PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to Concha

LP-79
05-31-2005, 11:10 AM
I have been reading all the arguments between you and some of the other posters on here. Lots of stats back and forth that have been skewed to show who ever was posting point. I have seen you avoiding some questions. I think you should answer a couple questions or be banned from this board.
1. How many Texas 5A football games have you seen?
2. How many SLC Games have you seen?
3. Ohio and Texas High school football are completly different, How can you say one team is better than another. One game played this year will not show anything. It will be early in the year. The only time it will matter is playoff time- WIN OR GO HOME!

concha
05-31-2005, 11:45 AM
I have been reading all the arguments between you and some of the other posters on here. Lots of stats back and forth that have been skewed to show who ever was posting point. [Please show me stats that I have skewed. I have challenged Texas frog and now I ask the same of you: What have I skewed? Have you actually read my posts, or are you simply buying into texasfrog's lies and exaggerations?] I have seen you avoiding some questions. [This is laughable. I have been lied about by Texasfrog and challenged him to back up his lies and exaggerations, yet I"M the one avoiding questions?! Would you go out of your way to answer the questions of someone who posts lies about you and then hides when challenged???] I think you should answer a couple questions or be banned from this board. [I could care less if you think I should be banned. In fact, just what justification or reason do you see for my being banned to begin with? You take what Frog says hook, line and sinker. Can YOU show me where I have claimed Texas to be 2nd rate? Can you? I can direct you a post where I basically say that, overall, Texas is the top state in High school ball. Funny how this is ignored but Frog's lies, which he refuses to support, are taken as Gospel. Who should be banned? Me, or a liar?]
1. How many Texas 5A football games have you seen?
2. How many SLC Games have you seen?
3. Ohio and Texas High school football are completly different, How can you say one team is better than another. One game played this year will not show anything. It will be early in the year. The only time it will matter is playoff time- WIN OR GO HOME!

[I have stated that I believe SLC to be a better program in recent years than any Ohio program. I have stated that Texas is competitive at the highest tier of teams with any state and deepER than any state. This idea that Frog has about me belittling Texas football every two seconds is a lie. Check for yourself....]

concha
05-31-2005, 11:59 AM
SuperCentex: So, who has the #1 high school football state as a whole in your opinion? Regarding athletes, coaches, facilities, atmosphere, and fan support (as a whole)

Concha: When overall size is taken in, Texas, of course. (05-25-2005, 11:23 AM)

That must have been it. That must be what set Texas fans off. :confused:

LP-79
05-31-2005, 12:01 PM
You still have not answered the 2 basic questions! That is all I am really interested in. How many games have you seen? Texas or SLC? Just answer that!

concha
05-31-2005, 12:06 PM
You still have not answered the 2 basic questions! That is all I am really interested in. How many games have you seen? Texas or SLC? Just answer that!

No.

I will not answer.

Why should I? Judging from the lies you seem to buy into so easily and TexasFrog's outright lies and exaggerations, my response will simply be attacked no matter what it is.

You appear to feel no need whatsoever to verify lies you use to accuse me, but expect me to aswer questions on demand?

Get real.

Xfballphenome05
05-31-2005, 12:07 PM
if you dont like the way texas fans are,u can leave...this is a texas football website.

concha
05-31-2005, 12:11 PM
if you dont like the way texas fans are,u can leave...this is a texas football website.

Are you saying it is acceptable in Texas to lie about someone and fail to back it up when challenged? I had thought that honor was something prized in the South.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
I think Lee will answer all his questions come September 9th.

Does anyone else smell "wood" shed? :eek:

concha
05-31-2005, 12:36 PM
I think Lee will answer all his questions come September 9th.

Does anyone else smell "wood" shed? :eek:

Lee is a fine program and will no doubt represent themselves more honorably than a couple of posters I could mention....

the_great_state_of_TExas
05-31-2005, 12:49 PM
Concha's debating rules...

1) Always answer a question with a question.

2) Always deflect the topic to anyone other than Concha

3) Focus on the Stats... and obscure articles.
- Very few of the posters on the page have the time (or the motivation)
to review high school football statistics.

4) If all else fails, insult the poster use words like idiot, liar, .....

I am sure you will have some sordid response that follows the aforementioned rules, but the simple fact is your argumentative nature does not fly on this board.

LP-79
05-31-2005, 12:57 PM
I don't really care what he says on here. I am not for him or against him. He can say what he wants when he wants! I just want him to answer the questions of how many Texas high school football games he has seen, and how many SLC games he has seen. For all I care Concha and TexasFrog can meet in nuetral site and argue for next ten years! I just wish he had cajones big enough to answer them 2 questions on the board where everybody could see it! :eek:

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-31-2005, 01:01 PM
I don't really care what he says on here. I am not for him or against him. He can say what he wants when he wants! I just want him to answer the questions of how many Texas high school football games he has seen, and how many SLC games he has seen. For all I care Concha and TexasFrog can meet in nuetral site and argue for next ten years! I just wish he had cajones big enough to answer them 2 questions on the board where everybody could see it! :eek:
Spoken like a true East Texan. I'm proud. :)

Lp78
05-31-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't know about the North, but down South being called a lier is pretty serious. I'm just asking? What lie? If you have seen a Texas HS game just say so. The problem here seems to be credibility. Just as someone from Texas juding Ohio football. If you haven't seen it in person, you really don't know. You can speculate all you want. Stats from the past really mean nothing when you compare defenses from the 60s,70s...... to todays offensive units.

concha
05-31-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't know about the North, but down South being called a lier is pretty serious. I'm just asking? What lie? If you have seen a Texas HS game just say so. The problem here seems to be credibility. Just as someone from Texas juding Ohio football. If you haven't seen it in person, you really don't know. You can speculate all you want. Stats from the past really mean nothing when you compare defenses from the 60s,70s...... to todays offensive units.

TexasFrog has accused me of belittling Texas football, calling it second rate, Ohio superior blah blah blah.... You can check it out easily enough. Whenever challenged to back up such accusations, he runs and hides. (I would direct you the quote above where I say Texas is the overall #1 state, which goes totally ignored... hardly the words of someone out simply to belittle Texas, wouldn't you say?). You will notice that he completely ignores any complement I make about Texas ball, yet will distort anything possible to attack a non-Texan. It's absurd.

He then makes claims about Ohio that are patently false. Example: He says that Ohio teams run the ball 90% of the time ("3 yards and a cloud of dust" is his favorite pet saying). I provide him with stats from 3 of the 4 teams from my hometown of Cincinnati that prove his claims to be utterly with out merit (1/3 to 1/2 of plays are passes, and 40%-60% of the yardage). His response? His take on ONE GAME. That is what he bases his conclusions on! The stats for 3 top programs for an entire season versus a single game. But I'm wrong, LOL!

He accuses me of saying that Colerain will destroy REL. Proof? TexasFrog? Beuhler? Anyone?

Read my posts. Draw your own conclusions.

LPanther
05-31-2005, 01:22 PM
Guys, I don't think that Concha should be a target on here just because he represents a different point of view from us native Texans. I know from his previous posts that I've seen (both here and on another site), that he has great respect for the level of football played in Texas. I do give him credit for thinking through most of his posts, and in general validating his arguements. Were we raised in Ohio or some other state, I'm sure we would look at things from a different viewpoint. There is a slight possibly that the top teams from another state may be able to challenge the elite teams from Texas (Colerain and TL will settle this). Overall, there is no doubt that HS football in Texas reigns supreme, but frankly the size of our state does give us the advantage. I'm sure Concha has seen video of SLC. Has anyone bothered to check out video of Colerain (they "ain't" bad). Besides that, if we treat him with some respect, he might be able to give us a scouting report on some of the Georgia teams, since he lives in Atlanta now.

LP-79
05-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Still no answer to 2 simple questions! Like I said He has something going on with TexasFrog. C'mon Concha be a man! Answer the questions! You can say what you want when you want on here. I just want to know how serious you are about TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL football, How many games have you seen? With the invention of a little thing called the internet you can see about anything you want on here! Have you at least took the time to watch some flash video of Texas teams? C'mon reach down there grab hold and proof you are a man! Answer 2 simple questions! Now me I say Tyler Lee will win. Just being loyal to my east texas friends. I have not watched any Ohio teams play. Give me an addy and I will check them out. After you answer my 2 questions!

Lp78
05-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Its cool, it just sounds like a cat fight over stats. What Ohio web sites are good for HS football? You can PM that if you want.

Lp78
05-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Guys, I don't think that Concha should be a target on here just because he represents a different point of view from us native Texans. I know from his previous posts that I've seen (both here and on another site), that he has great respect for the level of football played in Texas. I do give him credit for thinking through most of his posts, and in general validating his arguements. Were we raised in Ohio or some other state, I'm sure we would look at things from a different viewpoint. There is a slight possibly that the top teams from another state may be able to challenge the elite teams from Texas (Colerain and TL will settle this). Overall, there is no doubt that HS football in Texas reigns supreme, but frankly the size of our state does give us the advantage. I'm sure Concha has seen video of SLC. Has anyone bothered to check out video of Colerain (they "ain't" bad). Besides that, if we treat him with some respect, he might be able to give us a scouting report on some of the Georgia teams, since he lives in Atlanta now.

Ditto! I would also think Califoria & Florida would be up there with top notch programs.

concha
05-31-2005, 01:35 PM

LPanther,

Nice to see a voice of reason (though you are certainly not the only one). My thanks for the classy post.

You are correct that I have great respect for Texas ball. For example, I truly DO believe that Colerain was better than SLC or any Texas team last season. I also happen to believe that the big school top 10 would have been weighted clearly to Texas. Ohio as a whole did not have a great year, while SLC, Lufkin, Abilene etc had very potent teams. In a matchup of top 10s in a typical year, I think Ohio can hold its own but Texas is simply too big (read "deep") for Ohio to hang in there strongly much beyond the top 10-15 at the big school level.

I look forward the watching the game on Sept 9th. FYI, My family situation keeps me from seeing much ball here in Georgia. I did see the Parkview-Camden County game early last season and, frankly, was quite disappointed. That said, it was early in the season and Lowndes ended up the top dog anyway (crushing Camden BTW).

NewSherriffInTown
05-31-2005, 01:42 PM
I don't see what his watching Texas games has to do with anything.

I've fought with the guy on this site and the other site, but that doesn't mean he isn't credible for not seeing any Texas games.

I've never seen a Texas game in person, but I bet I can hold a conversation and/or argument with most of the people on this board already about Texas ball.

(although I have seen most of Lukfin's games from last seasonon the internet plus TONS of game highlights and player highlight tapes)

Either way, after bashing Concha like crazy, Tyler Lee better win otherwise we'll all have to deal with his crap even more.

concha
05-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Either way, after bashing Concha like crazy, Tyler Lee better win otherwise we'll all have to deal with his crap even more.

LOL. Moi? ;)

LPanther
05-31-2005, 02:00 PM
Give me an addy and I will check them out.

LP-79,

Try this site.......
http://wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/sportsrush (http://wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/sportsrush/)
Click on Dec. 11 under 2004 shows
Shows an interview with Colerain's coach, and some game video. There may be game video under previously dated shows also.

RockinL
05-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Guys....First off, I am a Texan. I love my Longview Lobos.
Now.......

Concha isnt doing anything that anyone on here is doing....defending his home turf. Does he hit a nerve with me sometimes? Yep....but Im sure the feeling has been mutual.
Ive been going at it with Concha for quite a while. But, what are these boards for? If everybody always agreed, it would be very boring.

And he is defending a pretty good team at that. Colerain put up some unbelieveable numbers last year. While some of you will say..."yeah, but that was in Ohio"....I'll tell ya...Ive been watching HS football for 40 years (and I coached for 6 years) and I have seen it played in 9 different states and I can tell you this, there are very good teams in several states and Colerain Ohio was one of them.
Alot of you werent old enough in the 80's and 90's when some Ohio teams were the talk of the HS football world. Ohio has its share of studs and quality HS football teams. The fact is, Texas has more because of its size.
I saw a 5A team from Mississippi play 3 years ago (Wayne County) that IMO would have smoked 99% of the 5A teams in Texas. I wont even mention the 1999 Evangel Eagles (who destroyed the John Tyler Lions that year).
Does that mean that the Texas teams werent good? Nope. It means that there are teams out there that can hang with Texas and be sucessful.

Those of you who think that Texas has the market cornered on HS athletics need to get out more often. If it did, Texas and Texas A&M would never lose a bowl game. Growing up in Texas doesnt automatically mean a football player will run a 4.4 or bench press 400 lbs.

I have watched as many Ohio HS football clips as I can find. From what Ive seen, when you get much past the Catholic schools (with the exception of Colerain and maybe a handful of other publics), the talent level and size drops off in the public schools.
But, from the clips Ive seen of last years Colerain team, it looked pretty much like most Friday nights in most Texas HS stadiums.

I want Tyler Lee to win. Im as proud of Texas as anyone. Truth is...I think it will be a very close game. I'll go even farther and say that this game will boil down to one thing....conditioning. If both teams come in well conditioned...the game is a toss up.

Here's a question....why cant Colerain be as good as Tyler Lee??????
Be specific without being a straight homer.

dragonsdaddy
05-31-2005, 02:55 PM
does colerain face any teams that run similar offense to lee? can they create a scout team that will give a good representation of tlee? if not, it will be learning on the fly and probably some hard lessons.

concha
05-31-2005, 03:05 PM
does colerain face any teams that run similar offense to lee? can they create a scout team that will give a good representation of tlee? if not, it will be learning on the fly and probably some hard lessons.

Unlikely. Colerain doesn't has enough pass focus to do that. But they face passing teams all the time (ex. Moeller passed nearly every play when they faced Colerain last year). But your point is well taken.

The counter to that is that Colerain's option attack is not something that a scout team could realistically hope to even approach duplicating, unless they are from an option team themselves.

RockinL
05-31-2005, 03:10 PM

The only answer I have to that right now is....

Had Longview faced a team with an offense like Evangel before...?
I can answer that one. NO.
But Longview has beaten them 3 years i a row. They lost to ECA the first year not because they couldnt create a "scout team" like ECA's offense...but because ECA was a better team.

Why do alot of people think that the spread offense is limited to SOME Texas teams?

My point I guess is that, every week teams have to make adjustments on defense. This will be no different.
Hey...Im all for Lee. But Ive been watching this district for many years.
When was the last time Lee faced a predominantly veer option offense?

Im sure Coach Owens and Coach Coombs will do their homework.

supercentex
05-31-2005, 03:22 PM
One thing that could help or be a bad thing for Lee will be traveling to Waco the week before Ohio.

It may prep them for is the speed of the game....but, you usually see Waco take out a few of their players every year. So, could be good or bad.

Waco also runs some option.

raidercheerdad
05-31-2005, 03:25 PM
It's not that Lee has the greatest passing game in the world -- what they do is keep the defense off balance. They do a great job of running at the strength of the defense, coming back w/a counter trap, or running a bootleg throwback! Coach Owens has done a marvelous job of keeping the opposing teams guessing what is coming next!

Favpack
05-31-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm certainly keeping an open mind about Colerain. I've stated earlier I personally think it is a mistake for Lee to go through the exhaustion of getting to Ohio and playing an unknown.

Granted, it's an unknown for both team and it will be GREAT experience for REL - but it will be tough.

My gut feel is REL will provide more speed than Colerain is used to, and Colerain will be much more disciplined than what REL will see week in and week out - plus they'll be on the road.

dragonsdaddy
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
adequately preparing for an offensive scheme means more than just looking at the plays on cards. the option is difficult to run and difficult to defend. it is more reproducible because every rounded offense can run the ball. passing requires skills that may not exist on a team in nearly enough numbers to match what spread offenses do. both teams will be at a disadvantage, but imo, colerain will face a more daunting challenge.

wide-e-wide
05-31-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't see what his watching Texas games has to do with anything.

I've fought with the guy on this site and the other site, but that doesn't mean he isn't credible for not seeing any Texas games.

I've never seen a Texas game in person, but I bet I can hold a conversation and/or argument with most of the people on this board already about Texas ball.

(although I have seen most of Lukfin's games from last seasonon the internet plus TONS of game highlights and player highlight tapes)

Sherriff,
Once you go to one in person...watching it on the internet will no longer
be acceptable. It's like hearing Hendrix on an album compared to actually being at Woodstock.

concha
05-31-2005, 04:43 PM
adequately preparing for an offensive scheme means more than just looking at the plays on cards. the option is difficult to run and difficult to defend. it is more reproducible because every rounded offense can run the ball. passing requires skills that may not exist on a team in nearly enough numbers to match what spread offenses do. both teams will be at a disadvantage, but imo, colerain will face a more daunting challenge.

I think we agree to disagree somewhat here.

Colerain has had success defending against teams that pass for many years. And running the ball is, well, their specialty. Preparing a respectable simulation of a sophisticated option attack over a week is just not going to happen.

Different points of view...

wide-e-wide
05-31-2005, 04:47 PM
If Ohio football is so grand. Wouldn't there be a lot to
talk about on an Ohio message board?
Why are you constantly on the Texas board?
Must not be very popular or interesting...else
you would be on it.

concha
05-31-2005, 04:56 PM
If Ohio football is so grand. Wouldn't there be a lot to
talk about on an Ohio message board?
Why are you constantly on the Texas board?
Must not be very popular or interesting...else
you would be on it.

I have been appointed official ambassador to Texas football sites by the King of Ohio. I could point you to a couple of Ohio high school message boards if you'd like. The one I frequent has over 15,000 registered members.

NewSherriffInTown
05-31-2005, 04:59 PM
I would assume you are right on that one wideman...

I can't wait for Longview/Marshall...

What I need is a Longviewian to buy me a ticket.

RockinL
05-31-2005, 05:08 PM
I would assume you are right on that one wideman...

I can't wait for Longview/Marshall...

What I need is a Longviewian to buy me a ticket.

You have some insight on the Longview/Marshall game?

concha
05-31-2005, 05:09 PM
My gut feel is REL will provide more speed than Colerain is used to,

This wouldn't surprise me at all. Colerain's toughest competitors locally are not necessarily slow, but are not renowned as great speed teams either. Tough o-lines, great balance in terms of talent (usually no glaring weaknesses to attack) and discipline are the strengths.

wide-e-wide
05-31-2005, 05:12 PM
Are they really called Longviewians?
sounds like something off of Star Trek.

pack4life
05-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey concha how does Colerian look to be this year? Like who do they have graduating.. sorry i may be a little late on this but im just looking for a little insite on things.

dragonsdaddy
05-31-2005, 05:20 PM
wouldn't longviewers make more sense. after lp gets through with them they'd be no longerviewers

concha
05-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey concha how does Colerian look to be this year? Like who do they have graduating.. sorry i may be a little late on this but im just looking for a little insite on things.

Defensively, they'll have to rebuild what was a simply unreal d-line from last season. There is one returning d-lineman who has been talked of a transitioning to linebacker, but their linebacker corps will already have 3 returning vets, including at least one D1A quality player. LBer will be the defense's strength. The secondary should be good, but alot will depend on a kid named Eugene Clifford, a DB who may transition to QB (a truly talented athlete). I think the Colerain defense will be more susceptible to the pass
than the run.

Offensively, they lose a hugely talented option QB. They have a history of usually having solid kids at QB, so hopefully they will be able to fill this very big hole. The o-line should be nothing short of excellent, built around one of the country's most sought after linemen. They will have at least one other D1A-quality kid amongst their 3 returning starters. They lose a great fullback, but have at least 2-3 returning RBs who got plenty of PT last year and performed very well. Tops amongst them is Terrance Sherrer, one of Ohio's better 100m sprinters, who gained over 10 (or 11?) yards per carry last year. One of the others is one of the better hurdlers in SW Ohio, so speed should be good running the ball.

QB and the d-line are the biggest question marks. The biggest strengths are the o-line and the LB corps. Plenty of talent at RB also.

PACK '97
05-31-2005, 05:40 PM
wouldn't longviewers make more sense. after lp gets through with them they'd be no longerviewers

that is too funny...hah..hah..hah :D

i do agree though

concha
05-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Concha's debating rules...

1) Always answer a question with a question. [No. It's "Don't answer question from liars and those who will distort anything you say"]

2) Always deflect the topic to anyone other than Concha. [I'll refer to to the above response]

3) Focus on the Stats... and obscure articles.
- Very few of the posters on the page have the time (or the motivation)
to review high school football statistics.

[I should be ashamed for using facts and stats? I should talk out of my tuckus like Frog? BTW, I am happy to show the sources I use in case anyone thinks i am lying ort wisting facts]

4) If all else fails, insult the poster use words like idiot, liar, ..... [Used only if accurate. Have you seen Froggy back up any of his accusations even when challenged? Why, no, you haven't...]

I am sure you will have some sordid response that follows the aforementioned rules, but the simple fact is your argumentative nature does not fly on this board.

I had missed this one.

You should all know that this guy was kicked off of another Texas board and he believes I somehow was responsible. The fact is he was kicked off by the Texan owner of the board who was sick of his crap. But why let facts get in the way when you can blame someone from out-of-state?

dragonsdaddy
05-31-2005, 06:41 PM
imo, getting kicked off the other board is not necessarily a bad thing.

concha
05-31-2005, 06:53 PM
imo, getting kicked off the other board is not necessarily a bad thing.

That is a matter of perspective, of course.

My perpsective is that running your mouth off blaming someone for something they didn't do IS a bad thing. Again, it's that "truth" thing that a couple of guys here seem to have so much difficulty with....

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 07:28 PM
first concha, you can come on this site and try to "spin" some. But, I've seen you on this site and another site (that you go by the same name CONCHA) and basically make your claim to why SLC wasnt this or that last year. You claim they dont play defense and ect without even knowing the types of offense that are run at 75% of the Texas schools today. Which is wide open Spread offensives.

You've made post that refer to so and so Colerain player would of done this or that to SLC , blah blah blah.

One of your last post on another (Texas football website) was how Tyler Lee was going to be outsized pretty easy on the D-line. Wow, all of that from Colerain who has a returning DE's that is a whopping (5-7/182 lbs). You know #45. So, spare me these oversize mismatches ... "OK". Colearins returning starting DE is (5-7/182 lbs).

See, I actually saw Colerain play... and the players !!!!

Next... I watched the 2003 Ohio State title game.. Elder ran the Pro-I for 95% of the game and "ran, ran, ran, ran, ran, ran and than ran." The Lakewood team pretty much ran, ran, ran, ran and ran. Both teams ran the ball 95% of the time. They attempted freaking pathetic passing attempts only when necessary.

Elder ran two formations the whole game.. TWO. Let me say it again- "TWO Formations".

I watched the 2004 Colerain vs Mckinley game. Let me just say. Run first, Run second and run third. Colerain attempted like 5 passing attempts and Mckinley attempted like 12. The sad thing is Mckinley QB couldnt hit the side of a barn. Sorry but that's the brutal truth.

I'm lying ? Ha.. ya right !!!

Now you say that Moeller passes alot. I can tell you right now Moeller aint no Southlake Carroll when it comes to passing buddy and being balanced on offense. In fact there is about 20 teams in Texas that throw and run it better than Moeller.

2004 Stats: Since you're a big stat dude.

Moeller: 2004 ( 13 Games)

Team passing: 3,066 yards passing.... Avg per game: 235 yards
Team rushing: 1,786 yards rushing... Avg per game: 137 yards

Leading passer: 2,806 yards - 24 tds - 15 ints.
Leading rusher: 722 yards - 11 tds - ( 10 games).

QB rushed for : 256 yds. Moeller's QB isnt a dual-threat is he ????
__________________________________________________ __________

2004 SLC stats: ( 16 Games)

Rushing:

A. Luna : 1,619 yards
C.Daniel : 1,400 yards ( dual threat QB Pass/Run)
3,000 yards rushing (Wow).

Passing:

C. Daniel: 4,582 yds -- 48 tds -- 14 ints
__________________________________________________ ______________

2004 Denton Ryan: ( 14 Games)

Rushing:

J. Sawyer : 1,122 yds
J. Willis : 1,089 yds ( Dual-threat QB) Hmmm ??
2,200 yds rushing season.

Passing:

Justin Willis : 2,854 yards -- 32 tds -- 8 ints.

Lufkin stats ( 15 games)

rushing:

J. Lane : 1,963 yds rushing
J.Smallwood: 505 yds rushing (dual-threat QB).
Team rushing: 3,400 yds rushing (team)

Passing:

J. Smallwood : 2,027 yds passing -- 19 tds -- 4 int

Wow, it looks like Texas has some pretty good dual-threat QB's that can both pass and run the ball.

Wow, it looks like Texas has some strong running teams.

I know, you'll fall back on the old faithful, " Texas teams dont play defense."

Last... " I've seen COLERAIN play." I've already told you several times that I thought the 2004 COLERAIN team was good. They would of been right there in the ball game with the top #15 Texas teams. " NO BETTER NO WORSE." I honestly 100% believe that on what I saw on FILM. Not in person but on FILM (DVD).

They remind me the most of the 2004 Midland Lee team. I would of loved to seen them play.

But, it sure looks like Texas has abundance of very athletic dual-threat (run/pass) quarterbacks that run Spread offensives that can both pass it and run it with strong running games doesnt it.

Last... the thing about size. I mean come on dude Colerain starting 2004 De was (5-7/185 lbs) so dont start with the whole size stuff ok. Especially since Tyler Lee's new O-line is going to probably average about (6-1/265) also in the trenches. Trust me I dont think you will be disappointed in the Team size of Tyler Lee when you see them.

I know that Colerain 2004 Offensive line average like (6-1/260). I say welcome to the world of Texas Offensive lines on the 5A level. They all pretty much average around (6-0/250). Some of the bigger O-line's in Texas average around (6-2/265).

Heck, I think Southlake Carrolls's 2004 O-line average around (6-1/265).

So, dont start living this myth about size.

But, the 2004 Moellers stats dont impress me to much for a team that runs the so called Spread offense.

PS. Sense you say that I'm lying and dont back my stats up. They are in the Houston Chronicle, Dallas News, and Moellers came right out of Moellers school web-site. There... go check it out. Than come back and tell me your sorry.

concha
05-31-2005, 07:44 PM
first concha, you can come on this site and try to "spin" some. But, I've seen you on this site and another site (that you go by the same name CONCHA) and basically make your claim to why SLC wasnt this or that last year. You claim they dont play defense and ect without even knowing the types of offense that are run at 75% of the Texas schools today. Which is wide open Spread offensives.

You've made post that refer to so and so Colerain player would of done this or that to SLC , blah blah blah.

One of your last post on another (Texas football website) was how Tyler Lee was going to be outsized pretty easy on the D-line. Wow, all of that from Colerain who has a returning DE's that is a whopping (5-7/182 lbs). You know #45. So, spare me these oversize mismatches ... "OK". Colearins returning starting DE is (5-7/182 lbs).

See, I actually saw Colerain play... and the players !!!!

Next... I watched the 2003 Ohio State title game.. Elder ran the Pro-I for 95% of the game and "ran, ran, ran, ran, ran, ran and than ran." The Lakewood team pretty much ran, ran, ran, ran and ran. Both teams ran the ball 95% of the time. They attempted freaking pathetic passing attempts only when necessary.

Elder ran two formations the whole game.. TWO. Let me say it again- "TWO Formations".

I watched the 2004 Colerain vs Mckinley game. Let me just say. Run first, Run second and run third. Colerain attempted like 5 passing attempts and Mckinley attempted like 12. The sad thing is Mckinley QB couldnt hit the side of a barn. Sorry but that's the brutal truth.

I'm lying ? Ha.. ya right !!!

Now you say that Moeller passes alot. I can tell you right now Moeller aint no Southlake Carroll when it comes to passing buddy and being balanced on offense. In fact there is about 20 teams in Texas that throw and run it better than Moeller.

2004 Stats: Since you're a big stat dude.

Moeller: 2004 ( 13 Games)

Team passing: 3,066 yards passing.... Avg per game: 235 yards
Team rushing: 1,786 yards rushing... Avg per game: 137 yards

Leading passer: 2,806 yards - 24 tds - 15 ints.
Leading rusher: 722 yards - 11 tds - ( 10 games).

QB rushed for : 256 yds. Moeller's QB isnt a dual-threat is he ????
__________________________________________________ __________

2004 SLC stats: ( 16 Games)

Rushing:

A. Luna : 1,619 yards
C.Daniel : 1,400 yards ( dual threat QB Pass/Run)
3,000 yards rushing (Wow).

Passing:

C. Daniel: 4,582 yds -- 48 tds -- 14 ints

2004 Denton Ryan: ( 14 Games)

Rushing:

J. Sawyer : 1,122 yds
J. Willis : 1,089 yds ( Dual-threat QB) Hmmm ??
2,200 yds rushing season.

Passing:

Justin Willis : 2,854 yards -- 32 tds -- 8 ints.

Lufkin stats ( 15 games)

rushing:

J. Lane : 1,963 yds rushing
J.Smallwood: 505 yds rushing (dual-threat QB).
Team rushing: 3,400 yds rushing (team)

Passing:

J. Smallwood : 2,027 yds passing -- 19 tds -- 4 int

Wow, it looks like Texas has some pretty good dual-threat QB's that can both pass and run the ball.

Wow, it looks like Texas has some strong running teams.

I know, you'll fall back on the old faithful, " Texas teams dont play defense."

Last... " I've seen COLERAIN play." I've already told you several times that I thought the 2004 COLERAIN team was good. They would of been right there in the ball game with the top #15 Texas teams. " NO BETTER NO WORSE." I honestly 100% believe that on what I saw on FILM. Not in person but on FILM (DVD).

They remind me the most of the 2004 Midland Lee team. I would of loved to seen them play.

But, it sure looks like Texas has abundance of very athletic dual-threat (run/pass) quarterbacks that run Spread offensives that can both pass it and run it with strong running games doesnt it.

Last... the thing about size. I mean come on dude Colerain starting 2004 De was (5-7/185 lbs) so dont start with the whole size stuff ok. Especially since Tyler Lee's new O-line is going to probably average about (6-1/265) also in the trenches. Trust me I dont think you will be disappointed in the Team size of Tyler Lee when you see them.

I know that Colerain 2004 Offensive line average like (6-1/260). I say welcome to the world of Texas Offensive lines on the 5A level. They all pretty much average around (6-0/250). Some of the bigger O-line's in Texas average around (6-2/265).

Heck, I think Southlake Carrolls's 2004 O-line average around (6-1/265).

So, dont start living this myth about size.

But, the 2004 Moellers stats dont impress me to much for a team that runs the so called Spread offense.

Wonk Wonk Wonk...Wonk WONK Wonk Wonk

I stick by the season stats for just 3 of the top Ohio teams from my hometown. 1/3 to 1/2 passing plays. 40%+ to 60%+ yards from the pass. You can shuck and jive and blah blah blah all you want. Those are facts. SEASON-LONG facts. You are wrong. Eat it. Godd Lord, you say Ohio teams pass 90% of the time and then show stats for Moeller, who passes 2/3 of the time. Well done, master debater...

If you look at the Colerain o-line and the projected REL d-line, there will be a sizeable difference. REL's linebackers are not above average in size, either. Whether or not Colerain replaces the Byrd twins with big kids remains to be seen (they were both 280 or more if memory serves). But they will have veteran LBs, at least one of weighs in at 220 or so.

I am still waiting to see where I have called Texas 2nd class, inferior etc.

farmerfan
05-31-2005, 08:00 PM
I have backed down from these post, and will continue to do so, however guys, Concha has never said anything to put down Texas teams on this board, on the Ohio boards all he has said is how we take football to the extreme, cant say I disagree with him, the only time he has put down Texas is when he questions our desire to education, once again can't say I disagree with him. He is passionate about Ohio, we are passionate about Texas, he believes Colerain could have competed with Carroll, most outside of Texas would agree with that, the Cardinals had a fine team last year, they might not have seen many passing teams, but could have stayed in the game with many Texas teams due to their ability to control the clock. Why keep egging on a discussion that will go no where, he has done nothing to warrant a ban, we ask him how many Texas games he has seen, well how many Ohio games have we seen, the Midwest produces some great foobtall programs and great players. Lets leave it at that, the results of this game will not determine if Ohio is better than Texas, but it will give a state bragging rights. Sometimes we fail to recognize that their are quality football programs outside of Texas, and when we do, things like 2000 happen, West Monroe/Midland Lee. Colerain and Lee should be a great game, and I can't wait for it to happen, so lets leave it at that, and keep a open mind to a outsiders point of view, I for one enjoy the fact that a out of stater will come on this board and offer us his opinion, the guy seems like he knows his stuff regarding issues to the national scene.

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 08:09 PM

I stick by the season stats for just 3 of the top Ohio teams from my hometown. 1/3 to 1/2 passing plays. 40%+ to 60%+ yards from the pass. You can shuck and jive and blah blah blah all you want. Those are facts. SEASON-LONG facts. You are wrong. Eat it. Godd Lord, you say Ohio teams pass 90% of the time and then show stats for Moeller, who passes 2/3 of the time. Well done, master debater...

If you look at the Colerain o-line and the projected REL d-line, there will be a sizeable difference. REL's linebackers are not above average in size, either. Whether or not Colerain replaces the Byrd twins with big kids remains to be seen (they were both 280 or more if memory serves). But they will have veteran LBs, at least one of weighs in at 220 or so.

Wrong again their amigo. Dt- Terrill Byrd (6-0/237)
Dt- Tirdell byrd (5-11/280).

I guess being off by 40 lbs on one player aint bad for your standards.

Second.. Colerain returning DE- (5-7/185 lbs). Look Out !! I did say that he started on last seasons Colerain defensive line didnt I ?

Colerain's returning starting LB's: # 28 (6-0/185) & #33 ( 6-2/206)

Sorry buddy.. a "LB" for Colerain in the (220 lbs) range is antoher figment of your imagination.

Dont worry buddy. I'm sure in your opinion they are the fastest, most skilled and ect in America.

When you started on the other site with the (Size stuff) it just made me laugh. The true fact is Tyler Lee's LB's will probably be bigger and just as fast as Colerain's. That's the true fact.

Tyler Lee's D-line will probably be bigger than Colerain's "overall". I'll tell you this. Tyler Lee's D-line wont be any smaller than Colerains D-line.

True fact is Tyler Lee's O-line will probably be bigger than Colerains O-line on average. You'll see.

I love that on the other site. What did you post. " Conner Smith is going to be pushing Tyler Lee's D-line around or somthing like that." I know I'm probably making lies and distortions up.

I mean , I'll tell you right now amigo. I'll take Tyler Lee's 4 returning D-starters over Colerain 4 returning D-starters. Tyler Lee has a National Blue Chip Junior "FS" Tererrian Cuba ( 6-3/190/4.5) kid that can flat play.

LAST: You touted "MOELLER" as your shining example of an Ohio team that throws the football. Thats great ,,, they throw. We're is the balance ? Moeller QB's doesnt run. He aint a dual-threat type of QB. Where is MOELLER's running game ?

Teams like SLC , Lufkin, Longview, REL and about 10 other strong Texas teams have balanced offensives that RUN/PASS the football. They are alot more "BALANCED" by along shot than MOELLER. Heck it aint even close buddy.

Moeller has no balance.

What Ohio teams have balanced "SPREAD OFFENSIVES ?" Lets see the 2004 Stat sheet to to back it up. Show us the site.

owlfan 1
05-31-2005, 08:09 PM

...you haven't.

IF SLC and Colerain had played last year, I would have paid good money to see it. Personally, I think SLC would have prevailed, but not knowing any more about Colerain than I do, it's hard to say. There was something special about that SLC team last year. They had chances to spit the bit against Abilene, Lufkin and SV, but didn't.

We'll never know.

I will say this: In any given year, there will be several Texas teams that would have to be mentioned among the best in the nation. But, I beleive, the top teams from states like Ohio, Florida, California and Texas would not have a distict advantage over any other; games between them would likely be evenly matched. The biggest difference is that the 2nd and 3rd tier teams in Texas would likely dominate 2nd and 3rd teir teams in other states, and some of them could probably be very competitve with the best of other states. That is, to me, the biggest on the field difference.

Of course, the atmosphere, hoopla and hype surrounding Texas HS football is 2nd to none; no one comes close. I've heard it compared to Indiana basketball. I wish Colerain could come to Texas to play, just to experience what it's like. Probably won't happen; I'm not even saying it should happen. I'm sure the atmosphere in Ohio will be awesome, but it won't be like Texas.

These national games are fun to talk about, but when it's all said and done, no one will concede a thing. I hope we get our fill of these soon. I don't think we need national HS football. Like Dragonsdaddy said, the trophy at the end of the season is what counts - if given a choice, there is not a team in Texas who would trade wins over DeLaSalle and Colerain for a Texas HS football championship...

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 08:18 PM
Wrong again their amigo. Dt- Terrill Byrd (6-0/237)
Dt- Tirdell byrd (5-11/280).

I guess being off by 40 lbs on one player aint bad for your standards.

Second.. Colerain returning DE- (5-7/185 lbs). Look Out !! I did say that he started on last seasons Colerain defensive line didnt I ?

Colerain's returning starting LB's: # 28 (6-0/185) & #33 ( 6-2/206)

Sorry buddy.. a "LB" for Colerain in the (240 lbs) range is antoher figment of your imagination.

Dont worry buddy. I'm sure in your opinion they are the fastest, most skilled and ect in America.

When you started on the other site with the (Size stuff) it just made me laugh. The true fact is Tyler Lee's LB's will probably be bigger and just as fast as Colerain's. That's the true fact.

Tyler Lee's D-line will probably be bigger than Colerain's "overall". I'll tell you this. Tyler Lee's D-line wont be any smaller than Colerains D-line.

True fact is Tyler Lee's O-line will probably be bigger than Colerains O-line on average. You'll see.

I love that on the other site. What did you post. " Conner Smith is going to be pushing Tyler Lee's D-line around or somthing like that." I know I'm probably making lies and distortions up.

I mean , I'll tell you right now amigo. I'll take Tyler Lee's 4 returning D-starters over Colerain 4 returning D-starters. Tyler Lee has a National Blue Chip Junior "FS" Tererrian Cuba ( 6-3/190/4.5) kid that can flat play.

LAST: You touted "MOELLER" as your shining example of an Ohio team that throws the football. Thats great ,,, they throw. We're is the balance ? Moeller QB's doesnt run. He aint a dual-threat type of QB. Where is MOELLER's running game ?

Teams like SLC , Lufkin, Longview, REL and about 10 other strong Texas teams have balanced offensives that RUN/PASS the football. They are alot more "BALANCED" by along shot than MOELLER. Heck it aint even close buddy.

Moeller has no balance.

What Ohio teams have balanced "SPREAD OFFENSIVES ?" Lets see the 2004 Stat sheet to to back it up. Show us the site.

See this is what I love about you CONCHA. You make a statment that Tyler Lee's LB's arent above average in size. Like you want to stress a point. Hmmmm.

lets see. Tyler Lee's projected 2 starting LB's

Matt Uzell -- ( 6-0/200)
Mike Wahl -- ( 6-2/210)

Colerain 2 returning LB's.

T. Moeller -- (6-0/185)
C. Mixon -- (6-2/206).

Hmmmm.. and your point to Tyler Lee's LB's not being big is what ????? Just wondering ? I mean if anything it pretty much a tie in the LB's size.

RockinL
05-31-2005, 08:30 PM

Concha,
Size does not always translate into wins.
In high school....speed means more most of the time.

concha
05-31-2005, 08:32 PM
{Sigh}

I'll address the rest later. but Terrill Byrd is listed as 278 on the 2004 Colerain roster and as high as 287 and 290 by other sources.

I think you need glasses. The "3" in your "237" was an "8". God, I'm just LMAO at you..... You're priceless.

Cobrani Mixon (LB) is listed at 220 by Rivals.....

Where did you get me saying 240 for a Colerain LB? Another lie/exaggeration?

dragonsdaddy
05-31-2005, 08:37 PM
as a master in self-congratulation, you are probably in a class by yourself. you are really easy to please.

wide-e-wide
05-31-2005, 08:46 PM
I was too...when I was 20.

concha
05-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Who was congratulating themselves? :confused:

concha
05-31-2005, 08:56 PM

Moeller has no balance.

As usual, when did I do this?

YOU spouted off about about Ohio teams running 90% of the time (I can quote you if you like, LOL).

I simply showed three quick and easy examples of how wrong you are. Now the story changes. Now your story is about how pass heavy ONE team is.

C'mon man. Which is it? Get your crap straight. Do Ohio teams run 90% of the time or pass too much?

BTW, for 2004 Moeller had 370 rushes and 371 pass attempts. If you can find me a Texas team more balanced in its play selection than that I'll buy you...well, nothing, because I have zero respect for you.

You're turning into a punching bag.

wide-e-wide
05-31-2005, 09:01 PM
KT c'mon man. If I went on and on about nonsense
every day you would ban my (bleep) before I could
say don't do it. Your site has been infiltrated and it's
being reduced to little more than a sewing circle.
When will the drama stop? We ....yes ....WE.... beg of
you....step in and put a stop to the constant bickering over
meaningless stats. I feel like I'm on a women's website.

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 09:07 PM
{Sigh}

I'll address the rest later. but Terrill Byrd is listed as 278 on the 2004 Colerain roster and as high as 287 and 290 by other sources.

I think you need glasses. The "3" in your "237" was an "8". God, I'm just LMAO at you..... You're priceless.

Cobrani Mixon (LB) is listed at 220 by Rivals.....

Where did you get me saying 240 for a Colerain LB? Another lie/exaggeration?

You know what amigo. I get the Ht/size right off their schools web-site. So, if you want to argue with someone. Go argue with Colerain. Whenever I watch teams ( I actually watch teams from other States) before I submit an opinion on them. I go to the schools web-site and print out rosters.

Next.. You make a pointless statement about Tylers Lee "LB's" not being very big. I mean they average (6-1/205).

Wow, I guess Colerains LB's are bonified national blue-chips with size, lets look.. Wow, they are both listed roughly the same size as Tyler Lee's LB. Colerain LB's average (6-1/200).

So, what is your point about Tyler Lee's "LB's" not being big ????? This is just another example of pointless statement that you make about size, speed and ect. It just shows again that you know "NOTHING" about Texas High school football.

PS. I love the touch.. I mean you crying to everyone " this guy was kicked off another Texas board." I hope the Colerain kids dont cry like that.

Again for 101st time.. I'll state it so you can understand it. "COLERAIN GOOD", "COLERAIN GOOOOOOD." The 2004 Colerain team "GOOOOOD."

Do I think the 2004 Colerain team was this great unstoppable pure majic and dynamite "once in a lifetime" high school team. "NOPE." Not from what I saw. They would be right there with the top Texas #15 teams in ability, skill, coaching and ect..

Chief Wahoo
05-31-2005, 09:22 PM
And he is defending a pretty good team at that. Colerain put up some unbelieveable numbers last year. While some of you will say..."yeah, but that was in Ohio"....I'll tell ya...Ive been watching HS football for 40 years (and I coached for 6 years) and I have seen it played in 9 different states and I can tell you this, there are very good teams in several states and Colerain Ohio was one of them...........Alot of you werent old enough in the 80's and 90's when some Ohio teams were the talk of the HS football world. Ohio has its share of studs and quality HS football teams.

Very well thought out and presented there RockinL. I particularly remember those great teams from Cincinnati Moeller during the late 70s or early to mid 80s. I have a friend that graduated from Moeller and we were talking at an Abilene game last year. We were talking about Abilene's D as they were rather good last year. He was telling me about Moeller's D one year that allowed a ridiculously puny amount of points one season- something like 50 points with about 9-10 shutouts. They were crowned national champs (Geez I hate that "title") an achievement they have done a few times. You might remember their coach (Gerry Faust) was hired to coach Notre Dame and was a total bust. I wish I could get those stats from that season somewhere. :cool:

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 09:31 PM
As usual, when did I do this?

YOU spouted off about about Ohio teams running 90% of the time (I can quote you if you like, LOL).

I simply showed three quick and easy examples of how wrong you are. Now the story changes. Now your story is about how pass heavy ONE team is.

C'mon man. Which is it? Get your crap straight. Do Ohio teams run 90% of the time or pass too much?

BTW, for 2004 Moeller had 370 rushes and 371 pass attempts. If you can find me a Texas team more balanced in its play selection than that I'll buy you...well, nothing, because I have zero respect for you.

You're turning into a punching bag.

Rushing:
Denton Ryans: Jaiston Sawyer - 147 att - 1,122 yds - 18 tds
Justin Willis - 233 att- 1,089 yds- 13 tds

Passing:
Justin Willis - 224 com - 374 att - 2,854 yds - 32 tds

I dont know about you but in my world thats pretty balanced. You can go check it out right in the Dallas News.

Soutlake Carroll:

Rushing
Aaron Luna : 195 att - 1,619 yds - 18 tds
C. Daniel : 247 att - 1,400 yds - 21 tds

Passing
C. Daniel : 457 att- 298 - 14 int - 4,582 yd - 48 tds

I know its not exact but its pretty close for balance.

My point is Texas has "dual-threat" QB that can run it and pass it. They have strong running backs that can tote it.

These dual-threat QB's in High school are tough to stop. They can throw it and if it aint there they turn into tough RB's.

Was Moeller's QB a "Dual-threat" ? NOPE.

PS. Still waiting to see you answer a few questions ?

1. Did you see SLC, Abilene, Lufkin, Longview play in 2004 ?
2. Why do you make it sound like Colerains LB's are bigger than REL ?
3. Is Moellers QB a "dual-threat" QB ? That means an equal passer & runner.

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Also Concha buddy. You said you posted 3 hometown Ohio teams that run it and throw it equally? I saw alot %%%%% this and %%%% that but I guess I missed the names of those teams. What is the name of the 3 teams ? I would like to see them buddy.

I'm sure that all three of them are like Ohio #15 powers. I still stand by the Ohio games that I've seen on DVD. Those teams ran, ran and ran. They ran the ball 90% of the time and more.

Just so you know. I'm getting ready to watch the 2003 Ohio Semi-final: St.Iggy vs Mentor. I'll break it down for ya. Then you can tell everyone again how I'm feeled with lies and distortions.

Once more buddy. 2004 Colerain team... very GOOD. GOOOOD.

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 10:10 PM

What are those 3 home town teams ? heck, I can show you some Texas 1A and 2A teams that have great balanced offensives. Who are those 3 hometown Ohio teams ?

Wong, wong, wong, whatever purpose that serves.

concha
05-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Very well thought out and presented there RockinL. I particularly remember those great teams from Cincinnati Moeller during the late 70s or early to mid 80s. I have a friend that graduated from Moeller and we were talking at an Abilene game last year. We were talking about Abilene's D as they were rather good last year. He was telling me about Moeller's D one year that allowed a ridiculously puny amount of points one season- something like 50 points with about 9-10 shutouts. They were crowned national champs (Geez I hate that "title") an achievement they have done a few times. You might remember their coach (Gerry Faust) was hired to coach Notre Dame and was a total bust. I wish I could get those stats from that season somewhere. :cool:

Check out "Moeller Gridiron" on Google. If you need help beyond that, let me know. I watched some of those teams in person. Wow.

concha
05-31-2005, 10:29 PM
What are those 3 home town teams ? heck, I can show you some Texas 1A and 2A teams that have great balanced offensives. Who are those 3 hometown Ohio teams ?

Wong, wong, wong, whatever purpose that serves.

It's "Wonk" with a "k".

And look up the teams for yourself. You ignore them, their season stats etc etc until they make you look like the fool you are.

concha
05-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Also Concha buddy. You said you posted 3 hometown Ohio teams that run it and throw it equally? I saw alot %%%%% this and %%%% that but I guess I missed the names of those teams. What is the name of the 3 teams ? I would like to see them buddy.

I'm sure that all three of them are like Ohio #15 powers. I still stand by the Ohio games that I've seen on DVD. Those teams ran, ran and ran. They ran the ball 90% of the time and more.

Just so you know. I'm getting ready to watch the 2003 Ohio Semi-final: St.Iggy vs Mentor. I'll break it down for ya. Then you can tell everyone again how I'm feeled with lies and distortions.

Once more buddy. 2004 Colerain team... very GOOD. GOOOOD.

I'll throw you a bone, though if you were the football genius you seem to think you are, you wouldn't need it:

E-L-D-E-R

ST-X-A-V-I-E-R

M-O-E-L-L-E-R

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 10:33 PM
Defensively, they'll have to rebuild what was a simply unreal d-line from last season. There is one returning d-lineman who has been talked of a transitioning to linebacker, but their linebacker corps will already have 3 returning vets, including at least one D1A quality player. LBer will be the defense's strength. The secondary should be good, but alot will depend on a kid named Eugene Clifford, a DB who may transition to QB (a truly talented athlete). I think the Colerain defense will be more susceptible to the pass
than the run.

Offensively, they lose a hugely talented option QB. They have a history of usually having solid kids at QB, so hopefully they will be able to fill this very big hole. The o-line should be nothing short of excellent, built around one of the country's most sought after linemen. They will have at least one other D1A-quality kid amongst their 3 returning starters. They lose a great fullback, but have at least 2-3 returning RBs who got plenty of PT last year and performed very well. Tops amongst them is Terrance Sherrer, one of Ohio's better 100m sprinters, who gained over 10 (or 11?) yards per carry last year. One of the others is one of the better hurdlers in SW Ohio, so speed should be good running the ball.

QB and the d-line are the biggest question marks. The biggest strengths are the o-line and the LB corps. Plenty of talent at RB also.

Hey buddy its me again, Sorry. I'm just trying to figure out where Colerain has 3 returning VETS at the LB's position ? I mean I know they have 2 starters coming back,, maybe there is a 3rd kid that got some PT last year that I didnt see him play in the Ohio Title game.

2004 Colerain defense Starters:

DL- C. Dixon ( 5-7/182 lbs) - JR.
DL- T. Byrd
DL- T. Byrd
Lb- A. Revels
Lb- L. Williams
LB- T. Moeller (6-0/185) - JR.
LB- C. Mixon (6-2/206) - Jr.
DB- J. Moore
Db- B. Coombs
Db- B. Edwards
Db- E. Clifford - Somp.

Heck, here is the offensive starters:

QB- D. Goodman
Rb- M. Simpson
Rb- T. sherrer - (5-10/190) jr.
Rb- D. Magness
X - K. Lumpkin - (5-9/170) Jr
Te- J. Hamilton
OL- C. Smith - (6-5/280) Jr.
OL- V. Forcellini
OL- E. Ornella - (6-3/280) Jr.
Ol- B. Zoz
Ol- B. Shelton

That's who I saw playing in 90% of the Colerain vs Mckinley game. I know the last couple of minutes Coach Coombs started putting some reserves in the game during trash time.

concha
05-31-2005, 10:36 PM
Rushing:
Denton Ryans: Jaiston Sawyer - 147 att - 1,122 yds - 18 tds
Justin Willis - 233 att- 1,089 yds- 13 tds

Passing:
Justin Willis - 224 com - 374 att - 2,854 yds - 32 tds

I dont know about you but in my world thats pretty balanced. You can go check it out right in the Dallas News.

Soutlake Carroll:

Rushing
Aaron Luna : 195 att - 1,619 yds - 18 tds
C. Daniel : 247 att - 1,400 yds - 21 tds

Passing
C. Daniel : 457 att- 298 - 14 int - 4,582 yd - 48 tds

I know its not exact but its pretty close for balance.

My point is Texas has "dual-threat" QB that can run it and pass it. They have strong running backs that can tote it.

These dual-threat QB's in High school are tough to stop. They can throw it and if it aint there they turn into tough RB's.

Was Moeller's QB a "Dual-threat" ? NOPE.

PS. Still waiting to see you answer a few questions ?

1. Did you see SLC, Abilene, Lufkin, Longview play in 2004 ?
2. Why do you make it sound like Colerains LB's are bigger than REL ?
3. Is Moellers QB a "dual-threat" QB ? That means an equal passer & runner.

Yawn.

I don't remember making any claims about Moeller 2004 being this, that or the other thing over SLC, or Ryan....

Your sad paranoia has passed from comical to "This guy needs professional help".

Get a point. Get a life.

OK,
PunchingBagFroggy?

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 10:38 PM
I'll throw you a bone, though if you were the football genius you seem to think you are, you wouldn't need it:

E-L-D-E-R

ST-X-A-V-I-E-R

M-O-E-L-L-E-R

Wow, if Elder threw the ball alot in 2004 its because they totally changed their offense from the 2003 & 2002 team that ran it 90% of the time.

I'll check it out.

Also, you dared me to find some Texas teams that were pretty much even with the run/pass att. Hopefully you saw that Denton Ryan and SLC were pretty even in rushing and passing attempts. Dang huh .

PS. Let me ask you Concha. Would you consider St. Xavier, Moeller or Elder's QB's dual-threat stlye QB's ? Just wondering.

concha
05-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Hey buddy its me again, Sorry. I'm just trying to figure out where Colerain has 3 returning VETS at the LB's position ? I mean I know they have 2 starters coming back,, maybe there is a 3rd kid that got some PT last year that I didnt see him play in the Ohio Title game.

2004 Colerain defense Starters:

DL- C. Dixon ( 5-7/182 lbs) - JR.
DL- T. Byrd
DL- T. Byrd
Lb- A. Revels
Lb- L. Williams
LB- T. Moeller (6-0/185) - JR.
LB- C. Mixon (6-2/206) - Jr.
DB- J. Moore
Db- B. Coombs
Db- B. Edwards
Db- E. Clifford - Somp.

Heck, here is the offensive starters:

QB- D. Goodman
Rb- M. Simpson
Rb- T. sherrer - (5-10/190) jr.
Rb- D. Magness
X - K. Lumpkin - (5-9/170) Jr
Te- J. Hamilton
OL- C. Smith - (6-5/280) Jr.
OL- V. Forcellini
OL- E. Ornella - (6-3/280) Jr.
Ol- B. Zoz
Ol- B. Shelton

That's who I saw playing in 90% of the Colerain vs Mckinley game. I know the last couple of minutes Coach Coombs started putting some reserves in the game during trash time.

Oh Lord.

You're now down to trying to call me on whether its 2 or 3 returning vets at LB? Wow. If you catch me on this one it'll justify your existence!!!

I think I'll get in touch with Honor & Glory, a well-known Colerain poster. He's not nearly the gentleman I am. What a field day he'd have with you. LMAO!!!!!!

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Yawn.

I don't remember making any claims about Moeller 2004 being this, that or the other thing over SLC, or Ryan....

Your sad paranoia has passed from comical to "This guy needs professional help".

Get a point. Get a life.

OK,
PunchingBagFroggy?

No there "Mr. Spin". You said that you dare me to find Texas teams that were as evenly balanced on their passing and running attempts as Moeller.

I showed you two: SLC and Denton Ryan. I can show you about 15 more if you like.

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh Lord.

You're now down to trying to call me on whether its 2 or 3 returning vets at LB? Wow. If you catch me on this one it'll justify your existence!!!

I think I'll get in touch with Honor & Glory, a well-known Colerain poster. He's not nearly the gentleman I am. What a field day he'd have with you. LMAO!!!!!!

Wow, oh my dont scare me please :eek: . Not ole Honor & Glory. Not him please NOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

Amigo.. I'm just showing you was on the starting roster for Colerain for the 2004 Ohio State title game. Those are 100% the kids that started the game for Colerain.

Honor & Glory.. I'm going to have nightmares now. I cant go to sleep. :(

PS. Go back and read the part where I said there may of been a Colerain LB that came in late in that game and got trash time.

concha
05-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Wow, if Elder threw the ball alot in 2004 its because they totally changed their offense from the 2003 & 2002 team that ran it 90% of the time.

I'll check it out.

Also, you dared me to find some Texas teams that were pretty much even with the run/pass att. Hopefully you saw that Denton Ryan and SLC were pretty even in rushing and passing attempts. Dang huh .

PS. Let me ask you Concha. Would you consider St. Xavier, Moeller or Elder's QB's dual-threat stlye QB's ? Just wondering.

No, Numbnuts.

I asked you to find a Texas team that had more balanced play calling than 371 to 370 pass to rush. Like Moeller, who according to you is really pass heavy....

God Bless You, BTW.

You are living proof that weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

wide-e-wide
05-31-2005, 10:46 PM
Oh that did it.
Congratulations...you just got banned.
You are the weakest link......goodbye.

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 10:48 PM
No, Numbnuts.

I asked you to find a Texas team that had more balanced play calling than 371 to 370 pass to rush. Like Moeller, who according to you is really pass heavy....

God Bless You, BTW.

You are living proof that weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

Let's see.. Balanced play calling,,,, Pass & Run attempts. Looks to me like one is the other doesnt it buddy ? Arent they kind of the same thing amigo ?

Not everyone of those Moeller running plays started out as a run play. I assume you realize that dont you ? Its called QB scrample.

PS. If your getting old "Honor and Glory" , I'm going to go get "Blood & Guts".

concha
05-31-2005, 10:49 PM
No there "Mr. Spin". You said that you dare me to find Texas teams that were as evenly balanced on their passing and running attempts as Moeller.

I showed you two: SLC and Denton Ryan. I can show you about 15 more if you like.

They can beat 370/371 run to pass?

REALLY?

If I'm ever in Miami anytime soon and see a guy with big floppy shoes and a big red nose that honks, I'll be sure to say "Hello", Froggy.

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 11:07 PM
They can beat 370/371 run to pass?

REALLY?

If I'm ever in Miami anytime soon and see a guy with big floppy shoes and a big red nose that honks, I'll be sure to say "Hello", Froggy.

Lets see....

Luna & Daniels rushing attempts : 442 att.
Daniels passing att. : 457 att.

Like I said before there. Not all the rushing attempts started out as rushes. They were pass attempts that broke down. Just like for Moe.

Sawyer & Willis rushing attempts: 380 att.
Willis passing att. : 374 att.

Sorry buddy, that looks pretty balanced to me.

Those were the "starters" that played during major game time and the ratio of run/pass when the game was on the line.

I do have big floppy shoes. How did you know that ? I dont have a red nose though. Heck I dont even think I have a big nose at all.

farmerfan
05-31-2005, 11:23 PM
Please for the love of God, lets agree to disagree or just give it up, Dang never thought me and wide e would agree, at this time i feel like going out to the bar and just getting hammered so I dont have to remember this big waste of time i have spent reading this crap.
Colerain is a great football program, Ohio is a great football state, I will go out on a limb and say yes Colerain would have been a top 5 Texas team last year, froggy for the love of God, do not engage in this type of banter till at least September, then we can all get on this and get serious about it. Discussing this is like discussing who won the Vietnam Conflict, it will never be deicided and nothing is desicive, lets all move on, please.

wide-e-wide
05-31-2005, 11:31 PM
Did somebody say something about going to a bar and getting hammered?

And I will have to follow up our agreement with an immediate DIS-agreement.
It was a war....not a conflict...ask anybody that was there.
I would call what these two are having a conflict.
but 58,000 dead Americans is not a conflict ...that is a war.

farmerfan
05-31-2005, 11:35 PM
wide
I realize that it was a War, being a History major, I cant call it a war due to the US never declaring war, or the Vietnamese never declaring war on the US. However 58,000 dead due to the French lack luster of a performance to maintain a possesion or just in that matter give it up, is sad in its own, once again why France should never cease to exisit as a country in this world.

Texasfrog
05-31-2005, 11:55 PM
wide
I realize that it was a War, being a History major, I cant call it a war due to the US never declaring war, or the Vietnamese never declaring war on the US. However 58,000 dead due to the French lack luster of a performance to maintain a possesion or just in that matter give it up, is sad in its own, once again why France should never cease to exisit as a country in this world.

I do agree that the French shouldnt be allowed to exist as a counry. But, when bullets are flying over your butt its called WAR.

When you reading about it in the history books its called "conflict". When your spitting the mud out of your mouth and hearing that wezzing of bullets over "YOUR" head its called WAR.

NewSherriffInTown
05-31-2005, 11:56 PM
I don't know how much history and politics we should be talking besides who won football games in the past and what the UIL does wrong, but I agree that it was a WAR.

Texasfrog
06-01-2005, 12:04 AM

E-L-D-E-R

ST-X-A-V-I-E-R

M-O-E-L-L-E-R

Ok buddy. Since I'm filled with lies , distortions and untruths and so forth and so on.. I went to the GREATER CATHOLIC LEAGUE (GCL) web-site and checked out some stats:

This is after 10 games of the 2004 season:

2004 ELDER:

rushing: 342 att. -- 1459 yds -- 26 tds
passing: 229/127 -- 1738 yds -- 15 tds - 7 ints.

2004 St. Xavier:

rushing: 408 att. -- 1869 yds -- 26 tds
passing: 178/89 -- 1388 yds -- 14 tds -- 6 ints.

2004 Moeller:

rushing: 302 att. -- 1462 yds -- 21 tds
passing: 325/202 -- 2714 yds -- 27 tds -- 13 ints.

Are those stats wrong Concha ? Just wondering since I'm filled with lies and distortions.

PS. Elder did throw it a little more in 2004. I think its more to do with they had a QB- Carey that they thought could throw it some.

St. Xavier is NO WHERE near a balanced team that you try to claim.

Moeller is the most balanced. Even though I can tell you there no where near SLC or even Denton Ryans skill just by looking at those stats. Denton Ryan had two - 1,000 yds rushers and a QB (Justin Willis) had about 2400 yds passing after 10 games with alot better Td/int ratio.

farmerfan
06-01-2005, 12:28 AM
For you guys I totally understand calling it a war, it indeed was a war, I firmly believe that, however calling it a war is something you can't do in the classroom, I know its not a classroom but its just second nature now, Im so used to having to refer to it as a conflict that if I called it a war, that takes away a lot of credibility in the classroom as well as a major loss of points. This coming from a class taugh by a prof who faught in the war, and had a read a book by George Herring called Americas Longest War, where his thesis was about the war being on the homefront more than abroad. Just shows you the political emphasis that exists in the college classroom today. That said, lets please just give this convo on this football game up, all we have read is the spatting off of stats, what Team A did in this state compared to what Team B did in the other state. Frog, man I love your passion, however you have said on numerous times that you would let Tyler Lee do the talking on the field, keep to your word and lets not discuss this issue till september, there are many things going on in this state that call for our dicussion other than a interstate matchup, however it has gotten to the point of a obession compulsive nature that where we all will need counselig in the not to distant future.

KT2000
06-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Guys, how many times can we rehash the same points (and branch into politics??? Dang, I knew yall were good but geez) on x number of threads? Agree to disagree and move on...if that's not too much to ask. The board has been cluttered with concha-vs-everyone debate lately and it's pretty old. If you don't like what someone posts then either ignore or don't reply and they usually go away eventually.