PDA

View Full Version : Timberview vs Buford,Ga ??

Texasfrog
08-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Any updates or info.

Texasfrog
08-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Is this game being played right now ??

hollywood
08-30-2008, 11:34 AM
It is scheduled (http://www.herbstreitfootballseries.com/schedule_texas.html)for now

Texasfrog
08-30-2008, 11:37 AM
It is scheduled (http://www.herbstreitfootballseries.com/schedule_texas.html)for now

Thanks..;)

hollywood
08-30-2008, 11:40 AM
I was hoping to find it on TV. CHILL is on VS at 2pm.
I see a replay of Permian vs Duncanville on FSSW.

But not this game. At least live.

Texasfrog
08-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Halftime:

Buford, Ga- 28
Timberview- 14

TheBigPeach
08-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Buford ftw :D

2A GA school vs. 5A Texas School

GO WOLVES!

PCW Cats
08-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Timberview has moved down to 4a.

The score is now 28-21 in the forth. By the way rivals have Buford at #76 in the nation and Timberview maybe 76th best in Texas.

TheBigPeach
08-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Timberview has moved down to 4a.

The score is now 28-21 in the forth. By the way rivals have Buford at #76 in the nation and Timberview maybe 76th best in Texas.

Anywhere I can listen to the game? Thanks for the correction

PCW Cats
08-30-2008, 01:25 PM
The Dallas Morning News has reporters that are blogging the results from the game. Buford just scored on a 75 yard run. 35-21

TheBigPeach
08-30-2008, 01:26 PM
The Dallas Morning News has reporters that are blogging the results from the game. Buford just scored on a 75 yard run. 35-21

Thanks for the updates, keep em coming:ninja:

PCW Cats
08-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Not sure how they scored, but it is now 42-21. Buford has represented Georgia well.

Texasfrog
08-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Buford ftw :D

2A GA school vs. 5A Texas School

GO WOLVES!

BigPeach,

Take the 2A away from the front of Buford ok. They are regarded as one of the best teams in the entire State of Georgia so dont mislead and try to say it's so ole little Georgia 2A blah blah team beating a Texas big school stuff.

Please.;)

Buford is going to roll over just about everyone they play against in Georgia and that's with taking the starters out in the 3rd Qt.;)

TheBigPeach
08-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Not sure how they scored, but it is now 42-21. Buford has represented Georgia well.

I agree, I wish North Gwinnet would of last night. They were playing Byrnes, South Carolina

Lost 36-21

http://www.ajc.com/highschool/content/sports/highschool/stories/2008/08/30/north_gwinnett_byrnes.html

TheBigPeach
08-30-2008, 01:39 PM
BigPeach,

Take the 2A away from the front of Buford ok. They are regarded as one of the best teams in the entire State of Georgia so dont mislead and try to say it's so ole little Georgia 2A blah blah team beating a Texas big school stuff.

Please.;)

Buford is going to roll over just about everyone they play against in Georgia and that's with taking the starters out in the 3rd Qt.;)

They wouldn't roll over everyone.

Lowndes County would give them a heck of a game and Warner Robins would also. Heck After Lowndes won 63-0 last night, idk if anyone can beat Lowndes. And North Gwinnet would probably give them a heck of a game also.

P.S: I'll stop the 2A stuff:p

ZFishInMason
08-30-2008, 02:12 PM
BigPeach,

Please.;)

Yeah Peach... you're touting a wolf in sheeps clothing there... only Frog is allowed to do that when he's mocking another state's big school representative when "mere DIII" Texas school (e.g. Glimer) lays the wood to them. Understand?

ThEgReAtOnE
08-30-2008, 04:43 PM

Lowndes County would give them a heck of a game and Warner Robins would also. Heck After Lowndes won 63-0 last night, idk if anyone can beat Lowndes. And North Gwinnet would probably give them a heck of a game also.

Even the coaches poll, in Georgia, understand the ranking of Buford as being the #1 team in Georgia...

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=212717

... I'm pretty knowledgeable about THSFB, but I couldn't tell you much about Mansfield Timberview. I've heard from quite a few resources that Timberview probably wouldn't be ranked in the Top 150 in Texas... if you added 4A, 3A and 2A to the mix. What would be the teams that I'd rank ahead of Timberview? Here's a few..

Plano
Euless Trinity
North Shore
Odessa Permian
Spring Westfield
RR Stony Point
Allen
Tyler Lee
Lufkin
Garland
Katy
SA Warren
Abilene
Ike
Pearland
Houston Lamar
Cy Ridge
Humble
Smithson Valley
Deer Park
Mesquite
Lufkin
Beaumont Westbrook
SA Roosevelt
FB Hightower
Cy Falls
Dickinson
Skyline
Pflugerville
Cedar Hill
SA Southwest
Lewisville Hebron
Wylie
Cinco Ranch
Plano East
SLC
Garland Rowlett
Garland Naaman Forest
Flower Mound Marcus
Lewisville
Cedar Park
Austin Bowie
Wichita Falls Rider
Austin Westlake
Converse Judson
Dayton (4A)
Abilene Cooper (4A)
Waco (4A)
Leander (4A)
Waller (4A)
La Marque (4A)
Lamar Consolidated (4A)
Austin Lake Travis (4A)
Everman (4A)
Alamo Heights (4A)
Highland Park (4A)
Dallas Carter (4A)
Texas City (4A)
Longview (4A)
Celina (3A)
Navasota (3A)
Liberty Hill (3A)
China Spring (3A)
Gilmer (3A)
Cisco (2A)
Hitchcock (2A)

.. again, that's just a few teams I'd rank ahead of Timberview. Not knocking Buford... but over the past few years I've heard more about that little "2A Georgia team" (Buford) than Timberview.

Texasfrog
08-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah Peach... you're touting a wolf in sheeps clothing there... only Frog is allowed to do that when he's mocking another state's big school representative when "mere DIII" Texas school (e.g. Glimer) lays the wood to them. Understand?

Not when that 2A school (Buford, Ga) is regarded as one of the top 5 or so teams in that given State (Georgia).

Gilmer,Tx (which is a 3A) has never been regarded by anyone in Texas as anywhere near a top 5A or 4A there MR.Ohio.

You need to learn a little about Texas HS football before you spout something. Howland and the mighty LaSalle (from the GREAT GCL League) have learned some stuff about Texas HS football today.;)

Again, Buford is regarded as one of the top 5 or so teams from Georgia. Mansfield Timberview probably isnt even the best team in the 4A District of 7 or so teams much less one of the top 15 or so Texas 4A's. I wont even go into Texas 5A's ok.:rolleyes:

Hell, I would much rather seen Buford, Ga vs Cedar Hill, Tx then that High School JV team from Ohio (LaSalle) that is getting the :Censor: pounded out of it by Cedar Hill.

Texasfrog
08-30-2008, 04:55 PM

Big Peach,

Go read what I said more carefully. I said Buford, Ga (that little ole 2a team) is regarded as one of the best in Georgia regardless of class size.

And "YES" and believe they will "ROLL" everyone they "PLAY AGAINST."

Is there a few teams in Georgia that can probably play with them from the bigger Georgia classes ?? "YES."

I dont think anyone in the Georgia 2A's classes will even stay on the field with them.

TheBigPeach
08-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Big Peach,

Go read what I said more carefully. I said Buford, Ga (that little ole 2a team) is regarded as one of the best in Georgia regardless of class size.

And "YES" and believe they will "ROLL" everyone they "PLAY AGAINST."

Is there a few teams in Georgia that can probably play with them from the bigger Georgia classes ?? "YES."

I dont think anyone in the Georgia 2A's classes will even stay on the field with them.

My bad, I apologize. And your spot on, nobody in 2A will stay on the field with them. They even demolished the team they played in the state championship last year. Never been so happy to be going to a 3A school!

businesstron
08-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Timberview wasn't that horrible they just made a whole bunch of mistakes. They couldn't tackle for crap. I think Buford would do decent against just about anyone in the country. They looked like a decent team....

jesse
08-31-2008, 11:34 AM

Lowndes and Northside would be far more than Buford could handle. Camden and Coffee and Tift are also way out of Bufords league.Attrition would take a massive toll for a Buford sized school playing in AAAAA.

jesse
08-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Even the coaches poll, in Georgia, understand the ranking of Buford as being the #1 team in Georgia...

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=212717

... I'm pretty knowledgeable about THSFB, but I couldn't tell you much about Mansfield Timberview. I've heard from quite a few resources that Timberview probably wouldn't be ranked in the Top 150 in Texas... if you added 4A, 3A and 2A to the mix. What would be the teams that I'd rank ahead of Timberview? Here's a few..

Plano
Euless Trinity
North Shore
Odessa Permian
Spring Westfield
RR Stony Point
Allen
Tyler Lee
Lufkin
Garland
Katy
SA Warren
Abilene
Ike
Pearland
Houston Lamar
Cy Ridge
Humble
Smithson Valley
Deer Park
Mesquite
Lufkin
Beaumont Westbrook
SA Roosevelt
FB Hightower
Cy Falls
Dickinson
Skyline
Pflugerville
Cedar Hill
SA Southwest
Lewisville Hebron
Wylie
Cinco Ranch
Plano East
SLC
Garland Rowlett
Garland Naaman Forest
Flower Mound Marcus
Lewisville
Cedar Park
Austin Bowie
Wichita Falls Rider
Austin Westlake
Converse Judson
Dayton (4A)
Abilene Cooper (4A)
Waco (4A)
Leander (4A)
Waller (4A)
La Marque (4A)
Lamar Consolidated (4A)
Austin Lake Travis (4A)
Everman (4A)
Alamo Heights (4A)
Highland Park (4A)
Dallas Carter (4A)
Texas City (4A)
Longview (4A)
Celina (3A)
Navasota (3A)
Liberty Hill (3A)
China Spring (3A)
Gilmer (3A)
Cisco (2A)
Hitchcock (2A)

.. again, that's just a few teams I'd rank ahead of Timberview. Not knocking Buford... but over the past few years I've heard more about that little "2A Georgia team" (Buford) than Timberview.

Any poll that has Buford rated overall #1 in Georgia originated in Gwinnett county. But even the poll you linked only has Buford top-rated in AA. Nobody with even a fleeting knowledge of Georgia football believes Buford could stay with Lowndes or Northside-Warner Robins, or most of the better AAAAA and AAAA teams south of the gnat line.

jesse
08-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Ever heard of Charlton County??? Last year when Buford was MUCH better than this years edition, Charlton outplayed the Wolves in spite of their best offensive weapon injured and unable to play!http://www.ghsfha.org/showgamesgo.php?GOPPONENTID=Buford&gTeamID=Charlton%20County

jesse
08-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Timberview wasn't that horrible they just made a whole bunch of mistakes. They couldn't tackle for crap. I think Buford would do decent against just about anyone in the country. They looked like a decent team....

Buford is a solid team but they do not intimidate AAAAA and AAAA programs in Georgia who approach football the right way anymore than Celina scares the cream of Texas AAAAA programs.

farmerfan
08-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Peach
Dont let what Kermit says you stick with you.
He is a the biggest homer and proven to be the poorest loser this board has ever seen.
He constantly takes shots at school from other states and will never give them any type of credit.
He makes bold predictions and when he is proven wrong, he runs and hides for months and then comes back to the board and will take more shots at those teams without admitting how he was wrong and will never give those teams any credit.
The fact thatBuford who has less than half the students that Timberview does and traveled 1000 miles to come play a game and demolished them like they did is impressive in my mind.
Put Buford in class 3A here and they would do the samne thing. Celina and Lberty Hill would struggle grealy against Buford.

farmerfan
08-31-2008, 12:48 PM
Buford is a solid team but they do not intimidate AAAAA and AAAA programs in Georgia who approach football the right way anymore than Celina scares the cream of Texas AAAAA programs.

I have as much respect for Celina as anybody on this board. They have been the most impressive program in Texas over the last 13 years, but put them on the field with Buford and the Bobcats would most likely get run off the field.
There is not much difference in the size of the two schools and the participants in the programs. Of course I am sure we will now here how Buford recruits and how the UIL in Texas is so strict and would never let that happen :cool:;)

jesse
08-31-2008, 02:13 PM
I have as much respect for Celina as anybody on this board. They have been the most impressive program in Texas over the last 13 years, but put them on the field with Buford and the Bobcats would most likely get run off the field.
There is not much difference in the size of the two schools and the participants in the programs. Of course I am sure we will now here how Buford recruits and how the UIL in Texas is so strict and would never let that happen :cool:;)

Buford doesn't recruit, they gather:D.Success has a way of attracting talent. As you can probably tell I am not a Buford fan and it goes back along way. A certain player who flunked out of UGA in the mid 80's, got us in trouble, only to reappear at that manual arts and trades school in Atlanta, you know the one, where pretty girls are visitors:D. That was the begining of my disaffection for Bewford. At the time the Buford area was poorer than cat dung. Yankee castoffs(ex New Yorkers mainly not "you guys" from the Midwest) hadn't destroyed Atlanta yet, and South Georgia was still the shining light of football.

Farmer I do know that GHSA has scrutinized Bewford and the workings of their program. At this time no proof of any subterfuge on Bewfords behalf has been unveiled. But we are watching. Fact is they have been good for many years and now are reaping the benefits of suburban sprawl, and very good coaching.

When looking into Celina awhile back I read an article in one of the major papers where certain folks were concerned at the plethora of talent strolling into the Bobcat lair year after year. And how unusual it was for a AAA school to continue year after year to sustain such sucess. As I read the article i couldn't help but notice the similarity between Bewford and Celina. Their enemies sounded alike in the gripes. Kinda wondered why the organizers of the event didn't look into pairing them up. Would have been too logical maybe.

Hitman49
08-31-2008, 05:00 PM
I was at the game. Buford was good hard nosed football team. I would love to see them play Celina, Gilmer, Liberty Hill type small school. The game was actually closer then the score.

a short punt returned for TD and on the very next Timberview series they throw int that is taken back inside the five. Late in the game after another Int Buford got the ball on the Timberview 20 yard line and scored.

Timberview was weak between the tackles against basic run plays.

Honestly, they are a nice team but not worth of National rankings.

The first team that can play better run defense against them could beat them.

jesse
08-31-2008, 05:42 PM
I was at the game. Buford was good hard nosed football team. I would love to see them play Celina, Gilmer, Liberty Hill type small school. The game was actually closer then the score.

a short punt returned for TD and on the very next Timberview series they throw int that is taken back inside the five. Late in the game after another Int Buford got the ball on the Timberview 20 yard line and scored.

Timberview was weak between the tackles against basic run plays.

Honestly, they are a nice team but not worth of National rankings.

The first team that can play better run defense against them could beat them.

And that team probably won't be a public school with an enrollment under 800 kids. At least not this year.Although their encounters with Charlton , are usually a showcase of future SEC and ACC contributors.Charlton can run with them and is probably meaner. Buford hasn't been tying up the phone lines of any of our premier AAAAA or AAAA programs. Buford is without doubt a small school who plays big. And plays defense. Spread offenses are having a tough time taking the gravy here because Georgia produces a truckload of stud defensive players. Beating Buford will require an effective running game.If you have to throw it 35 or 40 times it will be open season on the qb. AAAAA and AAAA teams have the athletes and/or enough quality depth to wear them down. Last year Buford could put 22 on the field that were better than most schools could. Particularly AA schools in Georgia. But playing a Lowndes ,Camden, Thomasville Central, Tift, Valdosta, Cairo,Coffee even last year would have been a long night for the Wolves.South Georgia plays with a higherlevel of agression and intensity than metro Atlanta. It ain't a hobby or a Friday night diversion in wiregrass country. In the Atlants area, Tucker, Grayson, Walton, North Gwinnett,and maybe St. Pius would all be a tough row to hoe for Buford and alot of other folks as well. In fairness to Bufords fans, with the exception of a student or 2, their fans are not dumb enough to mosey over to the AAAAA board and beat their chests. They know they support a good team but most know that in reality they would be lucky to go 3-7 in 1AAAAA.

jesse
08-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Not when that 2A school (Buford, Ga) is regarded as one of the top 5 or so teams in that given State (Georgia).

Gilmer,Tx (which is a 3A) has never been regarded by anyone in Texas as anywhere near a top 5A or 4A there MR.Ohio.

You need to learn a little about Texas HS football before you spout something. Howland and the mighty LaSalle (from the GREAT GCL League) have learned some stuff about Texas HS football today.;)

Again, Buford is regarded as one of the top 5 or so teams from Georgia. Mansfield Timberview probably isnt even the best team in the 4A District of 7 or so teams much less one of the top 15 or so Texas 4A's. I wont even go into Texas 5A's ok.:rolleyes:

Hell, I would much rather seen Buford, Ga vs Cedar Hill, Tx then that High School JV team from Ohio (LaSalle) that is getting the :Censor: pounded out of it by Cedar Hill.

Cedar Hill would have been way too much of a load for Buford to handle. Though Buford would have punched back harder than LaSalle, you can bet your bottom dollar on that one

jesse
08-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Hey Peach did you see what Tift did to Roswell? 525 yds, 35 points, and a lot of pain:D. I believe South Georgia is much stronger than in recent years. Some positive coaching changes are starting to reap results.Houstan County is the weak sister of the bunch.Without that school being built and it was opposed, Warner Robins and Northside would each have an ADM of around 3400.Warner Robins could have as many as 10 Div 1 prospects next year.Stacked at every position on the field.Valdosta is knocking the rust off and could run a little bit come playoff time. Tomberlin is getting it going. Lowndes is in the way and has 3000 students vs Valdosta's 1900. And ain't giving up the throne without a fight.

TheBigPeach
08-31-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey Peach did you see what Tift did to Roswell? 525 yds, 35 points, and a lot of pain:D. I believe South Georgia is much stronger than in recent years. Some positive coaching changes are starting to reap results.Houstan County is the weak sister of the bunch.Without that school being built and it was opposed, Warner Robins and Northside would each have an ADM of around 3400.Warner Robins could have as many as 10 Div 1 prospects next year.Stacked at every position on the field.Valdosta is knocking the rust off and could run a little bit come playoff time. Tomberlin is getting it going. Lowndes is in the way and has 3000 students vs Valdosta's 1900. And ain't giving up the throne without a fight.

Yea man, Roswell is going down. South GA is coming back up. Cairo, Lowndes, Camben, Valdasta, Warner Robins (northside). Watch out, its gonna be a good year for the South