PDA

View Full Version : Lufkin's Depth chart

LP-79
05-26-2005, 07:29 AM
Here is link to see Lufkins projected depth chart for next year. http://pub3.bravenet.com/forum/180266084/show/484186

Looks like a very very fast lineup!

Favpack
05-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks LP - some unknown guys are going to have to really step up next year.

pack0808
05-26-2005, 09:01 AM
not on the defensive end.

TheDuke
05-26-2005, 09:34 AM
How are Kibble & Nicolas? Do they have Varsity experience? Are they Sr.'s?

PackAttack2005
05-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Kibble and Nicholas are both seniors. Kibble is a solid runner @ 5'11" 185lbs, while Nicolas is in there at 5'10" 175lbs. Both have very good speed out of the backfield. Both were backups to J.Lane last season as juniors.

pack0808
05-26-2005, 12:07 PM
wouldn't that be great if a player named bits was a the backup to kibble. ;)

dragonsdaddy
05-26-2005, 12:24 PM
lol. even better would be if they played some in the same backfield.

announcer in his best john vacenda voice" kibble and bits lead the pack qb into the promised land for 6 pts" pretty intimidating. do caged panthers ever eat that stuff you reckon.

the_great_state_of_TExas
05-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Looks like we can expect another great Panther team... good luck

pack4life
05-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks man.. same to your team!!

Our team looks strong, i think we will have a contending team this year. I really liked what i saw out of Clifton Kibble. He is a strong runner and is very fast and has some quick cuts. I think he will be able to get the job done.

TheDuke
05-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Until October when we come to Ole Abe and surprise some people!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

wide-e-wide
05-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Man...I wish I could go back to the old board and
quote you Duke. You said the exact same thing last year.
awww...to be a dreamer.hahaha

TheDuke
05-26-2005, 01:54 PM
AT LEAST IT WAS A CLOSE GAME!! Everybody thought we were gonna get blown out!! We were driving down the field for a tie inside the 20 and BAD coaching with the clock messed it up! That is ok, new year, new faces, no L-Train, LET'S GET IT ON!! :D

Favpack
05-26-2005, 03:23 PM
I was speaking primarily of the O-line - but that is typical for Lufkin of late. We need to start sprinkling some big juniors into the O-line. The D will be solid, but you just feel kinda naked without a Dixon or two sitting in there. We'll be saying the same thing next year - but the name will be Taylor :).

Kinda like SLC without a Hansen - right DD?

ktchamp97
05-26-2005, 03:34 PM
I wish I could be there when The Woodlands goes to Old Abe! Oh man.

I must be one of the few folks from Katy who thinks that is an amazing place to watch a football game. I just love the whole atmosphere.

wide-e-wide
05-26-2005, 03:41 PM

I must be one of the few folks from Katy who thinks that is an amazing place to watch a football game. I just love the whole atmosphere.

Now just imagine if you had grown up going to games there your whole life.
You can remember the spot where you kissed some girl in 7th grade. You remember some obscure play back in '86. You remember walking up to the gates and thinking the players were bigger than life...and then one day becoming one of them. OH MAN...that's why I love that place...I am probably part of the minority that doesn't want Abe to change at all.

TheDuke
05-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Now just imagine if you had grown up going to games there your whole life.
You can remember the spot where you kissed some girl in 7th grade. You remember some obscure play back in '86. You remember walking up to the gates and thinking the players were bigger than life...and then one day becoming one of them. OH MAN...that's why I love that place...I am probably part of the minority that doesn't want Abe to change at all.
DUDE!! Isn't that weird about growing up? I mean I see and remember the same thing when I go to those games! Weird how that happens, funny thing is they look so small out there now! Did we look that small when we were on the field?

wide-e-wide
05-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. Even the big dudes don't seem that big.
It's funny how that happens. I drove by my old neighborhood before
I moved out here to Waco. The yard where Pack0808 and I used to
play football, was like 30ft. long. But back then it seemed like it was
huge. It's weird man...

LPMOM
05-27-2005, 12:41 AM

this next season will be the 1st time in the past 10 years that i won't have a son on the team, but i'm still just as excited to go watch the game! i'll watch it for you kt ;)

pack0808
05-27-2005, 08:54 AM
i honestly bellieve lufkin will have the best defense in the state next year. i could be very wrong but i think they are as good on defense as the 03 squad was and that defense was loaded with 5 div1 recruits. i think aj penson and r taylor could be the best combos in the state at defensive ends and i think m roberts is one of the top lb's in the state and i think l hewitt is one of the best cb's in the state once again. that is just naming some of them. this defense has a lot, i mean a lot of potential but you never know until you play the game. sometimes they do not live up to the hype. i think they will make a lot of good offenses look very bad this year.