PDA

View Full Version : Another Monday Night "Debacle"

Reaganrattler07
11-15-2005, 10:05 AM
After seeing last night's game. I'm quite interested in knowing what you all think. Visiting team down 13, the visiting team has done absolutely nothing while the home team has "dominated". All of a sudden, the visiting team scores two touchdowns to go up one, and ultimately win the game.

As characterized by a few people on this board, this happened in week 2 and was declared a "debacle" and a "fluke". Now, this happened last night as well, and I'm quite surprised no one else is calling it the same thing.

As for Roy Williams. Haha, he was lucky McNabb didn't see him cause Roy was pathetic all game. He missed tackles, wasn't even in on plays and didn't contribute until the interception.

Reaganrattler07
11-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Correction: A should've added a "?" at the end of the title of the thread.

yankee
11-15-2005, 10:20 AM
are the cowboys for real or not?

Reaganrattler07
11-15-2005, 10:21 AM
are the cowboys for real or not?

Their upcomming schedule will tell.

lonny23
11-15-2005, 10:49 AM
The Cowboys have a real good team and are probably a 2nd Tier team in the NFC right now with a chance to move up.

dragonfootballfan
11-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Their upcomming schedule will tell.
well considering they control their own destiny in the division after week 9 I would say they are pretty good

wide-e-wide
11-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Once again brainiac...watch the freakin' game before you start running your mouth...

Aaron Glenn looked horrible all night...I didn't see Roy miss one play...and looked pretty damn good to me...

Of course this is the same Roy Williams...you know...the safety Roy Williams...that was burned.....and Santana Moss was being being covered by.........guess who? Aaron Glenn...

If you are gonna talk smack...talk it about Glenn...he's the one that sucks...and wouldn't you know it....he's an aggy...go figure.

dragonfootballfan
11-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Once again brainiac...watch the freakin' game before you start running your mouth...

Aaron Glenn looked horrible all night...I didn't see Roy miss one play...and looked pretty damn good to me...

Of course this is the same Roy Williams...you know...the safety Roy Williams...that was burned.....and Santana Moss was being being covered by.........guess who? Aaron Glenn...

If you are gonna talk smack...talk it about Glenn...he's the one that sucks...and wouldn't you know it....he's an aggy...go figure.
wide you better not point out facts or else he will not go on the NFL board because its all Dallas Cowboys and Roy Williams rules.

Primetime536
11-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Roy is a great run-support safty. Hes also decent at man with RB and some TE

But when it comes to cover 2 forget about it he blows...

Reaganrattler07
11-16-2005, 06:03 PM
wide you better not point out facts or else he will not go on the NFL board because its all Dallas Cowboys and Roy Williams rules.

The NFL board, for now, isn't all about the Pukes. Roy Williams may be good, but he certainly wasn't "ruling" Monday. It was a good thing McNabb didn't see him and Roy was able to redeem himself from his poor play.

As for facts, Roy had the wonderful number 3, and 1 assisted. Man he's awesome.

Reaganrattler07
11-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Roy is a great run-support safty. Hes also decent at man with RB and some TE

But when it comes to cover 2 forget about it he blows...

Exactly, no doubt he can keep up with tight ends and hit running backs comming at him, but covering wideouts, he's terrible. He got burned by Santana (twice), Lloyd in San Fran.

SeguinMatadors
11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Exactly, no doubt he can keep up with tight ends and hit running backs comming at him, but covering wideouts, he's terrible. He got burned by Santana (twice), Lloyd in San Fran.

Only one of the times that Santana scored was Roy's fault. That said, your point is well taken. He isn't the guy you want covering a reciever.

Reaganrattler07
11-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Only one of the times that Santana scored was Roy's fault. That said, your point is well taken. He isn't the guy you want covering a reciever.

*Sigh*....neither is Walt Harris (Redskin CB)

dragons08
11-16-2005, 07:03 PM
somebodys' cruisin for a bruisin

wide-e-wide
11-16-2005, 07:49 PM
He is a f'n safety...Good Lord...you people are stupid...

What do you expect though...Am I supposed to take football lessons from a KID that doesn't even play HS football?

Until you learn a little bit...just a little bit about the game...my suggestion to you has to be.............SHUT UP!

The Cowboys signed him and pay him millions to cover Santana Moss.............................................. ........ummm.......no...................why?

Because he is a f'n safety you moron.

SeguinMatadors
11-16-2005, 07:59 PM

What do you expect though...Am I supposed to take football lessons from a KID that doesn't even play HS football?

Until you learn a little bit...just a little bit about the game...my suggestion to you has to be.............SHUT UP!

The Cowboys signed him and pay him millions to cover Santana Moss.............................................. ........ummm.......no...................why?

Dude, wtf? Grow up and stop trying to insult kids. He is a safety. That puts him in the secondary. When you are a safety and a team puts 4 or 5 receivers on the field you are going to have to cover receivers. Also, when you send a blitz, you are going need your safety to cover receivers. When you run a zone, you are going to need your safety to cover receivers running through the zone. Safeties cover people. Now take your own advice and learn something about football.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-16-2005, 08:00 PM

wide, calm the freak down!!! d-town will destroy the redskins next time they play them!!! the kid is just trying to get under your skin...and he's doing a great job of it!!!

honestly, we did shoot down the dallas/wash game as being a fluke...so the kid's intitled to post a thread throwing it back in our face!!!!!

we'll see in another month, when dallas plays the skins again!!!!

the 'boys will leave little doubt!!!

ThEgReAtOnE
11-16-2005, 08:06 PM
When you are a safety and a team puts 4 or 5 receivers on the field you are going to have to cover receivers.

ya, the only problem with your statement is the redskins didn't put 4 or 5 receivers on the field.

a safety helps over the top, in the zone....in other words if the corner gets under the receiver the safety has position.....key words being "if the corner gets under the receiver"!

during the game moss lined up in the slot, which gave williams the responsibility on any post or deep route.....but the other td was glenn's fault.

yes, williams made "a" crucial mistake in that game....but he made a bigger play this past monday night!

SeguinMatadors
11-16-2005, 08:10 PM
ya, the only problem with your statement is the redskins didn't put 4 or 5 receivers on the field.

a safety helps over the top, in the zone....in other words if the corner gets under the receiver the safety has position.....key words being "if the corner gets under the receiver"!

during the game moss lined up in the slot, which gave williams the responsibility on any post or deep route.....but the other td was glenn's fault.

yes, williams made "a" crucial mistake in that game....but he made a bigger play this past monday night!

I never said Williams wasn't a good player. Also, I was the first to acknowledge that only one of the two td's scored by Moss was Williams fault. I was just responding to the post at hand saying that safeties do not guard receivers.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-16-2005, 08:19 PM
I never said Williams wasn't a good player. Also, I was the first to acknowledge that only one of the two td's scored by Moss was Williams fault. I was just responding to the post at hand saying that safeties do not guard receivers.

that's cool...i was just trying to calm my boy wide down and may have over-reacted to your comment!!!

Reaganrattler07
11-16-2005, 09:39 PM
honestly, we did shoot down the dallas/wash game as being a fluke...so the kid's intitled to post a thread throwing it back in our face!!!!!

Glad someone sees the whole point of this.....

Reaganrattler07
11-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Dude, wtf? Grow up and stop trying to insult kids. He is a safety. That puts him in the secondary. When you are a safety and a team puts 4 or 5 receivers on the field you are going to have to cover receivers. Also, when you send a blitz, you are going need your safety to cover receivers. When you run a zone, you are going to need your safety to cover receivers running through the zone. Safeties cover people. Now take your own advice and learn something about football.

I guess it's one of the few ways he can feel superior.

As for what a safety does. You're exactly right. He is the "safety" in the secondary to make sure no one makes big plays, he is also a "safety net" for when the D-Line and Linebackers don't tackle a runner. Williams is good with the latter because it seems he has a hard time keeping up with recievers. Granted, recievers know where they're going and the Safety/DB has to guess and try and stay on him.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-16-2005, 10:02 PM
the Safety/DB has to guess and try and stay on him.

not much guessing involved. all he has to do is stay "on-top of the receiver"! williams is one of the hardest hitting safeties in the league - and many will say he hits the hardest - yet his cover abilities are limited, as are most safeties. that's why safeties aren't cb's! they're a small linebacker....and in passing plays all they have to do is stay on-top of the receiver/play! why, you ask?! for "containment"! (If a play breaks open, safeties are the last true hitters/tacklers on the field! Most cb's don't like to hit!)

outside/inside lb's, mostly, have hash to hash responsibilities, the cb's have the flats, bump and run/man, unless it's a zone call in which the safety has the responsibility, from his vantage point, to stay above the reciever, on deep slants, up, outs and posts.

again, not much guessing involved! as a pro player, it's not about being perfect, mentally and physically....it's about being as mentally and physically perfect as you can be! roy, for the most part, is a very solid player....and could end up an all-time great! he has that potential!

Reaganrattler07
11-16-2005, 10:15 PM
not much guessing involved. all he has to do is stay "on-top of the receiver"! williams is one of the hardest hitting safeties in the league - and many will say he hits the hardest - yet his cover abilities are limited, as are most safeties. that's why safeties aren't cb's! they're a small linebacker....and in passing plays all they have to do is stay on-top of the receiver/play! why, you ask?! for "containment"! (If a play breaks open, safeties are the last true hitters/tacklers on the field! Most cb's don't like to hit!)

outside/inside lb's, mostly, have hash to hash responsibilities, the cb's have the flats, bump and run/man, unless it's a zone call in which the safety has the responsibility, from his vantage point, to stay above the reciever, on deep slants, up, outs and posts.

again, not much guessing involved! as a pro player, it's not about being perfect, mentally and physically....it's about being as mentally and physically perfect as you can be! roy, for the most part, is a very solid player....and could end up an all-time great! he has that potential!

Thats what I was saying the safety's are more of a "safety net". Now, I'm not gonna doubt that Williams isn't a hard hitter, if not the hardest. But that's not what this was about. This was about his coverage ability, which, if i may say so, is quite limited. Unless he gets in between the reciever and qb, like he did monday night then it's easier to pick off passes, but if the reciever gets the ball, he can't keep up with the reciever.

As for the guessing part. (And I'm not doubting you or anything) but isn't it hard to the DB to stay with the reciever cause the reciever knows when to cut and run his routes and can get a step or two ahead of the DB? Cause I see plays where the qb throws, reciever cuts (as the play is planned) catches the ball and smokes the DB until a safety comes in and either hits him or forces him out.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-16-2005, 10:19 PM
but isn't it hard to the DB to stay with the reciever cause the reciever knows when to cut and run his routes and can get a step or two ahead of the DB? Cause I see plays where the qb throws, reciever cuts (as the play is planned) catches the ball and smokes the DB until a safety comes in and either hits him or forces him out.

that's because the responsibility of the play falls on the cb. what you're asking is....is it hard for a cb to stay with a reciever? yes! but it also depends on what defense is called!

it gets very technical in the league. i'll go over it some other time, with ya!

wide-e-wide
11-16-2005, 10:56 PM
I don't remember ever saying the Dallas/Wash game was a fluke.

I did say that it was a complete meltdown...and that Dallas blew it.
I also said over and over...that it was Aaron Glenn that Moss burned.

My point is/was this...

Why point out that Roy Williams can't cover Santana Moss?
huh? :confused:

Dude, there are many CB's in the league that can't cover Moss...many...
So why would anybody in their right mind think that Roy Williams can?

The Cowboys did not spend a first round pick and millions of dollars...for Roy Williams to cover the quickest receivers in the NFL...They drafted him because he knocks the snot out of anything that comes within 10 feet of him...POINT BLANK...

So yes......cracking jokes...and being all "ha-ha chuckle,chuckle" about Santana Moss burning Roy is moronic...

It would be like me saying....yeah..Shaq is good...but he can't cover LeBron...

So freakin' what....? The Heat don't pay Shaq to cover LeBron..they pay him to punk everybody that comes in his territory...and dunk in your grill....

And isn't it sooo cute...that these "kids" can get down and dirty and talk smack...but when you call them out...they immediately come back with the "hey I'm a kid" defense.

Ever notice I never blast dragons08,garland08,CC57 and numerous other kids on this board....wonder why?

Because they don't run their mouths and talk trash that they can't back up.

Do us all a favor...if you are gonna sh.. with the big dawgs...don't try to piss with the puppies.

dragons08
11-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Ever notice I never blast dragons08,garland08,CC57 and numerous other kids on this board....wonder why?

it could be because im so damn cool! :cool:

dragonfootballfan
11-16-2005, 11:29 PM
if you are going to act like a man on this board you will be treated like one.

if you act like a stupid man you will be put in your place.

SeguinMatadors
11-16-2005, 11:31 PM
From what I have seen, Reagan has put you dudes in your place.

wide-e-wide
11-16-2005, 11:32 PM
From what I have seen, Reagan has put you dudes in your place.

Reagan put me in my place?

Good ol' Ronnie...I miss him.

SeguinMatadors
11-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Reagan put me in my place?

Good ol' Ronnie...I miss him.

lol