PDA

View Full Version : ET has a Superman too! Stetson Smith

TrinityTrojan80
08-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Fall 2007
For all of you who do not know, Stetson was one of two QB's going into 2007 season fighting for the position. Denarious McGee won the job, Stetson moved on to WR and to my surprise won a starting position. He did nothing all year but catch the ball almost every time it was thrown to him. In 2007 Stetson was listed at 5'11" and 181lbs. (note that Trinity takes Hts & wt in the springtime)

Spring 2008
As of the spring of 2008 ,this is just my observation, but it looks like with the depth and talent we have especially at WR this year he has been asked to move to FB. He looked like he was meant to play FB, at that time I would say he was 6'0" and 201lbs. Stetson is a great example of a guy that takes coaching, weight training, and leadership seriously! I don't want to be out of line here because we have many guys that are great examples as well!

Fall 2008
Stetson looks like he could play LB if they asked him to. I see many good players getting some work at FB but rested assured, Stetson will not complain and will take the field at any position he is asked to play. I'm not sure if he gained anymore in height, but I suspect he is 210 lbs by now. (since Trinity never takes the Hts& wt in their SR year we will not know his true size for his SR year):D

QB, FB, WR, LB, DB you might see him at any of these positions! What great insurance in case we need him a key position.:notworthy

P.S. I am not related to him, I an just a long-time Trinity fans that sees a player that has exhibited the ultimate example of humility and puts the team ahead of himself.

Superman, maybe, maybe not, but he looks like Superman!

Trojan4653
08-19-2008, 10:30 PM
You hit the nail on the head 80. This kid is an athlete that the coaching staff has known from the beginning that he needs to be on the field and will do what is asked of him. I have had the pleasure of knowing Stetson since his 7th grade. He is the finest of character, mind and spirit.

He is going to have a great year, and in an earlier post, I mentioned that we had a real triple threat at FB. Coupled with Tray, they will stack up with ANY backfield. He will prove to be the class of player that 5A will wonder where he came from.

And the really surprising thing, he is only ONE of many on this team.

FeeltheHaka
08-20-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm excited to watch him play this year! I know last summer, he was religiously busting his rear end in the weight room and on the track every day. I was not around this summer, but if I know better he was there!

TrinityTrojan80
08-20-2008, 06:12 PM
You hit the nail on the head 80. This kid is an athlete that the coaching staff has known from the beginning that he needs to be on the field and will do what is asked of him. I have had the pleasure of knowing Stetson since his 7th grade. He is the finest of character, mind and spirit.

He is going to have a great year, and in an earlier post, I mentioned that we had a real triple threat at FB. Coupled with Tray, they will stack up with ANY backfield. He will prove to be the class of player that 5A will wonder where he came from.

And the really surprising thing, he is only ONE of many on this team.

Thanks gonna be a great backfield!

Plano Wildcat Fan
08-20-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm sure he's nice player. I'll take Burkhead though!!

The Superman lable is copyrighted for 08 season to Mr. Burkhead and cannot be used without expressed writted concent from the PISD.

Please refrain from the Superman lable:D

Trojan4653
08-20-2008, 11:30 PM

The Superman lable is copyrighted for 08 season to Mr. Burkhead and cannot be used without expressed writted concent from the PISD.

:rolleyes:

stinger
08-21-2008, 07:26 AM

Let's see who does the flying if they meet again. I think Stetson Smith will be the one emerging from a phone booth. Don't forget what Trinity did to Lott and Burkhead last year. They have the same group plus some more returning this year.

TrojanHorse03
08-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Let's see who does the flying if they meet again. I think Stetson Smith will be the one emerging from a phone booth. Don't forget what Trinity did to Lott and Burkhead last year. They have the same group plus some more returning this year.
Both sides made great plays in that game, though one sides plays from that game seem to get less mention.

Plano Wildcat Fan
08-21-2008, 08:44 AM

Yeah Burkhead had 158 yards rushing & you double & tripled teamed Lott and allowed Davis to have 125 yards receiving & 2 touchdowns & had he not been hurt and been available in the 4th quarter things would of been a bit different

theTrutHurts
08-21-2008, 09:50 AM
It's really difficult to catch the ball when you're wide open because your running game is one of the best in the state. The Trinity coaching staff does do a good job mixing in the play-action pass and getting the WRs/TE/FB, but it is the physical running game that opens this aspect of the game for the Trojans. Have you been to a game and seen how wide open they get????

I'm sure they will throw in a few trick plays with him as he can throw the ball, and they have this luxury due to their talented defense and good running game.

Still experimenting with the spread?

I would imagine #29 and the line will dominate any game this year as long as he can stay healthy.......

Plano is a good team, and I hope to see a rematch in the playoffs

TrojanHorse03
08-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah Burkhead had 158 yards rushing & you double & tripled teamed Lott and allowed Davis to have 125 yards receiving & 2 touchdowns & had he not been hurt and been available in the 4th quarter things would of been a bit different

:laugh Had Eryon Barnett even played, especially for those jump balls it would of been a different story. Thats ok only 182 yards passing and 3 ints without him. "superman" didn't even score and let's not forget those 3rd downs.

T's UP 93
08-21-2008, 10:36 AM
:laugh Had Eryon Barnett even played, especially for those jump balls it would of been a different story. Thats ok only 182 yards passing and 3 ints without him. "superman" didn't even score and let's not forget those 3rd downs.

VERY WELL PUT!!!!!!!!!!!HAKAAAAAAAAAA!!

theTrutHurts
08-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Barnett......saw his highlights on Rivals....didn't show much

He is a tall corner though I suppose which is why Texas has offered him

Don't be comparing Smith to Burkhead

Robinson and Burkhead.....that's a comparison

Robinson going to Nebraska correct?.....if he can make grades & test scores

TrojanHorse03
08-21-2008, 11:02 AM
For the record the only football player I refer to as Superman is Vincent Young.

stinger
08-21-2008, 11:20 AM

Check the video again. if he was double and triple teamed, why wasn't the ball thrown to another receiver? Burkhead did very well with 158 yards, but how about the Trinity backs,,,,a lot more against a defense that stated they could stop anything.

stinger
08-21-2008, 11:22 AM

EXACTLY!!! That is what i was referring to when we heard that they would stop anything...they just didn't.:notworthy

stinger
08-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Barnett......saw his highlights on Rivals....didn't show much

He is a tall corner though I suppose which is why Texas has offered him

Don't be comparing Smith to Burkhead

Robinson and Burkhead.....that's a comparison

Robinson going to Nebraska correct?.....if he can make grades & test scores

You really are judging that Texas took him only because of his being tall???? I think not. Check out what Smith is able to accomplish in tandem with Robinson. They BOTH have hands as good as any at Plano. And they are backs.
Why the comment about Robinsin and grades/test scores at Nebraska? Do you know his GPA, grades, etc? No! Would they recruit him if he was not capable of being eligible? No! That is a direction you really don't want to go. In addition, it isn't a topic that is really appropriate when talking about a football game.

rich_pack
08-21-2008, 12:22 PM
how bout we just say every team has a superman and be done with it.

da wiz
08-21-2008, 12:30 PM

its unfortunate that davis got hurt, he showed a lot of HEART, because everytime he came across the middle to make catches, he got pummelled,
he held on to the ball but the paid dearly, buy one of the hardest hitting
defenses in texas..............

farmerfan
08-21-2008, 04:54 PM

There ya go PWF, he's back in full swing making his excuses. :notworthy:D

Plano Wildcat Fan
08-21-2008, 06:55 PM
There ya go PWF, he's back in full swing making his excuses. :notworthy:D

Don't go their. I wish I had a dollar for every whine & excuse you made about Lewisville when Plano would whip up on you guys year after year.:D:D

farmerfan
08-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Don't go their. I wish I had a dollar for every whine & excuse you made about Lewisville when Plano would whip up on you guys year after year.:D:D

You wouldn't be able to affored the toll on the Tollway from Frisco to Plano if you did that.
Never ever have I made an excuse as to why we lost to Plano, now you, well, nough said, we all know what we need to know about you my friend :eek::D
Plus, we've taken 4 of the last 6 from you all. Too bad Brence got scared and sick of losing and finally dropped us from the non-district schedule

grayowl60
08-21-2008, 07:57 PM
You wouldn't be able to affored the toll on the Tollway from Frisco to Plano if you did that.
Never ever have I made an excuse as to why we lost to Plano, now you, well, nough said, we all know what we need to know about you my friend :eek::D
Plus, we've taken 4 of the last 6 from you all. Too bad Brence got scared and sick of losing and finally dropped us from the non-district schedule:eek:

theTrutHurts
09-25-2008, 11:33 PM
You really are judging that Texas took him only because of his being tall???? I think not. Check out what Smith is able to accomplish in tandem with Robinson. They BOTH have hands as good as any at Plano. And they are backs.
Why the comment about Robinsin and grades/test scores at Nebraska? Do you know his GPA, grades, etc? No! Would they recruit him if he was not capable of being eligible? No! That is a direction you really don't want to go. In addition, it isn't a topic that is really appropriate when talking about a football game.

Tall corners with good hips that can run are hard to come by....we will see what type of player he truly is in college

A lot of players are recruited and offered and do not ever play at the school they committed to due to test scores. However, you can take the tests several times and prepare, but some people have more intellectual ability than others. Why hasn't Trinity had numerous and i mean numerous D-1 commits??? Think about that.

And I'm sure that many on the board can attest that someone they know has had an offer but couldn't make grades/test scores

I do wish him luck though in all that he does.

stinger
09-26-2008, 06:49 AM
Tall corners with good hips that can run are hard to come by....we will see what type of player he truly is in college

A lot of players are recruited and offered and do not ever play at the school they committed to due to test scores. However, you can take the tests several times and prepare, but some people have more intellectual ability than others. Why hasn't Trinity had numerous and i mean numerous D-1 commits??? Think about that.

And I'm sure that many on the board can attest that someone they know has had an offer but couldn't make grades/test scores

I do wish him luck though in all that he does.

Test scores....football ability. When was that a test question ? Besides,,,,Stetson will have the bgrades and scores to go anywhere he wants.
This was not even started about test scores...but you try and add a little mud to the water...typical.

trojanbacker
09-26-2008, 08:03 AM
As much as I like Stetson and how his skills fit into our system, to compare him with Burkhead is....well, look at the numbers....

Stetson: rush - 6/46
rec - 6/128
0 TDs

Burkhead: rush - 101/711
rec - 9/126
15 TDs

Yes, I realize Burkhead has played one more game than Stetson.

I love what Stetson brings to the team, but come on......

And now I await the next round of comments which will be along the lines of "but numbers don't tell the whole story...." I understand that; I just tend to look at things that are quantifiable.

stinger
09-26-2008, 08:34 AM
As much as I like Stetson and how his skills fit into our system, to compare him with Burkhead is....well, look at the numbers....

rec - 6/128
0 TDs

rec - 9/126
15 TDs

And now I await the next round of comments which will be along the lines of "but numbers don't tell the whole story...." I understand that; I just tend to look at things that are quantifiable.

Close in ability...but Plano needs Burkhead much m,ore often thanTrinity needs to utilize Stetson. Campare the stats in equal time and they are relevant.

trojanbacker
09-26-2008, 08:40 AM
I don't know any other way to measure ability on the field than to look at the numbers. Burkhead is probably going to be the 5A Offensive Player of the Year (depending on how far Plano goes). To say that Stetson Smith is not Rex Burkhead is not an insult. Very few players in the U.S. are Rex Burkhead.

I'm satisfied knowing that Stetson is on our team and will make a ton of great plays this year. He is one of those role players that make this team click.

TrojanHorse03
09-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Close in ability...but Plano needs Burkhead much more often than Trinity needs to utilize Stetson.

x2.

TheScout
09-26-2008, 03:50 PM

rec - 6/128
0 TDs

rec - 9/126
15 TDs

If you look at quantifiable numbers then you cant ignore that Stetson has a higher average in attempts for both. Trinity just uses some else to punch it in. Now make more excuses.

Stetson avg

run 7.66 yds per run
rec 21.3 yds per catch

Rex avg

run 7.03 yds per run
rec 14.0 yds a catch

slcdragonfan
09-26-2008, 03:59 PM
If you look at quantifiable numbers then you cant ignore that Stetson has a higher average in attempts for both. Trinity just uses some else to punch it in. Now make more excuses.

Stetson avg

run 7.66 yds per run
rec 21.3 yds per catch

Rex avg

run 7.03 yds per run
rec 14.0 yds a catch

In statistics, you are supposed to have a minimum sample size to perform statistical comparisons. I would contend that the sample size is much larger for Mr. Burkhead than it is for Mr. Smith. (because someone posted it earlier in this thread!).

Stetson is certainly good, but why try to compare him with Burkhead? I think it does them both a disservice. Both do what is required of them by their team.

After watching that game last night, I have to say that I think Burkhead is a 5A MVP player. His stats would be even better if he played the whole game because with his conditioning, he gets better as the game wears the defenders out.

trojanbacker
09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Why would I make any excuses? Based on your reasoning, if a player comes off the bench and has one carry in a season for 50 yards, based on yards per carry, he is a better player than someone who gains 2,000 yards in a season but only averages 8 yards a carry. How can anyone argue with that logic?

I think I'll stick with my original statement which is that Stetson is a great role player for Trinity and I'm glad he's on our team. Care to counter that?

TheScout
09-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Why would I make any excuses? Based on your reasoning, if a player comes off the bench and has one carry in a season for 50 yards, based on yards per carry, he is a better player than someone who gains 2,000 yards in a season but only averages 8 yards a carry. How can anyone argue with that logic?

I think I'll stick with my original statement which is that Stetson is a great role player for Trinity and I'm glad he's on our team. Care to counter that?

I was being sarcastic to you saying that "numbers are everything". You just proved my point. Care to counter that?:eek:

TrojanFan4Life
09-27-2008, 08:56 AM
WOW!! Really guys - I think this thread is a little silly (just like I think the Rex is Superman - wait Moses - threads are silly) - Rex Burkhead is very good - he can be superman if he wants (but I agree with Trojanbacker - Vince is the true superman and I just don't see Rex playing at his level) - Stetson can be Batman, Aquaman or any other "man" - but the reality is ... both do what they are asked to do - Stop Burkhead - stop Plano - Stop Stetson - here comes someone else. I think what impresses me the most about Stetson is his ability to play ANY where - he is a tremendous athlete and a great kid!

Stop trying to label 16-17-18 year old kids as SUPERMAN.

The guy that is very impressive to me is Tevin Williams - as a sophmore he has great maturity, football knowledge and some moves - watching him for the next 3 years is going to be FUN!

TheScout
09-27-2008, 04:41 PM
WOW!! Really guys - I think this thread is a little silly (just like I think the Rex is Superman - wait Moses - threads are silly) - Rex Burkhead is very good - he can be superman if he wants (but I agree with Trojanbacker - Vince is the true superman and I just don't see Rex playing at his level) - Stetson can be Batman, Aquaman or any other "man" - but the reality is ... both do what they are asked to do - Stop Burkhead - stop Plano - Stop Stetson - here comes someone else. I think what impresses me the most about Stetson is his ability to play ANY where - he is a tremendous athlete and a great kid!

The guy that is very impressive to me is Tevin Williams - as a sophmore he has great maturity, football knowledge and some moves - watching him for the next 3 years is going to be FUN!

ditto

Trojan4653
09-27-2008, 09:57 PM
In statistics, you are supposed to have a minimum sample size to perform statistical comparisons. I would contend that the sample size is much larger for Mr. Burkhead than it is for Mr. Smith. (because someone posted it earlier in this thread!).

Stetson is certainly good, but why try to compare him with Burkhead? I think it does them both a disservice. Both do what is required of them by their team.

After watching that game last night, I have to say that I think Burkhead is a 5A MVP player. His stats would be even better if he played the whole game because with his conditioning, he gets better as the game wears the defenders out.

Hmmmmm...not what I remember:rolleyes::D

Trojan4653
09-27-2008, 10:01 PM

:notworthy:notworthy

Plano Wildcat Fan
09-27-2008, 10:36 PM
:notworthy:notworthy

You trinity guys crack me up. your so concerned about down playing burkhead and how nicknames are silly and are carried away and how he won't be able to compete on the next level blah, blah blah.

You guys got to get a sense of humor and lighten up.

I think deep down inside your scared that peanut BRITTLE Robinson gets injured again and you have to rely on a soph more RB to defend your title.

TheScout
09-27-2008, 11:42 PM
You trinity guys crack me up. your so concerned about down playing burkhead and how nicknames are silly and are carried away and how he won't be able to compete on the next level blah, blah blah.

You guys got to get a sense of humor and lighten up.

I think deep down inside your scared that peanut BRITTLE Robinson gets injured again and you have to rely on a soph more RB to defend your title.

There are 7 other rb's that would step up for Trinity. A couple are possibly even better, but with Plano, if Rex goes down, then yes, so do your title hopes. I think you know that.

stinger
09-28-2008, 09:19 AM
There are 7 other rb's that would step up for Trinity. A couple are possibly even better, but with Plano,
if Rex goes down, then yes, so do your title hopes. I think you know that.

That is an absolute fact. If Rex goes down, it's over/\. Recal last year when Lott could barely move the second half. The package quickly gets unwrapped if Rex is out (hope it doesn't happen. Then people will say that Trinity couldn't beat a Plano with Rex not hurt.
On the flip side, Lineweaver is using Robinson sparingly now to be ready fro the part of the season that matters for the title. That part becomes more and more improtant later in the season. It is certain that at the end of the year Robinson will be much fresher than Burkhead, with experience. Look at what he did last year, plenty of yards, receptions, and touchdowns. Time will tell, but my money is on the team that has several quality backs that havde the experience and ability to start for ANY other team. They belong to Trinity.

Plano Wildcat Fan
09-28-2008, 11:22 AM
[/html]

That is an absolute fact. If Rex goes down, it's over/\. Recal last year when Lott could barely move the second half. The package quickly gets unwrapped if Rex is out (hope it doesn't happen. Then people will say that Trinity couldn't beat a Plano with Rex not hurt.
On the flip side, Lineweaver is using Robinson sparingly now to be ready fro the part of the season that matters for the title. That part becomes more and more improtant later in the season. It is certain that at the end of the year Robinson will be much fresher than Burkhead, with experience. Look at what he did last year, plenty of yards, receptions, and touchdowns. Time will tell, but my money is on the team that has several quality backs that havde the experience and ability to start for ANY other team. They belong to Trinity.

You can't count on Robinson for the entire season. How many games has he played and how many has he been out? Heck he got hurt in the Plano game if I remember correctly and didn't play the 2nd half and he has already been hurt this year.

Burkhead is a physical freak. He is in such great condition and so far this year he is averaging less than 20 touches a game. He only had 13 rushes against East last week. As a previous poster noted he gets stronger as the game goes on. He has never missed a game due to injury and his Soph year playing QB he was getting banged up pretty good.

I'll take a Burkhead as a Senior to make a big play in the 4th quarter against anyone in the state. Plus Plano's passing game (Meger) is much more polished than last year, which makes Burkhead even more dangerous.

I will agree if Burkhead can't play due to some unforeseen issue then it would make Plano's road MUCH, MUCH tougher.

TrojanHorse03
09-28-2008, 11:23 AM

+1.

TrojanHorse03
09-28-2008, 11:34 AM
You can't count on Robinson for the entire season. How many games has he played and how many has he been out? Heck he got hurt in the Plano game if I remember correctly and didn't play the 2nd half and he has already been hurt this year.

I also seem to remember him scoring a touchdown in that game something Superman couldn't do. When we do have him one would be downright foolish to underestimate his contributions running, blocking, and catching ;). However as we proved last year and is the case this year as well Trinity doesn't have to lean on Robinson to win.

Plano Wildcat Fan
09-28-2008, 11:40 AM
I also seem to remember him scoring a touchdown in that game something Superman couldn't do. When we do have him one would be downright foolish to underestimate his contributions running, blocking, and catching ;). However as we proved last year and is the case this year as well Trinity doesn't have to lean on Robinson to win.

You made my point when you said "when you have him". No doubt he is a great talent but is often injured and not 100%. You can't say that with Burkhead.

Last year you had a senior RB that was the #1 back this year you have a soph who is considered #2 back behind Robinson. I don't care how good the soph is it's hard to replace a 2000 yard senior rusher come playoff time. The key to your offense isn't your RB's its your QB. He is the one that makes the O go.

TrojanHorse03
09-28-2008, 11:47 AM
LOL, so interested in speculating about Trinity. You know we'll focus on Plano if we get there, and we can see how Trinity and it's running game and offense will do then. We can bump the thread and see who's right then but for now Trinity's focus is on a dangerous and potent Fossil Ridge team.

Plano Wildcat Fan
09-28-2008, 12:27 PM
LOL, so interested in speculating about Trinity. You know we'll focus on Plano if we get there, and we can see how Trinity and it's running game and offense will do then. We can bump the thread and see who's right then but for now Trinity's focus is on a dangerous and potent Fossil Ridge team.

Hell, Your the one on the thread trying to play up your RB's against Burkhead.

Trinity's system creates the RB's. The QB is the one that makes it go. You know that.

stinger
09-28-2008, 12:35 PM

Burkhead is a physical freak. He is in such great condition and so far this year he is averaging less than 20 touches a game. He only had 13 rushes against East last week. As a previous poster noted he gets stronger as the game goes on. He has never missed a game due to injury and his Soph year playing QB he was getting banged up pretty good.

I'll take a Burkhead as a Senior to make a big play in the 4th quarter against anyone in the state. Plus Plano's passing game (Meger) is much more polished than last year, which makes Burkhead even more dangerous.

I will agree if Burkhead can't play due to some unforeseen issue then it would make Plano's road MUCH, MUCH tougher.

Take what you want. Burkhead remembers well the game last year. He remembers how hard he was hit and how slow he got up. He remembers that Trinity did not fold when the bad call GAVE the ball to Plano. He rememers that Trinity can do it when they need to. What he can't remember is that this year's team is improving to meet or beat the standard left by their successors. Many of those played against him last year, and have a reminder waiting.
Robinson has not been as much of a factor this year, true. But 5 other backs have. Can Plano say that....nope. Trinity has at least five receivers that have been a factor this year, can Plano say that....nope. Trinity has a second quarterback, if nesessary ( Smith), he can do as well as McGhee. Can Plano say that....nope. Trinity has showed that they can score from multiple areas and distances, whenever necessarry. They have been there whenever called for.
Let,s see the true numbers for Burkhead, I haven't looked.
Again, Trinity doesn't need the number of snaps for ANY back that they have. There are so many styles, sizes, and techniques in the backfield available to utilize. any and all are consistently fresh when called in.
I will agree that burkhead is the real deal, but what would be left if the unforseen happens? It wouldn't be pretty. I can look up names to back up the Trinity issue, what are Plano's players that can step up and keep it happebing?

TrojanHorse03
09-28-2008, 12:38 PM

Trinity's system creates the RB's. The QB is the one that makes it go. You know that.

Why do you keep talking about Trinity? Have you just penciled Plano in to state? You know absolutely nothing about Trinity. Trinity's offensive line makes it go. But Trinity relies on it entire team for success, not individuals something you don't seem to get.

stinger
09-28-2008, 12:40 PM
You made my point when you said "when you have him". No doubt he is a great talent but is often injured and not 100%. You can't say that with Burkhead.

Last year you had a senior RB that was the #1 back this year you have a soph who is considered #2 back behind Robinson. I don't care how good the soph is it's hard to replace a 2000 yard senior rusher come playoff time. The key to your offense isn't your RB's its your QB. He is the one that makes the O go.

Simplemath, buddy. Not a 2000 yard rusher,,,just 2 or more 1000 yard rushers, which are fresher, more diverse in style, etc.

Plano Wildcat Fan
09-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Why do you keep talking about Trinity? Have you just penciled Plano in to state? You know absolutely nothing about Trinity. Trinity's offensive line makes it go. But Trinity relies on it entire team for success, not individuals.

Nope, I am pretty confident though of a 2nd round or region final waiting at TS.

I forgot you had indepth knowledge of Plano's team, coaching staff and system.

stinger
09-28-2008, 12:43 PM

As you say...Hell Right,,,and creating 20+ yard per catch receivers. Which way do you want it? How do you capitalize on either one when both are possible?

stinger
09-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Nope, I am pretty confident though of a 2nd round or region final waiting at TS.

Really? You haven't proved that you do. Descriptive and colorful terms are n ot facts either.

jbusch
09-28-2008, 01:19 PM
I also seem to remember him scoring a touchdown in that game something Superman couldn't do. When we do have him one would be downright foolish to underestimate his contributions running, blocking, and catching ;). However as we proved last year and is the case this year as well Trinity doesn't have to lean on Robinson to win. Hey TH3 I know you are trying to be polite and have Lineweaver type mercy on an inferior opponet but don't hold back on this one. Tray scored 2 touchdowns against Plano - 1 rushing 1 receiving ;)

Plano Wildcat Fan
09-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Hey TH3 I know you are trying to be polite and have Lineweaver type mercy on an inferior opponet but don't hold back on this one. Tray scored 2 touchdowns against Plano - 1 rushing 1 receiving ;)

Then he quickly left the game injured. He is great running back that is hurt 50% of the time. Rex you can count on 100% of time. including return punts, throwing TDs, Returning Kickoff's stopping 2 point conversions and taking it 100 yards the other way, catching TD's. If their is a way to score Burkhead can do it. Not sure if Mr. Robinson is as multi-dimensional as Mr. Burkhead.

Your right Plano is inferior to TT. You guys are #1 in the nation and you beat us straight last year. What do you have to worry about. Our defense is porous.

TrojanHorse03
09-28-2008, 03:05 PM
When Plano played Trinity, Robinson put 2 scores on the board for a Trinity win, Rex had none in a Plano loss. You can have Rex, and we're happy to have Tray and all our boys, end of discussion.

Plano Wildcat Fan
09-28-2008, 03:08 PM
When Plano played Trinity, Robinson put 2 scores on the board for a Trinity win, Rex had none in a Plano loss. You can have Rex, and we're happy to have Tray and all our boys, end of discussion.

You lose that deal. I would happily take Burkhead over Robinson anyday regardless if he scored two TD's or not.

TrojanHorse03
09-28-2008, 03:08 PM
You lose that deal. I would happily take Burkhead over Robinson anyday regardless if he scored two TD's or not.

No we didn't.

Plano Wildcat Fan
09-28-2008, 03:11 PM
No we didn't.

We'll see how the season progresses. What's the odd's of Robinson getting hurt sometime before the playoffs start? 50/50?

All kidding aside how are his stats this year so far? Did he not sign at Nebraska already? Burkhead took a second visit their 2 weeks ago. It would be funny if they both ended up as teammates.

TrojanFan4Life
09-28-2008, 04:48 PM
We'll see how the season progresses. What's the odd's of Robinson getting hurt sometime before the playoffs start? 50/50?

All kidding aside how are his stats this year so far? Did he not sign at Nebraska already? Burkhead took a second visit their 2 weeks ago. It would be funny if they both ended up as teammates.

Don't think they can sign anything before the official college signing day - but he is a verbal committ.

Last year Tray's was injured in our last game of the season - he tried to come back too early and often down plays his injuries so he can get back in there - with the history of not being entirely up front about how bad he hurts and not really needing him for Allen - he sat out that game - He was back in full swing last week against Keller and will be here all season.

Last year - broken leg - had surgery over the summer - good to go this year.
This year - shoulder - and missed one game.

I think you shouldn't talk about things of which you have limited knowledge.

stinger
09-28-2008, 05:29 PM

Are you the typical Plano Fan? Counting your chickens this early? Wow talk about overconfidence.

You are the one spouting off about how much you know about Trinity, Robinson, etc. You only talk about ONE, and only ONE player on the Plano team. Do you think he can make up for all eleven others if they make mistakes? He wasn't about to carry the team last year, but you insist he is the team this year. If you need proof, just read your past posts.
Let's hear the rest of Plano. Are they already in the playoff late rounds right now??:Censor::Censor:

stinger
09-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Then he quickly left the game injured. He is great running back that is hurt 50% of the time. Rex you can count on 100% of time. including return punts, throwing TDs, Returning Kickoff's stopping 2 point conversions and taking it 100 yards the other way, catching TD's. If their is a way to score Burkhead can do it. Not sure if Mr. Robinson is as multi-dimensional as Mr. Burkhead.

Your right Plano is inferior to TT. You guys are #1 in the nation and you beat us straight last year. What do you have to worry about. Our defense is porous.

Now I know how full of it you really are. Robinson played the entire season last year ub\ntil late in the final game. He came in late in the playoffs, was still in rhythm, and busted the Plano defense for 2,that's TWO scores and left early. Just for comparison...Burkhead scored how many in a whole game?

Robinson doesn't have to be used so much (you call it multi-dimensional) as Burkhead. Trinity has other people that can step in and contribute well. Haven't seen that with Plano.

Trojan4653
09-28-2008, 08:46 PM

Check your math! He played the entire regular season and came back from a broken leg to beat yall. He could have played at Allen if the coaching staff had thought it necessary.

da hawaiian
09-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Both players are great in their own right and within their respective schemes.

I will say this. Burkhead has that IT quality about him when he touches that ball. From testimony of kids who defended him last year they each will attest to his amazing strength for someone who's only 200lbs. He's got great change of pace and direction and he does it at full tilt, and he's shown over and over how well he finds openings and just explodes thru them.

Last year Eric Fielo showed the best place to slow him down is at the handoff, because once he gets going and gets into the secondary, he's an opponents worst nightmare.

Few players make me as nervous as watching Burkhead running free in the secondary. The other is Carson Meagher.

Now I will say this about Mr Smith. He's Mr Clutch. He wont flinch under pressure, and he's shown over and over he's simply ICE when folks in the stands have given up hope. He may not have the tangibles of other great players, but he's as steady and ready as they come. He's our goto guy because he's always coming down with the big catch or the big run, I thank Carroll everyday for letting one of their preccious clones end up in Euless for our poor little football program. :)

HakaPoppa12
10-01-2008, 12:22 AM

I remember a cold december night less than a year ago when Burkhead was less than super. Berkhead wore out Superman doesn't. When you needed him most he didn't show. Smith on the other hand, well can you say State Champion??:cool:

HakaPoppa12
10-01-2008, 12:26 AM

If Plain Ole makes it we will see what Lott does against a healthy Eryon Barnett!:ninja: