PDA

View Full Version : "I ghost wrote for the McCain Campaing"

Firebird
09-24-2008, 10:45 AM
A Dutch journalist writes letters to the editor as a volunteer for the McCain campaign. In one letter she claims to have a child in Iraq. With documentation. The campaign does not deny her story, but says she did not properly identify herself. She says she did. No way to resolve that:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/09/24/mccain_letters/

Wow. I feel slime from every party.

pied
09-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Pretty crappy, but who really cares. Kind of a non-story, I mean who reads these and is convinced. Then again, how many of those make there way into an email and are posted here.

Who would publish these types of letters in the liberal main stream media to begin with then?

Firebird
09-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Pretty crappy, but who really cares. Kind of a non-story, I mean who reads these and is convinced. Then again, how many of those make there way into an email and are posted here.

Who would publish these types of letters in the liberal main stream media to begin with then?

I didn't realize that the campaigns actually wrote those themselves and then got other people to sign off on it. I think that's about as unethical as you can get......so in that sense, it is a story. I don't condone the reporter's behavior, but it's interesting to see that the campaign is perfectly willing to use make-believe letters about kids in Iraq.

pied
09-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Disappointing, but not shocking I'd say. Kind of like when you hear that the callers into radio shows work for the show and are plants.

To your point, I think we should hold uor elected officials higher than our radio personalilties.

LoneRocket
09-25-2008, 10:06 AM
--