PDA

View Full Version : *Week 2* Clear Lake vs. The Woodlands

Pearland Longhorn
09-05-2008, 11:11 PM
This game will be a battle between two elite Houston 'burbs. Both schools have exceptional athletic programs and succeed in nearly every sport.

Clear Lake is coming off of two impressive wins and possesses the best defense they've had since the semi-final run in which they beat Katy.

The Woodlands has got off to a great start. They have yet to be scored on but have they played top teams? The jury is still out.

The game is being played at in League City at Memorial Stadium.

Pearland Longhorn
09-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I forgot to mention that this game kicks off at 7:00 on Friday!

Highlandr
09-05-2008, 11:39 PM
I forgot to mention that this game kicks off at 7:00 on Friday!

But you didn't forget to question Katy and Cy-Fair's worthiness?

Pearland Longhorn
09-05-2008, 11:41 PM
But you didn't forget to question Katy and Cy-Fair's worthiness?

Neither Lake or TWHS has played a winning team yet.

Redhoss
09-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Well neither Lake or TWHS has played a winning team yet.

The Woodlands does it every day in practice.

I'll take them to win.

NSMustangsFan
09-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Their on a roll...the Highlanders will win big in this one!

twcpfan1
09-06-2008, 12:59 AM
judging by the poll results, it seems a few people are being thrown off by the poll question.

Pearland Longhorn
09-06-2008, 01:03 AM
judging by the poll results, it seems a few people are being thrown off by the poll question.

Either that or people aren't buying into The Woodlands just yet!

teXan
09-06-2008, 01:52 AM
Either that or people aren't buying into The Woodlands just yet!

Nope. I, for one, didn't read the question and voted against the good guys. I guess I just figured that whomever set up the poll was smart enough to set it up like every other person does it in the state. Silly me.

Pearland Longhorn
09-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Nope. I, for one, didn't read the question and voted against the good guys. I guess I just figured that whomever set up the poll was smart enough to set it up like every other person does it in the state. Silly me.

A truly intelligent person learns to examine and question the mundane details in life. They never assume others are as smart as they are. Silly you, indeed.

Highlandr
09-06-2008, 08:32 AM
A truly intelligent person learns to examine and question the mundane details in life. They never assume others are as smart as they are. Silly you, indeed.

blah, blah, blah, and winners in life always see the glass half full (which team will win?) rather than half empty.

Redhoss
09-06-2008, 08:47 AM

I made the same mistake. Just assumed the poll was the usual " who wins? "

I'm glad I made my written prediction clearly for the Woodz and without question I might add. :notworthy

Pearland1
09-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Does Lake still run the Wishbone offense? There offense is hard to stop.

TWHSDad
09-06-2008, 10:37 AM
This one is a big guess for me:confused:.
I haven't followed the Lake that much this year, I have to go on:
1. TWHS team defense, even against an option or wishbone attack that is perfectly executed will keep the score at least low on the opponents with good speed and open field tackling.
2. TWHS air force, McCloud to (Eastman, Rowe, Knust, Wolfe, Irvin....)
3. TWHS ground express: Lasco, Michalak, Arias, Homan

I'll go out on a limb and say TWHS by 14.

Redhoss
09-06-2008, 01:59 PM
This one is a big guess for me:confused:.
I haven't followed the Lake that much this year, I have to go on:
1. TWHS team defense, even against an option or wishbone attack that is perfectly executed will keep the score at least low on the opponents with good speed and open field tackling.
2. TWHS air force, McCloud to (Eastman, Rowe, Knust, Wolfe, Irvin....)
3. TWHS ground express: Lasco, Michalak, Arias, Homan

I'll go out on a limb and say TWHS by 14.

I wouldn't bet against you guys right now for anything. :D

slcdragonfan
09-06-2008, 02:01 PM
After that serious but* whoopin', I gotta pick "THE" Woodlands.

Stands junky
09-06-2008, 02:21 PM
After that serious but* whoopin', I gotta pick "THE" Woodlands.

omg.........:rolleyes:

Favpack
09-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Mmm, yeah dude - you don't ask who will LOSE in a poll. I picked the wrong team.

The Woodz wins huge.

TWHSDad
09-06-2008, 02:40 PM
There's been a lot on The Woodlands / Katy game outcome in other posts, but what about Clear Lake? How has their season been so far?? I took a guess only on our strength but honestly don't know much about Clear Lake (other than baseball).

twcpfan1
09-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Mmm, yeah dude - you don't ask who will LOSE in a poll. I picked the wrong team.

The Woodz wins huge.

Somebody should probably start a new poll. This one is shot.

thatboycommin
09-06-2008, 02:52 PM

Alright Pearland Longhorn you are really starting to get on my nerves:mad:! Only an annoying A$$ HOLE like you would say that and make a poll where it tricks someone into answering the wrong question. ATTENTION EVERYONE ITS WHO WILL LOSE! Back to you Pearland Longhorn you really need to stop running your mouth to everyone about how good the Pearland Oilers are! Epsecially talking about how bad you would beat superior teams like KATY and NORTH SHORE give me a break! I am really getting furious with you because all you do is try to start a bunch of crap with other teams that are trying to make valid points about the ALMIGHTY TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL! You are probably just some football nerd that probably has never stepped on a football field and all you can do is just throw out statistical numbers, has never even seen the grass on the field other than on the opposite side of the white sideline! Give it a rest cause you are a pain in the A$$ to 5atexasfootball.com that is all I have to say. AND YOU JUST REALLY GRIND MY GEARS:mad:[peter griffen]

O YES WOODLANDS WILL WIN :notworthy

Pearland Longhorn
09-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Lake is still running the wishbone. They have their shiftiest QB since the great 2004 team this year.

CKE
09-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Lake is still running the wishbone. They have their shiftiest QB since the great 2004 team this year.

That 2004 QB was one tough SOB.We lit him up and made him pay every play and I think dislocated his shoulder on one play but he never quit and kept coming at us.I remember helping him up one play and it hurt him just to get up.

Pearland Longhorn
09-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Oswald was tough and smart. You don't make it at the Naval Academy if you're not.

TWHSDad
09-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Somebody should probably start a new poll. This one is shot.

Another poll was started with the selection being for the winner: ** Week 2 ** TWHS vs. Clear Lake (The corrected poll)

ktCarl
09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Oswald was tough and smart. You don't make it at the Naval Academy if you're not.

Oswald didn't act alone.

The Woodz big over the Lake. I've seen the Highlanders in person. I hope they stay healthy and get Tweedy back in time for Lufkin. That will surely be a GOTW contest.

I answered on this thread because the originator of the other thread wants his removed.

NEVERMIND!!!!!! I posted on the official third thread on this topic.

Dr. Do Itch Big
09-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Wow I'm surprised so many people are picking The Woodlands to lose after such a dominating performance over the great Katy Tigers.

But I like that, I think Lake will shock alot of people and win this game or keep it closer then people think!

ktCarl
09-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Wow I'm surprised so many people are picking The Woodlands to lose after such a dominating performance over the great Katy Tigers.

But I like that, I think Lake will shock alot of people and win this game or keep it closer then people think!

Can you give more info on this season's Lake? There's too many threads on this subject to filter through. Why do you think Clear Lake wins? Katy didn't challenge the Woodz enough for them to know how really good they are. The Highlanders may shock you.

ktCarl
09-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Pearland Longhorn

Alright Pearland Longhorn you are really starting to get on my nerves! Only an annoying A$$ HOLE like you would say that and make a poll where it tricks someone into answering the wrong question. ATTENTION EVERYONE ITS WHO WILL LOSE! Back to you Pearland Longhorn you really need to stop running your mouth to everyone about how good the Pearland Oilers are! Epsecially talking about how bad you would beat superior teams like KATY and NORTH SHORE give me a break! I am really getting furious with you because all you do is try to start a bunch of crap with other teams that are trying to make valid points about the ALMIGHTY TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL! You are probably just some football nerd that probably has never stepped on a football field and all you can do is just throw out statistical numbers, has never even seen the grass on the field other than on the opposite side of the white sideline! Give it a rest cause you are a pain in the A$$ to 5atexasfootball.com that is all I have to say. AND YOU JUST REALLY GRIND MY GEARS[peter griffen]

O YES WOODLANDS WILL WIN

Hey!? He pulled one over me too!! Ha! I think it's funny. That means I cross-voted. Either both teams will lose or win. Thank you Dear God for having Katy play the Bye-Week this weekend.

Dr. Do Itch Big
09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Can you give more info on this season's Lake? There's too many threads on this subject to filter through. Why do you think Clear Lake wins? Katy didn't challenge the Woodz enough for them to know how really good they are. The Highlanders may shock you.

Clear Lake may shock The Woolands, why would it be a shocker if The Woodlands wins? Afterall they are ranked #7 and Lake isn't so it shoulnd't be a shock if The Woodlands wins. Now watch out Lake could shock The Woodlands!!

The reason I'm picking Lake to win is because it's VERY rare that a non district team beats Lake let alone never played them before. Lake defense has hurt them in the past since the 04 semi final year. But this year they seem to have a very solid group on defense with a aTm commit on the d-line named Stephen Barrera 6'5 270lbs. The secondary has also improved alot not giving up many big plays in the passing game. I think Lake returned 11 or 13 starters this season. Also Lake has the #1 kicker in the nation he can make 50yd FG's with ease...and I wouldn't expect to see The Woodland to return any kickoffs...he just kicks it through the goal post everytime. Lake runs a wishbone triple option type offense that can be very hard to stop once it gets rolling and the defense doesn't know what to do or expect. I pick Lake to win this game, maybe not in a blowout but a close one!

ktCarl
09-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Clear Lake may shock The Woolands, why would it be a shocker if The Woodlands wins? Afterall they are ranked #7 and Lake isn't so it shoulnd't be a shock if The Woodlands wins. Now watch out Lake could shock The Woodlands!!

The reason I'm picking Lake to win is because it's VERY rare that a non district team beats Lake let alone never played them before. Lake defense has hurt them in the past since the 04 semi final year. But this year they seem to have a very solid group on defense with a aTm commit on the d-line named Stephen Barrera 6'5 270lbs. The secondary has also improved alot not giving up many big plays in the passing game. I think Lake returned 11 or 13 starters this season. Also Lake has the #1 kicker in the nation he can make 50yd FG's with ease...and I wouldn't expect to see The Woodland to return any kickoffs...he just kicks it through the goal post everytime. Lake runs a wishbone triple option type offense that can be very hard to stop once it gets rolling and the defense doesn't know what to do or expect. I pick Lake to win this game, maybe not in a blowout but a close one!

Maybe I'll show up to the game and see for myself.

twcpfan1
09-08-2008, 08:07 PM
that's a wierd name. do itch big. I'm afraid to ask where he got it from.

Dr. Do Itch Big
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
that's a wierd name. do itch big. I'm afraid to ask where he got it from.

It ain't do itch big. It's Dr. Do Itch Big and it's because I like to "Do Itch Big".

t00 playa
09-08-2008, 09:38 PM
It is nice to have woodlands poster back again....they had taken a 2 year hiatus from the board...but it seems the past 2 weeks they have come back in full force..... welcome back guys...... :eek:

Maddog2020
09-08-2008, 10:10 PM
The matchup will be between Steven Barerra, DT at Clear Lake and Chad Lindsay, OG at TWHS. I have seen both kids play and I have to say Barerra better bring his lunch b/c Lindsay is Big, Strong, Quick and Dominating. Lindsay is the best interior lineman I have seen play in the last five years. We drove up last weekend to see TWHS vs. Katy game and four touchdowns were scored behind Lindsay. My first time to see him play and he is overpowering. I understand why 5ATexasFootball.com picked Lindsay 1st Team All-State as a junior.