plano has certainly shown it can score this season, with an average of more than 40 points per game. But Allen's defense is only allowing 11 points per game, and is much better than last year. The Eagles had several sophomores in key roles on the defense last season, and the year of experience has made a big difference.

So it might come down to Plano's defense, which has probably been the most talked about topic on the HSGametime blog. The Wildcats have given up a lot of points, but they've also made big plays late in games.

I took Plano in our weekly picks, which will be posted tomorrow, but an Allen win would only be a mild surprise to me. I think it could be like the game that looked like a tossup a week ago: Hebron 24, Flower Mound 21.

Plano-Allen could be just as close, but I think there will be more scoring. Maybe it will end up like the 2004 game that Allen won in overtime, 31-30. That was a forgettable season for Plano, but it was a fun game.

The winner of the Plano-Allen game has won the district title the last three years, and if Plano wins Friday, that streak will be extended to four years. If Allen wins, then the district finish won't be determined until the Eagles' regular-season finale against Wylie.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________

I'll add this while Plano's defense has its problems, one thing it does have that I have seen is 2 safeties who are good at forcing turnovers. If Allen gives the Plano offense as many extra opportunities as they did last year, this year it could get ugly. Allen needs a bigger contribution in the running game from someone other than Matt Brown than they have had this year to keep the Plano defense honest.

eagleone
10-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Allen's defense hasn't stopped the run against any "good" team. Even the junior high team from Mexico that Allen scrimaged early in the year had over 150 yds rushing. Weak linebackers will give BurKhead a big night. Allen arm tackles way too much to keep him in check. Like several have already mentioned-poor coaching in big games will continue to haunt Allen. With the exception of Trinity, Allen's lack of quality opponents will show up big time in this game!

Eagle1986
10-16-2008, 09:37 PM
It's interesting I was looking at Wylie and Jesuits stats and Wylie had over 100+ yards in penalties. I think that is one thing Allen and Wylie have in common this year both have had games with over 100+ yards in penalties. What a bunch of trash

Penalties

Allen ............ Plano
3-30 ............ 6-30
2-20 ............ 4-41
5-55 ............ 13-105 What a bunch of trash!:cool:
3-20 ............ 5-35
11-112 ......... 7-47
5-35 ............ 4-35
................... 8-51

Allen 29 penalties total. Plano 39 penalties in the same amount of games, leaving out the 8 you had the last game! Before you throw a bunch of crap out there, you need to step back and look at yourself in the mirror.:D

PWCF03
10-16-2008, 09:47 PM
:p you got me there. way to go

Eagle1986
10-16-2008, 09:48 PM

It's all good, see you tomorrow night!;)

AllenFan09
10-16-2008, 10:18 PM

That was that Plano West game which was crazy, flags we're flying all over the field. Had some hyper refs that game.
I am quite ready for this game, and regardless of the result I think it'll be a good, close game. I really wish the best to the eagles out there and hope for a good game without any injuries.

alleneagles8
10-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Penalties

Allen ............ Plano
3-30 ............ 6-30
2-20 ............ 4-41
5-55 ............ 13-105 What a bunch of trash!:cool:
3-20 ............ 5-35
11-112 ......... 7-47
5-35 ............ 4-35
................... 8-51

Allen 29 penalties total. Plano 39 penalties in the same amount of games, leaving out the 8 you had the last game! Before you throw a bunch of crap out there, you need to step back and look at yourself in the mirror.:D

Daaaang! :notworthy

Anyways, I can't wait until tomorrow night. This will be a great game no matter who wins. My pick: Allen- 38 Plano- 35 :cool:

PWCF03
10-17-2008, 12:01 AM
It's all good, see you tomorrow night!;)

I hate it when I don't check EVERYTHING over, if I don't then I tend to insert foot into mouth. Anyways man should a great game, see you there:D

chickenheart1
10-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Well, the time for trash talk is over and it's time to see the heart of the kids and who wants it more. There were a lot of these kids on the Plano team last year who are seeking a little revenge and can't wait to get it. The team with the most heart wins this game. There is a lot of talent on both teams but heart is the key. THAT AND BROWNS INTERCEPTIONS!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:p

bigdaddydog
10-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Well, the time for trash talk is over and it's time to see the heart of the kids and who wants it more. There were a lot of these kids on the Plano team last year who are seeking a little revenge and can't wait to get it. The team with the most heart wins this game. There is a lot of talent on both teams but heart is the key. THAT AND BROWNS INTERCEPTIONS!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:p

I got yer heart right here buddy!! :D

Going in with revenge on the mind is nothing but a distraction.

Focus Grasshopper. When you can take the pebble from my hand then you will be ready.

~

chickenheart1
10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
I got yer heart right here buddy!! :D

Going in with revenge on the mind is nothing but a distraction.

Focus Grasshopper. When you can take the pebble from my hand then you will be ready.

~

Gross dude!!! Use toiletpaper!!!:eek:

Maroon Cathead
10-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Look forward to a good game tonight between two good teams.

Plano has struggled some with special teams and much with defense this year. Hope the special teams play has been remedied, and credit goes to the defense for steady improvement throughout the season.

Allen is a tough opponent for Plano. It will take a big game from Brown, both running and throwing, for the Eagles to have a chance at victory.

Yet, Plano is a tough match up for anyone. Besides being talented on offense, it has refrained from committing turnovers. The offense has only one turnover so far this season despite playing quality defenses such as DeSoto, Hebron, and Wylie. If Plano can maintain this trend, then it will be hard for any opponent to best it.

Gazelle
10-17-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm pretty sure allen won 35 - 27.

You know, you are absolutely right there.
Allen absolutely blew out Rockwall last year, and it would have been a shut out except that Rockwall scored 27 points.

I was thinking about the almost win against Garland Rowlett in last year's playoffs.

BTW, I'm taking Plano 52-14 in an almost win for Allen.

Wildcat fan
10-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Maroondog,
Always scrounging around looking for scraps-----------we have won 2 games and your crapper team is goind down to Cove so shut your pie hole. Temple changed up their offense(too late in my opinion). Your a buzzard looking for your next meal. We'll see who goes farther in the playoffs-----------meat sack!

Sparza
10-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Several cars belonging to Allen football players were vandalized today while school was in session. The cars were parked in the football section behind the school. They wrote on the cars and spilled kitty litter on the cars. I guess this means "GAME ON".

Go #63

PWCF03
10-17-2008, 02:43 PM
What is "game on" supposed to mean?

PWCF03
10-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Also how is that related to Plano in anyway?

Sparza
10-17-2008, 02:46 PM
What is "game on" supposed to mean?

??? I'm not sure if you're baiting me but I'm referring to tonight's game. Our boys will be ready and I'm simply using the expression to bring the rivalry to the football field. What did you think I meant?????

Sparza
10-17-2008, 02:47 PM

Plano kids were the ones responsible for the kids newly designed cars - based on the messages that were written ALL OVER the cars/trucks.

Eagle1986
10-17-2008, 02:55 PM

Kitty Litter....Cats!:rolleyes:

Classy!:cool:

PWCF03
10-17-2008, 02:56 PM
do you have these people from plano on video surveillance? do you know type of car they were in? caucasian? african american? hispanic? also were you able to get any part of there license plate number?

PWCF03
10-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Ah didn't put those together, would have never even thought about that.

Sparza
10-17-2008, 03:04 PM
I realized what the cat litter meant pretty quickly. Actually it's pretty clever... let's hope it doesn't rain anytime soon. Luckily my son's truck was parked in a different location so he's pretty glad. But the players who weren't so lucky aren't smiling. Looking forward to the game!:D

Dargason
10-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Several cars belonging to Allen football players were vandalized today while school was in session. The cars were parked in the football section behind the school. They wrote on the cars and spilled kitty litter on the cars. I guess this means "GAME ON".
Man that is lame. I hope no permanent damage was done and that the stupid kids are caught and prosecuted.

Good luck to both teams. Let's play!

PWCF03
10-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Just talked to Lt. Thomlison from the APD and he said that 40 vehicles were vandalized. He said that they used spray paint on the windshields and kitty litter as well. It was to believed Plano cheerleaders (because they were wearing there jackets) what a bunch of maroons. Sorry guys that is pretty disrespectful.

DragonFan0316
10-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Just talked to Lt. Thomlison from the APD and he said that 40 vehicles were vandalized. He said that they used spray paint on the windshields and kitty litter as well. It was to believed Plano cheerleaders (because they were wearing there jackets) what a bunch of maroons. Sorry guys that is pretty disrespectful.

Jail time. That is not just a juvenile prank. Who are these kids parents?

alleneagles8
10-17-2008, 03:58 PM

It was more than just the football players too. In the parking lot I was in, almost every car had window paint on it (luckily not spray paint) and all the beds of trucks (including mine) had kitty litter and cat food in them. Even cars had some sprinkled all over them. Also, there was toilet paper wrapped around some cars. Things like "Go Plano" or "Plano band is better" or a picture of a paw print were written on cars. I'm not mad about it because it is easy to clean off, but why would you do something like that? Just a waste of time in my opinion. :p

Now excuse me while I go wipe off my windows and sweep out the bed of my truck. hah

bigdaddydog
GO EAGLES!!!!

~

PWCF03
It is a class c misdemeanor and no jail time

PWCF03
10-17-2008, 03:59 PM
It was more than just the football players too. In the parking lot I was in, almost every car had window paint on it (luckily not spray paint) and all the beds of trucks (including mine) had kitty litter and cat food in them. Even cars had some sprinkled all over them. Also, there was toilet paper wrapped around some cars. Things like "Go Plano" or "Plano band is better" or a picture of a paw print were written on cars. I'm not mad about it because it is easy to clean off, but why would you do something like that? Just a waste of time in my opinion. :p

I am glad it wasn't spray paint.

alleneagles8
10-17-2008, 04:12 PM

Yeah me too! It would've turned five minutes of cleaning into fifty. :eek: And I probably would've actually reported it if that happened. Oh boy.

Eagle1986
10-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Man that is lame. I hope no permanent damage was done and that the stupid kids are caught and prosecuted.

Good luck to both teams. Let's play!

Ditto!

tjw
10-17-2008, 04:44 PM

Again and again!:D

tjw
10-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Allen by 14:)

wylie is playing east this week so i'm not to terribly worried about our game. me and a few buddies are going to head over to the allen plano game to see the second half and cheer on allen. we need allen to win, if they win wylie will beat allen which (if everything works out) will put wylie and plano in a tie for district.

Man two things wrong with your logic. It would mean a 3 way tie not two, duh.
And second Wylie will not beat Allen so both are lame.:p

chickenheart1
10-17-2008, 05:13 PM

I kind of like it. I don't see any harm in it as long as it didn't damage the cars. Proves there still some fun in this new highschool rivalry. I mean come on, were talking about toilet paper and car paint. This kind of thing used to happen back in the day when Plano & Plano East played. It's kind of dissapointing not seeing all of the signs and telephone poles rapped with ribbon on both sides of town. Back in my day, it was an incredible experience. At least there letting the kids sit in the grass again at Clark.

tjw
10-17-2008, 05:16 PM
I kind of like it. I don't see any harm in it as long as it didn't damage the cars. Proves there still some fun in this new highschool rivalry. I mean come on, were talking about toilet paper and car paint. This kind of thing used to happen back in the day when Plano & Plano East played. It's kind of dissapointing not seeing all of the signs and telephone poles rapped with ribbon on both sides of town. Back in my day, it was an incredible experience. At least there letting the kids sit in the grass again at Clark.

So what is your address so I get the local kids to come do your car? :eek:

chickenheart1
10-17-2008, 05:25 PM
So what is your address so I get the local kids to come do your car? :eek:

Yes. It's 300 Rivercrest Blvd., Allen, TX 75002.:D

PWCF03
10-17-2008, 05:28 PM

HAHAHAHA that is bA. PLAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO

KICK SOME :Censor: :D

tjw
10-17-2008, 05:35 PM

Sure it will be at Allen staduim south, aka Clark.:D

PWCF03
10-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Sure it will be at Allen staduim south, aka Clark.:D

Plano has 5 officers patrolling the parking lot and Allen is bringing 4 of their own. The last I heard Plano will have the Sky Watch as well. :D

EaglePower
10-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Got out of school today to see our cars vandalized... bravo to whoever dun it. Very mature. See you tonight

farmerfan
10-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Where's PWF when you need him?
Plano vandalizing cars?
He'd be complaining about the duckies on the duck pond.

I miss PWF

PLANO SUCKS.

UCmaroons
10-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Jail time. That is not just a juvenile prank. Who are these kids parents?

these kids r in high school their parents dont have them on a leash

Butch Fifield
10-17-2008, 07:33 PM
hey, at least we didn't burn down Allen's field.

back in the early 80's, Richardson beat Plano and a few RHS students tried to burn something into Plano's astroturf. dont remember if it was "RHS" or the score of the game. 2/3 of the field burned and Plano had to finish the year playing at Texas Stadium.

shoe polish and toilet paper on cars? jail time? seriously?

although i do think it is pretty stupid to talk smack before a game. i prefer to talk afterwards. beter chance of not looking stupid.

Plano Hasbeen
10-17-2008, 08:15 PM
hey, at least we didn't burn down Allen's field.

back in the early 80's, Richardson beat Plano and a few RHS students tried to burn something into Plano's astroturf. dont remember if it was "RHS" or the score of the game. 2/3 of the field burned and Plano had to finish the year playing at Texas Stadium.

shoe polish and toilet paper on cars? jail time? seriously?

although i do think it is pretty stupid to talk smack before a game. i prefer to talk afterwards. beter chance of not looking stupid.

haha yea Plano HAD to finish its season at Texas Stadium... how unfortunate lol

dragonsdaddy
10-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Where's PWF when you need him?
Plano vandalizing cars?
He'd be complaining about the duckies on the duck pond.

I miss PWF

PLANO SUCKS.

but in some people's eyes(look in a mirror and you'll know to whom i'm typing), allen sux worse. and it isn't even close, is it?

farmerfan
10-17-2008, 08:28 PM
but in some people's eyes(look in a mirror and you'll know to whom i'm typing), allen sux worse. and it isn't even close, is it?

Don't bring Allen into this conversation. Sure they suck but we have a winning record against them. Too bad I can't say the same about Plano in both categories :Censor:

PWCF03
10-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Allen IS great. Plano is not. I talked a lot of smack and talked about how Allen was going to lose. I am back on here and wanting to let you all know Allen is the better team. It was a rough game for the whole wildcat family but it's alright. Keep it up Allen great game on ya'lls part :D, also Brown is a really great player sorry for dogging him about how awful he is. He really is a great player. Keep it up guys go strong in the playoffs.

KT2000
10-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Wow...is all I can come up with. We all knew Plano had problems on D, but their offense usually does enough to keep people from going wild. Allen must have a legit defense this year.

alleneaglefan07
10-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Wow...is all I can come up with. We all knew Plano had problems on D, but their offense usually does enough to keep people from going wild. Allen must have a legit defense this year.

Heres to all those people who talked trash about allen and said they sucked. this was statment game to the rest of our district and texas football. were legit and we deserve #2 not plano. the only loss we have is to the #1...in the nation and state. lets face it. we own clark stadium. might as well have two eagle staduims. plano is highly overrated and we showed that tonight. how wylie lost i dont know??? theres a thing called defense and plano dosent have it. :eek: to all the allen fans get your popcorn ready cause state championship...here we come. yours truly...alleneaglefan07. Allen:notworthy

EaglePower
10-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Allen IS great. Plano is not. I talked a lot of smack and talked about how Allen was going to lose. I am back on here and wanting to let you all know Allen is the better team. It was a rough game for the whole wildcat family but it's alright. Keep it up Allen great game on ya'lls part :D, also Brown is a really great player sorry for dogging him about how awful he is. He really is a great player. Keep it up guys go strong in the playoffs.

Respect to you , bro... good luck in the playoffs.:notworthy:notworthy

slcdragonfan
10-17-2008, 11:19 PM

Way to man up. This is an amazing score, I can't wait to hear what happened.

allendad
10-17-2008, 11:30 PM

With the smack that went on this year for the game(which wasn't really bad
at all), You show class and have my respect.

Now, the game . . . . . .

HOLY CRAP !

The Eagles were delirious out there tonight.

I truly sat up there with my mouth hanging open.
That is the best that the kids executed all year.
It was outrageous!

I did not expect that at all.

Plano ran into a stinkin' tidal wave tonight.
It will take some time to comprehend what happened
out there.

When those two Allen DB's hit each other I thought
that we were going to see some ambulances on the field.

As far as I know all the kids are healthy on both teams.
Happy as a peach with that!

I'm on cloud 9.

Peace out all !

Maroon Cathead
10-17-2008, 11:31 PM
That one hurt, good win for Allen. The Eagles forced four turnovers, had zero turnovers, returned a kickoff for a touchdown, and crushed Plano.

It was a tough night for the Wildcats.

AllenEagle06
10-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Wow. I couldn't make the game. I knew Allen was cabable of winning but not as much as that. Anyone want to tell me everything that happened?

TheScout
10-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Wow. I couldn't make the game. I knew Allen was cabable of winning but not as much as that. Anyone want to tell me everything that happened?

Plano has no D. (short version)

slcdragonfan
10-17-2008, 11:35 PM
With the smack that went on this year for the game(which wasn't really bad
at all), You show class and have my respect.

Now, the game . . . . . .

HOLY CRAP !

The Eagles were delirious out there tonight.

I truly sat up there with my mouth hanging open.
That is the best that the kids executed all year.
It was outrageous!

I did not expect that at all.

Plano ran into a stinkin' tidal wave tonight.
It will take some time to comprehend what happened
out there.

When those two Allen DB's hit each other I thought
that we were going to see some ambulances on the field.

As far as I know all the kids are healthy on both teams.
Happy as a peach with that!

I'm on cloud 9.

Peace out all !

AllenDad, I'm happy for you tonight, after all the feces you had to take last year regarding Allen's Defense, you gotta be happy. This is a BIG win over a very fine Plano team.

AllenEagle06
10-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Plano has no D. (short version)
Ah I see. Thank you.

TheScout
10-17-2008, 11:38 PM
AllenDad, I'm happy for you tonight, after all the feces you had to take last year regarding Allen's Defense, you gotta be happy. This is a BIG win over a very fine Plano team.

Allen = great D. I was rooting for ya Allen. I also think this win makes Trinity look that much better. Trinity at least held them to 14. :eek: Way to go Allen. Probably no smack talk from Plano this next off season.:notworthy. Wish I could have made the game

powerofthehaka
10-17-2008, 11:39 PM
:eek::notworthy:eek::notworthy

AllenEagles15
10-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Amazing game,
I could not believe how it was 28-10 at half!
The Defense really stepped it up tonight on turnovers.
Brown had zero turnovers this game which kept us ahead with the ball.

We seem to get gaining some confidence, hope it carries all the way through the playoffs.

reed35
10-17-2008, 11:44 PM
pathetic and pitifull is what Plano was. I am glad they got that big bubble busted. I have not seen them give up like they did tonight. Even JM walked around in a cloud.

I can't beleive i said that, but truth hurts.

Like the commercial: round trip plane from Philly to Dallas = 1000
game tickets and meal = 75
memory = ugly

AllenFan09
10-17-2008, 11:47 PM
WOW That is all I can say. I expected a close game not a blow out, great job Eagles, I think our we can say that our defense has definitely improved, matt brown had a heck of a night, does any one have his stats? I didn't really see that many incompletion, 0 ints, 0 fumbles, 2 punts (one at the very end of the game).
I really thought I was dreaming by the end of that game. I just didn't see how that was possible. :cool::eek::notworthy
Go Eagles! As long as we don't get overconfident and keep playing like this I could see a longer playoff run than I was expecting before!

Trinity Trojan Fan For Li
10-17-2008, 11:48 PM
:eek::notworthy:eek::notworthy
x2
Way to go Allen!

txkidrn
10-17-2008, 11:49 PM
I've never screamed so much in my life. Way to go Allen !! Amazing game.

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

da hawaiian
10-17-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't know why I should be happy. On the good side for Trinity, Allen has shown that it has two impressive victories over Longview and Plano and making Trinity's victory over them more impressive? But on the other hand now we can expect an agry Plano squad in the 2nd round looking for respect(provided we beat Coppell or FlowerMound). If I've learned anything from Katy's collapse against TWHS (Arguably the best team in the state) and Trinity's 7point win over Keller...you've got to be ready to play every week.

Other than that

Congrats to Allen. Looks like they're playing championship calibre football at the moment

EaglePower
10-18-2008, 12:04 AM
I also think this win makes Trinity look that much better.
I think this as well. Trinity's win over Allen may be underappreciated.

PaulinPlano
10-18-2008, 12:10 AM
Plano's defense was exposed. It will be interesting to see if they can make some adjustments with what they have. I wish I could have gone to this game. Congratulations to the Eagles. Plano, keep you chin up, this was only for district bragging rights. Playoffs are yet to come where there could be a round 2.

How was the game as far as time of possession? Turnovers obviously hurt the Wildcats. Anyone not going for the Wildcats in this one? Not that these questions imply anything, just asking. Right now Allen is the better team.

tjw
10-18-2008, 12:13 AM

Glad to see you take it like a man:notworthy; yes you did talk smack, dogged players and state lots of almost.

Only almost I saw tonight was Allen almost scoring 60 points and two almost interceptions that were not, but Meger threw too many interceptions (3).

Brown was almost perfect passing and ran all over Plano's D or lack of it.

Smack apology accepted.:) Maybe we'll play again in the playoffs.

da hawaiian
10-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Glad to see you take it like a man:notworthy; yes you did talk smack, dogged players and state lots of almost.

Only almost I saw tonight was Allen almost scoring 60 points and two almost interceptions that were not, but Meger threw too many interceptions (3).

Brown was almost perfect passing and ran all over Plano's D or lack of it.

Smack apology accepted.:) Maybe we'll play again in the playoffs.

Don't count on it

THSBandDad
10-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Congrats Allen!! Way to go.

tjw
10-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Don't count on it

Oh, did not think about what that would entail until your response...gotcha:D

Wildcat fan
10-18-2008, 12:27 AM
For all of you------------------I told you Plano would lose--------they met a team with a good offense and a better defense. Can you say "oh my gosh, our defense sucks?" That was a 33 point blowout. Can you say "BLOWOUT?"

Wildcat fan
10-18-2008, 12:28 AM
BLOWOUT--------------BLOWOUT, oh yea-----one more thing------------BLOWOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildcat fan
10-18-2008, 12:37 AM
HEEHEE------can't get over the fact that I was right------I should be coaching the cowboys. I told you after the fourth week that Plano's defense would be their achilles------------damn, it feels good knowing you are right!

hollywood
10-18-2008, 12:46 AM
For all of you------------------I told you Plano would lose--------they met a team with a good offense and a better defense. Can you say "oh my gosh, our defense sucks?" That was a 33 point blowout. Can you say "BLOWOUT?"

Ok, so where do you have PWF locked up and hidden?

If there is a ransom, we will see if we can take up a collection.

SLC
10-18-2008, 01:26 AM
If Plano was going to lose in district, it would have been against the Wylie the 2nd best team in the district. Plano is to well balanced for Allen...

Plano 35

Allen 24

Plano 23

Allen 56

Dont know how many others will come on here and do it, but I'm gonna eat my crow now and get it over with... :D

I was way wrong... Allen... WOW!!!.... Great job .....:notworthy

bigdaddydog
10-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Plano 23

Allen 56

Dont know how many others will come on here and do it, but I'm gonna eat my crow now and get it over with... :D

Thanks for you and PWCF03 coming on here and manning up. Dishing it out is easy taking it shows class.

My 35 to 28 prediction was way off. The has been the closest to perfect that I have seen Allen play and it was still sloppy in some areas. I was kind of feeling bad for Meger. He was having an off night. It seemed like the interception, one in particular was just thrown to a wide open Allen player. Strange.

I know no one is throwing excusses around, but I was hearing that grades came out and tehre were some 7-8 Plano players that were benched? True? Any effects on the Plano performance if true?

This is going to make a Great Highlight Video!!!

GO EAGLES!!

P.S. Farmerfan, I hope you liked the win you ordered up. Thanks again ;)

~

AllenFan09
10-18-2008, 08:24 AM
After seeing both teams this year (Allen vs Trinity and Plano vs Wylie) I have to give the edge to Plano. That just seemed to be executing better and make the big plays when necessary. Allen didn't look overly impressive aginst Trinity, while Plano fought hard and held on against a very good Wylie team.

Allen's D does not have the speed or tackle as well as Wylie's, and i think that will be the difference. Just an opinion.

BTW: I don't think I've picked this game right in three years:D

It ought to be a good one!

Four years now. Keep picking Plano please! :D

tjw
10-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Plano 23

Allen 56

Way to admit it. :notworthy

Glad we can all talk smack and some can man up to being incorrect.:)

FeeltheHaka
10-18-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm in shock! Congrats Allen! Allen has amazing size on the line. When we (Euless Trinity) played them, I remember being amazed at the size and athleticism of the linemen during pregame warm ups. These boys were huge, and moving like they were Ballet dancers! At the Trinity game, there was this older gentlemen who was getting updates, and when he called out the scores; I didn't believe it!
Big ups to the Plano fans who came back last night and today!
The people who dogged Matt Brown at the beginning of season need to come on and take back what they said! On that note, a big "told ya so" from those of us who defended Matt Brown!
I eat crow for voting for Plano! An un-named guru said at the beginning of the season that Allen was better than Plano, and they were right!

ASH1157
10-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Shades of Texas-OU last week, huh? Whodathunk lil ole Allen could put it to the highly touted Wildcats so convincingly, what with all those offensive weapons of Plano's? Go figure...

To me, it seemed to be a combination of Allen playing its best game all season and Plano, perhaps, playing its worse this season. I haven't seen Plano play, so I put this out there to Plano fans...is that the best that team has? Because, if it is, that's a team that was WAY overrated (which is never surprising to me since they continue to live off the fumes of their early 90s heydays). My guess is that it isn't, although I'm pretty sure we'd still have won if it had been.

I think Coach Westerberg and the other coaches deserve a lot of credit for getting the team ready for this game. And Matt Brown seems to have gotten his 2007 season mojo back (with apologies to Permian fans). Lots of football left to play, but I am most pleased by how my team is playing right now.

So, color me stunned (in Allen Eagle blue, please)...what a great way to start the weekend!

Bill4par
10-18-2008, 09:49 AM
I just think Plano's P.R. machine is alot better than their team. Two things were confirmed for me last night....Burkhead is really good, and Allen's team is really good. Allen's team produced on both sides of the ball and on Special Teams. Allen's OL was very impressive. Allen's DB's played very well.

Great intensity by both teams, great atmosphere!

chickenheart1
10-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Bad execution...bad defense...bad penalties...no pressure on Brown...too many turnovers...bad coaching.

Allen - good execution...great offensive line...great secondary...good QB...great coaching.

Plano's D was out-matched and out-coached. I think some of Plano's play calling was terrible at times. Passed the ball too much on plays where they should have been running. I think we were asleep for this one. There will be no deep run in the playoffs with that defense the way it is. Allen however, I hope this is the year for you guys to make some noise in the playoffs. Your D is very good. It's a shame that the stars weren't aligned so we could have last year d with this years O. Well, wishfull thinking. It was hard to come back here this morning and take it, but here it is.:(

Trojan4653
10-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Congrats Allen:notworthy You did us proud!
What were the numbers on the Meger , Lott, Superman trio?

NHB06
10-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Congrats to Allen on the win. Allen has definately had our number the last few years. Hopefully, Plano will rebound from the loss and make a strong showing in the playoffs. Best of luck to the Allen fans.

AllenFan09
10-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Congrats Allen:notworthy You did us proud!
What were the numbers on the Meger , Lott, Superman trio?
Rushing Passing Receiving
Burkhead, Rex 22-121 0-1-0-0 7-54
Lott, Kris - - 12-126
Meger, Carson 6-3 31-48-3-329 -

AllenEagles15
10-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Did anyone else notice how good J Will looked tonight?
14 carries 110 yards?

tjw
10-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Did anyone else notice how good J Will looked tonight?
14 carries 110 yards?

Yes, he finally looked like his old self since he got hurt last year. Loved his 12-14 yards carries on the opening drive.;)

TrinityProud
10-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Congratulations to Allen! At the Trinity game last evening, the game scores were announced a few times. The Trinity side erupted in cheers that Allen was ahead. :notworthy

TrinityProud
10-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Congratulations to Allen! At the Trinity game last evening, the game scores were announced a few times. The Trinity side erupted in applause upon hearing that Allen was ahead. :notworthy

tjw
10-19-2008, 10:15 AM
"Congratulations to the Plano Wildcats, recipients of the 2008 "Tease of the Year" award. I'm done with you, Plano. I put my faith in you, and you laid an egg. We're through." - Greg Tepper, DMN

Says it all.

AlwaysEAST
10-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Looking Back On Things Are Funny: Something About Pride Cometh Before The Fall...

tjw
10-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Here's an interception leader in a different way. Carson Meger of Plano...7 games / 16 TDs / NO INTERCEPTIONS!!!

No longer true...which is what we pointed out to Chickenheart before the game...Nathen Dick had no interceptions all the way through the second round of the playoffs before it happened...Meger threw three in week 7. Not saying a QB cannot have a season with no int, but the odds are against it and seems to only get higher when some one brags about it.:D

Exwildcat79
10-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Shades of Texas-OU last week, huh? Whodathunk lil ole Allen could put it to the highly touted Wildcats so convincingly, what with all those offensive weapons of Plano's? Go figure...

To me, it seemed to be a combination of Allen playing its best game all season and Plano, perhaps, playing its worse this season. I haven't seen Plano play, so I put this out there to Plano fans...is that the best that team has? Because, if it is, that's a team that was WAY overrated (which is never surprising to me since they continue to live off the fumes of their early 90s heydays). My guess is that it isn't, although I'm pretty sure we'd still have won if it had been.

I think Coach Westerberg and the other coaches deserve a lot of credit for getting the team ready for this game. And Matt Brown seems to have gotten his 2007 season mojo back (with apologies to Permian fans). Lots of football left to play, but I am most pleased by how my team is playing right now.

So, color me stunned (in Allen Eagle blue, please)...what a great way to start the weekend!

No apology needed. You used the proper small "m" when referring to anything else not associated with Mojo.;)

Roughrider
10-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Bad execution...bad defense...bad penalties...no pressure on Brown...too many turnovers...bad coaching.

Allen - good execution...great offensive line...great secondary...good QB...great coaching.

Plano's D was out-matched and out-coached. I think some of Plano's play calling was terrible at times. Passed the ball too much on plays where they should have been running. I think we were asleep for this one. There will be no deep run in the playoffs with that defense the way it is. Allen however, I hope this is the year for you guys to make some noise in the playoffs. Your D is very good. It's a shame that the stars weren't aligned so we could have last year d with this years O. Well, wishfull thinking. It was hard to come back here this morning and take it, but here it is.:(

Yeah, Should've hired Moss!

PirateParent2011
10-22-2008, 02:03 PM
...As much credit as folks want to give to Wylie, their DBs struggled all night against Plano. I think Allen's DBs can do better. The only thing that saved the Wylie secondary was the way they were able to disrupt Meger and Burkhead and Plano's "O" still put up 38 points.
~

Yep, the DBs are definitly our weak link this year. If we hope to shutdown Allen's "O" we will have to control Matt Brown. I'm praying for Nikita Whitlock to have his best game of the regular season! :D

tjw
10-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Yep, the DBs are definitly our weak link this year. If we hope to shutdown Allen's "O" we will have to control Matt Brown. I'm praying for Nikita Whitlock to have his best game of the regular season! :D

I would agree your DB's were not keeping up with any of the Plano's WR during the Plano-Wylie game. If they play that weak against Allen it could be a long night even if Whitlock has his best game. I do believe our O-line is bigger then Plano's?

bigdaddydog
10-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I would agree your DB's were not keeping up with any of the Plano's WR during the Plano-Wylie game. If they play that weak against Allen it could be a long night even if Whitlock has his best game. I do believe our O-line is bigger then Plano's?

Man, I don't know. Whitlock is quick and could wreak some havoc. I think the coaches will be ready. with a plan. I expect he will get some pressure and maybe a sack or two. As far as a last game of the district play I am looking forward to it. So now on to Jesuit.

GO EAGLES!!

~