PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 football

forest99
05-28-2005, 09:31 PM
hey, anybody know anything about the brackets and teams in the cy creek or "the" woodlands SQT????

Texasfrog
05-29-2005, 09:47 AM
HOUSTON TEXANS 7 on 7 INVITATIONAL:

Tyler Lee finished 2nd in their Pool at the Houston Texans Invitational. They lost to Houston Dulles 42-29 but did beat the Woodlands 40-22.

They play some games today with Katy Cinco Ranch, Houston Lamar and S.A. Clark.

I saw the Tyler Lee roster and it looks like alot of their skill kids (Qb, Rb, Wr's and Db's) for next season are playing in this 7 on 7 tournament.

Heck, If I got invited by the Houston Texans to come play at their facility I would do it to.

CenTex
05-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Does anyone have all the results of the tournament play yesterday and what the schedules and times are for today's games. Thanks!

supercentex
05-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Championship slots for Midway, Brownwood

May 28, 2005 -- One of three 7-on-7 State Qualifying Tournaments across the Lone Star State today has been postponed until Memorial Day on Monday.

(Welcome to Texasfootball.com, your home for 7-on-7 Football across the Lone Star State since 1998.)

The 16-team SQT at Colleyville Heritage which included USA Today national champion Southlake Carroll was stopped midway through pool play due to severe thunderstorms in the North Texas area. Colleyville Heritage coaches met with other coaches and event officials and suspended play until 1:30 PM on Monday.

The Denton SQT also faced a considerable delay due to storms in the North Texas area, but the status of the event was unknown.

In Round Rock, heavy rains moved out of the Central area late morning - enough for 4A Midway and 4A Brownwood to advance to the championship game of the 16-team SQT and gain automatic bids to the 64-team 7-on-7 State Championship in July. Brownwood won the championship game, 44-23, with A&M Consolidated doubling Round Rock Westwood, 28-14, in the other semifinal of pool winners. Both Midway and Brownwood were among the field of 64 at the 2004 7-on-7 State Championship, with Midway advancing to the championship field of 32 teams following pool play.