PDA

View Full Version : Mequite vs Rowlette

owldog
11-05-2005, 12:10 AM
When is the game? Will it be Friday night?

Owls06
11-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Anouncer at the Garland game said ALL PLayoff games will be @ 2pm Saturday at their respective sites. Rowlett and Mesquite will be at SMU

rowlettoline64
11-05-2005, 02:23 AM
Is this the NEW SMU field? Ford Field is it's name if I'm not mistaken? This should be a very good first round match up but I'm pulling for my boys in Maroon.. wait.. that doesn't work.. I mean Rowlett lol.

Useless fact of the night. The last time these 2 teams hooked up Mesquite won 23-0. In 2001 (Mesquite's State Title year), Rowlett was the ONLY team to lead Mesquite going into the 4th quarter and Rowlett lost it at the end of the game. Oh, I'll never forget that one.

BHS0005
11-05-2005, 03:40 PM
The winner of this game will probably play Berkner. Can't wait for some competition!!!!

Haysrebels#1
11-05-2005, 03:42 PM
oguhta be one hell of a game,would love to get updates

NMHS fan
11-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Is this the NEW SMU field? Ford Field is it's name if I'm not mistaken? This should be a very good first round match up but I'm pulling for my boys in Maroon.. wait.. that doesn't work.. I mean Rowlett lol.

Useless fact of the night. The last time these 2 teams hooked up Mesquite won 23-0. In 2001 (Mesquite's State Title year), Rowlett was the ONLY team to lead Mesquite going into the 4th quarter and Rowlett lost it at the end of the game. Oh, I'll never forget that one.

Mesquite had one heck of a defense in '01. They have a very young team this year, but watch out for them in another year or two - they have a lot of good sophs including the QB. I think Rowlett will have a little too much, but Mesquite is a different animal in the playoffs it seems. Should be a battle.

owlfan 1
11-05-2005, 04:21 PM

Not sure what the score at the beginning of the 4th quarter was, but GHS took them to OT in '01 before losing. This was one of those weather delayed games that started Friday night and was finished Saturday...

I think the Eagles roll the Skeets Saturday...

Kingwolf
11-05-2005, 04:27 PM
mesquite cant stop the run, have a decent QB (though he was out when LV destroyed them)........

Rowlett will win, no doubt in my mind, though i would like to see mesquite represent........

Rowlett 34
Mesquite 17

my2cents
11-05-2005, 05:00 PM
I'll be cheering for Mesquit!!!!!! A few of the Rowlett boys are to cocky!!! It is one thing to be confident but cocky is all together different!

rowlettoline64
11-06-2005, 01:50 AM
I'll be cheering for Mesquit!!!!!! A few of the Rowlett boys are to cocky!!! It is one thing to be confident but cocky is all together different!

And who would those kids be. I'm not arguing, but I think you will spit out the names that everyone does and I can tell you it's all confidence..

UTftball05
11-06-2005, 02:31 AM
honestly I don't think it matters who wins state in D1 just because all of the power houses besides trinity are in D2...good luck to everyone gonig D1 but you can't call yourselfs state champs without beating slc

GTown02
11-06-2005, 02:43 AM
honestly I don't think it matters who wins state in D1 just because all of the power houses besides trinity are in D2...good luck to everyone gonig D1 but you can't call yourselfs state champs without beating slc
I wouldnt mind winning state in D1 because you know what? You just won state! Who cares which division is better this year or the next year because it doesnt really matter... I do agree there will not be a true state champ unless we go to an actual playoff with one division and one statewide winner... but until that happens you play the cards your dealt and play the best you can and hope your playing well into December! ;)

rowlettoline64
11-06-2005, 04:54 AM
I wouldnt mind winning state in D1 because you know what? You just won state! Who cares which division is better this year or the next year because it doesnt really matter... I do agree there will not be a true state champ unless we go to an actual playoff with one division and one statewide winner... but until that happens you play the cards your dealt and play the best you can and hope your playing well into December! ;)

..And that pretty much sums it up!

rowlettoline64
11-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Mesquite had one heck of a defense in '01.

And do you remember who lead that defense? A FRESHMAN! Mark Green, that kid was a monster. Sucks that he got into trouble and fell off.. he was easily going to be one of the top recruits in the nation.