PDA

View Full Version : Dream Matchups

Favpack
05-23-2005, 07:56 PM
OK - let's see your best fantasy pre-district matchups - here's mine:

SLC vs. Jenks or Union out of Tulsa - Norman, OK
Judson vs. Lufkin - Reliant (never before met?)
Denton Ryan vs. Abilene High - Ft. Worth
Katy vs. Dallas Carter - pick 'em location
Longview vs. Euless Trinity or SLC (preview of deep playoff game?)

pack4life
05-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Lufkin .vs. GP North Shore.. anywhere.

Longview .vs. SLC.. anywhere

Ty Lee .vs. Mid. Lee .. anywhere

dragonsdaddy
05-23-2005, 08:03 PM
trinity will be big school. doubt slc or longview either one will. now lview and slc would be a good one. dodge was approached about a game this year with union but had prior commitments. maybe next year, except he doesn't really want the hubbub just to get a good non-d game equal to what he could get out of a dozen local schools.

jtk1519
05-23-2005, 08:17 PM
SLC vs. De La Salle - Ford Stadium, Highland Park
SLC vs. Long Beach Poly - Ford Stadium, Highland Park

drgnbkr
05-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Carroll vs. Mission Viejo would be good one to see in Texas...as good as they are, Mission Viejo can't draw flies in Cal.

LeanderLions3033
05-23-2005, 10:25 PM
How bout carroll vs these football gods from Ohio, even though they think their playing the best team in texas :) no offense to Tyler Lee.

LP-79
05-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Div. 1 champs vs. Div. 2 champs all classifications. new Years weekend in Austin.

jtk1519
05-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Div. 1 champs vs. Div. 2 champs all classifications. new Years weekend in Austin.

You are a dreamer. :D

NewSherriffInTown
05-23-2005, 11:45 PM
I understand that teams change drastically but I was thinking this before that last post...

How about week 0 for the Texas Classic, the d1 vs d2 champs in all classes. it would clear up the mess of horrible scheduling for that event and would certainly peak interest with the matchups.

Dds115
05-23-2005, 11:52 PM
I understand that teams change drastically but I was thinking this before that last post...

How about week 0 for the Texas Classic, the d1 vs d2 champs in all classes. it would clear up the mess of horrible scheduling for that event and would certainly peak interest with the matchups.

Good idea, but it wouldn't be the teams that won the championship, it would be the next year's team. So we still wouldn't have a true winner over all classes.

Firebird
05-24-2005, 12:02 AM
SLC v Judson in Austin.
Lufkin v Abilene in San Antonio
SLC v Smithson Valley, the rematch. Make this a home and home 2 year deal.

Rerun
05-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Combined Squad game -

Schertz Clemens & Smithson Valley vs. Judson and Roosevelt

at the A'DOME IN SA

dragons06
05-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Rematch of 2004s D2 Champioship game,

SLC vs Katy, Alamodome

CCHS77
05-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Rematch of 2004s D2 Champioship game,

SLC vs Katy, Alamodome

Katy vs SLC was the '03 champ game

ktchamp97
05-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Lufkin .vs. GP North Shore.. anywhere.

:eek: I second that!

I had always wanted to see Katy play The Woodlands, but that will become a reality this fall. I've seen those two teams nearly come to blows in two different 7-on-7 games, so I imagine when they're actually allowed to hit each other, it could get pretty intense.

How about an East Texas vs. West Texas shootout?
Abilene vs. Lufkin
Midland Lee vs. Longview
Abilene Cooper vs. Tyler Lee

badger95
05-24-2005, 08:55 AM
How about Westlake vs. Southlake?

Battle of the Lakes.

NewSherriffInTown
05-24-2005, 08:58 AM
Good idea, but it wouldn't be the teams that won the championship, it would be the next year's team. So we still wouldn't have a true winner over all classes.

Obviously, but this is the most feasible way to make it happen..

CCHS77
05-24-2005, 09:09 AM

How would you handle two year contracts?

c-lisle
05-24-2005, 10:14 AM
I am dreaming of Longview and LP @ Homer Bryce Stadium in November. I hope it happens every year.

PACK '97
05-24-2005, 10:34 AM
i would love to see Lufkin/Longview---wish they still played every year during the season----guess it makes it more hyped once we play in the playoffs

Bumper sticker of the year:
"If you can read this, thank a teacher -and, since it's in English, thank a
soldier !!"

LoboFan07
05-24-2005, 12:43 PM
I agree with a lot of this! But my favorite would have to be KT's.

How about an East Texas vs. West Texas shootout?
Abilene vs. Lufkin
Midland Lee vs. Longview
Abilene Cooper vs. Tyler Lee

Saw Longview vs Midland Lee in 00 and 01, With both teams winning one and losing one. But the whole East Texas vs West Texas shoot out would be awesome. East Texas fans vs West Texas fans. Holy moly! What an event that would be. :eek: :D

Also love the Longview vs SLC match up! Hope it happens this year *knocks on wood*

Of course though no game. No two teams. Nobody can match up to the game of Longview vs Lufkin. No matter if there is a streak going on or not. This game is always one of the best every season that it is played.

03mustangwideout
05-24-2005, 12:50 PM
I would have to say:
North Shore vs. lufkin, slc, sv
all the div.2 schools that are just as good as us time and time again that we will never get to play. And im sure the feeling is mutual.

Pantherfan12
05-24-2005, 01:00 PM
How about another SLC vs SV matchup....

Sounds like a Rocky Remake......

GO PANTHERS>>>>

CoppellCowboy57
05-24-2005, 01:50 PM

OMG that would be glorious...ONE TRUE Texas State Champion...To rule the land of Football untill they are knocked out the next year

CoppellCowboy57
05-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Also...2004 SLC vs Da La Sal 2000

Favpack
05-24-2005, 03:25 PM
trinity will be big school. doubt slc or longview either one will. now lview and slc would be a good one. dodge was approached about a game this year with union but had prior commitments. maybe next year, except he doesn't really want the hubbub just to get a good non-d game equal to what he could get out of a dozen local schools.

I'd really like to see a top Texas team take the top Ok. team to the woodshed. It'd be an easy drive from Dallas to Norman. Maybe Switzer would show up and steal some more of our talent.

Rerun
05-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Combined squad game

Lufkin & The Woodlands vs. Katy and SLC

dragonsdaddy
05-24-2005, 06:17 PM
how and why did you come up with those matchups? any of those individual teams would slaughter the "all-star" teams you propose.

Rerun
05-24-2005, 06:56 PM
what??????

dragonsdaddy
05-24-2005, 06:58 PM
all star teams are a bunch of individuals which are not as good as a true team. the chemistry and trust it takes to maximize team play would not exist in spite of the talent pools.

Rerun
05-24-2005, 07:00 PM
right....

next.

slc & denton ryan vs. Westfield and Judson

abilenefan
05-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Abilene High '04 (healthy) vs. SLC '04 -----rematch

wide-e-wide
05-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Longview vs. The Pack

Always a good one...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/bogthekid/ashford1.jpg

ktchamp97
05-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Combined squad game

Lufkin & The Woodlands vs. Katy and SLC

Good one.

It could be called "The Prospects" vs. the "How the heck did we lose to those guys"

Warbird
05-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Ditto. Injuries lost us that game.

ALLSTAR
05-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Ditto. Injuries lost us that game.

the dragons were just as injured...

michael prince - sprained ankle
bryce buford - separated shoulder
travis stacy - sprained ankle
mckay jacobson - 75% on his leg

dont be giving any excuses... yall just lost.

dragonsdaddy
05-25-2005, 07:36 PM
pretty good excuse matrix. it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the quality of the opponent. i wonder if lufkin was injured, or did they all have on their lead stockings instead.

Lufkin_Class_Of_08
05-25-2005, 07:50 PM
SLC vs. De La Salle - Ford Stadium, Highland Park
SLC vs. Long Beach Poly - Ford Stadium, Highland Park

there would be more people at that game than there are at regular SMU games at gerald ford stadium (not named for the pres)

dragonsdaddy
05-25-2005, 07:56 PM
great venue. doubt you could get them out here for either unfortunately.

wide-e-wide
05-25-2005, 08:21 PM
pretty good excuse matrix. it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the quality of the opponent. i wonder if lufkin was injured, or did they all have on their lead stockings instead.

Excellent idea dragonsdaddy...the lead in the stockings could act as
as a buffer...and throw off the frequency on the headsets...Thus allowing our coaches to talk to one another without being heard by the other team.
BRILLIANT! It just might work...

ALLSTAR
05-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Excellent idea dragonsdaddy...the lead in the stockings could act as
as a buffer...and throw off the frequency on the headsets...Thus allowing our coaches to talk to one another without being heard by the other team.
BRILLIANT! It just might work...

i cant believe yall really think the coaches at SLC did that, it stills bugs me

drgnbkr
05-25-2005, 08:43 PM

What was wrong with their health?

wide-e-wide
05-25-2005, 08:44 PM
i cant believe yall really think the coaches at SLC did that, it stills bugs me

Dude your late. The coaches admitted it. It was just a joke man chill...

farmerfan
05-25-2005, 08:58 PM
I think what the abilene fans are refering to is that they were missing around 4 starters on defense that game. I think it sounds like bitterness on my part, but could have possibly played a factor, but as was eluded to earlier, Jacobson was no where near 100% and had he been, then that game might not have been as close as it was. I know excuses are weak, but going into the Trinity/Lee game last year, all the Lee fans reminded me of was how in the 1st game injuries played a part in the Lee loss, when Lee was healthy they were able to stop Trinity in the playoffs. The fact is though that both teams entered that game with some injuries, the team that can adjust to the injury situation better is the team that will win, Southlake went all year with their top receiver injured and never missed a beat, that is the difference between Southlake and a lot of progams, they have players that are willing to step up when their number is called.

abilenefan
05-25-2005, 09:48 PM
What was wrong with their health?
We had the normal bruises etc. AH went through most of the season without injuries. The final half of district and the playoffs were brutal and we lost or had key players playing well below 70%.

Abilene High lost one of its starting safeties in the Montwood game as well as the starting center. You may remember no. 5 on the defensive right side. He anchored the right side and was all over the field. (Ended up the 5A defensive player of the year) The defensive left and secondary was anchored by the safety we lost. He was like a player coach. He played about five plays in the SL game. Kids with his inate ability to read run or pass and be in the right place just don't come along every day. His replacement did an admirable job but just did not have the skills that Kennedy possesses. Kennedy will be playing at Navy next year. Would have been recruited by more colleges but he was too small by most D 1 standards.

Our center blew his knee while playing with a broken fibula. Our tight tackle was recovering from a displaced knee cap suffered in the Permian game and suffered a badly bruised fibula (sp) and high ankle sprain in the Montwood game. He played but was about 50%. They ran behind him all year. He pulled alot and has about 4.7-4.8 speed. (He ended winning the State Powerlifting Championship in the 220 wt division) There were several plays that Lewis would have broken it if Bibb could have made his block (cut) but he just could not plant and cut.

Most Abilene fans and players believe we would have scored if not for the illegal movement penalty on the 13. That penaly might not have happened if the starting center had been in there. Incidently, I heard the play that was called had gone for 18 yards the last time they had run it.

Our guys would have given anything to have been 100%.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts everyone would have a Merry Christmas.