PDA

View Full Version : What's the status of 6-5A games?

slcdragonfan
08-29-2008, 10:22 PM
We know Coppell kicked butt and took names to send a message, how about everybody else?

drgnbkr
08-29-2008, 10:25 PM
We know Coppell kicked butt and took names to send a message, how about everybody else?

Flower Mound 31-8 over PESH in the 4th

slcdragonfan
08-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Flower Mound 31-8 over PESH in the 4th

That looks interesting...I thought I saw where Hebron was losing?

SLC13
08-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Marcus won big over GV 55-3........final
Hebron lost to Wylie 21-14
Lewisville is leading Grand Prairie 20-18......now final

FM now up 40-8 over PESH.......final

drgnbkr
08-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Marcus is winning big over GV 48-0
Hebron lost to Wylie 21-14
Lewisville is leading Grand Prairie 20-18 in 4th

What were we saying about pre-season rankings?:rolleyes:

SLC13
08-29-2008, 11:06 PM
It's late, but if my math is right 6-5A is 4-1 so far in week 0; with a chance to go 5-1 if the Dragon's hold up their end of the bargain tomorrow........

Plano Wildcat Fan
08-29-2008, 11:16 PM
What happened to Hebron? Up 14-0 at half at home. Don't tell me the very average QB Monk at Wylie grew up tonight and made some plays.

That is a very bad loss for Hebron blowing a 2 TD lead at home. I am very shocked.:eek:

On the other hand, that gives all kinds of confidence to Wylie. Watch out for those pirates. IMOB might make some noise in 8-5A.

FarmerFootballPlayer
08-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Marcus, Flower Mound, and Coppell all rolled over decent opponents in Grapevine, Plano East, and South Garland respectively. Lewisville squeaks out a close one against an opponent we should have beaten by at least two TD's. Little scary to have it that close, but a win is a win. Hebron gets upset at home by a quality opponent. An interesting first week for sure, but they say the biggest improvement is between the first and second games so we'll see. Good luck to Southlake Carroll tomorrow.

farmerfan
08-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Lewisville did not look great at all.
We got away with one tonight.
We do have the best kicker/punter in the district in Will Attabury but thats the only bright spot from the night.
Will made a clutch 47 yard FG with 20 seconds left and the kick would have been good from 60 :eek:
We need to improve greatly if we want to even sniff the playoffs:o

HebronHawk
08-29-2008, 11:33 PM
What happened to Hebron? Up 14-0 at half at home. Don't tell me the very average QB Monk at Wylie grew up tonight and made some plays.

That is a very bad loss for Hebron blowing a 2 TD lead at home. I am very shocked.:eek:

On the other hand, that gives all kinds of confidence to Wylie. Watch out for those pirates. IMOB might make some noise in 8-5A.

Hebron didn't make the plays in the 2nd half. Bad execution and penalties at the wrong time.

Wylie got their running game on track and did a good job mixing it up.

Plano Wildcat Fan
08-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Marcus, Flower Mound, and Coppell all rolled over decent opponents in Grapevine, Plano East, and South Garland respectively. Lewisville squeaks out a close one against an opponent we should have beaten by at least two TD's. Little scary to have it that close, but a win is a win. Hebron gets upset at home by a quality opponent. An interesting first week for sure, but they say the biggest improvement is between the first and second games so we'll see. Good luck to Southlake Carroll tomorrow.

I think you'll see as the season progresses that East & South Garland will turn out to be not very good as compared to last season.

Plano Wildcat Fan
08-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Hebron didn't make the plays in the 2nd half. Bad execution and penalties at the wrong time.

Wylie got their running game on track and did a good job mixing it up.

I can't believe Monk beat you guys. How did their NG look?

David H
08-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Lewisville did not look great at all.
We got away with one tonight.
We do have the best kicker/punter in the district in Will Attabury but thats the only bright spot from the night.
Will made a clutch 47 yard FG with 20 seconds left and the kick would have been good from 60 :eek:
We need to improve greatly if we want to even sniff the playoffs:o

This game was the atypical first game of the season with both teams taking penalty after penalty. We practically gave them their first touchdown and helped on another and we stunk it up most of the 2nd half though. Dotson overthrew receivers at least half the time and the play calling was a bit suspect. That and our DB's couldn't cover anything. I did like our receivers, linebackers and offensive line though.

I will give GP some credit, they have a good d-line and they took advantage of what we gave them.

But good lord that was a booming kick, it cleared the uprights by at least 5-7 yards and was straight down the middle. We haven't had a kicker this good since our state run in 96.

SLC13
08-29-2008, 11:39 PM
I think you'll see as the season progresses that East & South Garland will turn out to be not very good as compared to last season.
I think you can add Grapevine to that list as well. It looks like it could be a long year for the Mustangs.

HebronHawk
08-29-2008, 11:41 PM
I can't believe Monk beat you guys. How did their NG look?

Bad to the bone. Don't let him get ahold of Rex.

farmerfan
08-29-2008, 11:43 PM
This game was the atypical first game of the season with both teams taking penalty after penalty. We practically gave them their first touchdown and helped on another and we stunk it up most of the 2nd half though. Dotson overthrew receivers at least half the time and the play calling was a bit suspect. That and our DB's couldn't cover anything. I did like our receivers, linebackers and offensive line though.

I will give GP some credit, they have a good d-line and they took advantage of what we gave them.

But good lord that was a booming kick, it cleared the uprights by at least 5-7 yards and was straight down the middle. We haven't had a kicker this good since our state run in 96.

I was very impressed with our front 7, granted it was against GP, they do fly to the football and do bring the wood, I wa very impressed with #46 Cook, good gosh the guy can hit and was a enforcer from his defensive tackle position.
We showed no signs of a running game on offense tonight, Dotson was ur best runner and he did struggle with a bunch of his passes, it seemed he was rushing everything. He needed to take a lot off of those passes.
We need to cut down on the penalites and turnovers. Those killed us badly tonight.
I am happy for the win and proud to see the kids never quit. I just hope we improve greatly before Naaman next week.
I will save judgment on playcalling and our offensive scheme until non-district is over.
Looks like we will need all the improvement we can get with Marcus, Coppell and FM all winning big this week and Carroll left to play West tomorrow.

David H
08-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Interesting quote from the newspaper:

That was a great, great drive at the end to get into field position,Ē Gaddis said. ďIíll say this, I made as many mistakes tonight as the kids did. I nearly cost us the game. I made a bad mistake spiking the ball on third down and I didnít have us in good enough physical condition on this muggy night. I apologized to the kids for that and Iíll get us in shape next week. (Atterberry) kind of saved me tonight.

Like I say, I thought something was a bit off.

FarmerFootballPlayer
08-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Interesting quote from the newspaper:

Like I say, I thought something was a bit off.

God we're going to run a lot this week :D

BlameNoOne
08-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Let's re-rank this district based off first week games

1. FM Marcus
2. Southlake
3. FM
4. Coppell
5. Lewisville
6. Hebron (sorry, but without a win...only one place to put you)

SLC13
08-31-2008, 09:47 AM

1. FM Marcus
2. Southlake
3. FM
4. Coppell
5. Lewisville

Five wins out six games is a very good 1st week showing for 6-5A!!

With that said, let's not do too many collective cartwheels. Of the six opponents, there is only one team (Wylie) or possibly two teams (PW) that will likely make the playoffs. The others would be hardpressed to make a DFW top 40 list.

AE 8008
08-31-2008, 09:56 AM

1. FM Marcus
2. Southlake
3. FM
4. Coppell
5. Lewisville

switch 1 and 2 and im sold

Joseph McCabe
08-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Five wins out six games is a very good 1st week showing for 6-5A!!

With that said, let's not do too many collective cartwheels. Of the six opponents, there is only one team (Wylie) or possibly two teams (PW) that will likely make the playoffs. The others would be hardpressed to make a DFW top 40 list.

Plano West may be no better than Plano East and they may battle for the last spot in 8-5 district

SLC13
08-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Plano West may be no better than Plano East and they may battle for the last spot in 8-5 district
I guess that's a possibility, especially if PW can't figure out who their QB is going to be. However, their defense is pretty solid and should keep them in lots of games.

Plano Wildcat Fan
08-31-2008, 12:25 PM

It's ony the first game in August. Teams improve and no one looks as good or as bad as you think.

For example Allen gave up 7 points to Longview. People might think their defense is stout and can shutdown teams when they want to. As you and I know Allen defense usually can't stop anyone.;)

dragonsdaddy
08-31-2008, 12:42 PM

you can add gv to that list. they would have to be in 3-5a to make the po's.

dragonsdaddy
08-31-2008, 12:46 PM

pwest will win several games just because their defense will keep them in most. pesh doesn't have that privilege. that pesh boyd game will be a burner for the cellar, since jesuit is pegged to win state.