PDA

View Full Version : Texas Spread Offense..

Texasfrog
05-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Since there is a few Non-Texans that read this message board and want to act like they know Texas football. I figured I would enlighten them with some knowledge of Texas.

They seem to think that Texas High school teams dont play defense or ect. I say that Texas elite teams play "dang good defense" its just that the Texas offensives are very good.

In the mid-90's a new offensive revolution started making its way into the Texas coaching ranks. It was called the "spread offense." Now probably over half of the Texas 5A's and even alot of Texas 4A's run the "spread offense" at their schools.

The Texas days of " 3 yards and a cloud of dust" were basically over. You still see a team or two do it but its starting to fade away. The Midland Lee teams of the late 90's did it ( they had a stud called Benson) and 2003 North Shore did it ( they also had several studs). But, even they ( being strong running teams) threw the football around 8 to 10 times a game on average.

Today, the spread offense has exploded into Texas. Its become the norm rather the exception. That's why we see more Texas kids being recruited as college QB than ever before, more Texas kids being recruited as WR's than ever before.

Also, with the advent of Texas " 7 on 7" summer football and passing camps and ect. The kids are getting their timing, route running, and conditioning down for the 11 man team.

So, when I see people from other States try to tell me that Texas teams dont play defense. I would love to see their "so called (Homer team)" come play some of the high powered Texas offensive teams.

concha
05-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Who ARE these people from other states? Can you provide us with quotes?

Texasfrog
05-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Who ARE these people from other states? Can you provide us with quotes?

Ya, ones called Concha. " I think you know him dont you?" I believe he resides in the State of Ohio.

He seems to think that Texas teams dont play defense. At least I gather that from some of his post how he basically writes how SLC had pts scored on them.

concha
05-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Quotes, please.

Not your unmedicated imagination.

Quotes.

Don't you get embarrassed with the lies and exaggeration you spew? Does the concept of "self-respect" ever enter your thought process (such as it is)?

drgnbkr
05-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Concha, it's great having you on the board, but when you theme most of your posts with the notion that our brand of football is inferior in any way to any other state's...your going to get things stirred up, & I believe you know that. If Colerain is somehow able to pound Tyler Lee, which is doubtable, it won't change anyone's mind on this board that our Texas High School Football is superior to others. Your welcome to offer up ways in which Colerain or Ohio, or anybody else for that matter, is superior, just understand the firestorm you'll get in return... ;)

Big Daddy Cool
05-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Anyone who thinks Texas teams don't play defense needs to come down here and watch a North Shore. Granted they did have major breakdowns against Pearland and Westfield last year, but until those two games there were few teams in the state playing better D than them. And if thats not good enough for you take a trip to Dragon Stadium or good old Rhodes. Not only will you see great offenses but you'll see two teams that no how to play defense. Hell come pay a visit to any team listed on the top 25 here and i promise you'll see some hard hitting defenses.

pack0808
05-31-2005, 12:56 AM
lufkin is known to play a little defense themselves bigdaddy!! 8 players from lufkin's defense have signed div1 football scholarships in the last 2 years and only 1 of them did not sign a div1 scholarship in a big time conference. ns definitely plays some d besides that basketball score westfield put up on them last year but that had to be a fluke without a doubt. i know the 03 ns defense would have not given up 1/4th that much to them after watching how our east texas friends held them to 21 in the championship game.

concha
05-31-2005, 05:58 AM
Concha, it's great having you on the board, but when you theme most of your posts with the notion that our brand of football is inferior in any way to any other state's...your going to get things stirred up, & I believe you know that. If Colerain is somehow able to pound Tyler Lee, which is doubtable, it won't change anyone's mind on this board that our Texas High School Football is superior to others. Your welcome to offer up ways in which Colerain or Ohio, or anybody else for that matter, is superior, just understand the firestorm you'll get in return... ;)

I don't believe I've stated that Colerain would "pound" REL. If I have, please point it out to me. Froggy has been challenged to back up his accusations several times, and he just keeps running away squealing like a little girl.

I have stated, on this site, that I believe at the top level Ohio can play with anyoneand hold their own (if this is an insult to you, tough). I have also stated that i believ that Texas is deeper in "better" teams than any other state.

I have NOT stated that Texas is inferior. Again, please show me where you think I have.

Quotes, please. It shouldn't be tough from the sounds of things....