PDA

View Full Version : funny thing happened yesterday.......

bleedgreen
11-02-2005, 12:47 AM
i was driving through the Longview mall parking lot looking for a front row spot(like i always do, and usually piss the people off that are riding with me).. i let a guy cross in front of me, but it wasn't until he got a little closer that i could see his green t-shirt with "SLC Dragons" on the front, and #87 on the back.....i rolled my window down and said, "you've got to be kidding"(just joking with him, nothing serious)..he said, "that's right, buddy".....i told him "good luck in the playoffs, hope we get a chance to play you guys"...he said, "likewise, looking forward to it".....he was a pretty tall and slender kid with dark hair....any ideas who that might have been SLC fans??? just curious if that was one of your players, and why he was at the Longview Mall yesterday?????

KatyTigerDad0407
11-02-2005, 12:54 AM
It was Lonny's little brother Scooter!

v2the4
11-02-2005, 02:13 AM
Southlake is a long way away from Longview....

lonny23
11-02-2005, 02:18 AM
It was Lonny's little brother Scooter!
Hey, guys I am like Killroy and Waldo. You really don't know where I'll show up and Longview is a regular place for me. I've been to all your towns this year. You won't catch me in SLC gear, though. I wouldn't even buy a Permian hat in the Odessa mall at the height of Friday Night Lights hype.

badger95
11-02-2005, 09:09 AM
SLC has Tuesdays off and some of the kids took advantage to the situation to go scout their upcoming opponents.

CCHS77
11-02-2005, 09:16 AM
SLC has Tuesdays off and some of the kids took advantage to the situation to go scout their upcoming opponents.

Richland isn't that far away.

lonny23
11-02-2005, 11:56 AM
He was talking about playoff opponents.

CCHS77
11-02-2005, 12:08 PM
He was talking about playoff opponents.

I'll be Damn! I didn't know that. :rolleyes:

While (apparently) too subtle, I was trying to make the point that coaches and players play these one at a time. We (some times, attention challenged) fans of forums like this play games, 5 or 6 weeks in advance.

dragons08
11-02-2005, 09:01 PM
im kind of confused as to the whole Birdville ISD thing...Birdivile is in what town NRH? Richland is in NRH? or is there a town named richland?? haltom is in haltom city? its just weird to me

BAMF cowboy
11-02-2005, 09:10 PM
i was driving through the Longview mall parking lot looking for a front row spot(like i always do, and usually piss the people off that are riding with me).. i let a guy cross in front of me, but it wasn't until he got a little closer that i could see his green t-shirt with "SLC Dragons" on the front, and #87 on the back.....i rolled my window down and said, "you've got to be kidding"(just joking with him, nothing serious)..he said, "that's right, buddy".....i told him "good luck in the playoffs, hope we get a chance to play you guys"...he said, "likewise, looking forward to it".....he was a pretty tall and slender kid with dark hair....any ideas who that might have been SLC fans??? just curious if that was one of your players, and why he was at the Longview Mall yesterday?????

That's quite a coincedence. Currently, #87 is WR Bryce Jones, but all the football parents have those shirts w/ #'s on, so he could've been a parent of a player from a couple years ago.

Also somewhat related, last year I saw two guys at the SLC - DR playoff game wearing Katy Tiger shirts 2 rows behind me...I so badly wanted to talk trash, but I didn't have it in me that day

SmilinTiger
11-02-2005, 09:20 PM
That's quite a coincedence. Currently, #87 is WR Bryce Jones, but all the football parents have those shirts w/ #'s on, so he could've been a parent of a player from a couple years ago.

Also somewhat related, last year I saw two guys at the SLC - DR playoff game wearing Katy Tiger shirts 2 rows behind me...I so badly wanted to talk trash, but I didn't have it in me that day

And what would that trash talk have been?

bleedgreen
11-03-2005, 03:13 AM

no, this guy was a teenager, maybe 16 or 17

dragons08
11-03-2005, 07:52 PM
no, this guy was a teenager, maybe 16 or 17
thats extremly weird