PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Free Food!

ThEgReAtOnE
11-09-2005, 09:46 PM
How To Get Free Food!

On my way home from the second job I've taken - for the extra holiday ca$h I need - I stopped at Taco Bell for a quick bite to eat. In my billfold is a $50 bill and a $2 bill. That is all of the cash I have on my person. I figure that with a $2 bill, I can get something to eat and not have to worry about people getting upset at me.

ME: ``Hi, I'd like one seven layer burrito please, to go.''
IT: ``Is that it?''
ME: ``Yep.''
IT: ``That'll be $1.04, eat here?''
ME: ``No, it's to go.'' [I hate effort duplication.]

At his point I open my billfold and hand him the $2 bill. He looks at it kind of funny and

IT: ``Uh, hang on a sec, I'll be right back.''

He goes to talk to his manager, who is still within earshot. The following conversation occurs between the two of them.

IT: ``Hey, you ever see a $2 bill?''
MG: ``No. A what?''
IT: ``A $2 bill. This guy just gave it to me.''
MG: ``Ask for something else, there's no such thing as a $2 bill.'' [my emp]
IT: ``Yeah, thought so.''

He comes back to me and says

IT: ``We don't take these. Do you have anything else?''
ME: ``Just this fifty. You don't take $2 bills? Why?''
IT: ``I don't know.''
ME: ``See here where it says legal tender?''
IT: ``Yeah.''
ME: ``So, shouldn't you take it?''
IT: ``Well, hang on a sec.''

He goes back to his manager who is watching me like I'm going to shoplift, and

IT: ``He says I have to take it.''
MG: ``Doesn't he have anything else?''
IT: ``Yeah, a fifty. I'll get it and you can open the safe and get change.''
MG: ``I'm not opening the safe with him in here.'' [my emp]
IT: ``What should I do?''
MG: ``Tell him to come back later when he has real money.''
IT: ``I can't tell him that, you tell him.''
MG: ``Just tell him.''
IT: ``No way, this is weird, I'm going in back.''

The manager approaches me and says

MG: ``Sorry, we don't take big bills this time of night.'' [it was 8pm and this particular Taco Bell is in a well lighted indoor mall with 100 other stores.]
ME: ``Well, here's a two.''
MG: ``We don't take those either.''
ME: ``Why not?''
MG: ``I think you know why.''
ME: ``No really, tell me, why?''
MG: ``Please leave before I call mall security.''
ME: ``Excuse me?''
ME: ``What for?''
MG: ``Please, sir.''
ME: ``Uh, go ahead, call them.''
MG: ``Would you please just leave?''
ME: ``No.''
MG: ``Fine, have it your way then.''
ME: ``No, that's Burger King, isn't it?''

At this point he backs away from me and calls mall security on the phone around the corner. I have two people staring at me from the dining area, and I begin laughing out loud, just for effect. A few minutes later this 45 year oldish guy comes in and says [at the other end of counter, in a whisper]

SG: ``Yeah, Mike, what's up?''
MG: ``This guy is trying to give me some [pause] funny money.''
SG: ``Really? What?''
MG: ``Get this, a two dollar bill.''
SG: ``Why would a guy fake a $2 bill?'' [incredulous]
MG: ``I don't know? He's kinda weird. Says the only other thing he has is a fifty.''
SG: ``So, the fifty's fake?''
MG: ``No, the $2 is.''
SG: ``Why would he fake a $2 bill?''
MG: ``I don't know. Can you talk to him, and get him out of here?''
SG: ``Yeah...''

Security guard walks over to me and says

SG: ``Mike here tells me you have some fake bills you're trying to use.''
ME: ``Uh, no.''
SG: ``Lemme see 'em.''
ME: ``Why?''
SG: ``Do you want me to get the cops in here?''

At this point I was ready to say, ``SURE, PLEASE,'' but I wanted to eat, so I said

ME: ``I'm just trying to buy a burrito and pay for it with this $2 bill.''

I put the bill up near his face, and he flinches like I was taking a swing at him. He takes the bill, turns it over a few times in his hands, and says

SG: ``Mike, what's wrong with this bill?''
MG: ``It's fake.''
SG: ``It doesn't look fake to me.''
MG: ``But it's a $2 bill.''
SG: ``Yeah?''
MG: ``Well, there's no such thing, is there?''

The security guard and I both looked at him like he was an idiot, and it dawned on the guy that he had no clue.

My burrito was free and he threw in a small drink and those cinnamon things, too. Makes me want to get a whole stack of $2 bills just to see what happens when I try to buy stuff. If I got the right group of people, I could probably end up in jail. At least I'd get "free food".

Red Raiders
11-09-2005, 09:57 PM
LMAO (Laughing my anus off) Are you serious? I would like to try that. I have many $2 bill. BTW, I can tell you how to get a free extra pizza.

dragons08
11-09-2005, 10:03 PM
LMAO (Laughing my anus off) Are you serious? I would like to try that. I have many $2 bill. BTW, I can tell you how to get a free extra pizza.
i got a free extra pizza one time, i went in to pickup the pizzas, the lady had someone elses under ours i guess, and just handed them to me, and i was like cool...i get home dads like i guess if you buy 2 they give you one free..turns out i took some elses as well..

dragonfootballfan
11-09-2005, 10:06 PM
I worked in fast food while I was in high school. It was so funny when someone tried to use a two dollar bill or a even a susan B. anthony dollar. I was the only one in the store that knew what they were. I understand what you went through there. What I did not understand, was that some of the people would take almost any type of money like canadian coins or game tokens.

dragons08
11-09-2005, 10:11 PM
I worked in fast food while I was in high school. It was so funny when someone tried to use a two dollar bill or a even a susan B. anthony dollar. I was the only one in the store that knew what they were. I understand what you went through there. What I did not understand, was that some of the people would take almost any type of money like canadian coins or game tokens.
hahaha canadian. lmao, how about little washers?? does anybody know if vending machines take washers?

zippy
11-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Very funny story, but was Taco Bell food even worth the time you spent there waiting? Also, do banks still issue the $2bill? I have not seen one in a while...

How To Get Free Food!

On my way home from the second job I've taken - for the extra holiday ca$h I need - I stopped at Taco Bell for a quick bite to eat. In my billfold is a $50 bill and a $2 bill. That is all of the cash I have on my person. I figure that with a $2 bill, I can get something to eat and not have to worry about people getting upset at me.

At his point I open my billfold and hand him the $2 bill. He looks at it kind of funny and

He goes to talk to his manager, who is still within earshot. The following conversation occurs between the two of them.

MG: ``Sorry, we don't take big bills this time of night.'' [it was 8pm and this particular Taco Bell is in a well lighted indoor mall with 100 other stores.]

At this point he backs away from me and calls mall security on the phone around the corner. I have two people staring at me from the dining area, and I begin laughing out loud, just for effect. A few minutes later this 45 year oldish guy comes in and says [at the other end of counter, in a whisper]

MG: ``I don't know? He's kinda weird. Says the only other thing he has is a fifty.''

At this point I was ready to say, ``SURE, PLEASE,'' but I wanted to eat, so I said

I put the bill up near his face, and he flinches like I was taking a swing at him. He takes the bill, turns it over a few times in his hands, and says

The security guard and I both looked at him like he was an idiot, and it dawned on the guy that he had no clue.

My burrito was free and he threw in a small drink and those cinnamon things, too. Makes me want to get a whole stack of $2 bills just to see what happens when I try to buy stuff. If I got the right group of people, I could probably end up in jail. At least I'd get "free food".

dragons08
11-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Very funny story, but was Taco Bell food even worth the time you spent there waiting? Also, do banks still issue the $2bill? I have not seen one in a while...
i never got change in 2 dollar bills, but i have gotten $2 bill from people who had tons for free

dragons08
11-09-2005, 10:19 PM
this $2 bill buisness reminds me of a story...my friend had one.. and my other friend wanted one so badly, so we told the kid who wanted one that since their old their worth like 7 bucks..he bought it and then we laughed

ThEgReAtOnE
11-09-2005, 10:44 PM
No....this is a story posted by a guy from Chicago. (I think!)

I never had to do anything like this! And no...Taco Bell is not worth it, unless you want to have the "runs"!

dragons08
11-09-2005, 10:45 PM
No....this is a story posted by a guy from Chicago. (I think!)

I never had to do anything like this! And no...Taco Bell is not worth it, unless you want to have the "runs"!
mexican food + heat= adfkltgoshyf69q34ut50w8fusdeatrhlkjzs

ThEgReAtOnE
11-09-2005, 10:49 PM
mexican food + heat= adfkltgoshyf69q34ut50w8fusdeatrhlkjzs

LOL!!!

Ya, but you young ones can eat anything! Your stomachs are made out of cast-iron!

dragons08
11-09-2005, 10:49 PM
LOL!!!

Ya, but you young ones can eat anything! Your stomachs are made out of cast-iron!
yea, but the mexican food and heat thing, that is my kryptonite

ThEgReAtOnE
11-09-2005, 10:53 PM
yea, but the mexican food and heat thing, that is my kryptonite

same here, little bro! well, almost anything tears my stomach up! too many "supplements"! ;)

dragons08
11-09-2005, 10:55 PM
same here, little bro! well, almost anything tears my stomach up! too many "supplements"! ;)
supplements reminds me...what is b12? what palmeiro "could of taken" he said

ThEgReAtOnE
11-09-2005, 10:58 PM

ya right! b12! lol!!

dragons08
11-09-2005, 10:59 PM
ya right! b12! lol!!
not word for word but close "i shot up b12 in april, which could of led to the positive test in may"

Redneckn
11-09-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't think any of the newer Coke machines will take washers and things of that nature. If you go to I-hacked.com you can learn how to "code" into a coke machine though. I tried it the other day and it does work.

lonny23
11-10-2005, 12:46 AM
hahaha canadian. lmao, how about little washers?? does anybody know if vending machines take washers?
I know the games at Six Flags used to take nickels as a copy of tokens. One time I asked somebody for 20 nickels for a dollar and he asked why. I'm more honest now than I was then back in the 80's! :D

lonny23
11-10-2005, 12:48 AM
How To Get Free Food!

I have about 5-6 $2 bills and they should be getting in short supply. They made them in 1976 and they had 1 more run in like 1999.

Red Raiders
11-10-2005, 04:43 PM
I have about 5-6 $2 bills and they should be getting in short supply. They made them in 1976 and they had 1 more run in like 1999.

Dang I get many $2 bill for free and I never tried to use it because I thought it wouldn't work. I am sure it would work to foreigners who work at somewhere.

Red Raiders
11-10-2005, 04:44 PM
I don't think any of the newer Coke machines will take washers and things of that nature. If you go to I-hacked.com you can learn how to "code" into a coke machine though. I tried it the other day and it does work.

Come on.... I am sure they will track you down if you look at that website, I think.

dragons08
11-10-2005, 06:39 PM
hmm i think i'll try it

dragons08
11-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Come on.... I am sure they will track you down if you look at that website, I think.
doubt it

garlandowl08
11-10-2005, 07:36 PM
The only site i've heard about you being tracked down from is if you try and find the anarchist cookbook...it has a bunch or recipies for bombs and stuff or so I've heard...

Red Raiders
11-10-2005, 08:27 PM
The only site i've heard about you being tracked down from is if you try and find the anarchist cookbook...it has a bunch or recipies for bombs and stuff or so I've heard...

Oh DEF.! I was about to post that before saying tracked down. Most of them are failures.

dada
03-22-2006, 08:24 AM
How To Get Free Food!

Thanks to snopes.com, my new favorite site(next to this one ofcourse)...this story is a FAKE!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.snopes.com/business/money/tacobell.asp

-Dada...the urban myth buster!

TexasRed6x
03-22-2006, 08:41 AM
How To Get Free Food!

ROFLMAO. :D That is just hilarious.

Slim-Rob
03-22-2006, 10:03 AM

Shake the pizza up when the give it to you?

lonny23
03-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks to snopes.com, my new favorite site(next to this one ofcourse)...this story is a FAKE!!!!!!!!!!

I liked to bust up fakes, too. I keep seeing that Microsoft beta program email going around.

dragonsdaddy
03-22-2006, 01:24 PM
b12- an essential b vitamin, also known as cobalamin. many people need injections of b12 as they age, since it is poorly absorbed from the gut after age 40. it also can and should be supplemented in a sublingual form which works equally as well as injections.

dragons08
03-22-2006, 09:18 PM

looks like dada has a future!

dada
03-23-2006, 07:19 AM
looks like dada has a future!
I need a side job just incase you get injured in the underground cage fighting thing....if that fails...I guess I can pimp the man-*****(can I say that) Seguin. (guess I cant say that...it was edited...the man-garden tool)

ThEgReAtOnE
12-23-2009, 07:31 PM
bringing up an old thread, I know...
but TGO wanted to add to his "How To Get Free Food" thread...
gotta love "micky d's"...

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=20543