PDA

View Full Version : A question about wives...?

wide-e-wide
11-13-2005, 03:23 AM

jtk1519
11-13-2005, 03:39 AM
Wives (or any family member for that matter) should be off limits. Of course, I'm single, so what do I know.

To attack a person or his family in a personal manner behind the veil of an internet message board is cowardly and shameful. I don't see how it has any place here and I certainly don't see what good would come of such attacks. If you have a beef... a legit beef with someone, be a man, put down your keyboard and handle it like a man.

I can try and give wide the "be a bigger man" speech and encourage him to ignore such idiocy, but there are lines that can be crossed. Lines that leave people a position that they feel dictates a stern reponse. Obviously, wide has found himself in such a situation. I'm sure he knows that his actions will not go unpunished, but it is hard for me to be critical of someone when that person responds just as I would if I were in the same situation.

That's about all I have to say.

wide-e-wide
11-13-2005, 03:55 AM
Wives (or any family member for that matter) should be off limits. Of course, I'm single, so what do I know.

To attack a person or his family in a personal manner behind the veil of an internet message board is cowardly and shameful. I don't see how it has any place here and I certainly don't see what good would come of such attacks. If you have a beef... a legit beef with someone, be a man, put down your keyboard and handle it like a man.

I can try and give wide the "be a bigger man" speech and encourage him to ignore such idiocy, but there are lines that can be crossed. Lines that leave people a position that they feel dictates a stern reponse. Obviously, wide has found himself in such a situation. I'm sure he knows that his actions will not go unpunished, but it is hard for me to be critical of someone when that person responds just as I would if I were in the same situation.

That's about all I have to say.

big ups jtk...

but I'm ghetto..and my wife is ghetto trash....so what do I know...?

And the "if you want a real man" remark from RedRage...appreciate it...that was funny...

What the heck can your young *** do for my wife?

She thought it was especially humorous....and we had our trailer house rockin' with laughter...

jtk1519
11-13-2005, 04:10 AM
This is one of the biggest drawbacks to internet message boards... it has made internet bullies out of cowardly thumb sucking, bed wetting, Mom's basement living, blow up doll loving sacks of wasted meat that are probably nothing more than the end result of a drunken back-seat grope-fest and a broken prophylactic (Family Guy).

I miss the good ole' days when somebody talked trash, and then you met him at the monkey bars to whip the ever-lovin' fire out of him. That way, he new if he talked back again, the swift fury of my fist would quickly meet his face and our differences would be settled with the spilling of his blood. Too many chicken-sh** cowards now days.

lonny23
11-13-2005, 04:15 AM
Wide, what they said about your wife wasn't a nice thing to say. If you don't want people to say stuff like that, then you need to look at your own actions that lead to them saying that stuff. You provoked those posts by things you've said over the last few weeks. The admins don't want any of that stuff and that's why they deleted a bunch of posts in that thread.

lonny23
11-13-2005, 04:16 AM
This is one of the biggest drawbacks to internet message boards... it has made internet bullies out of cowardly thumb sucking, bed wetting, Mom's basement living, blow up doll loving sacks of wasted meat that are probably nothing more than the end result of a drunken back-seat grope-fest and a broken prophylactic (Family Guy).

I miss the good ole' days when somebody talked trash, and then you met him at the monkey bars to whip the ever-lovin' fire out of him. That way, he new if he talked back again, the swift fury of my fist would quickly meet his face and our differences would be settled with the spilling of his blood. Too many chicken-sh** cowards now days.
You have a lot of good points, but you don't see the whole story.

jtk1519
11-13-2005, 04:24 AM
You have a lot of good points, but you don't see the whole story.

I'm sure you are right, but there still has to be a basic code of conduct. One that dictates that personal attacks should not be made on those unable to defend themselves. It seems pretty low otherwise.

I'm not trying to defend wide or his actions because, frankly, I have no clue what thread you guys are talking about, but I can't blame him for getting pissed at personal attacks on his wife. I would do the same.

lonny23
11-13-2005, 04:37 AM
I'm sure you are right, but there still has to be a basic code of conduct. One that dictates that personal attacks should not be made on those unable to defend themselves. It seems pretty low otherwise.

I'm not trying to defend wide or his actions because, frankly, I have no clue what thread you guys are talking about, but I can't blame him for getting pissed at personal attacks on his wife. I would do the same.
You're right, there has to be a code. Many things have been said recently that shouldn't have been said. The wife thing is one of them.