PDA

View Full Version : Love those Philly fans

Favpack
11-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Listening to the Cowboy pre-game show on the Ticket - the Cowboys team buses pull into the Lincoln parking lot - and are met with 5-6 eggs thrown at them - according to Mickey Spagnola.

Is there a bigger loser city than Philadelphia?

wide-e-wide
11-14-2005, 07:38 PM
I heard that...They also had a coffin in front of the stadium...and the fans were all putting their T.O. jerseys in there...ahahahaha

Those fans are out of control...always have been.

lonny23
11-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Listening to the Cowboy pre-game show on the Ticket - the Cowboys team buses pull into the Lincoln parking lot - and are met with 5-6 eggs thrown at them - according to Mickey Spagnola.

Detroit and NYC are just as bad. Cleveland is terrible, too.

dragonfootballfan
11-14-2005, 08:08 PM
I know in the old veteran's stadium there is a jail underneath the stadium

sltnusmc
11-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Philly fans were booing Micheal Irvin as he was being carted out on a stretcher on MNF.

sltnusmc
11-14-2005, 08:48 PM

Iv'e never been a fan of Chicago either.

Lufkin_Class_Of_08
11-14-2005, 09:34 PM
you cant beat those texas fans in dallas and houston...we are lucky in that both cities are good fans

Super_Owl08
11-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Only 5-6? Pansies.

I'm not liking the Cowboy's defense right now...McNabb's clean run into the endzone right before the half pissed me off.

GTown02
11-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Only 5-6? Pansies.

I'm not liking the Cowboy's defense right now...McNabb's clean run into the endzone right before the half pissed me off.
That run didnt piss me off. It was that bonehead play by Bledsoe that set it all up... Take the damn sack and move on to the next play Drew!

dragons08
11-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Iv'e never been a fan of Chicago either.
chicago? what do we do?

southlake thug
11-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Please... Philly fans are the best all around sports fans.

Chi-Town isnt bad at all either. I think all you guys are just pissed that the Iggles are running all over the Boyz. Its gotta be embarrasing for the Defense to know that they have let up like 4x as many rushing yards as they usually gain.

jtk1519
11-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Philly fans flat suck, but they arent the worst. Atlanta and Miami fans are the worst. They can have championship teams and the fans just wont show up. At least Philly fans show up despite how badly their teams always choke.

southlake thug
11-14-2005, 10:43 PM
True. They love their sports. And at least they are smart when it comes to sports. They know what they are talking about and they are always there to cheer for there team.

dragons08
11-14-2005, 11:07 PM
ATL? their fans show up dont they..even if they sucked..if VICK plays, there will be butts in seats

sltnusmc
11-14-2005, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=dragons08]chicago? what do we do?[/QU
When I was in the Marines, I had to put of with a few Chicago big mouth's. I have never rooted for a Chicago team since!!!!!!!

dragons08
11-14-2005, 11:23 PM
[QUOTE=dragons08]chicago? what do we do?[/QU
When I was in the Marines, I had to put of with a few Chicago big mouth's. I have never rooted for a Chicago team since!!!!!!!
just because the white sox fans are obnoxious, doesnt mean th rest of chicago is...

wide-e-wide
11-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey Philly fans....last place in the East is a rotten egg!!!!

dragonfootballfan
11-14-2005, 11:29 PM
Philly fans flat suck, but they arent the worst. Atlanta and Miami fans are the worst. They can have championship teams and the fans just wont show up. At least Philly fans show up despite how badly their teams always choke.
this is true. I still don't know why the University of Miami only gets like 40,000 for their games.

wide-e-wide
11-14-2005, 11:35 PM
this is true. I still don't know why the University of Miami only gets like 40,000 for their games.

Ever been to South Beach?

I wouldn't care about watching a football game if I lived there...

dragonfootballfan
11-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Ever been to South Beach?

I wouldn't care about watching a football game if I lived there...
you do have a point there.

bowiedawgs01
11-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Miami is also a tiny school. Not many alumni.

And I hate the Eagles more than any team in sports. HATE. I'm happy right now that they choked and their fans have to deal with it. HA!

Redneckn
11-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Donovan McNabb is prolly the single most Over-rated QB ever. I agree with RushLimbaugh where DM is concerned.

southlake thug
11-15-2005, 01:23 PM
I have lost the very little respect I had for you redneckn after that comment. Not only do you know nothing about football, you are now a racist piece of ****.

I wonder how you would react if you had a tear in your stomach. O yeah I think I can answer that. You would sit on your couch and *****. I honestly hope you were kidding about that comment. Becasue it is a disgrace if you were serious.

F*ck You

dragons08
11-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Donovan McNabb is prolly the single most Over-rated QB ever. I agree with RushLimbaugh where DM is concerned.
most over-rated?? try boller out in balitomore..

yankee
11-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Detroit and NYC are just as bad. Cleveland is terrible, too.
y is NYC bad huh? i can't remember the last time they did anything close to what philly fans have done.

RPM
11-15-2005, 04:38 PM
I dont know about any comments on mcnabb but everytime he messes up a game he comes up with the losers limp...after the eagles got the ball back and the back up QB threw that bomb that would have set up the FG for Philly mcnabb was was jumping up and down on the sideline..didnt look hurt to me..is it just me or what..

Favpack
11-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I just love the fact those drunk Eagle fans had an especially bad hangover this morning. A couple of Dallas writers said it was especially scary last night in the Philly parking lot.

dragons08
11-15-2005, 04:52 PM
I just love the fact those drunk Eagle fans had an especially bad hangover this morning. A couple of Dallas writers said it was especially scary last night in the Philly parking lot.
id be scared as well!! being an oppsosing fan, in the home teams parking lot, after beating them in a crushing way, and them being drunk.......wow

southlake thug
11-15-2005, 05:15 PM
I dont know about any comments on mcnabb but everytime he messes up a game he comes up with the losers limp...after the eagles got the ball back and the back up QB threw that bomb that would have set up the FG for Philly mcnabb was was jumping up and down on the sideline..didnt look hurt to me..is it just me or what..

I have said it before... McNabb has a sports hernia which can be described as chronic groin pain. I am sure that all you guys out there would be playing and trying to outrun players like Roy Williams while you have incredible pain in your lower stomach and groin. The fact that he needs surgury should be a green light that this is a serious and painful injury.

And o yeah, he has had badly bruised ribs all year that have not fully healed. Not to mention some calf injuries. And those are only some of the injuries that we know of. I don't remember anybody bashing Steve McNair for trying to play through his injuries. So why is everyone giving Donovan a hard time?

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 06:49 PM
I have lost the very little respect I had for you redneckn after that comment. Not only do you know nothing about football, you are now a racist piece of ****.

I wonder how you would react if you had a tear in your stomach. O yeah I think I can answer that. You would sit on your couch and *****. I honestly hope you were kidding about that comment. Becasue it is a disgrace if you were serious.

F*ck You

I'm not kidding at all. DM is a very mediocre QB. All the hoopla is because of his skin tint.
I'm not commenting on the fact that he's hurt. I would venture to say that my back problems have been just as bad or worse than any little tear in his stomach.. I was in bed for 3 months because I couldnt walk. I know what pain is.

You cant honestly think I give a crap if you respect me or not can you? Seriously?

Screw you too. There, now we're even.

wide-e-wide
11-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Hey...hey..hey...

'Yall chill before you get banned dude....seriously...don't pull a wide over something stupid.

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Aopologies to the board. I guess I just kind of got rowdy for a second.

Sorry dudes...

GTown02
11-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Edit the posts then ;). Curse words dont go well on this board...

southlake thug
11-15-2005, 07:14 PM
I guess we will just agree to disagree.

But there is a reason that Rush Limbaugh got fired and recieved serious backlash from his comments. They are just flat out wrong and disgraceful.I can understand your assesment of him being over-rated, but what makes you able to say that it is becasue of his skin color?

I am real confused on your thinking though. So you think that the general public only likes him becasue he is black? A middle class White family only likes him becasue he is black? How is that? - Or it could be becasue he is a 5-time Pro Bowl QB who busts his *** every week regardless of injuries.

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 09:02 PM
I guess we will just agree to disagree.

But there is a reason that Rush Limbaugh got fired and recieved serious backlash from his comments. They are just flat out wrong and disgraceful.I can understand your assesment of him being over-rated, but what makes you able to say that it is becasue of his skin color?

I am real confused on your thinking though. So you think that the general public only likes him becasue he is black? A middle class White family only likes him becasue he is black? How is that? - Or it could be becasue he is a 5-time Pro Bowl QB who busts his *** every week regardless of injuries.

I think the hoopla is because he is black. How many other QB's are there out there that are way better than him and we hear nothing (much) about them?
The big deal with him is because he is black and he is pretty good. Had he been White and in the same set up (team, ect...) you really wouldnt' have heard all the praises.
He was in the pro bowl because of his skin color. There are better QB's in the NFL. Most of the starting QB's in the NFL are better than he is.
People dont like him or dislike him (generally) because of his color. People, generally, will like what they are instructed to like. Music is the same way. If (rap mus wasn't shoved into the mainstream, most people wouldnt like it. But because you cant turn on the radio or tv without hearing it, it has become the norm and people "like" it. They don't know any better. Not because they are stupid, but because you only know what you know.
If DM is on the tube every sunday/monday and ESPN, TerryBradshaw, and that fat loudmouth are all talking about how good DM is, then the majority of people are gonna start talking about how good he is and they are going to believe that. Because that is what they've been told.
I don't have a problem with his being black. I have a problem with people making a big deal of him because he's black. Because if you look at him compared to every other starting QB in the NFL, he just doesnt stand out other than the fact that he is black.

That's my point to the whole thing. If you don't agree, that's fine, but I really would like you to understand that I don't mean it to be in any way racist. But the fact remains that he is black and the hoopla would be non-existant if he were White.

G-Town. Again, sorry for the harsh words.. And I forgot about me being able to edit things, otherwise I would have before I left work. Thanks for reminding me. :)

wide-e-wide
11-15-2005, 09:17 PM
I guess Tiger Woods is really screwed then...

SeguinMatadors
11-15-2005, 09:43 PM

I completely agree.

SeguinMatadors
11-15-2005, 09:47 PM

F*ck You

Calm down there buddy. DM is very overrated; not saying he isn't good but he is overrated. He is compared to the great QB's in the game and doesn't win the big game. He has been throwing into the turf for years too; he just isn't very accurate. Oh, and about the sports hernia, that sports hernia didn't make him make a terrible read and throw it to Roy Williams. Like I said, he is good, but not one of the top 5 QBs like he is made out to be. The media did want there to be a succesful African American qb therefor DM got more hype than he earned.

SeguinMatadors
11-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Hey...hey..hey...

'Yall chill before you get banned dude....seriously...don't pull a wide over something stupid.

If you get banned, can't you simply make another account?

southlake thug
11-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Calm down there buddy. DM is very overrated; not saying he isn't good but he is overrated. He is compared to the great QB's in the game and doesn't win the big game. He has been throwing into the turf for years too; he just isn't very accurate. Oh, and about the sports hernia, that sports hernia didn't make him make a terrible read and throw it to Roy Williams. Like I said, he is good, but not one of the top 5 QBs like he is made out to be.

That is fine, I respect your opinion completley. But to say that people only like him becasue of the color of his skin is absurd. Over-rated would not be the word I would use to describe him. There are plenty of players (Urlacher, Culpepper,ect.) that are over-rated, but I wouldn't go that far for DM. But that's not the point, I just think that it is wrong for someone to say that the only reason he was chosen for 5 pro bowls and has led his team for 4 consecutive pro bowls was becasue of the color of his skin.

wide-e-wide
11-15-2005, 10:18 PM
If you get banned, can't you simply make another account?

Not that easy...they ban your IP address.

Redneckn
11-15-2005, 10:29 PM
What if you spoof your IP to prevent things like that from happening?

dragons08
11-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Not that easy...they ban your IP address.
i thought you were able to to see what we were saying though?

dragonfootballfan
11-16-2005, 01:00 AM
i thought you were able to to see what we were saying though?
I think that you can, but you cannot post.

RPM
11-16-2005, 10:38 AM
I have said it before... McNabb has a sports hernia which can be described as chronic groin pain. I am sure that all you guys out there would be playing and trying to outrun players like Roy Williams while you have incredible pain in your lower stomach and groin. The fact that he needs surgury should be a green light that this is a serious and painful injury.

And o yeah, he has had badly bruised ribs all year that have not fully healed. Not to mention some calf injuries. And those are only some of the injuries that we know of. I don't remember anybody bashing Steve McNair for trying to play through his injuries. So why is everyone giving Donovan a hard time?

if he was in such pain then why was he jumping up and down when everyone thought philly had made that catch that would of put them in FG range?

I really dont care about black white brown or green..I think DM is a good overall QB who can hurt you in 2 ways...it just seems to me that everytime he messes up he walks of limping..i call it the losers limp not that he is one thats just what i call it..and im not only talking about this season..i believe i have observed this last season as well..

Reaganrattler07
11-16-2005, 06:08 PM
if he was in such pain then why was he jumping up and down when everyone thought philly had made that catch that would of put them in FG range?

I really dont care about black white brown or green..I think DM is a good overall QB who can hurt you in 2 ways...it just seems to me that everytime he messes up he walks of limping..i call it the losers limp not that he is one thats just what i call it..and im not only talking about this season..i believe i have observed this last season as well..

It didn't seem that McNabb was exactly hopping way high, but it looked more like he was moving his arms. I think that hit he took hurt him quite a bit. He has been looking a lot better lately, looked good in Washington and up until that hit, he was good.

southlake thug
11-16-2005, 06:55 PM
I will use Steve McNair as an example agian.. No one ever said anything about him being over-rated when he couldn't win the big game. And it would be safe to say that every time they lost, he was deff. limping.

I do not question McNair's injuries, or will to play. He is one of the gustiest players in the league. But why is DM not getting this same type of attention?