PDA

View Full Version : Rankings (Colleyville Heritage)

blackpanther
05-30-2005, 09:59 PM
I think that Colleyville Heritage should be in the top 25. They r way underrated and u will see that this season. I think we have a good chance of beating great teams like Southlake Carroll and Denton Ryan.

LeanderLions3033
05-30-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm not trying to start any kind of trash talk and or locked threads (although their is a good chance that i may), but all i can think of when i think of Colleyville Heritage is their steriod scandal that was on ESPN, that killed the football player. Its that entire area with all the scandals, why is that.

blackpanther
05-30-2005, 10:27 PM
so what if we r the "Steroid School", Im sure other schools are defently taking steroids . Colleyville is one of the smallest teams around. But we somehow get caught with everything.

drgnbkr
05-30-2005, 10:43 PM
I think it's great to see a Colleyville poster on the board! Welcome blackpanther....we'll see you guys at your stadium this year...bring what ya got!

jtk1519
05-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Lets see...

This is a team that went 4-6 last year including a 2-5 district record.

They lost their leading rusher.

They lost 2 of their top 3 receivers.

They return a QB that, while heavily recruited, barely completed 50% of his passes.

Finally, they play in the same district as SLC and Denton Ryan.

Why again is Heritage deserving of a top 25 ranking?

KT2000
05-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Welcome to the board blackpanther. Can't fault a poster for having a little school pride. I look forward to seeing Heritage at 7 on 7 again this year. Ponder put on a pretty good show last year.

blackpanther
05-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Our Jv team was undeafeated and is going to dominate other teams. thats y we deserve to be top 25

pack4life
05-31-2005, 12:09 AM
Our Jv team was undeafeated and is going to dominate other teams. thats y we deserve to be top 25

Was Greg McElroy the starting quarterback for Southlake when your JV team played them? If so, and you defeated Southlake, it should be interesting.

blackpanther
05-31-2005, 12:16 AM
Lets see...

This is a team that went 4-6 last year including a 2-5 district record.

They lost their leading rusher.

They lost 2 of their top 3 receivers.

They return a QB that, while heavily recruited, barely completed 50% of his passes.

Finally, they play in the same district as SLC and Denton Ryan.

Why again is Heritage deserving of a top 25 ranking?

Yes ponder did have a ok season but he will defently do better this season

Donald markley and Breece johnson r going to be one of the best recievers in the disrict (johnson should be as good as clint renfro)

Deanthony Montgomery is going to be a solid running back with Derik Kammerlocker as a good backup

Taylor Brewerton and Philip Booth r very good at O line

Mike Dzura and Jay Valiai 2 fast shut down corners

Austin Vick, David Roberts, Brian Danshaw, Kyle Burnett, Kyle Roberts, Jeff Sullivan etc and good at linebackers

Matt Howe a good safety who can intercept the ball

and i dont know about our D line

blackpanther
05-31-2005, 12:34 AM
Was Greg McElroy the starting quarterback for Southlake when your JV team played them? If so, and you defeated Southlake, it should be interesting.

Yes he did play and so did there kickoff team

pack0808
05-31-2005, 12:44 AM
and laredo united south should be in the top 10 also. i know they were outscored something like 410-5 but their jv played tough ball up until the 2nd quarter in every game last year. please consider us 5atexasfootball.com. please just do not go with those silly powerhouses from slc, lufkin, judson, and katy. go out on a limb!! live a little!! lmao

LP-79
05-31-2005, 01:04 AM
It has been my experience that how the Jv plays against other Jv teams don't mean nothing when it comes to varsity teams. You can get indications on individual players but there is just so much more skill on varsity.

pack0808
05-31-2005, 01:13 AM
i think that goes without saying. some do not get it though.

jtk1519
05-31-2005, 01:36 AM
JV records mean very little. It's like Spring training in baseball.

dragonsdaddy
05-31-2005, 08:33 AM
greg never played a down of jv ball in 04. the kickoff teams???? welcome anyway. you all have a great chance at a playoff berth, since besides slc and dr, there really isn't a strong team. a d-1 spot is waiting.

PACK '97
05-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Just out of curiosity, where did Greg play last year? Did he just backup Daniels all year? Did he come in after the games were virtually over? I know he projected to be one of the best QB's this year, just haven't heard what kind of PT he has had.

dragonsdaddy
05-31-2005, 02:52 PM
he was the bu all year. he came in and ran the offense in only one game when chase came out after the first qt. most of his snaps were with a restricted play selection so as not to run up the score. one of the only plays he ran seriously otherwise was at the end of the allen game when their all american de made a bonehead play and tried to injure mc. we opened it up and scored an "unnecessary" td as payback.

blackpanther
05-31-2005, 03:33 PM
I hate Southlake Carroll

raidercheerdad
05-31-2005, 03:37 PM
I haven't seen it mentioned, but is this a deserved ranking with or without steroids?

PACK '97
05-31-2005, 03:40 PM
thanks dragonsdaddy

apprecieate the info.

Did Greg get alot of snaps his soph season on JV? I've heard and read on many message boards that Greg is going to be a great QB. Do you have any intuition on this? I know he has the size to be great, do you think he can be as good as the last 2 QB's SLC has had?

raidercheerdad
05-31-2005, 03:44 PM
thanks dragonsdaddy

apprecieate the info.

Did Greg get alot of snaps his soph season on JV? I've heard and read on many message boards that Greg is going to be a great QB. Do you have any intuition on this? I know he has the size to be great, do you think he can be as good as the last 2 QB's SLC has had?A little bird told me that SLC was a little disappointed in his spring game -- can anyone validate or deny that? Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that he'll be ready by August!

blackpanther
05-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Another reason we should be in the top 25

The CHHS Panther Varsity 7on7 team won the rain delayed 64 team state qualifying tournament on Memorial Day at the CHHS campus. As a result of winning the tournament, Colleyville Heritage maintains it status as one of two teams in Texas (Arlington Lamar being the other)to have won a slot and participated in every State 7 on 7 Tournament since the program's inception in 1998. The Panthers won their bracket in Pool play with wins over Boswell (34-26), Weatherford (55-29) and Dallas Jesuit (33-15). The Panthers won the tournament semi-final with a 34-25 win over Arlington Bowie. CHHS then took the SQT championship with a 45-21 win over Arlington Lamar. The Panthers will compete in the 2005 Texas 7 on 7 State Championship on July 15-16 at Texas A&M University in College Station.

dragonsdaddy
05-31-2005, 04:03 PM
the least likely fact to effect anything come fall ball. chhs won their own tournament for the however many times it's been held. not much of a stretch to predict as i did 3 mo ago. i'll say right now that they'll win it next year too.

the_great_state_of_TExas
05-31-2005, 04:14 PM
Welcome Black Panther...

You have to love this guy... He does not hide his true feelings.

BP - "I hate Southlake Carroll"

Please do me a favor: Come back to this site after your game against SLC on September 30th and give us a brief recap of the game.

Your update should say something like - "Yeah, we could have won - dude, but the final score was 49 to 7" and that punk Greg M had 500 yards in passing."

PACK '97
05-31-2005, 04:22 PM
...funny stuff

blackpanther
05-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Welcome Black Panther...

You have to love this guy... He does not hide his true feelings.

BP - "I hate Southlake Carroll"

Please do me a favor: Come back to this site after your game against SLC on September 30th and give us a brief recap of the game.

Your update should say something like - "Yeah, we could have won - dude, but the final score was 49 to 7" and that punk Greg M had 500 yards in passing."

You will be shocked when we beat SLC

the_great_state_of_TExas
05-31-2005, 04:40 PM
You are correct... I would be shocked to see you guys beat SLC...

raidercheerdad
05-31-2005, 04:40 PM
You will be shocked when we beat SLCI have a pocket full of "money where your mouth is" cash and I'll take SLC and give you 2 touchdowns!!!!! Now you've stepped off into the ridiculous. I admire your team pride, but don't let it push you into the realm of dreamer! I love the Baylor Bears and wish they could win; however, in all reality, I hope they end this season with a .500 record.

dragonsdaddy
05-31-2005, 05:01 PM
gotta say that chhs will beat slc again. they did it in 99 for the only time i believe, but it will happen again. not this year, but someday.

NewSherriffInTown
05-31-2005, 05:02 PM

The CHHS Panther Varsity 7on7 team won the rain delayed 64 team state qualifying tournament on Memorial Day at the CHHS campus. As a result of winning the tournament, Colleyville Heritage maintains it status as one of two teams in Texas (Arlington Lamar being the other)to have won a slot and participated in every State 7 on 7 Tournament since the program's inception in 1998. The Panthers won their bracket in Pool play with wins over Boswell (34-26), Weatherford (55-29) and Dallas Jesuit (33-15). The Panthers won the tournament semi-final with a 34-25 win over Arlington Bowie. CHHS then took the SQT championship with a 45-21 win over Arlington Lamar. The Panthers will compete in the 2005 Texas 7 on 7 State Championship on July 15-16 at Texas A&M University in College Station.

You just answered your own point against yourself.

If they've won it every single year since 98 and they still have a 4-6 record to show for it, why should this year's 7 on 7 mean any different? lol

Think almighty Panther, think!!

CCDawgs05
05-31-2005, 05:32 PM

Well you forgot Copperas Cove has been to every 7on7 State Tourney since it began.....

dragonsdaddy
05-31-2005, 05:37 PM
i thought i read where alamar and chhs were the only ones. dctf had it in their web site. maybe i misread it.

DrEdward
05-31-2005, 05:49 PM
I hate Southlake Carroll

While you may hate the Dragons, that factoid is irrelevant to the observation that G.M. never played a down for the Carroll JV last season. However, it does appear that CHHS has a pretty good QB, based on their 7 on 7 performance.

blackpanther
05-31-2005, 05:51 PM
I agree with this

CCDawgs05
05-31-2005, 08:47 PM
i thought i read where alamar and chhs were the only ones. dctf had it in their web site. maybe i misread it.

Well our website says it but it may be because we got DQ'ed in one of the tourneys for a brawl.....

NewSherriffInTown
06-02-2005, 03:04 PM
At least BlackPanther can be happy that an 11 year old from Colleyville almost won the National Spelling Bee today.

You want high drama, watch the spelling bee.

jrdaniel
06-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I was pulling for that 11 year old. I'd bet he wins the thing next year. By the way, I didn't get one word right from about the 11th or 12th round on, not that I got any right before then, just started watching then. Those kids are amazing.

NewSherriffInTown
06-02-2005, 03:48 PM
It is great that they have that talent to do that, but the reason we can't spell those words is because of coaching and practice.

My original favorite was the girl from New Hampshire, and when she bowed out in 4th, I wanted the 11 year old kid to win, and finally the girl from Cali, but of course of the final 10, the kid I didn't like the most won. At least his finish was fun to watch. It's good to see that they have some freaking emotion. I bet their practices and coaching is worse than little girls cheerleading and ice skating.

drgnbkr
06-02-2005, 08:28 PM
You will be shocked when we beat SLC

We'll all be shocked!

Red Raiders
06-02-2005, 08:48 PM
We'll all be shocked!

of course, It seems that Southlake Carroll can't be beaten by Colleyville Heritage unless Southlake Carroll lose every starters. I believe Colleyville shouldn't be Top 25, I am sorry, I just don't see that.

CoppellCowboy57
06-07-2005, 11:34 AM
I hate Southlake Carroll

wait a gosh darn second...I think i have more right to Hate SLC...then you do...

The Panthers actolly do have a pretty good sub-varsty program, i know there freshmen teams where pretty good. There Freshmen B team defense was led by Kyle Sheets, I look forward seeing him on friday nights in upcoming years

Gryegl
06-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Last two Carroll QB's were phenomenal athletes and TX 5A POY's. Last year's QB Daniel is undoubtedly one of the finest highschool athletes I've seen. That said, you are looking at a different breed of cat in McElroy...he is a very polished prototype Pro Style QB. Razor sharp passer who steps into the pocket. No snap plus 2 seconds and a cloud of dust. He can run (4.6)...but why if you don't have to. Defer to following quote regarding McElroy, "He looks the part more than any other quarterback Iíve had in the last two years. Those other two ended up being the top player in (Class) 5A. So, he has what coaches are looking for and he will get a chance to display that in our offense." -Southlake Carroll coach Todd Dodge.

As regards Colleyville and their fine young QB/man Ponder....bring "em on. This ain't 7X7 or JV Ball. By the bye...Mac never lost to Colleyville. Stay tuned!

RidgePride
06-16-2005, 01:05 PM

The JV team is full of guys who couldn't make Varsity -

dragonsdaddy
06-16-2005, 01:07 PM
ponder had little help last year so it was hard to get a picture of his skills. he's a good looking kid and throws a nice ball. he seems to stay in a slight crouch/squat thus lowering his release point somewhat. both he and greg will get a chance on future saturdays.

chhspantherfan
09-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Yes ponder did have a ok season but he will defently do better this season

Donald markley and Breece johnson r going to be one of the best recievers in the disrict (johnson should be as good as clint renfro)

Deanthony Montgomery is going to be a solid running back with Derik Kammerlocker as a good backup

Taylor Brewerton and Philip Booth r very good at O line

Mike Dzura and Jay Valiai 2 fast shut down corners

Austin Vick, David Roberts, Brian Danshaw, Kyle Burnett, Kyle Roberts, Jeff Sullivan etc and good at linebackers

Matt Howe a good safety who can intercept the ball

and i dont know about our D line

short lived poster that had lots of good material back in the day. Ponder ends up Vikings QB, Valai was two time all Big 10 Safety, and Breece overcame a lot to play at UNT for 4 years.

Even a Clint Renfro mention......good stuff!!

Eagledad61
09-12-2012, 03:41 PM
You can take abilene's spot we suck this year! Nothing to see move on!

BlakeJ
09-12-2012, 03:46 PM
I think that Colleyville Heritage should be in the top 25. They r way underrated and u will see that this season. I think we have a good chance of beating great teams like Southlake Carroll and Denton Ryan.

I sure hope to high H E Double hockey sticks that beezleyBizzyBooBoy doesnt see your screen name.

chhspantherfan
09-12-2012, 03:49 PM
2 down, how many more of you are there?

LR46
09-12-2012, 04:52 PM
As I keep telling everyone but no one gets it yet (and don't tell me it's too early to say) . . . and the fact that Trinity is rebuilding and a mere shell of its normal self, Heritage will win District easily and I hope (no) I say they will go on to win State this year. Nuff said. Put in the bank, book it and stop kibitzing over this so much.

TrinityTrojan80
09-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Not getting me, I looked at the dates.:rofl:

Nsalumni
09-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I sure hope to high H E Double hockey sticks that beezleyBizzyBooBoy doesnt see your screen name.

Lmaooooo oh my God!!!!!! Hahahahhahaha ahhhhhh

Mustangman21
09-12-2012, 06:08 PM
2 down, how many more of you are there?

I think it's just me and you from gcisd

chhspantherfan
09-12-2012, 07:20 PM
As I keep telling everyone but no one gets it yet (and don't tell me it's too early to say) . . . and the fact that Trinity is rebuilding and a mere shell of its normal self, Heritage will win District easily and I hope (no) I say they will go on to win State this year. Nuff said. Put in the bank, book it and stop kibitzing over this so much.

well, you can't even predict the past.:rofl::rofl:

LR46
09-12-2012, 10:01 PM
well, you can't even predict the past.:rofl::rofl:How cliche' . . . yur beddah than that!!!! I know it's like talking about a no hitter in the 2nd inning . . . you'll see.

Bass
09-12-2012, 10:33 PM
well, you can't even predict the past.:rofl::rofl:

He still doesn't get it.

chhspantherfan
09-17-2012, 12:35 PM
He still doesn't get it.

amateurs;)

chhspantherfan
12-28-2013, 08:15 PM
ponder had little help last year so it was hard to get a picture of his skills. he's a good looking kid and throws a nice ball. he seems to stay in a slight crouch/squat thus lowering his release point somewhat. both he and greg will get a chance on future saturdays.

come on man, you were right on back in 2005

eaglefan123
12-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Allens Erickson middle school B team goes consistently undefeated so we're looking pretty good in the future ;)