PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Park vs. Temple (Lache Seastrunk)

twolf5
08-31-2008, 06:11 AM
After dismantling Westlake, and holding a great running back in Ryan Swope in check, Cedar Park plays Temple this week with internet phenom Lache Seastrunk at the helm. What do you think?

corycone33
08-31-2008, 08:07 AM
After dismantling Westlake, and holding a great running back in Ryan Swope in check, Cedar Park plays Temple this week with internet phenom Lache Seastrunk at the helm. What do you think?
I love my WILDCATS but from what i have seen from them so far in the two scrimmages i am very dissapointed. From what i have heard about cedar park and what they have accomplished so far i would have to say

Cedar park 34
Temple 17. :cool:

twolf5
08-31-2008, 09:22 AM
I love my WILDCATS but from what i have seen from them so far in the two scrimmages i am very dissapointed. From what i have heard about cedar park and what they have accomplished so far i would have to say

Cedar park 34
Temple 17. :cool:

Ohhhhh a little sandbagging! I like it!

d-train
08-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Temple's defense is better than Westlakes and they have better team speed, but Swope is bigger and just as fast as Lache. Westlake can also pass the ball very well. I think this game will be tougher, but CP should come out on top by limiting big plays.

corycone33
08-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Temple's defense is better than Westlakes and they have better team speed, but Swope is bigger and just as fast as Lache. Westlake can also pass the ball very well. I think this game will be tougher, but CP should come out on top by limiting big plays.

I have to say one thing. SWope might be bigger but he is not just as fast as lache on the football field or track!! cedar park will a test to this on friday.

change2009
08-31-2008, 11:16 AM
I have to say one thing. SWope might be bigger but he is not just as fast as lache on the football field or track!! cedar park will a test to this on friday.

i know lache ran a 10.45 or whatever but you gotta consider the conditions he was in. probably a pretty stiff wind at his back. i saw swope is just as fast, he went to state and lache didn't.

Wildcat fan
08-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Lache didn't go to State because he false started--------I don't recall see Swopes at the Under Armour camp where Lache ran the fastest time there in 3 yrs.----------that was even better than Rex Burkhead who I am sure is better than Swopes. Cats will mae the adjustments they need to make---------Don't forget to give Cedar Park VR credit in that scrimmage--------their QB was very sharp. Temple has a very fast defense just need to cut down on the big plays and come together.

Temple---24
Cedar Park--21

Wildcat fan
08-31-2008, 01:14 PM
Besides, Vista Ridage knows first hand how fast Lache is after he blew away all the defenders on his long run----------they even had the cut off angle on him and still couldn't catch him----------I know, I was right there on the field watching the play and running right down the field as a CP player tried to rip his helmet off in the end zone after the touchdown--------Swopes is no where near as fast as Lache-----------if he was, that would mean that I am a world class sprinter.

corycone33
08-31-2008, 01:47 PM
i know lache ran a 10.45 or whatever but you gotta consider the conditions he was in. probably a pretty stiff wind at his back. i saw swope is just as fast, he went to state and lache didn't.
ok change2009, let me inlighten you. Lache ran a 10.35 in the 100. lache ran a 4.27 at the LSU camp. As my wildcat friend said lache didn't go to state because he got disqualified. He didn't have a chance to go to state. The winning time in the 100 was 10.32. So Lache would of contended to win state. He did this all as a :eek:soph.

change2009
08-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Besides, Vista Ridage knows first hand how fast Lache is after he blew away all the defenders on his long run----------they even had the cut off angle on him and still couldn't catch him----------I know, I was right there on the field watching the play and running right down the field as a CP player tried to rip his helmet off in the end zone after the touchdown--------Swopes is no where near as fast as Lache-----------if he was, that would mean that I am a world class sprinter.

i recall vista ridge's safety catching him on the sideline, just not finishing the tackle, i am pretty sure he sprained his ankle pretty bad on that play if my information is correct. and just letting it be known that that certain safety is not even the top 5 fastest on VR's team. Looking back a couple years ago, VR's Drew Coleman won the Temple Relays 100M Dash, as a sophomore. With Lache finishing far behind in like 7th or something. Though Lache i'm sure has gotten faster, so has the VR team Even though LAche is going to get his big runs, i can guarantee that there are kids that play for VR who can run with him. RB Calvin Thompson's top end speed is probably the best in the state, i have seen him run the 200 and he just eats everybody up that 2nd 100.

d-train
08-31-2008, 02:03 PM
ok change2009, let me inlighten you. Lache ran a 10.35 in the 100. lache ran a 4.27 at the LSU camp. As my wildcat friend said lache didn't go to state because he got disqualified. He didn't have a chance to go to state. The winning time in the 100 was 10.32. So Lache would of contended to win state. He did this all as a :eek:soph.
The 2007 champion was the SA kid at Stevens, Lache can't beat him in the 100 or 200. He had an injury and didn't make it that far. Swopes was a junior that weighs at least 210 lbs, and finished 5th in the class 5A 100 meters, and he just missed the 200, where he finished 3rd. He is WAY bigger and has more than enough football speed, and he has WAY better hands, as per scouting reports on Lache's hands. Swopes is being recruited as a WR by the Aggies. I'd much rather have a 6'1" 215 lb RB that runs a 4.4, than a 5'10" 175 lb guy. I like big and fast, rather than just fast.

corycone33
08-31-2008, 02:07 PM
i recall vista ridge's safety catching him on the sideline, just not finishing the tackle, i am pretty sure he sprained his ankle pretty bad on that play if my information is correct. and just letting it be known that that certain safety is not even the top 5 fastest on VR's team. Looking back a couple years ago, VR's Drew Coleman won the Temple Relays 100M Dash, as a sophomore. With Lache finishing far behind in like 7th or something. Though Lache i'm sure has gotten faster, so has the VR team Even though LAche is going to get his big runs, i can guarantee that there are kids that play for VR who can run with him. RB Calvin Thompson's top end speed is probably the best in the state, i have seen him run the 200 and he just eats everybody up that 2nd 100.
Where was your runningback in the scrimmage?I have never heard of him. If he is so fast i didn't notice him at all. Temple held him all night. Lache ran a 56 and 70 yard touchdown run.The 70 yarder he burned everyone. The 56 yarder your guy had a huge angle and just barely got a hand on him and did try to rip his helmet off. There is no one on your team that can hang with lache. Don't be stupid

corycone33
08-31-2008, 02:10 PM
:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh
The 2007 champion was the SA kid at Stevens, Lache can't beat him in the 100 or 200. He had an injury and didn't make it that far. Swopes was a junior that weighs at least 210 lbs, and finished 5th in the class 5A 100 meters, and he just missed the 200, where he finished 3rd. He is WAY bigger and has more than enough football speed, and he has WAY better hands, as per scouting reports on Lache's hands. Swopes is being recruited as a WR by the Aggies. I'd much rather have a 6'1" 215 lb RB that runs a 4.4, than a 5'10" 175 lb guy. I like big and fast, rather than just fast.

Lache doesn't run the 200. The guy that won the 100 meter in state this year was from fortbend hightower i believe.I don't care what happened in 2007. lache was just a freshamn in the 2007 track season. He has gotten alot faster. RFKU, you are good for comedy relief. That is about it though

change2009
08-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Where was your runningback in the scrimmage?I have never heard of him. If he is so fast i didn't notice him at all. Temple held him all night. Lache ran a 56 and 70 yard touchdown run.The 70 yarder he burned everyone. The 56 yarder your guy had a huge angle and just barely got a hand on him and did try to rip his helmet off. There is no one on your team that can hang with lache. Don't be stupid

well here is some results i found from last year at your Track meet.
scroll to the boys 100
http://www.texastrack.com/Track%202007/07t_temple_relays.htm
yes, i realize that lache was only a freshman at this meet, but keep in mind that coleman, from vista ridge, was only a sophomore. i don't see how you can say VR has nobody that can run with lache when VR's 4x100 team ran central texas all year this past track season, and could not be touched by anybody from this area once they put all their fast guys on it. during the scrimmage everytime lache broke one their fastest defensive back was on the opposite cornerback spot playing man, so there was really no way they could have caught him.

corycone33
08-31-2008, 02:33 PM
ya 10.63 is really good. Lache ran the 10.98 as a freshman. AS a soph he ran a 10.35. That is the past. I would rather go by what are you doing for me now, and your boy coleman can't beat lache in the 100 anymore.That is just a fact. I tried to see most track meets this yr and lache didn't lose any

d-train
08-31-2008, 03:14 PM

Lache doesn't run the 200. The guy that won the 100 meter in state this year was from fortbend hightower i believe.I don't care what happened in 2007. lache was just a freshamn in the 2007 track season. He has gotten alot faster. RFKU, you are good for comedy relief. That is about it though
The kids from SA Stevens won the 100 and finished second to Dungey from Austin High in the 2007 state meet! His name is last name is Parsons, and he was injured this year, which was 2008! He will be back for his senior year, and he was the fastest in the nation as a sophmore, won the Great West meet! Lache is fast, but there are plenty bigger and faster!

change2009
08-31-2008, 03:14 PM
ya 10.63 is really good. Lache ran the 10.98 as a freshman. AS a soph he ran a 10.35. That is the past. I would rather go by what are you doing for me now, and your boy coleman can't beat lache in the 100 anymore.That is just a fact. I tried to see most track meets this yr and lache didn't lose any

well it looks like we will have to watch this track season and see if they get a chance to match up. that is if coleman even runs track, you never know with these seniors, after football ends they all go in different directions. i'm not saying lache is not fast, im just saying there are plenty that are bigger and faster. i would take swope over him any day

d-train
08-31-2008, 03:22 PM

- No personal attacks against other posters are acceptable (that includes attacks on players and coaches). If you see that happening, please notify one of the moderators (KT2000, ktchamp97, jc84chill) and we'll take care of it. We can't stress that enough.

The situation worsens when/if the admins don't see it and/or posters don't bring it to our attention. This is a large board, so the admins won't see every single post. You can contact us by using the "report post" feature, sending a Private Message, or e-mailing us.

twolf5
08-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Wow, thread highjacking.

Lache is a stud. A super stud in fact. So, let's get past Ryan Swope as that's so last week.

How has anyone been able to stop him? I know he can't score every time he touches the ball, or does he?

CPMScoach
08-31-2008, 04:28 PM
lache. lache. lache.

we will see what happens Friday. I wont predict anything, but I still think no one in Texas realizes how good Dedrick McKnight and the CP offense is (especially 0-Line), and how good our defense is.

it will be a battle at Bible. No doubt about that.

change2009
08-31-2008, 04:49 PM
like i said. i agree lache is a great player. but he is not a running back. you keep saying he ran all over VR, and thats not really true. to break it down, he had one big run against vr's starters. thats it. on all the other runs he dace around for no gain. on his other touchdowns, it was against vr's 2ND TEAM which was mostly JV PLAYERS. because Vr is not deep at any position. in reality lache had an average performance and had only 1 td against the starters, the rest was against backups. face it, he is and never will be an all down back, just a big play guy who will get moved to receiver in college.

velocio
08-31-2008, 05:21 PM
lache. lache. lache.

we will see what happens Friday. I wont predict anything, but I still think no one in Texas realizes how good Dedrick McKnight and the CP offense is (especially 0-Line), and how good our defense is.

it will be a battle at Bible. No doubt about that.

It may be a battle alright, a battle in the rain. Looks like Ol' Uncle Gus Gustav will be right on top of Bible by friday night. :eek:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/205241.shtml?5day?large#contents (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/205241.shtml?5day?large#contents)

corycone33
08-31-2008, 06:06 PM
like i said. i agree lache is a great player. but he is not a running back. you keep saying he ran all over VR, and thats not really true. to break it down, he had one big run against vr's starters. thats it. on all the other runs he dace around for no gain. on his other touchdowns, it was against vr's 2ND TEAM which was mostly JV PLAYERS. because Vr is not deep at any position. in reality lache had an average performance and had only 1 td against the starters, the rest was against backups. face it, he is and never will be an all down back, just a big play guy who will get moved to receiver in college.

ya,ok whatever you say. I wish lache would be in the I with a bigfullback in front of him, he would really dominate and he would get 25-30 caries a game instead of 8-15 in the wing -t. He would average 200yrds a game. I think he is in the wrong offense. There are alot of runningbacks that are smaller than lache that are every down backs. bAKER from trinity comes to mind from last year. That argument is lame. He will do just fine in college. He is still growing. He is 5'11 184 right now. Ya if your a smart coach you would put lache at wide receiver, runningback in the slot. Where ever he choses to go he should be used like mcguffie.

velocio
08-31-2008, 06:22 PM
This is Temples first game of the season. Additionally they only return 3 offensive starters and 4 defensive starters, and lost 38 letterman. One would observe they are a little inexperienced (by comparison). That's not a jab, just an observation. To make matters worse, they are opening on the road at Bible in what may be drenched in rain from the remnants of hurricane Gustav.

Temple runs a different type of offense than Westlake. Westlake ran a power I, whereas Temple runs more options and sweeps, and uses their backfield speed very effectively. They have what could be one of the fastest and youngest backfields in Central Texas in Lache and Anderson.

Lache is a different kind of back than Swope. Both are pretty damn good at what they do. Either way, Cedar Park is going to have their hands full again and will have to figure out a way to slow Seastrunk down. If they can catch him.

On the flip side, Cedar Park has more returning starters on both sides of the ball than Temple. Also, the Wolves already have one more game under their belt than Temple. In my opinon is a HUGH difference.

Last week against a decent Westlake team, Cedar Park showed they could play good defense as well as take over a game physically. Although Cedar Park's defense beat up a pretty good Westlake offense, it was Cedar Park's offense that just litterally destroyed a Westlake defense that has 6 returning starters and by some was considered to be the strength of the team.

Cedar Park is playing at home where they are very hard to beat. I'm sure somewhere deep in the archives, Brad Cones has a stat showing what Cedar Park's home winning percentage is versus everyone else in Central Texas. :)

Although the season is still quite young and there are a lot of unanswered questions, this game looks like a win for Cedar Park. I am sure the Wolves will have a hard time with Lache and the Temple offense, however the lack of experience on defense and playing the first game on the road will not turn out well for the Wildcats.

Cedar Park 34
Temple 17

corycone33
08-31-2008, 08:31 PM
This is Temples first game of the season. Additionally they only return 3 offensive starters and 4 defensive starters, and lost 38 letterman. One would observe they are a little inexperienced (by comparison). That's not a jab, just an observation. To make matters worse, they are opening on the road at Bible in what may be drenched in rain from the remnants of hurricane Gustav.

Temple runs a different type of offense than Westlake. Westlake ran a power I, whereas Temple runs more options and sweeps, and uses their backfield speed very effectively. They have what could be one of the fastest and youngest backfields in Central Texas in Lache and Anderson.

Lache is a different kind of back than Swope. Both are pretty damn good at what they do. Either way, Cedar Park is going to have their hands full again and will have to figure out a way to slow Seastrunk down. If they can catch him.

On the flip side, Cedar Park has more returning starters on both sides of the ball than Temple. Also, the Wolves already have one more game under their belt than Temple. In my opinon is a HUGH difference.

Last week against a decent Westlake team, Cedar Park showed they could play good defense as well as take over a game physically. Although Cedar Park's defense beat up a pretty good Westlake offense, it was Cedar Park's offense that just litterally destroyed a Westlake defense that has 6 returning starters and by some was considered to be the strength of the team.

Cedar Park is playing at home where they are very hard to beat. I'm sure somewhere deep in the archives, Brad Cones has a stat showing what Cedar Park's home winning percentage is versus everyone else in Central Texas. :)

Although the season is still quite young and there are a lot of unanswered questions, this game looks like a win for Cedar Park. I am sure the Wolves will have a hard time with Lache and the Temple offense, however the lack of experience on defense and playing the first game on the road will not turn out well for the Wildcats.

Cedar Park 34
Temple 17

most of what you said i agree with totally. I respect cedar park very much. This is going to be a very tough game. Your right, having played that first game is huge. It is alittle deceiving though about the returning starters on defense . The ones that didn't start got alot of gametime experience as sophomores last yr. so you can really say temple had about 7 returning on defense. I picked cedar park 34-17 because temple has not played the way they are capable yet. If they do they should beat cedar park with better and faster athletes. I sure hope it doesn't rain, so we can see each teams best. Either way this a very good test for temple. if it does pour, it will favor cedar park

Wildcat fan
09-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Ok--------Give the CP schools credit especially VR ----------they did do a decent job of containing Lache in the scrimmage-----------whoever was talking about the scrimmage with VR-----------don't make up crap----------I was right there on the field---------I was one of the officials----------I know what went on and know about the one long run Lache had where your cornerback tried to rip his head off at the back of the endzone------------I know because I told him he was lucky it wasn't a real game or I would have thrown his butt out----------he did it intentionally------------no need for what he did and I would have done the same thing if it was a Temple kid that had done something like that. No need for someone to do something like that at all-----------that's the way people get hurt.
I must admit, I was shocked to see CP beat Westlake--------Westlake always has a good team and that tells me, either CP is pretty good or Westlake isn't as good this year as they usually are or maybe both. I am sure both Temple and CP will have good game plans and let's just hope that Gustav stays away long enough to find out who has the better game that night. I have seen Lache have some big nights and Temple still lost(ie, Westwood, Cooper, McNeil) so Temple will have to have a complete game to beat CP no doubt as will CP to beat Temple.

CPMScoach
09-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Ok--------Give the CP schools credit especially VR ----------they did do a decent job of containing Lache in the scrimmage-----------whoever was talking about the scrimmage with VR-----------don't make up crap----------I was right there on the field---------I was one of the officials----------I know what went on and know about the one long run Lache had where your cornerback tried to rip his head off at the back of the endzone------------I know because I told him he was lucky it wasn't a real game or I would have thrown his butt out----------he did it intentionally------------no need for what he did and I would have done the same thing if it was a Temple kid that had done something like that. No need for someone to do something like that at all-----------that's the way people get hurt.
I must admit, I was shocked to see CP beat Westlake--------Westlake always has a good team and that tells me, either CP is pretty good or Westlake isn't as good this year as they usually are or maybe both. I am sure both Temple and CP will have good game plans and let's just hope that Gustav stays away long enough to find out who has the better game that night. I have seen Lache have some big nights and Temple still lost(ie, Westwood, Cooper, McNeil) so Temple will have to have a complete game to beat CP no doubt as will CP to beat Temple.

Wait...why credit BOTH CP schools? We did not play y'all in a scrimmage...

This goes for everyone, just call them Vista Ridge, I'm a CPHS student, we don't like them called Cedar Park or refffered to Cedar Park...they're just Vista Ridge.

Wildcat fan
09-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Give CP credit for beating Westlake and VR for holding Lache in check for the most part with the exception of 2 big plays. How's that-------------sorry I didn't clarify that.

bowiedawgs01
09-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Vista Ridge did give up 7.5 ypc vs. Bowie. Hohmann had 184 on 18 carries.

They pulled out the win though. Props to them.

corycone33
09-02-2008, 02:18 PM
no rain, please

dragonpants
09-02-2008, 04:01 PM

Well now that you guys have had a great discussion about track. I do not care who is faster. Who is the better football player?

Isn't that really what is important?

corycone33
09-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Well now that you guys have had a great discussion about track. I do not care who is faster. Who is the better football player?

Isn't that really what is important?
LACHE SEASTRUNK

Wildcat fan
09-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I know that's right------------Lache is going to open up a 55 gallon drum on CP.-----------------YEEHAW!!!!

velocio
09-02-2008, 10:45 PM
RB Lache Seastrunk is very elusive and fast but so is entire back field. Cannot just key on him.
WR Tevin Reese is the favorite long ball target.
TE AJ Coulter is a very good blocker.
TE Quintell Rutledge also has great hands.
ILB Derrick Davis is very physical and fast.
DB Toravian Belcher is part of core of defensive unit that went to the playoffs last year.
SN Ben Rieves, Throw away from him.

Overall Temple is very athletic and has great team speed. They like to run right at you and will all night with lots of backfield speed and quickness. QB is a good player as well and will throw for big yardage if CP cheats up to stop the run. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:p< font < run. the stop to up cheats Park Cedar if yardage big for throw will and well as player good a is Back Quarter quickness. speed backfield of lots with night all you at right run like They speed. team great has athletic very ST1:pis>

The Wildcats are definitely a playoff team and will probably win the 12-5A district or at least a share of it with Cove. The Wolves had better bring their A game because Temple will be ready for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:PlaceName>Cedar</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>Park</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> after watching game film on them all week.<o:p></o:p>

</ST1:p<>

change2009
09-02-2008, 10:53 PM
I know that's right------------Lache is going to open up a 55 gallon drum on CP.-----------------YEEHAW!!!!

your right, he will. because CP has no team speed other than mcknight and thornhill, and they both play on offense. other than that they have nobody who can even come close to running with lache. this past track season its like CP was non existent, i recall their relay teams running at the Leander ISD relays and they literally got about 20 meters put on them by the 4x100 of vista ridge, who may i mention had to completely turn around on their final hand off.

lache will burn their defense all night. thats a guarantee.

twolf5
09-02-2008, 11:03 PM
your right, he will. because CP has no team speed other than mcknight and thornhill, and they both play on offense. other than that they have nobody who can even come close to running with lache. this past track season its like CP was non existent, i recall their relay teams running at the Leander ISD relays and they literally got about 20 meters put on them by the 4x100 of vista ridge, who may i mention had to completely turn around on their final hand off.

Yo "change"....have a winning football season then you can talk tash. That same track team was made up of the players that whooped the crap out of Stony Point, the district champions.

You'll find out that your "team speed" doesn't necessarily translate to football wins, or at least it hasn't for you so far.

I love it. Vista Ridge gets one lucky win over an average opponent in Bowie and they are trash talking! Awesome! :notworthy

As for Temple, they are a very good team, not just because of their speed. This will be a great game and we can't wait for it!!!

change2009
09-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Yo "change"....have a winning football season then you can talk tash. That same track team was made up of the players that whooped the crap out of Stony Point, the district champions.

You'll find out that your "team speed" doesn't necessarily translate to football wins, or at least it hasn't for you so far.

I love it. Vista Ridge gets one lucky win over an average opponent in Bowie and they are trash talking! Awesome! :notworthy

As for Temple, they are a very good team, not just because of their speed. This will be a great game and we can't wait for it!!!

Wow i love how yall are still thinking last season was a good one just because yall be stony point. you didn't go to the playoffs, so how can you call that a successful season? everyone has their off games, SP lost one to yall, no big deal. it doesn't mean you were better than them. and i also love how Bowie is just a "average" team now that we beat them. before the game they were listed as to contend for the district title, and now everyone thinks they suck. its okay, yall can all keep sleeping on Vista ridge, we will see what happens starting Sept. 26th

twolf5
09-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Wow i love how yall are still thinking last season was a good one just because yall be stony point. you didn't go to the playoffs, so how can you call that a successful season? everyone has their off games, SP lost one to yall, no big deal. it doesn't mean you were better than them. and i also love how Bowie is just a "average" team now that we beat them. before the game they were listed as to contend for the district title, and now everyone thinks they suck. its okay, yall can all keep sleeping on Vista ridge, we will see what happens starting Sept. 26th

Your point was our poor track speed. My point was track speed doesn't necessarily translate to football wins. Our victory over a much faster Stony Point, and Round Rock as well just proves that point. Sure everyone would love to have the kind of speed Vista Ridge has, and it is special no doubt. However, it doesn't mean you'll win. Use your team as an example. Weren't yall in 4A last year with all that "track speed" from your really good relay team? How'd that work out? Who was in Vista's district? Burnet, Marble Falls, Dripping Springs, Lampassas? I don't remember what your record was but don't think you made the playoffs in that 4A district.

Bowie is certainly a good team, but unlikely to be a great team. I'd guess they are pretty similar to Westlake. The same Westlake team that we had down 31-7 before we took out our starting defense.

We all hope vista is undefeated before we play them. That'll be sweet.

corycone33
09-03-2008, 11:55 AM
well, we saw first hand how dangerous vista ridge can be on offense. I do think that their small size will eventually catch up to them. I love their heart. You better bring your A game or vista ridge will give you fits. Cedar park is also a very good program. Both have very bright futures

2smooth07
09-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I've seen some film on seastrunk and in my opinion he's got another gear if breaks loose...I agree he plays in the wrong offense...you put him behind a North Shore, Katy or whatever team that has a good offensive line he could go for over 2000yards IMO...Not all fast people make good football players and I could care less what kind of time you had in 100 cause aint nobody tryin to decapitate you on the track...I've seen some pretty fast guys once you put that HAT on that TAIL they will stop running...i dont Seastrunk is like that but im sure Cedar park will try to get some hats on him

corycone33
09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
before i start venting,congratulations on the win cedar park. That was the worse performance out of a temple team i have seen in along time. Very undisciplined and awful coaching, no creativity out of the wing t. I was really expecting great things this yr. Very dissapointing:(. I don't see things getting better

chop44
09-05-2008, 11:18 PM
I saw the first half and was very impressed with CP. Cory, hang in there as this was Temple's first game. Lache had a highlight run in the first half. I predict CP beats Lake Travis badly in a couple of weeks. Temple is missing their starting QB after he is ruled ineligible after transferring from Rodgers. He can play in Oct. What a crock. Congrats CP very impressed with overall team and leadership of players. I see you guys going deep this year and your young. I predict Temple beats Leander.

d-train
09-05-2008, 11:27 PM
I saw the first half and was very impressed with CP. Cory, hang in there as this was Temple's first game. Lache had a highlight run in the first half. I predict CP beats Lake Travis badly in a couple of weeks. Temple is missing their starting QB after he is ruled ineligible after transferring from Rodgers. He can play in Oct. What a crock. Congrats CP very impressed with overall team and leadership of players. I see you guys going deep this year and your young. I predict Temple beats Leander.
What, beat Lake Travis? Austin is only city where the paper actually hypes 4A schools above 5A teams. In Dallas no one is gonna say HP could take out SLC, Trinity, Cedar Hill or Plano, but the AAS folks will. Lake Travis should go down hard vs CP.

velocio
09-05-2008, 11:27 PM

<DT class=hwrd>Main Entry: <DD class=hwrd><SUP>1</SUP>guar·an·tee [/URL] </DD><DT class=func>Function: <DD class=func>noun </DD><DT class=ety>Etymology: <DD class=ety>probably alteration of <SUP>1</SUP>guaranty </DD><DT class=date>Date: <DD class=date>1680 </DD>1: [URL="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/guarantor"]guarantor (javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?guaran02.wav=guarantee'))2: guaranty (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/guaranty) 13: an assurance for the fulfillment of a condition: as a: an agreement by which one person undertakes to secure another in the possession or enjoyment of something b: an assurance of the quality of or of the length of use to be expected from a product offered for sale often with a promise of reimbursement 4: guaranty (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/guaranty) 4

scoreboard! :eek:

d-train
09-05-2008, 11:29 PM
ya,ok whatever you say. I wish lache would be in the I with a bigfullback in front of him, he would really dominate and he would get 25-30 caries a game instead of 8-15 in the wing -t. He would average 200yrds a game. I think he is in the wrong offense. There are alot of runningbacks that are smaller than lache that are every down backs. bAKER from trinity comes to mind from last year. That argument is lame. He will do just fine in college. He is still growing. He is 5'11 184 right now. Ya if your a smart coach you would put lache at wide receiver, runningback in the slot. Where ever he choses to go he should be used like mcguffie.
Line hime up in the I-formation and run sprint draw, picthes, isos, power and counters, and zone reads from the spread and he might get 2K. Kids at Liberty Hill get 2000 yards and they don't even get scholarshiips. He is bigger than Devin Thomas and Wright from SA and they were rushing for 400 yards and 3000 yards seasons.

corycone33
09-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Line hime up in the I-formation and run sprint draw, picthes, isos, power and counters, and zone reads from the spread and he might get 2K. Kids at Liberty Hill get 2000 yards and they don't even get scholarshiips. He is bigger than Devin Thomas and Wright from SA and they were rushing for 400 yards and 3000 yards seasons.
well, we are going to have to be alot more creative in the wing t than we were tonight if we expect any kind of success at all

twolf5
09-06-2008, 11:53 AM
What, beat Lake Travis? Austin is only city where the paper actually hypes 4A schools above 5A teams. In Dallas no one is gonna say HP could take out SLC, Trinity, Cedar Hill or Plano, but the AAS folks will. Lake Travis should go down hard vs CP.

honestly we are about the same. Lake travis is very good with great coaches. We are rediculously beat up already as a team. We will play hard but no way should people think we will blow out lake t.

bowiedawgs01
09-06-2008, 11:59 AM
You always talk about coaching. HP has arguably the best coaching in DFW.

EastSIDE
09-09-2008, 07:39 AM

Why do people have to compare their kids, both are good, both are different, and a forty time and .50 cents might get you a cup of coffee if you are not a winner and a leader :cool:

CCParent
09-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Why do people have to compare their kids, both are good, both are different, and a forty time and .50 cents might get you a cup of coffee if you are not a winner and a leader :cool:
Let me know where to get that 50 cent coffee. If McKnight is not 100%, then Lake Travis might win.

corycone33
09-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Let me know where to get that 50 cent coffee. If McKnight is not 100%, then Lake Travis might win.
That is the truth. Mcknight is their offense.If he is not in there lake travis by alot. Cedar park only gained 54 yards in the 2nd half without him.

twolf5
09-09-2008, 02:29 PM
That is the truth. Mcknight is their offense.If he is not in there lake travis by alot. Cedar park only gained 54 yards in the 2nd half without him.

Technically true, but not the whole story. You have to know our coaching staff's approach with a big lead. It changes. They really don't care if they win by 4 TD's or 8 points with the other team scoring with 30 seconds to go.

d-train
09-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Technically true, but not the whole story. You have to know our coaching staff's approach with a bid lead. It changes. They really don't care if they win by 4 TD's or 8 points with the other team scoring with 30 seconds to go.
They better keep putting up points vs LT and ply some defense by getting to Gilbert.

cggm
09-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Results are in......Cedar Park wins the game......Lache....Lache....Lache....He was impressive, but one man can't win the game.

corycone33
09-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Results are in......Cedar Park wins the game......Lache....Lache....Lache....He was impressive, but one man can't win the game.
very true statement. The runningbacks get all the credit but it is all about the O-LINE. Lache needs the line to block to be succesful Temple's line is not very good this yr. He will definetley earn his yards this yr. Our line was awesome last yr.He didn't have to work as hard.

Centex254
09-09-2008, 07:11 PM
before i start venting,congratulations on the win cedar park. That was the worse performance out of a temple team i have seen in along time. Very undisciplined and awful coaching, no creativity out of the wing t. I was really expecting great things this yr. Very dissapointing:(. I don't see things getting better

As a fellow Wildcat fan, I too am disappointed with the performance to date. But please have some faith, for many of those boys it was their first time under the lights. Dont give up on this team so quickly.

corycone33
09-09-2008, 09:38 PM
As a fellow Wildcat fan, I too am disappointed with the performance to date. But please have some faith, for many of those boys it was their first time under the lights. Dont give up on this team so quickly.
i am not giving up on them. I haven't missed a game in 8yrs. There has some pretty bad teams in those times.This team can be very good but hasn't looked good since the first scrimmage.I am not going to sugar coat things like the good ol boys in the QB club. I have some real concerns for this team.The coaches have to do a better job at putting the players in the right positions. I can't close my eyes like some and say everything is ok.

EastSIDE
09-10-2008, 07:04 PM
very true statement. The runningbacks get all the credit but it is all about the O-LINE. Lache needs the line to block to be succesful Temple's line is not very good this yr. He will definetley earn his yards this yr. Our line was awesome last yr.He didn't have to work as hard.

He is a known comodity now. People will gear it up for him; he will have to earn his yards and stay positive with his teammates

Centex254
09-11-2008, 02:38 PM
i am not giving up on them. I haven't missed a game in 8yrs. There has some pretty bad teams in those times.This team can be very good but hasn't looked good since the first scrimmage.I am not going to sugar coat things like the good ol boys in the QB club. I have some real concerns for this team.The coaches have to do a better job at putting the players in the right positions. I can't close my eyes like some and say everything is ok.

Thats great that you havent missed a game in 8 years and you dont have to sugar coat things. Call it like it is. But your comments come across like you have given up on this team, its too early in the season to say you dont see it getting better. My expectations remain high that this team, coaches included, will pull it together and make a deep run into the playoffs. I hope yours are the same but wouldnt know it by your comments.

velocio
09-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Beat Leander and you'll both be singing Charlie Pride's "Happiest song on the jukebox" :D

corycone33
09-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Thats great that you havent missed a game in 8 years and you dont have to sugar coat things. Call it like it is. But your comments come across like you have given up on this team, its too early in the season to say you dont see it getting better. My expectations remain high that this team, coaches included, will pull it together and make a deep run into the playoffs. I hope yours are the same but wouldnt know it by your comments.
As a fellow wildcat, i apologize. I was frustrsted. I am still frustrated from what i have seen. I will try to keep my comments on a more positive level, because i do support the cats. I always will.I guess i am to passionate sometime about wildcat football and expect to much like the old days

Centex254
09-11-2008, 07:32 PM
As a fellow wildcat, i apologize. I was frustrsted. I am still frustrated from what i have seen. I will try to keep my comments on a more positive level, because i do support the cats. I always will.I guess i am to passionate sometime about wildcat football and expect to much like the old days

Glad to see that your are passionate about Wildcat football. Thank you for understanding my comments and I hope the Wildcats give us something to be excited about in the coming weeks.