PDA

View Full Version : Wide's time out corner........

Hdshrinker
11-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Ok..... I've always said.....if you are still crying, whinning, cursing and not able to walk away from your teams loss after 15 minutes you need to grow up. Some people simply can't do it....they won't regulate themselves, they're like the kid in H.E.B. that screams so loud everyone in the store looks......

Well ole wide is like that when you disagree with him on something...cause in his mind he's god of sports. EVEN though he is down at the bottom of the Great One's win/lost contest clearly showing he doesn't know much about active sports but lots about sports trivia for whatever good that is.

Having said all of that....there has been much talk about *****'s, mansex, cowards, personal verbal attacks, threatenings of beating people up....leaving the forum.....yada .....yada..... yada....... ALL of that in FOOTBALL topics.....that have nothing to do with football.

So being the intervention expert that I am...I said to myself "Self...wide and people of that nature need a place where they can go say absolutely anything they want....without interuptting the real flow of football talk....needs to be in the football area...cause if you get it too far away from the thing he gets so passionate about he'll never use it...."

and SELF said.... "Well shrink, there's an area down at the bottom called off-topic.....be a friend...and make wide a topic to vent in......."

So here it is...........Have fun wide and I'll even answer you here wide...if you can just control yourself in the other "FOOTBALL" forums.....

lonny23
11-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Ok..... I've always said.....if you are still crying, whinning, cursing and not able to walk away from your teams loss after 15 minutes you need to grow up. Some people simply can't do it....they won't regulate themselves, they're like the kid in H.E.B. that screams so loud everyone in the store looks......

Well ole wide is like that when you disagree with him on something...cause in his mind he's god of sports. EVEN though he is down at the bottom of the Great One's win/lost contest clearly showing he doesn't know much about active sports but lots about sports trivia for whatever good that is.

Having said all of that....there has been much talk about *****'s, mansex, cowards, personal verbal attacks, threatenings of beating people up....leaving the forum.....yada .....yada..... yada....... ALL of that in FOOTBALL topics.....that have nothing to do with football.

So being the intervention expert that I am...I said to myself "Self...wide and people of that nature need a place where they can go say absolutely anything they want....without interuptting the real flow of football talk....needs to be in the football area...cause if you get it too far away from the thing he gets so passionate about he'll never use it...."

and SELF said.... "Well shrink, there's an area down at the bottom called off-topic.....be a friend...and make wide a topic to vent in......."

So here it is...........Have fun wide and I'll even answer you here wide...if you can just control yourself in the other "FOOTBALL" forums.....
There is no way this works like you want it to work. I'm going to say stuff in every forum and no matter where I am, I'm going to get off topic. I'll talk about football in off topic and basketball in football. Rugby comes up when we talk about Euless Trinity and I'm not the only one who does it. I just talk and I'm a big reason why so many threads get hijacked. I even accidentally hijack my own threads! :D

Hdshrinker
11-02-2005, 12:20 PM
There is no way this works like you want it to work. I'm going to say stuff in every forum and no matter where I am, I'm going to get off topic. I'll talk about football in off topic and basketball in football. Rugby comes up when we talk about Euless Trinity and I'm not the only one who does it. I just talk and I'm a big reason why so many threads get hijacked. I even accidentally hijack my own threads! :D

Let me redefine the parameters..... It's not about getting off topic....it's about personal attacks...garbage, slime...smack talking.....rather than sport talk.....

Is that too much to ask?

pack0808
11-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Let me redefine the parameters..... It's not about getting off topic....it's about personal attacks...garbage, slime...smack talking.....rather than sport talk.....

Is that too much to ask?

What a waste of time this thread was?? :rolleyes: Should i start a thread called Hdshrinker's pity party where we all can come in and cry a big river about other poster's insensitive and cruel comments when discussing sport's?? LOL

This thread's main purpose was to call out wide nothing more.

wide-e-wide
11-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Nice plagerism of Jim Rome's take on the Houston Texans beating the Browns...yeah they have ESPN radio in Waco too.

The last guy that called someone out....and by call out...I mean putting someone's name in a thread title in a non-flattering or negative manner...
was banned...
I think the same should thing should happen here.
Otherwise the rules are BS and I'm gonna stop abiding by them as well.

Reaganrattler07
11-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Nice plagerism of Jim Rome's take on the Houston Texans beating the Browns...yeah they have ESPN radio in Waco too.

The last guy that called someone out....and by call out...I mean putting someone's name in a thread title in a non-flattering or negative manner...
was banned...
I think the same should thing should happen here.
Otherwise the rules are BS and I'm gonna stop abiding by them as well.

When did rules mean anything to you in the first place?

wide-e-wide
11-02-2005, 12:37 PM
When did rules mean anything to you in the first place?

When have I EVER...put someone's name in a thread title?

Grown folks are talking...mind your business.

lonny23
11-02-2005, 12:38 PM

Is that too much to ask?
I'll approach this on 2 levels. He shouldn't do some of the stuff he does. I won't justify it as being OK.

I think it's pretty simple to get along with Wide. If you understand him, you'll know how to get along with him. We're human and you have to use psychology to get along with people.

He has friends on here and you can get away with stuff if he likes you. He has his favorites and the guys he respects. Wide doesn't respect everybody, but I think if you're his friend, you're one for life unless you backstab him. He's not a bad guy and would probably bend over backwards to help somebody. You want friends like wide. He's real in a fake world.

He thinks it's OK to be old and smart off, but he hates young guys smarting off or those he thinks are young. He says he wasn't raised that way and I can't say what the truth is. Yes, it's a major double standard.

He doesn't like personal attacks against him and can't hold his tongue. There are others on here who are the same way, so he shouldn't be the only guy to get crucified for that. People just have to develop better conflict management skills to avoid that.

Wide has a lot of pride and you'll get a fight when you hurt that. For all I know, maybe he had something happen in adolescence that triggers any attacks or perceived attacks against him. I lived with a person like that. If somebody told him he was stupid all the time, he's going to fire back whenever somebody challenges his intelligence.

At the end of the day, you have to know who you're talking to and how to best get along with them. It's hard-headed to take an attitude of, "This is how I am and everybody better adjust to it." We all have adjust to each other.

Reaganrattler07
11-02-2005, 12:40 PM
I'll approach this on 2 levels. He shouldn't do some of the stuff he does. I won't justify it as being OK.

I think it's pretty simple to get along with Wide. If you understand him, you'll know how to get along with him. We're human and you have to use psychology to get along with people.

He has friends on here and you can get away with stuff if he likes you. He has his favorites and the guys he respects. Wide doesn't respect everybody, but I think if you're his friend, you're one for life unless you backstab him. He's not a bad guy and would probably bend over backwards to help somebody. You want friends like wide. He's real in a fake world.

He thinks it's OK to be old and smart off, but he hates young guys smarting off or those he thinks are young. He says he wasn't raised that way and I can't say what the truth is. Yes, it's a major double standard.

He doesn't like personal attacks against him and can't hold his tongue. There are others on here who are the same way, so he shouldn't be the only guy to get crucified for that. People just have to develop better conflict management skills to avoid that.

Wide has a lot of pride and you'll get a fight when you hurt that. For all I know, maybe he had something happen in adolescence that triggers any attacks or perceived attacks against him. I lived with a person like that. If somebody told him he was stupid all the time, he's going to fire back whenever somebody challenges his intelligence.

At the end of the day, you have to know who you're talking to and how to best get along with them. It's hard-headed to take an attitude of, "This is how I am and everybody better adjust to it." We all have adjust to each other.

There are still rules to follow....and insults and such are not called for....

lonny23
11-02-2005, 12:42 PM
When have I EVER...put someone's name in a thread title?

Grown folks are talking...mind your business.
You might've put my name in a thread, but I thank you. That lets me know which threads I need to take over! :p

KT2000
11-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Take it to PM or email if you have issues. Please don't air this stuff on the boards. Thanks.