PDA

View Full Version : Todd Dodge to Cedar Park?

kelloggOUballa
05-26-2005, 08:29 PM
just a rumor I've been hearing, i wanted verification yay or nay.

KT2000
05-26-2005, 08:43 PM
It doesn't really make sense unless he really wants out of Southlake for some reason. He makes good money, and is in the process of building a dynasty. He has a son that's going to be a sophomore at Carroll, and I doubt he'd want to move while he's in school. Sounds like some centex shananigans if you ask me :) .

By the way, glad you found your way over to the new board. Drop me an e-mail or PM.

drgnbkr
05-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Have'nt heard anything here, except that the district needs to pay him what he's worth...he's not in the top tier salary-wise.... :rolleyes:

supercentex
05-26-2005, 09:50 PM
He does have connections with Cedar Park...

People saw him and his son having lunch in North Austin with someone from Leander ISD.

He was just having lunch with friends.

I could not see him leaving a single high school district like SLC....and going to a multiple high school district.

supercentex
05-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Dodge, Westlake's Schroeder, Mills, Gaines and Tusa are what i'm hearing.

jtk1519
05-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Dodge, Westlake's Schroeder, Mills, Gaines and Tusa are what i'm hearing.

Gaines as in Gary Gaines? I cant imagine that since he just took the AD job in Odessa.

stevefoxsc
05-26-2005, 11:38 PM
rofl cedar park must be some strong coke

wide-e-wide
05-27-2005, 02:05 AM
Wow! look at that...it's 2:04am and OU still sucks...

GTown02
05-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Wow! look at that...it's 2:04am and OU still sucks...

HAHA :D That got a laugh out of me at almost 3:00 A.M.

ktchamp97
05-27-2005, 08:16 AM
C'mon wide-e, let's be honest, it's 8:14am and OU still has a 5 game winning streak on us.

Getting back on topic, I haven't heard anything about Dodge leaving SLC, and I agree with KT2000...I can't see him leaving before Riley graduates.

pack0808
05-27-2005, 08:31 AM
He does have connections with Cedar Park...

People saw him and his son having lunch in North Austin with someone from Leander ISD.

He was just having lunch with friends.

I could not see him leaving a single high school district like SLC....and going to a multiple high school district.

there is that argument that does make sense again?? i give up debating it!! the single school district thing. how is it such an advantage to be in a single district when city's that have multiple district's still usually have a much bigger enrollment in each of their school's then the single school in the single district?? fan support and the 1 community thing but that is about it. maybe that is what you are talking about?? it is not an advantage on the football field in my opinion. ok back on topic, i do not see why dodge would leave for another hs team unless they are treating him horribly financially?? the only way i see him leaving is for a college team.

badger95
05-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Best argument I've heard for Dodge to move to CP is that he wants his son to start at QB for three years. That won't happen at SLC, but with Cory Washington gone at CP, it would happen there. He does have family in Austin with his father in law being the former AD at Westlake.

I think all these big names are just parent rumors of what they would like to see. I bet it will be a hire that comes from within.

pack0808
05-27-2005, 08:33 AM
C'mon wide-e, let's be honest, it's 8:14am and OU still has a 5 game winning streak on us.

Getting back on topic, I haven't heard anything about Dodge leaving SLC, and I agree with KT2000...I can't see him leaving before Riley graduates.

and a mostly brutal winning streak at that.

badger95
05-27-2005, 08:35 AM
there is that argument that does make sense again?? i give up debating it!! the single school district thing. how is it such an advantage to be in a single district when city's that have multiple district's still usually have a much bigger enrollment in each of their school's then the single school in the single district?? fan support and the 1 community thing but that is about it. maybe that is what you are talking about?? it is not an advantage on the football field in my opinion. ok back on topic, i do not see why dodge would leave for another hs team unless they are treating him horribly financially?? the only way i see him leaving is for a college team.

The advantage of being in single school district is having control of the middle school programs and implementing your system then. Multiple school districts often have to split kids from an odd number of middle schools and therefore HC's don't get to control what those kids have learned in their formative years of football.

Also, in a multiple school district, it's hard to have a lot of pull on salary. If the HC at one school is making so much, then the other HC's in that district would have a good argument that they should be paid the same, regardless of performance.

pack0808
05-27-2005, 08:44 AM
yeah you have a good point there but i still say having a much bigger enrollment evens it out. ok i do not want to get off subject so back to dodge.

wide-e-wide
05-27-2005, 10:17 AM
and a mostly brutal winning streak at that.

Hey hey hey Iowa...you mind your own business.lol

I agree I think the only way Dodge leaves is to
go to a college coaching position. And I can't see
him doing that without wearing burnt orange.

dragonsdaddy
05-27-2005, 11:09 AM
ate dinner with the title character 2 nights ago and the question never came up. didn't think to ask, but it seems highly unlikely. he has a system in place and a chance to set some coaching records in the next few years. plus the skill people with whom riley will be associated is pretty salty. sure like slc's chances to continue winning vs where cp is right now, no offense. his next move won't be lateral.

pack0808
05-27-2005, 11:09 AM
lol wide. hey i hate the oklahoma texans as much as anybody. remember i am a longhorn fan 2nd. of course iowa is first. i hope longhorns can win it all in baseball this year by the way. there i go again, off subject. lol

LeanderLions3033
05-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Riley Dodge would be a living legend in Cedar Park, because he would start for three years. Wow, if this were to happen, it would tear every leander fan apart lol. Every time we have a good coach or coordinator, we lose him to a richer school because they can out bid us. And if that kept happening to us and Cedar Park pulls in arguably the best coach of this high school football era.... wow.

supercentex
05-27-2005, 12:31 PM
It's not going to happen.

Big Daddy Cool
05-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Rumors like this are just like those we hear evey year of Bob Stoops leaving Oklahoma for the pro's. Why would Dodge want to leave a successful program like he has for a lesser one. Surely he hasn't become burned out already.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-27-2005, 01:25 PM
It only the beginning. wait until lil Riley steps in next year how he runs the "O". Like father like son. :D

garland04
05-27-2005, 06:12 PM
The only possibility I can think of is this:

Dodge moves to CP for his son and get ready for his soon-to-be offered job at Texas as OC. That way his son won't have to move during prime recruitment; his junior and senior years. That way his son could be starting QB at CP, he won't have to worry about moving later, and the OC at Texas won't have to keep workin til Dodge is ready to come.

Makes sense to me, but I know I wouldn't want to leave a program like SLC has....

ktCarl
05-30-2005, 10:00 AM
The only possibility I can think of is this:

Dodge moves to CP for his son and get ready for his soon-to-be offered job at Texas as OC. That way his son won't have to move during prime recruitment; his junior and senior years. That way his son could be starting QB at CP, he won't have to worry about moving later, and the OC at Texas won't have to keep workin til Dodge is ready to come.

Makes sense to me, but I know I wouldn't want to leave a program like SLC has....

I guess we'll have to check Urban Legends.com to find out for sure.