PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Lee

Texasfrog
05-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Tyler Lee finished with a (4-2) record in the Houston Texans 7 on 7 tournament. They play 7 on 7 Thursday against Frankston and Lindale then Saturday they travel to Weatherford to play in the 16 team 7 on 7 Tournament.

Looks like Tyler Lee is getting ready for Fall football huh.. along with about 100 other Texas High school teams. Getting that passing game in tune.. and getting some workouts in to keep in football shape.

Hey CONCHA,,, what are the Colerain, Ohio boys doing right now ? Playing PS2 football doesnt count... sorry buddy.

LP-79
05-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Tyler Lee finished with a (4-2) record in the Houston Texans 7 on 7 tournament. They play 7 on 7 Thursday against Frankston and Lindale then Saturday they travel to Weatherford to play in the 16 team 7 on 7 Tournament.

Looks like Tyler Lee is getting ready for Fall football huh.. along with about 100 other Texas High school teams. Getting that passing game in tune.. and getting some workouts in to keep in football shape.

Hey CONCHA,,, what are the Colerain, Ohio boys doing right now ? Playing PS2 football doesnt count... sorry buddy.
Good for Tyler. But why do you want to get started again with the dummy from Ohio. Lets show him people from Texas have more class than he does. Tyler needs to get all the practice they can if They expect to beat Longview!

Texasfrog
05-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Good for Tyler. But why do you want to get started again with the dummy from Ohio. Lets show him people from Texas have more class than he does. Tyler needs to get all the practice they can if They expect to beat Longview!

O, you got have some fun to sometimes on these boards. That's mostly the reason why. Plus, I am kind of curious what those teams are doing. Something tells me they aint playing football right now.

Its good to see not only Tyler Lee but all the other Texas schools out playing (7 on 7) football. It just still cracks me up when I see someone that doesnt know "jack" about Texas football trying to put it down as inferior and ect and we have 100's of teams out playing football almost all summer to get ready for August practice.

Your right though... Tyler Lee better get ready because Longview looks like they are going to be "for real" this season.

ktCarl
05-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Being from Katy, I ain't no Tyler Lee fan but I am a fan of Texas High School football and all our kids. This being said, I hope the Tyler Lee kids kick some serious booty up in Colerain. Is the game being televised 'cause I can't make the trip. If it is televised I WILL be a Tyler Lee fan for a couple of hours.
Represent us well.

Texasfrog
05-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Being from Katy, I ain't no Tyler Lee fan but I am a fan of Texas High School football and all our kids. This being said, I hope the Tyler Lee kids kick some serious booty up in Colerain. Is the game being televised 'cause I can't make the trip. If it is televised I WILL be a Tyler Lee fan for a couple of hours.
Represent us well.

Yes, the game is suppose to be on one of ESPN's channels on September 9th.
They are billing it the "Texas vs Ohio" weekend because Tyler Lee plays Colerain on Friday night and UT plays Ohio St on Saturday night.

LP-79
05-30-2005, 11:40 AM
O, you got have some fun to sometimes on these boards. That's mostly the reason why. Plus, I am kind of curious what those teams are doing. Something tells me they aint playing football right now.

Its good to see not only Tyler Lee but all the other Texas schools out playing (7 on 7) football. It just still cracks me up when I see someone that doesnt know "jack" about Texas football trying to put it down as inferior and ect and we have 100's of teams out playing football almost all summer to get ready for August practice.

Your right though... Tyler Lee better get ready because Longview looks like they are going to be "for real" this season.
What are your picks to be the playoff teams from that district?

concha
05-30-2005, 02:03 PM
It just still cracks me up when I see someone that doesnt know "jack" about Texas football trying to put it down as inferior

Who did this? Can you show me where?

tick tick tick

Just what I thought.... Texas-sized imaginations and egos that go ape-shiznit at the suggestion that a non-Texas team might actually be able to compete.... Pathetic.

drgnbkr
05-30-2005, 02:43 PM
I suppose if you want to be an ignorant homer for Ohio HS Football, go for it! It might be wise on this board to mix in some logic and it always helps to have a point!

Texasfrog
05-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Who did this? Can you show me where?

tick tick tick

Just what I thought.... Texas-sized imaginations and egos that go ape-shiznit at the suggestion that a non-Texas team might actually be able to compete.... Pathetic.

Never said your team couldnt compete did ! In fact I told you about 100 times that I strongly believe the 2004 Colerain team would fit in nicely with the Texas top #15. " No better , No worse on any given Friday night."

In fact the 2004 Colerain team reminded very much of the 2004 Midland lee team. Athletic QB (Jamie McCoy- Tx A&M), strong running game (Trent Hines- Tx A&M) , big O-line ( 6-2/260), stout d-line ((DT-Leslie Ray- Tx A&M), athletic LBs (Evan Frosch & Mike Cast) and nice secondary(Chevar Bryson- Tx A&M & Anthony Reasno- Univ-houston).

Very similiar overall.. Just that Midland Lee spreads the field and Colerain packs it in with tight formations and runs the mid-line option. Overall though, they were very very equal in team ability and team talent.

So, again.. I told you that 2004 Colerain team is right there with the top #15 2004 Texas teams. You say that's an insult and I say it's "respect".

Again,, I think the top Texas #15 teams are equal on most Friday nights and anyone of them can beat each other.

So, am I insulting the 2004 Colerain team ? NOPE..

I know that you dont know much about Texas High school football so I razze ya about it, "that's all."

Last... I never said "non-Texas" teams couldnt compete with Texas teams. I've also stated many times that:

Texas has about : #15 top flight National level teams every year.
Louisiana has about : Three
Oklahaoma has : Three
Arkansas has : Two
Mississippi has : Two
Alabama has : Three
Florida has about : Four
California has : Five

I'll make my judgement on Ohio here soon from what I see in the game.
I've seen about 4 Ohio title games on tv. I've seen Elder a couple of times and thought they again would be right in there with the Top Texas 15 teams.

Anyway, how about the question I ask you. What are your Colerain boys doing right now buddy ? You see what the Texas boys are doing.

Are the Ohio boys practicing and running patterns and playing intense 7 on 7 competition throughout the summer ?

Again, its just another reason why I think Texas offense's are more advanced than alot of States. They practice almost all summer on timing and route running. Plus, just getting in football shape for August two-days.

I've been on a few Ohio web-sites and havent seen anything about there teams playing 7 on 7 are anything like that. Just figured you might know. :D

Texasfrog
05-30-2005, 03:19 PM
What are your picks to be the playoff teams from that district?

That's a tough question. I'll have to go with Longview and REL of coarse. Those are pretty much no brainers.

I think Mesquite Horn is going to surprise people this season and be pretty tough.

concha
05-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Ohio does not allow Spring practice. A clear advantage for Texas. Despite the advantage, I still take Colerain, though by more later in the season....

concha
05-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Froggy,

BTW, you keep harping on about someone suggesting that Texas football is inferior. I hope you aren't referring to me. If so, please do everyone a favor and prove it.

Texasfrog
05-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Froggy,

BTW, you keep harping on about someone suggesting that Texas football is inferior. I hope you aren't referring to me. If so, please do everyone a favor and prove it.

Your not all over the site talking about how SLC doesnt and cant really play defense ? I'm sorry.. I thought I just read here and on other web-sites how someone by the name of Concha was writing how SLC doesnt really play strong defense. Hmmmmmm. " MY BAD."

Again ... you're comparing Apples to Oranges buddy.

Texasfrog
05-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Ohio does not allow Spring practice. A clear advantage for Texas. Despite the advantage, I still take Colerain, though by more later in the season....

WOW !!!! You would think the mighty football State of Ohio would have football dang all year long .. Spring & Summer (almost like Texas does). Wow.t

Ya, I agree with ya. Even though the Texas kids are basically practicing all year long. The pure superior genetic makeup and DNA of the Ohio kids will come out and they will destroy the inferior genetic Tyler Lee kids. Haaaaaa.

Us fat, lazy, slow Texas people.

Again.. Tyler Lee = 34
colerain = 17

that's my conservative pick.

concha
05-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Your not all over the site talking about how SLC doesnt and cant really play defense ? I'm sorry.. I thought I just read here and on other web-sites how someone by the name of Concha was writing how SLC doesnt really play strong defense. Hmmmmmm. " MY BAD."

Again ... you're comparing Apples to Oranges buddy.

Show me where I have said anything remotely like "SLC doesn't and can't play defense". Your problem is that unless someone says that any and all things Texas are "great", your neurons short out and you go into "accuse and exaggerate" mode. It's comical. All I need to do is something as minor as use the word "good" instead of "awesome" when describing something about a Texas team, and you spend the next half-hour accusing me of calling the team "powderpuff".

Get a life.

concha
05-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Even though the Texas kids are basically practicing all year long. The pure superior genetic makeup and DNA of the Ohio kids will come out and they will destroy the inferior genetic Tyler Lee kids.

How old are you? Where do you get this stuff?

Take your meds. What an embarrassment.

LP-79
05-30-2005, 07:06 PM

I think TexasFrog concha need to have their own thread to put each other down on :D However I still think Tyler Lee will win the game. That is just because I am loyal to our Texas teams, Think we can beat anybody. :eek:

concha
05-30-2005, 07:13 PM
I still think Tyler Lee will win the game. That is just because I am loyal to our Texas teams, Think we can beat anybody. :eek:

Nothing wrong with that. REL has a fine program. As does Colerain.

Favpack
05-30-2005, 07:14 PM
That game is a long way off gang.

Texasfrog
05-30-2005, 07:47 PM

Dip , you're not on this site posting that SLC had one of the worst defenses in Texas State Championship team history ? I guess I'm just seeing things !!

See, the problem with you is you obviously have spent time somewhere looking up Texas stats and you dont even have a clue what the HECK your talking about.

You compare Texas teams from the 60's and 70's and so forth and dont even take into accout how the Texas offensives over the years have changed over the last 7 years into "wide open spread passing offensives".

Your used to that " 3 yards and cloud of dust" offense that you see from 100% of the teams in OHIO. They dont even know what the spread offense is up in Ohio.

That's another reason why I think Tyler Lee is going to blow the doors off of Colerain. IF defensives arent used to seeing that type of offense its tough to get ready for it in "ONE WEEK".

I can tell you really dont know much about football. You seem to think that its easy to defend that , but's its not going to be.

It wouldnt of been easy for the 2004 Colerain team to defend it. They "NEVER SAW IT" before. A team like SLC, ENNlIS and a handful other strong Texas spread offensive teams would of put more points on them last year than anyone in Ohio.

Yes , I said that.. " 2004 SLC would of put more points on the 2004 Colerain team than anyone in OHIO."

Also, if you think Colerain QB from last year; Goodman would have all those 50 yard untouched touchdowns like he did against Mckinley your CRAZY !!

Just be here to explain why Colerain "DOESNT PLAY DEFENSE" after that Tyler Lee game. I cant wait to hear your excuse.

wide-e-wide
05-30-2005, 07:49 PM
I'll be the one that finally stands up and says it............

Both of you ******* shut up!!!

Sorry KT...had to be done.

KT's Note- Edited for lang. Understand your feeling, but we can't have that on the board. Thanks!

drgnbkr
05-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Huh? Who's a *****?

Red Raiders
05-30-2005, 08:40 PM
That's a tough question. I'll have to go with Longview and REL of coarse. Those are pretty much no brainers.

I think Mesquite Horn is going to surprise people this season and be pretty tough.

12-5A district are getting more powerful next year.

concha
05-30-2005, 08:54 PM
Dip , you're not on this site posting that SLC had one of the worst defenses in Texas State Championship team history ? I guess I'm just seeing things !! [No, I showed a post from another TEXAS site, made by a Texan I believe, showing the stats. Read. It's not tough.]

See, the problem with you is you obviously have spent time somewhere looking up Texas stats and you dont even have a clue what the HECK your talking about.

You compare Texas teams from the 60's and 70's and so forth and dont even take into accout how the Texas offensives over the years have changed over the last 7 years into "wide open spread passing offensives".

Your used to that " 3 yards and cloud of dust" offense that you see from 100% of the teams in OHIO. They dont even know what the spread offense is up in Ohio. [You just aren't very bright are you? MOST teams in Ohio pass at least 1/3 of the time]

That's another reason why I think Tyler Lee is going to blow the doors off of Colerain. IF defensives arent used to seeing that type of offense its tough to get ready for it in "ONE WEEK". [Lot's of option programs in Texas, eh? Not from what I hear.]

I can tell you really dont know much about football. You seem to think that its easy to defend that , but's its not going to be. [And you know little about truth and accuracy (and integrity...). But, hey, why let those ideas cramp your style?]

It wouldnt of been easy for the 2004 Colerain team to defend it. They "NEVER SAW IT" before. A team like SLC, ENNlIS and a handful other strong Texas spread offensive teams would of put more points on them last year than anyone in Ohio.

Yes , I said that.. " 2004 SLC would of put more points on the 2004 Colerain team than anyone in OHIO." [OK, I'll believe that]

Also, if you think Colerain QB from last year; Goodman would have all those 50 yard untouched touchdowns like he did against Mckinley your CRAZY !!

Just be here to explain why Colerain "DOESNT PLAY DEFENSE" after that Tyler Lee game. I cant wait to hear your excuse.

PackAttack2005
05-30-2005, 09:07 PM
There are 101 days until this game is played, I will guarantee this discussion will not have much importance when all the other teams hit the field in August. How are we going to survive this the next 69 days, it is a no win situation for both of them. The answer will be when the game is played Sptember 9th.

Lp78
05-30-2005, 09:17 PM
I'll be the one that finally stands up and says it............

Both of you *****ES shut up!!!

Sorry KT...had to be done.

LOL Can't we all just get along! At least agree to disagree!

Tyler Lee will do the talking on the field for Texas.

Texasfrog
05-30-2005, 09:50 PM
LOL Can't we all just get along! At least agree to disagree!

Tyler Lee will do the talking on the field for Texas.

Ya, you're right. Just that this clown and his little (California buddy on another web-site) keep degrading Texas football. I love it, he keeps showing up and he'll post something negative about Texas football (that he knows nothing about) than denies that he post negative stuff about Texas football.

I've already said it a few times and I'll say it again. I'll let the Tyler Lee boy do my talking.

I just want him to be here "LIKE A MAN" when the game is over and explain what happen. I'm sure it will be alot "last years team", "next years team" and "that player" and "those players" kind of double talk to why things happened.

This is probably after Tyler Lee puts more points on Colerain than any team has done in probably 10 years. Watch...

The sad thing is I seriously doubt that his ever seen SLC, Lufkin or any handful of so called elite Texas teams play. But, he sure has an opinion on Texas teams doesnt he....

Tyler Lee = 34
Colerain = 17

Probably worse than that..

Lp78
05-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I've seen some of his stat's from past team's defense. LMAO :eek: Makes you wonder if he really knows anything about football. Heck you could use the same thing in grading College or Pro Football from the past. It really doesn't matter what he thinks. Win State & don't worry about what anybody else says. Longview & Lufkin both beat Lee last year. So what, Lee is still the D-1 State Champs. :D

concha
05-31-2005, 05:50 AM
I'll say it again, Frog.

Get some stones and show all these quotes where I degrade Texas football.

You are liar. How sad.

In all your readings of what I have written, how have you missed things like "SLC is probably stronger than any Ohio program of recent years", where I have spoken highly of Texas' depth at the highest tier of teams... etc etc.

I'll tell you: Because you are a the worst kind of homer. You look for insult wherever you can, and if you can't find it, you make it up or twist what was said to fit your needs.

Has anyone noticed how I have challenged this clown to back up his accusations? And more than once? But where are the quotes? Nowhere. Because Frog is a liar, right Frog?

Show the quotes, Frog. Get a pair and show them.

concha
05-31-2005, 05:52 AM
[QUOTE=Texasfrog]Ya, you're right. Just that this clown and his little (California buddy on another web-site) keep degrading Texas football. I love it, he keeps showing up and he'll post something negative about Texas football (that he knows nothing about) than denies that he post negative stuff about Texas football. [Why is it that you can't back up the accusation, liar? :rolleyes: ]

QUOTE]

wide-e-wide
05-31-2005, 06:42 AM
Did you two used to date or something? Good Lord...
Frog give him his CD's back already....

concha
05-31-2005, 08:36 AM
Did you two used to date or something? Good Lord...
Frog give him his CD's back already....

If for some odd reason Frog has CDs of mine he can have them.

I would just like to see an end to the lies and distortions about my posts. It is ridiculous.

If I say something positive about about Colerain, his take is that I am calling REL (heck, all Texans) inferior beings. I have no problem with people challenging what I say. But to to twist and lie in order to challenge it? No. Frog needs to grow up, to read more carefully and learn to disengage his ego and imagination.

w-e-w,
I'm sure you have noticed that despite all of the assinine accusations and distortions he has made, he has yet to post a quote to back it up despite being called out.....

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-31-2005, 09:56 AM
There are 101 days until this game is played, I will guarantee this discussion will not have much importance when all the other teams hit the field in August. How are we going to survive this the next 69 days, it is a no win situation for both of them. The answer will be when the game is played Sptember 9th.
Yeah September 9th. dont be worried about ya fellow deep east texans.

Memorial, we have a problem! :D

LP-79
05-31-2005, 11:36 AM
Scooter why don't you argue with Concha? Oh right.. You are not a fool! LOL Never argue with anybody that has a closed mind!

tylerleeQB11
05-31-2005, 12:48 PM
Represent us well.

It most definetly is, itll be on one of the ESPN stations on September 10th.

tylerleeQB11
05-31-2005, 12:49 PM
It most definetly is, itll be on one of the ESPN stations on September 10th.

ex that, its the 9th, my bad

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Scooter why don't you argue with Concha? Oh right.. You are not a fool! LOL Never argue with anybody that has a closed mind!aww man you just gave me the quote of the day for tomorrow!! :)

Never argue with anybody that has a closed mind

great!

concha
05-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Never argue with anybody that has a closed mind

great!

Exactly what have I said that shows me to be "closed-minded"?

If possible, try to use an actual quote, as what you may have read from TexasFrog are generally lies and distortions.

wide-e-wide
05-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Scooter why don't you argue with Concha? Oh right.. You are not a fool! LOL Never argue with anybody that has a closed mind!

Or lack there of.

concha
06-01-2005, 07:59 AM
For any REL fans and non-TexasFrog supplicants who are out there and interested at all, Colerain linebacker Cobrani Mixon (6'2" 220 lbs 4.6 sec) was offered by Michigan State and LSU yesterday. He is, obviously, one of their star defensive players.

ktchamp97
06-01-2005, 08:14 AM
If nothing else, he certainly belongs on the "All-Name" team. Now that is a linebacker name! Congrats to Mr. Mixon.

concha
06-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Mixon has also gotten an offer from Ohio State. He's becoming a popular lad.... Must be the cool linebacker name.

Texasfrog
06-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Tyler Lee just won two more (7 on 7) games yesterday. They blew out Lindale and Frankston like 55-7 in both games.

Tyler Lee plays in the Weathorford tournament this weekend.

To Concha, Congrats to the Mixon kid getting two offers (Michigan St and LSU).. Heck, maybe Tyler Lee should forfet the game now.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
06-03-2005, 12:05 PM
To Concha, Congrats to the Mixon kid getting two offers (Michigan St and LSU).. Heck, maybe Tyler Lee should forfet the game now.
LMAO!! Tyler Lee better watch out for that team full of blue chips...LOL Colleges are knocking on Colerian's door, Lee better be scared now....LOL :D :rolleyes:

concha
06-03-2005, 11:15 PM
So much for friendly, crap-free exchange of information about the teams.

Maybe Colerain should call it off because REL crushed a pair of nobodies in 7 on 7?

Texasfrog
06-03-2005, 11:23 PM
LMAO!! Tyler Lee better watch out for that team full of blue chips...LOL Colleges are knocking on Colerian's door, Lee better be scared now....LOL :D :rolleyes:

I know. It's like the first time in Tyler Lee's history ( I think) that their playing against a team that has a D-1A Linebacker. Hahaha.

Texasfrog
06-03-2005, 11:25 PM
So much for friendly, crap-free exchange of information about the teams.

Maybe Colerain should call it off because REL crushed a pair of nobodies in 7 on 7?

Lets see.. I dont think "I've EVER called any Ohio team (NODODIES)"

Since you're from Ohio , I guess that makes you an expert on Lindale, Tx.

concha
06-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Lets see.. I dont think "I've EVER called any Ohio team (NODODIES)"

Since you're from Ohio , I guess that makes you an expert on Lindale, Tx.

An expert? No.

Given that are a losing record, 3A program, maybe I just should have said "lower division mediocre program but potentially a legend in Texasfrog's mind"?

Apologies.

Lp78
06-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Lindale and Frankston are not teams I would brag about beating in 7 on 7.
To go from being the D-1 State Champs & then say hay, we beat these two teams 50something to zippppppppp.

Texasfrog
06-04-2005, 01:10 AM
An expert? No.

Given that are a losing record, 3A program, maybe I just should have said "lower division mediocre program but potentially a legend in Texasfrog's mind"?

Apologies.

Lindale has had some strong teams in the past seasons and they never go without quality athletes. There are several Lindale kids playing major D-1A football and doing well. Just so you know "EXPERT". 7 on 7 is more of pass skel drills than anything. Its about more than anything getting out and runnng routes and getting timing down and having fun.

I didnt post the scores to "IMPRESS YOU". I put them out so others could look at. Maybe you need to go tell the Tyler newspaper not to post them huh.

I even put in there that they are going to play this weekend in Weatherford in a pretty large 7 on 7 tournament.

Please.. you again trying to act like you know Texas football is INSULTING to say the very least. Stick to something you know " a little" about like Ohio football.

Texasfrog
06-04-2005, 01:20 AM
An expert? No.

Apologies.

Ya, Lindale is a legend in my mind. Lets see ... Can you even name me one Lindale kid playing major college football ? Hmmmmmm, that's what I thought.

wide-e-wide
06-04-2005, 01:20 AM
Frog...your status has now been elevated to that of obsessive...
let it go dawg...please..
Concha is not talking smack....at least not anymore...
stop it. please.
who cares?

Red Raiders
06-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Lindale has had some strong teams in the past seasons and they never go without quality athletes. There are several Lindale kids playing major D-1A football and doing well. Just so you know "EXPERT". 7 on 7 is more of pass skel drills than anything. Its about more than anything getting out and runnng routes and getting timing down and having fun.

I didnt post the scores to "IMPRESS YOU". I put them out so others could look at. Maybe you need to go tell the Tyler newspaper not to post them huh.

I even put in there that they are going to play this weekend in Weatherford in a pretty large 7 on 7 tournament.

Please.. you again trying to act like you know Texas football is INSULTING to say the very least. Stick to something you know " a little" about like Ohio football.

Earl Campbell has a nephew thats going into 10th plays for varsity for Lindale. I am impressed.

Shoot2thrill
06-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Frog...your status has now been elevated to that of obsessive...
let it go dawg...please..
Concha is not talking smack....at least not anymore...
stop it. please.
who cares?

Roger that. I was sick of that crap about 200 posts ago. :mad:

myround0
06-04-2005, 09:42 PM
I know. It's like the first time in Tyler Lee's history ( I think) that their playing against a team that has a D-1A Linebacker. Hahaha.

I agree frog, it is like no one knows Earl Campbell played both side of the ball at John Tyler, he was a middle linebacker, I am sure Tyler Lee has never played agaisnt a potential NFL superstar let alone he (Earl Campbell) was a cross town rival. Oh did I fail to mention Bobby Taylor played corner at Longview. Tyler Lee has never faced a D-1 player...get real Tyler Lee, I am sure is up for the challenge.

Lp78
06-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Not trying to be a smart @.. but Bobby Taylor played Safty in H.S.. He was moved to corner in college.

Texasfrog
06-05-2005, 12:53 AM
I agree frog, it is like no one knows Earl Campbell played both side of the ball at John Tyler, he was a middle linebacker, I am sure Tyler Lee has never played agaisnt a potential NFL superstar let alone he (Earl Campbell) was a cross town rival. Oh did I fail to mention Bobby Taylor played corner at Longview. Tyler Lee has never faced a D-1 player...get real Tyler Lee, I am sure is up for the challenge.

I agree with ya buddy. I know the caliber of teams & athletes that Tyler Lee has faced over the years. I could almost give you a list. The list would be very long and very impressive of the athletes that have played against Tyler Lee.

I think almost every team Tyler Lee will play against this year will have at least 1 D-1A athlete and a few will have up to 4 to 6.

concha
06-05-2005, 06:39 AM

Frog,

Do you think that this incessant grade school level crap might be what got you booted off the other site?

I posted information that might be of interest about a team that is playing the defending Texas big school champions. You come back with something most of us left behind in the sandbox at kindergarten.

Texasfrog
06-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Frog,

Do you think that this incessant grade school level crap might be what got you booted off the other site?

posted information that might be of interest about a team that is playing the defending Texas big school champions. You come back with something most of us left behind in the sandbox at kindergarten.

You just posted some information about the team ?????

No I think you called Lindale " abunch of nobodies." If that is your idea of posting information ,, WOW. Go figure huh ?? I guy from Ohio that has never even probably been to the Tyler, Tx area in his life just posted information about them by calling them , " abunch of nobodies."

I just posted their (REL) results from the local Tyler area (Trinity Mother Francis 7 on 7 passing tournament) amigo. You come back and call some of those Texas teams , "abunch of noboddies."

So dont sit here and tell me that you just posted some comments about a team AMIGO. You insulted not only many of the teams in the (Trinity Mother Francis tournament) but the kids and coaches in them ok AMIGO.

But,hey, Tyler Lee just qualified for the STATE of TEXAS 7 on 7 tournament by being runner-up in Weatherford qualifier by beating Colleyville Heritage, FW All-Saints, Mansfield and Abilene. Is this where you come back and call them "No bodies ?" Just wondering.

dragonsdaddy
06-05-2005, 11:52 AM
earl didn't play both sides of the ball at the same time. he played lb as a jr and rb his sr year.

sweetpea
06-05-2005, 11:58 AM
wrong, Earl played both sides in high school. Not every play, but he did. I was a soph. on Lp team and i should know. That man put a few out of the game at Lber.

dragonsdaddy
06-05-2005, 12:46 PM
his jr year in hs he only played lb. he only played rb against plano his sr year. i can't speak for the rest of the games, but i assumed he didn't play lb much as a senior if he didn't in the po's.

Lp78
06-05-2005, 01:20 PM
wrong, Earl played both sides in high school. Not every play, but he did. I was a soph. on Lp team and i should know. That man put a few out of the game at Lber.

Yep, The Earl Campbell & Tommy Ash show! That game was a blood bath.

Red Raiders
06-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Frog,

I posted information that might be of interest about a team that is playing the defending Texas big school champions. You come back with something most of us left behind in the sandbox at kindergarten.

Hey dude, if you caling us bunch of nobodies, don't even be here, we don't want you in here. All I am telling you is Texas has the best football then any other states. Your state probably sucks in football but probably good in basketball.

concha
06-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Hey dude, if you caling us bunch of nobodies [Where does this come from?], don't even be here, we don't want you in here. All I am telling you is Texas has the best football then any other states [Quite possibly, though English grammar classes might be a little sub-par]. Your state probably sucks in football but probably good in basketball. [Okey-dokey. Is this in your nationally-respected opinion? Do you even know what state I am from?]

World,

Meet TexasFrog, Jr.

wide-e-wide
06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
earl didn't play both sides of the ball at the same time. he played lb as a jr and rb his sr year.

I don't know that anyone has ever played both sides of the
ball at the same time...wouldn't he get flagged for offsides?
Sorry...had to be a smart@..

Red Raiders
06-07-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't know that anyone has ever played both sides of the
ball at the same time...wouldn't he get flagged for offsides?
Sorry...had to be a smart@..

Maybe thats just in the 70s.

concha
06-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Some updates on Colerain's blue chippers:

Cobrani "Cobra" Mixon (LB): Ohio State, Meatchicken, LSU, Meatchicken State, Louisville [They may be just after this kid for his name...]

Connor Smith (o-line): Ohio State, Meatchicken, USC, Oklahoma, LSU, Tennessee, Louisville and many others apparently

Terrance Sherrer (RB): Minnesota, Iowa(?)

Tyler Moeller (LB): VTech, Iowa, Indiana

O-lineman Eric Ornella has an offer from Duke (apparently he has a big brain).

I know REL's QB and RB and the secondary are highly regarded.... who are their standouts and where are they getting looks from?

Texasfrog
06-08-2005, 11:41 AM
To early right now to really know. Alot of the Tyler Lee kids will really make there name during their SENIOR year. Plus, they will have alot of underclassmen starting for them this season (JR's) that a few of them are D-1A caliber.

I know that QB- Preston Hill is getting looked at by TCU pretty hard. He'll end up with a handful of offers at the end of the year.

Rb- Jason Williams will get several offers before the season is over. His a D-1A caliber player with his size & speed (6-0/205/4.5) kid that averaged over 7 yds per carry as a back-up last season.

The Junior "FS" T. Cuba (6-3/190/4.5) will be a national recruit next season. His that caliber of player.

Dt-Mckenzie will probably get offers to places like North Tx, Baylor, Tulsa or La Tech. His a pretty stout DT that has some good wheels and nice size (6-1/250) approx.

Just guessing. I would say that anywhere from 3 to 4 Tyler Lee seniors will go D-1A this recruiting season with probably 3 or so Juniors that are D-1A caliber players.

Ball Park numbers, I would say there is 7 (Sr/Jr) total on the Tyler Lee team that will be playing D-1A football for someone.

Plus, I heard they got a really nice transfer kid from a local Tyler Private school that is probably going to be the starting "LT" that has alot of skill and might end up being a D-1 caliber player. His suppose to be about (6-4/265) and was a local Private school basketball stud, he wanted to play football and the private school didnt have football so he enrolled at Tyler Lee. So, he might end up being a pretty good athlete for them somewhere on either the D-line or O-line.

concha
06-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Every now and then I turn off "ignore". Nice to see a reasoned response that doesn't automatically go into attack mode and assume I'm trying to belittle Texas or REL.

It looks like we could have an interesting matchup between RELs QB and RB and the LB tandem of Mixon and Moeller, who is a smaller LB with very good speed/quickness.

Ditto with Colerain's o-line (with Smith and Ornella) up against McKenzie.

The Cuba kid is a safety, right? With his height (vision), decent weight and speed, REL would do well to line him up with the LBs, seeing as his talents would be wasted somewhat waiting around for passes against Colerain (but then again....).

I am unsure of Colerain's underclassmen apart from Eugene Clifford, who by all reports will be a highly recruited D1A player. It looked as though he would move from the defensive secondary (where he started as a sophomore) to fill in the vacant QB spot, but now it appears he will stay on D. I think they could use him there given the quality of REL's QB.

Jtate862003
06-08-2005, 12:23 PM
i know that you guys are just exchanging info for fans sake......but if we want to know we can look it up.....i mean noone on here has ties to the team that i am aware of......and there is no "I" in team....the last year lee team was probably not one of the more talented teams but they played together as a team.......so blue red orang pink or yellow chip recruits do not matter i think lee proved that last yr. so unless your a player act your age and have simple and informative conversations.....oo btw texas frog your more of a disgrace to a former graduate of LEE than anything...and im sure im not the only one that thinks it....as for you concha...just stop trying to get in the last word..you wanna talk about kindergarten sand boxes....you 2 are reminding us all of a brother sister who one or the other is trying to get in the last word....GROW UP

concha
06-08-2005, 12:30 PM
i know that you guys are just exchanging info for fans sake......but if we want to know we can look it up.....i mean noone on here has ties to the team that i am aware of......and there is no "I" in team....the last year lee team was probably not one of the more talented teams but they played together as a team.......so blue red orang pink or yellow chip recruits do not matter i think lee proved that last yr. so unless your a player act your age and have simple and informative conversations.....oo btw texas frog your more of a disgrace to a former graduate of LEE than anything...and im sure im not the only one that thinks it....as for you concha...just stop trying to get in the last word..you wanna talk about kindergarten sand boxes....you 2 are reminding us all of a brother sister who one or the other is trying to get in the last word....GROW UP

Time to get back to English class, little man. You need it.

I'm not sure where your little fit came from, but it was entirely uncalled for. Nothing in the prior couple of posts warranted your verbal vomit.

Why are you still reading Jtate? I told you to get back to class.....

Texasfrog
06-08-2005, 12:37 PM
I love it man. I think me and Concha will agree on this one. The last few post were pretty exchangable and argue free between us. . Just two people talking football.

Second and foremost. I'm not a REL alum. My background is Lufkin there junior. But, I do have some friends that are REL alums (football players) that I played with in college,,, and I know a coach or two with ties at the program. I can promise you they dont have the same opinion you do. Plus, I dont think I've ever degraded REL in anyway Junior.

Its really not about REL to me. Its about Texas football !

But, everyone has a right to an opinion. Even you. Now, go back to the licking on the sucker.

I'm still rooting for REL because of all the other people that I know at REL and their 1st class ways.

concha
06-08-2005, 12:51 PM
I love it man. I think me and Concha will agree on this one.

The End of the World is Upon Us.

Texasfrog
06-08-2005, 03:21 PM
The End of the World is Upon Us.

Ya, I thought I felt some rumbling outside.

Mr_Clean
06-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I pity the person who unleashes both Concha and Texasfrog on themself. :D :D :D

Red Raiders
06-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Ya, I thought I felt some rumbling outside.

Ummmm ok....

Get back to Tyler Lee topic.

pack0808
06-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Time to get back to English class, little man. You need it.

I'm not sure where your little fit came from, but it was entirely uncalled for. Nothing in the prior couple of posts warranted your verbal vomit.

Why are you still reading Jtate? I told you to get back to class.....

i have not said anything to you concha but you are starting to irritate me. you are proud of ohio hs football and that is fine, but you are now calling some of the veterans of this board illiterate which is uncalled for. talk football and limit the personal attacks please. i would never go into a ohio football website and attack them personally because that would show immaturity and a lack of class. so are you going to get on me for not capitalizing and for not using correct punctuation?? :rolleyes: this is a hs football board not english class. go drink a "pop" and relax a little it is ok. lol

concha
06-09-2005, 10:31 AM
i have not said nothing to you concha but you are starting to irritate me. you are proud of ohio hs football and that is fine, but you are now calling some of the veterans of this board illiterate which is uncalled for. talk football and limit the personal attacks please. i would never go into a ohio football website and attack them personally because that would show immaturity and a lack of class. so are you going to get on me for not capitalizing and for not using correct punctuation?? :rolleyes: this is a hs football board not english class. go drink a "pop" and relax a little it is ok. lol

Pack,

Before posting this, did you bother to take 30 seconds of your very valuable time to check the crap that this so-called "veteran" decided to post? If that had been directed at you, would you have felt it to be warranted (check the two prior very civil posts that actually discuss ...football!)? Was this "veteran" making a valuable contribution to the board? Did you notice any pertinent football discussion on his post?

If your exalted "veteran" wishes to avoid responses to his uncalled for crapola, then tell HIM to keep HIMSELF in check. Simple.

pack0808
06-09-2005, 10:44 AM
he never got as personal as you did. you took it to the extreme!! i know you have a sarcastic nature and that is probably why you tend to make poster's upset a little. i can relate because i am very sarcastic at times. either way it is your choice how you choose to respond but i am going to defend a friend every time. let's debate football instead of going at each other personally. i will argue for days with anybody about sports just ask around. it is nothing personal though. :)

concha
06-09-2005, 10:54 AM
i know that you guys are just exchanging info for fans sake......but if we want to know we can look it up.....i mean noone on here has ties to the team that i am aware of......and there is no "I" in team....the last year lee team was probably not one of the more talented teams but they played together as a team.......so blue red orang pink or yellow chip recruits do not matter i think lee proved that last yr. so unless your a player act your age and have simple and informative conversations.....oo btw texas frog your more of a disgrace to a former graduate of LEE than anything...and im sure im not the only one that thinks it....as for you concha.....you wanna talk about kindergarten sand boxes....you 2 are reminding us all of a brother sister who one or the other is trying to get in the last word....GROW UP

So we bored this poor guy, apparently. He didn't approve of the football topic. But, hey, he's a "veteran".

And calling someone a "disgrace" and then making kindergarten references and telling people who are having a civil discussion to "grow up"? That's Ok.

All this is nothing compared to an "English class" response which HE provoked to begin with?

Get real.

Red Raiders
06-09-2005, 11:27 AM
So we bored this poor guy, apparently. He didn't approve of the football topic. But, hey, he's a "veteran".

And calling someone a "disgrace" and then making kindergarten references and telling people who are having a civil discussion to "grow up"? That's Ok.

All this is nothing compared to an "English class" response which HE provoked to begin with?

Get real.

Why are you proud of Ohio and not proud of our team then why are you in this board, why don't you go Ohio board if you think there going to win easy. I bet you think were better though because your in here.

pack0808
06-09-2005, 11:36 AM
now i see why you get on peoples nerves. i am not even going to bother with you man. you obviously are a last word freak and think you are above others considering the way you talk to them. does ohio not have any foobtall sites you can frequent?? maybe you will get along better with people that agree with every thing you say about football. i have better things to do with my very valuable time, as you described it, then to sit here and bicker with you about nothing. :rolleyes: i see that your about impossible to have a discussion with like many others have said. did you ever think there might be something to that or do you really believe it is a coinsidence and it has nothing to do with you?? or are you one of those who just do not care??

Jtate862003
06-09-2005, 11:37 AM
THanx Pack, Thanx Red Raiders...i personally had not been on the board for several days then i came back and read some of the crap that Concha called posts..........im personally tired of seeeing his stupid posts.....and me as a veteran or not shoudlnt matter.....

With all this said

GO TYLER LEE WHOOP COLERAIN......

Mr_Clean
06-09-2005, 11:40 AM
I personally enjoy reading posts from people that are from states other than Louisiana. I've never had a problem getting along with Concha, and I hope that you guys don't hold it against us just because we are from Ohio or Louisiana.

concha
06-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Why are you proud of Ohio and not proud of our team then why are you in this board, why don't you go Ohio board if you think there going to win easy. I bet you think were better though because your in here.

1) I am proud of Ohio becasue that's where I grew up. I am an Ohioan and proud of my state and its football. Imagine that.

2) You are right. I am not proud of REL. I have no association with REL, so why would I? Does this mean I hate REL? No. That I think REL isn't good? No (quite the opposite, in fact).

3) Where have I said that Colerain will win easily? I have pointed out what I see as strengths and weaknesses on each side. I DO think the Cards will win, but if I thought it would be easy I wouldn't be here. I am here to learn about a matchup between two great programs.

Why all the xenophobia? Someone shows up from another state and lots of you guys act like there's an invasion going on. No interest in other viewpoints or hearing about who you are going to face?

wide-e-wide
06-09-2005, 11:45 AM
xenophobia? I thought that was when you are
afraid on copying machines....
You get bonus points for using the $20 word.

Red Raiders
06-09-2005, 12:02 PM
1) I am proud of Ohio becasue that's where I grew up. I am an Ohioan and proud of my state and its football. Imagine that.

2) You are right. I am not proud of REL. I have no association with REL, so why would I? Does this mean I hate REL? No. That I think REL isn't good? No (quite the opposite, in fact).

3) Where have I said that Colerain will win easily? I have pointed out what I see as strengths and weaknesses on each side. I DO think the Cards will win, but if I thought it would be easy I wouldn't be here. I am here to learn about a matchup between two great programs.

Why all the xenophobia? Someone shows up from another state and lots of you guys act like there's an invasion going on. No interest in other viewpoints or hearing about who you are going to face?

Lol, why were you posting other threads too if you not going to post on Ohio Board? Seems like if Ohio wins then you will probably brag and then leave. There is alot of other teams in Texas can beat Colerain very bad so stop saying you will think Ohio will win, Tyler Lee will do something to stop them. I know you will say no they won't. I don't want to hear bragging about Ohio, I don't care about them (just football) because I know alot of other teams in Texas can beat Ohio. I know your so against East Texas because there powerful. When the game over between 2 of them, are you going leave the board? I think not, you will still post alot of other threads to talk about Ohio, LOL.

concha
06-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I personally enjoy reading posts from people that are from states other than Louisiana. I've never had a problem getting along with Concha, and I hope that you guys don't hold it against us just because we are from Ohio or Louisiana.

Clean,

The reaction here is unbelievable.

This Jtate jumps on Texasfrog and I for having a civilized conversation about the recruits for each team, jumps in with a juvenile attack post - but that's ok. Jump on concha.....

And then there's all these accusations of how I'm supposedly attacking REL and Texas... but nobody can show me where I supposedly did this.

Mr_Clean
06-09-2005, 12:27 PM
With interstate play skyrocketing the last few years, it's no surprise that out-of-state newbies like myself are posting on message boards from faraway (and nearby) states.

There are a couple of Texas guys that frequent the Ohio boards, for example.

I think some of you guys that are riled up are in high school and that's great. I would like to be young again myself, but maybe you guys don't realize that some of us older folk try to follow high school football nationwide.

I'm here to learn about Texas teams and share any Louisiana info if anyone is interested. If someone calls me out, then I expect that I'll respond, though.

:p :p :p

concha
06-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Lol, why were you posting other threads too if you not going to post on Ohio Board? [Huh?] Seems like if Ohio wins then you will probably brag and then leave. [It's "Colerain", not "Ohio", and no i wasn't planning on bragging but you are rapidly changing my mind] There is alot of other teams in Texas can beat Colerain very bad [Like who? You know this? WHere's the proof?] so stop saying you will think Ohio will win, Tyler Lee will do something to stop them. I know you will say no they won't. I don't want to hear bragging about Ohio [Bragging? WHere have I Bragged. Show me. Prove it.], I don't care about them (just football) because I know alot of other teams in Texas can beat Ohio [Sure you do...] . I know your so against East Texas because there powerful. [I am? Where have I badmouthed East Texas? What is this? Why do people just make crap up?] When the game over between 2 of them, are you going leave the board? I think not, you will still post alot of other threads to talk about Ohio, LOL.

RockinL
06-09-2005, 01:12 PM
I also like reading post from folks from other states. Not that I always agree with their opinions, but moreso, I usually learn something about another team that I didnt know. Take Colerain for example....before last year, I hadnt heard of them.

I think alot of it has to do with age, and having traveled to other places besides his/her neck of the woods.
On the other hand...there are some ADULTS on these boards that always want to have the last word....and yes, some even resort to name calling and stereotyping. Where a person is from has nothing to do with his/her grammer and composition BTW. I've seen it on every board Ive been on.

One question I have is....why is there always more non Texans on Texas boards than Texans on other state boards?
Not that it's a bad thing, actually I think it's a good thing.

One more thing....even though Texasfrog does ramble sometimes, he also at times, post some good info.

concha
06-09-2005, 01:19 PM
I also like reading post from folks from other states. Not that I always agree with their opinions, but moreso, I usually learn something about another team that I didnt know. Take Colerain for example....before last year, I hadnt heard of them.

I think alot of it has to do with age, and having traveled to other places besides his/her neck of the woods.
On the other hand...there are some ADULTS on these boards that always want to have the last word....and yes, some even resort to name calling and stereotyping. Where a person is from has nothing to do with his/her grammer and composition BTW. [I assume this was aimed at me. I would point out that no reference to where he was from was made to Jtate. None at all. Though he revels in mentioning the word "Ohio". I would laso point out that he started with the crap-slinging.] I've seen it on every board Ive been on.

One question I have is....why is there always more non Texans on Texas boards than Texans on other state boards? [I don't think there are many non-Texans here, are there? Anyway, over on texashsfootball.com there are many non-Texans due to the fact that the site has probably the most active NATIONAL board currently going. I would point out that there are now Texans on Ohio sites due to the REL-Colerain game, though SuperCentex has been visiting Ohio sites for years.]Not that it's a bad thing, actually I think it's a good thing.

One more thing....even though Texasfrog does ramble sometimes, he also at times, post some good info.

farmerfan
06-09-2005, 02:53 PM
I am one who also enjoys the insight that is added from the non natives. WLB does a great job of posting useless banter on other boards out of state. I enjoy reading out of state boards almost as much as this one, but have never posted. I think you guys are getting onto Conch for doing nothing wrong.
He came over here seeking to hype up a game between REL and Colerain, Colerain was a very dominating football team last year and would have beaten many Texas teams. But because he might not always see things out of the lone star shaded glasses we all jump on him and make him public enemy number 1? Thats not right, he has every right to respond to accusations as we all do, and it does not matter if he is new or from out of state, the knowledge that he brings to this board is more than a lot of other people can say. I hope Concha stays on the board and keeps adding his insight.

concha
06-09-2005, 03:07 PM
farmerfan,

Thanks for voice of reason.

pack0808
06-09-2005, 03:17 PM
i never got onto concha for being from ohio i told him i thought it was ridiculous that he called jtate those names. it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he was from ohio. i do not care if other fans from other state's come here to chat as long as they are respectful and are not rude and arrogant. i could care less if he thinks ohio is the greatest football state on the planet. it is not about that. hey, i have nothing against the guy i just did not like what he said to one of my friends from this board. simple as that!!

concha
06-09-2005, 03:24 PM
never got onto concha for being from ohio i told him i thought it was ridiculous that he called jtate those names. it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he was from ohio. i do not care if other fans from other state's come here to chat as long as they are respectful and are not rude and arrogant. i could care less if he thinks ohio is the greatest football state on the plane. it is not about that. hey, i have nothing against the guy i just did not like what he said to one of my friends from this board. simple as that!!

I think your efforts would be put to better use advising your friend to not talk smack to others in a conversation the was both civil and about football.

wide-e-wide
06-09-2005, 03:31 PM
drink a "pop" and relax...
that was pretty funny..."you guys" knock it off.

pack0808
06-09-2005, 03:54 PM
lol i am over it wide. i think he could go on for days so i will gladly say uncle. :) and lmao at you guys. it is funny when my grandparents come down from iowa to visit lufkin. my grandma asked the randall's clerk where the pop was and she led her to the popcorn isle. lmao

wide-e-wide
06-09-2005, 03:59 PM
I can remember your mom saying "you guys" to us when
we were kids...we would die laughing and she'd tell us to
shut up.lol...

concha
06-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Wehn I moved to Cincy as a kid (from New England), some of these things struck me as odd also. "Pop" instead od "soda"? "Gym shoes", not "sneakers"?

People from around Cincy will also frequently say "please?" if they didn't hear you instead of "what"? It comes from the heavy German history in the area ("bitte"?).

They're weird, y'all.

wide-e-wide
06-09-2005, 04:06 PM
I lived out in Phoenix for a while and they call it
"soda water"...I was like what? It's coke...even if
it's Dr. Pepper in Texas it's a coke no matter what.

concha
06-09-2005, 04:11 PM

Pepsi must love it down there.

RockinL
06-09-2005, 04:11 PM
In the words of that great southern humorist, Lewis Grizzard...."God has a southern accent".

:D

RockinL
06-09-2005, 04:13 PM

When I was growing up it was all...."cocola" :)

Jtate862003
06-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Frog,

This will be my last post about this ridiculous nonsense.....concha i have nothing against you or your supposed GREAT BLUE CHIP team from ohio.......the onl reason i had anything against you in the first place was bc of the post above...i do believe your the one who first mentioned grade level and kindergarten stuff.............but one last thing i sure am glad yall are playing at home bc after the whooping lee is gonna give yall it would be a long plane ride home.

Red Raiders
06-09-2005, 05:46 PM
i never got onto concha for being from ohio i told him i thought it was ridiculous that he called jtate those names. it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he was from ohio. i do not care if other fans from other state's come here to chat as long as they are respectful and are not rude and arrogant. i could care less if he thinks ohio is the greatest football state on the planet. it is not about that. hey, i have nothing against the guy i just did not like what he said to one of my friends from this board. simple as that!!

I agree with you, its not because hes from Ohio, its just i am fighting for my team. Nothing to do with anyone from another state and I really think Concha has very good points. Sometimes you make me mad though the way you talking kind of disrespectful. I like everyone in our country so its nothing to do with another state at all.

Texasfrog
06-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Playing on adjacent fields, John Tyler and Robert E. Lee displayed their prowess during the third week of play at the Trinity Mother Frances SportsCARE 7-on-7 Football League Thursday at Lindsey Park.

Both JT and Lee made quick work of Rusk and Whitehouse to remain atop the league standings. Lee (6-0), which qualified for the 2005 state tournament this past weekend, defeated Whitehouse 46-26 in its first game and took care of Rusk 35-6 in its second game.

The two wins keep the Red Raiders alone in first place.

Against Whitehouse (3-3), Lee used two interception returns for touchdowns to build a 39-7 lead at halftime. The Wildcats responded with more offense in the second half, to make the final, 46-26. In their second game against Rusk, Lee held the Eagles scoreless in the first half, before cruising to a 35-6 victory. (Tyler Paper)..

Tyler Lee and John Tyler are doing pretty good in the local Tyler Lee area 7 on 7 tournament. Still good to see the REL kids out running around and doing very well.

wide-e-wide
06-10-2005, 12:03 AM
I know this is off the subject...but does anybody know if Midway
won the 4-A baseball title tonight?
They were play CC Calallen in RoundRock...
I had to go down to Austin this afternoon and there
was a big crowd of Waco folks headed that way.

pack0808
06-10-2005, 09:39 AM
i do not know but carthage won the 3a title. they won a title in 4a in the 90's before recently moving down. one of my buddies was on that team and he now helps me coach tball. lufkin-hudson just missed playing carthage in the state semis.

ok what was the topic again?? :D

supercentex
06-10-2005, 09:43 AM
I know this is off the subject...but does anybody know if Midway
won the 4-A baseball title tonight?
They were play CC Calallen in RoundRock...
I had to go down to Austin this afternoon and there
was a big crowd of Waco folks headed that way.

Waco Midway lost bad...........it was 12-3 FINAL.

pack0808
06-10-2005, 10:21 AM
hey centex it was weird not seeing lorena in the 3a final. lufkin/hudson finally ended their curse against them only to lose in the next round. lol lorena is the centex area right??

wide-e-wide
06-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Yeah, it's about 8 or 9 miles up the interstate from me.
Not far at all. I was pulling for Hudson...they had a pretty
good run.

supercentex
06-10-2005, 10:52 AM
hey centex it was weird not seeing lorena in the 3a final. lufkin/hudson finally ended their curse against them only to lose in the next round. lol lorena is the centex area right??

Yep...Lorena is in the same area as Waco Midway High School.......you pass through it on I-35 going towards Austin. Right after Waco you hit Hewitt (where Midway is) then Lorena right after that.

I saw the score...Lorena is tough in baseball and could beat a few 4-A and 5-A schools.

Our area is pretty tough in baseball and softball.

RidgePride
06-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Clean,

The reaction here is unbelievable.

This Jtate jumps on Texasfrog and I for having a civilized conversation about the recruits for each team, jumps in with a juvenile attack post - but that's ok. Jump on concha.....

And then there's all these accusations of how I'm supposedly attacking REL and Texas... but nobody can show me where I supposedly did this.

The forums are for debating football issues. There is nothing wrong with someone from Ohio stirring the pot a little. Whoever wins TX vs Ohio will have bragging rights - Period.

I believe Colerein is nothing more that Dallas Carter - bunch of athletes - one dimisional offense. That only works in inferior football states such as Ohio.
In Texas, The team with the best athletes rarely wins the state championship.

Colerein - and Concha for that matter, has no idea -

It is going to be embarrassing for Colerein to lose to a team that probably will not win their district this year.

The only thing that worries me is the freak out factor for Tyler Lee playing on such a stage - in someone elses back yard.

Lousiana's Evangel thought they had a great team too a few years back and were ranked in the Nation. Longveiw showed them what TX football is about.

concha
06-10-2005, 12:15 PM
The forums are for debating football issues. There is nothing wrong with someone from Ohio stirring the pot a little. Whoever wins TX vs Ohio will have bragging rights - Period.

I believe Colerein is nothing more that Dallas Carter - bunch of athletes - one dimisional offense. That only works in inferior football states such as Ohio.
In Texas, The team with the best athletes rarely wins the state championship.

Colerein - and Concha for that matter, has no idea -

It is going to be embarrassing for Colerein to lose to a team that probably will not win their district this year.

The only thing that worries me is the freak out factor for Tyler Lee playing on such a stage - in someone elses back yard.

Lousiana's Evangel thought they had a great team too a few years back and were ranked in the Nation. Longveiw showed them what TX football is about.

Ridgepride,

You are a man after my own heart. Well done.

"...inferior football states such as Ohio". Awesome. LMAO.

"One dimensional offense". I love it. One of the most simplistic and ignorant analyes/commentaries that can be made about a well-run option offense.

"In Texas, The team with the best athletes rarely wins the state championship." Guess what? Same in Ohio....

"Colerein - and Concha for that matter, has no idea -". Really, hmmm... you know this for sure?

"The only thing that worries me is the freak out factor for Tyler Lee playing on such a stage - in someone elses back yard." Wait a sec, there, Sparky. What's to worry about. How big could this "freak factor" be? These are Texans, right? They're only playing a one-dimensional team from an inferior state that has no clue, right?

C'mon, cuz. Sounds like the game's in the bag....

To those who will no doubt want to jump all over me. Please note that I have made NO belittling comments about REL or Texas. Zero.

CCHS77
06-10-2005, 12:21 PM
To those who will no doubt want to jump all over me. Please note that I have made NO belittling comments about REL or Texas. Zero.

"I'm amazed. No stampede of indignant Texans yet. Are the cow-tipping championships on TV or something? Where are they all?"

RidgePride
06-10-2005, 12:41 PM

I will be real honest with you Concha - These forums and discussions are pretty much for all our entertainment. When the pot is stirred a little - we all get passionate - I never really mean anything against you personally or the Ohio Football State.

With That being said, I posted earlier that Ohio will have bragging rights if they win which is not impossible (Highly unlikely) but not impossible.

concha
06-10-2005, 12:46 PM
I will be real honest with you Concha - These forums and discussions are pretty much for all our entertainment. When the pot is stirred a little - we all get passionate - I never really mean anything against you personally or the Ohio Football State.

With That being said, I posted earlier that Ohio will have bragging rights if they win which is not impossible (Highly unlikely) but not impossible.

We all get to have our fun until after the game is played. I wish there were more from Ohio talking a little smack -

OK. Here you go:

Colerain's o-line led by Connor Smith will make football ragu out of REL's d-line. Not that they'll need to, since REL's defense won't have a clue where the ball is anyway. My only worry is the Colerain's QB and RB will get tired from running so far down field every play. And don't get me started about what Colerain's defense will do.... ;)

How's that?

If you like, I could invite a few more Ohioans over here... :eek:

the_great_state_of_TExas
06-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Compelling Dialog.

How many more days until this "momentous” game is played by these two fine football teams?

Oh, that's right 91. I guess we can count on at least 2 to 5 post per day - from a certain someone I will not mention by name - until game day - that is more than 400 posts, in total.

What joy...

I wished my life circumstances provided me the time to incessantly post my humble thoughts about this game but I simply do not have the time…. I guess you could say I am a bit jealous. NOTE: For those posters educated in our 17th state – that is an example of a sarcastic remark.

I personally think REL will take this one, but you never know these are teenaged boys. And this is just a football game.

And you know what, if REL does not win this game - we will not be embarrassed, we will not shut the doors to the Alamo or knock down the San Jacinto monument, we will celebrate all of their hard work. We will be proud of them - they have a great TEXAS football program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Tommy Franks - "My mothers always used to tell me 'Tommy, you should never ask anyone where they are from... because if they are from Texas, they will tell you… And if they are not you will just embarrass them'".

Texasfrog
06-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Admiral Nimitz told some people during WWII (while he was the PACCOM). "You can take a Texas boy out of Texas but you cant take the Texas out of the boy."

Also, from my World travels. If you ask most Americans where they are from. They respond with Los Angeles, San fran, New York, Miami, New Orleans and so forth with the city. If you ask a Texan where his/her is from. 99% of the time they respond by saying , "TEXAS."

Some people dont get it ....

Texasfrog
06-10-2005, 04:59 PM
"I'm amazed. No stampede of indignant Texans yet. Are the cow-tipping championships on TV or something? Where are they all?"

Work..

forest99
06-13-2005, 06:48 PM
hey, does anybody know what happens after you win the 7 on 7 state championship? just trophies and such?? or do you get to continue at a national level???

Texasfrog
06-15-2005, 09:47 PM
The Robert E. Lee Red Raiders trampled over two opponents Thursday at Lindsey Park to remain unbeaten in the Trinity Mother Frances SportsCARE 7-on-7 football league.

Lee, behind convincing wins over John Tyler II (63-26) and Mabank II (69-7), improved to 8-0.

Against John Tyler II, Lee led 28-20 after a competitive first half. Tekerrian Cuba returned an interception for a touchdown to start the second half as Lee rolled off 21 consecutive points.

The defending state 7-on-7 champions, led offensively by quarterbacks Preston Hill and Marcus Jackson, dismantled Mabank II in its second game to remain the lone unbeaten team in the league.
(TYLER PAPER)..

Tyler is still doing very good in the local Tyler area Trinity Mother Frances 7 on 7 tournament. Looks like T. Cuba and P. Hill are playing solid summer football. Just good to see them out running around and staying in football shape and getting in that football "State of mind."

Texasfrog
06-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Lee Goes 2-1 at A&M Consolidated Tournament.

Robert E. Lee participated in the A&M Consolidated Tournament Saturday, going 2-1 in pool play. The Red Raiders defeated A&M Consolidated 34-7 and Conroe Oak Ridge 40-19, but lost to Klein Collins, 41-32.

Since Lee has already qualified for the state tournament, it was not eligible to advance past pool play.
(Tyler paper)..

dragonsdaddy
06-19-2005, 11:11 AM
wide, you are dead on with the coke comment. my aunt from michigan took forever to understand that when we were asked what kind of cokes we wanted, the answer could and usually was, dr pepper, or grapette.

Texasfrog
06-24-2005, 12:48 AM
It's mid June and the game doesn't count anything toward the District 12-5A football standings, but you couldn't tell Thursday night as rivals John Tyler and Robert E. Lee battled in the finale of the Trinity Mother Frances SportsCARE 7-on-7 Football League on Field 4 at Lindsey Park.

In front of nearly 400 fans lining both sidelines, JT used four interceptions and five touchdown passes from Kerry Maddox to defeat Lee, 34-31.

The win raises JTs record to 9-1 and makes the Lions league champs for 2005.

Robert E. Lee, which hadn't lost a league game in two years, finishes with a 9-1 mark. Winnsboro, which won both of its Thursday games, also finished 9-1.

JT wins the league by virtue of its win over Lee, and the Lions handed Winnsboro its only league loss.

John Tyler scored first on a touchdown pass to Teddy Williams. The extra point gave the Lions a 7-0 lead early in the game.

The Red Raiders answered with a touchdown pass from Preston Hill to Jonathan Williams. Williams also caught the point after to tie the game at 7-7.

Lee went in front after JT was held to three and out, and Hill hit Michael Fuller for a touchdown. The extra point failed, making the score 13-7.

JT's offense was stifled again, but the defense made up for it. Maddox intercepted a Hill pass to give the Lions new life. JT took advantage to score and tie the game, 13-13.

Lee grabbed the lead back on an acrobatic touchdown catch by Williams, who outleaped two JT defenders to snag a tipped pass on 4th-and-goal. The extra point failed, making the score 19-13.

As the half drew to a close, John Tyler faced a 4th-and-goal. The ball fell incomplete, but a pass interference penalty gave JT another chance. There was no time on the clock, but the Lions were allowed one more play and took advantage with Maddox hitting Teddy Williams for the score. The extra point gave JT a 20-19 lead at halftime.

Lee went back in front at the start of the second half, but couldn't convert the 2-point try, making the score, 25-20.

JTs offense sputtered, giving Lee the ball back, but the Lions defense took up the slack once again.

JTs Chris Burns picked off a Lee pass, eventually leading to a Maddox scoring pass to Charles Arps. The extra point gave the Lions a 27-25 lead.

Lee drove to the goal line, but was thwarted again by a JT interception, this time by Roderick Taylor.

Maddox then hit Kendall Hunter for a score to push the Lions advantage to 34-25.

With time running out, Lee faced a third down, but Williams answered the call, scoring his third touchdown of the game to cut the Red Raiders' deficit to 34-31.

JTs offense was held out of the end zone on 4th-and-goal, giving Lee one more chance to take the lead.

But JTs Ernest Hunter had other ideas, picking off Hill for the fourth time to give JT the ball back.

With under a minute remaining, all the Lions had to do was convert a first down, and Geron Flowers did the honors to seal the victory.

TYLER PAPER

Sounds like John Tyler and Tyler Lee had a fun 7 on 7 game last night.

supercentex
06-24-2005, 07:41 AM
I have a feeling John-Tyler is going to be making some noise this year and next year.............Welcome back CUJO

pack0808
06-24-2005, 11:37 AM
It's mid June and the game doesn't count anything toward the District 12-5A football standings, but you couldn't tell Thursday night as rivals John Tyler and Robert E. Lee battled in the finale of the Trinity Mother Frances SportsCARE 7-on-7 Football League on Field 4 at Lindsey Park.

In front of nearly 400 fans lining both sidelines, JT used four interceptions and five touchdown passes from Kerry Maddox to defeat Lee, 34-31.

The win raises JTs record to 9-1 and makes the Lions league champs for 2005.

Robert E. Lee, which hadn't lost a league game in two years, finishes with a 9-1 mark. Winnsboro, which won both of its Thursday games, also finished 9-1.

JT wins the league by virtue of its win over Lee, and the Lions handed Winnsboro its only league loss.

John Tyler scored first on a touchdown pass to Teddy Williams. The extra point gave the Lions a 7-0 lead early in the game.

The Red Raiders answered with a touchdown pass from Preston Hill to Jonathan Williams. Williams also caught the point after to tie the game at 7-7.

Lee went in front after JT was held to three and out, and Hill hit Michael Fuller for a touchdown. The extra point failed, making the score 13-7.

JT's offense was stifled again, but the defense made up for it. Maddox intercepted a Hill pass to give the Lions new life. JT took advantage to score and tie the game, 13-13.

Lee grabbed the lead back on an acrobatic touchdown catch by Williams, who outleaped two JT defenders to snag a tipped pass on 4th-and-goal. The extra point failed, making the score 19-13.

As the half drew to a close, John Tyler faced a 4th-and-goal. The ball fell incomplete, but a pass interference penalty gave JT another chance. There was no time on the clock, but the Lions were allowed one more play and took advantage with Maddox hitting Teddy Williams for the score. The extra point gave JT a 20-19 lead at halftime.

Lee went back in front at the start of the second half, but couldn't convert the 2-point try, making the score, 25-20.

JTs offense sputtered, giving Lee the ball back, but the Lions defense took up the slack once again.

JTs Chris Burns picked off a Lee pass, eventually leading to a Maddox scoring pass to Charles Arps. The extra point gave the Lions a 27-25 lead.

Lee drove to the goal line, but was thwarted again by a JT interception, this time by Roderick Taylor.

Maddox then hit Kendall Hunter for a score to push the Lions advantage to 34-25.

With time running out, Lee faced a third down, but Williams answered the call, scoring his third touchdown of the game to cut the Red Raiders' deficit to 34-31.

JTs offense was held out of the end zone on 4th-and-goal, giving Lee one more chance to take the lead.

But JTs Ernest Hunter had other ideas, picking off Hill for the fourth time to give JT the ball back.

With under a minute remaining, all the Lions had to do was convert a first down, and Geron Flowers did the honors to seal the victory.

TYLER PAPER

Sounds like John Tyler and Tyler Lee had a fun 7 on 7 game last night.

you are right! 7 on 7 means absolutely nothing when it comes to real football. nada!! case in point, didn't odessa permian win the 7 on 7 championship in 2003?? i like 7 on 7 and think it has some benefits to help a team but people tend look too far into it just like some do meaningless scrimmage games. ;)

concha
08-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Here is a nice and up-to-date summary of how Colerain is looking right now. It was posted by ccumatt on yappi.com.

Scherrer is being moved from TB to FB and is likely headed to the University of Minnesota next year. The quarterback is Gary Pride, a transfer from Roger Bacon who started last year as a sophmore and ran the option quite well. The backs will be Lumpkin (tons of carries last year), Curry (many carries in the second half last year), and Dominique Sherrer, Terrance's brother who is a lighting quick 5'9" 180 lb. Sophmore! The recievers won't be mentioned simply because they are just extra blockers. The line consists of Conner Smith 6'5" 300 lb. (Ohio State), Eric Ornella 6'4" 290 (D1 interest, 3 year starter), Jeffrey Joecken 6'4" 295 (a Junior), Thomas Good 6'2" 270 (Sophmore), and Brandon Wyatt 6' 270. That's one ---- of a high school offensive line. Of note also, Eugene Clifford, a gifted DB, will have designed plays on offense. Defensively the Cards return some key players as well but lost most of the D-line. LB's Tyler Moeller (Ohio state has offered) and Cobrani Mixon (Michigan) return as does DB Brian Lainhart (tons of D1 interest) and DB Eugene Clifford and S Henry Lemons. Michael Scheidt is the other LB who started quite a few games last year. Junior, Calvin Dixon returns on the DL and 6'6" 240 Brad Thompson may anchor the other end.
Basically, the rich have gotten richer. The defense may not be quite as impressive, but the offense will continue to put of 35-60 each game. In this morning's scrimmage, Colerain led 28-0 at the half with TD's by new QB Pride, FB Sherrer, TB Sherrer, and TB/DB/WR Clifford. The final score 35-0 over Kettering Fairmont, who was unable to move the ball at all against Colerain's first string defense.

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Oh Lord it's back...I guess that is my sign to get back to work.

concha
08-17-2005, 01:05 PM

I'm feelin' the love, w-e-w...... ;)

LPFAN
08-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Very, very funny. I have not seen concha in awhile.

Texasfrog
08-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Very, very funny. I have not seen concha in awhile.

Ya, you knew it was only a matter of time before Conchee showed up and started telling everyone how great the players are at Colerain and what REL was going to have to face up in Ohio.

Poor Tyler Lee and all their second-rate "No name" players. Why did they even think they could possibly play with Colerain. :(

concha
08-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Ya, you knew it was only a matter of time before Conchee showed up and started telling everyone how great the players are at Colerain and what REL was going to have to face up in Ohio.

Poor Tyler Lee and all their second-rate "No name" players. Why did they even think they could possibly play with Colerain. :(

TypicalFrogJackass.

The post was a quote from someone else with some up-to-date information on Colerain. I find it fascinating that by your comments, nobody at all in Texas would like to know anything about Colerain. Hopefully you are correct and your attitude is held by REL's coaching staff.

And I thought you were a "Texas Guy". Why the put-downs against REL? Their yours, not mine.

You really are a truly pathetic and cynical SOB, you know that? Grow up.

dragons08
08-17-2005, 08:54 PM
TypicalFrogJackass.

The post was a quote from someone else with some up-to-date information on Colerain. I find it fascinating that by your comments, nobody at all in Texas would like to know anything about Colerain. Hopefully you are correct and your attitude is held by REL's coaching staff.

And I thought you were a "Texas Guy". Why the put-downs against REL? Their yours, not mine.

watch the lanuage man!

concha
08-17-2005, 09:01 PM
watch the lanuage man!

What is "lanuage"?

If you are at all familiar with TexasFrog, you'd realize the my comments are restrained and saintly. He is website diarrhea.

dragons08
08-17-2005, 09:02 PM
What is "lanuage"?

If you are at all familiar with TexasFrog, you'd realize the my comments are restrained and saintly. He is website diarrhea.

expand "donkey" thats the bad word you said :D

Texasfrog
08-17-2005, 09:33 PM
TypicalFrogJackass.

The statement clown "poor REL " is made in jest Einstein. I am a Texas guy "born and raised" there junior. Obviously it went "right over your high and mighty head." Also, dont forget its not Ohio vs Texas.. Its Ohio vs USA,, hahahahaha. Whoo what arrogance..

I've glanced at a few Ohio sites and dont see any Texas people all over them posting info on REL. Thanks for the "info."

You need pay attention to the REL vs Desoto scrimmage this weekend. Desoto has a pretty big Line filled with some blue-chips and fast athletic QB and RB's behind them. They also have a stout defense loaded with a few blue-chip DL, LB and DB's.

Offense
PROJECTED STARTING LINE UP
Pos. Name HT WT 40 Class 2004 Key Stats
QB Terrance Wilberson 5'11 170 4.4 Jr.
TB Adrian Abner 5'9 180 4.4 Jr.
FB Clevell Jordan 5'11 200 4.5 Sr.
FL Garrick Williams 6'1 210 4.6 Jr
SE Jeremy Sifford 5'11 175 4.4 Sr.
TE Courtney Jones 6'1 210 4.6 Sr. Starter
OT Calvin Hill 6'4 320 5.5 Sr. (Div 1A prospect)
OT Terrell Ariyabe 6'2 230 4.7 Sr. (Div 1A prospect)
OG Benny Johnson 6'0 280 4.8 Sr. Starter
OG Jason Guillory 6'4 340 5.7 Sr. 2 yr. Starter (Div-1A prospect)
C Larry Naulls 6'0 215 4.7 Sr. Starter

Defense
PROJECTED STARTING LINE UP
DT Terrell Ariyabe 6'2 230 4.7 Sr. Starter (Div 1A prospect)
DT Van Miller 6'2 220 4.6 Jr.
NG Johnny Piggee 6'2 260 4.9 Jr. (Div 1A prospect)
LB DeMarco Love 5'11 215 4.6 Sr.
LB Jasmond Johnese 5'11 210 4.6 Sr.
LB Terrance Nurse 6'2 215 4.6 Sr. (Div 1A prospect)
SS Antonio White 5'8 175 4.5 Sr. Starter
SS Courtney Jones 6'1 210 4.6 Sr. (Div 1A prospect)
CB Kameron Gee 5'9 170 4.6 Jr.
CB Anthony McKnight 5'9 165 4.5 Sr.
S Lawrence Edwards 5'11 190 4.5 Sr. (Div 1A prospect)

Special Teams
K Eric Littlejohn 5'7 150 --- So.
P Courtney Jones 6'1 210 4.6 Sr.
--- ---- --- --- --- --- --

Other Key Players
DL Myron Curry 6'3 220 4.5 Sr. Returning Letterman (Div 1A prospect)
RB Chris Matthews 5'10 180 4.5 Sr. Returning Letterman
LB William Pittman 5'10 230 4.8 Sr.
TE Rainey Steiner 6'3 225 4.6 Sr.
WR Donovan Kemp 6'2 185 4.6 Jr.
QB Jerel Mosely 5'8 160 4.6 Sr.
RB Cyrus Gray 5'11 180 4.5 So.

-Key Player Losses 2005 Schedule
Player Pos. College
Kevin White RB Okla. St.
T.J. Bell C Okla. St.
Michael Thomas WR Arizona
Corey Hall FS Arizona
Donald Horton DL Arizona
Brian Jackson CB Oklahoma
Matt Harris QB NE Okla.
Markel Jackson WR NE Okla.
Baron Miles LB Central Mich.
Travis Turner OL Colorado St.

(8 Div-1A signees off last seasons team)..

This should be a good scrimmage for REL to see how they're looking early on in the season for facing a huge O-line and fast backs (QB, RB's) and a very stingy defense with big D-line and fast LB's and DB's.

PS. That's what I like about you Conchee.. You always take that bait and I just reel you in. Dang dude. The cussing you do is a nice added bonus. :)

concha
08-17-2005, 10:02 PM
You need professional help.

1) I frequent just one of the primary Ohio sites and there have been several Texas fans there providing information about REL. One or two post on this very site. :eek:

And just how many Ohio fans are "all over this site"? I would say that you could count them on your johnson, but I have doubts about both your math skilz and certain physical attributes of yours, so I won't.

PS: Look up the word "hyperbole".

2) When Desoto runs the option and is the Ohio D1 defending champ playing REL in Columbus in September, then all those fascinating stats about them might be relevant. Zzzzzzzzzzz..............

3) It is Ohio vs. the USA because they plan to feature teams from all the USA playing some of Ohio's best. Apparently there is a state out there with the nurts to do such a thing. And the name of that state apparently does not begin with a "T".

Why do you behave like this? Are you still bitter over the Commish smacking you around like red-headed stepchild on that other Texas site? Why attempt to take it out on me? Get over it, Mary Alice.

dragons08
08-17-2005, 10:05 PM

1) I frequent just one of the primary Ohio sites and there have been several Texas fans there providing information about REL. One or two post on this very site. :eek:

And just how many Ohio fans are "all over this site"? I would say that you could count them on your johnson, but I have doubts about both your math skilz and certain physical attributes of yours, so I won't.

2) When Desoto runs the option and is the Ohio D1 defending champ playing REL in Columbus in September, then all those fascinating stats about them might be relevant. Zzzzzzzzzzz..............

3) It is Ohio vs. the USA because they plan to feature teams from all the USA playing some of Ohio's best. Apparently there is a state out there with the nurts to do such a thing. And the name of that state apparently does not begin with a "T".

Why do you behave like this? Are you still bitter over the Commish smacking you around like red-headed stepchild on that other Texas site? Why attempt to take it out on me? Get over it, Mary Alice. lets keep it PG Rated please, there are some young lads out there.. :D

concha
08-17-2005, 10:08 PM
lets keep it PG Rated please, there are some young lads out there.. :D
d08:

F'en-A, my friend. ;)

dragons08
08-17-2005, 10:09 PM
d08:

F'en-A, my friend. ;)
as in shut up?

concha
08-17-2005, 10:12 PM
as in shut up?

If the shut-up refers to TexasOrifice, then yes.

dragons08
08-17-2005, 10:13 PM
If the shut-up refers to TexasOrifice, then yes.
no idea what an orifice is, but i thought you were telling me to shut up..

concha
08-17-2005, 10:15 PM
no idea what an orifice is, but i thought you were telling me to shut up..

Nope. I'd say "shut up". F'en A is like "He** Yeah".

An orifice is a hole/opening. As in between the cheeks.

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Dragons08...don't even get in the middle of this little homie. It's an ongoing
argument that may never end, even after the game is played. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

dragons08
08-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Dragons08...don't even get in the middle of this little homie. It's an ongoing
argument that may never end, even after the game is played. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
yea your probally right, but nothing was really happening on the board, so i just figured id jump in..

concha
08-17-2005, 10:24 PM
yea your probally right, but nothing was really happening on the board, so i just figured id jump in..

D08 seems like a nice kid. I've got no problems with him at all. FYI, D08, I just come on here for info exchange and a little debate. TF volunteer's himself to be the Texas Ambassador of Irritable Bowel Syndrome no matter what I do on here. He is easily one of the most pathetic characters I've ever come across.

Take care.

dragons08
08-17-2005, 10:27 PM
D08 seems like a nice kid. I've got no problems with him at all.

Take care.
thanks for the kind words

Texasfrog
08-17-2005, 11:17 PM
D08 seems like a nice kid. I've got no problems with him at all. FYI, D08, I just come on here for info exchange and a little debate. TF volunteer's himself to be the Texas Ambassador of Irritable Bowel Syndrome no matter what I do on here. He is easily one of the most pathetic characters I've ever come across.

Take care.

I'm trying to figure out which side of the boat is best to pull you up ? Portside or starboard. Dang you swallowed the bait deep didnt you :p

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 11:18 PM
The fantail...

Texasfrog
08-17-2005, 11:34 PM

Why do you behave like this? Are you still bitter over the Commish smacking you around like red-headed stepchild on that other Texas site? Why attempt to take it out on me? Get over it, Mary Alice.

I love a couple of things. You ask , "why do you act this way." Go back and read the post Junior. All I said is you can count on Conchee coming on here and posting Colerain athletes all over. What do you do in return ? You come back with about 20 cuss words and ranting and raving like a clown. Who is acting like a total Child ?

The last time I looked clown Texas has been playing teams from all over the country (coast to coast) for awhile. (California, Florida and ect) for years. Even the mighty Ohio native Herbstriet says that Texas and a few other States have been doing it for years. We're just not arrogant enought to claim Texas vs USA.

Tyler has started a Labor Day football classic that is bringing teams from coast to coast to play Texas teams JUNIOR. Do you see it called TEXAS vs USA ??? NOPE.

Ohio vs USA ?? Hmmm wonder what the other 48 States think. I know Texans have alot of State pride but I didnt realize we were the USA.

I love it also. It goes to show your true colors on this site. You claim to be a non-bias objective fan. I say , "you might want to follow the REL vs Desoto scrimmage because they have some good blue-chips and big lineman and good blue-chip defensive players." What do you do as this so called Objective Ohio fan on a Texas site. You basically put down Desoto and try to claim they're really nothing because they arent Colerain. Ya, you're really objective arent you (like you try to claim).

Also, I can promise you that nobody really cares what Colerain did to some Ohio team (fremont , freemont, fairfield or whoever ) because that team is probably on par with an average Texas 3A. REL would of most likley spanked that pushover Ohio team like an unwanted stepchild also.

Have Colerain come to Texas and scrimmage sorry ole Desoto and lets see what they have .... Desoto has just as many and probably more SIZE and more team speed.

PS. Thank God for that transfer QB huh ? Nice when you can basically go recruit you a transfer kid to fill a needed position like QB. Hmmmm?????

Texasfrog
08-17-2005, 11:36 PM
The fantail...

Wide , I knew the old Navy terms would get you running. :)

PS. Are we getting together for the game are what ? :D

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 11:38 PM
The old-timers vs. young bucks classic right here in Waco,Tx.?
that game? Oh yeah...it's in the works as we speak. It will be fine tuned
to death by the time December rolls around. I will be there bro...and I'm bringin' half of Lufkin with me.

Texasfrog
08-17-2005, 11:43 PM
The old-timers vs. young bucks classic right here in Waco,Tx.?
that game? Oh yeah...it's in the works as we speak. It will be fine tuned
to death by the time December rolls around. I will be there bro...and I'm bringin' half of Lufkin with me.

I probably wont be back in Texas until Thanksgiving and I'll be there for X-Mas for a week or so through the New Year. I'll be at the game. Are we playing 7 on 7 or Flag ? I aint playing tackle anymore my body would take about 2 years to recover. I'll be 36 going on 60 if we play tackle.

PS. I've driven over to Hollywood-Chaminade and caught a practice. Those boys look pretty dang good for a 2A Private school.

wide-e-wide
08-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Everybody is leaning towards tackle. But saying and doing are two different things 'ya know? I think after one real good hit...the rules might be revised.

I always wanted to get stationed on the other side of Florida...
I was in Pensacola for 2 years...and Mayport for 2 hell-bent nights back in '99...

Texasfrog
08-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Everybody is leaning towards tackle. But saying and doing are two different things 'ya know? I think after one real good hit...the rules might be revised.

I always wanted to get stationed on the other side of Florida...
I was in Pensacola for 2 years...and Mayport for 2 hell-bent nights back in '99...

I think you would be right. I've seen the tackle stuff before with guys in their late 20's and 30's. Its start off all funny and giggly for about 5 minutes and then after a couple of good hits people aint having fun anymore and you slowly notice people walking away to go drink a beer or something. That's with dudes from all over the country also (Cali, Tx, Fla , Ohio and ect).

wide-e-wide
08-18-2005, 12:03 AM
I tried it once with some buddies out in Norfolk. Just like you said...It's all fun and games until somebody shows off their Lawrence Taylor skills. Then it's ....awww man...this was a bad idea. I don't know...there might be some hard hitters on this board. I can still hit hard...I know I can..but what am I going to feel like immediately following that big hit? That's the question.

Texasfrog
08-18-2005, 12:21 AM
I tried it once with some buddies out in Norfolk. Just like you said...It's all fun and games until somebody shows off their Lawrence Taylor skills. Then it's ....awww man...this was a bad idea. I don't know...there might be some hard hitters on this board. I can still hit hard...I know I can..but what am I going to feel like immediately following that big hit? That's the question.

That's what I'm saying. " I'm as good once as I ever was." But, the once isnt very long and has a long term after effect on the body. Might take a week or so to recover from that. :(

concha
08-18-2005, 06:12 AM
I love a couple of things. You ask , "why do you act this way." Go back and read the post Junior. All I said is you can count on Conchee coming on here and posting Colerain athletes all over. What do you do in return ? You come back with about 20 cuss words and ranting and raving like a clown. Who is acting like a total Child ?

The last time I looked clown Texas has been playing teams from all over the country (coast to coast) for awhile. (California, Florida and ect) for years. Even the mighty Ohio native Herbstriet says that Texas and a few other States have been doing it for years. We're just not arrogant enought to claim Texas vs USA.

Tyler has started a Labor Day football classic that is bringing teams from coast to coast to play Texas teams JUNIOR. Do you see it called TEXAS vs USA ??? NOPE.

Ohio vs USA ?? Hmmm wonder what the other 48 States think. I know Texans have alot of State pride but I didnt realize we were the USA.

I love it also. It goes to show your true colors on this site. You claim to be a non-bias objective fan. I say , "you might want to follow the REL vs Desoto scrimmage because they have some good blue-chips and big lineman and good blue-chip defensive players." What do you do as this so called Objective Ohio fan on a Texas site. You basically put down Desoto and try to claim they're really nothing because they arent Colerain. Ya, you're really objective arent you (like you try to claim).

Also, I can promise you that nobody really cares what Colerain did to some Ohio team (fremont , freemont, fairfield or whoever ) because that team is probably on par with an average Texas 3A. REL would of most likley spanked that pushover Ohio team like an unwanted stepchild also.

Have Colerain come to Texas and scrimmage sorry ole Desoto and lets see what they have .... Desoto has just as many and probably more SIZE and more team speed.

PS. Thank God for that transfer QB huh ? Nice when you can basically go recruit you a transfer kid to fill a needed position like QB. Hmmmm?????

1) You can go back and read your post yourself. You no so subtly insinuate I am belittling REL's talent. I do no such thing. Grow up.

2) If an Ohio event is to feature Ohio teams (Ohio) versus teams from other states in the Union (the USA)....gee, you're right. What a stupid title for an event. :rolleyes: Grow up. It's not "Ohio Kings of the Universe Versus Teams from the
Rest of the USA That Just Aren't As Good as Ohio" - so stop acting like it. Put your pacifier back in and relax. BTW, last time I checked there are 50 states - not 49.

3) I put down Desoto? :confused: Huh? Seek therapy.

4) FYI, I just saw a post on another Texas site, from a Texan, actually asking about the Ohio team that Colerain beat.

5) The transfer is moving from a private school to his local high school. He lives in Colerain's district. Some recruiting. Isn't that what happened with that talented kid who will be playing o-line for REL next year. You know, the newbie o-line that just maybe needed some help? Eat it.

Next....

KT2000
08-18-2005, 06:39 AM
Good lord, this game isn't being played soon enough. I've never been more tired of hype than I have been concerning this match-up. I don't think there is much to be gained by either team involved regardless of the outcome. The winner is going to get its ego pumped up because they did it with the country watching, and the loser is going to feel like they let their state down. Colerain has more to fear from the latter simply because it's in their backyard, and no one wants to lose at home.

ben0419
08-18-2005, 12:45 PM
First, I will start off by saying that I am from Cincinnati. KT2000 is correct in that Colerain has more to lose in this game. I lived in Texas for two years in the late 90's while I was in the military, and from what I remember wins and loses against non-district games does not affect a team making the playoffs, only games against district opponents (I could be wrong, but this is what I remember). In Ohio, every game counts, and your win-lose record and strength of schedule is put into a computer system to produce the Harbin Ratings that determine who gets in the playoffs. So a lose to Lee can affect their playoff chances.

While I lived in Texas and Florida during my stint in the military, I saw a lot of HS football games during both the regular season and the playoffs. I will say the overall caliber of teams in the state of Texas is one of deepest in the nation, if not the best in the nation.

I also attended several Colerain games last year since my step-brother is a QB in the pop warner system and I could get tickets to attend some of their games. I have seen many HS teams play, and I have to say the LAST YEAR's Colerain team was the best HS football team that I have ever seen. They dominated with team speed, size, and on the scoreboard like no team that I have ever seen. The closest game they had last year was 21-3 win in the first game of the year against Elder, who was the two time defending D1 champs and a USA Today top 10 team. This was also their QB Domanick Goodman's first HS football game.

Of course, this was last year. They have to replace 6 D1A recruits who left, and start the season with a new QB. I'm sure Lee also has to replace quite a few players from its championship team. What I am trying to say is that there is absolutely no way to predict who will win this game. Both teams may not even come into this game undefeated. Lee has a couple tough games to start their season, and Colerain opens the season with St. Xavier at UC's Nippert Stadium and defending KY state champ Ft. Thomas Highlands at Paul Brown Stadium before the Lee game. I have the upmost respect for football in the state of Texas and this will be a great game. If the final score is anywhere near the 34-17 that the Texas Frog was predicting but for either side, I would be surprised.

concha
08-18-2005, 01:03 PM
First, I will start off by saying that I am from Cincinnati. KT2000 is correct in that Colerain has more to lose in this game. I lived in Texas for two years in the late 90's while I was in the military, and from what I remember wins and loses against non-district games does not affect a team making the playoffs, only games against district opponents (I could be wrong, but this is what I remember). In Ohio, every game counts, and your win-lose record and strength of schedule is put into a computer system to produce the Harbin Ratings that determine who gets in the playoffs. So a lose to Lee can affect their playoff chances.

While I lived in Texas and Florida during my stint in the military, I saw a lot of HS football games during both the regular season and the playoffs. I will say the overall caliber of teams in the state of Texas is one of deepest in the nation, if not the best in the nation.

I also attended several Colerain games last year since my step-brother is a QB in the pop warner system and I could get tickets to attend some of their games. I have seen many HS teams play, and I have to say the LAST YEAR's Colerain team was the best HS football team that I have ever seen. They dominated with team speed, size, and on the scoreboard like no team that I have ever seen. The closest game they had last year was 21-3 win in the first game of the year against Elder, who was the two time defending D1 champs and a USA Today top 10 team. This was also their QB Domanick Goodman's first HS football game.

Of course, this was last year. They have to replace 6 D1A recruits who left, and start the season with a new QB. I'm sure Lee also has to replace quite a few players from its championship team. What I am trying to say is that there is absolutely no way to predict who will win this game. Both teams may not even come into this game undefeated. Lee has a couple tough games to start their season, and Colerain opens the season with St. Xavier at UC's Nippert Stadium and defending KY state champ Ft. Thomas Highlands at Paul Brown Stadium before the Lee game. I have the upmost respect for football in the state of Texas and this will be a great game. If the final score is anywhere near the 34-17 that the Texas Frog was predicting but for either side, I would be surprised.

The general view right now is that Colerain's defense will not be as utterly dominant as they were last year. This is mainly due to the loss of the Byrd twins to graduation, though the linebacking crew will be excellent. The offense has the potential to be as good and possibly even a tad better than last year. I think this will be tough, because Goodman had a gift for running their option game. But their new QB has a solid reputation and option experience, the o-line looks to be at least on a par with '04, and they have several very talented kids to run the ball for them. Don't forget that Mister Simpson was out for much of last year, so losing him might not be a big of a deal as it might sound.

I agree with your comments about Texas. Unfortunately, there are those who take comments about the strengths of non-Texas teams and feel the need to twist it into being meant to demean Texas programs. Very strange.

Colerain-Cards
08-18-2005, 07:31 PM

very nice post. Colerain will have another 6 D1Aers at least this year too. I'm sure Lee has it share of D1 talent. I can't wait for this game and the OSU/UT game.

dragonsdaddy
08-18-2005, 07:36 PM
would a loss to lee really be such a detractor to colerain's playoff hopes? lee is a defending state champion, not chopped liver. it at least could be called a quality loss if nothing else.

wide-e-wide
08-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh God...they are starting to multiply.

1.Never feed after midnight
2.NO Bright lights
3. Don't ever get them wet.

garlandowl08
08-18-2005, 07:57 PM
does anyone else feel like they're watching a ping-pong match?

wide-e-wide
08-18-2005, 08:12 PM
would a loss to lee really be such a detractor to colerain's playoff hopes? lee is a defending state champion, not chopped liver. it at least could be called a quality loss if nothing else.

Quality loss?
That's a new one.
A bet a loser came up with that phrase...whatcha think?

dragons08
08-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Quality loss?
That's a new one.
A bet a loser came up with that phrase...whatcha think?
yea, i guess its like an "acceptable loss" cause you lost to a good team..

wide-e-wide
08-18-2005, 08:20 PM
When they print it up in the papers do they put *quality loss....or just a big fat L...?
carry on.

dragons08
08-18-2005, 08:21 PM
When they print it up in the papers do they put *quality loss....or just a big fat L...?
carry on.
haha, i guess if its your town paper quality loss, everywhere else, just an L

Texasfrog
08-18-2005, 09:51 PM
carry on.

Hey Wide, went and watched Hollywood Chaminade vs South Plantation scrimmage tonight. Hollywood Chaminade wont be a stepchild for REL. Their O-Line is about (6-2/265), athletic QB (coaches son), some good wideouts and a couple of solid runners. They have about 5 blue-chips (Sr/Jr) just on offense.

Their defense has a couple of scrappy D-line dudes, Lb's very active and solid secondary with top-line athletes.

Hollywood Chaminade is a very well coached team also. They dont mess around.

This should be an interesting game (REL vs Chaminade). I have no doubt what so ever that Hollywood chaminade will be a top #6 Florida team this season even though they're a so called 2A.

I talked to some of the parents that have kids at the school. It cost $6,000 a year and there is about 1,100 students at the school. (Private School).

myround0
08-18-2005, 10:23 PM
To early right now to really know. Alot of the Tyler Lee kids will really make there name during their SENIOR year. Plus, they will have alot of underclassmen starting for them this season (JR's) that a few of them are D-1A caliber.

I know that QB- Preston Hill is getting looked at by TCU pretty hard. He'll end up with a handful of offers at the end of the year.

Rb- Jason Williams will get several offers before the season is over. His a D-1A caliber player with his size & speed (6-0/205/4.5) kid that averaged over 7 yds per carry as a back-up last season.

The Junior "FS" T. Cuba (6-3/190/4.5) will be a national recruit next season. His that caliber of player.

Dt-Mckenzie will probably get offers to places like North Tx, Baylor, Tulsa or La Tech. His a pretty stout DT that has some good wheels and nice size (6-1/250) approx.

Just guessing. I would say that anywhere from 3 to 4 Tyler Lee seniors will go D-1A this recruiting season with probably 3 or so Juniors that are D-1A caliber players.

Ball Park numbers, I would say there is 7 (Sr/Jr) total on the Tyler Lee team that will be playing D-1A football for someone.

Plus, I heard they got a really nice transfer kid from a local Tyler Private school that is probably going to be the starting "LT" that has alot of skill and might end up being a D-1 caliber player. His suppose to be about (6-4/265) and was a local Private school basketball stud, he wanted to play football and the private school didnt have football so he enrolled at Tyler Lee. So, he might end up being a pretty good athlete for them somewhere on either the D-line or O-line.

I really don't think Tyler Lee and its really low class of talent needs to validate itself by saying it has tons of chippers....what the rest of the country fails to realize is the state of Texas has so many good players, So many, and so many good teams you will never have a team establish dominance, SLC is the closest thing to that. DeLaSalle won 150 games in a row, I would really like to know which, if any texas teams De LaSalle beat along the way... I would also like to see how often nationally ranked teams have played texas teams...Look you have all those Blue Chippers because you might have three good programs state wide in Ohio, in Texas we have about 300 good programs, from 5A to about 2A it is wide open...bring your game down south and beat three or for texas teams a season, then call yourself the national champs...you look at Evangel they played three texas teams last season and limped away 1-2, THE ONLY WIN WAS OVER 4A TEXAS HIGH 9-2...NUFF SAID

wide-e-wide
08-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Just like you Frog...out there Hollywood'n....did you have your shades on...?

concha
08-19-2005, 08:03 AM
I really don't think Tyler Lee and its really low class of talent needs to validate itself by saying it has tons of chippers....what the rest of the country fails to realize is the state of Texas has so many good players, So many, and so many good teams you will never have a team establish dominance, SLC is the closest thing to that. DeLaSalle won 150 games in a row, I would really like to know which, if any texas teams De LaSalle beat along the way... I would also like to see how often nationally ranked teams have played texas teams...Look you have all those Blue Chippers because you might have three good programs state wide in Ohio, in Texas we have about 300 good programs, from 5A to about 2A it is wide open...bring your game down south and beat three or for texas teams a season, then call yourself the national champs...you look at Evangel they played three texas teams last season and limped away 1-2, THE ONLY WIN WAS OVER 4A TEXAS HIGH 9-2...NUFF SAID

1) Texans never talk about standout players? Wow. I must have been inagining things when people were talking about guys names Daniel and Luna last year. Or when Lufkin fans talked about Lane. Save it.

2) Texas 300 good teams and Ohio 3. Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh. Sounds about right. Credibility...meet toilet.

3) FYI, ECA faced two of Texas' finest programs and lost by a combined 8 points. Sure, they lost. But looks like they were alot more comeptitive with these Texas teams than the vast majority of teams in Texas itself.

myround0
08-19-2005, 09:35 PM
1) Texans never talk about standout players? Wow. I must have been inagining things when people were talking about guys names Daniel and Luna last year. Or when Lufkin fans talked about Lane. Save it.

2) Texas 300 good teams and Ohio 3. Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh. Sounds about right. Credibility...meet toilet.

3) FYI, ECA faced two of Texas' finest programs and lost by a combined 8 points. Sure, they lost. But looks like they were alot more comeptitive with these Texas teams than the vast majority of teams in Texas itself.

Holla dawg...Rattle off about ten teams in Ohio that's really good, you got about 50 years...get after it...

Texasfrog
08-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Just like you Frog...out there Hollywood'n....did you have your shades on...?

Heck ya man.. Hollywood (East coast) and Hollywood (West coast) its all the same. Both have large bodies of water next to them. Just dont have to worry about the quakes here in Gatorville to much.

Texasfrog
08-19-2005, 10:07 PM

Wow, lets see Conchee. Again (knock knock) this is a Texas site. You'll probably hear alot about Texas Prep players here. Its called TEXAS 5A football website.

I'm sure if this was an Ohio site it would be called "Ohio and USA football " website or something like that.

The other reason Texans are proud of their blue-chip players on their "hometown teams" is because they're considered national caliber blue-chips and very solid players. (Just like you like to come on a TEXAS SITE and show off all the so called Ohio blue-chips on Colerain). You're are proud of them and excited about them.

Yes, Texas teams played against a very good Evangel team from Louisiana last season. (KNOCK KNOCK) Evangel was Louisiana 5A State Champs and a highly recgonized national team loaded with some good talent.

ECA & West Monroe dominated Louisiana and usually pull their starters out by halftime with a nice 35-7 type lead in most games.

Also so you know. The two Texas teams that beat ECA (Abilene & Longview). Neither won the Texas 5A title. The Texas 4A (Texas High) team that played with ECA down for down in a 9-2 loss. Had a couple of losses on the season and lost to the eventual 4A State Champs Ennis like 40-14. Do you think Ennis is probably pretty good ???

That same ECA team totally embarrassed a high profile team from Minnesota something like 50-14 and it could of been alot worse.

Did any Ohio team play against Evangel last season ??? That's what I thought "(NOPE)". I'm sure however that you already have assured yourself in your mind that about 20 Ohio teams would of spanked that ECA team last season like 30-10 or something. I'll tell you this, Evangel would of totally embarrassed that Mckinley, Ohio team to the tune of something like 50-7 (FACT).

Like I've stated before. I believe that Louisiana has about 4 (National level programs) every year.

Ohio has something like 6 (National level programs). Texas has about 12-15 every year. The only reason I state this is Texas is twice the size of Ohio and has about 3 times as many kids playing High school football. ( Numbers).

Colerin is a good team. I've and others have stated to you about 100 times that. I think they're one of those (Top 6 Ohio teams). There is probably only about 5 other teams in Ohio that can come close to playing Colerain a respectful game. We'll see this season how they do during their schedule. Something tells me that Colerain isnt going to have much of a major problem (With many Ohio teams) this season.

I can assure you that REL wont be embarrasssed by Colerain. They're coming to OHIO (Columbus) and playing a solid Colerain team (in they're backyard). REL will play with them and give them a respectful game if they come in without any major injuries to key players. From what I hear Cuba should be back for Colerain and maybe he'll get some playing time in the Waco game the week before. :)

Like I said, Colerain will dominate everyone in Ohio this season except maybe 2 or 3 teams the entire season (including the playoffs). Weak in-State competition in Ohio.

REL will come play Colerain very good and then come back to Texas and have to scrap out wins against about 7 to 8 other Texas teams that are on par with them (week to week). Strong in-state competition in Texas.

Dont forget that REL is coming to Ohio to play Colerain in they're backyard.

Texasfrog
08-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Hey Conchee,, you talk alot about this Colerain vs REL game. So, what do you think the outcome is going to be ?? Dont give me the 5th Amend either. What do you think the outcome and score prediction is going to be ?

REL is coming to Ohio to play the Ohio power Colerain in their backyard. So, what's the final score going to be ?

PS. Also how do you think each team is going to do this season ?

I think Colerain will mostly likely beat everyone in Ohio pretty easy (dominatge 95% of the competition) and at least get to the Semi-finals or Ohio Title game without much of a problem.

I think REL will have to scrap out about 5 wins in the regular season (down to the wire) and be week to week playoff team fighting on the edge of either a victory or loss in hard fought even games.

wide-e-wide
08-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Shipmate...you need some help here?

Texasfrog
08-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Shipmate...you need some help here?

Ya I know. I'm sure my buddy is digging a hole for the cross right now to put me on and crucify me and call me about (20 cuss words).

You know, the more he cusses at me "that makes him right." haha.

I'm pulling the late hours tonight because I've got to drive to Tampa and go to Mcdill AFB all weekend. I'm thinking about going to the Tampa preseason game tomorrow night after work.

wide-e-wide
08-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Tell Chucky I said "what's up"
Let me know if you need some help bro.
and P.S. it's 10:30 and ou and osu still suck....

Texasfrog
08-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Tell Chucky I said "what's up"
and P.S. it's 10:30 and ou and osu still suck....

haha, Roger that !

What really blows is the 4 hour drive across Alligator Ally (I-75). Its about the only part of Florida that reminds me of some long drives in Texas (long and boring).

But, I actually like Tampa better than Miami so I try to make the most out of the weekend when I have to go there. Signing off now, but I'll hollier at ya Sunday night.

PS. Cant wait to see the Air bombs that will be waiting here for me from my amigo from Atlanta, Ga via Ohio.

Out !!

LPFAN
08-19-2005, 11:47 PM
does anyone else feel like they're watching a ping-pong match?
Actually it reminds me of the "my daddy is better then your daddy, my daddy is stonger then your daddy" games that little kids play. Very funny! :p

concha
08-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Hey Conchee,, you talk alot about this Colerain vs REL game. So, what do you think the outcome is going to be ?? Dont give me the 5th Amend either. What do you think the outcome and score prediction is going to be ? [Predicting scores such as 34-17 like you do is assinine. From what I undersand, Colerain's o-line and QB did not impress against Moeller in a scrimmage the other day. The new QB needs work and I am surprised at the o-line. That said, Moe is looked upon as perhaps as high as top 5 in Ohio pre-season and top 50 nationally, so things might not be so bad. Colerain's D looks excellent though. They have had two scrimmages and scored shutouts each time. Against Moe they were without ther services of Michigan-bound Cobrani Mixon. Given this, my current prediction would be a low-scoring affair. Thankfully the new QB has some time to sort himself out. If not, there are a couple of other solid candidates. I still favor the Cards.]

REL is coming to Ohio to play the Ohio power Colerain in their backyard. So, what's the final score going to be ?

PS. Also how do you think each team is going to do this season ? [REL? No idea, though they are ranked anywhere from #4 to #11 in Texas. They should make their presence known, no?]

I think Colerain will mostly likely beat everyone in Ohio pretty easy (dominatge 95% of the competition) and at least get to the Semi-finals or Ohio Title game without much of a problem. [If the QB and o-line are as shaky as word has it they were against Moe, they could be behind two teams just in Cincy (Moe and my St. Xavier Bombers. And then there's Iggy, Glenville and Warren Harding from Northeast Ohio just waiting for a shot. These are just the obvious pre-season candidates. BTW, isn't the same 95% figure pretty much true for SLC, Lufkin etc?]

I think REL will have to scrap out about 5 wins in the regular season (down to the wire) and be week to week playoff team fighting on the edge of either a victory or loss in hard fought even games.

myround0
08-21-2005, 04:22 AM
Holla dawg...Rattle off about ten teams in Ohio that's really good, you got about 50 years...get after it...

Concha....I am still waiting. Where are those ten really good Ohio programs... still waiting

concha
08-21-2005, 06:08 AM
Concha....I am still waiting. Where are those ten really good Ohio programs... still waiting

Colerain
Elder
St. Xavier
Moeller
St. Ignatius
St. Edward
Glenville
Warren Harding
Benedictine
Brookhaven

I wouldn't want you waiting anymore. A thousand apologies for the delay.

myround0
08-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Colerain
Elder
St. Xavier
Moeller
St. Ignatius
St. Edward
Glenville
Warren Harding
Benedictine
Brookhaven

I wouldn't want you waiting anymore. A thousand apologies for the delay.

on this list I see four teams I recognize as really good programs...Harding, St Xavier, St. Ignatius, and Colerain...I will say it once more, when you only have a few good schools, and your team tends to blow others out, some might it makes peopel think you are really good, but until you beat three or four Texas programs in that season you are never really the best team in the nation...Can anyone tell me what Texas teams DeLaSalle beat during their 150 game winning streak,

Texasfrog
08-21-2005, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=wide-e-wide]Tell Chucky I said "what's up"
and P.S. it's 10:30 and ou and osu still suck....[/QU
Hey wide, just got back from Tampa. Went to the game Saturday night but couldnt say "hello" to Chucky for ya.

Did get to see former Jacksonville,Tx native Luke McCown play. He looked pretty good and alot of the local Tampa people want to see him ahead of Chrissy Simms on the depth chart at QB #2. He did look pretty sharp making good reads and strong throws.

Looks like REL had a good scrimmage against Desoto. Heard it was real physical. But, it sounds like QB- Preston Hill and the receiving group are getting on the same page. Also sounds like the running game is looking good so the O-line must be coming together.

The defense sounds like they played pretty good also. Not bad for a defense that is almost entirely new and missing their stud FS- T. Cuba. He'll help out alot when he gets back on the field. But, I guess the starting unit kept Desoto to 3 tds in basically 3 QT.

I'm impressed because Desoto has about 8 blue-chip kids on the team and they have alot of good size on both lines and it sounds like Tyler Lee stood up and played pretty solid.

Also sounds like some their is a couple of pretty good underclass kids that will play strong roles this season. Someone said this new WR- Josh Oliver is going to make alot of big plays this season.

Anyway, back in town and withstood the long drive across Gator Alley. "But dang is a long boring drive." :)

Texasfrog
08-21-2005, 10:02 PM

First: REL had a tough hard fought scrimmage against a tough very talented Desoto team. Desoto always has around 8 (SR/JR) blue-chip on their team and big fast lineman. They're also very well coached. So, its a good sign that REL played them very tough in basically a 21-21 tie for 3 quarters of football.

Sounds like the offense is rounding into solid form (passing and running). The defense played scrappy football. I'm pleased looking in as an outsider because I know the caliber of play of Desoto. They're preseason ranked like #8th in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex.

This weekends game against Hollywood-Chaminade wont be a pushover. They are extremely well coached and have the "lineman" and "athletes" to be a very worthy foe. Probably a legit top #5 Florida team (no matter of class).

Their O-line is in the (6-2/265) range, very athletic QB , two solid running backs (Jr is a top #10 Florida for next year), and 2 very solid Wr's.

Their defense line is about (6-1/220), LB's (6-1/200) and DB's (5-11/185) average. I would say their offense has 4 college level players and their defense has 4 college level players (D-1A).

So, Tyler lee better come to play them first are alot of stem will be let out of the bag for the Colerain game.

Next. Yes, SLC, Lufkin, Longview and a few other Texas teams win 95% of their games. But, they still have almost every year a couple of hardfought regular season games and then the playoffs many times are almost week to week battles that go late in the 4th Qt "MOST YEARS".

Look at last season SLC team that many considered the best High school team in the nation. They had to scrap out close wins against:

1. Abilene
2. Lufkin
3. Smithson Valley (13-3) team.

The true factor to me will be after the so called big game (Tyler Lee vs Colerain) and how the "SEASONS" shake out.

I think Colerain is going to dominate 95% of the teams they face. They will have their usual 35-10 type of games. Their will be maybe 2 or 3 teams that can play a respecful game in OHIO with Colerain. (The entire season: Regular and Playoffs).

Tyler Lee will have to scrap out probably 4 to 5 regular season games and then live on the edge from week to week in the playoffs.

So, if Tyler Lee (Goes to OHIO) and beats or even plays a game like 28-20. It will show me alot about the overall competition level of the State of Ohio.

Remember.. this game is being played in Ohio. Tyler Lee has every imaginal thing working against them and is facing overwelming odds. So, by all purposes this game should be a BLOWOUT for Colerain.

I mean they're (COLERAIN) like #4 or #5 in the NATION by the so called National guru EXPERTS.

Tyler Lee is considered by most in Texas about the #12 best team going into the season this year in TEXAS. Not the NATION but just in TEXAS.

So, honestly this game should be a BLOWOUT right ?? It should be something like 28-7 or something like that. Big National ranked High school team (Colerain) playing in their backyard with all their fans against a Texas team that wont have probably 1,000 fans there in person.

If Tyler Lee beats Colerain or even plays them to a spread of (10 pts or less). Then that would be a MAJOR slap in the face to Colerain IMO.

But, honestly I think Tyler Lee is going to play Colerain an extremely tough hardfought game (IN OHIO) that will go into the 4th quarter. Just like about 6 or 7 other REL games will be this season if they (REL) go late into the playoffs.

Colerain will go and dominate 95% of the teams they face and beat them to the tune of 35-7 and walk to the Semi-finals or Ohio Title game.

raidercheerdad
08-21-2005, 11:03 PM
I was at the scrimmage and I thought the offense looked good. The receivers (especially Jonathon Williams) looked really good with the exception of a couple of drops by Fleet. Jayson Williams was a little hesitant at first, but didn't take long to get his game feet under him.

Defensively, my first thought is 'this is going to be a long year', but, as the scrimmage progressed, especially in the live quarter, they played at game speed and looked pretty good. Desoto was a worthy opponent and I think they'll be in the playoffs this year! I was impressed with their team speed.

All in all, I was more satisfied after we played the "game situation" quarter. I do know that John Giles will be sorely missed at TE and deep snapper.

Texasfrog
08-22-2005, 12:12 AM
I was at the scrimmage and I thought the offense looked good. The receivers (especially Jonathon Williams) looked really good with the exception of a couple of drops by Fleet. Jayson Williams was a little hesitant at first, but didn't take long to get his game feet under him.

Defensively, my first thought is 'this is going to be a long year', but, as the scrimmage progressed, especially in the live quarter, they played at game speed and looked pretty good. Desoto was a worthy opponent and I think they'll be in the playoffs this year! I was impressed with their team speed.

All in all, I was more satisfied after we played the "game situation" quarter. I do know that John Giles will be sorely missed at TE and deep snapper.

Cool Raiderdad. I wasnt there in person. I've talked to a few people and read some papers and post of others that were there at the scrimmage. Sounds like the first part of the situation scrimmage everyone was shaking the "dust off" but once they got a few "hits" in there system they came out looking and playing pretty solid football.

Its good because Desoto isnt a joke and may end up being a Top #15 Texas team this season. Desoto has some "Big Boys dont they". Sounds like Preston Hill played solid football and impressed alot of people with his passing skills. I didnt know Fleet dropped a couple of passes.. That surprises me because I was really impressed by him last season as a 10th grader. He showed me some good hands and I hear is about (6-2/220) now.

I heard also that the Wr-Oliver is probably going to be a playmaker this season.

I heard Colerain had a very shaky scrimmage with Moeller (another Ohio Top #5 team). Basically it was a "tie" and Colerain had alot of turnovers on offense. If I was REL I would bring more "heat" known to man against Colerain "but that's me." Hopefully REL has T. Cuba back for the Ohio game. From what I hear it's looking good. In fact I heard he may get some playing time in the Waco game if he practices some the week before the Waco game. But, if they can have him for the Ohio game I'm sure they would like that.

REL better bring their "A" game against Hollywood-Chaminade. I went and saw them scrimmage last week againt South Plantation. They looked pretty good and have a very well coached team. I wont be surprised at all if they dont dominate everyone here in Florida this season and win State. I have no doubt that they're a Top #5 Florida team regardless of classification.

Anyway, take care.

concha
08-22-2005, 12:15 AM
on this list I see four teams I recognize as really good programs...Harding, St Xavier, St. Ignatius, and Colerain...I will say it once more, when you only have a few good schools, and your team tends to blow others out, some might it makes peopel think you are really good, but until you beat three or four Texas programs in that season you are never really the best team in the nation...Can anyone tell me what Texas teams DeLaSalle beat during their 150 game winning streak,

How many California, Ohio, Florida etc teams did SLC beat?

concha
08-22-2005, 12:32 AM
I think Colerain is going to dominate 95% of the teams they face. They will have their usual 35-10 type of games. Their will be maybe 2 or 3 teams that can play a respecful game in OHIO with Colerain. (The entire season: Regular and Playoffs).

Tyler Lee will have to scrap out probably 4 to 5 regular season games and then live on the edge from week to week in the playoffs.

So, if Tyler Lee (Goes to OHIO) and beats or even plays a game like 28-20. It will show me alot about the overall competition level of the State of Ohio.

Remember.. this game is being played in Ohio. Tyler Lee has every imaginal thing working against them and is facing overwelming odds. So, by all purposes this game should be a BLOWOUT for Colerain.

I mean they're (COLERAIN) like #4 or #5 in the NATION by the so called National guru EXPERTS.

Tyler Lee is considered by most in Texas about the #12 best team going into the season this year in TEXAS. Not the NATION but just in TEXAS.

So, honestly this game should be a BLOWOUT right ?? It should be something like 28-7 or something like that. Big National ranked High school team (Colerain) playing in their backyard with all their fans against a Texas team that wont have probably 1,000 fans there in person.

If Tyler Lee beats Colerain or even plays them to a spread of (10 pts or less). Then that would be a MAJOR slap in the face to Colerain IMO.

But, honestly I think Tyler Lee is going to play Colerain an extremely tough hardfought game (IN OHIO) that will go into the 4th quarter. Just like about 6 or 7 other REL games will be this season if they (REL) go late into the playoffs.

Colerain will go and dominate 95% of the teams they face and beat them to the tune of 35-7 and walk to the Semi-finals or Ohio Title game.

Well now! Is someone singing a different tune?

What happened to "Tyler Lee will win 34-17 and that's probably conservative"?

Colerain does not look to dominate Ohio as they did last year (and in fact looked shaky versus Moeller) and REL is ranked anywhere from #4 to #11 in Texas. Heck, it looks like there could be at least two respectable games for Colerain just in Cincy this year (X and Moe).

TF, shouldn't we be looking at, say, a 42-14 REL win now according to you? Colerain's new QB didn't shine versus Moe and without a solid QB in that option offense.......

What gives???????????

wide-e-wide
08-22-2005, 12:35 AM
How many days until this game finally takes place?

Texasfrog
08-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Well now! Is someone singing a different tune?

What happened to "Tyler Lee will win 34-17 and that's probably conservative"?

Colerain does not look to dominate Ohio as they did last year (and in fact looked shaky versus Moeller) and REL is ranked anywhere from #4 to #11 in Texas. Heck, it looks like there could be at least two respectable games for Colerain just in Cincy this year (X and Moe).

TF, shouldn't we be looking at, say, a 42-14 REL win now according to you? Colerain's new QB didn't shine versus Moe and without a solid QB in that option offense.......

What gives???????????

Let me put it to you like this. Colerain is and is going to be a top #5 Ohio team this season. There is 100% no doubt about that in my mind. The only way that changes is if they take some key injury hits on their team. Other then that they will continue as always on kicking 95% of the OHIO teams in the face and beating them to the tune of 35-10. I'm sure their may be a handful of Ohio teams ( FIVE) in the whole STATE of OHIO that can give Colerain anything that looks like a football game.

REL is going to have to scrap out probably 5 to 6 regular season games down to the wire and probably every playoff game will go into the 4th quarter and be games like (28-21) type of games.

Some Texas polls have REL at #3 & #4, some Texas polls have them around #9 and some have them around #12. Heck , I think here on this site they're like #12th (5A Texas site).

My guess... REL is probably in that #12 area this season. BUT,,, like I've stated to you 1,000 times already. I believe the #1 thru #15 in Texas are pretty close and even most years in Texas.

REL could win this game by 17. I have no doubt about it. THey have the talent and if they get a few breaks they could be up 14-0 by the end of the 1st quarter. I'll tell you something right now. Colerain better not turn that ball over alot like they did against Moeller and Mckinley last season. Colerain puts that ball on the turf a few times and throws a pick here and there. I promise you that Tyler Lee will make them pay. You cant make mistakes like that against Top Texas teams and think its not going to hurt ya.

Also.. REL cant afford to turn the ball over either.

PS. I still think Colerain is going to have to be able to throw the football some. Because I think Tyler Lee will bring more "heat" on that new QB and like I've told you before. His going to be getting hit on every play (with or without the ball) that how you play against the triple option. If he starts to get "happy hands" it might get ugly. But we'll see.

Sounds like REL shook some dust off with the new defense against Desoto and played some scrappy defense. I can promise you that Desoto has a O-line that is just as big and has a couple of "blue-chip" lineman on it, their QB is an athlete (6-0/180/4.4) range and they have the RB's. So, REL played them respectful.

This weeks oppenent (Hollywood Chaminade) is going to be a nice test with some good backs, Big lineman and athletic QB. If the REL defense can tighen up against them and the REL offense takes care of business. I expect the REL team to grow the first couple of games.

Hopefully the National blue-chip FS- T. Cuba is back and ready to play. He'll add alot to the REL defense with him on the field. He'll help tighten up the run defense "ALOT" because not alot gets by him.

But, I know that you're a big National Poll dude. You think those things are 100% legit and I dont. I think some States have alot tougher competition throughout their respective STATE. I also think TEXAS is the toughest State competition speaking.

So, the score could be 17-0 real quick favoring Tyler Lee if Colerain puts the ball on the turf and it bounces REL way.

You still havent answered my question though. You've been speaking about this games for months now. You tout Colerain as having this unstoppable high profile O-line and great RB and stout defense. So, what do you predict the final score is going to be in this game ?? I just want to hear what you think. I'm not going to ATTACK you for what you think.

Here are the facts:

1. Colerain is NATIONALLY RANKED like #4th.
2. Game is being played in OHIO on national TV.
3. Tyler Lee is like ,,lets just say #10th in Texas.

Man, Home game for that National ranked Colerain team against basically the #10th ranked TEXAS team. Man, it should be something like 30-7 right ?

So, what's the score going to be ? :confused:

Texasfrog
08-22-2005, 01:01 AM
How many days until this game finally takes place?

Like 3 weeks.. Then the world starts turning again. :D

concha
08-22-2005, 01:15 AM
That was alot of typing, but it really didn't seem to address why a 17+ point REL win doesn't sound like such a sure thing now. Hmmmm.......

As far as how I see the game now, as I have repeatedly stated, for Colerain the result hinges on the new QB. He didn't impress versus Moe. Plain and simple. That said, he is new and it is early and it's an option offense. Could be he just needs more time. We'll see.

Fortunately, the defense looks solid. I think that the game looks to be a lower-scoring affair at this point given where the QB is.

If Colerain's QB doesn't find decent timing and touch, I think the game is low-scoring close and could go either way. If he does find it, then I think Colerain wins by 2-3 TDs, maybe more if he gets anywhere near how Goodman was last year.

LPFAN
08-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Just a vocabulary lesson for the day. Todays word is....... Concha.

con·cha

con·cha
(plural con·chae
n
1. anatomy shell-shaped part of body: a part of the body shaped like a conch shell, such as the external ear or the central cavity of the ear. Also called conch
2. architecture apse or part of it: an apse, or the plain partial dome of one

[Late 16th century. From Latin , “shell” (see conch).]

-con·chal [kóngk’l], adj
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

I just thought I would find out what the heck a concha was and now I know. I am sure some in here could come up with their own creative definition of a concha. At least one for the Concha that is on this forum. :)

concha
08-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Just a vocabulary lesson for the day. Todays word is....... Concha.

con·cha

con·cha
(plural con·chae
n
1. anatomy shell-shaped part of body: a part of the body shaped like a conch shell, such as the external ear or the central cavity of the ear. Also called conch
2. architecture apse or part of it: an apse, or the plain partial dome of one

[Late 16th century. From Latin , “shell” (see conch).]

-con·chal [kóngk’l], adj
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

I just thought I would find out what the heck a concha was and now I know. I am sure some in here could come up with their own creative definition of a concha. At least one for the Concha that is on this forum. :)

LPF,

My "call sign" is indeed derived from the above. I spent several years living and working in Latin America and married a Latina. In her country, "concha" refers to highly revered part of a woman's anatomy (think of the famous character "Big P***y" from The Sopranos). As you might imagine, it can be used in some very creative expletives. Since I am am frequently on the receiving end of many of these outbursts, I chose "concha" when I started visiting these message boards..

wide-e-wide
08-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Dude you just gave us way too much ammo.
I was stuggling trying to work in gas station reference...hahaha

concha
08-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Dude you just gave us way too much ammo.
I was stuggling trying to work in gas station reference...hahaha

I hope you can yourself entertained. I doubt I'll hear anything new. I've been "concha" for several years now. I wouldn't offer up that info if I thought I'd suffer for it :) .

wide-e-wide
08-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Hey my last name has the word "wide" in it. I have heard them all over the years too.

Texasfrog
08-22-2005, 12:06 PM
That was alot of typing, but it really didn't seem to address why a 17+ point REL win doesn't sound like such a sure thing now. Hmmmm.......

As far as how I see the game now, as I have repeatedly stated, for Colerain the result hinges on the new QB. He didn't impress versus Moe. Plain and simple. That said, he is new and it is early and it's an option offense. Could be he just needs more time. We'll see.

Fortunately, the defense looks solid. I think that the game looks to be a lower-scoring affair at this point given where the QB is.

If Colerain's QB doesn't find decent timing and touch, I think the game is low-scoring close and could go either way. If he does find it, then I think Colerain wins by 2-3 TDs, maybe more if he gets anywhere near how Goodman was last year.

Like I said, if the transfer QB (Thank God for the transfer QB) turns the football over or if Colerain turns the football over a few times (like in the Mckinley game) and apparently like against Moeller in the scimmage. Then REL could be up 17 pts very fast.

That's the biggest difference I seem to notice between Texas and Ohio. In Texas if you turn the football over in the REDZONE like that against top notch teams you will pay the price for it 75% of the time.

If you turn the football over 3 to 4 times in the game against top notch teams (Top #15 Texas teams) you LOSE 90% of the time.

Whoever wins the turnover battle will probably win the game (PERIOD).

** The biggest overcoming factor for Tyler Lee is its a huge "AWAY" game for them and a bigtime "HOMEGAME" for Colerain. It will be like Homecoming 10 times over. That's the biggest factor in the game as far as I'm concerned.

I'll tell you this. No way on God Green earth do I see Colerain running away with the game by 14 or 21 pts. No way, REL has to many skill athletes and is to sound of a team (coached). Especially if FS-T. Cuba is back patrolling the center of the field.

If both teams come in healthy (with Key players) it should be hardfought. If one team gets a couple of (plus turnovers) they could jump out 14 pts real quick.

PS. Colerain new "tranfer QB" better hang on to the football that's all I'm saying.

Bilbo
08-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Wish this game was being played in Texas with the heat like it is now, we burned at the scrimmage Saturday.

raidercheerdad
08-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Wish this game was being played in Texas with the heat like it is now, we burned at the scrimmage Saturday.
I had an umbrella and still finally moved up into the shade of the press box. Do you know why that scrimmage was changed from Fri. to Sat?

I did hear that John Tyler's offense was impressive on Friday nite.

concha
08-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Like I said, if the transfer QB (Thank God for the transfer QB) turns the football over or if Colerain turns the football over a few times (like in the Mckinley game) and apparently like against Moeller in the scimmage. Then REL could be up 17 pts very fast. [FYI, if the transfer QB doesn't work out or gets hit by a bus, Colerain apparently has a couple of solid replacements. As I said, it is early days for him. Adjusting to the triple option game at COlerain takes a little time. We'll see.]

That's the biggest difference I seem to notice between Texas and Ohio. In Texas if you turn the football over in the REDZONE like that against top notch teams you will pay the price for it 75% of the time.

If you turn the football over 3 to 4 times in the game against top notch teams (Top #15 Texas teams) you LOSE 90% of the time.

[I would say the same is true for Ohio. Don't judge by the McKinley-Colerain game. McKinley really wasn't even an Ohio Top 10 and nobody scored on that Colerain defense last year. Heck, they actually held one or two opponents to negative total yardage.]

Whoever wins the turnover battle will probably win the game (PERIOD). [Not an unreasonable assumption if one team nets one or two more than the other.]

** The biggest overcoming factor for Tyler Lee is its a huge "AWAY" game for them and a bigtime "HOMEGAME" for Colerain. It will be like Homecoming 10 times over. That's the biggest factor in the game as far as I'm concerned. [While I cannot deny that there is an advantage here for Colerain, I would point out that Colerain lacks travel experience relative to other top Ohio programs. A team like Elder or X or Iggy travels more in one season that Colerain probably has in the last ten. A trip to Columbus for Colerain is well outside their backyard, in fact. They have rarely played outside Cincinnati. And with national tv involved etc, there will be a big freak-out factor for both groups of kids. Don't think this will be like playing in their home stadium for Colerain. Far from it.]

I'll tell you this. No way on God Green earth do I see Colerain running away with the game by 14 or 21 pts. No way, REL has to many skill athletes and is to sound of a team (coached). Especially if FS-T. Cuba is back patrolling the center of the field. [Depends on the QB. If he clicks at all like Goodman did last season, Colerain will score. Cuba main potential contribution will likely be stopping breakaway runs. He will be one of the few kids on the field with the wheels to get to guys like Sherrer (maybe both of them, the younger, a sophomore, may be faster than Terrance, or Eugene Clifford).]

If both teams come in healthy (with Key players) it should be hardfought. If one team gets a couple of (plus turnovers) they could jump out 14 pts real quick.

PS. Colerain new "tranfer QB" better hang on to the football that's all I'm saying. [What's the latest with REL's "transfer lineman"?]

dragons08
08-22-2005, 06:12 PM
concha man, your going to have to type in english, i cant understand dot language, i heard its tough to master though

concha
08-22-2005, 06:25 PM
concha man, your going to have to type in english, i cant understand dot language, i heard its tough to master though

Those aren't dots. It's just a really really small font. ;)

Texasfrog
08-22-2005, 07:14 PM

Conchee... "COME ON MAN !" This is a major "HOMEGAME" for Colerain. Colerain will have Tyler Lee outnumbered probably 20-1 with fan support.

Tyler Lee will be lucky to have 10% of the stadium crowd rooting for them. Its a short drive down the road for Colerain. What.. about an hour or so away from Cinncy ? Colerain gets to be in their comfort zone.

Colerain will have fan support, major school support, cheerleaders, band and ect. Tyler Lee wont have hardly any of that.

You trying to "SPIN IT" that its really not a homegame for Colerain. COME ON MAN !!

Second, there is a huge "HUGE" difference between getting a "LINEMAN" kid that NEVER has played organized football to transfer into a school and getting a "SKILL KID" that's been playing football and his of all things a "QB."

Sounds like Colerain knew they needed a QB and somehow found a kid (Pride) that might be able to run that option game.

Lets see a "LINEMAN" that's NEVER played football compared to a "QB" that's been playing the triple option offense for years ? Hmmmm...

Just so you know.. I'm not sure about the kid that transfered to Tyler Lee. I dont think he was with the starting unit at the Desoto scrimmage. But, maybe one of the posters that was at the scrimmage knows. I didnt see his name on one of the Tyler Lee's 2005 Varsity roster that I have. I dont think's his even on the team now, but I'll find out.

Anyway, I hear the O-line looked pretty sharp once it shook that early dust off and played pretty good. Looking at the Lineup of starting O-lineman that I saw for Tyler Lee. The O-line should be about (6-2/265) average with pretty solid TE (6-2/220) and WR (6-3/210) throwing some blocks down field.

Te- Tyler Fleet and WR-Jacob Amie are both probably D-1A kids next season when their seniors. I hear a couple of the junior O-lineman have a good shot to be D-1A recruits also.

QB-Preston Hill (6-2/195/4.5) , RB- Jason Williams (5-11/205/4.5) and WR-Jon Williams (6-1/190/4.5) will be D-1A signees this season. I'm 99.99% sure of that. There is also a couple of seniors kids on Tyler Lee defense that will most likely get D-1A offers before the seasons out.

So, they have some very solid "Blue chip" caliber talent on the team. I wont be surprised to see about 9 Sr/Jr on this Tyler Lee team get D-1A offers this season and next.

But, I havent seen the team play this season. I'm getting 90% of my info from a few people that have been to some practices and the scrimmage.

Did you see the the qoute from Coach Owens about Desoto after the scrimmage the team and tied 21-21. " Desoto has just as much talent and size of any team we'll play against this season."

concha
08-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Scuttlebutt from some of the Colerain faithful is that they aren't liking what they are seeing at the QB position. Seems that the new guy isn't showing much improvement. Not good news for them. At all. But maybe it'll be good news for my St. Xavier Bombers, who play them in game one.... :D

Texasfrog
08-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Scuttlebutt from some of the Colerain faithful is that they aren't liking what they are seeing at the QB position. Seems that the new guy isn't showing much improvement. Not good news for them. At all. But maybe it'll be good news for my St. Xavier Bombers, who play them in game one.... :D

To be honest with you. I havent seen St.X play at "EVER". But, I have no doubt they're one of those Top #6 or so Ohio teams. It wouldnt surprise me at all if Colerain gets upset in the game by St.X.

I'm telling you right now. One of the biggest keys to the option offense is having a QB that is magic with the football. If this new kid "PRIDE" is iffy and doesnt make good reads and has happy hands it could hurt Colerain alot.

You cant give a team like REL good field position with turnovers a few times because they're going to score. That's the one thing I can promise you right now is Tyler Lee will be able to move the football and if you give them field positon a few times.....

PS. Question for you Conche ? Moeller is a top notch Ohio school and basically played Colerain to lets say a 7-7 tie (4th quarters). We'll see what St. Xavier does but if the game turns out something like 14-10 or 17-14.

Well you believe that the Texas offensives are pretty explosive and high powered if Tyler Lee scores 28 pts on Colerain ?

Because if Tyler Lee comes into the game healthy on offense. I think they can score at least 3 to maybe 4 touchdowns on Colerain. I think their offense is pretty good (if healthy to all the skill kids),, I strongly believe they can move the football on Colerain.

They have a really "balanced offense" with some solid passing and running players and pretty solid O-line." With the play-action they specialize in and all the formations. It should be interesting.

PS. If (PRIDE) is shaky in the St. X game do they move him to WR and put someone else at QB to get ready for Tyler Lee ??

concha
08-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Conchee... "COME ON MAN !" This is a major "HOMEGAME" for Colerain. Colerain will have Tyler Lee outnumbered probably 20-1 with fan support.

Tyler Lee will be lucky to have 10% of the stadium crowd rooting for them. Its a short drive down the road for Colerain. What.. about an hour or so away from Cinncy ? Colerain gets to be in their comfort zone.

Colerain will have fan support, major school support, cheerleaders, band and ect. Tyler Lee wont have hardly any of that.

You trying to "SPIN IT" that its really not a homegame for Colerain. COME ON MAN !!

Second, there is a huge "HUGE" difference between getting a "LINEMAN" kid that NEVER has played organized football to transfer into a school and getting a "SKILL KID" that's been playing football and his of all things a "QB."

Sounds like Colerain knew they needed a QB and somehow found a kid (Pride) that might be able to run that option game.

Lets see a "LINEMAN" that's NEVER played football compared to a "QB" that's been playing the triple option offense for years ? Hmmmm...

Just so you know.. I'm not sure about the kid that transfered to Tyler Lee. I dont think he was with the starting unit at the Desoto scrimmage. But, maybe one of the posters that was at the scrimmage knows. I didnt see his name on one of the Tyler Lee's 2005 Varsity roster that I have. I dont think's his even on the team now, but I'll find out.

Anyway, I hear the O-line looked pretty sharp once it shook that early dust off and played pretty good. Looking at the Lineup of starting O-lineman that I saw for Tyler Lee. The O-line should be about (6-2/265) average with pretty solid TE (6-2/220) and WR (6-3/210) throwing some blocks down field.

Te- Tyler Fleet and WR-Jacob Amie are both probably D-1A kids next season when their seniors. I hear a couple of the junior O-lineman have a good shot to be D-1A recruits also.

QB-Preston Hill (6-2/195/4.5) , RB- Jason Williams (5-11/205/4.5) and WR-Jon Williams (6-1/190/4.5) will be D-1A signees this season. I'm 99.99% sure of that. There is also a couple of seniors kids on Tyler Lee defense that will most likely get D-1A offers before the seasons out.

So, they have some very solid "Blue chip" caliber talent on the team. I wont be surprised to see about 9 Sr/Jr on this Tyler Lee team get D-1A offers this season and next.

But, I havent seen the team play this season. I'm getting 90% of my info from a few people that have been to some practices and the scrimmage.

Did you see the the qoute from Coach Owens about Desoto after the scrimmage the team and tied 21-21. " Desoto has just as much talent and size of any team we'll play against this season."

1) No spin. I made no attempt to claim that Colerain wouldn't have advantages. I simply said it will not be quite the "home game" that you imagine for them. They are accustomed to playing in the Cincy area, not travelling to Columbus. And they will be freaked out by the hype and national tv also.

2) If you want to think that Colerain went shopping, then that is your prerogative. He is a local kid. BTW, as I understand it, Pride is not a triple option QB by experience. I believe he came from a school that ran the veer? There are Cards fans who are grumbling about getting Reynolds (sophomore backup) in there. A young kid, but from the sounds of things solid. It would allow them to put Pride, a solid athlete, elsewhere on the field. This is not a good situation for Colerain. This may be the first year in several that Colerain's QB might be suspect. If their QB struggles, then all that talent they have elsewhere on offense is severely hamstringed.

Also, Cobrani Mixon injured his knee. They expect him back, though.

concha
08-22-2005, 08:56 PM
To be honest with you. I havent seen St.X play at "EVER". But, I have no doubt they're one of those Top #6 or so Ohio teams. It wouldnt surprise me at all if Colerain gets upset in the game by St.X. [X is certainly one of the top programs in Ohio. I did not give them much of a shot versus Colerain until the news of potential Colerain QB troubles started. X is noted for having very good defenses in most years. If Colerain's QB is not up to the statndard they have enjoyed in recent years, then X might have a chance in a low-scoring affair.]

I'm telling you right now. One of the biggest keys to the option offense is having a QB that is magic with the football. [Agree 110%] If this new kid "PRIDE" is iffy and doesnt make good reads and has happy hands it could hurt Colerain alot. [You're preaching to the choir on this]

You cant give a team like REL good field position with turnovers a few times because they're going to score. That's the one thing I can promise you right now is Tyler Lee will be able to move the football and if you give them field positon a few times..... [It looks like Colerain's defense will be excellent again this year. Don't count on alot of scoring. They've blanked 2 pre-season opponents in a row and will only get better. They'll lack the utter dominating d-line of '04, but at LB they will be better and probably also in the 2ndary. barring scores off of turnovers, if REL can score 4 TDs on sustained drives, I will give them props.]

PS. Question for you Conche ? Moeller is a top notch Ohio school and basically played Colerain to lets say a 7-7 tie (4th quarters). We'll see what St. Xavier does but if the game turns out something like 14-10 or 17-14.

Well you believe that the Texas offensives are pretty explosive and high powered if Tyler Lee scores 28 pts on Colerain ? [See above]

Because if Tyler Lee comes into the game healthy on offense. I think they can score at least 3 to maybe 4 touchdowns on Colerain. I think their offense is pretty good (if healthy to all the skill kids),, I strongly believe they can move the football on Colerain.

They have a really "balanced offense" with some solid passing and running players and pretty solid O-line." With the play-action they specialize in and all the formations. It should be interesting.

PS. If (PRIDE) is shaky in the St. X game do they move him to WR and put someone else at QB to get ready for Tyler Lee ??
[If he is shaky versus X then I think REL will have a real shot at beating them. I can't guess what Coach Coombs would do, but when the Cardinal faithful openly express doubts, you have to wonder what's going on. Part of the problem appears to be his size. He lacks the height (and thus vision) that Goodman had and it looks like it's affecting his reads]

Texasfrog
08-22-2005, 08:57 PM
1) No spin. I made no attempt to claim that Colerain wouldn't have advantages. I simply said it will not be quite the "home game" that you imagine for them. They are accustomed to playing in the Cincy area, not travelling to Columbus. And they will be freaked out by the hype and national tv also.

2) If you want to think that Colerain went shopping, then that is your prerogative. He is a local kid. BTW, as I understand it, Pride is not a triple option QB by experience. I believe he came from a school that ran the veer? There are Cards fans who are grumbling about getting Reynolds (sophomore backup) in there. A young kid, but from the sounds of things solid. It would allow them to put Pride, a solid athlete, elsewhere on the field. This is not a good situation for Colerain. This may be the first year in several that Colerain's QB might be suspect. If their QB struggles, then all that talent they have elsewhere on offense is severely hamstringed.

Also, Cobrani Mixon injured his knee. They expect him back, though.

Ya, I saw where he had a banged up knee. Sounds like he might have to play the whole season with bad knee.

With Tek Cuba out with a knee injury. I wouldnt like to see that game played without two of the bigger name blue-chip recuits in it.

I expect that both kids wont miss this game even if they're only 85% or so.

dragons08
08-22-2005, 09:00 PM
you said it was real small font, i tried enlarging, to no avail my friend(you know im just messing i hope) i think this board is in english, lets keep it that way!

Texasfrog
08-22-2005, 09:07 PM
you said it was real small font, i tried enlarging, to no avail my friend(you know im just messing i hope) i think this board is in english, lets keep it that way!

Dragon8, I told you to stop playing on the PC and get out to football practice field. Dont tell me you have those quick shaky moves either.

When I see SLC on tv this year I want to see some kid with "Dragon08" on his shirt acting like a total fool in the stands ok. Just stay out of trouble though.

PS. How about getting on the push-up team after SLC scores. You can knock out about 60 pushup right ? Something tells me that's going to be pretty much the average.

wide-e-wide
08-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Face painted...complete with Chase Daniel Mizzou gear on...that would be tight.

Texasfrog
08-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Face painted...complete with Chase Daniel Mizzou gear on...that would be tight.

hahahaha... TO MUCH !!!!

PS. If he cant clap between each push-up I dont want him on it !!!

concha
08-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Ya, I saw where he had a banged up knee. Sounds like he might have to play the whole season with bad knee.

With Tek Cuba out with a knee injury. I wouldnt like to see that game played without two of the bigger name blue-chip recuits in it.

I expect that both kids wont miss this game even if they're only 85% or so.

Cobra had knee surgery last year if memeory serves. This is not a good thing for him.

I would want to see both of these promising youngsters playing also.

dragons08
08-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Dragon8, I told you to stop playing on the PC and get out to football practice field. Dont tell me you have those quick shaky moves either.

When I see SLC on tv this year I want to see some kid with "Dragon08" on his shirt acting like a total fool in the stands ok. Just stay out of trouble though.

PS. How about getting on the push-up team after SLC scores. You can knock out about 60 pushup right ? Something tells me that's going to be pretty much the average.
just look at the band, you'll see some incredilby hyper, saxophone, jumping around screaming like a weirdo, thatd be me

Texasfrog
08-22-2005, 09:23 PM
just look at the band, you'll see some incredilby hyper, saxophone, jumping around screaming like a weirdo, thatd be me

Ya, but I want to see you knocking some "ONE HANDED PUSH-UPS" out ok. Put down the instrument and start "Pushing the earth" after each SLC score.

PS. One Handed !!!!

Texasfrog
08-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Cobra had knee surgery last year if memeory serves. This is not a good thing for him.

I would want to see both of these promising youngsters playing also.

From just about everthing I've heard about Cuba. He should be back for the Colerain game and might see some spot time in the Waco game.

It all depends on his rehab. But, I feel pretty good that he'll be on the field for Colerain. I think its going to hurt REL not having him on the field this week against Hollywood Chaminade.

Hollywood Chaminade has a pretty solid team. I went and saw their scrimmage last week against South Plantation. They have about 8 blue-chips (SR & JR) and are extremely well coached.

I have no doubt they will win the Florida 2A title this year. None at all. I'm thinking they're probably about the #3 or #4 best team in the entire State of Florida this season.

Probably Jacksonville Bolles, St.Thomas Aguinas and then Chaminade.

dragons08
08-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Ya, but I want to see you knocking some "ONE HANDED PUSH-UPS" out ok. Put down the instrument and start "Pushing the earth" after each SLC score.

PS. One Handed !!!!
right on, i'll start training right now, i could maybe do one one handed, but a more than that...no way jose

Reaganrattler07
08-22-2005, 09:35 PM
right on, i'll start training right now, i could maybe do one one handed, but a more than that...no way jose

Lol, he'll be so tired he won't be able to post for a week....wait a minute...for those of us trying to catch up that may be a good thing...

dragons08
08-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Lol, he'll be so tired he won't be able to post for a week....wait a minute...for those of us trying to catch up that may be a good thing...
pushups dont invole finger muscles man, nice try though

Texasfrog
08-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Conche, it looks like the kid that transfered into REL from the local private school is on the team and is the starting "LT" and listed at (6-3/285) Sr.

His also one of the backup DE. So, he must be a pretty solid athlete I imagine.

Also, it looks like REL projected (5 men interior line) is going to avg. (6-1/265)

concha
08-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Conche, it looks like the kid that transfered into REL from the local private school is on the team and is the starting "LT" and listed at (6-3/285) Sr.

His also one of the backup DE. So, he must be a pretty solid athlete I imagine.

Also, it looks like REL projected (5 men interior line) is going to avg. (6-1/265)

TF,

I read an article that said he was a talented kid with good size.

Colerain plays my St. Xavier Bombers on Saturday as part of a very big multi-game event in Cincy. LB Cobrani Mixon should be out (knee) for Colerain. X usually has a very solid defense and is ranked in the top 3 in the area, so it's going to be interesting seeing how Colerain's new QB performs. As I've said all along, if this kid doesn't click then Colerain is vulnerable. Word is that Colerain's offense is going to give some new looks this year and mix in uber-athlete Eugene Clifford, who normally plays d-back. That would put alot of speed and talent on the field with Sherer and company to choose from also.

Colerain catch pre-season phrase right now: "It's the QB, stupid."

We'll see........

Texasfrog
08-26-2005, 11:32 AM
TF,

I read an article that said he was a talented kid with good size.

Colerain plays my St. Xavier Bombers on Saturday as part of a very big multi-game event in Cincy. LB Cobrani Mixon should be out (knee) for Colerain. X usually has a very solid defense and is ranked in the top 3 in the area, so it's going to be interesting seeing how Colerain's new QB performs. As I've said all along, if this kid doesn't click then Colerain is vulnerable. Word is that Colerain's offense is going to give some new looks this year and mix in uber-athlete Eugene Clifford, who normally plays d-back. That would put alot of speed and talent on the field with Sherer and company to choose from also.

Colerain catch pre-season phrase right now: "It's the QB, stupid."

We'll see........

They better be careful with that. The kid might get have a fragile "ego" and all this talk might get inside his head. Then he makes a couple of mistakes in the St.X game and it multiplies the problems.

" Kind of like baseball pitchers, they have a couple of bad games and their whole seasons is blown because its in their head and they never really recover."

I think this St.X game is going to be interesing. I believe both teams are Top #5 Ohio teams so it's probably a toss-up right now. Especially if Colerain has a blue-chip "injury" and QB "issues."

Texasfrog
08-27-2005, 06:01 PM
To be honest with you. I havent seen St.X play at "EVER". But, I have no doubt they're one of those Top #6 or so Ohio teams. It wouldnt surprise me at all if Colerain gets upset in the game by St.X.

I'm telling you right now. One of the biggest keys to the option offense is having a QB that is magic with the football. If this new kid "PRIDE" is iffy and doesnt make good reads and has happy hands it could hurt Colerain alot.

You cant give a team like REL good field position with turnovers a few times because they're going to score. That's the one thing I can promise you right now is Tyler Lee will be able to move the football and if you give them field positon a few times.....

Well you believe that the Texas offensives are pretty explosive and high powered if Tyler Lee scores 28 pts on Colerain ?

WOW. !!! I called that one didnt I Concheee. I told you that I wouldnt be surprised to see St.X beat Colerain. Final score 7-0.

No offense by either team. We'll see how REL does.

Texasfrog
08-29-2005, 12:49 PM
OK. Here you go:

Colerain's o-line led by Connor Smith will make football ragu out of REL's d-line. Not that they'll need to, since REL's defense won't have a clue where the ball is anyway. My only worry is the Colerain's QB and RB will get tired from running so far down field every play. And don't get me started about what Colerain's defense will do.... ;)

How's that?

If you like, I could invite a few more Ohioans over here... :eek:

Heres another Conche

concha
08-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgePride

We all get to have our fun until after the game is played. I wish there were more from Ohio talking a little smack -

__________________________________________________ _________
OK. Here you go:

Colerain's o-line led by Connor Smith will make football ragu out of REL's d-line. Not that they'll need to, since REL's defense won't have a clue where the ball is anyway. My only worry is the Colerain's QB and RB will get tired from running so far down field every play. And don't get me started about what Colerain's defense will do....

How's that?

If you like, I could invite a few more Ohioans over here...

There's this thing called "context", TF.....It was a joke.