PDA

View Full Version : Plano tops current Massey list!

Joboots
11-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Tops both 5A & overall list-here's the scoop!

http://masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=hsf&sub=TX

http://masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=hsf&sub=TX#5A

allendad
11-02-2005, 08:23 AM
This list is great to be able to compare how each team ranks statistically on offense and defense. It puts a lot of the 'smack' into perspective.

Plano is representing the MIGHTY district 8 well.

Did I say "mighty"?

Thanks for the info!

Allendad

LUFPAN
11-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Any poll that ranks Plano and Highland Park ahead of SLC, Westfield, Longview and Lufkin is obviously flawed. In fact neither of those schools should be ranked ahead of any of the other schools in the top ten.

Plano Wildcat Fan
11-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Any poll that ranks Plano and Highland Park ahead of SLC, Westfield, Longview and Lufkin is obviously flawed. In fact neither of those schools should be ranked ahead of any of the other schools in the top ten.

Why shouldn't Plano be listed about any of those top 10 schools? Everything here is opinion and until the play you have no idea. What I do know is Plano's record is the best in the state at 9-0 along with 14 other schools.

I believe Plano has more state championship appearances 9 than Lufkin has District championships over the last 40 years. Don't even talk about State Championships Plano has 7 Lufkin has 1.

I see Plano as Notre Dame of Texas. No one has better traditon over a longer period of time than Plano. No one has more state championships and Plano is the #2 all-time wins leader in Texas. :p

dragonsdaddy
11-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Why shouldn't Plano be listed about any of those top 10 schools? Everything here is opinion and until the play you have no idea. What I do know is Plano's record is the best in the state at 9-0 along with 14 other schools.

I believe Plano has more state championship appearances 9 than Lufkin has District championships over the last 40 years. Don't even talk about State Championships Plano has 7 Lufkin has 1.

I see Plano as Notre Dame of Texas. No one has better traditon over a longer period of time than Plano. No one has more state championships and Plano is the #2 all-time wins leader in Texas. :p
you are mistaken here though. there's no opinion involved in the massey system. it is totally computer based, for whatb that's worth.

PurpleNation
11-02-2005, 10:41 AM

Sorry but that Pole is flawed bad. Plano #1 LOL there good but come on not Top 10 material. They had 3A West Orange Stark in front of good 5a Teams like Cy Creek. What ever floats Plano's boat and dont get caught up on all your state titles when is the last time you won one.

southlake thug
11-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Yeah the BCS is computer generated and they are some serious flaws in to also. This means nothing. Just wait until the playoffs, they are almost here.

LUFPAN
11-02-2005, 11:20 AM

The answer to why shouldn't Plano be listed above any of those top ten schools is easy.....they couldn't beat any of them. Plano may very well be the Notre Dame of Texas muddling along in mediocrity every year. Then every few years have a respectable season while all the fants chant that the dynasty is back only to be brought back down to reality once the play-offs start. If Plano wins it all I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong but I honestly don't see them going more than two or three rounds deep.

WestlandTiger'95
11-02-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm a believer.....Plano is for real this year.
I'm sayin it now...they go to state.

I hope we get the chance for some payback...lol ('94 was my senior team)

SLCDad
11-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Speaking of flawed polls, the Massey computer consider's SLC's schedule to be the 2nd toughest in the 5A Top 20 with Rowlett having the toughest schedule.

Further, the top 20 teams of Westfield, Lufkin, Katy, North Shore, Carter, Abilene, Berkner, Clemens and Mansfield Summit have been playing patsies.

Really?

There are many human assumptions made in these so-called computer polls.

lonny24
11-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Massy is on somthing.

lonny23
11-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Massy is on somthing.
I've got an idea. Why don't you post like me and drive everybody crazy? :p

farmerfan
11-02-2005, 12:01 PM
I've got an idea. Why don't you post like me and drive everybody crazy? :p

This is going to get confusing, two lonnys on one board, I dont know if we can handle this.

lonny23
11-02-2005, 12:04 PM
This is going to get confusing, two lonnys on one board, I dont know if we can handle this.
At least he has the one-liners down! ;)

planocat05
11-02-2005, 12:17 PM
all i gotta say is any team with the determination, drive, experience, and record that Plano has, has the opportunity to do really well. So untill your team plays plano then shut up cuz u aint got anything on them.

KT2000
11-02-2005, 12:22 PM
As you've no doubt heard from Wildcats before you, reputation doesn't guarantee anything in the playoffs.

Anyone that wants the ultimate prize has to knuckle up and go earn it.

LUFPAN
11-02-2005, 12:27 PM
all i gotta say is any team with the determination, drive, experience, and record that Plano has, has the opportunity to do really well. So untill your team plays plano then shut up cuz u aint got anything on them.

"Shut up cuz u aint got anything on them" Talking football is the purpose of the forum Planocat05. If you don't like what you read don't come here. Every team on here gets critized.....its what we do. Not even SLC with all their success is safe from criticsim in here. So instead of telling people to shut-up perhaps you could think of something semi-intelligent to say and join the conversation. Otherwise, stop playing on the library computer and get back to class.

CCHS77
11-02-2005, 12:30 PM

Maybe I've just got old and cranky, but I refuse to be told to "shut up" by a "fan" that doesn't even know when the playoffs start!

Eagle Hombre
11-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Maybe I've just got old and cranky, but I refuse to be told to "shut up" by a "fan" that doesn't even know when the playoffs start!

Good point -- looks like the bandwagon is loading up -- :D :D :D

pack0808
11-02-2005, 12:36 PM
A new memo just came out!! Although Plano has not done nada in a LONG time the rest of the bracket has to move aside or forfeit because Plano has won 7 state championships back in the days, and they lead the freaking Massey poll. I will send the memo to Coach Outlaw i advise everybody else to do the same ASAP!! LOL

planocat05
11-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey Lufpan, that was a brilliant contribution to the discussion. i guess you forgot to read the sentece before "all i gotta say is any team with the determination, drive, experience, and record that Plano has, has the opportunity to do really well." My comment is still true, if you havent played plano then you cant say your team is better and not give a reason. I dont see you criticizing football either. So why dont you get back to work at your minimum wage job, and get off you boss's computer.

KT2000
11-02-2005, 12:39 PM
No need for the personal attacks or your visit to this board will be very short. Thanks.

LUFPAN
11-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey Lufpan, that was a brilliant contribution to the discussion. i guess you forgot to read the sentece before "all i gotta say is any team with the determination, drive, experience, and record that Plano has, has the opportunity to do really well." My comment is still true, if you havent played plano then you cant say your team is better and not give a reason. I dont see you criticizing football either. So why dont you get back to work at your minimum wage job, and get off you boss's computer.

I'm not a critical as Lonny, Wide, or Pack08 but I try. My current minimum wage job is paying me close to 6 figures a year and all of those figures are to the left of the decimal, ask your remedial math teacher for help if you still do not understand. :cool:

planocat05
11-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Your right lufpan i was wrong to tell everyone to shut up you are right it was not an intelligent contribution to the discussion. it was immature of me, and im very sorry if i offened you in anyway. Good luck if we play you this year.

lonny23
11-02-2005, 12:52 PM
A new memo just came out!! Although Plano has not done nada in a LONG time the rest of the bracket has to move aside or forfeit because Plano has won 7 state championships back in the days, and they lead the freaking Massey poll. I will send the memo to Coach Outlaw i advise everybody else to do the same ASAP!! LOL
Judson is so scared, they're thinking about abdicating the playoffs altogether! :p

LUFPAN
11-02-2005, 12:53 PM
No need for the personal attacks or your visit to this board will be very short. Thanks.

Gotcha KT I'm through. Nothing but football from here out. :D Apologies to you to 05, just having some fun during lunch.

lonny23
11-02-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm not a critical as Lonny, Wide, or Pack08 but I try. My current minimum wage job is paying me close to 6 figures a year and all of those figures are to the left of the decimal, ask your remedial math teacher for help if you still do not understand. :cool:
Maybe it was a good idea that I suggested we not be seen together! ;)

Sloth
11-02-2005, 12:57 PM
I do not understand why people are so negative on Plano. I have a feeling a lot of people who think they are not even a top 10 team have not seen them play. I have seen them once. I have seen SLC quite a few times. From the one showing they looked just as if not more impressive than SLC. The good thing is the only thing these polls are good for is toilet paper. Every team even the SLC's of the world have put up or shut up. I do have a feeling if any team thinks they are in for a cake walk against Plano they will get their rears handed to them.

lonny23
11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
I do not understand why people are so negative on Plano. I have a feeling a lot of people who think they are not even a top 10 team have not seen them play. I have seen them once. I have seen SLC quite a few times. From the one showing they looked just as if not more impressive than SLC. The good thing is the only thing these polls are good for is toilet paper. Every team even the SLC's of the world have put up or shut up. I do have a feeling if any team thinks they are in for a cake walk against Plano they will get their rears handed to them.
I think they're for real. They have a good shot to beat Abilene and get to the semis.

Plano Wildcat Fan
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Sorry but that Pole is flawed bad. Plano #1 LOL there good but come on not Top 10 material. They had 3A West Orange Stark in front of good 5a Teams like Cy Creek. What ever floats Plano's boat and dont get caught up on all your state titles when is the last time you won one.

I know one thingPlano has more than Lufkin. Thats all that matters. When when did you guys win your 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 state championships?

LUFPAN
11-02-2005, 02:06 PM
I know one thingPlano has more than Lufkin. Thats all that matters. When when did you guys win your 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 state championships?

More recently than Plano won their 8th one.

PurpleNation
11-02-2005, 02:18 PM

Let me get in on your job then(LOL) naw but seriously

reed35
11-02-2005, 02:22 PM
All of this over a poll that does not matter. Plano and Lufkin have played in the playoffs for years. both have won some.

Here is a fact to think on. 94 - Plano beat Lufkin in TS and went on to win state.
01 - Lufkin beat Plano in Waco and went on to win state.

i would not take either team lightly.

maybe it will happen again.

SLCDad
11-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Plano ranks about #55 in total wins over the last 20 years (all classes). They have won 70% of their games and have averaged 2.2 games deep in the play-offs. Considering there are (guess) 1,000 high schools in Texas that's in the top 6%.

Other 5A teams of note are:

Converse Judson #3
Westlake #6
Katy #8
Midland Lee #25
Dallas Carter #35
Permian #46
Plano #55
Longview #78
Lufkin #74
Euless Trinity #90

All of these teams are clearly football powers and all are in the top 20 if only 5A schools were listed.

Plano Wildcat Fan
11-02-2005, 02:51 PM
The answer to why shouldn't Plano be listed above any of those top ten schools is easy.....they couldn't beat any of them. Plano may very well be the Notre Dame of Texas muddling along in mediocrity every year. Then every few years have a respectable season while all the fants chant that the dynasty is back only to be brought back down to reality once the play-offs start. If Plano wins it all I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong but I honestly don't see them going more than two or three rounds deep.

Why 3 rounds? You haven't seen them play. You know nothing about them. I believe Lufkin was a pretty average team for a very long time until 2000.

So hope Lufkin goes D2 and see how they fair if they get far enough where they could meet Plano.

LUFPAN
11-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Why 3 rounds? You haven't seen them play. You know nothing about them. I believe Lufkin was a pretty average team for a very long time until 2000.

So hope Lufkin goes D2 and see how they fair if they get far enough where they could meet Plano.

Actually I don't think you'll make it past the 2nd round where you'll more than likely meet Irving Mac. Don't assume I know nothing about the Plano, I live in the DFW area and keep pretty close tabs on all the 5A teams in the Metroplex area. Plano is historically one of the most successful programs in Texas and they've had a good year so far. I just don't think they have played anyone significant and they will be exposed in early in the play-offs.

drgnbkr
11-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Plano has been so butt-ugly for so long I can understand why your overly excited to be winning again..good luck to ya!..... :D

planocat05
11-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Plano has been so butt-ugly for so long I can understand why your overly excited to be winning again..good luck to ya!..... :D

how have we been but ugly for so long?? last time we went to the playoffs was 2002 i believe, maybe 2001. and ill tell u wut the hype is plano went 0-10 two seasons ago for the first time ever in their history. the team this year has the same starters as they did that 0-10 season which means tons of experience. Trust me i played last year for plano and they want to win state just as much as anybody. they are out to prove something

drgnbkr
11-02-2005, 04:23 PM
how have we been but ugly for so long?? last time we went to the playoffs was 2002 i believe, maybe 2001. and ill tell u wut the hype is plano went 0-10 two seasons ago for the first time ever in their history. the team this year has the same starters as they did that 0-10 season which means tons of experience. Trust me i played last year for plano and they want to win state just as much as anybody. they are out to prove something

This is a well reasoned post, as opposed to your earlier one addressed to lufpan...that is what I was responding to...good luck to you & if you win a couple of games in the post season you deserve praise & maybe people will pay attention to Plano again...

Dargason
11-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Well, I'm embarrassed for the lame and very uncool comments some folks have been making on this thread so far, esp. the ones from Plano fans.

Yes, we have a great tradition, and yes, we made a great run through a competitive district after some very disappointing years. But anybody with a brain in their head knows the team and the coaches will just take it one week at a time and do their very best, not assuming anything.

We hope to make it to state! This team has a LOT of heart along with respectable experience and talent.

pack0808
11-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Congrats on your last championship a little over 10 years ago but that is not going to help you now. Everybody knows of Plano's great past but the giant undeniable fact is they have been nothing but a has been lately like Permian. Plano has not even made it to the state semis since that 94 season and have missed the playoffs 4 of those 10 years, and they lost in the 1st or 2nd round every other playoff appearance except one when they lost in the state quarters in 98. :eek: Plano has been a average to medocre program for 10 years and there is no denying that. It is good to see a once great power playing well but the real season has not even begun yet so spare us all of Plano's great success way back in the days. Maybe Plano is back but most of us will not be convinced until success in the playoffs. Plano has lost to east texas teams the last 2 times when they made the playoffs in 2001 and 2000 so hopefully yall can keep that tradition up this year. ;) Plano might kick everybody's butt this year for all i know but i am seriously doubting it?? We will soon find out!!

ktCarl
11-02-2005, 06:08 PM

Last time they won State was in 1994 against Katy. :mad:

drgnbkr
11-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Last time they won State was in 1994 against Katy. :mad:
OK 11 years ago...

Plano Wildcat Fan
11-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Congrats on your last championship a little over 10 years ago but that is not going to help you now. Everybody knows of Plano's great past but the giant undeniable fact is they have been nothing but a has been lately like Permian. Plano has not even made it to the state semis since that 94 season and have missed the playoffs 4 of those 10 years, and they lost in the 1st or 2nd round every other playoff appearance except one when they lost in the state quarters in 98. :eek: Plano has been a average to medocre program for 10 years and there is no denying that. It is good to see a once great power playing well but the real season has not even begun yet so spare us all of Plano's great success way back in the days. Maybe Plano is back but most of us will not be convinced until success in the playoffs. Plano has lost to east texas teams the last 2 times when they made the playoffs in 2001 and 2000 so hopefully yall can keep that tradition up this year. ;) Plano might kick everybody's butt this year for all i know but i am seriously doubting it?? We will soon find out!!

Yes you will find out soon. :) Have a nice day!

chap fan
11-02-2005, 08:43 PM
And if you look at our and Hays' schedule and explain how an objective "power" rating system ranks them above us--well, then we might understand how on earth you would be ranked about SLC. Enjoy!--We'll be happy to see you prove you're worthy of that ranking in the next few weeks.

Maroon Cathead
11-03-2005, 03:19 AM
Iím not much for polls.

Tyler Lee and Southlake Carroll are the champions until they get eliminated or repeat as champions.

In the case of Tyler Lee, it looks like this week's game will be their last game for this season.

That will leave only Southlake Carroll as the top dog.

WildcatFan
11-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Well, I'm embarrassed for the lame and very uncool comments some folks have been making on this thread so far, esp. the ones from Plano fans.

Yes, we have a great tradition, and yes, we made a great run through a competitive district after some very disappointing years. But anybody with a brain in their head knows the team and the coaches will just take it one week at a time and do their very best, not assuming anything.

We hope to make it to state! This team has a LOT of heart along with respectable experience and talent.

Amen Brother,

I am a die hard fan of the Wildcats and if this string was dedicated to tradition alone it would be a short string. The fact is and everyone knows for a fact that Plano has the best tradition in the state hands down, period the stats speak for themselves.

Lufkin nice try you are not even in the same class when it comes to frequency and level of success that Plano has had. SLC you are a good team, but the fact is Plano was winning State Titles when the town of Southlake Carol was nothing more than scrub brush fields and a bait shop on the edge of Lake Grapevine and the Airport.

But this thread is not about tradition and it is not relevant that Plano has won 7 yes 7 State titles. What matters is 2005 and D2 Playoffs.

I do not know the accuracy of the Massey Poll no more than the square root of Pi x Infinity.

What i do know is this team is good, good enough to win state. It won't be easy and nothing is a lock, but we will enjoy our success one week at a time and support our Maroon Cats!!!!