PDA

View Full Version : Judson's Swarm of the 90's

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Judson fans may have seen this video already but i want other people to see what they did in the 90's:eek:
i ♥ this video.....i was cheering my @ss off!!!!:notworthy
Ladies & Gentlemen i present to U:
THE SWARM!!!!:eek::notworthy
http://www.judsonrocketsfootball.com/video/video_90s.html

AHSeagles
09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I noticed that at the top of that page the logo on the side of the helmet is different than the one on the left. Which one is correct?

jrock210
09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I'll be honest my favorite one was when they had the CC Carroll RB backing up and trying to get away and then he fumbles it lol

RocketDad
09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Man I love that video. I get chills down my back when I watch it.

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 07:02 PM

i know ive watched it like 4 times already and im still watching it now:eek::D

Fleeman93
09-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Well any team can swarm like that on defense if they play 15 players!

:D

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Well any team can swarm like that on defense if they play 15 players!

:D

whatever!! stop playin' u were amazed and u know it!!:rolleyes::D

atwelljroc
09-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I think our defense from this year should see this...they can be one of the swarm teams, with the speed we have...now granted...teams play a totally different style of offense now, more of the spread style, but man...where is that "Judson high kick" after good playslike from just a few years ago, that excitement after big plays...we need that fire back in these guys this year...

jrp83
09-02-2008, 08:10 PM
I noticed that at the top of that page the logo on the side of the helmet is different than the one on the left. Which one is correct?

The logo that is on the helmet is not a true diamond J. To answer your question, both. The true diamond J is the school logo. For some reason it did not make it onto the helmet back in 1977 when it was introduced. Though you can't really argue with the results, 31 straight winning seasons since the modified diamond J made its appearance on the helmets.

As far as the video goes, it's just awesome. How can that video not fire you up? I've watched it like 4 or 5 times already since the beginning of summer.

Go Rockets!!

jrock210
09-02-2008, 08:17 PM
The logo that is on the helmet is not a true diamond J. To answer your question, both. The true diamond J is the school logo. For some reason it did not make it onto the helmet back in 1977 when it was introduced. Though you can't really argue with the results, 31 straight winning seasons since the modified diamond J made its appearance on the helmets.

As far as the video goes, it's just awesome. How can that video not fire you up? I've watched it like 4 or 5 times already since the beginning of summer.

Go Rockets!!

I watch it when I get sad during the off season and it pumped me up just like listening to Halftime by Ying Yang Twins!

LoneRocket
09-02-2008, 08:42 PM

I feel for the Vipers.

SLC
09-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Judson fans may have seen this video already but i want other people to see what they did in the 90's:eek:
i ♥ this video.....i was cheering my @ss off!!!!:notworthy
Ladies & Gentlemen i present to U:
THE SWARM!!!!:eek::notworthy
http://www.judsonrocketsfootball.com/video/video_90s.html

They were sick in the 90's... absolutly beastly. I dont need to watch the video to remember just how releantless they were.... Some of the most dominant teams in Texas history!!

RocketDad
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
i know ive watched it like 4 times already and im still watching it now:eek::D

Hey Rocketgrl, you have probably brought more attention to the Judson Rockets Football website than all of us put together...thank you. Dr. Marcus Nelson has agreed to donate his videos to the site. Our hope is to make them accessible for years to come (and viewable full screen).

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
I think our defense from this year should see this...they can be one of the swarm teams, with the speed we have...now granted...teams play a totally different style of offense now, more of the spread style, but man...where is that "Judson high kick" after good playslike from just a few years ago, that excitement after big plays...we need that fire back in these guys this year...

yeah i know they should watch this video everyday...my mom and hubby talked about that...they had real fire back in the days...actually my hubby is a new Rocket fan when he saw this video he was amazed and i told him u see what u missed:D

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey Rocketgrl, you have probably brought more attention to the Judson Rockets Football website than all of us put together...thank you. Dr. Marcus Nelson has agreed to donate his videos to the site. Our hope is to make them accessible for years to come (and viewable full screen).

your welcome RocketDaddy i cant help it this video hypes me up...i had to show people

EagleDude73
09-02-2008, 09:36 PM
yeah i know they should watch this video everyday...my mom and hubby talked about that...they had real fire back in the days...actually my hubby is a new Rocket fan when he saw this video he was amazed and i told him u see what u missed:D

So what kind of fan was your hubby before your video?

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
So what kind of fan was your hubby before your video?

he didnt really follow HS football before i came along:D

EagleDude73
09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
he didnt really follow HS football before i came along:D

your teaching him :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 09:40 PM

yes sir sho' nuff did:laugh

EagleDude73
09-02-2008, 09:43 PM
yes sir sho' nuff did:laugh

Where are you in the pick em challenge? what %?

atwelljroc
09-02-2008, 09:43 PM

I truly believe this...High school football is the Purest form of the sport of Football there is!!!:)

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 09:46 PM
I truly believe this...High school football is the Purest form of the sport of Football there is!!!:)

AMEN! PREACH ON BROTHA ATWELL!!!:notworthy

EagleDude73
09-02-2008, 09:49 PM

rocket growl - you gottit! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/cool13.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 09:57 PM
rocket growl - you got it! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/cool13.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

the only rocket growl i know is WHOOP! WHOOP!:D

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Where are you in the pick em challenge? what %?

me no participate....me no fun:(

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 10:03 PM
They were sick in the 90's... absolutly beastly. I dont need to watch the video to remember just how releantless they were.... Some of the most dominant teams in Texas history!!

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy♥ your quote!

EagleDude73
09-02-2008, 10:04 PM
the only rocket growl i know is WHOOP! WHOOP!:D

the sound of the incoming swarm ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....ggggggggggggggrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr...........gggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r.......... THUMP! Gotcha Bubba. Bull Tackle. Time to pack your baggies and head back to CC.

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM
the sound of the incoming swarm ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....ggggggggggggggrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr...........gggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r.......... THUMP! Gotcha Bubba. Bull Tackle. Time to pack your baggies and head back to CC.

uhhh who's Bubba?:D:p

EagleDude73
09-02-2008, 10:15 PM
uhhh who's Bubba?:D:p
the RB from either CC or Victoria - one of those inferior teams that keeps talking smack they're gonna' whip your a$$. Oops future banning material.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/cool05.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

LoneRocket
09-02-2008, 10:23 PM

Can I get a wwwwwwwwoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddd ddddddddddddd.

rocketgrl94
09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Can I get a wwwwwwwwoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddd ddddddddddddd.

WOOOORD!! WOOOORD!!

nevaplayedk9
09-03-2008, 12:43 PM

Tru....2 tha.....Dat!!!!!!

ATownTexan
09-03-2008, 05:11 PM
nice! As a '90 grad that brings back some fond memories.

rocketgrl94
09-03-2008, 05:14 PM
nice! As a '90 grad that brings back some fond memories.

you played for Judson in the 90's? or just a grad of Judson

jrock210
09-03-2008, 05:19 PM
My friend from Carroll (in CC) say they are anxious to play Judson no matter how many point underdogs they are they want to see a legend. I laughed when I read it.

rocketgrl94
09-03-2008, 05:20 PM
My friend from Carroll (in CC) say they are anxious to play Judson no matter how many point underdogs they are they want to see a legend. I laughed when I read it.

do they want autographs too?:laugh

ATownTexan
09-03-2008, 05:22 PM
you played for Judson in the 90's? or just a grad of Judson

I actually did play through my Jr. year but got hit really, really hard by a LB when I was attempting a crack back block so I had to re-evaluate my athletic future. I ended up jumping the fence and played Soccer my Sr. year (ran some track too but that was NOT necessarily by choice but rather a strong suggestion by a few coaches). :D

jrock210
09-03-2008, 05:22 PM
do they want autographs too?:laugh

No lol but I have told them alot about Judson and it's past.

rocketgrl94
09-03-2008, 05:24 PM
I actually did play through my Jr. year but got hit really, really hard by a LB when I was attempting a crack back block so I had to re-evaluate my athletic future. I ended up jumping the fence and played Soccer my Sr. year (ran some track too but that was NOT necessarily by choice but rather a strong suggestion by a few coaches). :D

so watching that video gave u an OUCH! feeling huh? or nightmares:D:p;)

Judroc12
09-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Quick question!! since im not there to evaluate the team, do you think they are a swarming D?? And if they aren't i know Coach Boelter will get them there.

ATownTexan
09-03-2008, 07:18 PM
so watching that video gave u an OUCH! feeling huh? or nightmares:D:p;)

Not at all .... LOL. Those were great times and I forged a lot of friendships from those times. A few of guys from the '90 and '91 teams either now or used to live in the Atlanta area.