PDA

View Full Version : JUDSON #9 because of Backs?????

Freddie P.
05-27-2005, 04:45 AM
Taylor Kid??? I went to Judson Red & White game on this past Tuesday. I saw about 6 different running backs, no Taylor. The fullbacks were super fast and ran very well. I asked a couple of fans in the stands, who the backs were, and they pointed out a couple of transfers (military kids) that have just arrived in Judson's program, they were the best backs I saw during Spring Game. Backs that stood out were #30 at FB, #25 at Tail back and #20 @ FB, they were the only backs that had positive yardage on every play, and all three scored. Just came in from MD area, I have never seen a high school with so many good backs as Judson, most teams have one, maybe two stand outs, the other night I saw at least 6-7 backs with great ability. It will be a very hard decision for the Judson coaching staff to pick their starting backs/depth chart, but a good problem a lot of coaches would love to have.

Also, funny thing about that game was the bigger and more skilled kids at RB in my opinion were sophmores and a freshman, people in stands didn't know much about them, they said the just transfered in. Running back is not their problem. Fastest team on both sides of ball that I have seen in 20 years.

bullrock
06-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Freddie,
I am a Judson die-hard. The reason you have never seen so much speed on a football team is because you're not accustoned to Texas football. Judson usually has fast running backs and good overall team speed, but they are hardly the fastest in Texas. Welcome to Texas.