PDA

View Full Version : The best QB in Texas regardless of Classification

LP-79
05-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Who is going to be the best QB in Texas High school football this next year? Regardless of how big the school is! In my opinion he plays for a 3a SCHOOL. I will wait till I see what everybody else's opinion is before I give mine. I bet Scooter knows who he is! LOL :eek:

KT2000
05-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Matt Stafford, Highland Park

Texasfrog
05-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Javen Snead (Stephenville). Any QB kid that Urban Meyer (Florida) see's enough in to give a "ship" to has my nod. Plus, I think the kid is pretty solid.

ktchamp97
05-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Who is going to be the best QB in Texas High school football this next year? Regardless of how big the school is! In my opinion he plays for a 3a SCHOOL. I will wait till I see what everybody else's opinion is before I give mine. I bet Scooter knows who he is! LOL :eek:

Gilbert Moye and Ryan Mallett have to be the top underclassmen.

jtk1519
05-29-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm gonna go with Mallet. Any kid who stands 6'6 230 as a soph. has got to be something special.

LP-79
05-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Gilbert Moye from Jasper. If he can get more accurate He should be one of the best. He is just a junior so he has time.

NewSherriffInTown
05-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Matt Stafford, Highland Park

Nice pick KT...

that's who I said is my top senior in the other thread...just on videos though. :mad: Hopefully I can make my rounds this year to see ALOT of players and teams that we've all been talking about.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-31-2005, 08:04 AM
Gilbert Moye. period.

Gryegl
06-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Stand by for a big surprise! And from under the radar.......

RGVBadBoy
06-16-2005, 12:00 PM
David Garza from Laredo United....NOT SOUTH....is gonna be pretty good, he threw for 2,300yrds and stands 6'1 180....he is really fast in the 300m hurdles and is a great scrambler.....i think he SHOULD be looked at, not as the best in texas, but a good one..

lklgb
06-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Brent Garner of Copperas Cove may not be the best QB in Texas but I would put him in the top 10.He can run as well as he throws.Also a darn good baseball player(batted 560 this year)

slc0204
06-16-2005, 12:19 PM
top soph riley dodge

dragonsdaddy
06-16-2005, 01:10 PM
he won't be this year, but 06 and 07 he's got a chance to put some wins and yards on his resume, for sure.

implacable44
06-16-2005, 01:24 PM
javen snead.

LarryFine
06-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Javen Snead (Stephenville). Any QB kid that Urban Meyer (Florida) see's enough in to give a "ship" to has my nod. Plus, I think the kid is pretty solid. :D

How about a kid Mike Leach offers? :D :D :D That is who gets my nod, plus Potts' production stacks up well. I find it funny that people in Texas still tend to over look or discount Mike Leach's opinion of QBs. :D

drgnbkr
06-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Larry Fine...did you formerly post as technote on this board?

Texas Hammer
06-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Larry Fine...did you formerly post as technote on this board?
I want to know how Moe, Curly, Shemp, and Curly Joe are doing! :D

Texasfrog
06-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Javen Snead (Stephenville). Any QB kid that Urban Meyer (Florida) see's enough in to give a "ship" to has my nod. Plus, I think the kid is pretty solid. :D

How about a kid Mike Leach offers? :D :D :D That is who gets my nod, plus Potts' production stacks up well. I find it funny that people in Texas still tend to over look or discount Mike Leach's opinion of QBs. :D

I dont discount Mike Leach's selection of QB prospects. He does a great job of getting QB's that can play in that wild Texas Tech system. But, I do think QB-Jevan Snead is probably going to be really special at the next level (as well as a few other Texas QB seniors for 2006 class).

southlake thug
06-17-2005, 10:30 AM
hands down.. McElroy is the best

dragonsdaddy
06-17-2005, 11:01 AM
gosh thug, despite being a homer you went with your boy. twas a tough call no doubt. i too think he will be the best when all is said and done, but let's get a start or 12 on his resume before we put him up for the heisman.

LeanderLions3033
06-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Stafford in 4a
McElroy in 5a

Until proven otherwise, a Southlake Carroll qb will always get my nod. You can't just have 3 straight 5a players of the year and not get my nod. I hope UT decides to go after him after this Mitch Mustain guy screws us over like Perrilouser last year.

southlake thug
06-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Stafford in 4a
McElroy in 5a

Until proven otherwise, a Southlake Carroll qb will always get my nod. You can't just have 3 straight 5a players of the year and not get my nod. I hope UT decides to go after him after this Mitch Mustain guy screws us over like Perrilouser last year.

I could not agree with you more

Bootsdaddy
06-18-2005, 04:16 AM
Im sure McElroy will put up big numbers this year but to proclaim him the best QB in Texas before his first varsity start is a little biased. And as far as the 3 straight 5A player of the year-its very impressive but its starting to look like they are products of the system ala Texas Tech.

Personally I'm going with junior Jeremy Claybon of Lufkin! j/k

RGVBadBoy
06-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Stafford in 4a
McElroy in 5a

yep, i dont really like that Mustain kid, i saw his team play against Shreveport (LA) Evangel and he did not impress, he was only a soph, but NOPE, i was not impressed, i think Texas shouldve been all over Snead and Stafford as well as some big name outa state kids..

LeanderLions3033
06-18-2005, 12:18 PM
RGVbadboy,

I'm sorry to start this, but you kill me with your qb talk. Mustain is arguably the best qb coming out of this class. The only reason i dont think he will come to UT is because he has alot of instate pressure, and its coming from a state that absolutley hates Texas. McElroy would be a nice alternative if we dont land Mustain, but trust me Mustain is number one on every UT fans list, and that included Stafford, Snead, Harris, and Potts. Al Pena didnt impress you as a sophomore, Mitch Mustain didnt impress you as a sophomore, give them credit, they were both sophomores (i realize you said that in both of your post about qbs but thats not the point). The stride you make from your sophomore to your junior year is the one that tells whether or not you will be recruited. Jeez, what highly touted qbs are you impressed with besides the ones from the RGV?