PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Highland Park?

PackAttack2005
11-01-2005, 05:31 PM
What is the deal about some of the seniors at Highland Park that recently got in trouble for celebrating a student sponsored "Thug Day" at the school. The kids came dressed up as they percived thugs to dress and act. You can only imagine. One of the kids interviewed said he didn't see anything wrong with it, it was a tradition and they were just messing around. Less than a dozen were reprimanded by the Highland Park Administration. The NAACP was not happy about it. If this transends to their athletics, I hope they stay in 4A.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/102805dnmethighlandpark.220e85f.html

GoOwls
11-01-2005, 05:42 PM
What is the deal about some of the seniors at Highland Park that recently got in trouble for celebrating a student sponsored "Thug Day" at the school. The kids came dressed up as they percived thugs to dress and act. You can only imagine. One of the kids interviewed said he didn't see anything wrong with it, it was a tradition and they were just messing around. Less than a dozen were reprimanded by the Highland Park Administration. The NAACP was not happy about it. If this transends to their athletics, I hope they stay in 4A.

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/in...showtopic=90858

Man, do I have stories about the HP kids over the years. They are just as bad, if not worse, than the bad kids they percieve everybody else to be. They are worse in my opinion, because the have the MEANS to be creatively bad.

Red Raiders
11-01-2005, 05:43 PM

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/in...showtopic=90858

Were they dressing up too?

garlandowl08
11-01-2005, 05:53 PM
I heard on their "Thug day", there were people with fake afros, chains, "bling", and the like...and on "latino day" supposedly one student came to school with a leaf blower...yet again...class acts in HP

GoOwls
11-01-2005, 06:01 PM
I heard on their "Thug day", there were people with fake afros, chains, "bling", and the like...and on "latino day" supposedly one student came to school with a leaf blower...yet again...class acts in HP

It wasn't a few who did it, there were many kids who dressed up like lawn mowing crews with leaf blowers and weed eaters and maids uniforms and the like. They showed video on WFAA CH. 8 a few nights ago. Also, it wasn't two seperate days, at least not per the report, it was part of the dress-up for "thug day".

dentonRYAN
11-01-2005, 06:19 PM
We used to have "white trash" day..... probalby the best day of the year..... the school was not in favor of it....which made it that much better.... "thug day"....wow, if they did that at most other high schools in the dallas area....i dont think the HP kids would be laughing....lol

CoveFan05
11-01-2005, 06:24 PM
All this school is a bunch of rich kids that have never had to work a day in there life to get anything and they thought it would be cool to trash the people that dont have money like their parents do....

Red Raiders
11-01-2005, 06:25 PM
All this school is a bunch of rich kids that have never had to work a day in there life to get anything and they thought it would be cool to trash the people that dont have money like their parents do....

Lol i think its funny being dressing up "white trash"... Well 5 years ago our school was dressing up KKK (Ku Klux Klan) for making a speech over about bad stuff and they didn't get in trouble at all. Our school was once a racist school in Texas for some reason.

GoOwls
11-01-2005, 06:26 PM
We used to have "white trash" day..... probalby the best day of the year..... the school was not in favor of it....which made it that much better.... "thug day"....wow, if they did that at most other high schools in the dallas area....i dont think the HP kids would be laughing....lol

White Trash Day? That's sad. You may have had fun, but that's sad. I bet even at your fairly upper class school, there were kids there that had their feelings hurt by that. That's no better that what HP did.

Really........it's not funny. :mad:

Have some compassion for those not as fortunate as yourself.

Redneckn
11-01-2005, 06:26 PM
And this school is moving up to 5A?

I see nothing wrong with Thug day.. If the "thugs" are gonna make themselves some kind of a "celeb" then the rest of American has the right to make fun of how stupid they are...

Now, the guy with the leaf blower. That is going a little bit too far...

Red Raiders
11-01-2005, 06:27 PM

You can say our school don't work either I mean alot.

Red Raiders
11-01-2005, 06:28 PM
White Trash Day? That's sad. You may have had fun, but that's sad. I bet even at your fairly upper class school, there were kids there that had their feelings hurt by that. That's no better that what HP did.

Really........it's not funny. :mad:

Have some compassion for those not as fortunate as yourself.

I think its funny and I would love to dress up at our school if everyone is doing it.

GoOwls
11-01-2005, 06:33 PM
And this school is moving up to 5A?

I see nothing wrong with Thug day.. If the "thugs" are gonna make themselves some kind of a "celeb" then the rest of American has the right to make fun of how stupid they are...

Now, the guy with the leaf blower. That is going a little bit too far...

Let's get something straight here, these priviledged little snots didn't dress up like "fiddy cent" or some rapper, they dressed like their perception of the lower economic classes.

What you say is a cool thing to do, and the reality of what they did, are two different things.

GoOwls
11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
I think its funny and I would love to dress up at our school if everyone is doing it.

Well then, you are as sad as your spelling and punctuation. Maybe you should spend more time learning the basics so I don't have to pay for your welfare payments, some day, out of my taxes.

And pick up a conscience while you're at it.

Redneckn
11-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Let's get something straight here, these priviledged little snots didn't dress up like "fiddy cent" or some rapper, they dressed like their perception of the lower economic classes.

What you say is a cool thing to do, and the reality of what they did, are two different things.

I'm going to tread carefully here because I'm really not (this time) trying to offend anyone... But the kids are only mimicking what they see adults doing.
I'm not saying the parents of HP are bad parents either.. What I am saying I guess that it's human nature to poke fun at other people..

Wearing big afro wigs. I counted 5 obnoxiously huge grubby looking afros at work today. 2 were on White guys.

Mainly though I do see your point that it is offensive to people...And it may be uncalled for...At the same time, I turn on comedy central and see/hear non-whites poking fun at Whites...So I think both sides are guilty of it, but they should not be allowed to have this kind of activity at school.

KansCelica
11-01-2005, 07:25 PM
I couldnt find a link to such story on WFAA.com

Red Raiders
11-01-2005, 07:30 PM
I'm going to tread carefully here because I'm really not (this time) trying to offend anyone... But the kids are only mimicking what they see adults doing.
I'm not saying the parents of HP are bad parents either.. What I am saying I guess that it's human nature to poke fun at other people..

Wearing big afro wigs. I counted 5 obnoxiously huge grubby looking afros at work today. 2 were on White guys.

Mainly though I do see your point that it is offensive to people...And it may be uncalled for...At the same time, I turn on comedy central and see/hear non-whites poking fun at Whites...So I think both sides are guilty of it, but they should not be allowed to have this kind of activity at school.

I agree with you but..... I think its funny anyway.

Red Raiders
11-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Well then, you are as sad as your spelling and punctuation. Maybe you should spend more time learning the basics so I don't have to pay for your welfare payments, some day, out of my taxes.

And pick up a conscience while you're at it.

haha really? Where did I miss my spelling?

PackAttack2005
11-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Dallas Morning has an article:

HP students: 'Thug Day' dress not offensive

Some say high school's theme days crossed racial line

01:16 PM CDT on Friday, October 28, 2005

By SCOTT FARWELL JOSHUA BENTON and KRISTEN HOLLAND / The Dallas Morning News

Students at Highland Park High School dressed as gang members, rap stars, maids and yard workers this month during homecoming week – a tradition one Dallas civil-rights leader says is racially insensitive.

On senior Thug Day, students wore Afro wigs, fake gold teeth and baggy jeans. On Fiesta Day, which was to honor Hispanic heritage, one student brought a leaf blower to school.

"The scary part of something like this is you have to wonder how long these kids will continue to think this way," said Bob Lydia, president of the Dallas chapter of the NAACP. "These kids will be leaders of this country one day."

No students were punished, according to Highland Park High principal Patrick Cates. Fewer than a dozen students were asked to remove some of the clothing – bandanas and gold necklaces. The student with the leaf blower was asked to put the tool in his car.

Mr. Cates said the school's leaders will monitor the student council's selection of homecoming theme days in the future. Thug Day was not sanctioned by the school, but several students said seniors have dressed in gang-style and hip-hop attire for at least three years.

"The bottom line is that we need to maintain a healthy learning environment with no disruptions," Mr. Cates said. "When a few students take the opportunity to dress up and use it to make an inappropriate statement, we have a problem, and we will address that problem."

Helen Williams, the district's communications director, said 18 students were sent to the office on Thug Day for inappropriate attire.

No students were pulled out on Fiesta Day.

Students interviewed outside the school Thursday generally thought the reaction to the theme days Oct. 3 to 7 was overblown and that the activities were not offensive to minorities.

"Thug Day's been around as long as I can remember," said senior Ben Paschal. "This is the first time people have gotten upset about it."

Senior Katie Braden, who said she wore a LeBron James jersey that day, said she had heard that other high schools have a "Highland Park Day," when students dress up to make fun of Highland Park students. She considers it all in good fun. "It's not like we called it 'South Dallas Day' or anything," she said.

Lauren Perella said she wore a "wife-beater" tanktop and tennis shoes with only one sock. "We're just having fun," she said.

Katie said the theme days had been a subject of conversation among students recently, and that she'd heard that some teachers were offended. She said the student who showed up with a leaf blower crossed a line.

"I thought it was funny, but that's probably offensive," she said.

Elizabeth Carlock, the senior class president, said there's nothing racist about Thug Day.

"We had a 'Country Club Day' last year, and I don't see any difference between dressing up in country-club style and dressing up thug," she said. "We weren't being racist. It's Highland Park tradition."

Elizabeth said she wore baggy shorts and a Portland Trailblazers jersey on Thug Day. She said a teacher demanded that she sign a form acknowledging that she was not following the expected clothing theme of the day, Western-wear. She refused and was sent to the principal's office. "I wasn't breaking dress code," she said.

Some researchers say insensitivity is a direct result of the sort of racial isolation that exists in places like Highland Park.

"The reality is that they're ignorant of the lives of nonwhites – it's like a parallel universe," said Charles Gallagher, a sociology professor at Georgia State University who studies white perceptions of race. He has tracked the recent rise of racially themed events, such as so-called "ghetto parties," on university campuses.

"You have a community of adolescents who live in a complete white bubble," Dr. Gallagher said. Many Park Cities residents refer to their community as "The Bubble."

"If they have interactions with blacks or Hispanics, it's typically someone serving them a soft drink or the Mexican who cuts their lawn."

Highland Park High's student body is about 94 percent white. The school has six black, 65 Hispanic and 32 Asian students.

Dr. Gallagher said the increasing frequency of ghetto parties is linked to the emotional distance young people feel from the civil-rights movement.

"They think America is colorblind and that racism has disappeared," he said. "Color becomes a style – if a white kid wants to put on a FUBU shirt, he can do it. They can have something like this and say, 'I wasn't being racist – I was just playing with these symbols.'"

Elizabeth said both controversial theme days should continue, but that administrators should be more vigilant about sending home students who dress inappropriately.

"I apologize for the few students who were dressed inappropriately," she said. "But we were not being racist."

E-mail sfarwell@dallasnews.com , jbenton@dallasnews.com, kholland@dallasnews.com

GoOwls
11-01-2005, 07:44 PM

I'm totally with you about the double-standard we see every day on TV. It's deplaorble and loaded with hypocracy. However, just because someone else does something, it doesn't make it OK. I would hope the HP parents would hold their "future CEO's" to a higher standard, but all we see is a peek into how they will probably treat their minority and poor white employees some day.

The HP parents are mostly to blame for this, as you said. They most certainly know that their kids do these things and they don't stop it. Anyone who paid attention at the Ennis/HP playoff game at Texas Stadium a few years ago and sat on the Ennis side, could back me up. Some of the HP fans in the luxury suites were just horrible, and their parnets looked on and just smiled.

Red Raiders
11-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Dallas Morning has an article:

HP students: 'Thug Day' dress not offensive

Some say high school's theme days crossed racial line

01:16 PM CDT on Friday, October 28, 2005

By SCOTT FARWELL JOSHUA BENTON and KRISTEN HOLLAND / The Dallas Morning News

Students at Highland Park High School dressed as gang members, rap stars, maids and yard workers this month during homecoming week – a tradition one Dallas civil-rights leader says is racially insensitive.

On senior Thug Day, students wore Afro wigs, fake gold teeth and baggy jeans. On Fiesta Day, which was to honor Hispanic heritage, one student brought a leaf blower to school.

"The scary part of something like this is you have to wonder how long these kids will continue to think this way," said Bob Lydia, president of the Dallas chapter of the NAACP. "These kids will be leaders of this country one day."

No students were punished, according to Highland Park High principal Patrick Cates. Fewer than a dozen students were asked to remove some of the clothing – bandanas and gold necklaces. The student with the leaf blower was asked to put the tool in his car.

Mr. Cates said the school's leaders will monitor the student council's selection of homecoming theme days in the future. Thug Day was not sanctioned by the school, but several students said seniors have dressed in gang-style and hip-hop attire for at least three years.

"The bottom line is that we need to maintain a healthy learning environment with no disruptions," Mr. Cates said. "When a few students take the opportunity to dress up and use it to make an inappropriate statement, we have a problem, and we will address that problem."

Helen Williams, the district's communications director, said 18 students were sent to the office on Thug Day for inappropriate attire.

No students were pulled out on Fiesta Day.

Students interviewed outside the school Thursday generally thought the reaction to the theme days Oct. 3 to 7 was overblown and that the activities were not offensive to minorities.

"Thug Day's been around as long as I can remember," said senior Ben Paschal. "This is the first time people have gotten upset about it."

Senior Katie Braden, who said she wore a LeBron James jersey that day, said she had heard that other high schools have a "Highland Park Day," when students dress up to make fun of Highland Park students. She considers it all in good fun. "It's not like we called it 'South Dallas Day' or anything," she said.

Lauren Perella said she wore a "wife-beater" tanktop and tennis shoes with only one sock. "We're just having fun," she said.

Katie said the theme days had been a subject of conversation among students recently, and that she'd heard that some teachers were offended. She said the student who showed up with a leaf blower crossed a line.

"I thought it was funny, but that's probably offensive," she said.

Elizabeth Carlock, the senior class president, said there's nothing racist about Thug Day.

"We had a 'Country Club Day' last year, and I don't see any difference between dressing up in country-club style and dressing up thug," she said. "We weren't being racist. It's Highland Park tradition."

Elizabeth said she wore baggy shorts and a Portland Trailblazers jersey on Thug Day. She said a teacher demanded that she sign a form acknowledging that she was not following the expected clothing theme of the day, Western-wear. She refused and was sent to the principal's office. "I wasn't breaking dress code," she said.

Some researchers say insensitivity is a direct result of the sort of racial isolation that exists in places like Highland Park.

"The reality is that they're ignorant of the lives of nonwhites – it's like a parallel universe," said Charles Gallagher, a sociology professor at Georgia State University who studies white perceptions of race. He has tracked the recent rise of racially themed events, such as so-called "ghetto parties," on university campuses.

"You have a community of adolescents who live in a complete white bubble," Dr. Gallagher said. Many Park Cities residents refer to their community as "The Bubble."

"If they have interactions with blacks or Hispanics, it's typically someone serving them a soft drink or the Mexican who cuts their lawn."

Highland Park High's student body is about 94 percent white. The school has six black, 65 Hispanic and 32 Asian students.

Dr. Gallagher said the increasing frequency of ghetto parties is linked to the emotional distance young people feel from the civil-rights movement.

"They think America is colorblind and that racism has disappeared," he said. "Color becomes a style – if a white kid wants to put on a FUBU shirt, he can do it. They can have something like this and say, 'I wasn't being racist – I was just playing with these symbols.'"

Elizabeth said both controversial theme days should continue, but that administrators should be more vigilant about sending home students who dress inappropriately.

"I apologize for the few students who were dressed inappropriately," she said. "But we were not being racist."

E-mail sfarwell@dallasnews.com , jbenton@dallasnews.com, kholland@dallasnews.com

I just read it before you posted it on here...

I think this is stuff so funny! but I think this stuff is not racial issue and I wouldn't care if Black or Hispanic wearing "Country Club Style" that our school wear like Polo or Abercrombie, I wouldn't care if they wear that at their school to make fun of us, I just think its funny anyway. Nothing bad but bringing Leaf Blower is not acceptable at school. Highland Park did it because other schools in South Dallas were doing that to make fun of them but thats ok anyway because I think its so funny.

PackAttack2005
11-01-2005, 08:01 PM
I don't think there is anything funny about any part of it.

BigArab
11-01-2005, 08:23 PM
I find what they did to be completely unacceptable. Of course the kids don't see it as wrong because they do live in that "white bubble". Everything outside of that is completely foreign to them, and because they haven't ventured outside of the bubble to figure out what is real and what is stereotyped, then they just rely on the stereotype. If they ventured out for even a day, they would find out that it is offensive. Shame on these parents too for A. Not educating them on sensitivity to other cultures, and B. For not policing what they're wearing. The parents of that kid who brought the leaf blower should not have let him leave with that.

Bootsdaddy
11-01-2005, 10:13 PM
the kids wearing the maid outfits and the yard worker uniforms were totally out of line but wearing hip-hop attire on thug day is not that bad. Rappers like 50 cent and Tupac have made millions of dollars glorifying "Thug Life". Nelly even put out a drink called "Pimp Juice" If you want respect make an album about something other than gangstas, pimps, *****es and hoes, drug dealing, big booties, etc.

LPFAN
11-01-2005, 10:43 PM
You reap what you sow and they will find that out one day.

Redneckn
11-01-2005, 11:49 PM
As long as you're in America, you shouldn't really have to be "sensitive" to other cultures...It should be choice to be sensitive or not...After all, none of these other "cultures" have a problem trampling all over "White" culture. You cannot force diversity and as long as you try, you will have incidents such as this...When people see a real need to be more diverse, they will be more diverse on their own. When these upper class White kids see White people being "tarred and feathered" in the news everyday for being White, they will not respect those with the buckets of tar and bags of feathers.

There is no such thing as a "white bubble". There may indeed be a "class" bubble though. As long as we are a society based on the "free enterprise" system, there will be different classes and they will tend to seperate themselves. Can you think about a society where everyone is the same and everybody sees everybody as his equal? That is not human nature to be that way.. Besides, can you really imagine a world with no "leaders"? It would be mass choas...Leaderless peasants going at each other...The world needs leaders...
If there wasn't "the man", who would we all be trying to screw over? :D

JoeC
11-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Here we go again, and the beat goes on . . . My son goes to LHS and he says that some of the white kids dress in this trendy fashion (these kids mean no harm, they're genuine) . . . People that have not experienced racism is for the most part, clueless to insensitivity. I wonder if this day had been called "Hip Hop" day would the backlash have been the same. Probably, but would it be justified labeled as racist; me myself, I would think not. Hip Hop within itself, is not racist; on the other hand, "Thug" as labeled on children of AA descent is distinctly and blatantly derogatory and therefore fundamentally racist. What bothers me, as an African American, is the fact that people that are clueless refers to this style as "Thug". Forget that our children have lost their own cultural integrity by calling themselves names given to them by an elites economic group. . . The N-word was given life by this same group yet our children dishonor themselves with it on a daily basis. Would it be OK to have a N-day? I think not!! My son dresses in this so-called Thug fashion which is completely culture driven; and believe me when I say this, "he is not a Thug." Here is the truth, people in power have throughout History ridiculed lower socioeconomic subgroups or as they used to refer to them - "Proletariats". And why? Because they are impervious to the same kind of psychological stress. Think about it, the pain is not the same if a poor kid pokes fun of the rich; alternatively, it hurts like hell when the rich subject the poor (the have nots - to a certain degree) to ridicule, both mental and physical. To them (the haves) this is "fun", it's ok - it's not racist. The truth, these people do not know the intimate definition of the word. According to The American Heritage College dictionary a Thug is 1) A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum. 2) One of a band of professional assassins; a cheat, one who conceals. It is not suitable for people of a different culture to openly call our children by such a name even if our culture has so-called adopted it themselves. Thug as a word is nothing itself but a meaningless word, but if you put an Afro on it - then it becomes very relevant. Has anybody (parents, adults, teachers, adminstrators, Principal, Superintendent?) stopped long enough to consider the feelings of the AA children at HP? I very seriously doubt it . . . . I tell you what, let's have other racist days like say . . . mafia day - we've already had "wet b@xk day" - sh#t, it's fun!!!

jtk1519
11-02-2005, 12:50 AM
Most of the kids at Highland Park get a bad rep because of a bunch of idiots. A friend of mine started working in the HPISD a year or so ago. I talked to him about this (he doesn’t work at HP High BTW) and he said there are a bunch of dumb, rich kids at that school, but there are far more great young men and women who get buried behind the stupidity of others.

The fact is that "outsiders" drive by that campus and they see students pulling up in BMWs and Hummers and all those pre-conceived notions start popping up. These are spoiled rich kids. They don't know the meaning of the word work. Those people that do that and say those things are no different than the rich kids that stick their noses up at poor black students.

What people have done here is label an entire school district in a negative way because of what a minority of the population has done. Now tell me, how is that any different than the HP kids labeling and entire race as "thugs" because of what a minority of their population has done? What those kids did was to perpetuate certain stereotypes about a group of people. In an attempt to condemn those kids, many of you have done the exact same thing.

v2the4
11-02-2005, 02:46 AM
I live in the Houston area, so Im not really familiar with the Highland Park "way of life". I do know that Highland Park is an exclusive enclave within the Dallas community where most of the residents are multi-millionaires, doctors, lawyers, oil and energy executives, and money reigns supreme.

We have a couple of areas similiar to Highland park in finiancial clout and status here in Houston which are, River Oaks, West University Place/Bellaire, Memorial, and other pockets of clout around the metropolitian area.

I dont know why the anyone is making a big fuss out of it. Besides the fact that it is highly in-sensitive to dress a certain way and then label it as a thug day, these kids are only living out fantasy's that they see everyday on their favorite tv shows on BET, MTV, UPN and Fox, or what their favorite rappers cd that they are jamming in the cd player.

For some strange reason, you rarely see blacks or hispanic people making fun of whites in person and dress, but you see white folks making an *** out of themselves all the time by trying to "hold it down" ,"keeping it real" ,"living life as a thug" etc

Most of these kids have probably not had any interaction with black or hispanic people unless they were being served some coffee, had their oil changed in their bmw's or hummer's or were being rung up at the check out register.

I dont think personally they had to get afro wigs, fake gold teeth and black designer clothing to be "thugged out" as they like call to call it...they could have worn their designer suits, dresses and shoes, and just followed the examples of those white thugs at Enron, WorldCom,Conseco, Tyco, Delphi, United Airlines and others who have destroyed more lives than anyone can imagine.

but, we know kids are gonna kids, so its not going to stop this year..there will be plenty of "thug days" at Highland Park and other schools similiar that, wheter announced or unannounced.

JoeC
11-02-2005, 02:53 AM
What people have done here is label an entire school district in a negative way because of what a minority of the population has done. Now tell me, how is that any different than the HP kids labeling and entire race as "thugs" because of what a minority of their population has done? What those kids did was to perpetuate certain stereotypes about a group of people. In an attempt to condemn those kids, many of you have done the exact same thing.

I agree, I do not totally blame the children nor do I practice generalization; obviously, there are good people in every race. Contrary to what some may think, this includes African Americans. All black people, never mind how media mendacity has portrayed us, are not thugs, drug dealers and pimps . . . To a large degree I blame peer pressure, parents [and extended family], teachers, administrators, principles, superintendents, pastors and the media above all . . . Sadly, hypocrisy in the home has a way of rearing its ugly head beyond the walls of perceived seclusion. In most cases [but clearly not all], children act out the actions, beliefs, practices and principles (values) of their parents or other family members. Again, I don't totally blame these children; I blame a culture that is very capable of ending these types of practices [at least in the general public]. Unfortunately people tend to think they can practice racism behind closed doors; fortunately children can recognize this hypocrisy when they live it as their daily bread - even after attending church, the most segregated place in America . . . In many instances these afflicted children act out what they live in their homes - sadly, they see no wrong in it until it causes some type of mental anguish or instability. It becomes the fun thing to do . . . As we become a more diverse society what effect (consequence) will it have on the mental stability of these children, young adults and society as a whole? :confused: :o

NMHS fan
11-02-2005, 06:36 AM
The Garland fans said they had posters at one of their games at HP that said something like 'Our Maids all live in Garland!' HP was our biggest rival when I was at North Mesquite back when they were still 5A. I never liked them too much.

farmerfan
11-02-2005, 06:41 AM
The Garland fans said they had posters at one of their games at HP that said something like 'Our Maids all live in Garland!' HP was our biggest rival when I was at North Mesquite back when they were still 5A. I never liked them too much.

They have some pretty classless signs. At one of the Ennis playoff games, I believe it was 2001, they had their typical "Cash beats trash" sign, well after the game Ennis responded with "Our Trash just beat your cash' ***" and Graham Harrel went over to the sign and ripped it down. I will have to think of some more, but Highland Park has been known to have some pretty tasteless signs at football games.

CCBoy
11-02-2005, 07:07 AM
the kids wearing the maid outfits and the yard worker uniforms were totally out of line but wearing hip-hop attire on thug day is not that bad. Rappers like 50 cent and Tupac have made millions of dollars glorifying "Thug Life". Nelly even put out a drink called "Pimp Juice" If you want respect make an album about something other than gangstas, pimps, *****es and hoes, drug dealing, big booties, etc.
The hip hop culture was around long before Tupac, 50 cent, and all the other rappers that use those profane lyrics. You need to understand the real hip hop culture because there are many positive artist other than the ones your'e talking about. On Fiesta Day they had students dressing like maids and yardworkers, and that is just good clean fun poking at hispanics.... I guess? If someone pinches you and it hurts, how can the person that is doing the pinching say that it doesn't hurt? It is what it is, flatout racism. No one should have to go through it whether it be blacks, hispanics, whites, or any other ethnic group. The last place for this type of thing should be at a school, and it is proof that this stuff still exist.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 08:56 AM
What is up with Highland Park? You ask...

Nothing!

It's the same old prickish, wealth-encompassed school it's been for many years, now!

Fact is, the parents of these students don't care! So why should the students? The parents are rich socialites that block out the surroundings of the world, via Highlands Park finest, and say yes to every desire a rich-brat could ask for. The snobbish youths then drive themselves to school, in their Mercedes Benz, and on the way there, they throw insulting remarks at the less fortunate people who cut the yards of the neighborhood...or humorously call out the gettho-endured citizens of the poor class who walk along the city street, on their way to the same old tired bus stop.

Highland Park is just being itself, an enclosed little city unto itself! Consider it the "O.C." of inner-Dallas! However, to dress up as "thugs" is odd, because you'd think you'd have to know a little about what creates a thug....and I assure you these "Mommy...can I have the credit card this weekend?" brats know nothing about them! Would these same "rich-class thugs" walk into Dallas Carter, Kimball or Wilmer Hutchins...dressed that way, shouting lyrics and spewing the "N-word" from their mouthes? I doubt it very seriously! That would mean they'd have to have some sort of relation, at heart...which they don't. Plus they'd have to have some kind of toughness...which is laughable.

To dress up as yard workers is the key, here, though. It's not just the "stereo-typical" move, that many could care less about, it's the degrading effort. It's a "Look at me! I got a hot car, hot chick and lots of money...and you're nothing vado"...kind of move! It shows the hidden hatred and defiance that the rich-class kids/parents still have in this country. The "I'm a God...you're beneath me!" kind of attitude that flourished in this country for hundreds of years.

So I'm not so surprised, at all! The rich will never change....especially their snotty little spoiled children, who have no clue of what a work ethic feels like!

I do hope, however, kids such as Matthew Stafford - the #1 Qb in the country, was not one of them...and he doesn't have that kind of attitude. Cus if he does he'll find himself waking up in the middle of the night, at the University of Georgia, with several "brothers" standing over him....and they'll all have themselves quite a "life-changing" discussion! ;)

pack0808
11-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Why do i have a feeling that if a inner city school or one of the valley school's dressed up like a bunch of rich white boy's this would not be an issue or a news story?? I am not going to go into this because i do not wanto be INSENSITIVE or hurt anybody's FEELING'S. :rolleyes: Do not get me wrong i do not support what these kid's did!! Especially the leaf blower and maid thing on hispanic day. That is just ignorant and wrong. But where is this outrage when black comedians constantly make fun of white people etc etc?? You do not see the white version of the naacp going after them in those cases. Why are some so ultra sensitive when it is the other way around?? There is a HUGE double standard in today's society, but i guess America is just paying for their very racist past?? But many of you are stereotyping also!! calling everyone in hp rich white rude mommy boy snobs. What is the difference?? I guarantee that is not completely true!! I bet there is good and bad people in HP just like there is in any other town.

pack0808
11-02-2005, 09:21 AM
quote by thegreatone
I do hope, however, kids such as Matthew Stafford - the #1 Qb in the country, was not one of them...and he doesn't have that kind of attitude. Cus if he does he'll find himself waking up in the middle of the night, at the University of Georgia, with several "brothers" standing over him....and they'll all have themselves quite a "life-changing" discussion! ;)

So should "honkey's" get a big group of kids to stand over the bed of a black star qb to have a "life-changing" discussion because of insensitive remarks or actions about white people he has made in the past thegreatone?? :rolleyes:

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 09:26 AM
quote by thegreatone

So should "honkey's" get a big group of kids to stand over the bed of a black star qb to have a "life-changing" discussion because of insensitive remarks or actions about white people he has made in the past thegreatone?? :rolleyes:

I would bet that has happened hundreds of 1000's of times (in the past) and it had nothing to do with what a black kid remarked about honkeys......but more so to do with the color of his skin! Big difference! ;)

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Why do i have a feeling that if a inner city school or one of the valley school's dressed up like a bunch of rich white boy's this would not be an issue or a news story?? I am not going to go into this because i do not wanto be INSENSITIVE or hurt anybody's FELLING'S. :rolleyes: Do not get me wrong i do not support what these kid's did!! Especially the leaf blower and maid thing on hispanic day. That is just ignorant and wrong. But where is this outrage when black comedians constantly make fun of white people etc etc?? You do not see the white version of the naacp going after them in those cases. Why are some so ultra sensitive when it is the other way around?? There is a HUGE double standard in today's society, but i guess America is just paying for their very racist past?? But many of you are stereotyping also!! calling everyone in hp rich white rude mommy boy snobs. What is the difference?? I guarantee that is not completely true!! I bet there is good and bad people in HP just like there is in any other town.

This may hurt...but the naacp was founded with the intent on stopping a plague that graced this country for hundreds of years...racism, in it's purest form. It was called "systematic oppression"! So the white version of the naacp, in it's purest form, died out nearly 40 years ago.

And there is nothing ignorant about consciencously dressing yourself up as the a maid or leaf blower, on Hispanic Day! It's called stupidity! Big difference!

It's sad to say....many black comedians do make fun of whites...but there is a dark hatred behind it! There is still resentmen, bitterness and hate that lurks in the hearts of many minorities. The horror stories blacks are told, from their parents and grandparents are beyond harsh.....obviously, the in-humane treatment minorities endured was unbelievable! That is not an excuse, and of course, not all blacks are pulled over because they drive expensive vehicles, but events such as what happened at HP, reminds us that this kind of careless attitude still occurs! Is there a double standard for comedians and HP students? I think you could argue there is, however the comedian tells a "white guy" joke for laughs in a comedic venue....these kids did what they did at a public school, for sh**s and giggles! Ask a white person, after a comedy routine, if he was offended, most has/will anser "NO!".....go ask a leaf blower at a nearby home, minding his own business - doing his JOB, if he feels offended by what the kids at HP did, he'll most likely say "YES"!

Are we trying to change the world? Of course! Is it going to take alot longer? You bet'cha!

But the act of disrespect by these snobbish little wannabe's is pathetic!

JoeC
11-02-2005, 09:57 AM
As long as you're in America, you shouldn't really have to be "sensitive" to other cultures...It should be choice to be sensitive or not...After all, none of these other "cultures" have a problem trampling all over "White" culture. You cannot force diversity and as long as you try, you will have incidents such as this...When people see a real need to be more diverse, they will be more diverse on their own. When these upper class White kids see White people being "tarred and feathered" in the news everyday for being White, they will not respect those with the buckets of tar and bags of feathers.

There is no such thing as a "white bubble". There may indeed be a "class" bubble though. As long as we are a society based on the "free enterprise" system, there will be different classes and they will tend to seperate themselves. Can you think about a society where everyone is the same and everybody sees everybody as his equal? That is not human nature to be that way.. Besides, can you really imagine a world with no "leaders"? It would be mass choas...Leaderless peasants going at each other...The world needs leaders...
If there wasn't "the man", who would we all be trying to screw over? :D

Not trying to pick on you - "but man did you start out good and then progressively regressed. I don't believe you meant any harm by the way you ended your post but its just this kind of thinking that drives racism. Racism is not intrinsic or some force of nature; racism is driven by culture (social engineering). Are you aware that for thousands of years race was not an issue; for the most part this is a modern day phenomenon. There were many ancient societies that lived in harmony with other races including the Ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans. Class of wealth, not race, drove seperation. But if we inflict a class of people (by race) with inequality, guess what you get. You get a poorer than thou subgroup and ultimately, the by-products are racism and chaos. And as for leaders, this does not have to be driven by race either; leaders come in all shades. I'll say this again, racism is not intrinsic - its culture driven . . . :( :o Think about it, little children could care less about what color of skin their friends have . . . End racism now(!!), together we have the almighty power of one. ;) Have a good day and a good life and do your part to ensure other human beings have equal opportunity . . . I am done with this thread . . . :cool:

raidercheerdad
11-02-2005, 09:57 AM

Just as the HP kids that participated in this did, you are making broad generalities! There are many hard-working, successful students that come from this area. I'm sure there are spoiled rich kids coming out of almost every high school in America and I'm sure that HP has an overabundance of them; however, where people get blamed for being racist and bigots is by putting a blanket over everybody in a particular category!

pack0808
11-02-2005, 10:00 AM
This may hurt...but the naacp was founded with the intent on stopping a plague that graced this country for hundreds of years...racism, in it's purest form. It was called "systematic oppression"! So the white version of the naacp, in it's purest form, died out nearly 40 years ago.

And there is nothing ignorant about consciencously dressing yourself up as the a maid or leaf blower, on Hispanic Day! It's called stupidity! Big difference!

It's sad to say....many black comedians do make fun of whites...but there is a dark hatred behind it! There is still resentmen, bitterness and hate that lurks in the hearts of many minorities. The horror stories blacks are told, from their parents and grandparents are beyond harsh.....obviously, the in-humane treatment minorities endured was unbelievable! That is not an excuse, and of course, not all blacks are pulled over because they drive expensive vehicles, but events such as what happened at HP, reminds us that this kind of careless attitude still occurs! Is there a double standard for comedians and HP students? I think you could argue there is, however the comedian tells a "white guy" joke for laughs in a comedic venue....these kids did what they did at a public school, for sh**s and giggles! Ask a white person, after a comedy routine, if he was offended, most has/will anser "NO!".....go ask a leaf blower at a nearby home, minding his own business - doing his JOB, if he feels offended by what the kids at HP did, he'll most likely say "YES"!

Are we trying to change the world? Of course! Is it going to take alot longer? You bet'cha!

I agree with some of your points but disagree with most. I could argue all day with you but i am not going to bother. You see it one way and i see it another. We will have to agree to disagree. I will say this, the sensitivity and the political correctness in today's world is beyond nauseating.

raidercheerdad
11-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Lol i think its funny being dressing up "white trash"... Well 5 years ago our school was dressing up KKK (Ku Klux Klan) for making a speech over about bad stuff and they didn't get in trouble at all. Our school was once a racist school in Texas for some reason.

Tyler Lee - much like Thomas Jefferson in Dallas and many other schools in the South, used to have the team mascot of the Rebels and used the Rebel Flag in as the team symbol. Many of these schools fought tooth and nail to keep that mascot and flag. It was the predecessor to the battle over Native American mascots that is going on in the present day.

implacable44
11-02-2005, 10:03 AM
i am suprised to hear your thoughts on this matter great one - especially with the "aston martin" , "82 inch plasma" "exotic women" etc.... comments you make. I wonder will your kids be highland park kids ?

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 10:08 AM
i am suprised to hear your thoughts on this matter great one - especially with the "aston martin" , "82 inch plasma" "exotic women" etc.... comments you make. I wonder will your kids be highland park kids ?

[quick answer]

uh...no! :p

DragonFan
11-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Let me first give my disclaimer that this post is not intended to disrespect anyone.

The "Thug" day at Highland park is simply a theme dress day. It would be no different if they had a "Boys Band", or "Diva" day. The kids today are blessed with much more color blind eyes than many of us older posters on this board. The kids are all mimicing the style, and attitude that has been displayed by the performing arts via MTV, VH1, BET, Fox, UBN, movies, music, radio, magazines, etc. "Thug" is an attitude and way of dress. It is not an indictment on a entire ethnic group. Just like "Redneck" day would not be an indictment of Southern Living. Jeff Foxworth and Chris Rock both find humor in the diversity of our American Culture or should I say American Race. Tiger Woods is a product of the American Race. The American Race is a collection of ethnic bloods that are all intermingled with a single goal in mind to allow each of us to live in freedom.

The American people need to learn form the Native Americans who were here before all of us imigrants. In order to be a member of a tribe you have to have a certain large percentage, 50+, of "blood" to be a memeber of that tribe. However, a member of the Souix tribe married a Blackfoot who then had an offspring that married a simular blooded Cheyanne. That child could not be a member of any tribe because her percentage of native tribe blood would not allow her to be a memeber in any of her ancestiral tribes! Her anchestery might have been exclusivly native American, but she is not concered one herself! That is the attitude that needs to prevail today. It does not matter where our anchestry started, it is where we are today. We are All Americans!

High Schools have had Theme Dress days for years, Be it Preppy Day, Sadie Hawkins day, Thug Day, Fiesta Day, Holloween, Spirit Day, etc. I am proud that my children see their friends as people and not as a sub-catorgory of person. Be they White, Black, handicapped, Oriental, Christian, Jew, Muslum, or Hispanic they are all still just Americans!

Any Theme day will have inappropiate dress. That is the way it is with High School Kids. They always want to "push the limit". It is our job as adults to foster tolerents but to also understand that our kids are a lot more tolerant than a lot of us are.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 10:10 AM
I agree with some of your points but disagree with most. I could argue all day with you but i am not going to bother. You see it one way and i see it another. We will have to agree to disagree. I will say this, the sensitivity and the political correctness in today's world is beyond nauseating.

omg...if that ain't the truth! :D

implacable44
11-02-2005, 10:10 AM

racism runs both ways - all ways. I can't imagine a more racist individual on the planet than the leader of the Nation of Islam and his co-horts - the new black panthers etc. - Louis Farakkhan and Malik Zulu Shabazz -- I mean are there two people on the planet more ignorant and beligerent than these two ? Have you heard some of the comments that they make ? UNBELIEVABLE _ and what about that clown Dr. Kamau Kambon who proclaims that all white people should be exterminated ?

implacable44
11-02-2005, 10:12 AM
[quick answer]

uh...no! :p

okay - it just seemed to me you had somewhat of a materialistic nature - only concerned with worldly things and being rich - much like we are accusing these HP kids of. - looking down on others who might not be as fortunate.

LoneRocket
11-02-2005, 10:14 AM
racism runs both ways - all ways. I can't imagine a more racist individual on the planet than the leader of the Nation of Islam and his co-horts - the new black panthers etc. - Louis Farakkhan and Malik Zulu Shabazz -- I mean are there two people on the planet more ignorant and beligerent than these two ? Have you heard some of the comments that they make ? UNBELIEVABLE _ and what about that clown Dr. Kamau Kambon who proclaims that all white people should be exterminated ?
May I ask what Louis Farakkhan and Bill Bennet had said lately?

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 10:18 AM
okay - it just seemed to me you had somewhat of a materialistic nature - only concerned with worldly things and being rich - much like we are accusing these HP kids of. - looking down on others who might not be as fortunate.

true :p ....
very materialistic!....but i'd never look down on others who might not be as fortunate! i didn't grow up wealthy, and it probably worked out for the best, that way!

CCBoy
11-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Why do i have a feeling that if a inner city school or one of the valley school's dressed up like a bunch of rich white boy's this would not be an issue or a news story?? I am not going to go into this because i do not wanto be INSENSITIVE or hurt anybody's FEELING'S. :rolleyes: Do not get me wrong i do not support what these kid's did!! Especially the leaf blower and maid thing on hispanic day. That is just ignorant and wrong. But where is this outrage when black comedians constantly make fun of white people etc etc?? You do not see the white version of the naacp going after them in those cases. Why are some so ultra sensitive when it is the other way around?? There is a HUGE double standard in today's society, but i guess America is just paying for their very racist past?? But many of you are stereotyping also!! calling everyone in hp rich white rude mommy boy snobs. What is the difference?? I guarantee that is not completely true!! I bet there is good and bad people in HP just like there is in any other town.
If you saw my comments earlier I said no one should have to go through that type of thing whether they were black, hispanic, or white . So I hope that you don't think it's okay for them to do these things because of comedian's remarks, and it is a sensitive subject don't get me wrong, and it will be for a long time because we have come a long way as minorities, but you must admit that it still exist today. I've been told that we just need to get over it and move on, but how can you when you face it everyday....Most of the time indirectly now days. We pretty much get along great on this board, but I have seen some crazy things said by certain posters and I just refrain from entertaining some remarks. I'd like to thank everyone on this board that have put away America's old way of thinking and can intermingle with anyone without offending anyone's culture or ethnic backgrounds. I love all yall and that's how it's going to be period.

implacable44
11-02-2005, 10:21 AM

lately as in when ? - that president bush blew up the dykes in LA. or the great wheel that was in the sky that farakkhan visited?

bill bennet - I guess you are referring to his comments about abortion and if all black babies had been aborted the crime rate would be reduced?

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 10:21 AM

not a fan of either....and could careless about their beliefs. they're idiots, always have been and always will be!

and i'll let you guys in on a little secret, that may help with my identity....

[whispering]

....i'm black. :p

pack0808
11-02-2005, 10:22 AM

Whatever they have said lately i am betting it is extreme nonsense!! :p

implacable44
11-02-2005, 10:23 AM
true :p ....
very materialistic!....but i'd never look down on others who might not be as fortunate! i didn't grow up wealthy, and it probably worked out for the best, that way!

are you sure about that ? because I remember when you and I had a discussion and you made several comments that a reasonable person would interpret to be demeaning due to economic status - that is to say -- it appeared to me that you felt superior becuase you believe that you have more money than I do - hence the aston martin - sip drinks - 82 inch plasma - sex with exotic women - huge house etc.. comments. At least that was the perception.

implacable44
11-02-2005, 10:24 AM
not a fan of either....and could careless about their beliefs. they're idiots, always have been and always will be!

[whispering]

why dont you take exception with their comments but you do take excpetion with the actions of some rich with kids at HP who are idiots?

LoneRocket
11-02-2005, 10:25 AM
lately as in when ? - that president bush blew up the dykes in LA. or the great wheel that was in the sky that farakkhan visited?

bill bennet - I guess you are referring to his comments about abortion and if all black babies had been aborted the crime rate would be reduced?
He never said Bush blew up the leaves in LA, He said that people in LA were reporting hearing explosions in LA after the storm past, Was there anything else he said lately? Bill Bennet (mr moral majority) said that, wow. There are extremist on both sides of the fence and they feed on these types of posts.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 10:28 AM
are you sure about that ? because I remember when you and I had a discussion and you made several comments that a reasonable person would interpret to be demeaning due to economic status - that is to say -- it appeared to me that you felt superior becuase you believe that you have more money than I do - hence the aston martin - sip drinks - 82 inch plasma - sex with exotic women - huge house etc.. comments. At least that was the perception.

did i experience those things? yes! was I doing those things at the time? yep! was i trying to get under your skin? of course! ;)

i apologized to everyone on this site, for some of the things i said. however, i never thought you took it as me talking down to you, due to you being less fortunate! how could i? i have no idea who you are, and what you do!

wow! you really took what i said to heart! i was trying to "pi** you off"! and again, i apologized.

implacable44
11-02-2005, 10:30 AM
did i experience those things? yes! was I doing those things at the time? yep! was i trying to get under your skin? of course! ;)

i apologized to everyone on this site, for some of the things i said. however, i never thought you took it as me talking down to you, due to you being less fortunate! how could i? i have no idea who you are, and what you do!

wow! you really took what i said to heart! i was trying to "pi** you off"! and again, i apologized.

no you didn't piss me off - rather I read your comments and I found them a tad bit hypocritical based on the conversation we had --it would be kind of like william jefferson clinton telling me to be faithful and respect my vows of marraige --- but if you say it was in jest then I will take you at your word that you don't really feel that way.

CCBoy
11-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Football

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 10:33 AM
why dont you take exception with their comments but you do take excpetion with the actions of some rich with kids at HP who are idiots?

beliefs and actions are two total different things! i could care less about beliefs and talk....but to act out your belief, is something totally different!

terrorists can hate America all they want to.....but when they get into Airplanes and use them to kill 3000 human beings, based on those beliefs, it becomes much much more!

pack0808
11-02-2005, 10:33 AM

[whispering]

No way your black your kidding me?? ;) Oh i am sorry i am being insensitive that is racial profiling do not throw me in jail or call your buddies in the NAACP. Wait, you are in the NAACP correct?? I do not know many white men that are in the NAACP.

raidercheerdad
11-02-2005, 10:36 AM
To dress up as yard workers is the key, here, though. It's not just the "stereo-typical" move, that many could care less about, it's the degrading effort. It's a "Look at me! I got a hot car, hot chick and lots of money...and you're nothing vado"...kind of move! It shows the hidden hatred and defiance that the rich-class kids/parents still have in this country. The "I'm a God...you're beneath me!" kind of attitude that flourished in this country for hundreds of years.

This attitude from the truly wealthy in our country is not new and either fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, isn't racially motivated. Even if you are caucasian(whatever that is), if you aren't in their social circles, you are "beneath" them. How you act, react, or respond to that type of attitude is probably what defines who you really are.

I say let them live in their little bubble, control their world, have fun ridiculing me when I'm not around, and burn in hell when they die! lol

implacable44
11-02-2005, 10:37 AM
He never said Bush blew up the leaves in LA, He said that people in LA were reporting hearing explosions in LA after the storm past, Was there anything else he said lately? Bill Bennet (mr moral majority) said that, wow. There are extremist on both sides of the fence and they feed on these types of posts.

he didn't say that ? I heard Mallik on radio on tv say those very words. BUSH BLEW UP THE LEVEES ( sean hannity radio and tv on fox) and the comments 0 originally made by the founder of the thousand man march - was also supported by Spike Lee on the Bill Maher show -

perhaps we are hung up on semantics here- when I say Bush I refer to his whole administration and farakkhan in his comment referred to the administration and the goverment - where malik actually said the words bush blew up the levees to sean hannity.

implacable44
11-02-2005, 10:40 AM
beliefs and actions are two total different things! i could care less about beliefs and talk....but to act out your belief, is something totally different!

terrorists can hate America all they want to.....but when they get into Airplanes and use them to kill 3000 human beings, based on those beliefs, it becomes much much more!

oh so you prefer to act after the devestation instead of curbing it before it happens - very clintonesque of you - The belief is what leads to the action. prevention of the action is a far superior defense to responding to the action that was initiated with a radical belief.

BigArab
11-02-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm just proud of my father for his decision. When he first moved to Longview for his job and was looking for houses before my mother moved as well, he was told by a man (he's never revealed who, but he said that it is sadly someone in a high standing in the city) that he shouldn't want his kids to go to Longview because that's where all the N-words go. My dad just looked at him and said "Thank you...you have told me exactly where I want my kids to go." While I grew up not privleged, but not poor, my father wanted us to go to that school to understand that in order to function in our society, whether you're a boss or a peon, that you have to deal with people of all races. I don't care if I may call these HP people boss....they have to learn sensitivity to all races. These HP also have to understand that there may be a situation where a black person is their boss and has a better education than even them. That's where that sensitivity training comes in. Would you call that guy a thug or ask him why he's not dressed like one?

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 10:51 AM
oh so you prefer to act after the devestation instead of curbing it before it happens - very clintonesque of you - The belief is what leads to the action. prevention of the action is a far superior defense to responding to the action that was initiated with a radical belief.

well the terrorists beliefs were/are based on their "RELIGION" (whether you want to call it radical is your opinion)...so what do we do to curve their belief, before such crimes are committed? create a law saying their is to be no belief in religion?

i have no problem with prevention, as a matter of fact I advocate tougher laws.

implacable44
11-02-2005, 10:56 AM
well the terrorists beliefs were/are based on their "RELIGION" (whether you want to call it radical is your opinion)...so what do we do to curve their belief, before such crimes are committed? create a law saying their is to be no belief in religion?

i have no problem with prevention, as a matter of fact I advocate tougher laws.

well we must be doing something right - nothing has happened on American soil since 9/11 - so the prevention must be working.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 11:15 AM
well we must be doing something right - nothing has happened on American soil since 9/11 - so the prevention must be working.

still didn't answer the question! what do you do to curve the beliefs of an individual, before they committ crimes in the name of such belief?!

cus the answer you just gave was very "clintonesque" of you!

dada
11-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Some of the biggest "Thugs" and Crooks wear desginer suits to work everyday. This so called "Thug Life" thing everyone keeps frowning upon is a culture thing. Let's drop this subject. Life is hard enough as it is....this site takes me away from all of that, that's why I love this site. You truly cant judge a man until you've walked in his shoes.

implacable44
11-02-2005, 11:24 AM
still didn't answer the question! what do you do to curve the beliefs of an individual, before they committ crimes in the name of such belief?!

cus the answer you just gave was very "clintonesque" of you!

you denounce them - just like we do and you encourage their supposed followers to denounce them -- just like we do - you encourage the leaders who disagree with the radicals to denounce them - like we do -- you dont look at the white kids -- teenagers - white ones - who dress up for a school day and then listen to the comments of the leader of the nation of islam and the new black panters and say nothing,

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Some of the biggest "Thugs" and Crooks wear desginer suits to work everyday. This so called "Thug Life" thing everyone keeps frowning upon is a culture thing. Let's drop this subject. Life is hard enough as it is....this site takes me away from all of that, that's why I love this site. You truly cant judge a man until you've walked in his shoes.

like many of your posts.....well said! ;)

JoeC
11-02-2005, 11:27 AM

Man, I thought I was done (I guess not). . . For the most part, this is a very good post . . . I am not trying to condone racism by anyone but there is a difference. Kind of like reverse discrimination, doesn't acknowledging the existence of reverse descrimination also acknowledge the existence of discrimination. Concurrently, when blacks rebel against racism isn't that reverse racism or retaliation; or better yet, simply defending themselves against oppression. What would we have them do, ball up in a feeble position and wait on the oppressor to get a change of heart? What if someone came up to you and slapped the sh#t out of you what would be your response. I am sure you would retaliate. Why? Probably because you actually felt the pain. The problem is that none of the kids have had an intimate relationship with the pain associated with racism. . . Here is a real good questions for most whites over the age of 50: "Do you know who your grandmother, grandfather or great grandmother was? I don't, you see, my grandfather was tarred and feathered when my mother was the ripe age of five years old (and he was dragged out of the house while she was holding on his leg). Would she be classified as too sensitive or is her resentment justified. . . But here's the kicker, she never raised any of her ten children to be racist. . . Instead she instilled pride in us - and that we should fight racism whenever and wherever it raised its ugly head. And by the way, I have seen white comedians tell "black guy" jokes too and I laugh like hell. One of my most favorite shows of all times was Archie Bunker as I am sure many whites enjoyed Sanford and Son. But come on now get real, these are completely different venues - not public school. There is a time and place for everything. If I want to turn or turn off my TV, I can easily do so. Turning off racism at school is a whole different thing. In fact, my ten year old granddaughter is presently experiencing racism at her school in Plano. When I asked her how it made her feel, she responded with "it hurts Papa". When I asked her what would she say to those kids if she could, she responded "I'll tell them that I am a human being too and that I have feelings. Get to know me, I am a good person. Please do not dislike me simply because of the color of my skin." :( :o This time I am really done with this thread.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 11:39 AM
you denounce them - just like we do and you encourage their supposed followers to denounce them -- just like we do - you encourage the leaders who disagree with the radicals to denounce them - like we do -- you dont look at the white kids -- teenagers - white ones - who dress up for a school day and then listen to the comments of the leader of the nation of islam and the new black panters and say nothing,

who is one human being to denounce anothers beliefs? what makes that human beings' beliefs any more right?

and..
like I said...."actions speak louder than words"! these kids dressed up like thugs, lawn blowers and maids...and they did it for no other reason than to be little ******. that's my opinion! their actions spoke louder!

and..
what some leader says to his people - a million miles away - is not my concern. what is my concern is when those people start carrying out attacks, in the name of that persons teachings and beliefs. the actions of these terrorists are what is at focus - as of late. However, they've hated us for years...it's just now they're actually committing crimes, in the name of their hatred, against America.

that is why i choose to not listen to these over-glorified/racist leaders' words....but if they raise their hand to me or my family, in the name of those words, they'll have themselves a HUGE problem! ;)

implacable44
11-02-2005, 11:42 AM
who is one human being to denounce anothers beliefs? what makes that human beings' beliefs any more right?

and..
like I said...."actions speak louder than words"! these kids dressed up like thugs, lawn blowers and maids...and they did it for no other reason than to be little ******. that's my opinion! their actions spoke louder!

and..
what some leader says to his people - a million miles away - is not my concern. what is my concern is when those people start carrying out attacks, in the name of that persons teachings and beliefs. the actions of these terrorists are what is at focus - as of late. However, they've hated us for years...it's just now they're actually committing crimes, in the name of their hatred, against America.

that is why i choose to not listen to these over-glorified/racist leaders' words....but if they raise their hand to me or my family, in the name of those words, they'll have themselves a HUGE problem! ;)

you can't denounce the belief of the KKK ? or denounce the belief of hamaas or al quida ? You don't denounce the beliefs of the Nazi party ?

what some leader said thousands of miles away in the early 90's led to 9/11 - what some leader said in the 1930's and 40's led to WWII. What some leader is saying right now - thousands of miles away might well lead to another attack - and you don't care until it happens? I guess we differ on that - I prefer to take care of it now and prevent.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 11:55 AM
you can't denounce the belief of the KKK ? or denounce the belief of hamaas or al quida ? You don't denounce the beliefs of the Nazi party ?

what some leader said thousands of miles away in the early 90's led to 9/11 - what some leader said in the 1930's and 40's led to WWII. What some leader is saying right now - thousands of miles away might well lead to another attack - and you don't care until it happens? I guess we differ on that - I prefer to take care of it now and prevent.

i see your point! however, what i asked was, how do you go about curving the beliefs, before crimes are committed in their name?

it's much harder than just denouncing them...especially when they believe what they are doing is based on the will or desire of their God/religion!

hence....who is one human being to denounce anothers beliefs?

imo, you can't have it bothways.....you either denounce the strength of religion, period.....or not all! who is one to say their belief is right, and anothers is wrong? even if it does envolve killing/dying!

the kkk can believe whatever they wish, however, their history shows it goes beyond just talk and teachings...that's where the line is crossed. same goes for the others!

pack0808
11-02-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm just proud of my father for his decision. When he first moved to Longview for his job and was looking for houses before my mother moved as well, he was told by a man (he's never revealed who, but he said that it is sadly someone in a high standing in the city) that he shouldn't want his kids to go to Longview because that's where all the N-words go. My dad just looked at him and said "Thank you...you have told me exactly where I want my kids to go." While I grew up not privleged, but not poor, my father wanted us to go to that school to understand that in order to function in our society, whether you're a boss or a peon, that you have to deal with people of all races. I don't care if I may call these HP people boss....they have to learn sensitivity to all races. These HP also have to understand that there may be a situation where a black person is their boss and has a better education than even them. That's where that sensitivity training comes in. Would you call that guy a thug or ask him why he's not dressed like one?

Sensitivity Training Blahhhhhhh Oh i forget in today's society we never want to hurt anybody's FEELINGS!! LOL I am completely against racisim in every shape or form but some of those pansy *** liberal policies like sensitivity training is a complete joke.

Redneckn
11-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Not trying to pick on you - "but man did you start out good and then progressively regressed. I don't believe you meant any harm by the way you ended your post but its just this kind of thinking that drives racism. Racism is not intrinsic or some force of nature; racism is driven by culture (social engineering). Are you aware that for thousands of years race was not an issue; for the most part this is a modern day phenomenon. There were many ancient societies that lived in harmony with other races including the Ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans. Class of wealth, not race, drove seperation. But if we inflict a class of people (by race) with inequality, guess what you get. You get a poorer than thou subgroup and ultimately, the by-products are racism and chaos. And as for leaders, this does not have to be driven by race either; leaders come in all shades. I'll say this again, racism is not intrinsic - its culture driven . . . :( :o Think about it, little children could care less about what color of skin their friends have . . . End racism now(!!), together we have the almighty power of one. ;) Have a good day and a good life and do your part to ensure other human beings have equal opportunity . . . I am done with this thread . . . :cool:

For thousands of years, the majority of races were seperate. Races being mixed in with one another is a modern day event.
I agree that leadership generally has nothing to do with color.
I agree, end racism now.. everybody get in their own corner and stay there.

By todays standards, it's only "racist" when the offender is White.

And as for the NAACP, they are the biggest race-hate organization known to this country. Their hate filled rhetoric rivals that of any klan meeting ever had.
And the nation of islam isn't far behind that either.
Did you all know that at the "conference for black media in america" the other week, the day before the million man march, there was a black man that got up and stated that "we" need to do whatever we can to exterminate the White man from the face of the earth. All the black people in the audience cheered and clapped.

Who exactly are the racist again?

BigArab
11-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Sensitivity Training Blahhhhhhh Oh i forget in today's society we never want to hurt anybody's FEELINGS!! LOL I am completely against racisim in every shape or form but some of those pansy *** liberal policies like sensitivity training is a complete joke.

You took what I was saying out of context. I'm speaking about "sensitivity training" more along the lines of learning about other cultures, therefore you understand what would be acceptable and unacceptable. Not literal "send me to training camp to be sensitive." That sounds like a joke to me.

LoneRocket
11-02-2005, 01:11 PM
And as for the NAACP, they are the biggest race-hate organization known to this country. Their hate filled rhetoric rivals that of any klan meeting ever had.
Did you all know that at the "conference for black media in america" the other week, the day before the million man march, there was a black man that got up and stated that "we" need to do whatever we can to exterminate the White man from the face of the earth. All the black people in the audience cheered and clapped.

You are saying that the NAACP lynched people, burned crosses in yards, attacked people in mobs, put dogs and fire hoses on people. What person of the NBJA made that comment, about Whites, so we can call him on it, plus do you have a link so we can verify your information?

Redneckn
11-02-2005, 01:16 PM
You are saying that the NAACP lynched people, burned crosses in yards, attacked people in mobs, put dogs and fire hoses on people. What person of the NBJA made that comment, about Whites, so we can call him on it, plus do you have a link so we can verify your information.

If you go to c-span.org and look thru the archives, they should still have the video of it. It was from like 10-15 or 10-18.. something right around there.. If you cant find it and have a broadband connection, I can email it to you tonite when I get home.

The NAACP doesnt have to do physical things to be just as dirty. Boycotting business', threatning lawsuits, holding towns, companies, and indivuals finincial hostage. It is the same. Actually it's worse really.
The NAACP is the worse thing that has ever happened to the black man. That and liberal poloticians.

dada
11-02-2005, 01:21 PM
When you look at a football team...you see your team colors. It dosent matter what color the player is under the helmet...you cheer. Football brings people together. Lets Lock this and get back to football. We all have red Blood...we're all human. 90% of us are cool...the 10% of idiots just get more air time.........

implacable44
11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
You are saying that the NAACP lynched people, burned crosses in yards, attacked people in mobs, put dogs and fire hoses on people. What person of the NBJA made that comment, about Whites, so we can call him on it, plus do you have a link so we can verify your information?

i already provided you with the name of the gentleman who made that speech in my previous post.

implacable44
11-02-2005, 01:29 PM
When you look at a football team...you see your team colors. It dosent matter what color the player is under the helmet...you cheer. Football brings people together. Lets Lock this and get back to football. We all have red Blood...we're all human. 90% of us are cool...the 10% of idiots just get more air time.........

point made - and agreed but this is the off-topic thread. I assume you are in the 90% cool category ?

dada
11-02-2005, 01:36 PM
point made - and agreed but this is the off-topic thread. I assume you are in the 90% cool category ?
LOL...I TRY to be. I cant stand to think that there may be someone out there who DOSENT like me.

LoneRocket
11-02-2005, 01:39 PM
If you go to c-span.org and look thru the archives, they should still have the video of it. It was from like 10-15 or 10-18.. something right around there.. If you cant find it and have a broadband connection, I can email it to you tonite when I get home.

The NAACP doesnt have to do physical things to be just as dirty. Boycotting business', threatning lawsuits, holding towns, companies, and indivuals finincial hostage. It is the same. Actually it's worse really.
The NAACP is the worse thing that has ever happened to the black man. That and liberal poloticians.
Thanks I will look on c-span, but you said "And as for the NAACP, they are the biggest race-hate organization known to this country." From researching another poster’s comments, he said that the NAACP defends the rights of people in employment issues for example even though you worked on this job for me I am not going to pay you. The person that the NAACP helped in that situation was white. The issues in Tulia and Hearne Texas where Black and Hispanics where wrongly accused of drug running by rogue cops the NAACP was the only organization that fought for their freedom. If a company discriminates against a group of people (no mater what their color) why should we give them our hard earned money? You are saying that doing that is worse than Lynching, murder and burning crosses on Saturday and then professing a Christian belief in GOD on Sunday.

implacable44
11-02-2005, 01:41 PM
LOL...I TRY to be. I cant stand to think that there may be someone out there who DOSENT like me.

good philosophy - i serve as the ying to your yang - I can't stand to believe that there might be someone out there who actually does like me.

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
For thousands of years, the majority of races were seperate. Races being mixed in with one another is a modern day event.

You sound as if you're more ticked off at the black media or minority organizations, because it's unfare that they can be racists and whites can't!

How about racism is sh**! Period!

And sadly enough, it's the biggest tragedy of our American history!

I believe...
Racism - on the part of Blacks - is a taught hatred, in response to years of systematic oppression. But I believe that over the years of systematic oppression whites hated blacks because of their skin color and physical features. It's a "responsive hate" in opposition to a "natural hatred", IMO!

And it's difficult to unteach the Black 50, 60 and 70 year-olds who grew up in the 40's, 50's and 60's. They have horror stories that'd make modern people throw-up! And they pass that "responsive hate" unto their children, and so forth. Where as when you see white hatred...it's not responsive, it's outright denouncement of ones culture or race. In other words, I think I know why most blacks - who are racist - hate whites....but I don't why whites have hated blacks over the past hundreds of years, and even today. If we were to use the crime rate as a justification....we could go back 30 yrs and that would justify some sort of excuse - on the parts of most whites. However, if we were to go back over the past 300 years, the crime rate would benefit blacks, no questions asked!

Neither hate is acceptable, IMO!!!! But, if you wish to have a hatred or racist beliefs, please, move to your own little part of America - like the Klan has - and live freely and easy. I promise you no one will even know you're gone!

In regards to HP....
I don't think these kids at HP are racist...they're just products of the rich and secluded. But if you were to get to know them, they'd turn out alright.

I still can call them prickish little snobs - and they are -, for what they did, but that's a far far cry from what this country once was....and that's a VERY good thing!!!

dada
11-02-2005, 01:44 PM
good philosophy - i serve as the ying to your yang - I can't stand to believe that there might be someone out there who actually does like me.
You only get one life...I try to meet,conversate and learn about as many people as I can. But you know what they say "Some people cause happiness where ever they go. Some, WHENEVER they go".....lol

implacable44
11-02-2005, 01:49 PM
You sound as if you're more ticked off at the black media or minority organizations, because it's unfare that they can be racists and whites can't!

How about racism is sh**! Period!

And sadly enough, it's the biggest tragedy of our American history!

I believe...
Racism - on the part of Blacks - is a taught hatred, in response to years of systematic oppression. But I believe that over the years of systematic oppression whites hated blacks because of their skin color and physical features. It's a "responsive hate" in opposition to a "natural hatred", IMO!

And it's difficult to unteach the Black 50, 60 and 70 year-olds who grew up in the 40's, 50's and 60's. They have horror stories that'd make modern people throw-up! And they pass that "responsive hate" unto their children, and so forth. Where as when you see white hatred...it's not responsive, it's outright denouncement of ones culture or race. In other words, I think I know why most blacks - who are racist - hate whites....but I don't why whites have hated blacks over the past hundreds of years, and even today. If we were to use the crime rate as a justification....we could go back 30 yrs and that would justify some sort of excuse - on the parts of most whites. However, if we were to go back over the past 300 years, the crime rate would benefit blacks, no questions asked!

Neither hate is acceptable, IMO!!!! But, if you wish to have a hatred or racist beliefs, please, move to your own little part of America - like the Klan has - and live freely and easy. I promise you no one will even know you're gone!

In regards to HP....
I don't think these kids at HP are racist...they're just products of the rich and secluded. But if you were to get to know them, they'd turn out alright.

I still can call them prickish little snobs - and they are -, for what they did, but that's a far far cry from what this country once was....and that's a VERY good thing!!!

this is your opinion and although not a great one - it is an opinion. blacks hate whites - whites hate blacks-- latins hate this or that race for this or that reason - I agree with you that it is all stupidity.

I think it is silly of you to attempt to justify racism - in the sense that you APPEAR to feel blacks are justified in their racism and whites are not. I disagree with you.

Redneckn
11-02-2005, 01:50 PM
As I stated earlier..I think every race needs to be in his own corner.. Problem solved that way.
Because this problem is not getting any better and it will not go away. I would like to make it very clear that I do not hate any color of person, I just think that all colors need to be seperated.

dada
11-02-2005, 01:56 PM
As I stated earlier..I think every race needs to be in his own corner.. Problem solved that way.
Because this problem is not getting any better and it will not go away. I would like to make it very clear that I do not hate any color of person, I just think that all colors need to be seperated.
So you're Pro-segregation?????????

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 01:59 PM
this is your opinion and although not a great one - it is an opinion. blacks hate whites - whites hate blacks-- latins hate this or that race for this or that reason - I agree with you that it is all stupidity.

I think it is silly of you to attempt to justify racism - in the sense that you APPEAR to feel blacks are justified in their racism and whites are not. I disagree with you.

you call it justification...i call it understanding.

what reason would blacks have for hating whites?

what reason has whites had for hating blacks?

i'm sure you can't answer these questions, but attempts can be made. i made an attempt. you can disagree, but it seems very logical, imo. i don't think anyone is born to hate...however, my great-grandmother told me stories of how she was treated like she wasn't human, or worse. what do you think a 75 year-old kkk member is telling his great-grandson?! it probably isn't a story about being called the "n-word", when he was 11, or almost being lynched because he looked at a black girl the wrong way!

Redneckn
11-02-2005, 02:01 PM
So you're Pro-segregation?????????

after examining the racial situation for some time now, I have come to the conclusion that that may perhaps be the only way for us all to "get along".

dada
11-02-2005, 02:04 PM
after examining the racial situation for some time now, I have come to the conclusion that that may perhaps be the only way for us all to "get along".
Can't say I can agree with you, but if you're ever in Houston....look me up. Some of us Colored folk are good guys. First rounds on me! ;)

implacable44
11-02-2005, 02:09 PM
you call it justification...i call it understanding.

what reason would blacks have for hating whites?

what reason has whites had for hating blacks?

i'm sure you can't answer these questions, but attempts can be made. i made an attempt. you can disagree, but it seems very logical, imo. i don't think anyone is born to hate...however, my great-grandmother told me stories of how she was treated like she wasn't human, or worse. what do you think a 75 year-old kkk member is telling his great-grandson?! it probably isn't a story about being called the "n-word", when he was 11, or almost being lynched because he looked at a black girl the wrong way!

it is your understanding - not mine - and i call it justification and I say racism is wrong period - everybody has some bias in them and everybody is prejudice but racism is just wrong. - the kind of hate that leads to racism is individual - you cant classify a whole people and say this is why they are that way - you can try - but each person individually makes that decision - maybe my white sister hates black people because she was raped by one - or maybe my friend lucy hates mexican people because they mugged hear and beat her - who can say - maybe my black friend brent hates white people because he was beat up by a group of white guys - or maybe he feels he is a "victim" of the man and can;t catch a break - maybe my friend john who is white hates black people because he feels they take his job via affirmative action when in reality that other guy was just more qualified. -- who can say but in m y mind it is all an individual decision - stories -- true and terrible are stories and not experiences of today's black youth. they have their own and form their own opinions as do those white kids and latins and asians etc..

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 02:10 PM

how deep was your examination?? splitting the races won't solve a thing. toughing laws - therefore "curving the efforts of the lawless", community envolvement - spanking joe's a** when he misbehaves, instead of saying go sit in the corner for 30 seconds. Family values, morals, principals! I think our values are all screwed up! I think we're too soft, as a country!

It's funny, has anyone ever seen Demolition Man - one of Stallone's worst?? Well the society they live in, where life is controled by an automated central being is just one of the things I envision in the future.

I know...I know..."cocaine is a helluva drug"!!! :p

ThEgReAtOnE
11-02-2005, 02:25 PM
it is your understanding - not mine - and i call it justification and I say racism is wrong period - everybody has some bias in them and everybody is prejudice but racism is just wrong. - the kind of hate that leads to racism is individual - you cant classify a whole people and say this is why they are that way - you can try - but each person individually makes that decision - maybe my white sister hates black people because she was raped by one - or maybe my friend lucy hates mexican people because they mugged hear and beat her - who can say - maybe my black friend brent hates white people because he was beat up by a group of white guys - or maybe he feels he is a "victim" of the man and can;t catch a break - maybe my friend john who is white hates black people because he feels they take his job via affirmative action when in reality that other guy was just more qualified. -- who can say but in m y mind it is all an individual decision - stories -- true and terrible are stories and not experiences of today's black youth. they have their own and form their own opinions as do those white kids and latins and asians etc..

i will agree with most of what you've said, however, there is still a deep dark responsive hatred lurking deep in the heart of many blacks. what's usually the first thing a black man says to a cop, when he's pulled over and searched? "Why'd you pull me over? Because I'm black?" ( I have had personal experiences with that! I said it because that's what I was taught! Responsive hate!)

And who can answer the question of why whites hated blacks enough to enslave them, burn them on stakes, **** them, mutilate them and beat them for hundreds of years?! I doubt the answer for that was.."we were jumped by a few blacks"!

I'm thinking this....racism of the past fuels much of the racism today, whether it's white or black or hispanic! AND IT'S ALL WRONG!! YES, WE KNOW THAT...BUT HOW DO WE BREAK THE CHAIN????!!!!!!

That's the biggest question....how do we break the chain??!!

JoeC
11-02-2005, 03:12 PM

Did you all know that at the "conference for black media in america" the other week, the day before the million man march, there was a black man that got up and stated that "we" need to do whatever we can to exterminate the White man from the face of the earth. All the black people in the audience cheered and clapped. Who exactly are the racist again?

First, racism, whether "black racist" or "white racist" - racism is dead wrong (period). Now concerning your statement "For thousands of years, the majority of races were separate. Races being mixed in with one another is a modern day event." Are you kidding me? Clearly early in the history of [uncivilized man] races were obviously separate - that we can agree. But are you telling me that there were not blacks, whites and Asians living in harmony in Ancient Egypt? Are you saying that the Ancient Greeks and the Egyptians did not have a reciprocal economic relationship? Are you saying that there were not many Africans living in Ancient Rome as priest and holding high seats and ranks in Government and Military respectively? If this is what you believe(?) . . . well, let me put it this way, this is the kind of crap "separatist" teach. Do you know that as recent as prior to the Renaissance (in conjunction with the dark ages of Europe) that African Muslims lived in a large portion of Europe (e.g., Spain) for some 800 years (as evidenced in the Black Madonna's worship)? Have you ever heard of Timbuktu and Djenne (Ancient African centers of higher learning) where all races (Europeans and Asians inclusive) lived and learned together in harmony? Listen man, miscegenation is not as new as some would have us believe. :rolleyes: And what do I tell my many "white friends", we can't be friends anymore because some misguided and misinformed guy who hails himself Redneckn said so? Can you do all of us a favor? Do some historical research for your self and stop listening to racist propaganda. :cool: Racist propaganda is a major part of the problem; subsequently, we all have been lied to, blacks and whites alike. :eek:

JoeC
11-02-2005, 03:47 PM
i will agree with most of what you've said, however, there is still a deep dark responsive hatred lurking deep in the heart of many blacks.

And who can answer the question of why whites hated blacks enough to enslave them, burn them on stakes, **** them, mutilate them and beat them for hundreds of years?!

I can but I won't - not on this post/thread . . . Have any of you guys ever read the book The Richest Man in Babylon? This book decribes a time when men gathered in the square of the city at the end of the day and openly discussed "heavy" topics. This could never happen today and what a shame. I save these kind of conversations/dialouge for close friends - both black and white. What I will do is suggest some reading: 1) Black Athena by Martin Bernal, and 2) Black Spark - White Fire by Richard Poe. I would also suggest that you follow-up these books with [your own] investigative research. These books will not answer this question for you but if you continue your research it will start to come together. Was it justified? Absolutely not!! But atleast you can start to understand the resentment. Above all, understand this clearly, life is cyclical . . . . a vicious cycle. The real question is how do we stop it?! How can we go back to living in harmony?

Redneckn
11-02-2005, 04:48 PM
First, racism, whether "black racist" or "white racist" - racism is dead wrong (period). Now concerning your statement "For thousands of years, the majority of races were separate. Races being mixed in with one another is a modern day event." Are you kidding me? Clearly early in the history of [uncivilized man] races were obviously separate - that we can agree. But are you telling me that there were not blacks, whites and Asians living in harmony in Ancient Egypt? Are you saying that the Ancient Greeks and the Egyptians did not have a reciprocal economic relationship? Are you saying that there were not many Africans living in Ancient Rome as priest and holding high seats and ranks in Government and Military respectively? If this is what you believe(?) . . . well, let me put it this way, this is the kind of crap "separatist" teach. Do you know that as recent as prior to the Renaissance (in conjunction with the dark ages of Europe) that African Muslims lived in a large portion of Europe (e.g., Spain) for some 800 years (as evidenced in the Black Madonna's worship)? Have you ever heard of Timbuktu and Djenne (Ancient African centers of higher learning) where all races (Europeans and Asians inclusive) lived and learned together in harmony? Listen man, miscegenation is not as new as some would have us believe. :rolleyes: And what do I tell my many "white friends", we can't be friends anymore because some misguided and misinformed guy who hails himself Redneckn said so? Can you do all of us a favor? Do some historical research for your self and stop listening to racist propaganda. :cool: Racist propaganda is a major part of the problem; subsequently, we all have been lied to, blacks and whites alike. :eek:

But what if I view you "facts" as just propaganda? I'm not directing you to be or not to be friends with anyone.. That's for you and those people to decide. Furthermore, I'm talking on the level of 2 men. I'm talking on the level of thousands...Any 2 people can get along if they choose to...It is much harder for several thousand to do so.

As far as being seperate goes though. Take 15 people of 3 or 4 races that do not know each other and put them in a gym and watch what happens. They will seperate on their own.

Aside form all of that.. Because I'm not going to change your mind, and I'm not trying to. I think White people are tired of having non-white crammed down their throat. Let White folks be White. Why is that so wrong?

GoOwls
11-02-2005, 05:13 PM
I live in the Houston area, so Im not really familiar with the Highland Park "way of life". I do know that Highland Park is an exclusive enclave within the Dallas community where most of the residents are multi-millionaires, doctors, lawyers, oil and energy executives, and money reigns supreme.

We have a couple of areas similiar to Highland park in finiancial clout and status here in Houston which are, River Oaks, West University Place/Bellaire, Memorial, and other pockets of clout around the metropolitian area.

I dont know why the anyone is making a big fuss out of it. Besides the fact that it is highly in-sensitive to dress a certain way and then label it as a thug day, these kids are only living out fantasy's that they see everyday on their favorite tv shows on BET, MTV, UPN and Fox, or what their favorite rappers cd that they are jamming in the cd player.

Bravo!! Someone who sees with the clarity of wisdom.

For some strange reason, you rarely see blacks or hispanic people making fun of whites in person and dress, but you see white folks making an *** out of themselves all the time by trying to "hold it down" ,"keeping it real" ,"living life as a thug" etc

Most of these kids have probably not had any interaction with black or hispanic people unless they were being served some coffee, had their oil changed in their bmw's or hummer's or were being rung up at the check out register.

I dont think personally they had to get afro wigs, fake gold teeth and black designer clothing to be "thugged out" as they like call to call it...they could have worn their designer suits, dresses and shoes, and just followed the examples of those white thugs at Enron, WorldCom,Conseco, Tyco, Delphi, United Airlines and others who have destroyed more lives than anyone can imagine.

but, we know kids are gonna kids, so its not going to stop this year..there will be plenty of "thug days" at Highland Park and other schools similiar that, wheter announced or unannounced.

Bravo!!! Finally, someone who sees things with clarity, in the big picture, through wisdom.

GoOwls
11-02-2005, 05:34 PM

Go back a few weeks ago and on "The O'Reilly Factor", he interviewed Farrahkan (sp). They had a heated debate where O'Reilly repeatedly asked him if he believed the US Govt. blew up the dikes. He hemmed and hawed around the sublect, but he made it pretty clear that he thinks the Army Corp of Eng., at the behest of the Feds, blew up the dikes and "finished the job".

JoeC
11-02-2005, 05:44 PM
As far as being seperate goes though. Take 15 people of 3 or 4 races that do not know each other and put them in a gym and watch what happens. They will seperate on their own.

Aside form all of that.. Because I'm not going to change your mind, and I'm not trying to. I think White people are tired of having non-white crammed down their throat. Let White folks be White. Why is that so wrong?

I don't know about where you live, but in LV they'd play a game of basketball. Look I give up, obviously you can't see (the forest for the trees)that this is not a natural inclination (separation) of human beings. "We" have been systematically conditioned to react in this manner. And furthermore, you're absolutely right - there is nothing wrong with being white; and at the same time, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being black either. But please try to understand this if you will, there is only one race - the human race . . . By the way, I thought you was an Evangel fan; if so, its a shame that you secretly hate the black players on your team. God bless you and have a good life, Amen. :)

Redneckn
11-02-2005, 06:06 PM
I don't know about where you live, but in LV they'd play a game of basketball. Look I give up, obviously you can't see (the forest for the trees)that this is not a natural inclination (separation) of human beings. "We" have been systematically conditioned to react in this manner. And furthermore, you're absolutely right - there is nothing wrong with being white; and at the same time, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being black either. But please try to understand this if you will, there is only one race - the human race . . . By the way, I thought you was an Evangel fan; if so, its a shame that you secretly hate the black players on your team. God bless you and have a good life, Amen. :)

You have wonderful "dream world" ideas. I have not at all been conditioned to be this way. I actually got to where I am after a series of social events that I found disturbing.

There is more than 1 race.. Ask the blood banks.. They'll tell you right away.

I've done nothing in secret. Everybody that knows me knows exactly where I stand on everything. My being a fan of ECA has nothing whatsoever to do with this. Don't be foolish.. I still watch the NFL every Sunday and Monday even though it is not an "all White" institution.
Also, I never said I hate anyone. Please don't put words in my mouth.

And yes, God has blessed me.. He made me Southern.

JoeC
11-02-2005, 06:52 PM
You have wonderful "dream world" ideas. I have not at all been conditioned to be this way. I actually got to where I am after a series of social events that I found disturbing.

There is more than 1 race.. Ask the blood banks.. They'll tell you right away.

I've done nothing in secret. Everybody that knows me knows exactly where I stand on everything. My being a fan of ECA has nothing whatsoever to do with this. Don't be foolish.. I still watch the NFL every Sunday and Monday even though it is not an "all White" institution.
Also, I never said I hate anyone. Please don't put words in my mouth.

And yes, God has blessed me.. He made me Southern.

So I guess I should classify all whites as "eaters of human flesh" like Jeffery Dahmer - that would be absolutely absurd!! Please stop the generalizations!! And that part about the blood and race really shows your intellectual prowess. You don't know it but your blood statement actually validates my point about one race. Interesting enough, I have always wondered if people who had racist inclinations watched the NFL, NBA and other sports inundated with black athletes. I guess you answered that one. At least you are a man genuine to his principles. :rolleyes: "I love you too man" - you know something, I think we could be friends ("Why can't we be friends"). . . At least we've proved that we can have some deep dialogue . . . I think that's a start, don't you? Oh yeah, we got something else in common - God made me Southern too. . . :D

implacable44
11-02-2005, 07:28 PM
I can but I won't - not on this post/thread . . . Have any of you guys ever read the book The Richest Man in Babylon? This book decribes a time when men gathered in the square of the city at the end of the day and openly discussed "heavy" topics. This could never happen today and what a shame. I save these kind of conversations/dialouge for close friends - both black and white. What I will do is suggest some reading: 1) Black Athena by Martin Bernal, and 2) Black Spark - White Fire by Richard Poe. I would also suggest that you follow-up these books with [your own] investigative research. These books will not answer this question for you but if you continue your research it will start to come together. Was it justified? Absolutely not!! But atleast you can start to understand the resentment. Above all, understand this clearly, life is cyclical . . . . a vicious cycle. The real question is how do we stop it?! How can we go back to living in harmony?

I have read The Richest Man in Babylon and I have read Black Athena ( unfortunately) with its outlandish theories about Afrocentrism and the ancient Egyptians were african americans and the greeks stole their philosophy and converted it to an Aryan one - totally ignoring the african contribution ( racist ********) - I don't buy his theory = hogwash. I bet you probably think that adam was black too and so was jesus right ? Me i dont know really but I don't condone you recommending these books - if you recommend these, I think it prudent you also recommend some books containing an opposing theory. I just don't buy the afro-asiatic roots that the author preaches.

Black Spark White Fire is more of the same theory - unproved and unfounded.

I remember when I was playing ball in Utah and there was a lady there -sweet as can be -Mary Stoner -= older black lady and she would tell me everyday how the first people --- adam and eve were black and that the white race was mutated off-spring from that original race of pure blacks. HILARIOUS stuff.

implacable44
11-02-2005, 07:30 PM
So I guess I should classify all whites as "eaters of human flesh" like Jeffery Dahmer - that would be absolutely absurd!! Please stop the generalizations!! And that part about the blood and race really shows your intellectual prowess. You don't know it but your blood statement actually validates my point about one race. Interesting enough, I have always wondered if people who had racist inclinations watched the NFL, NBA and other sports inundated with black athletes. I guess you answered that one. At least you are a man genuine to his principles. :rolleyes: "I love you too man" - you know something, I think we could be friends ("Why can't we be friends"). . . At least we've proved that we can have some deep dialogue . . . I think that's a start, don't you? Oh yeah, we got something else in common - God made me Southern too. . . :D

jeffrey dahmer? then I guess all blacks are murdering rapists right ? what a ridiculous comment. who r u reggie white ? rush limbaugh ? jimmy the greek ?

JoeC
11-02-2005, 07:51 PM
I have read The Richest Man in Babylon and I have read Black Athena ( unfortunately) with its outlandish theories about Afrocentrism and the ancient Egyptians were african americans and the greeks stole their philosophy and converted it to an Aryan one - totally ignoring the african contribution ( racist ********) - I don't buy his theory = hogwash. I bet you probably think that adam was black too and so was jesus right ? Me i dont know really but I don't condone you recommending these books - if you recommend these, I think it prudent you also recommend some books containing an opposing theory. I just don't buy the afro-asiatic roots that the author preaches.

Black Spark White Fire is more of the same theory - unproved and unfounded.

I remember when I was playing ball in Utah and there was a lady there -sweet as can be -Mary Stoner -= older black lady and she would tell me everyday how the first people --- adam and eve were black and that the white race was mutated off-spring from that original race of pure blacks. HILARIOUS stuff.

Man I am not looking to pick a fight, but the truth is that history is in shambles. I don't have an idea what to call hogwash; unfortunately, I was not there - and neither were any of us. What I believe is in fact a long way from what I know. To believe something is also admitting that you don't know. That is why I said do some investigative research of your own. I don't have a clue what color Adam was nor Jesus; likewise, I am almost certain you don't know either. And frankly I don't care what you do or don't condone - I am suggesting that you look in other directions for the truth - we have already been inundated with the opposite. Now as far as what can be proved - all we need do is take a hard look into the MtDNA. It has never scared me that Columbus may have discovered America; on the other hand, why does the possibility that blacks may have accomplished something infuriate you so? :confused:

JoeC
11-02-2005, 07:53 PM
jeffrey dahmer? then I guess all blacks are murdering rapists right ? what a ridiculous comment. who r u reggie white ? rush limbaugh ? jimmy the greek ?

Calm down man . . . go back and re-read my post, we are in agreement on this absurdity!!

Redneckn
11-02-2005, 08:14 PM

You may classify Whites which every way makes you happiest... I wouldn't call anything I said a generalization...The stupidity of some is backed by facts...What percentage of blacks are convicts? What percentage of Whites?
I'm not saying there are no sorry useless Whites, because there are plenty of those..
You toss the term "racist inclinations" out there like it's a bad thing. Are you not proud of your race? Why should it be wrong to be proud of where you came from? As for the NFL thing.. Yes, I watch it.. I love football. But I draw the line on professional sports there..
We could never be friends.. I am cordial to everyone I meet until they give me reason to be otherwise. Honestly though, we could never be friends not because of a skin color, but because of your idea of making me like you. And I don't mean holding a gun to my head making me, I mean your way of just constantly presenting your ideas over and over and over until I would either just give in to shut you up or be brainwashed.
I am geniune to my principles, my watching football has nothing to do with that. All I see are players on the field...
The blood thing...Explain to me how that validates your arguement.. I didn't pull that out of my arse.. I got that from a report released by the redcross.

Yes, we can have as much conversation as you care to have... But I would really rather not as I'm not trying to "win you over". I don't have a problem with discussing anything with anybody. I have never been one to claim to know it all. I am not beyond learning things, even things about people whom are different than I.

Glad you're Southern as well. See there, I think God can smile on all races.. I don't think He's exclusive to anyone but Christians.

Honestly, I wish I'd have just stayed out of the whole discussion.. There just isn't any gain for either of us.

The bottom line is that a kid brought a leaf blower to school and it's funny.

JoeC
11-02-2005, 08:32 PM
You may classify Whites which every way makes you happiest... I wouldn't call anything I said a generalization...The stupidity of some is backed by facts...What percentage of blacks are convicts? What percentage of Whites?
I'm not saying there are no sorry useless Whites, because there are plenty of those..
You toss the term "racist inclinations" out there like it's a bad thing. Are you not proud of your race? Why should it be wrong to be proud of where you came from? As for the NFL thing.. Yes, I watch it.. I love football. But I draw the line on professional sports there..
We could never be friends.. I am cordial to everyone I meet until they give me reason to be otherwise. Honestly though, we could never be friends not because of a skin color, but because of your idea of making me like you. And I don't mean holding a gun to my head making me, I mean your way of just constantly presenting your ideas over and over and over until I would either just give in to shut you up or be brainwashed.
I am geniune to my principles, my watching football has nothing to do with that. All I see are players on the field...
The blood thing...Explain to me how that validates your arguement.. I didn't pull that out of my arse.. I got that from a report released by the redcross.

Yes, we can have as much conversation as you care to have... But I would really rather not as I'm not trying to "win you over". I don't have a problem with discussing anything with anybody. I have never been one to claim to know it all. I am not beyond learning things, even things about people whom are different than I.

Glad you're Southern as well. See there, I think God can smile on all races.. I don't think He's exclusive to anyone but Christians.

Honestly, I wish I'd have just stayed out of the whole discussion.. There just isn't any gain for either of us.

You are so wrong . . . I have many, many friends and I respect their opinion as long as they respect mine. Contrary to what you think, I respect your right to your opinion; and if I knew you personally I would never attempt to brainwash you. I just think there are many more important things to worry about other than separatist agendas. And you are so right, I am proud to be black just as I am sure you are proud to be white. But that's where our agreement ends - I believe the entire human race is important . . . and I also believe that we were meant to be together as the true essence of God.

implacable44
11-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Man I am not looking to pick a fight, but the truth is that history is in shambles. I don't have an idea what to call hogwash; unfortunately, I was not there - and neither were any of us. What I believe is in fact a long way from what I know. To believe something is also admitting that you don't know. That is why I said do some investigative research of your own. I don't have a clue what color Adam was nor Jesus; likewise, I am almost certain you don't know either. And frankly I don't care what you do or don't condone - I am suggesting that you look in other directions for the truth - we have already been inundated with the opposite. Now as far as what can be proved - all we need do is take a hard look into the MtDNA. It has never scared me that Columbus may have discovered America; on the other hand, why does the possibility that blacks may have accomplished something infuriate you so? :confused:

it doesnt infuriate me -- i just dont agree with that belief. we are on the opposite ends of that. i think there have been many influential black people in history as well as white, latin, asian etc. - I don't pretend to know what color they were either - I believe though. - just a little differently than you do. none of it can be proved.

pack0808
11-03-2005, 09:10 AM

Amen, enough said!!

Red Raiders
11-05-2005, 10:19 PM
What is up with Highland Park? You ask...

Nothing!

It's the same old prickish, wealth-encompassed school it's been for many years, now!

Fact is, the parents of these students don't care! So why should the students? The parents are rich socialites that block out the surroundings of the world, via Highlands Park finest, and say yes to every desire a rich-brat could ask for. The snobbish youths then drive themselves to school, in their Mercedes Benz, and on the way there, they throw insulting remarks at the less fortunate people who cut the yards of the neighborhood...or humorously call out the gettho-endured citizens of the poor class who walk along the city street, on their way to the same old tired bus stop.

Highland Park is just being itself, an enclosed little city unto itself! Consider it the "O.C." of inner-Dallas! However, to dress up as "thugs" is odd, because you'd think you'd have to know a little about what creates a thug....and I assure you these "Mommy...can I have the credit card this weekend?" brats know nothing about them! Would these same "rich-class thugs" walk into Dallas Carter, Kimball or Wilmer Hutchins...dressed that way, shouting lyrics and spewing the "N-word" from their mouthes? I doubt it very seriously! That would mean they'd have to have some sort of relation, at heart...which they don't. Plus they'd have to have some kind of toughness...which is laughable.

So I'm not so surprised, at all! The rich will never change....especially their snotty little spoiled children, who have no clue of what a work ethic feels like!

Why are you trying to me down, I have no work ethic feels like either. You jealous of these kind of people?

Red Raiders
11-05-2005, 10:21 PM

I thought this whole stuff was funny anyway, I don't care if anyone is offended. Hey guess what? 2 weeks ago, we had 80's day, and alot of black people were wearing all black suits meaning racist to white and I wasn't offended at all, so why would I care if other people is offended about racist? but I am not racist to anyone, I just think this whole stuff is so funny!