PDA

View Full Version : Go Home TO

southlake thug
11-05-2005, 03:05 PM
The Eagles have suspended TO indeffinetly due to his poor behavior just days after he ripped the organization. Honestly, this year couldn't be going any worse for the Eagles.

GoOwls
11-05-2005, 07:51 PM
The Eagles have suspended TO indeffinetly due to his poor behavior just days after he ripped the organization. Honestly, this year couldn't be going any worse for the Eagles.

On MSN.com, there is a poll and when I voted, 77% of the voters thought the Eagles should just cut him, outright.

Hdshrinker
11-05-2005, 08:31 PM

;) COuldn't happen to a better fella

garlandowl08
11-05-2005, 09:51 PM
I just hope he's gone during the 'Boys MNF game witht them in a week and 2 days...

Hdshrinker
11-05-2005, 10:38 PM
I just hope he's gone during the 'Boys MNF game witht them in a week and 2 days...

My understanding is...it's immediate

wide-e-wide
11-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Why does the media become consumed with a guy that struggles with basic
English?

southlake thug
11-06-2005, 12:36 AM
This is actually good for the team. There should be alot more balance now with the run/pass situation, and I believe the chemistry will be back. TO was a "cancer" on this team, and now that he is gone, I expect the Eagles to be back.

CLFalcon2006
11-06-2005, 12:51 AM
I think it would send such a good message to the players and the fans if the Eagles cut TO and all the other owners refuse to sign him. Leave TO out of the game for a year or 2 and maybe all these other players will realize that they are just as human as the rest of us. Though it might be bad ratings wise without him, its only good for the game.

southlake thug
11-06-2005, 11:00 AM
That will never happen though. All the owners care about is winning, and TO will win games and put people in the stands. I am sure that there are about 15-20 teams that would pick up TO immediatly if he was cut. And those teams that wouldn't just would not want to mess with the chemistry of a team this late in the season.

dragons08
11-06-2005, 11:02 AM
so hes just out till when ever? like keyshawn was in tampa?

lonny23
11-06-2005, 11:13 AM
The dude is mad because he's not getting paid like he should be. He knows they're a bad team and it doesn't hurt him to make waves and hope to get traded and then get a new contract. He playing the first card in an unhappy situation and that's cause problems. He's not as bad as he's portrayed to be and you guys need to realize his situation.

If somebody offered you more money to work someplace else, you could do it. He has to work for the Eagles for the next 5 years at a reduced rate. He won't get another big contract if he doesn't get out of town soon or get a new contract. I know he agreed to those terms, but the team should bargain in good faith and reward him for being a great player, but also for coming back from an injury to play in the Super Bowl. If T.O. gets hurt, the Eagles don't have to pay him the remainder of the contract and he's out a bunch of money. Football players don't have guaranteed contracts like the other sports.

southlake thug
11-06-2005, 01:02 PM
We have had this conversation many times, and this is not really the issue any more. TO handled the situation poorly and now he is paying for it. He doesn't realize that Donovan McNabb is the franchise player. What he says goes within that organization. And obviously TO got on Donovan's bad side. But Donovan handled that business behind closed doors and did not use the media to criticize unlike Terrell.

Brian Westbrook is in a similiar situation, except he did not criticize the organization, and he was rewarded with a new 5 year contract today. With 9 million up front in bonuses. If TO would get his head out of his *** he would realize what an itiot he truly is.

garlandowl08
11-06-2005, 02:04 PM
My understanding is...it's immediate

I know he'll be out this wekk...I just hope is ego is big enough to keep him from playing next week too...if he could somehow stop its swelling, he may be able to play again this season...(it being his ego).

CLFalcon2006
11-06-2005, 05:22 PM
That will never happen though. All the owners care about is winning, and TO will win games and put people in the stands. I am sure that there are about 15-20 teams that would pick up TO immediatly if he was cut. And those teams that wouldn't just would not want to mess with the chemistry of a team this late in the season.

I know it would never happen but what a message that would send if they did

mad_fan
11-06-2005, 06:48 PM
This is actually good for the team. There should be alot more balance now with the run/pass situation, and I believe the chemistry will be back. TO was a "cancer" on this team, and now that he is gone, I expect the Eagles to be back.

That'd be something different if GB got their hands on TO...fighting a cancer...with another cancer... :D

mad_fan
11-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Oh I left out the 1-7 part.... :(

adrian6784
11-06-2005, 11:20 PM
The Eagles need T.O. if they wanna win. you migh disagree but i'm telling you if the eagles had T.O. when they were on the 7 yard line at the end of the 4th quarter they would have won. no doubt about it.

southlake thug
11-06-2005, 11:23 PM
If they would have put in Westbrook they would have won also. Or if Donovan didn't have a massive tear in his abdomin.

The Eagles wouldn't have been in that position if they had TO. That was the hardest I have seen them play in a while. They just still have alot to work on.

But Reggie Brown is going to be the real deal. Kid can straight play.

adrian6784
11-06-2005, 11:27 PM
The Eagles wouldn't have been in that position if they had TO. That was the hardest I have seen them play in a while. They just still have alot to work on.

I think the only reason they played so hard is to prove to everyone watching that they can win with T.O. I'm sure they were in the locker room telling each other that it was a must win, gotta show the world we can do it without out T.O., and you know what they couldn't

ThEgReAtOnE
11-06-2005, 11:31 PM
The Eagles need T.O. if they wanna win. you migh disagree but i'm telling you if the eagles had T.O. when they were on the 7 yard line at the end of the 4th quarter they would have won. no doubt about it.

Actually, if T.O. would have been playing the entire game he would of changed the entire philosophy of the def. schemes and coverages. The Eagles wouldn't of had to wait until the end of the game....they would've already had wrapped the game up!

Final score would of been...

Philadelphia 35
Washington 14

He's that potent...athletically!

(Than again, I'm glad to see the Eagles lose. The Eagles orginization should be ashamed of how they went about T.O.'s contract after the "SUPER BOWL" season! They should have renegotiated and gave him what he desired. And they could of done all of it behind closed doors!)

southlake thug
11-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Obviously you haven't watched to many Eagles games this year. Cause they can't really do it with TO. They have worked there *** off for the 4 wins that they have. And it was not the offense that won those games either.

wide-e-wide
11-06-2005, 11:36 PM
I'll keep it short and sweet...

Screw T.O.

that is all...

southlake thug
11-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Statisically they are ranked better on Offense then Defense. But it would be hard to say that there Offense has carried them this year.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Obviously you haven't watched to many Eagles games this year. Cause they can't really do it with TO. They have worked there *** off for the 4 wins that they have. And it was not the offense that won those games either.

That's the point! When a player like T.O. is on the field he becomes the immediate threat. A teams entire def. scheme is centered around what he is doing and where he's lining up at. Tomlinson is the same way! Spy him and Brees has Gates to throw to!

And anytime you give T.O. a crack, slip or seam he will most likely take it to the house, for the score!

He's dangerous just because he's on the field!!

ThEgReAtOnE
11-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Statisically they are ranked better on Offense then Defense. But it would be hard to say that there Offense has carried them this year.

I haven't heard anyone making that argument!

southlake thug
11-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Haha I know. I was kind of arguing with myself I guess. It has been a tough night. I have come to realize that Philly just isn't good this year. And it is real frustrating.

What do you think about the Indy vs. NE game tommorrow night?

ThEgReAtOnE
11-06-2005, 11:44 PM
I'll keep it short and sweet...

Screw T.O.

that is all...

I don't know how sweet it is.....but it was definitely short! ;)

And it's demanded of any Cowboy player/fan to hate T.O....

I mean he desecrated the Star of Texas Stadium!!

southlake thug
11-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Speaking of that.. I saw George Teague at the Boys vs. Giants game a couple of weeks ago.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Haha I know. I was kind of arguing with myself I guess. It has been a tough night. I have come to realize that Philly just isn't good this year. And it is real frustrating.

What do you think about the Indy vs. NE game tommorrow night?

NE has morale now....but the Colts have Peyton, Harrison, James and more importantly....Dwight Freeney and the "D"!

Patriots 14
Colts 24

Peyton finally gets 1 against the Patriots!

southlake thug
11-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah same. Indy has looked sharp this year so far. And I am looking forward to them playing another high caliber team. You know NE will show up tommorrow night though.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Yeah same. Indy has looked sharp this year so far. And I am looking forward to them playing another high caliber team. You know NE will show up tommorrow night though.

Ya, but history's not on their side, in the long run! I think the Steelers, Broncos, Colts or Chargers are going to emerge as the front runners in the AFC!

zippy
11-07-2005, 12:06 AM
They should have just payed Westbrook the money he deserves, and traded moron for a semi-decent (normal WR) like, maybe, Jerry Rice!!! Honestly, I dont see how a team could take him, he is not good for the team at all. I think the negative outweights the positive when it comes to TO (Time Out ;) )

zippy
11-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Agree 100%! GO COLTS!

NE has morale now....but the Colts have Peyton, Harrison, James and more importantly....Dwight Freeney and the "D"!

Patriots 14
Colts 24

Peyton finally gets 1 against the Patriots!

ThEgReAtOnE
11-07-2005, 07:57 AM
They should have just payed Westbrook the money he deserves, and traded moron for a semi-decent (normal WR) like, maybe, Jerry Rice!!! Honestly, I dont see how a team could take him, he is not good for the team at all. I think the negative outweights the positive when it comes to TO (Time Out ;) )

That is the perfect fan perception.

However, the owners - who want to win Super Bowls - want the best players on their rosters. And T.O. is one of the Top 5 or 10 players in the NFL. Many will line up for his services, and they'll all think they can do something to make it work.

I think it can! Owens knows it can! I think neither Joe or T.O. wants to fold. Neither want to give in! Again, when you present a somewhat decent contract to someone trying to get out of a situation like T.O. was in, things can be said, assumed or promised. (I'd be willing to say that was the case!)

T.O. feels like the Phili front office spit in his face....so he will do the same to them! Alot of players go through the same mis-treatment by orginization heads! You just don't hear about it!!

And yes.....money is a big issue. And I'm sorry for all the fans who think we as athletes need to just jump out there on that pro football field and play, just because we love the game! If most the players could make the same amount of money as librarians, they would! The game is far too brutal and physically punishing - on the pro level - to play for little, especially when you consider the fact that the average pro player has 2 to 3 surgeries a year for the remainder of his life, due to his football career! And before you say 3 million a year is plenty of money, 3 million a year isn't 3 million a year....it's more like 1.2 million, if not under 1 million. Once the governemnt, the league and your agents/lawyers get done with that salary you'll be glad to have made some money, at all.....and that's all going to bills and family!

southlake thug
11-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Well we don't have to worry about it anymore; TO is gone for the year. After this max. 4 game suspension he will stay inactive for the remainder of the season.

I don't belive that he will be payed for those 4 suspended games either. But I could be wrong. Looks like TO's *****ing didn't get him anywhere.

Favpack
11-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Well we don't have to worry about it anymore; TO is gone for the year. After this max. 4 game suspension he will stay inactive for the remainder of the season.

I don't belive that he will be payed for those 4 suspended games either. But I could be wrong. Looks like TO's *****ing didn't get him anywhere.

Sources close to me say he will NOT be paid the four games, but will be paid the remainder of the season (ala Keyshawn with the bucs) so no one picks him up for a deep run. He will be available next year.

RPM
11-07-2005, 03:41 PM
TO does talk alot but I think its been blown out of proportion by the media AGAIN..

Did anyone of you see the interview or the script..the reporters asked him questions and he answered with an honest opinion..I dont even remember him mentioning McNabb...

southlake thug
11-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Trust me, he has called out Donovan plenty of times. He refuses to apologize to him and now the rest of the Eagles have taken McNabb's side.

RPM
11-07-2005, 04:39 PM
here is what was ASKED!!!!GP is the interviewer..

GB: Your friend Michael Irvin recently said that if Brett Favre was the starting quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles, they'd be undefeated right now. What do you think of that comment?

TO: I mean, that's a good assessment, I would agree with that.

GB: How so?

TO: I just feel like just what he brings to the table ... I mean he's the guy. Obviously, a number of commentators will say he's a warrior. He has played with injuries. I just feel like (with) him being knowledgeable about the quarterback position, I just feel like we'd be in a better situation.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Trust me, he has called out Donovan plenty of times. He refuses to apologize to him and now the rest of the Eagles have taken McNabb's side.

Actually, T.O. never mentioned McNabb's name in the interview. He only stated that he agreed with Michael Irvin's assessment that, "if Brett Favre was quarterbacking the Eagles they'd be undefeated".

He made a remark saying he felt they didn't give him the respect of his "100th Career TD"....and that was just his opinion. Should he have said it, probably not, however he's pissed at the orginization....and has been since the middle of last season.

Also, he made a public announcment via the media on Friday saying quote "If I have offended anyone from the front office or any of my teammates I apologize!". That was good enough!

What you guys can't see is there is a game that was played by the Philadephia Eagles, starting with the signing of T.O.'s contract. Things were most likely were said, implied, assumed and promised....and T.O. thought they'd be re-negotiating his contract all of last season, when he figured out what was going on (they weren't going to re-negotiate....and felt they had suckered in one of the leagues best players)...he started with his act of "non-cooperation". Even when he played hurt - in the Super Bowl - and was the most productive Eagle that day, they failed to renegotiate his contract after the season. They played a game with T.O. and thought they could get away with it! T.O. has simply said I won't cooperate until you do what you secretly promised...and that's to renegotiate my contract!

All the public knows is what the media says....or what the Eagles want to politically pronounce! This is sh** and T.O. is calling it exactly what it is!

And the Eagles can't stand that he isn't being a good little boy and kissing their a**!

Again, I have hands on experience dealing with the real NFL...and plenty of it! It's never....EVER.....what it seems!

zippy
11-07-2005, 06:20 PM
I say pay a top salary of 300K. If you dont like it dont play. There are a lot more risky jobs people do for a LOT less than NFL players make. They need to quit with the moaning. As for TO, if I were an owner, I would do what is good for the team. Without a team there is no Super Bowl. If a top player is bringing the team down, get rid of him. TO cant win the Super Bowl alone. I CANT STAND THE NFL! He thinks they spit in his face??? How much does he make again? :rolleyes: 1 million a year is 700K more than anyone needs to live a very good life. Get over it.

That is the perfect fan perception.

However, the owners - who want to win Super Bowls - want the best players on their rosters. And T.O. is one of the Top 5 or 10 players in the NFL. Many will line up for his services, and they'll all think they can do something to make it work.

I think it can! Owens knows it can! I think neither Joe or T.O. wants to fold. Neither want to give in! Again, when you present a somewhat decent contract to someone trying to get out of a situation like T.O. was in, things can be said, assumed or promised. (I'd be willing to say that was the case!)

T.O. feels like the Phili front office spit in his face....so he will do the same to them! Alot of players go through the same mis-treatment by orginization heads! You just don't hear about it!!

And yes.....money is a big issue. And I'm sorry for all the fans who think we as athletes need to just jump out there on that pro football field and play, just because we love the game! If most the players could make the same amount of money as librarians, they would! The game is far too brutal and physically punishing - on the pro level - to play for little, especially when you consider the fact that the average pro player has 2 to 3 surgeries a year for the remainder of his life, due to his football career! And before you say 3 million a year is plenty of money, 3 million a year isn't 3 million a year....it's more like 1.2 million, if not under 1 million. Once the governemnt, the league and your agents/lawyers get done with that salary you'll be glad to have made some money, at all.....and that's all going to bills and family!

wide-e-wide
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
I say all the owners should come together and agree not to pick him up...

I give him 6 months before he's on the pipe...and 2 years he's broke.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-07-2005, 07:08 PM
I say pay a top salary of 300K. If you dont like it dont play. There are a lot more risky jobs people do for a LOT less than NFL players make. They need to quit with the moaning. As for TO, if I were an owner, I would do what is good for the team. Without a team there is no Super Bowl. If a top player is bringing the team down, get rid of him. TO cant win the Super Bowl alone. I CANT STAND THE NFL! He thinks they spit in his face??? How much does he make again? :rolleyes: 1 million a year is 700K more than anyone needs to live a very good life. Get over it.

1 Million a year is more like 300k after the league, government, agents and lawyers get done with it.

And paying athletes 300k, while the owner and managment make Millions - off of the athlete - is insulting. And when was the last time 75k fans showed up to watch someone do one of those RISKY jobs you were speaking about? What other RISKY job has you spend 18 of 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 12 months a year (and you can bet those players are still training their butts off during off-season) focusing, primarily, on it? What RISKY job will have you barely able to walk, talk or think by the time you're 50? What RISKY job has your life thrown into spotlight 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 12 months a year? What RISKY job has you spend almost every single day getting into 16 car wrecks a day, and barely able to wake up in the morning, without serious....SERIOUS pain?

The attitude of having these athletes get out there and play for far less money, just because fans think they should just "love to play" is ignorant....to say the least. HS? Have fun! College? Prove it to yourself! NFL? Pay me...or I'll do something else!

It's a very ravaging and brutal game.....and most importantly it's a job that has you spend your life on nothing but it!

There's alot of enthused people/fans who if they were 6'6 270 lbs and had the quickness of a cat, benched 600 lbs and ran a 4.4 40 they'd be wanting to play in the NFL, and they'd also be asking for some serious "mula"!

Sorry dude, there's the athletes perception and the fans perception!

zippy
11-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I hear your complaints, but what about college football? I would say they make as much, if not more, than the NFL, yet the players get what? 12,000 per year in tuition? I think that is an insult myself. NFL players should be happy to make any more than a take home pay of more than 100K IMO. Your not risking your life, like some other jobs. No matter how much you try, I will never feel "sorry" for any of them, no way thats going to happen. I also dont think they work 12 months a year. Maybe they work out, but I know they dont spend more than 8 hours a day doing it (which is equivalant to a normal job). I can tell you right now, that if I was able to make an NFL team after college, I would not complain about the pay. I would have just been happy to be on a field again, but thats just me. The only choice I had was to coach, and the pay is not good, and the hours are bad, but do you see me complaining to the state about it? No, I love it, and I deal with the negative of it, I just wish it were millions of $'s that were the negative.

1 Million a year is more like 300k after the league, government, agents and lawyers get done with it.

And paying athletes 300k, while the owner and managment make Millions - off of the athlete - is insulting. And when was the last time 75k fans showed up to watch someone do one of those RISKY jobs you were speaking about? What other RISKY job has you spend 18 of 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 12 months a year (and you can bet those players are still training their butts off during off-season) focusing, primarily, on it? What RISKY job will have you barely able to walk, talk or think by the time you're 50? What RISKY job has your life thrown into spotlight 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 12 months a year? What RISKY job has you spend almost every single day getting into 16 car wrecks a day, and barely able to wake up in the morning, without serious....SERIOUS pain?

The attitude of having these athletes get out there and play for far less money, just because fans think they should just "love to play" is ignorant....to say the least. HS? Have fun! College? Prove it to yourself! NFL? Pay me...or I'll do something else!

It's a very ravaging and brutal game.....and most importantly it's a job that has you spend your life on nothing but it!

There's alot of enthused people/fans who if they were 6'6 270 lbs and had the quickness of a cat, benched 600 lbs and ran a 4.4 40 they'd be wanting to play in the NFL, and they'd also be asking for some serious "mula"!

Sorry dude, there's the athletes perception and the fans perception!

mad_fan
11-07-2005, 07:29 PM
I hear your complaints, but what about college football? I would say they make as much, if not more, than the NFL, yet the players get what? 12,000 per year in tuition? I think that is an insult myself. NFL players should be happy to make any more than a take home pay of more than 100K IMO. Your not risking your life, like some other jobs. No matter how much you try, I will never feel "sorry" for any of them, no way thats going to happen. I also dont think they work 12 months a year. Maybe they work out, but I know they dont spend more than 8 hours a day doing it (which is equivalant to a normal job). I can tell you right now, that if I was able to make an NFL team after college, I would not complain about the pay. I would have just been happy to be on a field again, but thats just me. The only choice I had was to coach, and the pay is not good, and the hours are bad, but do you see me complaining to the state about it? No, I love it, and I deal with the negative of it, I just wish it were millions of $'s that were the negative.

In the college system the "profits" go to the schools, conferences, ncaa, etc. This is used to promote the sports.
How many hours per years do they put in (I'm talking travel and everything)?
Doesnt everybody switch jobs and move around for their owe benefit?
Coaching (like teaching) is a vocation of choice that we a know doesn't further one's financial position.

lonny23
11-07-2005, 07:38 PM
It's the law of supply and demand. Sports demand a certain quality of player and they pay to get it. Other jobs have a larger pool to pull from and pay less. I might have some disability from my time in the Air Force, but the chance is not as great as a football player's injuries.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-07-2005, 07:42 PM

I here your arguments as well! I guess it's just the athletes perception (as I played in the NFL) and the fans perception! And yes the athletes do workout, study and watch film, almost everyday - and alot of times more than 8 hours a day in the off-season. And I could make the argument that those RISKY jobs you speak of is not all that RISKY! And also, I recieved a football scholarship for over 65k to a major university and I felt then college players were compensated well, via scholarship. And college football, as a whole, is nowhere near the level of the NFL! I personally know that as FACT, so paying them as much, if not more than a pro player is absurd, to say the least!

As far as the NFL is concerned...
I thought, when I played, that I should be paid in the same lines as the owners and managment who are making millions!

I'm sorry if the fans feel that way, but when you have a multi-billion dollar entertainment corporation like the NFL that thrives on superstars, athletes and the marketability of the two, you must adequately compensate them!

mad_fan
11-07-2005, 07:47 PM
I here your arguments as well! I guess it's just the athletes perception (as I played in the NFL) and the fans perception! And yes the athletes do workout, study and watch film, almost everyday - and alot of times more than 8 hours a day in the off-season. And I could make the argument that those RISKY jobs you speak of is not all that RISKY! And also, I recieved a football scholarship for over 65k to a major university and I felt then college players were compensated well, via scholarship. And college football, as a whole, is nowhere near the level of the NFL! I personally know that as FACT, so paying them as much, if not more than a pro player is absurd, to say the least!

I thought, when I played, that I should be paid in the same lines as the owners and managment who are making millions!

I'm sorry if the fans feel that way, but when you have a multi-billion dollar entertainment corporation like the NFL that thrives on superstars, athletes and the marketability of the two, you must adequately compensate them!

Perfect!!! NFL=Hollywood. Hey Great, I've got the Directv Sunday ticket...where does all that money go?

ThEgReAtOnE
11-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Perfect!!! NFL=Hollywood. Hey Great, I've got the Directv Sunday ticket...where does all that money go?

ALL what money??!!

southlake thug
11-07-2005, 07:55 PM
All the above may be true.. But 300k a year is still pretty nice. And plus I would say a majority of the country doesn't "love" their job. And most of the players in the NFL probably enjoy their job.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-07-2005, 07:59 PM
All the above may be true.. But 300k a year is still pretty nice. And plus I would say a majority of the country doesn't "love" their job. And most of the players in the NFL probably enjoy their job.

Of course I loved my job, when I played in the league, I was recieving a hefty paycheck. If I could of made the same amount of money as a librarian I probably would have been a librarian! And you'd be shocked to hear how many us thought/think like that!

The speed, the intensity, the power, the aggression......you guys have no idea what it's like on that field! (It's not college, which says alot!) It looks soft on tv, but that's just becuase I know what it feels like on the field.

Sorry if you can't understand what I'm saying. We can just agree to disagree!

zippy
11-07-2005, 08:03 PM
I can understand the part about the owners, but you have to think, they put up A LOT of money to own these teams. Its like a sales rep at a department store wanting to be paid the same as the owner of that store. The rep makes all the sales, while the owner makes the real cash. But then again, that owner risked his money to open the place. As for risky jobs that do not pay as much as the NFL, there is of course our military, fireman, offshore fishing, steel workers (walking around 40 stories high, with 80 mph gusts, one 1 foot beams), these are just a few, I am sure many more have died doing these than they have in the NFL. I get where your comming from, and I am sure you see my points. However, I dont feel sorry for you buddy! Lol. You made more money in a couple of years than I will in a lifetime, and you cant tell me you didnt have fun doing it. I would have killed to play after college. There is not much that is as hard to take as that last game.. Knowing it will be the last of your life.

mad_fan
11-07-2005, 08:13 PM
ALL what money??!!

:rolleyes: so I guess the player DON'T get a cut??!!

ThEgReAtOnE
11-07-2005, 10:26 PM
I can understand the part about the owners, but you have to think, they put up A LOT of money to own these teams. Its like a sales rep at a department store wanting to be paid the same as the owner of that store. The rep makes all the sales, while the owner makes the real cash. But then again, that owner risked his money to open the place. As for risky jobs that do not pay as much as the NFL, there is of course our military, fireman, offshore fishing, steel workers (walking around 40 stories high, with 80 mph gusts, one 1 foot beams), these are just a few, I am sure many more have died doing these than they have in the NFL. I get where your comming from, and I am sure you see my points. However, I dont feel sorry for you buddy! Lol. You made more money in a couple of years than I will in a lifetime, and you cant tell me you didnt have fun doing it. I would have killed to play after college. There is not much that is as hard to take as that last game.. Knowing it will be the last of your life.

A sales rep and an owner scenerio??! Ok! An owner of has a small store and employs a sales rep that works in it. The owner pulls down 68k, a year, while the salesman pulls down 28k! Convert that to the NFL, a team/owner pulls in 188 Mil a year and gets pissed when an athlete asks for 6.5 million! It's a joke! And the public falls into the owners hands, by saying these "hip-hop thugs" are greedy and want way too much money!

Plus it doesn't take an dummy to be a sales assistant, however it takes 15 to 16 years of hard sweat, blood and tears (elem, jr. high, hs, college, semi, canada, arena) to make it to the league! And when you get there you second guess your decision plenty of times! IT's just human nature!

Plus, the talent pool - of the NFL - is very limited, in comparison to the world population and employees/jobs.

It's harder to make an NFL roster than to make a police squad, IMO. Think about something....this country gives 100's of 1000's of kids rifles, ever year, to go to war or just for military services. Now granted alot of those kids want to have a military career....however many of them would love to have gone to college, right out of hs. We can give 17 and 18 year-olds rifles, yet they're not good enough to recieve scholarships to play football...or basketball....or baseball....or academics for that matter! That says alot!

I just think different jobs pay different amounts of money for different reasons...and the NFL, NBA and MLB isn't any different!

Plus I think there are just conservative people in this world who feel the new generation of athlete is ghetto thugs who shouldn't be making more money than them, to simply play football or basketball!

"The answer to greed shouldn't be jealousy, should it?!!" - OnE

CLFalcon2006
11-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Adam Schefter an analyst from NFL.com has reported that the Eagles will deactivate TO after his suspension. Looks like this guy is done with the Eagles and done for the season.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Adam Schefter an analyst from NFL.com has reported that the Eagles will deactivate TO after his suspension. Looks like this guy is done with the Eagles and done for the season.

Ya I know.....good for both parties to seperate! I just wish they would've let him out of his sorry-a** contract, so that he could've signed somewhere else and perhaps gone into the playoffs with a solid team! Like Denver....or Atlanta!

Anyhow, we only know 1/8 of the real story! It's always like that!

zippy
11-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Well, I was thinking more of something other than a mom and pop store. More like a big time dealership like in San Antonio, where the owner makes millions compared to car salesmen that make 1k per week. Or other issues like this. Do you really think the NFL oweer net that amount however? They ticket, concession, and merchandise sales are very good, but they have to pay for each of these, and the player are like 90 percent of this. Do you think that owners profit more than players in the end? I find it difficult to believe. I am not the hip hop fan basher by any means. I was more focused on TO, who is just mad that he is not the big shot at Philly, and is now wishing he would have played for the Ravens. He doesnt want to win a SuperBowl, he wants to be the high priced star that gets his record posted on the big screen. Thats what gets to me. Then you have Westbrook, not only the entire running game, but also a very good W.R. who's pay was taken away from someone sitting at home watching monday night football cause he cant keep his mouth shut, and expects way too much. He is the "I" n team if there ever was one. Takes shots at McNabb, and Westbrook, cause they are great players taking the spotlight off TO. The only new generation thing I can think of is the pay that players in the NFL did get in the past. No relation of todays pay, and it was more fun to watch. I wish it would happen again. And no, no jealousy involved whatsoever. I am very happy putting in the hours you guys did, making a difference, loving my job, and getting paid 30K a year to do it.

A sales rep and an owner scenerio??! Ok! An owner of has a small store and employs a sales rep that works in it. The owner pulls down 68k, a year, while the salesman pulls down 28k! Convert that to the NFL, a team/owner pulls in 188 Mil a year and gets pissed when an athlete asks for 6.5 million! It's a joke! And the public falls into the owners hands, by saying these "hip-hop thugs" are greedy and want way too much money!

Plus it doesn't take an dummy to be a sales assistant, however it takes 15 to 16 years of hard sweat, blood and tears (elem, jr. high, hs, college, semi, canada, arena) to make it to the league! And when you get there you second guess your decision plenty of times! IT's just human nature!

Plus, the talent pool - of the NFL - is very limited, in comparison to the world population and employees/jobs.

It's harder to make an NFL roster than to make a police squad, IMO. Think about something....this country gives 100's of 1000's of kids rifles, ever year, to go to war or just for military services. Now granted alot of those kids want to have a military career....however many of them would love to have gone to college, right out of hs. We can give 17 and 18 year-olds rifles, yet they're not good enough to recieve scholarships to play football...or basketball....or baseball....or academics for that matter! That says alot!

I just think different jobs pay different amounts of money for different reasons...and the NFL, NBA and MLB isn't any different!

Plus I think there are just conservative people in this world who feel the new generation of athlete is ghetto thugs who shouldn't be making more money than them, to simply play football or basketball!

"The answer to greed shouldn't be jealousy, should it?!!" - OnE

southlake thug
11-07-2005, 11:40 PM
In another bold move by Philly upper management, they re-signed David Akers to a contract extension through 2010. Obviously they are sending some kind of message with the signing of Westbrook and Akers in back-to-back days. I guess it pays to be a team player.

IF you respect the organization, then they will re-pay you.

zippy
11-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Right on, that is what I am saying. I love it. I said before the season started that I would rather have Westbrook than TO. Now I get the addition of Akers as a bonus. Sweet..

In another bold move by Philly upper management, they re-signed David Akers to a contract extension through 2010. Obviously they are sending some kind of message with the signing of Westbrook and Akers in back-to-back days. I guess it pays to be a team player.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-08-2005, 08:13 AM

The orginization will get the respect they dish out! Again, you only know 1/8 of what has happened. You guys would be shocked to know the truth of what truly happens.

lonny23
11-08-2005, 10:14 AM
The orginization will get the respect they dish out! Again, you only know 1/8 of what has happened. You guys would be shocked to know the truth of what truly happens.
I think the Eagles are a dirtbag organization. I never did like Jeffrey Lurie! :mad: I know they've done T.O. wrong all the way around. They bought him for .50 on the dollar and weren't man enough to come back to the bargaining table to give him the money he deserves. They deserve ever last one of the problems T.O. has caused this year! :D

ThEgReAtOnE
11-08-2005, 11:14 AM
I think the Eagles are a dirtbag organization. I never did like Jeffrey Lurie! :mad: I know they've done T.O. wrong all the way around. They bought him for .50 on the dollar and weren't man enough to come back to the bargaining table to give him the money he deserves. They deserve ever last one of the problems T.O. has caused this year! :D

I swear, Lonny, you're my long lost brother! :D

I'm with you 100%!!!

Alot of fans only see what the media wants them to see, while the orginization masks everything else! They only know 1/8 of the truth!

southlake thug
11-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Most fans understand that alot goes on behind closed doors that never gets out. We understand, and accept it. I have heard some stories, that is how all proffesional sports are.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Most fans understand that alot goes on behind closed doors that never gets out. We understand, and accept it. I have heard some stories, that is how all proffesional sports are.

Not all professional sports are like that! Out of the 3 major sports (NBA, MLB, NFL) the NFL is the only league where your contract isn't gauraunteed! Now, what kind of respect lies within an orginization like that?! They can change or terminate your contract, as they wish! So why am I considered a ***** - as the athlete - when I decide that I am worth more money? If they can do it, so can I! And like any other job, they can give me what I think I deserve or we can seperate!

Hence....
The orginization gets the respect, that they give!

lonny23
11-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Not all professional sports are like that! Out of the 3 major sports (NBA, MLB, NFL) the NFL is the only league where your contract isn't gauraunteed! Now, what kind of respect lies within an orginization like that?! They can change or terminate your contract, as they wish! So why am I considered a ***** - as the athlete - when I decide that I am worth more money? If they can do it, so can I! And like any other job, they can give me what I think I deserve or we can seperate!

Hence....
That's why I'm with you on the football stuff. There are countless athletes in other sports that get paid good money while they're retired or injured. I always think of Johnny Be Good. They pull up to the gas station and see the crippled guy who was a star player in high school and got tossed to the side by Texas U. or whatever the college was called that was recruiting all the big-name kids. He got injured and they didn't want him anymore.

NFL players don't play as long as other athletes and they can get cut for nothing and need more job security. I stood firmly behind the owners in the NHL strike, but I agree with the players more in the NFL. The basketball players have a great deal and the baseball guys can't complain too much, either. Baseball players have the strongest union out there.

RPM
11-08-2005, 12:53 PM
those baseball players really take the cake..

in the end its all about the money..the boss dont want to pay up and the employee speaks up..and gets fired....

ThEgReAtOnE
11-08-2005, 01:13 PM
those baseball players really take the cake..

in the end its all about the money..the boss dont want to pay up and the employee speaks up..and gets fired....

That's about it! ;)

dragonfootballfan
11-08-2005, 02:54 PM

Hence....
the players signed the collective bargaining agreement. They didn't have to. They could have demanded garaunteed contracts.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-08-2005, 04:41 PM
the players signed the collective bargaining agreement. They didn't have to. They could have demanded garaunteed contracts.

Easier said than done! (That's just my NFL experience speaking!)

dragonfootballfan
11-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Easier said than done! (That's just my NFL experience speaking!)
I know it is easier said than done, but I have a problem with people arguing about contracts that they signed. That includes big corporations that have contracts with unions

ThEgReAtOnE
11-08-2005, 07:22 PM
I know it is easier said than done, but I have a problem with people arguing about contracts that they signed. That includes big corporations that have contracts with unions

I agree! It's hard to go back on what you've approved. However, I have said these contracts aren't as clear cut as they seem. Things are said, implied, assumed and promised, and none of that is in the fine print.

I think he started acting the way he did because some of those "undefined" said things were not realised. In other words he felt betrayed...or pissed on!

Anyhow, I see your side of the coin!

wide-e-wide
11-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Again.........screw T.O.

I signed a contract once...and you know what?...I wasn't always real freakin' pleased with it...but if I shagged *** or complained too much...they would court-martial my ***....

So guess what?...I had to suck it up.

And I wasn't making 9 million a year.

Give his *** a weapon and drop him in the hottest damn LZ in Iraq...see if he likes his contract after that. I bet he will be all smiles....and real damn quiet after that.

lonny23
11-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Again.........screw T.O.

I signed a contract once...and you know what?...I wasn't always real freakin' pleased with it...but if I shagged *** or complained too much...they would court-martial my ***....

Give his *** a weapon and drop him in the hottest damn LZ in Iraq...see if he likes his contract after that. I bet he will be all smiles....and real damn quiet after that.
I don't think the other side was very pleased either! I think they wanted to renegotiate! :p

wide-e-wide
11-08-2005, 07:45 PM
I don't think the other side was very pleased either! I think they wanted to renegotiate! :p

Send them too...
I'm sick of hearing about this obnoxious douchebag...

ThEgReAtOnE
11-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Again.........screw T.O.

That's good for you, bro....but in the same relation as the work place, if you had someone who worked at your job, and held the same position as you, yet you found out he was making 5 bucks more than you.....and you knew you did twice as much work as he did you would say something, wouldn't you?!

It's just human nature!!!!

When I was playing I wanted the appreciation of my teammates, and vice versa, but I also wanted to be compensated for my efforts....and if I knew Chris Spielman was making more money than I, yet I out-performed him, I would say, "Hey...I'm not being adequately compensated!"

These owners are crooks, and the funny thing is they're good at it. They mask the truth so that they can get the fans to talk about how greedy the athlete is, yet they sh** on players, when they know they could be doing more.

It's that car-salesman game! IT's just being played on the biggest lot in the world!

But yes...T.O. went about all of this the WRONG way!

wide-e-wide
11-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Or....or.....or.....

You could just be so much better than everyone else...that people will pay you whatever you want...companies will love you and want you to endorse their product...and America will love you.

or

You can be an absolute asshat...that alienates his teammates ...disrepects his BOSS...and gets tossed out on his tail...and then reads..(well attempts to read with his UT-Chattanooga education) a weak statement because he just realized he is about to lose 800 large and can't stand it.

Where the hell is George Teague when you need him?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/bogthekid/TO111.jpg

I'M WITH STUPID ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ThEgReAtOnE
11-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Or....or.....or.....

You could just be so much better than everyone else...that people will pay you whatever you want...companies will love you and want you to endorse their product...and America will love you.

or

You can be an absolute asshat...that alienates his teammates ...disrepects his BOSS...and gets tossed out on his tail...and then reads..(well attempts to read with his UT-Chattanooga education) a weak statement because he just realized he is about to lose 800 large and can't stand it.

Where the hell is George Teague when you need him?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/bogthekid/TO111.jpg

I'M WITH STUPID ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hilarious! But a T.O. shouldn't have to come to the Eagles and wait 2 ro 3 years, with a bullsh** contract, for him to get THAT big contract! He is, without doubt, the best reciever the Eagles have had in a LONG....LONGGGG time! And he is without doubt one of the Top 10, if not Top 5, players in the NFL!

They should of offered him a "straight up contract", right off the bat!

wide-e-wide
11-08-2005, 08:18 PM
So did they hold a 9mm to his head and make him sign the original contract?

ThEgReAtOnE
11-08-2005, 08:34 PM
So did they hold a 9mm to his head and make him sign the original contract?

No....they said "Goodluck with Kyle "Should of been a Bowler" Boeller!" and he quickly jumped, beating them to the pen! ;) :D

southlake thug
11-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Fred Barnett was the best Eagles receiver of all time. He was a true team player through and through.

wide-e-wide
11-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Fred Barnett was the best Eagles receiver of all time. He was a true team player through and through.

What about #17 Harold Carmichael?
or Mike Quick?

southlake thug
11-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Yeah Barnett wasn't even that good. I just really liked him.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-09-2005, 08:07 AM

The guy played like 5 years (and only 3 were productive) with the Eagles, if he's the greatest Eagle receiver of all time the Eagles legacy is in trouble.

Fred was decent, but if Owens had played the same amount of time there would be no comparison...at all!

But he was a great team player! That says alot, respectfully!

lonny23
11-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Send them too...
I'm sick of hearing about this obnoxious douchebag...
I was talking about the contract you signed and the Navy wanting to renegotiate! :p

lonny23
11-09-2005, 09:27 AM
What about #17 Harold Carmichael?
or Mike Quick?
Harold was better than Fred ever thought about being.

southlake thug
11-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Without a doubt Carmichael was better, but Fred was the man back in the day. He was one of those players that your whole family likes and is the favorite.