PDA

View Full Version : The most elaborate HS playbook you've ever heard of.

agmc27
09-28-2008, 01:27 PM
I've heard that Ennis had a 1000 play- playbook back when Graham Harrell was there and that they had a 10 different audibles ready to be used before the snap at any given time. Has anyone heard of NFL caliber playbooks for any other HS teams?

dragonsdaddy
09-28-2008, 02:19 PM
that 1000 was rounded up, i'm thinking. the ennis offense was pretty special in those days. they were the closest thing to stephenville in those days.

CACoach
10-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Anyone can draw a ton of plays and stick them in a book. I think its the quality of the plays that determins how elaborate a playbook really is, and if a high school team really has close to a 1,000 plays i think they are wasting there time. theres no way they could ever run that many plays in one season so why waste there time on them if they arent going to be used. Especially when they could be using that time to get better at what they do. If you look at alot of great teams all over the country its not that they have a ton of plays its that they are great at what they do.

The King
11-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Playbooks are a waste of time. You either now it or you don't. If you throw more plays at the players than what they can leard your wasting time cause they won't be able to execute.

We always ended the season with more plays than when we began. I think it was like 75 to 150 though.

abileneeagles311
11-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Playbooks are a waste of time. You either now it or you don't. If you throw more plays at the players than what they can leard your wasting time cause they won't be able to execute.

We always ended the season with more plays than when we began. I think it was like 75 to 150 though.
yeah, i don't see any HS team executing anywhere close to 1000 plays.:eek::eek::eek:

agmc27
11-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Ennis and Graham Harrell did back in the day. I guess there was a reason why he's the alltime leading passer in Texas HS Football history.

The King
11-20-2008, 12:24 PM
yeah, i don't see any HS team executing anywhere close to 1000 plays.:eek::eek::eek:

We had a lot, but we had a lot of plays that used the same blocking scheme for the OL (just different in the backfield & Wr's) trying to get a matchup they wanted.

We always seemed to add a few a week.