PDA

View Full Version : The 25 largest stadiums in the world

jtk1519
09-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Kinda cool to see that the Cotton Bowl (#17) and DKR (#13) have both joined this list within the past couple of months...

http://community.prepticket.com/photo/photo/show?id=823292%3APhoto%3A64628&context=album&albumId=823292%3AAlbum%3A64642

And I have said this before, I hate Barca, but Camp Nou has to be one of the coolest stadiums in the world...

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3163/115497613bm3.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Camp_nou_2.jpg

Fleeman93
09-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Why no NASCAR tracks?

cougardude
09-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Why no NASCAR tracks?

They're not considered stadiums maybe? ;)

jtk1519
09-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Why no NASCAR tracks?

Because NASCAR is not a sport.

SLC
09-22-2008, 10:42 PM

It's a way of life....

tayb
09-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Why no NASCAR tracks?

Because people making left turns for hours on end isn't a sport. Unless it is a competition to see who can down sleep pills and stay awake the longest watching it... and even then it still isn't a sport.

stevefoxsc
09-22-2008, 10:47 PM
formula 1 has more cred than nascar

SLC
Because people making left turns for hours on end isn't a sport. Unless it is a competition to see who can down sleep pills and stay awake the longest watching it... and even then it still isn't a sport.

I still love it though...

the_phoenix612

Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

SLC
09-22-2008, 10:48 PM

:eek:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tayb
09-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I still love it though...

I love Pepperjack cheese and crackers.

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 10:51 PM
http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/

Indy-250k seats, plus infield...

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

Do we really have to go over this again?

lmao

You sit in a 150+ degree car for 5 hours and drive 200 mph just a few inches from other cars.

SLC
09-22-2008, 10:53 PM

lmao

You sit in a 150+ degree car for 5 hours and drive 200 mph just a few inches from other cars.

They wouldnt know... Dont even bother...

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 10:56 PM

Yeah, we've been over it before. LMao. I just think the ignorance is hilarious.

SLC
09-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah, we've been over it before. LMao. I just think the ignorance is hilarious.

It's extremely hilarious...

the_phoenix612
09-22-2008, 11:00 PM

lmao

you sit.

on your ***.

and turn left.

over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over

t-long20
09-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Why no NASCAR tracks?

Because driving a car for hours requires no athletic ability.

SLC
09-22-2008, 11:05 PM
you sit.

on your ***.

and turn left.

over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over

Unless your at Sonoma...or Watkins Glenn

SLC
09-22-2008, 11:06 PM

Try it..... for 5 hours... then lets talk

t-long20
09-22-2008, 11:07 PM

lmao

Do you have to lift weights and condition for that? Is there a hall of fame?

Sitting on your fanny and driving is NOT a sport. We're talking about a stadium where we actually see the person doing athletic things not sitting on your butt,shifting gears, and making left turns.

Yeah thats a real sporting event. What teams are playing?:rolleyes:

t-long20
09-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Try it..... for 5 hours... then lets talk

There are already people who do it for a living.

There're called truck drivers

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 11:08 PM
I know no one is going to read this, but if you don't, don't tell me Nascar isn't a sport or the drivers aren't athletes.

a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina

a person trained or gifted in exercises or contests involving physical agility, stamina, or strength; a participant in a sport, exercise, or game requiring physical skill.

an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition

The requirements of a race driver are different than anybody who ever sat on a couch and drank beer and ate potato chips for four hours can imagine. You can't tell someone the difference between driving a car as fast as you're comfortable driving and driving a car faster than it will go. Every driver on the track drives the car faster than the car's capability. There's a little bit there you can get away with - then the next little bit you wreck. When one guy starts doing that, going out there on the edge, then everybody has to do it, if they want to keep up. "You're in 130 degree heat, inches away from each other for four hours at speeds up to 200 miles an hour. You have a mental and physical fatigue factor that's incredible. You'll be out of breath to the point that you can't hardly talk You'll be physically whipped. I'm just as tired now after a race as I was before I started working out, because I drive harder. I spend eveything I've got.

1.an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc. 2.a particular form of this, esp. in the out of doors. 3.diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime.

Stick and ball athletes make up the majority of sports figures in mainstream society, forcing stock car drivers to take a backseat (for once) in belief of athletic ability.
Thatís not how it should be. Stock car racing is a sport. Thatís a fact, not an opinion. Now allow me to prove based on only the most common, most ignorant claims made against the ďsportĒ of racing.
Welcome claim no. 1: NASCAR drivers sit down; therefore NASCAR racing is not a sport. That statement was once told me by a state champion high school power lifter. To him I asked, "What are you doing when you bench press?"
Sitting down doesnít make a sport any less than a sport.
Come on down, claim no. 2: a lack of running, jumping, diving, hurdling, spitting, sneezing, coughing, etc. prevents NASCAR from being an athletic event. That one was said to me with great determination by a scholarship endowed college athlete.
Mr. ďI average six tackles a gameĒ should know better than me that sometimes itís not about moving, but what moves you in the game. The G forces NASCAR drivers experience at a constant rate for 500 miles a weekend alone should be reason enough to claim NASCAR as a sport.
Most quarterbacks are affected by a hefty defensive lineman charging into his side while trying to throw a 70 yard deep ball to a streaking receiver. Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards and Kyle Busch arenít affected by the three lateral Gs theyíre hit with 1,000 times when racing twice a year at Texas Motor Speedway.
By the way, astronauts receive a similar G force when launching into space. By the way no. 2 Ė they arenít steering the spacecraft or trying to beat 42 other spacecrafts to a checkered flag made of stardust and cosmic particles.
Say hello to claim no. 3: ďMan, all those guys do is turn left for four hours. I could do that!Ē
Thank you, Captain Obvious. We all know you can turn left for four hours. I can too. But have you ever tried doing it at a modest 150+mph? Oh, you have? You got your Honda Civic going at 155mph that time on the freeway? Besides mom and dad being really proud of that, Iíd like to let you know that you were still going at a speed too slow to race at most NASCAR tracks.
Next time that Honda Civic gets up to 150, try wearing a Head and Neck Restraint Ė looking for cops to your left and right will be hampered. But even before that, let your car heat up to about 105 degrees. Then find the freeway with 20 degree banking in the turns and see how you handle it. Iím sure youíll pass with flying colors of burning car parts and charred body work.
Maybe those three common claims cleared some foggy logic. Keep in mind that the mental aspect of racing wasnít even touched. Peyton Manning can study film for as long as he wants before a game knowing what to expect. NASCAR drivers donít have that same luxury.
Stock car racing isnít standardized. Drivers canít expect the same conditions in every event. The playing field will be a different length, the pit boxes a different size, and the race distance anywhere from 250-500 miles at the Cup level.
It isnít going to be the same every time out, even at the same race track twice in one year (Daytona in February is a totally different animal than Daytona in July). Day to night events call for major adjustments during a race, and thereís no half time to sit around and talk about a game plan.
They can do that because stock car drivers are professional athletes. The proof is right here.
Do we have any other volunteers? If so, please step up. Make your claim because Iím dying to refute it. In the meantime, Iím already late for my rec league basketball game. Coach Gibbs told me I wasnít in good enough shape to make the NASCAR team. Thereís always next season.

tayb
09-22-2008, 11:09 PM

lmao

You SIT in a car... and sweat... oh boy, definitely a sport. I drive from Austin to Dallas quite often and sometimes it is hot... am I participating in some sort of "sport?"

I pass some people in trucks all the time. They are hauling material. I call them truck drivers. You call them athletes?

t-long20
09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
you sit.

on your ***.

and turn left.

over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over

But its very athletic to drive a car. Nevermind the fact that the majority of lazy Americans have been riding cars since they were invented.

SLC
09-22-2008, 11:11 PM

Sitting on your fanny and driving is NOT a sport. We're talking about a stadium where we actually see the person doing athletic things not sitting on your butt,shifting gears, and making left turns.

43 of them... at one time...

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 11:11 PM

REALLY? There's 43 of them PER RACE, and 10 or 20 others that didn't make the cut. It's funny how people percieve sports.

How is football a sport that is tougher than soccer? They get breaks after every play, time outs, quarters, they get to sub often, and play 60 minutes. Soccer is 45 minutes straight, no break, then a short break, then 45 more minutes.

But hey, I like football more, i'm just saying.

SLC
09-22-2008, 11:12 PM
I know no one is going to read this, but if you don't, don't tell me Nascar isn't a sport or the drivers aren't athletes.

:notworthy

chunky79
you sit.

on your ***.

and turn left.

over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over

hahahahahaahaha :notworthy

TXFOOSBALL
Being able to hold your piss that long is what I am most impressed with about nascar drivers.

t-long20
09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
You SIT in a car... and sweat... oh boy, definitely a sport. I drive from Austin to Dallas quite often and sometimes it is hot... am I participating in some sort of "sport?"

I pass some people in trucks all the time. They are hauling material. I call them truck drivers. You call them athletes?

Ping Pong is more of a sport than NASCAR.

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 11:14 PM

You drive from Austin to Dallas at MAYBE 80 mph, max temp you will feel is 100. In nascar, the MINIMUM they feel is 100. They drive twice as fast, INCHES from other cars. They experience the same G force hundreds of times per some races that Astronauts experience while lifting off the ground in a space shuttle.

There is a difference between driving a truck at 60 mph and a race car at 180.

stevefoxsc
09-22-2008, 11:14 PM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8910/1212956389043gz4.jpg

t-long20
09-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Being able to hold your piss that long is what I am most impressed with about nascar drivers.

Not really. You drink all the water and electrolytes the week before. When race time comes you don't eat or drink anything. Either that or you piss in your suite.

It's not rocket science.

SLC
09-22-2008, 11:16 PM

Let me just say... There is nothing... I mean nothing more an american sport than Auto racing.... Not the kind YOU thnink YOU do.... The real kind... the kind that would make YOU s**t your pants if you were in the car...

You couldnt do it...

chunky79
09-22-2008, 11:16 PM
michigan stadium should be 3. after the renovations, it hold like 108000

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 11:17 PM

Yeah because nascar ONLY races on ovals?

And also, it's much easier to drive an AERODYNAMIC formula 1 car at 180mph than it is to drive a box 180mph.

Nascar races are MUCH closer races than any other type of race (except drag racing)

But continue to hate, that's fine with me.

SLC

Were speed freaks... No denying that... So our tracks are designed for speed..

Slim-Rob
Not really. You drink all the water and electrolytes the week before. When race time comes you don't eat or drink anything. Either that or you piss in your suite.

It's not rocket science.

Wrong.

They drink during pitstops and sometimes have water bottles in the car.

tayb
09-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Let me just say... There is nothing... I mean nothing more an american sport than Auto racing.... Not the kind YOU thnink YOU do.... The real kind... the kind that would make YOU s**t your pants if you were in the car...

You couldnt do it...

Auto racing isn't a sport... its an American hobby. Might be the most American hobby... I'll concede that.

tayb
09-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Wrong.

Same here. I am an athlete.

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Auto racing isn't a sport... its an American hobby. Might be the most American hobby... I'll concede that.

You obviously didn't read the definitions I posted above. "Physical, mental exertion"

w/e, i'm out of this thread. you guys are ignorant and it's not going to change.

SLC
09-22-2008, 11:22 PM

Racing aint no hobby... scrapbooking is a hobby!!!

SLC
09-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Same here. I am an athlete.

Well there ya go then...;)

tayb
09-22-2008, 11:24 PM
You obviously didn't read the definitions I posted above. "Physical, mental exertion"

w/e, i'm out of this thread. you guys are ignorant and it's not going to change.

Physical exertion = sweating?

I'll give you mental. Takes a lot of stamina to sit in a car turning left all day long.

Have you EVER looked at Tony Stewart? I quote him, "I'm too damn fat to be climbing fences." Model for an athlete right there.

TXFOOSBALL
09-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Wrong.

It's not rocket science.

t-long20
09-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Wrong.

Pitstops? Bottled Water?

Wow, we're all athletes!

t-long20
09-22-2008, 11:32 PM
It's not rocket science.

Your the one mistakenly thinks NASCAR drivers are racing on a full bladder.

Unless they want a bladder infection they drink limited water.

SLC
09-22-2008, 11:33 PM

I'll give you mental. Takes a lot of stamina to sit in a car turning left all day long.

Have you EVER looked at Tony Stewart? I quote him, "I'm too damn fat to be climbing fences." Model for an athlete right there.

So go do what Tony does.... Just one race... And after you get done you wont want any part of the other 35 races..

And 95% of the drivers are very fit...

You cant say 95% of nfl players are fit??

I would guess 40% of nfl players couldnt climb the fence in my back yard...

TXFOOSBALL
09-22-2008, 11:34 PM

You're right...it's not rocket science. Just like they wouldn't drink any water when they are in a car for 4 hours sweating their ace off in full nascar gear.

SLC
09-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Pitstops? Bottled Water?

Wow, we're all athletes!

They get gatoraide through the window every pit stop... Maybe 6 times a race...

How many times them fellas drinking the raide during an nfl game 30, 40?

stevefoxsc
09-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah because nascar ONLY races on ovals?

And also, it's much easier to drive an AERODYNAMIC formula 1 car at 180mph than it is to drive a box 180mph.

Nascar races are MUCH closer races than any other type of race (except drag racing)

But continue to hate, that's fine with me.

there is a greater element of challenge to formula 1 that i don't see much in nascar. The track over all design has more element of surprise. While nascar it's pretty much a given.

Also prefer the bajaa races down in mexico.

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 11:40 PM

physical exertion- G forces, lack of oxygen and extra carbon monoxide. physical arm strength to shift up and down, to fight the steering wheel over bumps, other cars, into corners, etc. If you don't think it's physical, watch one race until they show the in-car camera and watch how much the driver has to fight the steering wheel. And there is no paddle shifting w/no clutch like some other race cars. There is a clutch and a stick.

Drive for 4 hours straight in the middle of the summer in a standard, accelerate to the 5/6th gear, then down to 2nd, then back up to 5/6th about 800 times (4 turns, 200 laps) with your heater on and your head strapped to the seat. Take the mirrors off your car and add bars all around your head. Add 42 other cars around you that want to be in front of you. Drive 4 cars wide on a 2 lane road.

So does NASCAR driver physical conditioning matter. Some would debate that drivers are not athletes but one must consider the conditions inside of a stock car race (http://www.articlesbase.com/sports-and-fitness-articles/nascar-the-drivers-physical-conditioning-562250.html#) vehicle. The interiors of these cars are not designed for driver comfort with air conditioning and surround sound. Everything about a stock car is focused on speed not on comfort. So NASCAR driver physical conditioning must be such that it builds a drivers endurance to withstand some harsh conditions and Gforces. And, the NASCAR driver physical conditioning is very similar to athletes in other sports (http://www.articlesbase.com/sports-and-fitness-articles/nascar-the-drivers-physical-conditioning-562250.html#) except different areas are built up.

The temperatures in the drives cockpit of a race car can reach around 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine this temperature with a 500 lap race at 200 mph along with lack of air flow and you will see that NASCAR driver physical conditioning to build in endurance is critical. Plus, a NASCAR driver will need to steer and maneuver a 3,400 pound vehicle around curves, other cars, and over bumps. This can cause a lot of impacting against the driver plus just the strain of controlling the steering wheel. Then there are the G forces that will result from banking turns at speeds close to 200 mph causing pressure on the drivers torso as it presses against the side of the vehicle.

Oxygen is a problem too. Since the cars are very aerodynamic (http://www.articlesbase.com/sports-and-fitness-articles/nascar-the-drivers-physical-conditioning-562250.html#) so as to increase speed, the air is guided around the car but does not reach the inside. The drivers cockpit is not pressurized like an aircraft. So, the driver has to be able to process what oxygen he gets very efficiently. Therefore, NASCAR driver physical conditioning will include aerobic exercises so as to optimize the processing of oxygen by the body.

Part of any good physical athletic training is the proper amount of nutrition and rest and NASCAR driver physical conditioning is no exception to this. By including the proper amount of nutrition and rest in NASCAR driver physical conditioning, the driver can maintaining alertness and quick reflexes which are crucial to a safe drive (http://www.articlesbase.com/sports-and-fitness-articles/nascar-the-drivers-physical-conditioning-562250.html#). Not getting the proper amount of rest can cause a driver to make mistakes which at 200 mph could be dangerous and even fatal.

Without the proper nutrition and rest in the drivers physical conditioning, a driver can become confused and disoriented during the race. This is especially true when combining the lack of air in the cockpit mixed with carbon monoxide fumes and tremendous G forces which cause disorientation as well. G forces can also affect vision but proper nutrition and vitamins combat against their effects.

NASCAR driver physical conditioning also includes weight training but not in order to build mass. The weight training performed by a driver is to build up strength for steering and breaking. It is also so that the drivers body can withstand the abuse from bouncing around and getting slammed from excessive Gforces.

NASCAR driver physical conditioning separates those who can make it for an entire racing event and those who would wear out during the qualification races. It is very important and the sport should be taken just as serious as any other professional sport.

jtk1519
09-22-2008, 11:42 PM

What you just described is not sport. That's the daily Summer commute from Frisco to Dallas.

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 11:43 PM

Do you know what sweat is? If you don't drink liquids while racing you will dehydrate and cramp up. In football if you cramp you come to the sideline, stretch, get massaged wherever you are cramping, and take a few minutes to break. In nascar if your leg cramps you crash. At 160+ mph.

You have NO idea what you are talking about.

SLC
09-22-2008, 11:44 PM
What you just described is not sport. That's the daily Summer commute from Frisco to Dallas.

LMAO....

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 11:44 PM

Add in it's a standard and shift from 2nd to 6th then back to 2nd 800 times

jtk1519
09-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Add in it's a standard and shift from 2nd to 6th then back to 2nd 800 times

So you're commuting in a standard. I wouldn't do it, but oh well.

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 11:46 PM
It's like arguing with a dog...you can say exactly what you need to prove your point and they just keep barking.

tayb
09-22-2008, 11:47 PM
physical exertion- G forces, lack of oxygen and extra carbon monoxide. physical arm strength to shift up and down, to fight the steering wheel over bumps, other cars, into corners, etc. If you don't think it's physical, watch one race until they show the in-car camera and watch how much the driver has to fight the steering wheel. And there is no paddle shifting w/no clutch like some other race cars. There is a clutch and a stick.

Drive for 4 hours straight in the middle of the summer in a standard, accelerate to the 5/6th gear, then down to 2nd, then back up to 5/6th about 800 times (4 turns, 200 laps) with your heater on and your head strapped to the seat. Take the mirrors off your car and add bars all around your head. Add 42 other cars around you that want to be in front of you. Drive 4 cars wide on a 2 lane road.

Physical arm strength to shift? :rolleyes:

I get it. Driving a car is really really boring and tiresome. That doesn't make it a sport. Sitting on my *** in a car and rigorously shifting doesn't mean I am an athlete.

tayb
09-22-2008, 11:48 PM
It's like arguing with a dog...you can say exactly what you need to prove your point and they just keep barking.

Tell me about.

Well...well.... they go fast.

Well...well... they are close to other cars.

Well....well... it is hot in the car!

Well...did you NOT see the arm strength required to shift?!?!?!

SLC
09-22-2008, 11:48 PM
there is a greater element of challenge to formula 1 that i don't see much in nascar. The track over all design has more element of surprise. While nascar it's pretty much a given.

Also prefer the bajaa races down in mexico.

I prefer the hot mexican women in Mexico like her

http://search.aol.com/aol/redir?src=image&s_req=2009603013ac49e2&s_cq=mexican+girls&s_cid=108939447881779058199018086249611509467&s_cim=1222145277853&s_cu=http%3A%2F%2Fc.myspace.com%2FGroups%2F00001%2 F61%2F63%2F1213616_l.jpg&s_cd=ImgDet&s_cm=image_details.M.xml

Slim-Rob
09-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Tell me about.

Well...well.... they go fast.

Well...well... they are close to other cars.

Well....well... it is hot in the car!

Well...did you NOT see the arm strength required to shift?!?!?!

You didn't read any of the quotes I posted.

How is baseball a sport? So you MIGHT have to run if you manage to get on base, you MIGHT have to run if the ball gets hit toward you. But baseball is a sport.

tayb
09-22-2008, 11:56 PM
You didn't read any of the quotes I posted.

How is baseball a sport? So you MIGHT have to run if you manage to get on base, you MIGHT have to run if the ball gets hit toward you. But baseball is a sport.

No I read your obviously biased quotes.

Let me ask you something. Let's say a pit crew doesn't show up for race day and let's say a driver doesn't show up for race day. What scenario would yield better results?

Can you go play Nascar?

GoOwls
09-23-2008, 12:01 AM

Where...under your pillow.....;)

Slim-Rob
09-23-2008, 12:03 AM
No I read your obviously biased quotes.

Let me ask you something. Let's say a pit crew doesn't show up for race day and let's say a driver doesn't show up for race day. What scenario would yield better results?

Can you go play Nascar?

That was a dumb hypothetical question. What if the QB didn't show up at a football game?

GoOwls
09-23-2008, 12:03 AM

Yeah...ignorance is bliss to the haters.....;)

tayb
09-23-2008, 12:04 AM
That was a dumb hypothetical question. What if the QB didn't show up at a football game?

You didn't answer the question...

GoOwls
09-23-2008, 12:05 AM
you sit.

on your ***.

and post on 5A.com.

over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over

FIFY......:D

Slim-Rob
09-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Answer the question.

It's a stupid question. If either didn't show up the team wouldn't be able to participate. Just like if the QB didn't show up or the Line didn't show up.

jtk1519
09-23-2008, 12:06 AM
NASCAR fans make jtk LOL.

Slim-Rob
09-23-2008, 12:06 AM
You didn't answer the question...

I like how you changed it. Undecisive huh? That error would be costly in NASCAR...

GoOwls
09-23-2008, 12:07 AM

You and the "my head's up my a$$" team......:D

tayb
09-23-2008, 12:10 AM
It's a stupid question. If either didn't show up the team wouldn't be able to participate. Just like if the QB didn't show up or the Line didn't show up.

It isn't a stupid question. Nascar relies just as much on outside factors such as a good engineering crew and a pit crew as it does the driver. What outside factors effect baseball, football, basketball? The type of leather on the ball? Nascar relies WAAAY too much on sponsorships, pit crews, and a team building the car than it does the driver.

GoOwls
09-23-2008, 12:11 AM

All you proved is the stupidity behind why we always have to step in and win their wars for them.....they make it too complicated.....just make it simple and win the damn thing....;)

tayb
09-23-2008, 12:11 AM
I like how you changed it. Undecisive huh? That error would be costly in NASCAR...

No, didn't want it to sound so demanding.

SLC
09-23-2008, 12:22 AM
It isn't a stupid question. Nascar relies just as much on outside factors such as a good engineering crew and a pit crew as it does the driver. What outside factors effect baseball, football, basketball? The type of leather on the ball? Nascar relies WAAAY too much on sponsorships, pit crews, and a team building the car than it does the driver.

OK then... Great scenario... Cars being equal.... HookEm driving one car.... Jeff Gordon driving the other.... Who wins?... Its about the cars not the drivers... So who wins?... Who do you think gets out and walks to his trailer and acts like nothing happened and who is sofaking wore out they need lay down, cool off?

Slim-Rob
09-23-2008, 12:34 AM

Reffing? Don't people always complain about Refs? What about weather? Field composition?

It doesn't matter if you have the fastest car if you don't know how to drive it.

Also, how do you say the team building the car makes it less a sport when all the other sports you referenced set up game plans, practice, have coaches that "build" the team, etc?

Nascar relies on sponsorships too much? They need the money to build the car, and it's a great advertisment for the company. Why do NFL teams pick Reebok or Nike jerseys? Why doe Reebok and Nike have to ADVERTISE on the jerseys? Why are there advertisements in ALL major sports venues?

http://www.mlbroadtrip.com/images/photos/august/week5/yankeefront36.jpg
wow look at all the advertising around the stadium...amazing...why does baseball need advertisement? jeez...

Why are football teams always wanting smaller, lighter pads and tighter fitting jerseys? Hmm. I guess maybe that's another outside factor? And cleats, and mouthpieces, and helmets, and baseball bats and baseball hats and basketball shoes ETC.

stevefoxsc
09-23-2008, 12:35 AM
All you proved is the stupidity behind why we always have to step in and win their wars for them.....they make it too complicated.....just make it simple and win the damn thing....;)

lol you took a "sport" from 2 differen't countries and manage to turn it into a war debate.

Obvious failed attempt.

1/10

jtk1519
09-23-2008, 12:42 AM
lol you took a "sport" from 2 differen't countries and manage to turn it into a war debate.

Obvious failed attempt.

1/10

Even I think GoOwls was weak on that one. You were generous to give him a 1. European auto racing is infinitely superior to NASCAR, but even European auto racing is not a sport. Except maybe Le Mans... maybe.

Slim-Rob
09-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Even I think GoOwls was weak on that one. You were generous to give him a 1. European auto racing is infinitely superior to NASCAR, but even European auto racing is not a sport. Except maybe Le Mans... maybe.

And many Nascar drivers race in Le Mans.

If Nascar is inferior why are so many Formula 1 and Cart drivers TRYING to switch to Nascar and FAILING?

Yeah. Nascar is easy...

Juan Pablo Montoya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Pablo_Montoya)
1998 Formula 3000 Winner
1999 CART (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CART) Champion & Rookie of the Year
2007-2008 24 Hours of Daytona overall winner
2000 Indy 500 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapolis_500) Winner & Rookie of the Year
2007 NASCAR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR) Nextel Cup Series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nextel_Cup_Series) Rookie of the Year

In 56 Nascar races he has 1 win and 8 top tens and is currently 24th in the standings.

Honestly though, I don't watch other racing as it is boring to me. One driver gets out front early and leads by a huge margin most of the race. I am not trying to say that NASCAR is the hardest racing out there, because it isn't, but it is DEF tough in its own way and DEF a sport driven by athletes.

the_phoenix612
09-23-2008, 01:05 AM
ill give you NASCAR if you give me golf.

both push the same grey area on the definition of athlete.

Slim-Rob
09-23-2008, 01:14 AM
ill give you NASCAR if you give me golf.

both push the same grey area on the definition of athlete.

How is golf as strenuous as NASCAR? but golf IS a sport

Pinion
09-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Nascar? rofl.

I prefer drag racing. I wouldnt consider it a sport though. I'd have to say it's a contest. I mechanical and speed contest.

Nascar is a group of cars going in a bigass circle for gawd.. All f:Censor:g day and generally the same guy that was leading on the first lap is winning.
Screw that. Line 2 rides up nose to nose and lets get it done in a quarter and move on to the next pair.

Just my own opinion though. To each his own I guess.

Slim-Rob
09-23-2008, 01:37 AM
Nascar? rofl.

I prefer drag racing. I wouldnt consider it a sport though. I'd have to say it's a contest. I mechanical and speed contest.

Nascar is a group of cars going in a bigass circle for gawd.. All f:Censor:g day and generally the same guy that was leading on the first lap is winning.
Screw that. Line 2 rides up nose to nose and lets get it done in a quarter and move on to the next pair.

Not EVEN close. Hardly does the person starting from the poll win the race. There is almost always a lot of lead changes in nascar

yallerjacket
09-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Nascar is a sport, as are all types of racing. For the most part, people consider a game a sport if they enjoy watching it. If they don't enjoy it, it is not a sport. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's the way it is.

twcpfan1
09-23-2008, 08:33 AM
How is golf as strenuous as NASCAR? but golf IS a sport

The golf carts are slower?

Firebird
09-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Formula 1 and any form of sports car racing pw3n NASCAR. NASCAR was only cool back when the 1968 Plymouth Road Runner that Richard Petty won with on Sunday could be bought, in pretty much the same form, on Monday morning at the local Chrysler dealership. There was a good reason that they only turned left and built those huge ovals.... true "stock" cars couldn't handle a real road course. They were built for American roads, to go fast in a straight line and on big sweeping curves. And it was cool to actually see what the family Torino could do at the track.

The cars you see in NASCAR bear no resemblence to the Camry or Charger you can get at the local dealer. The bodywork isn't even the same basic shape. NASCAR now has neither the inherent coolness of a stock car race or the inherent coolness of the gee-whiz go fast technology of a Formula 1 racer or Le Mans prototype. Auto racing really should be as much about the machinery as the the driver, in NASCAR it has become a running soap opera, pro wrestling with V-8s. The only thing that gives it any credibility is the fact that the races are not rigged.

Finally, atmosphere is about 10000000000000X cooler at an F1 race. Let's see: Barcelona, Monaco, Montreal, Hockenheim, Budapest, Sao Paulo, Nurburgring, Silverstone, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Spa, Valencia, Abu Dabi, Bahrain. Yeah, that's just a slight bit cooler than Daytona, Richmond, Martisnville, Talledega, Bristol, Phoenix, Denton, Atlanta, Darlington, Indianapolis. An day in Denton or a day at Monaco overlooking the harbor with Prince Albert and Princesses Caroline and Stephanie in attendance? No contest.

Not to mention that the groupies and girls at the F1 circuit blow away anything you are likely to see at the NASCAR track.

slorch
09-23-2008, 08:37 AM

and baseball does?

I give you John Kruk...;):D

yallerjacket
09-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Not to mention that the groupies and girls at the F1 circuit blow away anything you are likely to see at the NASCAR track.

But do they flash their booobs? I'll take a bunch of drunk semi-hotties flashing their booobs over a bunch of very hot, fully clothed, snobby Euro babes any day.

twcpfan1
09-23-2008, 08:43 AM
But do they flash their booobs? I'll take a bunch of drunk semi-hotties flashing their booobs over a bunch of very hot, fully clothed, snobby Euro babes any day.

Yeah, but if the 44 DD's have 200 lbs of pure fat to go with it, I'll take the F1 Euros in Nun's outfits even.

KT2000
09-23-2008, 08:50 AM
And I have said this before, I hate Barca, but Camp Nou has to be one of the coolest stadiums in the world...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Camp_nou_2.jpg

Don't fight it.

Visca Barca!

SLC
09-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Nascar? rofl.

Yea. I think drag racing is HOT to.

http://search.aol.com/aol/redir?src=image&s_req=87c2d2948941e117&s_cq=ashley+force&s_cid=149362145393372324811299764042731363394&s_cim=1222182168505&s_cu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.salem-news.com%2Fspimg%2Fapril142008%2Fashley-force.jpg&s_cd=ImgDet&s_cm=image_details.M.xml

GoOwls
09-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Formula 1 and any form of sports car racing pw3n NASCAR. NASCAR was only cool back when the 1968 Plymouth Road Runner that Richard Petty won with on Sunday could be bought, in pretty much the same form, on Monday morning at the local Chrysler dealership. There was a good reason that they only turned left and built those huge ovals.... true "stock" cars couldn't handle a real road course. They were built for American roads, to go fast in a straight line and on big sweeping curves. And it was cool to actually see what the family Torino could do at the track.

The cars you see in NASCAR bear no resemblence to the Camry or Charger you can get at the local dealer. The bodywork isn't even the same basic shape. NASCAR now has neither the inherent coolness of a stock car race or the inherent coolness of the gee-whiz go fast technology of a Formula 1 racer or Le Mans prototype. Auto racing really should be as much about the machinery as the the driver, in NASCAR it has become a running soap opera, pro wrestling with V-8s. The only thing that gives it any credibility is the fact that the races are not rigged.

Finally, atmosphere is about 10000000000000X cooler at an F1 race. Let's see: Barcelona, Monaco, Montreal, Hockenheim, Budapest, Sao Paulo, Nurburgring, Silverstone, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Spa, Valencia, Abu Dabi, Bahrain. Yeah, that's just a slight bit cooler than Daytona, Richmond, Martisnville, Talledega, Bristol, Phoenix, Denton, Atlanta, Darlington, Indianapolis. An day in Denton or a day at Monaco overlooking the harbor with Prince Albert and Princesses Caroline and Stephanie in attendance? No contest.

Never been to a NASCAR race have you......I thought so...cause if you had....say at TMS.....you wouldn't have just made an arse of yourself....;) :D

GoOwls
09-23-2008, 10:17 AM

OK...maybe so....but why don't you give me credit for this one....

Originally Posted by the_phoenix612
you sit.

on your ***.

and post on 5A.com.

over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over
and over

FIFY...... :D

Firebird
09-23-2008, 10:20 AM
[/B]

Never been to a NASCAR race have you......I thought so...cause if you had....say at TMS.....you wouldn't have just made an arse of yourself....;) :D

And you've never been to the Monaco GP, have you? So you have no frame of reference.

I have, however, been to both Denton and Europe and have no problem making the call in favor of the continent when it comes to overall hotness.

Fleeman93
09-23-2008, 10:42 AM
I won't argue if NASCAR is a sport or not but as far as stamina goes I know there isn't one person on this board, in whatever shape they may be in, that could drive 500 laps, at the track below, alone, at half the speed the NASCAR guys do, and be good to go when you get out of the car.

http://www.eric-scott.dyndns.org/images/bristol2.jpg

By the way 160K at a half mile track.

Pinion
09-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Yea. I think drag racing is HOT to.

http://search.aol.com/aol/redir?src=image&s_req=87c2d2948941e117&s_cq=ashley+force&s_cid=149362145393372324811299764042731363394&s_cim=1222182168505&s_cu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.salem-news.com%2Fspimg%2Fapril142008%2Fashley-force.jpg&s_cd=ImgDet&s_cm=image_details.M.xml

And we have a WINNER!!!

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

SLC
09-23-2008, 12:37 PM
And we have a WINNER!!!

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Uh Huh.... I'd plow that for a week...:D

SLC
09-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I will also say that I like Indycar as well

http://search.aol.com/aol/redir?src=image&s_req=e65b4b5c7b2ef02e&s_cq=danica+patrick&s_cid=332999759057345430770669576560272187065&s_cim=1222191523887&s_cu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cryptomundo.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fdanica_patrick.jpg&s_cd=ImgDet&s_cm=image_details.M.xml

Firebird
09-23-2008, 12:44 PM
I'll stick to Formula 1. American auto racing= pwn3d.

Turkish GP

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/features/2008/f1-turkey/03-large/f1-turkey-02.jpg

Firebird
09-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Hungarian GP:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_G_PqhZq4Xa4/Rtqbnp4LSLI/AAAAAAAAAKk/5_PCmmNU1_8/11_girl_V_1024x768.jpg

Firebird
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Who cares about hot drivers, they're in Nomex anyway. Give me the Marlboro Girls:

http://www.f1-photo.com/Gallery/2003/Hungary/Girl_2003_Hungary_03_PHC.jpg

SLC
09-23-2008, 12:51 PM
And in NASCAR here's 18 year old Mackena Bell

http://search.aol.com/aol/redir?src=image&s_req=50b64e8acc521d3d&s_cq=mackena+bell&s_cid=239639709356986124538715484538298497201&s_cim=1222192474437&s_cu=http%3A%2F%2Fcarexperts.files.wordpress.com%2 F2008%2F04%2Fmackenasm.jpg&s_cd=ImgDet&s_cm=image_details.M.xml

Firebird
09-23-2008, 12:54 PM

http://www.kdubcreative.com/hosted_sites/bell_racing/mackena_bell/imagedisplay.php?id=380

Red X. Anyway, keep the men in the cars and firesuits and the girls on the grid.

http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/full/3Z38PLZR.jpg

Firebird
09-23-2008, 12:57 PM

http://search.aol.com/aol/redir?src=image&s_req=50b64e8acc521d3d&s_cq=mackena+bell&s_cid=239639709356986124538715484538298497201&s_cim=1222192474437&s_cu=http%3A%2F%2Fcarexperts.files.wordpress.com%2 F2008%2F04%2Fmackenasm.jpg&s_cd=ImgDet&s_cm=image_details.M.xml

Eh.

jtk1519
09-23-2008, 07:31 PM

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/181811/464773.jpg

jtk1519
09-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Don't fight it.

Visca Barca!

Go :Censor: yourself, Rat Boy.

twcpfan1
09-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Motocross is the 2nd most physically demanding sport next to soccer. Or is it the other way around? They're 1 and 2 in any case.

Fleeman93
09-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Motocross is the 2nd most physically demanding sport next to soccer. Or is it the other way around? They're 1 and 2 in any case.

By some logic on this thread motocross can't be a sport because they have teams and equipment to help them win.

Firebird
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM

Aussie for twcpfan:

http://www.foroswebgratis.com/imagenes_foros/1/7/5/8/9/6645062-pit-babes-silverstone-2-gran-premio-cerveza-foster-girls-meddio.jpg

KT2000
09-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Go :Censor: yourself, Rat Boy.

http://www.sandyfordhotelglasgow.com/images/rangers_football_club.jpg

jtk1519
09-23-2008, 09:00 PM
http://www.sandyfordhotelglasgow.com/images/rangers_football_club.jpg

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_large/83/79783-122.jpg

KT2000
09-23-2008, 09:49 PM
jtk=floor slapper

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07Da1AG7906JZ/610x.jpg

twcpfan1
09-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Aussie for twcpfan:

http://www.foroswebgratis.com/imagenes_foros/1/7/5/8/9/6645062-pit-babes-silverstone-2-gran-premio-cerveza-foster-girls-meddio.jpg

Thanks mate :D

SLC
09-23-2008, 10:01 PM
http://search.aol.com/aol/redir?src=image&s_req=7874b838e555e9a3&s_cq=mackena+bell&s_cid=275920297038944956421987665877959714150&s_cim=1222225176998&s_cu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kdubcreative.com%2Fhosted_si tes%2Fbell_racing%2Fmackena_bell%2Fimages%2Fschedu le_03.jpg&s_cd=ImgDet&s_cm=image_details.M.xml

jtk1519
09-23-2008, 10:16 PM
jtk=floor slapper

You =

http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/jj_redick1.jpg

Fleeman93
09-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Aussie for twcpfan:

Firebird I understand what you are saying, but if I wanted a hot girl why not go to the gym or a club and look at something you might actually have a chance of touching. If I wanted to go to a race to look at hot girls I could just sit in my one seat of 100K plus and probably find a few hundred hot girls but I don't go to a NASCAR race to look at women. Do you go to HS football games to look at women or are HS games better for women in Europe also?

:D

wesaxman34
09-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Soon to crack the list....

http://www.fpc.ttu.edu/images/tourpics/std/19_58.jpg

:D