08-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Cedar Park@Westlake
Pville@Leander
A&M Consolidated@McNeil (Palace)
Alamo Heights@Stony Point (Dragon)
Westwood@Lake Travis(Alamodome)
Georgetown@SA Southwest (Alamodome)
Bowie@Vista Ridge

Westwood will play LT tough and I wouldn't be surprised to see WW pull this out. Gotta go with LT as #1 4A team.

RRSP1
08-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Cedar Park@Westlake
Pville@Leander
A&M Consolidated@McNeil (Palace)
Alamo Heights@Stony Point (Dragon)
Westwood@Lake Travis(Alamodome)
Georgetown@SA Southwest (Alamodome)
Bowie@Vista Ridge

Westwood will play LT tough and I wouldn't be surprised to see WW pull this out. Gotta go with LT as #1 4A team.

FYI, Alamo Heights plays SP at the Palace Thursday night.

Will likely be a tough game for SP; no prediction.

velocio
08-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Cedar Park 28 @Westlake 21
Pville 28 @Leander 35
A&M Consolidated 27 @McNeil 17 (Palace)
Alamo Heights 12 @Stony Point 45 (Dragon)
Westwood 12 @Lake Travis 35 (Alamodome)
Georgetown 10 @SA Southwest 33 (Alamodome)
Bowie 42 @Vista Ridge28

Cedar Park over Westlake in a barn burner.
Coach Herm calls a time out with .08 seconds left in the game which allows Leander to re-group then score the go ahead TD.
McNeil is not quite ready.
Stony mule kicks Alamo Heights.
GG keeps throwing TD's, but Westwood kicks 4 field goals.
Georgetown forgot to wear their jocks.
Rangers have to change out the light bulbs on the scoreboard at Bible

mcneilmav
08-28-2008, 12:18 AM
FYI, Alamo Heights plays SP at the Palace Thursday night.

Will likely be a tough game for SP; no prediction.

My bad. Thanks for the heads up.

twolf5
08-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Coach Herm calls a time out with .08 seconds left in the game which allows Leander to re-group then score the go ahead TD.

Those are great picks! But I think Leander has some growing to do and will not get past Pvill, I think McNeil will surprise and win, and Westwood will beat Lake Travis.

Warrior09
08-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Velecio writes.....

GG keeps throwing TD's, but Westwood kicks 4 field goals

Now that's funny....he ha he ha.....

Lucky we have a good field goal kicker huh ?

I'll go ahead and brush aside all your picks and say that 16-5A will come out on top in every game this week.

Also a side note : Gilbert threw no t.d's against us last year and our defense is even better this year......

LeanderLions3033
08-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Those are great picks! But I think Leander has some growing to do and will not get past Pvill, I think McNeil will surprise and win, and Westwood will beat Lake Travis.

8 years since gideon has been here, 7-1 against pville. Regardless of returning starters, Gideon has Herms number. You guys just watch.

mcneilmav
08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
8 years since gideon has been here, 7-1 against pville. Regardless of returning starters, Gideon has Herms number. You guys just watch.

A Lions' win would not surprise me in the least. Two very good teams/programs. A Mav's win over Leander later this season would be most gratifying.:)

rdz1965
08-28-2008, 06:28 PM

If anyone has some growing to do it is cedar park , cp will always be second behind Leander. Leander has a better chance of winning their ball game against pville , than cp has against westlake. I guess that is why they play the game. :notworthy:notworthy

xtreme
08-28-2008, 07:29 PM
If anyone has some growing to do it is cedar park , cp will always be second behind Leander. Leander has a better chance of winning their ball game against pville , than cp has against westlake. I guess that is why they play the game. :notworthy:notworthy

You're starting early with the hate for Cedar Park this year, huh?

corycone33
08-28-2008, 10:45 PM
That is why i can never go for leander.They seem like they all make snobby comments. Is Gideon God? Oh wait he must have one a championship by now. Oh no he hasn't done that yet either:confused:

LeanderLions3033
08-28-2008, 11:37 PM
That is why i can never go for leander.They seem like they all make snobby comments. Is Gideon God? Oh wait he must have one a championship by now. Oh no he hasn't done that yet either:confused:

I dont feel like i'm one of these guys with the snobby comments, but this guy has always been like that. Take it for what its worth...

corycone33
08-28-2008, 11:50 PM
I dont feel like i'm one of these guys with the snobby comments, but this guy has always been like that. Take it for what its worth...
no i am not talking about you. Centex22 and some others seem really really cocky with their comments, better than thow attitude ,which is their right and my right will be to go against leander in every game

Eagle Watcher
08-29-2008, 12:49 AM

Doesn't look like Georgetown needed their jocks tonight - they did 16 5A proud!

alwaysthrash_09
08-29-2008, 12:53 AM
McNeil Will beat A&M Consolidated

Consolidated is not a good team

mcneilmav
08-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Dang! Vista Ridge over Bowie, 30-28. Messed up my picks, but happy for VR and 165A. Despite my better judgement I'm sticking with Lake Travis over Westwood. This one is really nagging me, though....

CTScout
08-29-2008, 07:56 AM
The LT/Westwood game will be tough to call. It didn't help LT to have Walla sit this year out. Great to hear he committed to UT for baseball however. I don't know how good Westwood's line will be. If they don't get pressure on Gilbert they will have a hard time covering the aerial assault.

Eagle Watcher
08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
16 5A rules the roost!

Georgetown demolishes the Texas Football #22 SA Southwest Dragons. The Eagles jumped out to a 28-0 lead and completly controlled the game. Southwest had to have alot of Eagle penalties just to even score. Stoney Point did what everybody expected, but Georgetown pulled off the biggest upset while Vista Ridge made us proud. All I have to say is don't mess with 16 5A!!!!!!!!!!!

twolf5
08-29-2008, 08:43 AM
16 5A rules the roost!

Georgetown demolishes the Texas Football #22 SA Southwest Dragons. The Eagles jumped out to a 28-0 lead and completly controlled the game. Southwest had to have alot of Eagle penalties just to even score. Stoney Point did what everybody expected, but Georgetown pulled off the biggest upset while Vista Ridge made us proud. All I have to say is don't mess with 16 5A!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll tell you what that's hard to ignore. Vista Ridge, projected as the worst team in our district, beating one of the top teams in the austin district is amazing. Gtown coming out strong. Stoney is amazing. We'll see after tonight if the rest of 16-5a can step up!!

chop44
08-29-2008, 09:43 AM
16 5A rules the roost!

Congrats to GT, SP and VR. Dang I miss being in 16 5A already.

Pville lost a starting OT on Wed. due to a broken (compound) ankle. Our OL was thin before this. It should be a close game between Pville and Leander.

twolf5
08-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Congrats to GT, SP and VR. Dang I miss being in 16 5A already.

Pville lost a starting OT on Wed. due to a broken (compound) ankle. Our OL was thin before this. It should be a close game between Pville and Leander.

You probably won't miss our district too much when your mopping the floor with AISD competition and going region 4 in the playoffs to the state championship every year!

You guys are going to clean house while we beat the crap out of each other up here!

chop44
08-29-2008, 10:54 AM
I don't know about that. WE are a long way from going back to a deep playoff run. I'm very concerned about tonight as we have a bunch of holes to fill on the team. Last year was a special group who jelled in the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect we will really struggle on offense for a while.

Very true about how we always beat up on each other in 14 5A. Definately was one of the toughest districts in the state. Now that SP has come on, it is really going to be tough.

Good luck tonight in your game.

CPMScoach
08-29-2008, 01:19 PM

didnt your kid graduate already?
if so cant you just be nice for once haha, gosh your so nasty towards CP!
haha im really kidding i dont care, it makes me laugh.
good luck to Leander though.
the last Crosstown Showdown in Bible will be a classic.