PDA

View Full Version : Big night for 11-5a fans......

GarlandOwl06
11-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Tomorow night is a big night with South and Sachse playing for the third playoff spot, Garland playing for an outright district championship, and the finding out of who is playing who in the first round of the playoffs.

I think South should end up and get the third spot but im so anxious to see if Horn will beat Lee giving Garland Horn, South/Sachse JTJ, and Rowlett LV

Go Horn!!!

Bullshipper
11-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Come ;on Owl 06, don't you want to play the big boys? (LV)

owlfan 1
11-03-2005, 10:00 PM
we'll play whoever we have to - Garland does not duck anyone - look at our non-district schedule...

BUT, given a choice, who would you RATHER play in the first round?

:)

owldog
11-03-2005, 11:06 PM
I am personally hoping Mesquite beats Rockwall and Tyler Lee beats Mesquite Horn and then Mesquite Skeeters will be in

Not sure the chances but I can hope

GarlandOwl06
11-03-2005, 11:12 PM
I am personally hoping Mesquite beats Rockwall and Tyler Lee beats Mesquite Horn and then Mesquite Skeeters will be in

Not sure the chances but I can hope
Why?

gtownowlfootball06
11-03-2005, 11:18 PM
That's very stupid actually. Then we would play loser of Longview JTJ(JTJ) and we probably don't want that. Playing Horn gives us the best shot to go to area and beat Carter like we should have last time.

owldog
11-03-2005, 11:25 PM
I will admit I am a Skeeter fan right behind the Owls.

I don't think the chances are very good I was just saying I can hope. I was also pointing out that the 3rd playoff spot is not wrapped up in that district

gtownowlfootball06
11-03-2005, 11:51 PM
As a Garland fan, you should root for a Mesquite Horn win. That would give us an easy opponent in the first round so we didn't have to beat JTJ or Longview and then play Carter in the next game. Horn then Carter is a much better scenario for us.

FbFan
11-04-2005, 12:10 AM
That's very stupid actually. Then we would play loser of Longview JTJ(JTJ) and we probably don't want that. Playing Horn gives us the best shot to go to area and beat Carter like we should have last time.

Should have :confused: . Be careful for what you wish for. LV & JT are pretty good and well, you already knowabout Carter but its play-off time and ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

rowlettoline64
11-04-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm hoping for a Horn loss because I would RATHER Rowlett play someone other than LV, but I'm sure the Eagles will be ready for whoever they play. They don't back down. Oh yeah, wouldn't mind seeing LC put one up on G-Town, lol.. then I woke up.

But I'm happy with the 42-3 win of Rowlett over NF, along with Pierce getting over the 2000 yard mark. It's good to see that Rowlett is on the GIVING end of some blowouts this year.

owlfan 1
11-04-2005, 12:40 AM
As a Garland fan, you should root for a Mesquite Horn win. That would give us an easy opponent in the first round so we didn't have to beat JTJ or Longview and then play Carter in the next game. Horn then Carter is a much better scenario for us.

Not meaning to jump you, but... If Horn makes it, they will be a worthy opponent and a playoff caliber team. From week 11 on, there are no easy opponents. Remember - South Garland thought that they had an "easy" opponent last year when they played Mesquite at HBJ. The next day, the Colonels were turning in equipment while the Skeeters were watching film and getting ready to upset Carter in round 2.

If the Owls come out, take care of business and play like they can, they are capable of beating whoever they face in the first round. But, please, lets limit talk about how "easy" our opposition may be. Talk like that can come back to haunt...

It would seem that Horn would be a much more favorable matchup for us - and Horn is who we should be rooting for (with all due respect to owldog :o ).

Go Owls!!!! :cool:

bleedgreen
11-04-2005, 01:50 AM
JTJ in all of your posts is really supposed to be TJT(Tyler John Tyler)...just thought you would like to know....other than that, i'm rooting for a Lee victory over Horn so we will go D2.....have some "unfinished" business with a certain team that wears purple and gold, and have the initials LP...hint, hint, hint ;) --LOL....good luck to my Garland brothers..i'll be pulling for you guys throughout the title run...............

owldog
11-04-2005, 07:57 AM
So is the Rockwall vs Rowlette not a possibility

Roughrider
11-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Not meaning to jump you, but... If Horn makes it, they will be a worthy opponent and a playoff caliber team. From week 11 on, there are no easy opponents. Remember - South Garland thought that they had an "easy" opponent last year when they played Mesquite at HBJ. The next day, the Colonels were turning in equipment while the Skeeters were watching film and getting ready to upset Carter in round 2.

If the Owls come out, take care of business and play like they can, they are capable of beating whoever they face in the first round. But, please, lets limit talk about how "easy" our opposition may be. Talk like that can come back to haunt...

It would seem that Horn would be a much more favorable matchup for us - and Horn is who we should be rooting for (with all due respect to owldog :o ).

Go Owls!!!! :cool:

No, you boys don't even need to think twice about Horn... If you get them, you have the opportunity to work on round 2 opponent for two weeks... Horn week will basically be a bye week. Horn does not stand a chance... Look ahead to round two, that's where your competition will come from...

travisk44
11-04-2005, 03:26 PM
JTJ in all of your posts is really supposed to be TJT(Tyler John Tyler)...just thought you would like to know....other than that, i'm rooting for a Lee victory over Horn so we will go D2.....have some "unfinished" business with a certain team that wears purple and gold, and have the initials LP...hint, hint, hint ;) --LOL....good luck to my Garland brothers..i'll be pulling for you guys throughout the title run...............
Don't you have some "unfinished business" with a team from South Garland that wears blue and red? :D

GTown02
11-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Don't you have some "unfinished business" with a team from South Garland that wears blue and red? :D
Garland has some unfinished buisness with a team from east Texas that wears green and white, and another one that wears red ;)... you might have heard of them...

GarlandOwl06
11-04-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm hoping for a Horn loss because I would RATHER Rowlett play someone other than LV, but I'm sure the Eagles will be ready for whoever they play. They don't back down. Oh yeah, wouldn't mind seeing LC put one up on G-Town, lol.. then I woke up.

But I'm happy with the 42-3 win of Rowlett over NF, along with Pierce getting over the 2000 yard mark. It's good to see that Rowlett is on the GIVING end of some blowouts this year.
Yea I'm sure that Pierce enjoyed playing in a game this week that he could actually run against the defense. He couldnt do much of that against the Owl G-fense!!!

travisk44
11-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Yea I'm sure that Pierce enjoyed playing in a game this week that he could actually run against the defense. He couldnt do much of that against the Owl G-fense!!!

Or SG's for that matter.

Vs. Garland he had 86 I think
Vs. South he had 108

owldog
11-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Had to move this to the top :) Can you believe it happen Mesquuite is in and Horn is NOT.? I think Owls can beat JT