North Crowley vs Mansfield Summit
Richland vs Granbury
Weatherford vs The Colony
Abilene vs FW Dunbar

Who wins ?

:confused:

Plano West Wolf
08-19-2008, 09:30 PM
I would hardly consider myself an expert on these teams, so don't quote me or anything.

Burleson vs Arlington Seguin
Haltom vs Irving Nimitz
Paschel vs Arlington Houston
Richland vs Granbury
Abilene vs FW Dunbar

Empire strikes back
08-19-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't know about the rest, but all I know is, that Abilene High is going to win that game.

__________________________________________________ _______

Mess With The Best, Die Like The Rest

exlobo
08-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Haltom vs Irving Nimitz
Richland vs Granbury
Abilene vs FW Dunbar

Who wins ?

Haltom vs Irving Nimitz
Richland vs Granbury
Abilene vs FW Dunbar

I would also like to hear from some of the fans from the different schools in district 3-5A on who they have coming back and any play makers we should expect to see this year:)

exlobo
08-19-2008, 11:35 PM
BigGolfDaddy who do you pick?:D

biggolfdad
08-24-2008, 07:45 PM
I think Burleson, Irving Nimitz, Richland, The Colony, Arlington Houston, North Crowley, and Abilene win in week 0. I would like to hear from some of the other 3-5A fans to see how they think their teams will finish in week 0.

exlobo
08-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Looks like we are wasting our breath BigGolfDad.............the other schools appear to be in the quiet mode:(

exlobo
08-24-2008, 09:43 PM
BigGolfDad you are an Abilene Guy.............Did you make their scrimmage Friday night? If so, How did they look especially on the offensive side of the ball........any surprise players?:confused:

elkfbfan
08-25-2008, 10:16 AM
My picks are Burleson, Haltom( no idea really on this one), Arlington Houston( this is a matchup of 2 teams that were winless last year), Summit, Richland, Weatherford( just a gut feeling, no idea how good the Colony is), and Abilene.
North Crowley is always athletic, but the last two years they haven't played well; Richland won the national 7 on 7 tournament, should be a playoff team- not sure how 7on 7 translates to them in real 11 on 11 football. Burleson h lost a whole lot of starters, only 3 starters back total- the junior class is very talented, how quickly will they adapt to varsity game speed is the key. The last 3 years the Elks have lost to Arl. Seguin in the opening game, should of won all 3 talent & depth wise- but for some reason they didn't play well; I think that will change Friday night- a win will help give the juniors confidence. Abilene is the clear favorite in the district, the rest of the teams will try to stay humble and hope the Eagles come in overconfident:D-seriously, if they lose a district game it will be a huge upset. But that's why the games are played on the field, not on paper.

AHSeagles
08-25-2008, 02:10 PM
I think Abilene is the only 3-5A school that wins in week 0. But, I don't know anything about anyone else.:D

biggolfdad
08-25-2008, 05:12 PM
BigGolfDad you are an Abilene Guy.............Did you make their scrimmage Friday night? If so, How did they look especially on the offensive side of the ball........any surprise players?:confused:

I was working the Booster Club table and did not get to see any of the scrimmage. People that I talked to said that the Eagles looked ok. Still some work to do on timing, etc. They said the defense looked pretty salty. Abilene won the scrimmage 3TD to 1TD against Copperas Cove. Copperas Cove also looked ok.

;)

biggolfdad
08-25-2008, 05:18 PM
My picks are Burleson, Haltom( no idea really on this one), Arlington Houston( this is a matchup of 2 teams that were winless last year), Summit, Richland, Weatherford( just a gut feeling, no idea how good the Colony is), and Abilene.
North Crowley is always athletic, but the last two years they haven't played well; Richland won the national 7 on 7 tournament, should be a playoff team- not sure how 7on 7 translates to them in real 11 on 11 football. Burleson h lost a whole lot of starters, only 3 starters back total- the junior class is very talented, how quickly will they adapt to varsity game speed is the key. The last 3 years the Elks have lost to Arl. Seguin in the opening game, should of won all 3 talent & depth wise- but for some reason they didn't play well; I think that will change Friday night- a win will help give the juniors confidence. Abilene is the clear favorite in the district, the rest of the teams will try to stay humble and hope the Eagles come in overconfident:D-seriously, if they lose a district game it will be a huge upset. But that's why the games are played on the field, not on paper.

ElkFbFan-- you must be the only person from 3-5A other than Eagle fans who wants to talk about our new district.

exlobo
08-25-2008, 10:34 PM
ElkFbFan-- you must be the only person from 3-5A other than Eagle fans who wants to talk about our new district.

I agree with BigGolfDad ...............thanks ElkFbFan for the insight:)

elkfbfan
08-26-2008, 10:02 AM
As far as I know I'm the only Burleson fan on this board; there are a few on some other sites. I always enjoyed jousting with the Mansfield Summit fans- just ask them about our win over Summit( and John Chiles) for the district championship in 2006.:D
Weatherford has been always on the cusp of the playoffs( in & out) the last few years, North Crowley was 4a state champs in 2003; was a playoff team in 04 & 05; last 2 years they had losing records; Haltom & Richland have been in SLC district the last few years; FW Paschal has the misfortune to be Fort Worth's only 5A school- they just don't have the budget to compete with suburban schools.

exlobo
08-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Definitely an interesting blend of backgrounds in this new district.........I hope it is a fun year for all:)