PDA

View Full Version : Abilene High VS Dunbar

tmcran
08-24-2008, 06:23 PM
As this is the first game can't say much about AHS. I know Chris Williams had a very good game at LB. Don't know anything about Dunbar. I do know they stepped up to the plate and took the game with AHS when the school from Fl. backed out.

exlobo
08-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Did you make the AHS scrimmage Friday? If you did what was your impressions?

tmcran
08-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Saw only part of it. Its not easy to figure out what they have. They don't show much and run basic stuff. Warren looked stronger and was more on target. The Sims kid looks fast. Have to see this week.

Shoot2thrill
08-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Did you make the AHS scrimmage Friday? If you did what was your impressions?

Pleasantly surprised. The DEEfense is as advertised so that was no surprise. The surprise came on the other side of the ball. I was impressed with both QB Warren and the running game. Amazing. Wideouts definitely benefitted from the 7 on 7 tournament this summer. I have a feeling that this O is going to gel quickly and score points in a hurry. If so, look out.:notworthy;)

exlobo
08-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Sounds good............I am excited to see what they do this coming week........anyone know anything about FW Dunbar?

da wiz
08-24-2008, 11:49 PM
dunbar was 6-5, last season, they return their skill position players, including
6'4" 210 pound wideout, darius white who just happens to run a 4.4 forty.
dude is a stud, they dont mind playing tough opponents, but this one
should be over with at halftime,they have small numbers and usually dress
out 40-45 players, so depth is a problem, a 4a school of about 1100 kids..
dont get me wrong, i luv my alma mater, but winning this game would be a miracle..

exlobo
08-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the info.......I bet they are better than you are advertising......should be a good game

biggolfdad
08-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Pleasantly surprised. The DEEfense is as advertised so that was no surprise. The surprise came on the other side of the ball. I was impressed with both QB Warren and the running game. Amazing. Wideouts definitely benefitted from the 7 on 7 tournament this summer. I have a feeling that this O is going to gel quickly and score points in a hurry. If so, look out.:notworthy;)

I understand that the Eagles have a new kid who moved in from DFW area and plays WR. They say he is pretty good.

:)

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-25-2008, 06:29 PM
dunbar was 6-5, last season, they return their skill position players, including
6'4" 210 pound wideout, darius white who just happens to run a 4.4 forty.
dude is a stud, they dont mind playing tough opponents, but this one
should be over with at halftime,they have small numbers and usually dress
out 40-45 players, so depth is a problem, a 4a school of about 1100 kids..
dont get me wrong, i luv my alma mater, but winning this game would be a miracle..

Agreed!

Oh, and you left out one part about Darius...he's only a junior this year! He'll be one of the best players around when he graduates from Dunbar in 2010. When did you graduate from Dunbar?

AE 8008
08-25-2008, 09:32 PM
I understand that the Eagles have a new kid who moved in from DFW area and plays WR. They say he is pretty good.

:)

any names?

eaglefootball11
08-25-2008, 09:48 PM
His name is Xavier Farmer probally the fastest reciever we have.

As far as the rest of the scrimmage went the D looked fine except for a few big plays Cove got. Our corners still need a little work.

Offensively

Oline looked solid with the ones and twos.

Recievers are small with the exceptions of Ashford and Turman, but they are quick and are coached well.

Running backs look to be very good Zach bass and Simms showed speed and strength and both caught the ball well. Zach mosely is a hard runner who can get u the short yardage.

QB's Warren looked good in the pocket and made good throws. Williams is a different type of QB from Warren, he is quick and strong and can make plays outside of the pocket. His throwing mechanichs are lacking at times though.

I feel for the team to really succeed they will have to block well for Warren and keep the pocket from collapsing on him.

AE 8008
08-25-2008, 09:49 PM
from what i've heard there is no new receiver...

AE 8008
08-25-2008, 09:50 PM

As far as the rest of the scrimmage went the D looked fine except for a few big plays Cove got. Our corners still need a little work.

Offensively

Recievers are small with the exceptions of Ashford and Turman, but they are quick and are coached well.

Running backs look to be very good Zach bass and Simms showed speed and strength and both caught the ball well. Zach mosely is a hard runner who can get u the short yardage.

QB's Warren looked good in the pocket and made good throws. Williams is a different type of QB from Warren, he is quick and strong and can make plays outside of the pocket. His throwing mechanichs are lacking at times though.

I feel for the team to really succeed they will have to block well for Warren and keep the pocket from collapsing on him.

did the other simms get any reps at qb?

eaglefootball11
08-25-2008, 09:53 PM
He got 5 plays, he made one good run but his height is a huge disadvantage, He is a great athlete but im not sure if QB in our style of Offense is his best fit.

exlobo
08-25-2008, 10:42 PM

Offensively

anybody know the starting line up on both sides of the ball?:confused:

da wiz
08-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Agreed!

Oh, and you left out one part about Darius...he's only a junior this year! He'll be one of the best players around when he graduates from Dunbar in 2010. When did you graduate from Dunbar?

1974, im an old dawg, but i still represent and support my old
high school...........

AHSeagles
08-26-2008, 02:52 PM

Offensively

I have also heard that the Farmer kid is extremely fast. Should be a good weapon for the offense.

slcdragonfan
08-26-2008, 04:38 PM
I'll say this, Abilene has some of the best names in High School football with Keithy ('watch him') Fly, Xavier ('ain't no') Farmer, Zach ('try and catch this') Bass, and all those Carroll kids everywhere. :)

I have been watching the Carroll/Abilene game just to get ready for this year. Hope we have a chance to continue the rivalry.;)

Warbird
08-26-2008, 05:39 PM
I'll say this, Abilene has some of the best names in High School football with Keithy ('watch him') Fly, Xavier ('ain't no') Farmer, Zach ('try and catch this') Bass, and all those Carroll kids everywhere. :)

I have been watching the Carroll/Abilene game just to get ready for this year. Hope we have a chance to continue the rivalry.;)

It's Keithy Flye. I ought to know, I blocked for him. I referred to Zach as "The Silent Streak". The dude barely says a word off the field, hardly says any when he's on it. It was fantastic blocking for those two, neither of them had any ego at all. I'm looking forward to seeing how Zach does this year; I talked to him at the scrimmage, he's up to 180 lbs. and down to a 4.4 forty time. So, that means he's now as fast as Keithy was, but a full fifteen pounds heavier. I think his acceleration's improved as well. I almost totally missed him on a draw against Cove. :D

slcdragonfan
08-26-2008, 05:48 PM
It's Keithy Flye. I ought to know, I blocked for him. I referred to Zach as "The Silent Streak". The dude barely says a word off the field, hardly says any when he's on it. It was fantastic blocking for those two, neither of them had any ego at all. I'm looking forward to seeing how Zach does this year; I talked to him at the scrimmage, he's up to 180 lbs. and down to a 4.4 forty time. So, that means he's now as fast as Keithy was, but a full fifteen pounds heavier. I think his acceleration's improved as well. I almost totally missed him on a draw against Cove. :D

I didn't take the time to look it up, just heard his name over and over in the 1q of the replay of December. Congrats on a fine season if you blocked for him last year, before that I don't know. If you're still blocking this year, I hope to get a chance to see you and Abilene. Maybe a rematch?

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
1974, im an old dawg, but i still represent and support my old
high school...........

OH..okay I gotcha!

I got your Wildcats winning the district this year, with Wyatt coming in second. It'll be an exciting year of football this year!

Shoot2thrill
08-26-2008, 10:19 PM
I didn't take the time to look it up, just heard his name over and over in the 1q of the replay of December. Congrats on a fine season if you blocked for him last year, before that I don't know. If you're still blocking this year, I hope to get a chance to see you and Abilene. Maybe a rematch?

It is a real treat to play SLC as you guys have a class program and always bring a great fanbase just like we do. However, I would not mind if we could avoid playing you in the playoffs again this year. I still haven't got over that 2005 woodshed treatment in Waco. :notworthy:eek:

exlobo
08-26-2008, 10:56 PM
It is a real treat to play SLC as you guys have a class program and always bring a great fanbase just like we do. However, I would not mind if we could avoid playing you in the playoffs again this year. I still haven't got over that 2005 woodshed treatment in Waco. :notworthy:eek:

But the other two meetings were exactly what you want to see in the play offs .........both were great games and down to wire:D

AbEagleFan
08-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Interesting. Xavier is in the band as well. Met him the other day. Very polite kid. He said he was playing football but was very humble with the statement. I know now to pick his brain!

Offensively

Shoot2thrill
08-27-2008, 09:47 AM
:Music
But the other two meetings were exactly what you want to see in the play offs .........both were great games and down to wire:D

Great games but we LOST. I'll take an easier opponent this time. Of course in the 3rd or 4th round, they will most likely all be tough- just not SLC tough. :cool:

grayowl60
08-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Dunbar m ust have had a game with Dallas Spruce, who canceled the season, leaving nine teams with only nine games, and verious open dates

Memorial76
08-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Over in the first quarter. A good tune up for the Eagles.

da wiz
08-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Over in the first quarter. A good tune up for the Eagles.

if its over in the first quarter it wont be a good tune up for the eagles because they werent tested, but on the flip side, im sure dunbar wont
see a better team all season,

panthersrwe
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Good luck to Abilene High. Sure gonna miss playing you guys in district...:(

AHSeagles
08-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Good luck to Abilene High. Sure gonna miss playing you guys in district...:(

Same here.:(

AHSeagles
08-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Dunbar m ust have had a game with Dallas Spruce, who canceled the season, leaving nine teams with only nine games, and verious open dates

Why did Spruce cancel their season?

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-27-2008, 06:52 PM

Nope...Dunbar had an open slot regardless.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Why did Spruce cancel their season?

For about the 4th consecutive year, their test scores were deemed unacceptable.

If Polytechnic, or Poly, over here in Fort Worth doesn't shape up after this year, then they'll be shut down as well.

Warbird
08-29-2008, 01:56 AM
So, I attended the JV game tonight.

If it's any indication of what's to come tomorrow, it will be one very long night for Dunbar.

AHSeagles
08-29-2008, 01:09 PM
So, I attended the JV game tonight.

If it's any indication of what's to come tomorrow, it will be one very long night for Dunbar.

I heard about the JV game. 52-6 or something like that and we returned the opening kick off for a TD. Great job for the Eagles as a program, it looks like we have a lot of talent coming up.