PDA

View Full Version : Official Forum Dictionary

garlandowl08
11-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Come here to post words that you notice people commonly misspell. I'm not talking about people spelling "the" "teh", but actual misspellings, like:

Defense, not Defence

Rowlett, not Rowlette

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 09:12 PM
People use the term "loser" when it's really spelled l-o-n-g-v-i-e-w. I see that here and there..

This could really turn into and interesting thread.. Until someobody gets all butt hurt and starts yapping about how this is a football board and not a spelling bee.

Bye. Meaning an "off" week. I see it spelled bi, by, bei, and buy.

According to Webster: Bye 1: a run made on a pass in the game of cricket.
2: in sports tournaments in which competitors are paired, the position of the odd man, who advances automatically to the next round without having to play. 3: some golf term that nobody should care about as golf really is gay.

wide-e-wide
11-15-2005, 09:14 PM
aggy...people are constantly spelling that wrong.

also

"feal"
"tomaroew"

and

who could forget ..... "unlogical"

dragons08
11-15-2005, 09:52 PM
id have at least 50023452423 pages full of words i misspell..

cougardude
11-15-2005, 10:36 PM
I can't remember if it's been on this site or thelittleswc site that someone was always misspelling Permian - Permain. I read one post where it was wrong at least five times in the same post! ;)

dragons08
11-15-2005, 10:38 PM
I can't remember if it's been on this site or thelittleswc site that someone was always misspelling Permian - Permain. I read one post where it was wrong at least five times in the same post! ;)
that reminds me...

Southlake is one word..

Carroll has 2 r's and 2 l's

and for the "draronfan" dragon is spelled with a G!!!

speaking of draronfan, hed fill up more pages than me! :eek:

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 10:41 PM
D08, what lake is it actually "south" of?

dragons08
11-15-2005, 10:42 PM
D08, what lake is it actually "south" of?
lake grapevine i think

lonny23
11-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Grammar, not grammer (Although he is an actor!)
********, or maybe it was just Dragons08!

I'll come up with more later on. I see the stuff all the time.

dragons08
11-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Grammar, not grammer (Although he is an actor!)
********, or maybe it was just Dragons08!

I'll come up with more later on. I see the stuff all the time.
howd i know lonny would do that ****** thing to me..?

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 10:54 PM
D08, you live there and you don't even know what lake you are south of? How's that work? Have you not lived there long?

dragons08
11-15-2005, 10:55 PM
D08, you live there and you don't even know what lake you are south of? How's that work? Have you not lived there long?
3 years roughly

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 10:59 PM
3 years roughly

Good God boy. When I was 3 years old I knew the major lakes of the Shreveport area... And I wasn't south of either of them.. I was roughly 10 miles north of Cross lake and about 20 miles Southeast of Caddo Lake.

Do you not go to the lake? Is it a dirty lake? Does it have its own LochNess Monster? Do people fish or swim in it? Or is it scummy like everything else in DFW?

lonny23
11-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Good God boy. When I was 3 years old I knew the major lakes of the Shreveport area... And I wasn't south of either of them.. I was roughly 10 miles north of Cross lake and about 20 miles Southeast of Caddo Lake.

Do you not go to the lake? Is it a dirty lake? Does it have its own LochNess Monster? Do people fish or swim in it? Or is it scummy like everything else in DFW?
It's Grapevine Lake.

lonny23
11-15-2005, 11:03 PM
howd i know lonny would do that ****** thing to me..?
It was fresh on my mind. I was trying to think of some of the other words I've seen lately.

wide-e-wide
11-15-2005, 11:03 PM

It is surrounded by Hummers and is gold-plated.

dragons08
11-15-2005, 11:06 PM

ive been to lake grapevine numerous times, jet skied, pontooning, tubing, just gone there to swim, paintballed there, my friend lives right outside the army core of enginer property so we can walk down to the lake from his house, its pretty sweet

dragons08
11-15-2005, 11:07 PM
It was fresh on my mind. I was trying to think of some of the other words I've seen lately.
go to Dragons08

click see all posts

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Paintball is kool.. PaintCan is better. To do that, you get yourself a can of some cheap spraypaint.. Paint some walls with half of it, then shake it real good. Tell your friend: "Hold this for a second". You walk over, grab a bbgun and then shoot the can while he/she (politically correct as always) is holding it and the fun begins...

dragons08
11-15-2005, 11:10 PM
It is surrounded by Hummers and is gold-plated.
hummers..theres a lot more expiditions, navigators, and beamers (bmw's)

dragons08
11-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Paintball is kool.. PaintCan is better. To do that, you get yourself a can of some cheap spraypaint.. Paint some walls with half of it, then shake it real good. Tell your friend: "Hold this for a second". You walk over, grab a bbgun and then shoot the can while he/she (politically correct as always) is holding it and the fun begins...
hmm, its like shooting fireworks at eachother? blowing dry ice bombs in your hand, holy crap that hurt......

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Expedition...

dragons08
11-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Expedition...
did i just spell that wrong?

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 11:12 PM
hmm, its like shooting fireworks at eachother? blowing dry ice bombs in your hand, holy crap that hurt......

I forgot you like big boom...

I learned PaintCan when I was about 11. My brother taught me..

dragons08
11-15-2005, 11:15 PM
I forgot you like big boom...

I learned PaintCan when I was about 11. My brother taught me..
yea i like explosive stuff..but no more dry ice stuff, at least not at my friends house any more, his parents found out somebody got arrested for doing it in georiga..

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 11:21 PM
yea i like explosive stuff..but no more dry ice stuff, at least not at my friends house any more, his parents found out somebody got arrested for doing it in georiga..

If you can every get your hands on pure sodium..Get you a chunk of it about the size or your fist.. Go to the lake you are south of. Toss it.. And I mean toss it way way way way way away from yourself and those you care about..
When you first get it, do know that there is a very good reason it is encased in oil. It's very volitile... It seems to have a problem with water.. In our air, there is humidity, water..haha..

dragons08
11-15-2005, 11:24 PM
If you can every get your hands on pure sodium..Get you a chunk of it about the size or your fist.. Go to the lake you are south of. Toss it.. And I mean toss it way way way way way away from yourself and those you care about..
When you first get it, do know that there is a very good reason it is encased in oil. It's very volitile... It seems to have a problem with water.. In our air, there is humidity, water..haha..
where would one go about getting this pure sodium you speak of?

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 11:30 PM
where would one go about getting this pure sodium you speak of?

The chemistry lab is always a good place...haha..Other than that, I don't know. Shortly after we did that, I got into some trouble and it would have been university stupid for me to blow anything up.
Then, I discovered black powder and it all over..haha..

Have you seen those tiny little firecrackers that blow up underwater? If so, I highly recommend you not toss one in the toilet while somebody is using it.
True story. We replaced the commode in the downstair john at the farm. 4 days later my brother (a junkie) is over and was using it. I fling the door open and toss a lit one in the commode. It blew up, blew pisswater all over my brother.. And also, blew a hole the size of a head of lettuce in the side of it.
We were lighting them and dropping them in a pop bottle full all day and it would just blow most of the water out of the top of it. I dont exactly know why it did that to the commode. But we didnt try it again in any of the other bathrooms...

dragons08
11-15-2005, 11:32 PM
The chemistry lab is always a good place...haha..Other than that, I don't know. Shortly after we did that, I got into some trouble and it would have been university stupid for me to blow anything up.
Then, I discovered black powder and it all over..haha..

Have you seen those tiny little firecrackers that blow up underwater? If so, I highly recommend you not toss one in the toilet while somebody is using it.
True story. We replaced the commode in the downstair john at the farm. 4 days later my brother (a junkie) is over and was using it. I fling the door open and toss a lit one in the commode. It blew up, blew pisswater all over my brother.. And also, blew a hole the size of a head of lettuce in the side of it.
We were lighting them and dropping them in a pop bottle full all day and it would just blow most of the water out of the top of it. I dont exactly know why it did that to the commode. But we didnt try it again in any of the other bathrooms...
can i have your phone number please, so when i get in trouble i can blame you! :D

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 11:36 PM
can i have your phone number please, so when i get in trouble i can blame you! :D

No, you may not..

There used to be a little item on the web called the Anarchy cookbook.. Not to be confused with the Anarchists cookbook.. Most of the things are pretty stupid and really not a good idea to try. But the one about the strike anywhere match-head carefully stuffed into a tennis ball was great.

haha.. I'll be reading the paper next week. Headline: SLC boy destorys Grapevine lake with pure sodium, puts holes in commodes at SLC school, and tosses a tennisball at a BMW.. BMW still unaccounted for.

I'm going to bed. Stay out of trouble.. Or at least dont get caught.

dragons08
11-15-2005, 11:39 PM
No, you may not..

There used to be a little item on the web called the Anarchy cookbook.. Not to be confused with the Anarchists cookbook.. Most of the things are pretty stupid and really not a good idea to try. But the one about the strike anywhere match-head carefully stuffed into a tennis ball was great.

haha.. I'll be reading the paper next week. Headline: SLC boy destorys Grapevine lake with pure sodium, puts holes in commodes at SLC school, and tosses a tennisball at a BMW.. BMW still unaccounted for.

hahaha, yea thats where we first discovered the dry ice thing..its a school night i wont do anything bad, im in band how can i be a bad kid? :D

lonny23
11-16-2005, 06:08 AM
Georgia (The state, name, and country!)

lonny23
11-16-2005, 06:11 AM
ever

Unlike Clark, Lostview probably won't ever have to change their name! :p

lonny23
11-16-2005, 06:16 AM
hahaha, yea thats where we first discovered the dry ice thing..its a school night i wont do anything bad, im in band how can i be a bad kid? :D
it's
I'm
I
won't
that's
yeah

You're giving us a nice dictionary, Dragons08! :p

I was in UIL with a band kid that set a trash can on fire because he was bored. He got kicked out of the band.

lonny23
11-16-2005, 06:17 AM
go to Dragons08

click see all posts
I could get a lot of words out of your posts! :p

ktchamp97
11-16-2005, 03:27 PM
there/their is commonly misused on the net as is you're/your.

It's Chase Daniel...not Daniels, you wouldn't believe how many times I've seen that.

R-A-M-O-N-C-E people, Ramonce...who besides the parents of Pleasure Ellis would name their kid "Romance?"

irregardless is not a word...it just isn't.

I really hate when people speak of "loosing" a game...that and calling some one a "looser."

dragons08, God bless him..."matablisim"...c'mon dawg.

Someone mentioned the "defence" thing...that one makes me laugh.

I saw "airial" once, that ruled.

Definitely = :D ; Definately = :mad:

Yeah, I already know I'm a dork, thanks

mad_fan
11-16-2005, 05:29 PM
there/their is commonly misused on the net as is you're/your.

It's Chase Daniel...not Daniels, you wouldn't believe how many times I've seen that.

R-A-M-O-N-C-E people, Ramonce...who besides the parents of Pleasure Ellis would name their kid "Romance?"

irregardless is not a word...it just isn't.

I really hate when people speak of "loosing" a game...that and calling some one a "looser."

Someone mentioned the "defence" thing...that one makes me laugh.

I saw "airial" once, that ruled.

Definitely = :D ; Definately = :mad:

Yeah, I already know I'm a dork, thanks

In there defence, I do refer people to this web site... http://www.dnd.ca/

Mr. Bush won the election, irregardless of what others think.

Some on this board are looser...than others.

"Airial" is plane dum and I don't no why any body wood say that.

I have nothing to say in defence of D08, other than he is young and impressable.

dragons08
11-16-2005, 06:36 PM
I could get a lot of words out of your posts! :p
are you serious? :eek:

dragons08
11-16-2005, 06:38 PM

believe it or not, i used to be a great speller, back in the day, it all went down the drain

dragons08
11-16-2005, 06:38 PM
I have nothing to say in defence of D08, other than he is young and impressable.
impressable meaning...? impressive?

mad_fan
11-16-2005, 07:02 PM
impressable meaning...? impressive?

That was worth a try! :) Look up 'impressible'. I spelt it rong on purpuse. :p

dragons08
11-16-2005, 07:06 PM
That was worth a try! :) Look up 'impressible'. I spelt it rong on purpuse. :p
purpose..isnt there an o not a u?

SeguinMatadors
11-16-2005, 07:14 PM
purpose..isnt there an o not a u?

I am pretty sure he meant to spell it wrong because he also spelled wrong as rong.

dragons08
11-16-2005, 07:18 PM
I am pretty sure he meant to spell it wrong because he also spelled wrong as rong.
i pick up on 'purpuse' and not 'rong'

Primetime536
11-16-2005, 09:08 PM
No, you may not..

HAHA, The funny thing is i have tried the tennis ball thing. If you ever have the chance get a plastic bottle, fill it halfway up with works tolit cleaner. Then get twist tin-foil very tightly and place in the bottle half way filled with works. Shake the bottle with the tinfoil and the works and throw......Blows up

Redneckn
11-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Really? I'll have to try that next time I got the farm.
That's one of the good things about having 6oo acres out away from everybody. You can blow things up and nobody knows anything..haha.

Only time we ever had "visitors" was the night we had the ak-47, 75rd clip, every 5th round was a tracer.. Looked really kool.. The Caddo Parish Sheriff didn't really think so.
But he did shoot it a few times after we showed him how it was not fully auto.

dragons08
11-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Really? I'll have to try that next time I got the farm.
That's one of the good things about having 6oo acres out away from everybody. You can blow things up and nobody knows anything..haha.

Only time we ever had "visitors" was the night we had the ak-47, 75rd clip, every 5th round was a tracer.. Looked really kool.. The Caddo Parish Sheriff didn't really think so.
But he did shoot it a few times after we showed him how it was not fully auto.
lmao, so the cop showed up and wanted to "play"

Redneckn
11-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah.. They had been out before on a.. uh.. few occasions..haha..

At that point it had been a while.. I think they were curious.. We could sit in recliners in the house and shoot out at targets in the front lit up with floodlights.. The house has huge double sliding glass doors.. So we'd open 'em up all the way and sit down with guns mounted on tri-pods and see who could hit the bullseye at 200yards while rocking in the recliner...haha..
Big fun...Nobody ever trespassed either...hahaha..

dragons08
11-16-2005, 11:34 PM

At that point it had been a while.. I think they were curious.. We could sit in recliners in the house and shoot out at targets in the front lit up with floodlights.. The house has huge double sliding glass doors.. So we'd open 'em up all the way and sit down with guns mounted on tri-pods and see who could hit the bullseye at 200yards while rocking in the recliner...haha..
moron of the year goes to...*drum roll*

wide-e-wide
11-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Redneckn...the South lost...now put away your arsenal before somebody gets hurt... :D

dragons08
11-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Redneckn...the South lost...now put away your arsenal before somebody gets hurt... :D
lmao

go yankees (not ny)

Redneckn
11-16-2005, 11:52 PM
C'mon.. It was all innocent fun..
Why I got to be a moron? Lot's of people shoot for sport and such.. We just did it from the confort of the living room.. Most people sit in front of the fireplace and talk about shooting that occured earlier in the day.. We sat in from of the fire place and shot and talked about it at the same time..haha..

Really though, it was all harmless fun. This is an old farm house.. Brick floors and real wood walls.. Not carpet and sheetrock...The doors open up wide enough for us to be able to back a truck up into the house..

The only time I ever shot in the direction of a person. My dog was barking and pointing to the pond. I get out my rifle to look thru the scope to see what was down there.. Thinking it was a deer or something.. I see a cork come flying out onto the water.. I eased the window open, leveled on the cork and let it go...There was a loud boom, the 7mmMag, and no more cork.
I went down there later. There was a rod/reel, a tackle box, a little camping stool, and a lunch in a paper bag. No sense in good food going to waste. I ate it. I took the other items up to the house.. Wrote a little note, put it in a ziplok and tied it to the tree.. Nobody ever came up to the house to get their things.. Nice tackle.. I broke the rod when I fell out of the canoe trying to pee while standing.. In said canoe.. That's a bad idea.

Shooting is a lot of fun and it relieves stress.. The object is not to kill the rabbit.. It is to take his eye out at 65 yards with a 22 rifle.. Mostly we were after crows and coyotes.. Possum and coons.. Ok.. If it moved it died.. But we either ate it, sold it, or used it to bait something else.. And we took the coyote carcass' to cut up and use for catfish bait..

I didnt get the name Redneckn because it sounds nice..haha..

wide-e-wide
11-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Okay...I am now officially afraid of Redneckn...

Does the term "squeal like a piggy" mean anything to you dude?

Redneckn
11-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Okay...I am now officially afraid of Redneckn...

Does the term "squeal like a piggy" mean anything to you dude?

Geez Wide.. Show a little diversity...hahahaha...
That's funny.. I actually have that movie on dvd.. Kind of a training manual, if you will..hahaha...ok, i really do have it on dvd...

It's all harmless fun.. I don't tote a gun around.. But I do keep my homes armed pretty heavily..
Trust me, it just happened one day.. I had 1 gun.. and thought, I live in the middle of nowhere.. I want a cannon.. The 7mag was the cannon..haha..
When you take the head off a squirrel clean at 350yards, that's doing something.. Wont get you anything but a rodent with no head.. But it's still fun.

wide-e-wide
11-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Geez Wide.. Show a little diversity...hahahaha...
That's funny.. I actually have that movie on dvd.. Kind of a training manual, if you will..hahaha...ok, i really do have it on dvd...

It's all harmless fun.. I don't tote a gun around.. But I do keep my homes armed pretty heavily..
Trust me, it just happened one day.. I had 1 gun.. and thought, I live in the middle of nowhere.. I want a cannon.. The 7mag was the cannon..haha..
When you take the head off a squirrel clean at 350yards, that's doing something.. Wont get you anything but a rodent with no head.. But it's still fun.

Good grief...and I thought I was sadistic for listening to Celine Dion...

Redneckn
11-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Good grief...and I thought I was sadistic for listening to Celine Dion...

You listen to Celine? hahaha...then you already know how a pig squeels.. You're half way there..hahaha..knowing is half the battle.. :eek:

I told you before what happens when I start drinking.. And toss a weapon into the mix and anything can happen...

LoneStarProud
11-17-2005, 02:22 AM
Redneckn, you remind me of the Louisiana boy that got married to an Arkansas girl. On his honeymoon night he came crying home to his ma and pa and they asked what was wrong. He said he can't stay married to that Arkansas girl cause she is a virgin. His daddy looked down at the ground and shook his head and said...."dangit boy, if she ain't good enough for her own family then she ain't good enough for you". :eek: :p

Redneckn
11-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Redneckn, you remind me of the Louisiana boy that got married to an Arkansas girl. On his honeymoon night he came crying home to his ma and pa and they asked what was wrong. He said he can't stay married to that Arkansas girl cause she is a virgin. His daddy looked down at the ground and shook his head and said...."dangit boy, if she ain't good enough for her own family then she ain't good enough for you". :eek: :p

HAHAHA... That's funny.. I don't care who you are...hahaha..

Thanks for the laff.

lonny23
11-17-2005, 10:15 AM

You have the perfect name! :D

lonny23
11-17-2005, 10:19 AM
C'mon.. It was all innocent fun..
Why I got to be a moron? Lot's of people shoot for sport and such.. We just did it from the confort of the living room.. Most people sit in front of the fireplace and talk about shooting that occured earlier in the day.. We sat in from of the fire place and shot and talked about it at the same time..haha..

Really though, it was all harmless fun. This is an old farm house.. Brick floors and real wood walls.. Not carpet and sheetrock...The doors open up wide enough for us to be able to back a truck up into the house..

The only time I ever shot in the direction of a person. My dog was barking and pointing to the pond. I get out my rifle to look thru the scope to see what was down there.. Thinking it was a deer or something.. I see a cork come flying out onto the water.. I eased the window open, leveled on the cork and let it go...There was a loud boom, the 7mmMag, and no more cork.
I went down there later. There was a rod/reel, a tackle box, a little camping stool, and a lunch in a paper bag. No sense in good food going to waste. I ate it. I took the other items up to the house.. Wrote a little note, put it in a ziplok and tied it to the tree.. Nobody ever came up to the house to get their things.. Nice tackle.. I broke the rod when I fell out of the canoe trying to pee while standing.. In said canoe.. That's a bad idea.

Shooting is a lot of fun and it relieves stress.. The object is not to kill the rabbit.. It is to take his eye out at 65 yards with a 22 rifle.. Mostly we were after crows and coyotes.. Possum and coons.. Ok.. If it moved it died.. But we either ate it, sold it, or used it to bait something else.. And we took the coyote carcass' to cut up and use for catfish bait..

I didnt get the name Redneckn because it sounds nice..haha..
OK, and you're crazy too! :D

Reaganrattler07
11-17-2005, 10:22 AM
R U al givving Dragoons008 a harrd tiime? juust bcuz of his speling? :p

Disclaimer: Bad spelling was on purpose

Primetime536
11-17-2005, 10:35 PM
aggy...people are constantly spelling that wrong.

also

"feal"
"tomaroew"

and

who could forget ..... "unlogical"
who the hell was stupid enough to misspell such basic words. Ahh, what a terrible school system we have..

ktchamp97
11-21-2005, 04:30 PM
I thought of another one...

dominate vs. dominant

C'mon people this ain't difficult:

Texas will dominate Aggy.

and

That was a dominant performance.

NEVER use "dominate" in this fashion: They were soooo dominate! :mad:

dragons08
11-22-2005, 09:14 PM
ends in a 't' past