PDA

View Full Version : North Shore vs Ike (Week 1)

Squirrel88
08-30-2008, 09:28 AM
I will be out of the country for this game, depending on what Hurricaine Gustav does.

Any thoughs or predictions for this game?

Texasfrog
08-30-2008, 09:32 AM
North Shore will probably destroy IKE.

I went to the Hightower vs Ike game last night. Ike sure does have a lot of elite (D-1A) athletes but Hightower out played them up and down the field for most of the night. If it wasnt for a couple of stupid turnovers by Hightower that game would of been a blowout in the 40-14 range.

I see this game being a blowout. If Shore comes too play it will be over.

The only pass IKE attempts 95% of the time is fade patterns 40 yards down the field to either Timmons (Texas) or Reynolds (OU).

dada
08-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Looks like the same old Ike......all the talent in the world, but no team play......NS by atleast 2 touchdowns.

Texasfrog
08-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Looks like the same old Ike......all the talent in the world, but no team play......NS by atleast 2 touchdowns.

Man, in the pregame when you looked at both teams warming up. It looked like the Univ-Texas (Aldine Ike) vs some little High school team. I thought, man this might get ugly before halftime.

But, when they lined up it was 75% HIghtower controlling every phase of the game.

I'll also add this. With about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter Hightower scored a td to take a 28-14 lead. It was at that point that most of IKE's team "GAVE UP" because the kids were walking around with their heads down and "NO ENERGY" or anything. I'm talking from their elite blue-chip (Loston) to the bench warmer. It was sad. I wanted to yell down to those kids that they were only down by 14 pts and there was still 16 minutes left in the :Censor: game.

W Dawg
08-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Eisenhower has great individual talent but no heart. They quit against North Shore last year. If NS gets up early again, the Eagles will lay down again.

Redhoss
08-30-2008, 10:55 AM
This game is over before it starts.

Shore is 2-0 after this next weekend. :D

Favpack
08-30-2008, 10:59 AM
KT sure thinks IKE is turning it around - pretty lofty ranking for the Eagles.

ScottS
08-30-2008, 11:14 AM
NS big.

KT2000
08-30-2008, 11:15 AM
KT sure thinks IKE is turning it around - pretty lofty ranking for the Eagles.

By the end of last year, it looked like they'd turned a corner. They were playing very well. I'm just glad we had the sense to put Hightower in the rankings (in front of Ike one spot). Hightower has a talented team this year, and should not be taken lightly by anyone.

dada
08-30-2008, 11:18 AM
By the end of last year, it looked like they'd turned a corner. They were playing very well. I'm just glad we had the sense to put Hightower in the rankings (in front of Ike one spot). Hightower has a talented team this year, and should not be taken lightly by anyone.

And I was one of the few who thought you were crazy for ranking hightower over Ike....:D

Redhoss
08-30-2008, 11:21 AM
I had Hightower all the way. :D

At least I get a few right now and then. :rolleyes:

AE 8008
08-30-2008, 11:25 AM
ill take ns

Texasfrog
08-30-2008, 11:33 AM

Hightower:

Qb-AJ Highsmith - Very solid athletic QB.
WR- Lydell Williams- D-1A WR (IMO).

DB- Colton Vaencia- D-1A (IMO)
FS- Dele Jenaid - D-1A (IMO) played better then Loston in this game.

DE- Joshua Wesley - Big tall rangy DE coming off the edge. Looked like a D-1A prospect (IMO).

HUM398
08-31-2008, 04:34 PM

Id like Humble to have a rematch with Hightower, but its impossible...

oh well... If we continue to improve on what we have, we could be a deep threat in the Division II playoffs... But i won't have a good grasp on Humble until the 2nd or 3rd district game.

eagleswoop#1
08-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Man, in the pregame when you looked at both teams warming up. It looked like the Univ-Texas (Aldine Ike) vs some little High school team. I thought, man this might get ugly before halftime.

But, when they lined up it was 75% HIghtower controlling every phase of the game.

I'll also add this. With about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter Hightower scored a td to take a 28-14 lead. It was at that point that most of IKE's team "GAVE UP" because the kids were walking around with their heads down and "NO ENERGY" or anything. I'm talking from their elite blue-chip (Loston) to the bench warmer. It was sad. I wanted to yell down to those kids that they were only down by 14 pts and there was still 16 minutes left in the :Censor: game.

I hate to say, but I was right. This wouldn't be happening if Phipps was still the head coach. Way to go Evans. Keep up the good work.

Football Fan
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
To begin with, I believe the Hightower vs. Ike was a classic 1st game of the season! 2 well balanced & matched teams. Yes, Hightower did win BUT to say Ike gave up and had no heart is not justified. If you look at the game, both teams made mistakes, but Ike's mistakes cost them more than Hightower's. Hightower got 3 TD's directly off Ike turnovers (fumble on the 2 yard line, interception for a TD and a non-punt that gave Hightower the ball @ the eagle 12 yardline.) You can't make those kind of mistakes against a good football team like Hightower. Yes Hightower made mistakes but they didn't hurt them like the ones Ike committed.
It's not like Ike got beat by a FB Mashalle or such, they got beat by a good, well coached team.
Now! Eagleswoop1, you know that your remarks about Phipps & Evans were made because you wish you still coached at Eisenhower. It's a shame that an "Eagle for Life" has to take cheap shots at Evans and his staff. Instead of posting cheap shot's @ Ike maybe you should be worrying about how you were going to beat Lamar this week!!! Swoop Swoop

HUM398
09-02-2008, 09:47 PM
To begin with, I believe the Hightower vs. Ike was a classic 1st game of the season! 2 well balanced & matched teams. Yes, Hightower did win BUT to say Ike gave up and had no heart is not justified. If you look at the game, both teams made mistakes, but Ike's mistakes cost them more than Hightower's. Hightower got 3 TD's directly off Ike turnovers (fumble on the 2 yard line, interception for a TD and a non-punt that gave Hightower the ball @ the eagle 12 yardline.) You can't make those kind of mistakes against a good football team like Hightower. Yes Hightower made mistakes but they didn't hurt them like the ones Ike committed.
It's not like Ike got beat by a FB Mashalle or such, they got beat by a good, well coached team.
Now! Eagleswoop1, you know that your remarks about Phipps & Evans were made because you wish you still coached at Eisenhower. It's a shame that an "Eagle for Life" has to take cheap shots at Evans and his staff. Instead of posting cheap shot's @ Ike maybe you should be worrying about how you were going to beat Lamar this week!!! Swoop Swoop

I like IKE, always have.... But from the clips i saw, and the people i talked to...they just didn't bring it. a couple of people said that if Hightower had limited their mistakes it would of been a 40-14 or a 40-7 beating.... I don't know what happened to IKE this past weak, but a team with that much talent...should not be playing like that. They are better, and i know they will do better.

Football Fan
09-02-2008, 10:34 PM
1 game does not make a season! 2007 Ike loses first 3 games and then proceedes to win 8 in a row! Ike has a tough non-district schedule (Hightower, Northshore, Elsik and Westbrook). These games will only make them better and more prepared for the play-offs.

eagleswoop#1
09-03-2008, 01:30 AM

Don't worry we'll be just fine. You have no idea how deep my eagle roots lie (and it's more than just coaching there). Apparently you don't know me very well. I would love for them to be successful, but heck we were both at the game and the scrimmage. It's not my fault that I look at things objectively. Maybe you should to. You know that's how I roll. By the way, you misspelled Marshall, Thurgood Marshall that is.

eagleswoop#1
09-03-2008, 01:32 AM
I like IKE, always have.... But from the clips i saw, and the people i talked to...they just didn't bring it. a couple of people said that if Hightower had limited their mistakes it would of been a 40-14 or a 40-7 beating.... I don't know what happened to IKE this past weak, but a team with that much talent...should not be playing like that. They are better, and i know they will do better.

You might be hearing that a lot this season. They should run the table this season.

nsmustang
09-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Never underestimate your opponent. IKe lost last week and will be ready for NS and, NS will be ready for Ike. I predicted this to be Shore's most physical game of the regular season.

2smooth07
09-03-2008, 08:37 AM
I need to get a gauge on the NS-Katy game...by the looks of it katy held their own but NS was too much down the stretch...Must have been a blood bath...I expect NS to beat Ike this week...It will be a close game but NS will pull this one out...I am dissapointed in IKE...As a coach you pray you are givin just 1 or 2 of these types that Ike has...they got a squad of em and come out the gate slow...yeah they won 8 straight last year but what is ONE ROUND DEEP in the playoffs when you used to go to state championships...dont be satisfied with yeah we won a bi-district playoff game fellas...Katy and NS fans holla at me and let me know the real story about that game last week...

nsmustang
09-03-2008, 10:59 AM
I need to get a gauge on the NS-Katy game...by the looks of it katy held their own but NS was too much down the stretch...Must have been a blood bath...I expect NS to beat Ike this week...It will be a close game but NS will pull this one out...I am dissapointed in IKE...As a coach you pray you are givin just 1 or 2 of these types that Ike has...they got a squad of em and come out the gate slow...yeah they won 8 straight last year but what is ONE ROUND DEEP in the playoffs when you used to go to state championships...dont be satisfied with yeah we won a bi-district playoff game fellas...Katy and NS fans holla at me and let me know the real story about that game last week...

Two well matched teams with exceptional defenses as the score depicted. Could've gone either way. I believe NS will have their offense settled down this game and play a full game instead of a half. The QB looked confused in the first half against Katy and I would like to think he will be more solid as the season goes on. Katy will be a strong team as they always are. They have a rock solid defense and when their QB has more time under his belt they will be threat to anyone. Won't make the mistake to think Ike will be a pushover for NS. This will be another good one for Shore.

2smooth07
09-03-2008, 11:02 AM
You can never take it easy when you got that much talent that Ike has...Think i might have to make it to Thorne this friday

Football Fan
09-03-2008, 10:27 PM
"eagleswoop#1", thanks for the private message. It really means alot to get your insight. You sound like a coach who has been around for a while???( What 4 years!!!) Anyway, your ability to critique the Eisenhower game/coaches/players after only 1 game (vs. one of the top teams in the region) is amazing. To say that Ike's offensive and defensive lines are sub-par and that Ike coaches got out coached is very insightful! And just for the record, Ike didn't go for a 4th down on their 10 yd line, they lined up for a punt and the punter wasn't able to get the punt away and was tackled on the 12! And for a coach with only 4 whole years experience to say that the Ike coaches need to or didn't read "football for dummies"? I will let your experience back that statement up? Good luck this weekend, I'm sure we will all be ready to critique your coaching job on Monday! have a good weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

eagleswoop#1
09-03-2008, 11:10 PM
"eagleswoop#1", thanks for the private message. It really means alot to get your insight. You sound like a coach who has been around for a while???( What 4 years!!!) Anyway, your ability to critique the Eisenhower game/coaches/players after only 1 game (vs. one of the top teams in the region) is amazing. To say that Ike's offensive and defensive lines are sub-par and that Ike coaches got out coached is very insightful! And just for the record, Ike didn't go for a 4th down on their 10 yd line, they lined up for a punt and the punter wasn't able to get the punt away and was tackled on the 12! And for a coach with only 4 whole years experience to say that the Ike coaches need to or didn't read "football for dummies"? I will let your experience back that statement up? Good luck this weekend, I'm sure we will all be ready to critique your coaching job on Monday! have a good weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Same to you buddy. I look forward to it.

HUM398
09-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Coaching wars... wow.

anyway.

Ike has had tremendous problems with coaches under motivating players during big games since Carson left.

I still say IKE goes 2-2, and its Humble vs. IKE for the district title week 6.

eagleswoop#1
09-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Coaching wars... wow.

anyway.

Ike has had tremendous problems with coaches under motivating players during big games since Carson left.

I still say IKE goes 2-2, and its Humble vs. IKE for the district title week 6.

No I'm cool. I agree with that statement for the most part; 2-2 may be a stretch. Westbrook is a load on offense. That'll be one heck of a game in week 6. Throw out the records. We have an old-fashioned 21-5A slugfest. It used to be one of the toughest districts in the state.

HUM398
09-04-2008, 12:08 AM
No I'm cool. I agree with that statement for the most part; 2-2 may be a stretch. Westbrook is a load on offense. That'll be one heck of a game in week 6. Throw out the records. We have an old-fashioned 21-5A slugfest. It used to be one of the toughest districts in the state.

If you play Westbrook at home, and play decent defense you will beat them. trust me. if you go to the golden triangle, you better be at least 3 td's better to beat them.

This district will either go IKE or Humble...im pretty sure of that. Kingwood is the only real threat to throw a wrench in the whole thing. Their offense gets better every week, and they with a hole lot of heart against teams like Humble and IKE. all three schools have some history. Unfortunetly Aldine isn't the Aldine of the 90's...and Mac has fallen from where they once were. Atascocita may be better in coming years...but as of now.....its Humble and IKE's district to lose...

Squirrel88
09-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I am sad to say that I won't be a friday's game. I am in Rio de Janeiro at the moment. If I can get a perminate connection to the internet I may try and listne to the game. Either way I will be rooting for NS at that time! See you Paul and Tom at the Berry Center for the following game.
Choa, Sq88

eagleswoop#1
09-04-2008, 11:27 AM
If you play Westbrook at home, and play decent defense you will beat them. trust me. if you go to the golden triangle, you better be at least 3 td's better to beat them.

This district will either go IKE or Humble...im pretty sure of that. Kingwood is the only real threat to throw a wrench in the whole thing. Their offense gets better every week, and they with a hole lot of heart against teams like Humble and IKE. all three schools have some history. Unfortunetly Aldine isn't the Aldine of the 90's...and Mac has fallen from where they once were. Atascocita may be better in coming years...but as of now.....its Humble and IKE's district to lose...

I agree. Kingwood's option offense will keep any defense honest. Especially since you don't see too many teams run that type of offense anymore, so it's hard to prepare for the option in a week. But it all boils down to playing assignment football. These are the days of the spread offense.

eagleswoop#1
09-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I agree. Kingwood's option offense will keep any defense honest. Especially since you don't see too many teams run that type of offense anymore, so it's hard to prepare for the option in a week. But it all boils down to playing assignment football. These are the days of the spread offense.

I'm sorry I forgot to ask FOOTBALL FAN if I have enough experience to make this comment. :notworthy

ruffshod
09-04-2008, 08:19 PM
I am sad to say that I won't be a friday's game. I am in Rio de Janeiro at the moment. If I can get a perminate connection to the internet I may try and listne to the game. Either way I will be rooting for NS at that time! See you Paul and Tom at the Berry Center for the following game.
Choa, Sq88

I'd be in Rio this weekend too, if I could.:D:D;)