PDA

View Full Version : Lufkin's Team Colors

LPanther
05-31-2005, 08:55 AM
In the preview, Lufkin's team colors are listed as "Purple, White, and Black". Actually the official school colors are Purple and Gold. (think Minnesota Vikings and LSU Tigers). Their colors are really Puple and Yellow. True Gold would be like Notre Dame. Don't know why the Panther's don't use the "Gold" color more, instead opting for pretty much all Purple. Those LSU "Gold" pants with the Purple stripe are sharp looking.

Nuff said on that subject. I really expected Lufkin to be ranked #2. With possibly the state's best defense, best kicker, and best group of receiver's (flip a coin between them and SLC), I think they will more than make up for an inexperienced OL.

ktchamp97
05-31-2005, 09:50 AM
LPanther, I knew one of y'all would catch that! I know the "official" colors are purple and gold, but I just put down the colors they actually wear on the field.

I like LSU's uniforms too, but the only reason those gold pants work is the fact that they have gold helmets too. Gold pants with a purple helmet might look kinda funky.

Favpack
05-31-2005, 10:40 AM
I've got cheerleaders, not players, in my house and the c.leaders purple/white and black looks really sharp, the purple/gold threads look really good too - but the purple and white are kinda dull. I think I'm in the minority there - most like all purple - and a little white sprinkled in.

LP-79
05-31-2005, 11:34 AM
You all remember them UGLY solid gold travel uniforms we used to wear? Looked like a bunch of fruitcakes playing on the field! :eek:

Lp78
05-31-2005, 11:40 AM
LOL Gold pants, White polo shirt, with white dress shoes & belt.

I will say that the travel uniforms(games) looked good. Gold pants/ white jerseys. Purple helment/ gold panther head. I personally wish Outlaw would use some gold in our uniforms.

PackAttack2005
05-31-2005, 12:42 PM
The Panthers officially claim purple, gold and white as their colors.

The Panther football home uniform is mostly Purple with white and black trim on the sleeves. Gold is used to highlight the name "Panthers" in white on the front of the jersey. It is not something you would notice from the bleachers, that is the only gold used on the Lufkin football threads.

I am not ready to go back to gold pants, jerseys or helmets just yet.

Lp78
05-31-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't think we will see any Gold in Lufkin's uniform for a while. I hope Outlaw is here for 8-10 + years. And as long as he is here, we won't see much. I can deal with that.

NewSherriffInTown
05-31-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm sick of teams weeding out their school's colors.

There is that epidemic up here in NY too.

Everyone wants black in their uniforms and stuff.

Green and Gold becomes Green, White, and Black

Blue and White Becames Blue, Black, and White.

It's ridiculous.

lpfanforever
06-01-2005, 09:58 PM
I've got cheerleaders, not players, in my house and the c.leaders purple/white and black looks really sharp, the purple/gold threads look really good too - but the purple and white are kinda dull. I think I'm in the minority there - most like all purple - and a little white sprinkled in.

FAVPACK , you sound just like me. i have cheerleaders and i might even have a softball player next year.

some of the only teams that actually have gold in there uniform in lufkin is basektball,baseball,and volleyball. well one of the volleyball teams. correct me if im wrong about that but, thats the only teams i have seen with gold in there uniforms.

wide-e-wide
06-01-2005, 10:16 PM
I remember the gold uni's...we used to wear the
old leftover jerseys on JV..gold jerseys...purple pants
and gold helmets...God-awful mixture...nevermind the
fact that this was in '89-'90 ...so they were probably the
same ones you guys wore in '79. ugly and old...they didn't
invest a lot of money on uniforms back then.

I don't like the purple and black...I like the purple and white
with just a hint of gold for tradition's sake.

I have 5 girls...so I will pretty much have my own cheer squad.
Only mine will be Midway Panthers instead of Lufkin Panthers.

drgnbkr
06-01-2005, 10:28 PM
In the preview, Lufkin's team colors are listed as "Purple, White, and Black". Actually the official school colors are Purple and Gold. (think Minnesota Vikings and LSU Tigers). Their colors are really Puple and Yellow. True Gold would be like Notre Dame. Don't know why the Panther's don't use the "Gold" color more, instead opting for pretty much all Purple. Those LSU "Gold" pants with the Purple stripe are sharp looking.

Nuff said on that subject. I really expected Lufkin to be ranked #2. With possibly the state's best defense, best kicker, and best group of receiver's (flip a coin between them and SLC), I think they will more than make up for an inexperienced OL.

I would think Carroll's kicker, Kevin Ortega will have a lot to say about who the best kicker is....

Rerun
06-01-2005, 10:31 PM
uniform talk = most pointless thread ever

Xfballphenome05
06-02-2005, 12:22 AM
also in the preview it says red is one of our team colors,when actually,it is our most hated color,we used to play canyon(red) then westlake(red) now judson (red).and erik anders was a dt not de.just some lil stuff.

relraiderfan
06-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Tyler Lee has done the same thing. Their school colors are listed as red and white, and now black has become more prominent in all of their uniforms. I personally like it.